Thursday, April 13, 2023

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - April 12 - Full Text - Celebrate the Passover / Pesach!

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 















APRIL 12



PSALMS: 12, 42, 72, 102, 132


PROVERBS: 12


OLD TESTAMENT: 2 KINGS 20:1 - 22:1


NEW TESTAMENT: ACTS 21:18 - 36



PSALMS: 12


1 Help, LORD;

for the godly man ceases.

For the faithful fail from among the children of men. 

2 Everyone lies to his neighbor.

With flattering lips, and with a double heart, do they speak. 

3 May the LORD cut off all flattering lips,

And the tongue that boasts, 

4 Who have said, "With our tongue will we prevail.

Our lips are our own. Who is lord over us?" 

5 "Because of the oppression of the weak and because of the groaning of the needy,

I will now arise," says the LORD;

"I will set him in safety from those who malign him." 

6 The words of the LORD are flawless words,

As silver refined in a clay furnace, purified seven times. 

7 You will keep them, LORD,

You will preserve them from this generation forever. 

8 The wicked walk on every side,

When what is vile is exalted among the sons of men.



PSALMS: 42


1 As the deer pants for the water brooks,

So pants my soul after you, God. 

2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.

When shall I come and appear before God? 

3 My tears have been my food day and night,

While they continually ask me, "Where is your God?" 

4 These things I remember, and pour out my soul within me,

How I used to go with the crowd, and led them to the house of God,

With the voice of joy and praise, a multitude keeping a holy day. 

5 Why are you in despair, my soul?

Why are you disturbed within me?

Hope in God!

For I shall still praise him for the saving help of his presence. 

6 My God, my soul is in despair within me.

Therefore I remember you from the land of the Yarden,

The heights of Hermon, from the hill Mitz`ar. 

7 Deep calls to deep at the noise of your waterfalls.

All your waves and your billows have swept over me. 

8 The LORD will command his loving kindness in the daytime.

In the night his song shall be with me:

A prayer to the God of my life. 

9 I will ask God, my rock,

"Why have you forgotten me?

Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?" 

10 As with a sword in my bones, my adversaries reproach me,

While they continually ask me, "Where is your God?" 

11 Why are you in despair, my soul?

Why are you disturbed within me?

Hope in God!

For I shall still praise him,

The saving help of my countenance, and my God.



PSALMS: 72


1 God, give the king your justice;

Your righteousness to the royal son. 

2 He will judge your people with righteousness,

And your poor with justice. 

3 The mountains shall bring prosperity to the people;

The hills bring the fruit of righteousness. 

4 He will judge the poor of the people.

He will save the children of the needy,

And will break the oppressor in pieces. 

5 They shall fear you while the sun endures;

And as long as the moon, throughout all generations. 

6 He will come down like rain on the mown grass,

As showers that water the eretz. 

7 In his days, the righteous shall flourish,

And abundance of shalom, until the moon is no more. 

8 He shall have dominion also from sea to sea,

From the River to the ends of the eretz. 

9 Those who dwell in the wilderness shall bow before him.

His enemies shall lick the dust. 

10 The kings of Tarshish and of the isles will bring tribute.

The kings of Sheva and Seva shall offer gifts. 

11 Yes, all kings shall fall down before him.

All nations shall serve him. 

12 For he will deliver the needy when he cries;

The poor, who has no helper.

13 He will have pity on the poor and needy.

He will save the souls of the needy. 

14 He will redeem their soul from oppression and violence.

Their blood will be precious in his sight. 

15 They shall live, and to him shall be given of the gold of Sheva.

Men shall pray for him continually.

They shall bless him all day long. 

16 There shall be abundance of grain throughout the land.

Its fruit sways like Levanon.

Let it flourish, thriving like the grass of the field. 

17 His name endures forever.

His name continues as long as the sun.

Men shall be blessed by him.

All nations will call him blessed. 

18 Praise be to the LORD God, the God of Yisra'el,

Who alone does marvelous deeds.

19 Blessed be his glorious name forever!

Let the whole eretz be filled with his glory!

Amein and amein. 

20 This ends the prayers by David, the son of Yishai.



PSALMS: 102


1 Hear my prayer, LORD! Let my cry come to you. 

2 Don't hide your face from me in the day of my distress.

Turn your ear to me.

Answer me quickly in the day when I call. 

3 For my days consume away like smoke.

My bones are burned as a firebrand. 

4 My heart is blighted like grass, and withered,

For I forget to eat my bread. 

5 By reason of the voice of my groaning,

My bones stick to my skin. 

6 I am like a pelican of the wilderness.

I have become as an owl of the waste places. 

7 I watch, and have become like a sparrow that is alone on the housetop. 

8 My enemies reproach me all day.

Those who are mad at me use my name as a curse. 

9 For I have eaten ashes like bread,

And mixed my drink with tears, 

10 Because of your indignation and your wrath,

For you have taken me up, and thrown me away. 

11 My days are like a long shadow.

I have withered like grass. 

12 But you, LORD, will abide forever;

Your renown endures to all generations. 

13 You will arise and have mercy on Tziyon;

For it is time to have pity on her.

Yes, the set time has come. 

14 For your servants take pleasure in her stones,

And have pity on her dust. 

15 So the nations will fear the name of the LORD;

All the kings of the eretz your glory. 

16 For the LORD has built up Tziyon.

He has appeared in his glory. 

17 He has responded to the prayer of the destitute,

And has not despised their prayer. 

18 This will be written for the generation to come.

A people which will be created will praise the LORD. 

19 For he has looked down from the height of his sanctuary.

From heaven, the LORD saw the eretz; 

20 To hear the groans of the prisoner;

To free those who are condemned to death; 

21 That men may declare the name of the LORD in Tziyon,

And his praise in Yerushalayim; 

22 When the peoples are gathered together,

The kingdoms, to serve the LORD. 

23 He weakened my strength along the course.

He shortened my days. 

24 I said, "My God, don't take me away in the midst of my days.

Your years are throughout all generations. 

25 Of old, you laid the foundation of the eretz.

The heavens are the work of your hands. 

26 They will perish, but you will endure.

Yes, all of them will wear out like a garment.

You will change them like a cloak, and they will be changed. 

27 But you are the same.

Your years will have no end.

28 The children of your servants will continue.

Their seed will be established before you."



PSALMS: 132


1 LORD, remember David and all his affliction, 

2 How he swore to the LORD,

And vowed to the Mighty One of Ya`akov: 

3 "Surely I will not come into the structure of my house,

Nor go up into my bed; 

4 I will not give sleep to my eyes,

Or slumber to my eyelids;

5 Until I find out a place for the LORD,

A dwelling for the Mighty One of Ya`akov." 

6 Behold, we heard of it in Efratah.

We found it in the field of Ya`ar: 

7 "We will go into his dwelling place.

We will worship at his footstool. 

8 Arise, LORD, into your resting place;

You, and the ark of your strength. 

9 Let your Kohen be clothed with righteousness.

Let your holy ones shout for joy!" 

10 For your servant David's sake,

Don't turn away the face of your anointed one.

11 The LORD has sworn to David in truth.

He will not turn from it:

"I will set the fruit of your body on your throne. 

12 If your children will keep my covenant,

My testimony that I will teach them,

Their children also will sit on your throne forevermore." 

13 For the LORD has chosen Tziyon.

He has desired it for his habitation. 

14 "This is my resting place forever.

Here I will live, for I have desired it. 

15 I will abundantly bless her provision.

I will satisfy her poor with bread. 

16 Her Kohanim I will also clothe with salvation.

Her holy ones will shout aloud for joy. 

17 There I will make the horn of David to bud.

I have ordained a lamp for my anointed. 

18 I will clothe his enemies with shame,

But on himself, his crown will be resplendant."



PROVERBS: 12


1 Whoever loves correction loves knowledge,

But he who hates reproof is stupid. 

2 A good man shall obtain favor from the LORD,

But he will condemn a man of wicked devices. 

3 A man shall not be established by wickedness,

But the root of the righteous shall not be moved. 

4 A worthy woman is the crown of her husband,

But a disgraceful wife is as rottenness in his bones. 

5 The thoughts of the righteous are just.

The advice of the wicked is deceitful. 

6 The words of the wicked are about lying in wait for blood,

But the speech of the upright rescues them. 

7 The wicked are overthrown, and are no more,

But the house of the righteous shall stand. 

8 A man shall be commended according to his wisdom,

But he who has a warped mind shall be despised. 

9 Better is he who is lightly esteemed, and has a servant,

Than he who honors himself, and lacks bread. 

10 A righteous man regards the life of his animal,

But the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel. 

11 He who tills his land shall have plenty of bread,

But he who chases fantasies is void of understanding. 

12 The wicked desires the plunder of evil men,

But the root of the righteous flourishes. 

13 An evil man is trapped by sinfulness of lips,

But the righteous shall come out of trouble. 

14 A man shall be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth.

The doings of a man's hands shall be rewarded to him. 

15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes,

But he who is wise listens to counsel. 

16 A fool shows his annoyance the same day,

But one who overlooks an insult is prudent.

17 He who is truthful testifies honestly,

But a false witness lies. 

18 There is one who speaks rashly like the piercing of a sword,

But the tongue of the wise heals. 

19 Truth's lips will be established forever,

But a lying tongue is only momentary. 

20 Deceit is in the heart of those who plot evil,

But joy comes to the promoters of shalom. 

21 No mischief shall happen to the righteous,

But the wicked shall be filled with evil. 

22 Lying lips are an abomination to the LORD,

But those who do the truth are his delight. 

23 A prudent man keeps his knowledge,

But the hearts of fools proclaim foolishness. 

24 The hands of the diligent ones shall rule,

But laziness ends in slave labor.

25 Anxiety in a man's heart weighs it down,

But a kind word makes it glad. 

26 The righteous is cautious in friendship,

But the way of the wicked leads them astray. 

27 The slothful man doesn't roast his game,

But the possessions of diligent men are prized. 

28 In the way of righteousness is life;

In its path there is no death.



OLD TESTAMENT: 2 KINGS 20:1 - 22:2


20:1 In those days was Hizkiyahu sick to death. Yesha`yahu the prophet the son of Amotz came to him, and said to him, Thus says the LORD, Set your house in order: for you shall die, and not live. 2 Then he turned his face to the wall, and prayed to the LORD, saying, 3 Remember now, LORD, I beg you, how I have walked before you in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in your sight. Hizkiyahu wept sore. 4 It happened, before Yesha`yahu was gone out into the middle part of the city, that the word of the LORD came to him, saying, 5 Turn back, and tell Hizkiyahu the prince of my people, Thus says the LORD, the God of David your father, I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears: behold, I will heal you; on the third day you shall go up to the house of the LORD. 6 I will add to your days fifteen years; and I will deliver you and this city out of the hand of the king of Ashshur; and I will defend this city for my own sake, and for my servant David's sake. 7 Yesha`yahu said, Take a cake of figs. They took and laid it on the boil, and he recovered. 8 Hizkiyahu said to Yesha`yahu, What shall be the sign that the LORD will heal me, and that I shall go up to the house of the LORD the third day? 9 Yesha`yahu said, This shall be the sign to you from the LORD, that the LORD will do the thing that he has spoken: shall the shadow go forward ten steps, or go back ten steps? 10 Hizkiyahu answered, It is a light thing for the shadow to decline ten steps: nay, but let the shadow return backward ten steps. 11 Yesha`yahu the prophet cried to the LORD; and he brought the shadow ten steps backward, by which it had gone down on the dial of Achaz. 12 At that time Berodakh-Bal'adan the son of Bal'adan, king of Bavel, sent letters and a present to Hizkiyahu; for he had heard that Hizkiyahu had been sick. 13 Hizkiyahu listened to them, and shown them all the house of his precious things, the silver, and the gold, and the spices, and the precious oil, and the house of his armor, and all that was found in his treasures: there was nothing in his house, nor in all his dominion, that Hizkiyahu didn't show them. 14 Then came Yesha`yahu the prophet to king Hizkiyahu, and said to him, What said these men? and from whence came they to you? Hizkiyahu said, They are come from a far country, even from Bavel. 15 He said, What have they seen in your house? Hizkiyahu answered, All that is in my house have they seen: there is nothing among my treasures that I have not shown them. 16 Yesha`yahu said to Hizkiyahu, Hear the word of the LORD. 17 Behold, the days come, that all that is in your house, and that which your fathers have laid up in store to this day, shall be carried to Bavel: nothing shall be left, says the LORD. 18 Of your sons who shall issue from you, whom you shall father, shall they take away; and they shall be eunuchs in the palace of the king of Bavel. 19 Then said Hizkiyahu to Yesha`yahu, Good is the word of the LORD which you have spoken. He said moreover, Isn't it so, if shalom and truth shall be in my days? 20 Now the rest of the acts of Hizkiyahu, and all his might, and how he made the pool, and the conduit, and brought water into the city, aren't they written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Yehudah? 21 Hizkiyahu slept with his fathers; and Menashsheh his son reigned in his place.


21:1 Menashsheh was twelve years old when he began to reign; and he reigned fifty-five years in Yerushalayim: and his mother's name was Heftzi-Bah. 2 He did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD, after the abominations of the nations whom the LORD cast out before the children of Yisra'el. 3 For he built again the high places which Hizkiyahu his father had destroyed; and he reared up altars for Ba`al, and made an Asherah, as did Ach'av king of Yisra'el, and worshiped all the host of the sky, and served them. 4 He built altars in the house of the LORD, whereof the LORD said, In Yerushalayim will I put my name. 5 He built altars for all the host of the sky in the two courts of the house of the LORD. 6 He made his son to pass through the fire, and practiced sorcery, and used enchantments, and dealt with those who had familiar spirits, and with wizards: he worked much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger. 7  He set the engraved image of Asherah, that he had made, in the house of which the LORD said to David and to Shlomo his son, In this house, and in Yerushalayim, which I have chosen out of all the tribes of Yisra'el, will I put my name forever;8 neither will I cause the feet of Yisra'el to wander any more out of the land which I gave their fathers, if only they will observe to do according to all that I have commanded them, and according to all the law that my servant Moshe commanded them. 9 But they didn't listen: and Menashsheh seduced them to do that which is evil more than did the nations whom the LORD destroyed before the children of Yisra'el. 10 The LORD spoke by his servants the prophets, saying, 11 Because Menashsheh king of Yehudah has done these abominations, and has done wickedly above all that the Amori did, who were before him, and has made Yehudah also to sin with his idols; 12 therefore thus says the LORD, the God of Yisra'el, Behold, I bring such evil on Yerushalayim and Yehudah, that whoever hears of it, both his ears shall tingle. 13 I will stretch over Yerushalayim the line of Shomron, and the plummet of the house of Ach'av; and I will wipe Yerushalayim as a man wipes a dish, wiping it and turning it upside down. 14 I will cast off the remnant of my inheritance, and deliver them into the hand of their enemies; and they shall become a prey and a spoil to all their enemies; 15 because they have done that which is evil in my sight, and have provoked me to anger, since the day their fathers came forth out of Mitzrayim, even to this day. 16 Moreover Menashsheh shed innocent blood very much, until he had filled Yerushalayim from one end to another; besides his sin with which he made Yehudah to sin, in doing that which was evil in the sight of the LORD. 17  Now the rest of the acts of Menashsheh, and all that he did, and his sin that he sinned, aren't they written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Yehudah? 18 Menashsheh slept with his fathers, and was buried in the garden of his own house, in the garden of Uzza: and Amon his son reigned in his place. 19 Amon was twenty-two years old when he began to reign; and he reigned two years in Yerushalayim: and his mother's name was Meshullemet the daughter of Harutz of Yotvah. 20 He did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD, as did Menashsheh his father. 21 He walked in all the way that his father walked in, and served the idols that his father served, and worshiped them: 22 and he forsook the LORD, the God of his fathers, and didn't walk in the way of the LORD. 23 The servants of Amon conspired against him, and put the king to death in his own house. 24 But the people of the land killed all those who had conspired against king Amon; and the people of the land made Yoshiyahu his son king in his place. 25 Now the rest of the acts of Amon which he did, aren't they written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Yehudah? 26 He was buried in his tomb in the garden of Uzza: and Yoshiyahu his son reigned in his place.


22:1 Yoshiyahu was eight years old when he began to reign; and he reigned thirty-one years in Yerushalayim: and his mother's name was Yedidah the daughter of `Adayah of Botzkat. 2 He did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, and walked in all the way of David his father, and didn't turn aside to the right hand or to the left.



NEW TESTAMENT: ACTS 21:18 - 36


18 The day following, Sha'ul went in with us to Ya`akov; and all the Zakenim were present. 

19 When he had greeted them, he reported one by one the things which God had worked among the Goyim through his ministry. 

20 They, when they heard it, glorified God. They said to him, "You see, brother, how many thousands there are among the Yehudim of those who have believed, and they are all zealous for the law. 

21 They have been informed about you, that you teach all the Yehudim who are among the Goyim to forsake Moshe, telling them not to circumcise their children neither to walk after the customs. 

22 What then? The assembly must certainly meet, for they will hear that you have come. 

23 Therefore do what we tell you. We have four men who have a vow on them. 

24 Take them, and purify yourself with them, and pay their expenses for them, that they may shave their heads. Then all will know that there is no truth in the things that they have been informed about you, but that you yourself also walk keeping the law. 

25 But concerning the Goyim who believe, we have written our decision that they should observe no such thing, except that they should keep themselves from food offered to idols, from blood, from strangled things, and from sexual immorality." 

26 Then Sha'ul took the men, and the next day, purified himself and went with them into the temple, declaring the fulfillment of the days of purification, until the offering was offered for every one of them. 

27  When the seven days were almost completed, the Yehudim from Asia, when they saw him in the temple, stirred up all the multitude and laid hands on him, 

28 crying out, "Men of Yisra'el, help! This is the man who teaches all men everywhere against the people, and the law, and this place. Moreover, he also brought Yevanim into the temple, and has defiled this holy place!" 

29 For they had seen Trophimus, the Ephesian, with him in the city, and they supposed that Sha'ul had brought him into the temple. 

30 All the city was moved, and the people ran together. They seized Sha'ul and dragged him out of the temple. Immediately the doors were shut. 

31 As they were trying to kill him, news came up to the commanding officer of the regiment that all Yerushalayim was in an uproar. 

32 Immediately he took soldiers and centurions, and ran down to them. They, when they saw the chief captain and the soldiers, stopped beating Sha'ul. 

33 Then the commanding officer came near, arrested him, commanded him to be bound with two chains, and inquired who he was and what he had done. 

34 Some shouted one thing, and some another, among the crowd. When he couldn't find out the truth because of the noise, he commanded him to be brought into the barracks. 

35 When he came to the stairs, it happened that he was carried by the soldiers because of the violence of the crowd; 

36 for the multitude of the people followed after, crying out, "Away with him!"


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment