Thursday, September 5, 2019

THEINC-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - September 5 - Full Text!

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 

SEPTEMBER 5


PSALMS: 5, 35, 65, 95, 125

PROVERBS: 5

OLD TESTAMENT: DANIEL 1:1 - 2:23

NEW TESTAMENT: 1 PETER 3:8 - 4:6


PSALMS: 5

1 For the leader.
On wind instruments.
A psalm of David:
Give ear to my words,
ADONAI, consider my inmost thoughts. 
2 Listen to my cry for help,
my king and my God, for I pray to you. 
3 ADONAI, in the morning you will hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my needs before you and wait expectantly. 
4 For you are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness;
evil cannot remain with you. 
5 Those who brag cannot stand before your eyes,
you hate all who do evil, 
6 you destroy those who tell lies,
ADONAI detests men of blood and deceivers. 
7 But I can enter your house because of your great grace and love;
I will bow down toward your holy temple in reverence for you. 
8 Lead me, ADONAI, in your righteousness
because of those lying in wait for me;
make your way straight before me. 
9 For in their mouths there is nothing sincere,
within them are calamities, their throats are open tombs,
they flatter with their tongues. 
10 God, declare them guilty!
Let them fall through their own intrigues,
For their many crimes, throw them down;
since they have rebelled against you.
11 But let all who take refuge in you rejoice,
let them forever shout for joy!
Shelter them;
and they will be glad,
those who love your name.
12 For you, ADONAI, bless the righteous;
you surround them with favor like a shield.


PSALMS: 35

1 By David: ADONAI, oppose those who oppose me;
fight against those who fight against me. 
2 Grasp your shield and protective gear,
and rise to my defense. 
3 Brandish spear and battle-axe against my pursuers;
let me hear you say, "I am your salvation." 
4 May those who seek my life be disgraced and put to confusion;
may those who are plotting harm for me be repulsed and put to shame. 
5 May they be like chaff before the wind,
with the angel of ADONAI to drive them on. 
6 May their way be dark and slippery,
with the angel of ADONAI to pursue them. 
7 For unprovoked, they hid their net over a pit;
unprovoked, they dug it for me. 
8 May destruction come over him unawares.
May the net he concealed catch himself;
may he fall into it and be destroyed. 
9 Then I will be joyful in ADONAI,
I will rejoice in his salvation. 
10 All my bones will say, "Who is like you?
Who can rescue the weak from those stronger than they,
the poor and needy from those who exploit them?" 
11 Malicious witnesses come forward,
asking me things about which I know nothing. 
12 They repay me evil for good;
it makes me feel desolate as a parent bereaved. 
13 But I, when they were ill, wore sackcloth;
I put myself out and fasted;
I can pray that what I prayed for them might also happen to me. 
14 I behaved as I would for my friend or my brother;
I bent down in sorrow as if mourning my mother. 
15 But when I stumble, they gather in glee;
they gather against me and strike me unawares;
they tear me apart unceasingly. 
16 With ungodly mocking and grimacing,
they grind their teeth at me. 
17 Adonai, how much longer will you look on?
Rescue me from their assaults, save the one life I have from the lions! 
18 I will give you thanks in the great assembly,
I will give you praise among huge crowds of people.
19 Don't let those who are wrongfully my enemies gloat over me;
and those who hate me unprovoked -don't let them smirk at me. 
20 For they don't speak words of peace but devise ways
to deceive the peaceful of the land. 
21 They shout to accuse me,
"Aha! Aha! we saw you with our own eyes!" 
22 You saw them, ADONAI;
don't stay silent.
Adonai, don't stay far away from me. 
23 Wake up! Get up, my God, my Lord!
Defend me and my cause! 
24 Give judgment for me, ADONAI, my God,
as your righteousness demands.
Don't let them gloat over me. 
25 Don't let them say to themselves,
"Aha! We got what we wanted!"
or say, "We swallowed them up!" 
26 May those who gloat over my distress be disgraced and humiliated.
May those who aggrandize themselves at my expense be covered
with shame and confusion. 
27  But may those who delight in my righteousness
shout for joy and be glad!
Let them say always, "How great is ADONAI,
who delights in the peace of his servant!
"Then my tongue will tell of your righteousness
and praise you all day long.


PSALMS: 65

1 For the leader. A psalm of David.
A song: To you, God, in Tziyon, silence is praise;
and vows to you are to be fulfilled. 
2 You who listen to prayer,
to you all living creatures come. 
3 When deeds of wickedness overwhelm me,
you will atone for our crimes. 
4 How blessed are those you choose and bring near,
so that they can remain in your courtyards!
We will be satisfied with the goodness of your house,
the Holy Place of your temple. 
5 It is just that you answer us with awesome deeds,
God of our salvation, you in whom all put their trust,
to the ends of the earth and on distant seas. 
6 By your strength you set up the mountains.
You are clothed with power. 
7 You still the roaring of the seas,
their crashing waves, and the peoples' turmoil. 
8 This is why those living at the ends of the earth stand in awe of your signs.
The places where the sun rises and sets you cause to sing for joy. 
9 You care for the earth and water it, you enrich it greatly;
with the river of God, full of water,
you provide them grain and prepare the ground. 
10 Soaking its furrows and settling its soil,
you soften it with showers and bless its growth. 
11 You crown the year with your goodness,
your tracks overflow with richness. 
12The desert pastures drip water,
the hills are wrapped with joy, 
13 the meadows are clothed with flocks and the valleys blanketed with grain,
so they shout for joy and break into song.


PSALMS: 95

1 Come, let's sing to ADONAI!
Let's shout for joy to the Rock of our salvation! 
2 Let's come into his presence with thanksgiving;
let's shout for joy to him with songs of praise. 
3 For ADONAI is a great God,
a great king greater than all gods. 
4 He holds the depths of the earth in his hands;
the mountain peaks too belong to him. 
5 The sea is his - he made it -and
his hands shaped the dry land. 
6 Come, let's bow down and worship;
let's kneel before ADONAI who made us. 
7 For he is our God, and we are the people in his pasture, the sheep in his care.
If only today you would listen to his voice: 
8 "Don't harden your hearts, as you did at M'rivah,
as you did on that day at Massah in the desert, 
9 when your fathers put me to the test;
they challenged me, even though they saw my work. 
10 For forty years I loathed that generation;
I said, 'This is a people whose hearts go astray,
they don't understand how I do things.' 
11 Therefore I swore in my anger
that they would not enter my rest."


PSALMS: 125

1 A song of ascents:
Those who trust in ADONAI are like Mount Tziyon,
which cannot be moved but remains forever. 
2 Yerushalayim!
Mountains all around it!
Thus ADONAI is around his people henceforth and forever. 
3 For the scepter of wickedness will not rule the inheritance of the righteous,
so that the righteous will not themselves turn their hands to evil. 
4 Do good, ADONAI, to the good, to those upright in their hearts. 
5 But as for those who turn aside to their own crooked ways,
may ADONAI turn them away, along with those who do evil.
Shalom on Isra'el!


PROVERBS: 5

1 My son, pay attention to my wisdom;
incline your ear to my understanding; 
2 so that you will preserve discretion
and your lips keep watch over knowledge. 
3 For the lips of a woman who is a stranger drop honey,
her mouth is smoother than oil; 
4 but in the end she is as bitter as wormwood,
sharp as a double-edged sword.
5 Her feet go down to death, her steps lead straight to Sh'ol; 
6she doesn't walk the level path of life -her course wanders all over,
but she doesn't know it. 
7 So now, children, listen to me;
don't turn away from what I am saying: 
8 distance your way from her,
stay far from the door of her house; 
9 so that you won't give your vigor to others
and your years to someone who is cruel, 
10 so strangers won't be filled with your strength
and what you worked for go to a foreign house. 
11 Then, when your flesh and bones have shrunk,
at the end of your life, you would moan, 
12 "How I hated discipline!
My whole being despised reproof, 
13 I ignored what my teachers said,
I didn't listen to my instructors. 
14 I took part in almost every kind of evil,
and the whole community knew it." 
15 Drink the water from your own cistern,
fresh water from your own well. 
16 Let what your springs produce be dispersed outside,
streams of water flowing in the streets; 
17 but let them be for you alone
and not for strangers with you. 
18 Let your fountain, the wife of your youth, be blessed;
find joy in her 
19 a lovely deer, a graceful fawn;
let her breasts satisfy you at all times,
always be infatuated with her love. 
20 My son, why be infatuated with an unknown woman?
Why embrace the body of a loose woman? 
21 For ADONAI is watching a man's ways;
he surveys all his paths. 
22 A wicked person's own crimes will trap him,
he will be held fast by the ropes of his sin. 
23 He will die from lack of discipline;
the magnitude of his folly will make him totter and fall.


OLD TESTAMENT: DANIEL 1:1 - 2:23

1:1 In the third year of the reign of Yehoiakim king of Yehudah came Nevukhadnetztzar king of Bavel to Yerushalayim, and besieged it. 2 The Lord gave Yehoiakim king of Yehudah into his hand, with part of the vessels of the house of God; and he carried them into the land of Shin`ar to the house of his god: and he brought the vessels into the treasure-house of his god. 3 The king spoke to Ashpenaz the master of his eunuchs, that he should bring in [certain] of the children of Yisra'el, even of the seed royal and of the nobles; 4 youths in whom was no blemish, but well-favored, and skillful in all wisdom, and endowed with knowledge, and understanding science, and such as had ability to stand in the king's palace; and that he should teach them the learning and the language of the Kasdim. 5 The king appointed for them a daily portion of the king's dainties, and of the wine which he drank, and that they should be nourished three years; that at the end of it they should stand before the king. 6 Now among these were, of the children of Yehudah, Daniyel, Hananyah, Misha'el, and `Azaryah. 7  The prince of the eunuchs gave names to them: to Daniyel he gave [the name of] Belteshatztzar; and to Hananyah, [of] Shadrakh; and to Misha'el, [of] Meshakh; and to `Azaryah, [of] `Aved-Nego. 8 But Daniyel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the king's dainties, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself. 9 Now God made Daniyel to find kindness and compassion in the sight of the prince of the eunuchs. 10 The prince of the eunuchs said to Daniyel, I fear my lord the king, who has appointed your food and your drink: for why should he see your faces worse looking than the youths who are of your own age? so would you endanger my head with the king. 11 Then said Daniyel to the steward whom the prince of the eunuchs had appointed over Daniyel, Hananyah, Misha'el, and `Azaryah: 12 Prove your servants, I beg you, ten days; and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink. 13 Then let our faces be looked on before you, and the face of the youths who eat of the king's dainties; and as you see, deal with your servants. 14 So he listened to them in this matter, and proved them ten days. 15 At the end of ten days their faces appeared fairer, and they were fatter in flesh, than all the youths who ate of the king's dainties. 16 So the steward took away their dainties, and the wine that they should drink, and gave them pulse. 17 Now as for these four youths, God gave them knowledge and skill in all learning and wisdom: and Daniyel had understanding in all visions and dreams. 18 At the end of the days which the king had appointed for bringing them in, the prince of the eunuchs brought them in before Nevukhadnetztzar. 19 The king talked with them; and among them all was found none like Daniyel, Hananyah, Misha'el, and `Azaryah: therefore stood they before the king. 20 In every matter of wisdom and understanding, concerning which the king inquired of them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and enchanters who were in all his realm. 21 Daniyel continued even to the first year of king Koresh.

2:1 In the second year of the reign of Nevukhadnetztzar, Nevukhadnetztzar dreamed dreams; and his spirit was troubled, and his sleep went from him. 2 Then the king commanded to call the magicians, and the enchanters, and the sorcerers, and the Kasdim, to tell the king his dreams. So they came in and stood before the king. 3 The king said to them, I have dreamed a dream, and my spirit is troubled to know the dream. 4 Then spoke the Kasdim to the king in the Arammian language, O king, live forever: tell your servants the dream, and we will show the interpretation. 5 The king answered the Kasdim, The thing is gone from me: if you don't make known to me the dream and the interpretation of it, you shall be cut in pieces, and your houses shall be made a dunghill. 6 But if you show the dream and the interpretation of it, you shall receive of me gifts and rewards and great honor: therefore show me the dream and the interpretation of it. 7  They answered the second time and said, Let the king tell his servants the dream, and we will show the interpretation. 8 The king answered, I know of a certainty that you would gain time, because you see the thing is gone from me. 9 But if you don't make known to me the dream, there is but one law for you; for you have prepared lying and corrupt words to speak before me, until the time be changed: therefore tell me the dream, and I shall know that you can show me the interpretation of it. 10 The Kasdim answered before the king, and said, There is not a man on the eretz who can show the king's matter, because no king, lord, or ruler, has asked such a thing of any magician, or enchanter, or Kasdai. 11 It is a rare thing that the king requires, and there is no other who can show it before the king, except the gods, whose dwelling is not with flesh. 12 For this cause the king was angry and very furious, and commanded to destroy all the wise men of Bavel. 13 So the decree went forth, and the wise men were to be slain; and they sought Daniyel and his companions to be slain. 14 Then Daniyel returned answer with counsel and prudence to Aryokh the captain of the king's guard, who was gone forth to kill the wise men of Bavel; 15 he answered Aryokh the king's captain, Why is the decree so urgent from the king? Then Aryokh made the thing known to Daniyel. 16 Daniyel went in, and desired of the king that he would appoint him a time, and he would show the king the interpretation. 17 Then Daniyel went to his house, and made the thing known to Hananyah, Misha'el, and `Azaryah, his companions: 18 that they would desire mercies of the God of heaven concerning this secret; that Daniyel and his companions should nor perish with the rest of the wise men of Bavel. 19 Then was the secret revealed to Daniyel in a vision of the night. Then Daniyel blessed the God of heaven. 20 Daniyel answered, Blessed be the name of God forever and ever; for wisdom and might are his. 21 He changes the times and the seasons; he removes kings, and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise, and knowledge to those who have understanding; 22 he reveals the deep and secret things; he knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with him. 23 I thank you, and praise you, you God of my fathers, who have given me wisdom and might, and have now made known to me what we desired of you; for you have made known to us the king's matter.


NEW TESTAMENT: 1 PETER 3:8 - 4:6

3:8 Finally, be all like-minded, compassionate, loving as brothers, tenderhearted, courteous, 9 not rendering evil for evil, or reviling for reviling; but instead blessing; knowing that to this were you called, that you may inherit a blessing. 10 For, "He who would love life, And see good days, Let him keep his tongue from evil, And his lips from speaking deceit. 11 Let him turn away from evil, and do good. Let him seek shalom, and pursue it. 12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, And his ears open to their prayer; But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil." 13 Now who is he who will harm you, if you become imitators of that which is good? 14 But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you are blessed. "Don't fear what they fear, neither be troubled." 15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and always be ready to give an answer to everyone who asks you a reason concerning the hope that is in you, with humility and fear: 16 having a good conscience; that, while you are spoken against as evildoers, they may be put to shame who revile your good manner of life in Messiah. 17 For it is better, if the will of God should so will, that you suffer for doing well than for doing evil. 18 Because Messiah also suffered for sins once, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring you to God; being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit; 19 in which he also went and preached to the spirits in prison, 20 who before were disobedient, when the longsuffering of God waited patiently in the days of Noach, while the teivah was being built. In it, few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water. 21 This is a symbol of immersion, which now saves you - not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God, through the resurrection of Yeshua the Messiah, 22 who is at the right hand of God, having gone into heaven, angels and authorities and powers being made subject to him.

4:1 Forasmuch then as Messiah suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind; for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin; 2 that you no longer should live the rest of your time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God. 3 For we have spent enough of our past time living in doing the desire of the Goyim, and to have walked in lasciviousness, lusts, drunken binges, orgies, carousings, and abominable idolatries. 4 They think it is strange that you don't run with them into the same excess of riot, blaspheming: 5 who will give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. 6 For to this end was the Good News preached even to the dead, that they might be judged indeed as men in the flesh, but live as to God in the spirit.

 John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment