Thursday, August 1, 2019

THEINC-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - August 1 - Full Text!

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 

AUGUST 1


PSALMS: 1, 31, 61, 91, 121

PROVERBS: 1

OLD TESTAMENT: JEREMIAH 37:1 - 38: - 28

NEW TESTAMENT: 1 TIMOTHY 6:1 - 21


PSALMS: 1

1 How blessed are those who reject the advice of the wicked,
don't stand on the way of sinners or sit where scoffers sit! 
2 Their delight is in ADONAI's Torah;
on his Torah they meditate day and night. 
3 They are like trees planted by streams -they bear their fruit in season,
their leaves never wither, everything they do succeeds. 
4 Not so the wicked, who are like chaff driven by the wind. 
5 For this reason the wicked won't stand up to the judgment,
nor will sinners at the gathering of the righteous. 
6 For ADONAI watches over the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked is doomed.


PSALMS: 31

1 For the leader.
A psalm of David:
In you, ADONAI, I take refuge;
let me never be put to shame;
in your justice, save me! 
2 Turn your ear toward me, come quickly to my rescue,
be for me a rock of strength, a fortress to keep me safe. 
3 Since you are my rock and fortress, lead me and guide me for your name's sake. 
4 Free me from the net they have hidden to catch me, because you are my strength. 
5 Into your hand I commit my spirit;
you will redeem me, ADONAI, God of truth. 
6 I hate those who serve worthless idols;
as for me, I trust in ADONAI. 
7  I will rejoice and be glad in your grace,
for you see my affliction,
you know how distressed I am. 
8 You did not hand me over to the enemy;
you set my feet where I can move freely. 
9 Show me favor, ADONAI, for I am in trouble.
My eyes grow dim with anger, my soul and body as well. 
10 For my life is worn out with sorrow and my years with sighing;
my strength gives out under my guilt, and my bones are wasting away. 
11 I am scorned by all my adversaries, and even more by my neighbors;
even to acquaintances I am an object of fear when they see me in the street,
they turn away from me. 
12 Like a dead man, I have passed from their minds;
I have become like a broken pot. 
13 All I hear is whispering, terror is all around me;
they plot together against me, scheming to take my life.
14 But I, I trust in you, ADONAI; I say, "You are my God." 
15 My times are in your hand;
rescue me from my enemies' power, from those who persecute me. 
16 Make your face shine on your servant;
in your grace, save me. 
17 ADONAI, don't let me be put to shame,
for I have called on you;
let the wicked be put to shame, l
et them be silenced in Sh'ol. 
18 May lying lips be struck dumb,
that speak insolently against the righteous with such pride and contempt. 
19 But oh, how great is your goodness,
which you have stored up for those who fear you,
which you do for those who take refuge in you, before people's very eyes! 
20 In the shelter of your presence you hide them from human plots,
you conceal them in your shelter, safe from contentious tongues. 
21 Blessed be ADONAI!
For he has shown me his amazing grace when I was in a city under siege. 
22 As for me, in my alarm I said, "I have been cut off from your sight!
"Nevertheless, you heard my pleas when I cried out to you. 
23 Love ADONAI, you faithful of his.
ADONAI preserves the loyal, but the proud he repays in full. 
24 Be strong, and fill your hearts with courage,
all of you who hope in ADONAI.


PSALMS: 61

1 For the leader.
A psalm of David:
In you, ADONAI, I take refuge;
let me never be put to shame; in your justice, save me! 
2 Turn your ear toward me, come quickly to my rescue,
be for me a rock of strength, a fortress to keep me safe. 
3 Since you are my rock and fortress,
lead me and guide me for your name's sake. 
4 Free me from the net they have hidden to catch me,
because you are my strength. 
5 Into your hand I commit my spirit;
you will redeem me, ADONAI, God of truth. 
6 I hate those who serve worthless idols;
as for me, I trust in ADONAI. 
7 I will rejoice and be glad in your grace,
for you see my affliction,
you know how distressed I am. 
8 You did not hand me over to the enemy;
you set my feet where I can move freely. 
9 Show me favor, ADONAI, for I am in trouble.
My eyes grow dim with anger, my soul and body as well. 
10 For my life is worn out with sorrow and my years with sighing;
my strength gives out under my guilt, and my bones are wasting away. 
11 I am scorned by all my adversaries, and even more by my neighbors;
even to acquaintances I am an object of fear when they see me in the street,
they turn away from me. 
12 Like a dead man, I have passed from their minds;
I have become like a broken pot. 
13 All I hear is whispering, terror is all around me;
they plot together against me, scheming to take my life.
14 But I, I trust in you, ADONAI;
I say, "You are my God." 
15 My times are in your hand;
rescue me from my enemies' power, from those who persecute me. 
16 Make your face shine on your servant;
in your grace, save me. 
17 ADONAI, don't let me be put to shame,
for I have called on you;
let the wicked be put to shame,
let them be silenced in Sh'ol. 
18 May lying lips be struck dumb,
that speak insolently against the righteous with such pride and contempt. 
19 But oh, how great is your goodness,
which you have stored up for those who fear you,
which you do for those who take refuge in you,
before people's very eyes! 
20 In the shelter of your presence you hide them from human plots,
you conceal them in your shelter, safe from contentious tongues. 
21 Blessed be ADONAI!
For he has shown me his amazing grace when I was in a city under siege. 
22 As for me, in my alarm I said, "I have been cut off from your sight!
"Nevertheless, you heard my pleas when I cried out to you. 
23 Love ADONAI, you faithful of his.
ADONAI preserves the loyal,
but the proud he repays in full. 
24 Be strong, and fill your hearts with courage,
all of you who hope in ADONAI.


PSALMS: 91

1 You who live in the shelter of 'Elyon,
who spend your nights in the shadow of Shaddai, 
2 who say to ADONAI,
"My refuge!
My fortress!
My God, in whom I trust!" 
3 he will rescue you from the trap of the hunter and from the plague of calamities; 
4 he will cover you with his pinions,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his truth is a shield and protection. 
5 You will not fear the terrors of night or the arrow that flies by day, 
6 or the plague that roams in the dark,
or the scourge that wreaks havoc at noon. 
7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand;
but it won't come near you. 
8 Only keep your eyes open, and you will see how the wicked are punished. 
9 For you have made ADONAI, the Most High,
who is my refuge, your dwelling-place. 
10 No disaster will happen to you,
no calamity will come near your tent; 
11 for he will order his angels to care for you and guard you wherever you go. 
12 They will carry you in their hands,
so that you won't trip on a stone. 
13 You will tread down lions and snakes,
young lions and serpents you will trample underfoot. 
14 "Because he loves me, I will rescue him;
because he knows my name, I will protect him. 
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him.
I will be with him when he is in trouble.
I will extricate him and bring him honor. 
16 I will satisfy him with long life and show him my salvation."


PSALMS: 121

1 A song of ascents:
If I raise my eyes to the hills,
from where will my help come? 
2 My help comes from ADONAI,
the maker of heaven and earth. 
3 He will not let your foot slip -your guardian is not asleep. 
4 No, the guardian of Isra'el never slumbers or sleeps.
5 ADONAI is your guardian; at your right hand
ADONAI provides you with shade 
6 the sun can't strike you during the day or even the moon at night. 
7 ADONAI will guard you against all harm;
he will guard your life. 
8 ADONAI will guard your coming and going from now on and forever.


PROVERBS: 1

1 The proverbs of Shlomo the son of David, king of Isra'el, 
2 are for learning about wisdom and discipline; f
or understanding words expressing deep insight; 
3 for gaining an intelligently disciplined life,
doing what is right, just and fair; 
4 for endowing with caution those who don't think and the
young person with knowledge and discretion.
5 Someone who is already wise will hear and learn still more;
someone who already understands will gain the ability to counsel well;
6 he will understand proverbs, obscure expressions,
the sayings and riddles of the wise. 
7 The fear of ADONAI is the beginning of knowledge,
but fools despise wisdom and discipline. 
8 My son, heed the discipline of your father,
and do not abandon the teaching of your mother; 
9 they will be a garland to grace your head,
a medal of honor for your neck. 
10 My son, if sinners entice you,
don't go along with them. 
11 Suppose they say, "Come with us:
we'll ambush somebody and kill him,
we'll waylay some harmless soul, just for fun;
12 we'll swallow him alive, like Sh'ol, whole,
like those who descend to the pit; 
13 we'll find everything he has of value,
we'll fill our homes with loot! 
14 Throw in your lot with us;
we'll share a common purse"- 
15 my son, don't go along with them,
don't set foot on their path; 
16 Their feet run to evil, they rush to shed blood. 
17 For in vain is the net baited if any bird can see it; 
18 rather, they are ambushing themselves
to shed their own blood, waylaying themselves. 
19 So are the ways of all greedy for gain -it takes the lives of those who get it. 
20 Wisdom calls aloud in the open air and raises her voice in the public places; 
21 she calls out at streetcorners and speaks out at entrances to city gates: 
22 "How long, you whose lives have no purpose,
will you love thoughtless living?
How long will scorners find pleasure in mocking?
How long will fools hate knowledge? 
23 Repent when I reprove -I will pour out my spirit to you,
I will make my words known to you. 
24 Because you refused when I called,
and no one paid attention when I put out my hand, 
25 but instead you neglected my counsel and would not accept my reproof; 
26 I, in turn, will laugh at your distress,
and mock when terror comes over you 
27 yes, when terror overtakes you like a storm and your disaster approaches like a whirlwind, when distress and trouble assail you. 
28 Then they will call me, but I won't answer;
they will seek me earnestly, but they won't find me. 
29 Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of ADONAI, 
30 they refused my counsel and despised my reproof. 
31 So they will bear the consequences of their own way
and be overfilled with their own schemes. 
32 For the aimless wandering of the thoughtless will kill them,
and the smug overconfidence of fools will destroy them; 
33 but those who pay attention to me will live securely,
untroubled by fear of misfortune."


OLD TESTAMENT: JEREMIAH 37:1 - 38: - 28

37:1 Tzidkiyahu the son of Yoshiyahu reigned as king, instead of Konyahu the son of Yehoiakim, whom Nevukhadretztzar king of Bavel made king in the land of Yehudah. 2 But neither he, nor his servants, nor the people of the land, did listen to the words of the LORD, which he spoke by the prophet Yirmeyahu. 3 Tzidkiyahu the king sent Yehukhal the son of Shelemyahu, and Tzefanyah the son of Ma`aseyah, the Kohen, to the prophet Yirmeyahu, saying, Pray now to the LORD our God for us. 4 Now Yirmeyahu came in and went out among the people; for they had not put him into prison. 5 Par`oh's army was come forth out of Mitzrayim; and when the Kasdim who were besieging Yerushalayim heard news of them, they broke up from Yerushalayim. 6 Then came the word of the LORD to the prophet Yirmeyahu, saying, 7 Thus says the LORD, the God of Yisra'el, Thus shall you tell the king of Yehudah, who sent you to me to inquire of me: Behold, Par`oh's army, which is come forth to help you, shall return to Mitzrayim into their own land. 8 The Kasdim shall come again, and fight against this city; and they shall take it, and burn it with fire. 9 Thus says the LORD, Don't deceive yourselves, saying, The Kasdim shall surely depart from us; for they shall not depart. 10 For though you had struck the whole army of the Kasdim who fight against you, and there remained but wounded men among them, yes would they rise up every man in his tent, and burn this city with fire. 11 It happened that, when the army of the Kasdim was broken up from Yerushalayim for fear of Par`oh's army, 12 then Yirmeyahu went forth out of Yerushalayim to go into the land of Binyamin, to receive his portion there, in the midst of the people. 13 When he was in the gate of Binyamin, a captain of the guard was there, whose name was Yeriyah, the son of Shelemyahu, the son of Hananyah; and he laid hold on Yirmeyahu the prophet, saying, You are falling away to the Kasdim. 14 Then said Yirmeyahu, It is false; I am not falling away to the Kasdim. But he didn't listen to him; so Yeriyah laid hold on Yirmeyahu, and brought him to the princes. 15 The princes were angry with Yirmeyahu, and struck him, and put him in prison in the house of Yonatan the Sofer; for they had made that the prison. 16 When Yirmeyahu was come into the dungeon-house, and into the cells, and Yirmeyahu had remained there many days; 17  Then Tzidkiyahu the king sent, and fetched him: and the king asked him secretly in his house, and said, Is there any word from the LORD? Yirmeyahu said, There is. He said also, You shall be delivered into the hand of the king of Bavel. 18 Moreover Yirmeyahu said to king Tzidkiyahu, Wherein have I sinned against you, or against your servants, or against this people, that you have put me in prison? 19 Where now are your prophets who prophesied to you, saying, The king of Bavel shall not come against you, nor against this land? 20 Now please hear, my lord the king: please let my supplication be presented before you, that you not cause me to return to the house of Yonatan the Sofer, lest I die there. 21 Then Tzidkiyahu the king commanded, and they committed Yirmeyahu into the court of the guard; and they gave him daily a loaf of bread out of the bakers' street, until all the bread in the city was spent. Thus Yirmeyahu remained in the court of the guard.

38:1 Shefatyah the son of Mattan, and Gedalyahu the son of Pashchur, and Yukhal the son of Shelemyahu, and Pashchur the son of Malkiyah, heard the words that Yirmeyahu spoke to all the people, saying, 2 Thus says the LORD, He who remains in this city shall die by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence; but he who goes forth to the Kasdim shall live, and his life shall be to him for a prey, and he shall live. 3 Thus says the LORD, This city shall surely be given into the hand of the army of the king of Bavel, and he shall take it. 4 Then the princes said to the king, Let this man, we pray you, be put to death; because he weakens the hands of the men of war who remain in this city, and the hands of all the people, in speaking such words to them: for this man doesn't seek the welfare of this people, but the hurt. 5 Tzidkiyahu the king said, Behold, he is in your hand; for the king is not he who can do anything against you. 6 Then took they Yirmeyahu, and cast him into the dungeon of Malkiyah the king's son, that was in the court of the guard: and they let down Yirmeyahu with cords. In the dungeon there was no water, but mire; and Yirmeyahu sank in the mire. 7 Now when `Eved-Melekh the Kushite, a eunuch, who was in the king's house, heard that they had put Yirmeyahu in the dungeon (the king then sitting in the gate of Binyamin,) 8 `Eved-Melekh went forth out of the king's house, and spoke to the king, saying, 9 My lord the king, these men have done evil in all that they have done to Yirmeyahu the prophet, whom they have cast into the dungeon; and he is likely to die in the place where he is, because of the famine; for there is no more bread in the city. 10 Then the king commanded `Eved-Melekh the Kushite, saying, Take from hence thirty men with you, and take up Yirmeyahu the prophet out of the dungeon, before he die. 11 So `Eved-Melekh took the men with him, and went into the house of the king under the treasury, and took there rags and worn-out garments, and let them down by cords into the dungeon to Yirmeyahu. 12 `Eved-Melekh the Kushite said to Yirmeyahu, Put now these rags and worn-out garments under your armholes under the cords. Yirmeyahu did so. 13 So they drew up Yirmeyahu with the cords, and took him up out of the dungeon: and Yirmeyahu remained in the court of the guard. 14 Then Tzidkiyahu the king sent, and took Yirmeyahu the prophet to him into the third entry that is in the house of the LORD: and the king said to Yirmeyahu, I will ask you a thing; hide nothing from me. 15 Then Yirmeyahu said to Tzidkiyahu, If I declare it to you, will you not surely put me to death? and if I give you counsel, you will not listen to me. 16 So Tzidkiyahu the king swore secretly to Yirmeyahu, saying, As the LORD lives, who made us this soul, I will not put you to death, neither will I give you into the hand of these men who seek your life. 17 Then said Yirmeyahu to Tzidkiyahu, Thus says the LORD, the God Tzva'ot,, the God of Yisra'el: If you will go forth to the king of Bavel's princes, then your soul shall live, and this city shall not be burned with fire; and you shall live, and your house. 18 But if you will not go forth to the king of Bavel's princes, then shall this city be given into the hand of the Kasdim, and they shall burn it with fire, and you shall not escape out of their hand. 19 Tzidkiyahu the king said to Yirmeyahu, I am afraid of the Yehudim who are fallen away to the Kasdim, lest they deliver me into their hand, and they mock me. 20 But Yirmeyahu said, They shall not deliver you. Obey, I beg you, the voice of the LORD, in that which I speak to you: so it shall be well with you, and your soul shall live. 21 But if you refuse to go forth, this is the word that the LORD has shown me: 22 behold, all the women who are left in the king of Yehudah's house shall be brought forth to the king of Bavel's princes, and those women shall say, Your familiar friends have set you on, and have prevailed over you: [now that] your feet are sunk in the mire, they are turned away back. 23 They shall bring out all your wives and your children to the Kasdim; and you shall not escape out of their hand, but shall be taken by the hand of the king of Bavel: and you shall cause this city to be burned with fire. 24 Then said Tzidkiyahu to Yirmeyahu, Let no man know of these words, and you shall not die. 25 But if the princes hear that I have talked with you, and they come to you, and tell you, Declare to us now what you have said to the king; don't hide it from us, and we will not put you to death; also what the king said to you: 26 then you shall tell them, I presented my supplication before the king, that he would not cause me to return to Yonatan's house, to die there. 27  Then came all the princes to Yirmeyahu, and asked him; and he told them according to all these words that the king had commanded. So they left off speaking with him; for the matter was not perceived. 28 So Yirmeyahu abode in the court of the guard until the day that Yerushalayim was taken.


NEW TESTAMENT: 1 TIMOTHY 6:1 - 21

6:1 Let as many as are bondservants under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honor, that the name of God and the doctrine not be blasphemed. 
2 Those who have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brothers, but rather let them serve them, because those who partake of the benefit are believing and beloved. Teach and exhort these things. 
3 If anyone teaches a different doctrine, and doesn't consent to sound words, the words of our Lord, Yeshua the Messiah, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; 
4 he is conceited, knowing nothing, but obsessed with arguments, disputes, and word battles, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions, 
5 constant friction of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. Withdraw yourself from such. 
6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 
7 For we brought nothing into the world, and we certainly can't carry anything out. 
8 But having food and clothing, we will be content with that. 
9 But those who are determined to be rich fall into a temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful lusts, such as drown men in ruin and destruction.
10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some have been led astray from the faith in their greed, and have pierced themselves through with many sorrows. 
11 But you, man of God, flee these things, and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, and gentleness. 
12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Lay hold of the eternal life, whereunto you were called, and confessed the good confession in the sight of many witnesses. 
13 I charge you in the sight of God, who gives life to all things, and of Messiah Yeshua, who before Pontius Pilate testified the good confession, 
14 that you keep the mitzvah, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah; 
15 which in its own times he will show, who is the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 
16 who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light; whom no man has seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and eternal power. Amein. 
17 Charge those who are rich in this present world, that they not be haughty, nor have their hope set on the uncertainty of riches, but on the living God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy; 
18 that they do good, that they be rich in good works, that they be ready to distribute, willing to communicate;
19 laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold of eternal life. 
20 Timothy, guard that which is committed to you, turning away from the empty chatter and oppositions of the knowledge which is falsely so called;
21 which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with you. Amein.

 John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment