Friday, February 25, 2022

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation – February 25 – Full Text – Shabbat Shalom!

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 















FEBRUARY 25


PSALMS: 25, 55, 85, 115, 145


PROVERBS: 25


OLD TESTAMENT: 1 SAMUEL 20:1 - 21:15


NEW TESTAMENT: JOHN 9:1 - 41



PSALMS: 25


1 To you, LORD, do I lift up my soul. 

2 My God, in you have I trusted,

Let me not be put to shame.

Don't let my enemies triumph over me. 

3 Yes, no one who waits for you shall be put to shame.

They shall be put to shame who deal treacherously without cause. 

4 Show me your ways, LORD.

Teach me your paths. 

5 Guide me in your truth, and teach me,

For you are the God of my salvation,

I wait for you all day long. 

6 LORD, remember your tender mercies and your loving kindness,

For they are from old times. 

7 Don't remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions.

Remember me according to your loving kindness,

For your goodness' sake, LORD. 

8 Good and upright is the LORD,

Therefore he will instruct sinners in the way.

9 He will guide the humble in justice.

He will teach the humble his way. 

10 All the paths of the LORD are loving kindness and truth

To such as keep his covenant and his testimonies. 

11 For your name's sake, LORD,

Pardon my iniquity, for it is great. 

12 What man is he who fears the LORD?

He shall instruct him in the way that he shall choose. 

13 His soul shall dwell at ease.

His seed shall inherit the land. 

14 The friendship of the LORD is with those who fear him.

He will show them his covenant. 

15 My eyes are ever on the LORD,

For he will pluck my feet out of the net. 

16 Turn to me, and have mercy on me,

For I am desolate and afflicted. 

17  The troubles of my heart are enlarged.

Oh bring me out of my distresses. 

18 Consider my affliction and my travail.

Forgive all my sins. 

19 Consider my enemies, for they are many.

They hate me with cruel hatred. 

20 Oh keep my soul, and deliver me.

Let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you. 

21 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me,

For I wait for you. 

22 Redeem Yisra'el, God,

Out all of his troubles.



PSALMS: 55


1 Listen to my prayer, God.

Don't hide yourself from my supplication. 

2 Attend to me, and answer me.

I am restless in my complaint, and moan, 

3 Because of the voice of the enemy,

Because of the oppression of the wicked.

For they bring suffering on me.

In anger they hold a grudge against me. 

4 My heart is severely pained within me.

The terrors of death have fallen on me. 

5 Fearfulness and trembling have come on me.

Horror has overwhelmed me. 

6 I said, "Oh that I had wings like a dove!

Then I would fly away, and be at rest. 

7 Behold, then I would wander far off.

I would lodge in the wilderness."

Selah. 

8 "I would hurry to a shelter from the stormy wind and tempest." 

9 Confuse them, Lord, and confound their language,

For I have seen violence and strife in the city. 

10 Day and night they prowl around on its walls.

Malice and abuse are also within her. 

11 Destructive forces are within her.

Threats and lies don't depart from her streets. 

12 For it was not an enemy who insulted me,

Then I could have endured it.

Neither was it he who hated me who raised himself up against me,

Then I would have hid myself from him. 

13 But it was you, a man like me,

My companion, and my familiar friend. 

14 We took sweet fellowship together.

We walked in God's house with the throng. 

15 Let death come suddenly on them.

Let them go down alive into She'ol.

For wickedness is in their dwelling, in the midst of them. 

16 As for me, I will call on God.

The LORD will save me. 

17 Evening, morning, and at noon, I will cry out in distress.

He will hear my voice. 

18 He has redeemed my soul in shalom from the battle that was against me,

Although there are many who oppose me. 

19 God, who is enthroned forever,

Will hear, and answer them.

Selah.

They never change,

Who don't fear God. 

20 He raises his hands against his friends.

He has violated his covenant. 

21 His mouth was smooth as butter,

But his heart was war.

His words were softer than oil,

Yet they were drawn swords. 

22 Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you.

He will never allow the righteous to be moved. 

23 But you, God, will bring them down into the pit of destruction.

Bloodthirsty and deceitful men shall not live out half their days,

But I will trust in you.



PSALMS: 85


1 LORD, you have been favorable to your land.

You have restored the fortunes of Ya`akov. 

2 You have forgiven the iniquity of your people.

You have covered all their sin.

Selah. 

3 You have taken away all your wrath.

You have turned from the fierceness of your anger. 

4 Turn us, God of our salvation,

And cause your indignation toward us to cease. 

5 Will you be angry with us forever?

Will you draw out your anger to all generations? 

6 Won't you revive us again,

That your people may rejoice in you? 

7 Show us your loving kindness, LORD.

Grant us your salvation. 

8 I will hear what God, the LORD, will speak,

For he will speak shalom to his people, his holy ones;

But let them not turn again to folly. 

9 Surely his salvation is near those who fear him,

That glory may dwell in our land.

10 Mercy and truth meet together.

Righteousness and shalom have kissed each other. 

11 Truth springs out of the eretz.

Righteousness has looked down from heaven. 

12 Yes, the LORD will give that which is good.

Our land will yield its increase. 

13 Righteousness goes before him,

And prepares the way for his steps.



PSALMS: 115


1 Not to us, LORD, not to us,

But to your name give glory,

For your loving kindness, and for your truth's sake. 

2 Why should the nations say,

"Where is their God, now?" 

3 But our God is in the heavens.

He does whatever he pleases. 

4 Their idols are silver and gold,

The work of men's hands. 

5 They have mouths, but they don't speak;

They have eyes, but they don't see; 

6 They have ears, but they don't hear;

They have noses, but they don't smell; 

7  They have hands, but they don't feel;

They have feet, but they don't walk;

Neither do they speak through their throat. 

8 Those who make them will be like them;

Yes, everyone who trusts in them. 

9 Yisra'el, trust in the LORD!

He is their help and their shield. 

10 House of Aharon, trust in the LORD!

He is their help and their shield. 

11 You who fear the LORD, trust in the LORD!

He is their help and their shield. 

12 The LORD remembers us.

He will bless us. 4

He will bless the house of Yisra'el.

He will bless the house of Aharon. 

13 He will bless those who fear the LORD,

Both small and great. 

14 May the LORD increase you more and more,

You and your children. 

15 Blessed are you by the LORD,

Who made heaven and eretz. 

16 The heavens are the heavens of the LORD;

But the eretz has he given to the children of men. 

17  The dead don't praise the LORD,

Neither any who go down into silence; 

18 But we will bless the LORD,

From this time forth and forevermore.

Praise the LORD!



PSALMS: 145


1 I will exalt you, my God, the King.

I will praise your name forever and ever. 

2 Every day I will praise you.

I will extol your name forever and ever. 

3 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised!

His greatness is unsearchable. 

4 One generation will commend your works to another,

And will declare your mighty acts. 

5 Of the glorious majesty of your honor,

Of your wondrous works, I will meditate. 

6 Men will speak of the might of your awesome acts.

I will declare your greatness. 

7 They will utter the memory of your great goodness,

And will sing of your righteousness. 

8 The LORD is gracious, merciful,

Slow to anger, and of great loving kindness. 

9 The LORD is good to all.

His tender mercies are over all his works.

10 All your works will give thanks to you, LORD.

Your holy ones will extol you. 

11 They will speak of the glory of your kingdom,

And talk about your power; 

12 To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts,

The glory of the majesty of his kingdom. 

13 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom.

Your dominion endures throughout all generations. 

14 The LORD upholds all who fall,

And raises up all those who are bowed down. 

15 The eyes of all wait for you.

You give them their food in due season. 

16 You open your hand,

And satisfy the desire of every living thing. 

17  The LORD is righteous in all his ways,

And gracious in all his works. 

18 The LORD is near to all those who call on him,

To all who call on him in truth. 

19 He will fulfill the desire of those who fear him.

He also will hear their cry, and will save them. 

20 The LORD preserves all those who love him,

But all the wicked he will destroy. 

21 My mouth will speak the praise of the LORD.

Let all flesh bless his holy name forever and ever.



PROVERBS: 25


1 These also are proverbs of Shlomo,

which the men of Hizkiyahu king of Yehudah copied out. 

2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing,

But the glory of kings is to search out a matter. 

3 As the heavens for height, and the eretz for depth,

So the hearts of kings are unsearchable. 

4 Take away the dross from the silver,

And material comes out for the refiner; 

5 Take away the wicked from the king's presence,

And his throne will be established in righteousness. 

6 Don't exalt yourself in the presence of the king,

Or claim a place among great men; 

7 For it is better that it be said to you, "Come up here,

" Than that you should be put lower in the presence of the prince,

Whom your eyes have seen. 

8 Don't be hasty in bringing charges to court.

What will you do in the end when your neighbor shames you? 

9 Debate your case with your neighbor,

And don't betray the confidence of another; 

10 Lest one who hears it put you to shame,

And your bad reputation never depart. 

11 A word fitly spoken Is like apples of gold in settings of silver. 

12 As an ear-ring of gold, and an ornament of fine gold,

So is a wise reprover to an obedient ear. 

13 As the cold of snow in the time of harvest,

So is a faithful messenger to those who send him;

For he refreshes the soul of his masters. 

14 As clouds and wind without rain,

So is he who boasts of gifts deceptively. 

15 By patience a ruler is persuaded.

A soft tongue breaks the bone. 

16 Have you found honey?

Eat as much as is sufficient for you,

Lest you eat too much, and vomit it. 

17 Let your foot be seldom in your neighbor's house,

Lest he be weary of you, and hate you. 

18 A man who gives false testimony against his neighbor

Is like a club, a sword, or a sharp arrow. 

19 Confidence in someone unfaithful in time of trouble

Is like a bad tooth, or a lame foot. 

20 As one who takes away a garment in cold weather,

Or vinegar on soda, So is one who sings songs to a heavy heart. 

21 If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat;

If he is thirsty, give him water to drink: 

22 For you will heap coals of fire on his head,

And the LORD will reward you. 

23 The north wind brings forth rain:

So a backbiting tongue brings an angry face. 

24 It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop,

Than to share a house with a contentious woman. 

25 Like cold water to a thirsty soul,

So is good news from a far country. 

26 Like a muddied spring, and a polluted well,

So is a righteous man who gives way before the wicked. 

27 It is not good to eat much honey;

Nor is it honorable to seek ones own honor. 

28 Like a city that is broken down and without walls

Is a man whose spirit is without restraint.



OLD TESTAMENT: 1 SAMUEL 20:1 - 21:15


20:1 David fled from Nayot in Ramah, and came and said before Yonatan, What have I done? what is my iniquity? and what is my sin before your father, that he seeks my life? 2 He said to him, Far from it; you shall not die: behold, my father does nothing either great or small, but that he discloses it to me; and why should my father hide this thing from me? it is not so. 3 David swore moreover, and said, Your father knows well that I have found favor in your eyes; and he says, Don't let Yonatan know this, lest he be grieved: but truly as the LORD lives, and as your soul lives, there is but a step between me and death. 4 Then said Yonatan to David, Whatever your soul desires, I will even do it for you. 5 David said to Yonatan, Behold, tomorrow is the new moon, and I should not fail to sit with the king at meat: but let me go, that I may hide myself in the field to the third day at even. 6 If your father miss me at all, then say, David earnestly asked leave of me that he might run to Beit-Lechem his city; for it is the yearly sacrifice there for all the family. 7 If he say thus, It is well; your servant shall have shalom: but if he be angry, then know that evil is determined by him. 8 Therefore deal kindly with your servant; for you have brought your servant into a covenant of the LORD with you: but if there be in me iniquity, kill me yourself; for why should you bring me to your father? 9 Yonatan said, Far be it from you; for if I should at all know that evil were determined by my father to come on you, then wouldn't I tell you that? 10 Then said David to Yonatan, Who shall tell me if perchance your father answer you roughly? 11 Yonatan said to David, Come, and let us go out into the field. They went out both of them into the field. 12 Yonatan said to David, the LORD, the God of Yisra'el, [be witness]: when I have sounded my father about this time tomorrow, [or] the third day, behold, if there be good toward David, shall I not then send to you, and disclose it to you? 13 The LORD do so to Yonatan, and more also, should it please my father to do you evil, if I don't disclose it to you, and send you away, that you may go in shalom: and the LORD be with you, as he has been with my father. 14 You shall not only while yet I live show me the lovingkindness of the LORD, that I not die; 15 but also you shall not cut off your kindness from my house forever; no, not when the LORD has cut off the enemies of David everyone from the surface of the eretz. 16 So Yonatan made a covenant with the house of David, [saying], the LORD will require it at the hand of David's enemies. 17 Yonatan caused David to swear again, for the love that he had to him; for he loved him as he loved his own soul. 18 Then Yonatan said to him, Tomorrow is the new moon: and you will be missed, because your seat will be empty. 19 When you have stayed three days, you shall go down quickly, and come to the place where you did hide yourself when the business was in hand, and shall remain by the stone Ezel. 20 I will shoot three arrows on the side of it, as though I shot at a mark. 21 Behold, I will send the boy, [saying], Go, find the arrows. If I tell the boy, Behold, the arrows are on this side of you; take them, and come; for there is shalom to you and no hurt, as the LORD lives. 22 But if I say thus to the boy, Behold, the arrows are beyond you; go your way; for the LORD has sent you away. 23 As touching the matter which you and I have spoken of, behold, the LORD is between you and me forever. 24 So David hid himself in the field: and when the new moon was come, the king sat him down to eat food. 25 The king sat on his seat, as at other times, even on the seat by the wall; and Yonatan stood up, and Aviner sat by Sha'ul's side: but David's place was empty. 26 Nevertheless Sha'ul didn't say anything that day: for he thought, Something has befallen him, he is not clean; surely he is not clean. 27 It happened on the next day after the new moon, [which was] the second [day], that David's place was empty: and Sha'ul said to Yonatan his son, Why doesn't the son of Yishai come to meat, neither yesterday, nor today? 28 Yonatan answered Sha'ul, David earnestly asked leave of me to go to Beit-Lechem: 29 and he said, Please let me go, for our family has a sacrifice in the city; and my brother, he has commanded me [to be there]: and now, if I have found favor in your eyes, let me get away, I pray you, and see my brothers. Therefore he is not come to the king's table. 30 Then Sha'ul's anger was kindled against Yonatan, and he said to him, You son of a perverse rebellious woman, don't I know that you have chosen the son of Yishai to your own shame, and to the shame of your mother's nakedness? 31 For as long as the son of Yishai lives on the eretz, you shall not be established, nor your kingdom. Therefore now send and bring him to me, for he shall surely die. 32 Yonatan answered Sha'ul his father, and said to him, Why should he be put to death? what has he done? 33 Sha'ul cast his spear at him to strike him; whereby Yonatan knew that is was determined of his father to put David to death. 34 So Yonatan arose from the table in fierce anger, and ate no food the second day of the month; for he was grieved for David, because his father had done him shame. 35 It happened in the morning, that Yonatan went out into the field at the time appointed with David, and a little boy with him. 36 He said to his boy, Run, find now the arrows which I shoot. As the boy ran, he shot an arrow beyond him. 37  When the boy was come to the place of the arrow which Yonatan had shot, Yonatan cried after the boy, and said, Isn't the arrow beyond you? 38 Yonatan cried after the boy, Go fast! Hurry! Don't delay! Yonatan's boy gathered up the arrows, and came to his master. 39 But the boy didn't know anything: only Yonatan and David knew the matter. 40 Yonatan gave his weapons to his boy, and said to him, Go, carry them to the city. 41 As soon as the boy was gone, David arose out of [a place] toward the South, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himself three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, until David exceeded. 42 Yonatan said to David, Go in shalom, because we have sworn both of us in the name of the LORD, saying, the LORD shall be between me and you, and between my seed and your seed, forever. He arose and departed: and Yonatan went into the city.


21:1 Then came David to Nov to Achimelekh the Kohen: and Achimelekh came to meet David trembling, and said to him, Why are you alone, and no man with you? 2 David said to Achimelekh the Kohen, The king has commanded me a business, and has said to me, Let no man know anything of the business about which I send you, and what I have commanded you: and I have appointed the young men to such and such a place. 3 Now therefore what is under your hand? give me five loaves of bread in my hand, or whatever there is present. 4 The Kohen answered David, and said, There is no common bread under my hand, but there is holy bread; if only the young men have kept themselves from women. 5 David answered the Kohen, and said to him, Of a truth women have been kept from us about these three days; when I came out, the vessels of the young men were holy, though it was but a common journey; how much more then today shall their vessels be holy? 6 So the Kohen gave him holy [bread]; for there was no bread there but the show bread, that was taken from before the LORD, to put hot bread in the day when it was taken away. 7  Now a certain man of the servants of Sha'ul was there that day, detained before the LORD; and his name was Do'eg the Edomite, the best of the herdsmen who belonged to Sha'ul. 8 David said to Achimelekh, Isn't there here under your hand spear or sword? for I have neither brought my sword nor my weapons with me, because the king's business required haste. 9 The Kohen said, The sword of Golyat the Pelishti, whom you killed in the valley of Elah, behold, it is here wrapped in a cloth behind the efod: if you will take that, take it; for there is no other except that here. David said, There is none like that; give it me. 10 David arose, and fled that day for fear of Sha'ul, and went to Akhish the king of Gat. 11 The servants of Akhish said to him, "Isn't this David the king of the land? Didn't they sing one to another about him in dances, saying, 'Sha'ul has slain his thousands, David his ten thousands?'" 12 David laid up these words in his heart, and was very afraid of Akhish the king of Gat. 13 He changed his behavior before them, and feigned himself mad in their hands, and scrabbled on the doors of the gate, and let his spittle fall down on his beard. 14 Then said Akhish to his servants, Look, you see the man is mad; why then have you brought him to me? 15 Do I lack madmen, that you have brought this fellow to play the madman in my presence? shall this fellow come into my house?



NEW TESTAMENT: JOHN 9:1 - 41


9:1 As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. 

2 His talmidim asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" 

3 Yeshua answered, "Neither did this man sin, nor his parents. But, that the works of God might be revealed in him, 

4 I must work the works of him who sent me, while it is day. The night is coming, when no one can work. 

5 When I am in the world, I am the light of the world." 

6 When he had said this, he spat on the ground, made mud with the saliva, anointed the blind man's eyes with the mud, 

7  and said to him, "Go, wash in the pool of Shiloach" (which means "Sent"). So he went away, washed, and came seeing. 

8 The neighbors therefore, and those who saw that he was blind before, said, "Isn't this he who sat and begged?" 

9 Others said, "It is he." Still others said, "He is like him." He said, "I am he." 

10 They said therefore to him, "How were your eyes opened?" 

11 He answered, "A man called Yeshua made mud, anointed my eyes, and said to me, "Go to the pool of Shiloach, and wash." So I went away and washed, and I received sight." 

12 Then they asked him, "Where is he?" He said, "I don't know." 

13 They brought him who before was blind to the Perushim. 

14 It was a Shabbat when Yeshua made the mud and opened his eyes. 

15 Again therefore the Perushim also asked him how he received his sight. He said to them, "He put mud on my eyes, I washed, and I see." 

16 Some therefore of the Perushim said, "This man is not from God, because he doesn't keep the Shabbat." Others said, "How can a man who is a sinner do such signs?" There was division among them. 

17  Therefore they asked the blind man again, "What do you say about him, in that he opened your eyes?" He said, "He is a prophet." 

18 The Yehudim therefore did not believe concerning him, that he had been blind, and had received his sight, until they called the parents of him who had received his sight, 

19 and asked them, "Is this your son, who you say was born blind? How then does he now see?" 

20 His parents answered them, "We know that this is our son, and that he was born blind; 

21 but how he now sees, we don't know; or who opened his eyes, we don't know. He is of age. Ask him. He will speak for himself." 

22 His parents said these things because they feared the Yehudim; for the Yehudim had already agreed that if any man would confess him as Messiah, he would be put out of the synagogue. 

23 Therefore his parents said, "He is of age. Ask him." 

24 So they called the man who was blind a second time, and said to him, "Give glory to God. We know that this man is a sinner." 

25 He therefore answered, "I don't know if he is a sinner. One thing I know: that though I was blind, now I see." 

26 They said to him again, "What did he do to you? How did he open your eyes?"

27 He answered them, "I told you already, and you didn't listen. Why do you want to hear it again? Do you also want to become his talmidim?" 

28 They became abusive towards him and said, "You are his talmid, but we are talmidim of Moshe. 

29 We know that God has spoken to Moshe. But as for this man, we don't know where he comes from." 

30 The man answered them, "How amazing! You don't know where he comes from, yet he opened my eyes. 

31 We know that God doesn't listen to sinners, but if anyone is a worshipper of God, and does his will, he listens to him. 

32 Since the world began it has never been heard of that anyone opened the eyes of someone born blind. 

33 If this man were not from God, he could do nothing." 

34 They answered him, "You were altogether born in sins, and do you teach us?" They threw him out. 

35 Yeshua heard that they had thrown him out, and finding him, he said, "Do you believe in the Son of God?" 

36 He answered, "Who is he, Lord, that I may believe in him?" 

37 Yeshua said to him, "You have both seen him, and it is he who speaks with you." 

38 He said, "Lord, I believe!" and he worshiped him. 

39 Yeshua said, "I came into this world for judgment, that those who don't see may see; and that those who see may become blind." 

40 Those of the Perushim who were with him heard these things, and said to him, "Are we also blind?" 

41 Yeshua said to them, "If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, 'We see.' Therefore your sin remains.


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment