Wednesday, February 10, 2021

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - February 10 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 










FEBRUARY 10



PSALMS: 10, 40, 70, 100, 130


PROVERBS: 10


OLD TESTAMENT: JUDGES 15:1 - 16:31


NEW TESTAMENT: JOHN 2:1 - 25



PSALMS: 10


1 Why do you stand far off, LORD?

Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble? 

2 In arrogance, the wicked hunt down the weak;

They are caught in the schemes that they devise. 

3 For the wicked boasts of his heart's cravings,

He blesses the greedy, and condemns the LORD. 

4 The wicked, in the pride of his face,

Has no room in his thoughts for God. 

5 His ways are prosperous at all times;

He is haughty, and your laws are far from his sight:

As for all his adversaries, he sneers at them. 

6 He says in his heart, "I shall not be shaken;

For generations I shall have no trouble." 

7  His mouth is full of cursing, deceit, and oppression.

Under his tongue is mischief and iniquity. 

8 He lies in wait near the villages.

From ambushes, he murders the innocent.

His eyes are secretly set against the helpless.

9 He lurks in secret as a lion in his ambush.

He lies in wait to catch the helpless.

He catches the helpless, when he draws him in his net.

10 The helpless are crushed, they collapse,

They fall under his strength. 

11 He says in his heart, "God has forgotten.

He hides his face. He will never see it." 

12 Arise, LORD! God, lift up your hand!

Don't forget the helpless. 

13 Why does the wicked condemn God,

And say in his heart, "God won't call me into account?" 

14 But you do see trouble and grief;

You consider it to take it into your hand.

You help the victim and the fatherless. 

15 Break the arm of the wicked.

As for the evil man, seek out his wickedness until you find none. 

16 The LORD is King forever and ever!

The nations will perish out of his land. 

17 LORD, you have heard the desire of the humble.

You will prepare their heart.

You will cause your ear to hear, 

18 To judge the fatherless and the oppressed,

That man who is of the eretz may terrify no more.



PSALMS: 40


1 I waited patiently for the LORD.

He turned to me, and heard my cry. 

2 He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay.

He set my feet on a rock, and gave me a firm place to stand. 

3 He has put a new song in my mouth, even praise to our God.

Many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. 

4 Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust,

And doesn't respect the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies. 

5 Many, LORD, my God, are the wonderful works which you have done,

And your thoughts which are toward us.

They can't be set in order to you;

If I would declare and speak of them,

they are more than can be numbered. 

6 Sacrifice and offering you didn't desire.

My ears have you opened:

Burnt offering and sin offering have you not required. 

7 Then I said, "Behold, I have come.

It is written about me in the book in the scroll.

8 I delight to do your will, my God.

Yes, your law is within my heart."

9 I have proclaimed glad news of righteousness in the great assembly.

Behold, I will not seal my lips, LORD, you know. 

10 I have not hidden your righteousness within my heart.

I have declared your faithfulness and your salvation.

I have not concealed your loving kindness and your truth from the great assembly. 

11 Don't withhold your tender mercies from me, LORD.

Let your loving kindness and your truth continually preserve me. 

12 For innumerable evils have surrounded me.

My iniquities have overtaken me,

so that I am not able to look up.

They are more than the hairs of my head.

My heart has failed me. 

13 Be pleased, LORD, to deliver me.

Hurry to help me, LORD. 

14 Let them be put to shame and confounded together

who seek after my soul to destroy it.

Let them be turned backward and

brought to dishonor who delight in my hurt. 

15 Let them be desolate by reason of their shame that tell me, "Aha! Aha!"

16 Let all those who seek you rejoice and be glad in you.

Let such as love your salvation say continually,

"Let the LORD be exalted!"

17 But I am poor and needy;

May the Lord think about me.

You are my help and my deliverer.

Don't delay, my God.



PSALMS: 70


1 Hurry, God, to deliver me.

Come quickly to help me, LORD.

2 Let them be put to shame and confounded who seek my soul.

Let those who desire my ruin be turned back in disgrace. 

3 Let them be turned because of their shame

Who say, "Aha! Aha!" 

4 Let all those who seek you rejoice and be glad in you.

Let those who love your yeshu`ah continually say,

"Let God be exalted!" 

5 But I am poor and needy.

Come to me quickly, God.

You are my help and my deliverer,

LORD, don't delay.



PSALMS: 100


1 Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all you lands! 

2 Serve the LORD with gladness.

Come before his presence with singing. 

3 Know that the LORD, he is God.

It is he who has made us, and we are his.

We are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. 

4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving,

Into his courts with praise.

Give thanks to him, and bless his name. 

5 For the LORD is good.

His loving kindness endures forever,

His faithfulness to all generations.



PSALMS: 130


1 Out of the depths I have cried to you, LORD. 

2 Lord, hear my voice.

Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my petitions. 

3 If you, the LORD, kept a record of sins,

Lord, who could stand? 

4 But there is forgiveness with you,

Therefore you are feared. 

5 I wait for the LORD.

My soul waits.

I hope in his word. 

6 My soul longs for the Lord more than watchmen long for the morning;

More than watchmen for the morning. 

7 Yisra'el, hope in the LORD,

For with the LORD there is loving kindness.

With him is abundant redemption. 

8 He will redeem Yisra'el from all their sins.



PROVERBS: 10


1 The proverbs of Shlomo.

A wise son makes a glad father;

But a foolish son brings grief to his mother. 

2 Treasures of wickedness profit nothing,

But righteousness delivers from death. 

3 The LORD will not allow the soul of the righteous to go hungry,

But he thrusts away the desire of the wicked. 

4 He becomes poor who works with a lazy hand,

But the hand of the diligent brings wealth. 

5 He who gathers in summer is a wise son,

But he who sleeps during the harvest is a son who causes shame. 

6 Blessings are on the head of the righteous,

But violence covers the mouth of the wicked. 

7 The memory of the righteous is blessed,

But the name of the wicked will rot. 

8 The wise in heart accept mitzvot,

But a chattering fool will fall.

9 He who walks blamelessly walks surely,

But he who perverts his ways will be found out. 

10 One winking with the eye causes sorrow,

But a chattering fool will fall. 

11 The mouth of the righteous is a spring of life,

But violence covers the mouth of the wicked. 

12Hatred stirs up strife,

But love covers all wrongs. 

13 Wisdom is found on the lips of him who has discernment,

But a rod is for the back of him who is void of understanding. 

14 Wise men lay up knowledge,

But the mouth of the foolish is near ruin. 

15 The rich man's wealth is his strong city.

The destruction of the poor is their poverty. 

16 The labor of the righteous leads to life.

The increase of the wicked leads to sin. 

17  He is in the way of life who heeds correction,

But he who forsakes reproof leads others astray. 

18 He who hides hatred has lying lips.

He who utters a slander is a fool. 

19 In the multitude of words there is no lack of disobedience,

But he who restrains his lips does wisely. 

20 The tongue of the righteous is like choice silver.

The heart of the wicked is of little worth. 

21 The lips of the righteous feed many,

But the foolish die for lack of understanding.

22 The blessing of the LORD brings wealth,

And he adds no trouble to it. 

23 It is a fool's pleasure to do wickedness,

But wisdom is a man of understanding's pleasure. 

24 What the wicked fear, will overtake them,

But the desire of the righteous will be granted. 

25 When the whirlwind passes, the wicked is no more;

But the righteous is an everlasting foundation. 

26 As vinegar to the teeth, and as smoke to the eyes,

So is the sluggard to those who send him. 

27 The fear of the LORD prolongs days,

But the years of the wicked shall be shortened. 

28 The prospect of the righteous is joy,

But the hope of the wicked will perish. 

29 The way of the LORD is a stronghold to the upright,

But it is a destruction to the workers of iniquity. 

30 The righteous will never be removed,

But the wicked will not dwell in the land. 

31 The mouth of the righteous brings forth wisdom,

But the perverse tongue will be cut off. 

32 The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable,

But the mouth of the wicked is perverse.



OLD TESTAMENT: JUDGES 15:1 - 16:31


15:1 But it happened after a while, in the time of wheat harvest, that Shimshon visited his wife with a kid; and he said, I will go in to my wife into the chamber. But her father wouldn't allow him to go in. 2 Her father said, I most assuredly thought that you had utterly hated her; therefore I gave her to your companion: isn't her younger sister more beautiful than she? Please take her, instead. 3 Shimshon said to them, This time shall I be blameless in regard of the Pelishtim, when I do them a mischief. 4 Shimshon went and caught three hundred foxes, and took firebrands, and turned tail to tail, and put a firebrand in the midst between every two tails. 5 When he had set the brands on fire, he let them go into the standing grain of the Pelishtim, and burnt up both the shocks and the standing grain, and also the olive groves. 6 Then the Pelishtim said, Who has done this? They said, Shimshon, the son-in-law of the Timni, because he has taken his wife, and given her to his companion. The Pelishtim came up, and burnt her and her father with fire. 7 Shimshon said to them, If you do after this manner, surely I will be avenged of you, and after that I will cease. 8 He struck them hip and thigh with a great slaughter: and he went down and lived in the cleft of the rock of `Etam. 9 Then the Pelishtim went up, and encamped in Yehudah, and spread themselves in Lechi. 10 The men of Yehudah said, Why are you come up against us? They said, To bind Shimshon are we come up, to do to him as he has done to us. 11 Then three thousand men of Yehudah went down to the cleft of the rock of `Etam, and said to Shimshon, "Don't you know that the Pelishtim are rulers over us? What then is this that you have done to us?" He said to them, As they did to me, so have I done to them. 12 They said to him, We have come down to bind you, that we may deliver you into the hand of the Pelishtim. Shimshon said to them, Swear to me that you will not fall on me yourselves. 13 They spoke to him, saying, No; but we will bind you fast, and deliver you into their hand: but surely we will not kill you. They bound him with two new ropes, and brought him up from the rock. 14 When he came to Lechi, the Pelishtim shouted as they met him: and the Spirit of the LORD came mightily on him, and the ropes that were on his arms became as flax that was burnt with fire, and his bands dropped from off his hands. 15 He found a fresh jawbone of a donkey, and put forth his hand, and took it, and struck a thousand men therewith. 16 Shimshon said, With the jawbone of a donkey, heaps on heaps, With the jawbone of a donkey I have struck a thousand men. 17 It happened, when he had made an end of speaking, that he cast away the jawbone out of his hand; and that place was called Ramat-Lechi. 18 He was very thirsty, and called on the LORD, and said, You have given this great deliverance by the hand of your servant; and now shall I die for thirst, and fall into the hand of the uncircumcised. 19 But God split the hollow place that is in Lechi, and water came out of it. When he had drunk, his spirit came again, and he revived: therefore the name of it was called En-hakkore, which is in Lechi, to this day. 20 He judged Yisra'el in the days of the Pelishtim twenty years.


16:1 Shimshon went to `Aza, and saw there a prostitute, and went in to her. 2 [It was told] the `Azati, saying, Shimshon is come here. They compassed him in, and laid wait for him all night in the gate of the city, and were quiet all the night, saying, [Let be] until morning light, then we will kill him. 3 Shimshon lay until midnight, and arose at midnight, and laid hold of the doors of the gate of the city, and the two posts, and plucked them up, bar and all, and put them on his shoulders, and carried them up to the top of the mountain that is before Hevron. 4 It came to pass afterward, that he loved a woman in the valley of Sorek, whose name was Delilah. 5 The lords of the Pelishtim came up to her, and said to her, Entice him, and see in which his great strength lies, and by what means we may prevail against him, that we may bind him to afflict him: and we will each give you of us eleven hundred [pieces] of silver. 6 Delilah said to Shimshon, Tell me, Please, in which your great strength lies, and with which you might be bound to afflict you. 7 Shimshon said to her, If they bind me with seven green cords that were never dried, then shall I become weak, and be as another man. 8 Then the lords of the Pelishtim brought up to her seven green cords which had not been dried, and she bound him with them. 9 Now she had liers-in-wait abiding in the inner chamber. She said to him, The Pelishtim are on you, Shimshon. He broke the cords, as a string of tow is broken when it touches the fire. So his strength was not known. 10 Delilah said to Shimshon, Behold, you have mocked me, and told me lies: now tell me, Please, with which you might be bound. 11 He said to her, If they only bind me with new ropes with which no work has been done, then shall I become weak, and be as another man. 12 So Delilah took new ropes, and bound him therewith, and said to him, The Pelishtim are on you, Shimshon. The liers-in-wait were abiding in the inner chamber. He broke them off his arms like a thread. 13 Delilah said to Shimshon, Hitherto you have mocked me, and told me lies: tell me with which you might be bound. He said to her, If you weave the seven locks of my head with the web. 14 She fastened it with the pin, and said to him, The Pelishtim are on you, Shimshon. He awakened out of his sleep, and plucked away the pin of the beam, and the web. 15 She said to him, How can you say, I love you, when your heart is not with me? you have mocked me these three times, and have not told me in which your great strength lies. 16 It happened, when she pressed him daily with her words, and urged him, that his soul was vexed to death. 17 He told her all his heart, and said to her, "No razor has ever come on my head; for I have been a Nazir to God from my mother's womb. If I am shaved, then my strength will go from me, and I will become weak, and be like any other man." 18 When Delilah saw that he had told her all his heart, she sent and called for the lords of the Pelishtim, saying, Come up this once, for he has told me all his heart. Then the lords of the Pelishtim came up to her, and brought the money in their hand. 19 She made him sleep on her knees; and she called for a man, and shaved off the seven locks of his head; and she began to afflict him, and his strength went from him. 20 She said, The Pelishtim are on you, Shimshon. He awoke out of his sleep, and said, I will go out as at other times, and shake myself free. But he didn't know that the LORD had departed from him. 21 The Pelishtim laid hold on him, and put out his eyes; and they brought him down to `Aza, and bound him with fetters of brass; and he did grind in the prison-house. 22 However the hair of his head began to grow again after he was shaved. 23 The lords of the Pelishtim gathered them together to offer a great sacrifice to Dagon their god, and to rejoice; for they said, Our god has delivered Shimshon our enemy into our hand. 24 When the people saw him, they praised their god; for they said, Our god has delivered into our hand our enemy, and the destroyer of our country, who has slain many of us. 25 It happened, when their hearts were merry, that they said, Call for Shimshon, that he may make us sport. They called for Shimshon out of the prison-house; and he made sport before them. They set him between the pillars: 26 and Shimshon said to the boy who held him by the hand, Allow me that I may feel the pillars whereupon the house rests, that I may lean on them. 27 Now the house was full of men and women; and all the lords of the Pelishtim were there; and there were on the roof about three thousand men and women, who saw while Shimshon made sport. 28 Shimshon called to the LORD, and said, Lord GOD, remember me, Please, and strengthen me, Please, only this once, God, that I may be at once avenged of the Pelishtim for my two eyes. 29 Shimshon took hold of the two middle pillars on which the house rested, and leaned on them, the one with his right hand, and the other with his left. 30 Shimshon said, Let me die with the Pelishtim. He bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell on the lords, and on all the people who were therein. So the dead that he killed at his death were more than those who he killed in his life. 31 Then his brothers and all the house of his father came down, and took him, and brought him up, and buried him between Tzor`ah and Eshta'ol in the burying-place of Manoach his father. He judged Yisra'el twenty years.



NEW TESTAMENT: JOHN 2:1 - 25


2:1 The third day, there was a marriage in Kanah of the Galil. Yeshua' mother was there. 

2 Yeshua also was invited, with his talmidim, to the marriage. 

3 When the wine ran out, Yeshua' mother said to him, "They have no wine." 

4 Yeshua said to her, "Woman, what does that have to do with you and me? My hour has not yet come." 

5 His mother said to the servants, "Whatever he says to you, do it." 

6 Now there were six water pots of stone set there after the Yehudim' manner of purifying, containing two or three metretes apiece. 

7  Yeshua said to them, "Fill the water pots with water." They filled them up to the brim. 

8 He said to them, "Now draw some out, and take it to the ruler of the feast." They took it. 

9 When the ruler of the feast tasted the water now become wine, and didn't know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the ruler of the feast called the bridegroom, 

10 and said to him, "Everyone serves the good wine first, and when the guests have drunk freely, then that which is worse. You have kept the good wine until now!" 

11 This beginning of his signs Yeshua did in Kanah of the Galil, and revealed his glory; and his talmidim believed in him. 

12 After this, he went down to Kafar-Nachum, he, and his mother, his brothers, and his talmidim; and there they stayed not many days. 

13 The Pesach of the Yehudim was at hand, and Yeshua went up to Yerushalayim. 

14 He found in the temple those who sold oxen, sheep, and doves, and the changers of money sitting. 

15 He made a whip of cords, and threw all out of the temple, both the sheep and the oxen; and he poured out the changers' money, and overthrew their tables. 

16 To those who sold the doves, he said, "Take these things out of here! Don't make my Father's house a marketplace!" 

17 His talmidim remembered that it was written, "Zeal for your house will eat me up."

18 The Yehudim therefore answered him, "What sign do you show to us, seeing that you do these things?" 

19 Yeshua answered them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." 

20 The Yehudim therefore said, "Forty-six years was this temple in building, and will you raise it up in three days?" 

21 But he spoke of the temple of his body. 

22 When therefore he was raised from the dead, his talmidim remembered that he said this, and they believed the Scripture, and the word which Yeshua had said. 

23 Now when he was in Yerushalayim at the Pesach, during the feast, many believed in his name, observing his signs which he did. 

24 But Yeshua didn't trust himself to them, because he knew everyone, 

25 and because he didn't need for anyone to testify concerning man; for he himself knew what was in man.


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment