Wednesday, August 21, 2019

THEINC-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - August 21 - Full Text!

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 

AUGUST 21


PSALMS: 20, 50, 80, 110, 140

PROVERBS: 20

OLD TESTAMENT: EZEKIEL 21:1 - 22:31

NEW TESTAMENT: HEBREWS 10:1 - 17


PSALMS: 21

1 The king rejoices in your strength, LORD!
How greatly he rejoices in your yeshu`ah! 
2 You have given him his heart's desire,
And have not withheld the request of his lips.
Selah. 
3 For you meet him with the blessings of goodness;
You set a crown of fine gold on his head. 
4 He asked life of you, you gave it to him,
Even length of days forever and ever. 
5 His glory is great in your salvation.
You lay honor and majesty on him. 
6 For you make him most blessed forever.
You make him glad with joy in your presence. 
7 For the king trusts in the LORD.
Through the loving kindness of Ha`Elyon,
he shall not be moved. 
8 Your hand will find out all of your enemies.
Your right hand will find out those who hate you. 
9 You will make them as a fiery furnace in the time of your anger.
The LORD will swallow them up in his wrath.
The fire shall devour them. 
10 You will destroy their descendants from the eretz,
Their posterity from among the children of men. 
11 For they intended evil against you.
They plotted evil against you which cannot succeed. 
12 For you will make them turn their back,
When you aim drawn bows at their face. 
13 Be exalted, LORD, in your strength,
So we will sing and praise your power.


PSALMS: 51

1 Have mercy on me, God, according to your loving kindness.
According to the multitude of your tender mercies, blot out my transgressions. 
2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity.
Cleanse me from my sin. 
3 For I know my transgressions.
My sin is constantly before me. 
4 Against you, and you only, have I sinned,
And done that which is evil in your sight;
That you may be proved right when you speak,
And justified when you judge. 
5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity.
In sin did my mother conceive me. 
6 Behold, you desire truth in the inward parts.
You teach me wisdom in the inmost place.
7 Purify me with hyssop, and I will be clean.
Wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. 
8 Let me hear joy and gladness,
That the bones which you have broken may rejoice. 
9 Hide your face from my sins,
And blot out all of my iniquities. 
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God.
Renew a right spirit within me. 
11 Don't throw me from your presence,
And don't take your holy Spirit from me. 
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation.
Uphold me with a willing spirit. 
13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways.
Sinners shall be converted to you.
14 Deliver me from blood guiltiness,
O God, the God of my salvation.
My tongue shall sing aloud of your righteousness. 
15 Lord, open my lips.
My mouth shall declare your praise. 
16 For you don't delight in sacrifice, or else I would give it.
You have no pleasure in burnt offering. 
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit.
A broken and contrite heart,
O God, you will not despise. 
18 Do well in your good pleasure to Tziyon.
Build the walls of Yerushalayim. 
19 Then will you delight in the sacrifices of righteousness,
In burnt offerings and in whole burnt offerings.
Then they will offer bulls on your altar.


PSALMS: 81

1 Sing aloud to God, our strength!
Make a joyful noise to the God of Ya`akov! 
2 Raise a song, and bring here the tambourine,
The pleasant lyre with the harp. 
3 Blow the shofar at the New Moon,
At the full moon, on our feast day. 
4 For it is a statute for Yisra'el,
An ordinance of the God of Ya`akov. 
5 He appointed it in Yosef for a testimony,
When he went out over the land of Mitzrayim,
I heard a language that I didn't know. 
6 "I removed his shoulder from the burden.
His hands were freed from the basket. 
7 You called in trouble, and I delivered you.
I answered you in the secret place of thunder.
I tested you at the waters of Merivah."
Selah. 
8 "Hear, my people, and I will testify to you.
Yisra'el, if you would listen to me! 
9 There shall be no strange god in you,
Neither shall you worship any foreign god. 
10 I am the LORD, your God,
Who brought you up out of the land of Mitzrayim.
Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it. 
11 But my people didn't listen to my voice.
Yisra'el desired none of me.
12 So I let them go after the stubbornness of their hearts,
That they might walk in their own counsels. 
13 Oh that my people would listen to me,
That Yisra'el would walk in my ways! 
14 I would soon subdue their enemies,
And turn my hand against their adversaries. 
15 The haters of the LORD would cringe before him,
And their punishment would last forever. 
16 But he would have also fed them with the finest of the wheat.
I will satisfy you with honey out of the rock."


PSALMS: 111

1 Praise the LORD!
I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart,
In the council of the upright, and in the congregation. 
2 The works of the LORD are great,
Pondered by all those who delight in them. 
3 His work is honor and majesty.
His righteousness endures forever. 
4 He has caused his wonderful works to be remembered.
The LORD is gracious and merciful. 
5 He has given food to those who fear him.
He always remembers his covenant. 
6 He has shown his people the power of his works,
In giving them the heritage of the nations. 
7 The works of his hands are truth and justice.
All his precepts are sure. 
8 They are established forever and ever.
They are done in truth and uprightness. 
9 He has sent redemption to his people.
He has ordained his covenant forever.
His name is holy and awesome! 
10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom.
All those who do his work have a good understanding.
His praise endures forever!


PSALMS: 141

1 LORD, I have called on you. Come to me quickly!
Listen to my voice when I call to you. 
2 Let my prayer be set before you like incense; ‘
The lifting up of my hands like the evening sacrifice. 
3 Set a watch, LORD, before my mouth.
Keep the door of my lips. 
4 Don't incline my heart to any evil thing, ‘
To practice deeds of wickedness with men who work iniquity.
Don't let me eat of their delicacies. 
5 Let the righteous strike me, it is kindness;
Let him reprove me, it is like oil on the head;
Don't let my head refuse it;
Yet my prayer is always against evil deeds. 
6 Their judges are thrown down by the sides of the rock.
They will hear my words, for they are well spoken. 
7 "As when one plows and breaks up the eretz,
Our bones are scattered at the mouth of She'ol." 
8 For my eyes are on you, LORD, the Lord.
In you, I take refuge. Don't leave my soul destitute. 
9 Keep me from the snare which they have laid for me,
From the traps of the workers of iniquity. 
10 Let the wicked fall together into their own nets,
While I pass by.


PROVERBS: 21

1 The king's heart is in the LORD's hand like the watercourses.
He turns it wherever he desires. 
2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes,
But the LORD weighs the hearts. 
3 To do righteousness and justice
Is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice. 
4 A high look, and a proud heart,
The lamp of the wicked, is sin. 
5 The plans of the diligent surely lead to profit;
And everyone who is hasty surely rushes to poverty. 
6 Getting treasures by a lying tongue
Is a fleeting vapor for those who seek death. 
7 The violence of the wicked will drive them away,
Because they refuse to do what is right. 
8 The way of the guilty is devious,
But the conduct of the innocent is upright. 
9 It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop,
Than to share a house with a contentious woman. 
10 The soul of the wicked desires evil;
His neighbor finds no mercy in his eyes. 
11 When the mocker is punished, the simple gains wisdom;
When the wise is instructed, he receives knowledge. 
12 The Righteous One considers the house of the wicked,
And brings the wicked to ruin. 
13 Whoever stops his ears at the cry of the poor,
He will also cry out, but shall not be heard.
14 A gift in secret pacifies anger;
And a bribe in the cloak, strong wrath. 
15 It is joy to the righteous to do justice;
But it is a destruction to the workers of iniquity. 
16 The man who wanders out of the way of understanding
Shall rest in the assembly of the dead. 
17  He who loves pleasure shall be a poor man:
He who loves wine and oil shall not be rich. 
18 The wicked is a ransom for the righteous;
The treacherous for the upright. 
19 It is better to dwell in a desert land,
Than with a contentious and fretful woman. 
20 There is precious treasure and oil in the dwelling of the wise;
But a foolish man swallows it up. 
21 He who follows after righteousness and kindness
Finds life, righteousness, and honor. 
22 A wise man scales the city of the mighty,
And brings down the strength of its confidence. 
23Whoever guards his mouth and his tongue
Keeps his soul from troubles. 
24 The proud and haughty man, "scoffer" is his name;
He works in the arrogance of pride. 
25 The desire of the sluggard kills him,
For his hands refuse to labor. 
26 There are those who covet greedily all the day long;
But the righteous gives and doesn't withhold.
27 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination:
How much more, when he brings it with a wicked mind! 
28 A false witness will perish,
And a man who listens speaks to eternity. 
29 A wicked man hardens his face;
But as for the upright, he establishes his ways. 
30 There is no wisdom nor understanding
Nor counsel against the LORD. 
31 The horse is prepared for the day of battle;
But victory is with the LORD.


OLD TESTAMENT: EZEKIEL 21:1 - 22:31

21:1 The word of the LORD came to me, saying, 2 Son of man, set your face toward Yerushalayim, and drop [your word] toward the sanctuaries, and prophesy against Eretz-Yisra'el; 3 and tell Eretz-Yisra'el, Thus says the LORD: Behold, I am against you, and will draw forth my sword out of its sheath, and will cut off from you the righteous and the wicked. 4 Seeing then that I will cut off from you the righteous and the wicked, therefore shall my sword go forth out of its sheath against all flesh from the south to the north: 5 and all flesh shall know that I, the LORD, have drawn forth my sword out of its sheath; it shall not return any more. 6 Sigh therefore, you son of man; with the breaking of your loins and with bitterness shall you sigh before their eyes. 7  It shall be, when they tell you, Why do you sigh? that you shall say, Because of the news, for it comes; and every heart shall melt, and all hands shall be feeble, and every spirit shall faint, and all knees shall be weak as water: behold, it comes, and it shall be done, says the Lord GOD. 8 The word of the LORD came to me, saying, 9 Son of man, prophesy, and say, Thus says the LORD: Say, A sword, a sword, it is sharpened, and also furbished; 10 it is sharpened that it may make a slaughter; it is furbished that it may be as lightning: shall we then make mirth? the rod of my son, it condemns every tree. 11 It is given to be furbished, that it may be handled: the sword, it is sharpened, yes, it is furbished, to give it into the hand of the killer. 12 Cry and wail, son of man; for it is on my people, it is on all the princes of Yisra'el: they are delivered over to the sword with my people; strike therefore on your thigh. 13 For there is a trial; and what if even the rod that condemns shall be no more? says the Lord GOD. 14 You therefore, son of man, prophesy, and strike your hands together; and let the sword be doubled the third time, the sword of the deadly wounded: it is the sword of the great one who is deadly wounded, which enters into their chambers. 15 I have set the threatening sword against all their gates, that their heart may melt, and their stumblings be multiplied: ah! it is made as lightning, it is pointed for slaughter. 16 Gather you together, go to the right, set yourself in array, go to the left, wherever your face is set. 17 I will also strike my hands together, and I will cause my wrath to rest: I, the LORD, have spoken it. 18 The word of the LORD came to me again, saying, 19 Also, you son of man, appoint two ways, that the sword of the king of Bavel may come; they both shall come forth out of one land: and mark out a place, mark it out at the head of the way to the city. 20 You shall appoint a way for the sword to come to Rabbah of the children of `Ammon, and to Yehudah in Yerushalayim the fortified. 21 For the king of Bavel stood at the parting of the way, at the head of the two ways, to use divination: he shook the arrows back and forth, he consulted the terafim, he looked in the liver. 22 In his right hand was the divination [for] Yerushalayim, to set battering rams, to open the mouth in the slaughter, to lift up the voice with shouting, to set battering rams against the gates, to cast up mounds, to build forts. 23 It shall be to them as a false divination in their sight, who have sworn oaths to them; but he brings iniquity to memory, that they may be taken. 24 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Because you have made your iniquity to be remembered, in that your transgressions are uncovered, so that in all your doings your sins do appear; because you have come to memory, you shall be taken with the hand. 25 You, deadly wounded wicked one, the prince of Yisra'el, whose day is come, in the time of the iniquity of the end, 26 thus says the Lord GOD: Remove the turban, and take off the crown; this [shall be] no more the same; exalt that which is low, and abase that which is high.27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn it: this also shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it [him]. 28 You, son of man, prophesy, and say, Thus says the Lord GOD concerning the children of `Ammon, and concerning their reproach; and say you, A sword, a sword is drawn, for the slaughter it is furbished, to cause it to devour, that it may be as lightning; 29 while they see for you false visions, while they divine lies to you, to lay you on the necks of the wicked who are deadly wounded, whose day is come in the time of the iniquity of the end. 30 Cause it to return into its sheath. In the place where you were created, in the land of your birth, will I judge you. 31 I will pour out my indignation on you; I will blow on you with the fire of my wrath; and I will deliver you into the hand of brutish men, skillful to destroy. 32 You shall be for fuel to the fire; your blood shall be in the midst of the land; you shall be no more remembered: for I, the LORD, have spoken it.

22:1 Moreover the word of the LORD came to me, saying, 2 You, son of man, will you judge, will you judge the bloody city? then cause her to know all her abominations. 3 You shall say, Thus says the Lord GOD: A city that sheds blood in the midst of her, that her time may come, and that makes idols against herself to defile her! 4 You have become guilty in your blood that you have shed, and are defiled in your idols which you have made; and you have caused your days to draw near, and are come even to your years: therefore have I made you a reproach to the nations, and a mocking to all the countries. 5 Those who are near, and those who are far from you, shall mock you, you infamous one [and] full of tumult. 6 Behold, the princes of Yisra'el, everyone according to his power, have been in you to shed blood. 7 In you have they set light by father and mother; in the midst of you have they dealt by oppression with the sojourner; in you have they wronged the fatherless and the widow. 8 You have despised my holy things, and have profaned my Shabbatot. 9 Slanderous men have been in you to shed blood; and in you they have eaten on the mountains: in the midst of you they have committed lewdness. 10 In you have they uncovered their fathers' nakedness; in you have they humbled her who was unclean in her impurity. 11 One has committed abomination with his neighbor's wife; and another has lewdly defiled his daughter-in-law; and another in you has humbled his sister, his father's daughter. 12 In you have they taken bribes to shed blood; you have taken interest and increase, and you have greedily gained of your neighbors by oppression, and have forgotten me, says the Lord GOD. 13 Behold, therefore, I have struck my hand at your dishonest gain which you have made, and at your blood which has been in the midst of you. 14 Can your heart endure, or can your hands be strong, in the days that I shall deal with you? I, the LORD, have spoken it, and will do it. 15 I will scatter you among the nations, and disperse you through the countries; and I will consume your filthiness out of you. 16 You shall be profaned in yourself, in the sight of the nations; and you shall know that I am the LORD. 17 The word of the LORD came to me, saying, 18 Son of man, the house of Yisra'el is become dross to me: all of them are brass and tin and iron and lead, in the midst of the furnace; they are the dross of silver. 19 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Because you are all become dross, therefore, behold, I will gather you into the midst of Yerushalayim. 20 As they gather silver and brass and iron and lead and tin into the midst of the furnace, to blow the fire on it, to melt it; so will I gather you in my anger and in my wrath, and I will lay you there, and melt you. 21 Yes, I will gather you, and blow on you with the fire of my wrath, and you shall be melted in the midst of it. 22 As silver is melted in the midst of the furnace, so shall you be melted in the midst of it; and you shall know that I, the LORD, have poured out my wrath on you. 23 The word of the LORD came to me, saying, 24 Son of man, tell her, You are a land that is not cleansed, nor rained on in the day of indignation. 25 There is a conspiracy of her prophets in the midst of it, like a roaring lion ravening the prey: they have devoured souls; they take treasure and precious things; they have made her widows many in the midst of it. 
26 Her Kohanim have done violence to my law, and have profaned my holy things: they have made no distinction between the holy and the common, neither have they caused men to discern between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my Shabbatot, and I am profaned among them. 27 Her princes in the midst of it are like wolves ravening the prey, to shed blood, [and] to destroy souls, that they may get dishonest gain. 28 Her prophets have daubed for them with whitewash, seeing false visions, and divining lies to them, saying, Thus says the Lord GOD, when the LORD has not spoken. 29 The people of the land have used oppression, and exercised robbery; yes, they have vexed the poor and needy, and have oppressed the sojourner wrongfully. 30 I sought for a man among them, who should build up the wall, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found none. 31 Therefore have I poured out my indignation on them; I have consumed them with the fire of my wrath: their own way have I brought on their heads, says the Lord GOD.


NEW TESTAMENT: HEBREWS 10:1 - 17

10:1 For the law, having a shadow of the good to come, not the very image of the things, can never with the same sacrifices year by year, which they offer continually, make perfect those who draw near. 
2 Or else wouldn't they have ceased to be offered, because the worshippers, having been once cleansed, would have had no more consciousness of sins? 
3 But in those sacrifices there is a memory made of sins year by year. 
4 For it is impossible that the blood of bulls and goats should take away sins. 
5 Therefore when he comes into the world, he says, "Sacrifice and offering you didn't desire, But a body did you prepare for me; 
6 In whole burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin you had no pleasure. 
7 Then I said, 'Behold, I have come (In the scroll of the book it is written of me) To do your will, God.'" 
8 Saying above, "Sacrifices and offerings and whole burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin you didn't desire, neither had pleasure in them" (those which are offered according to the law), 
9 then has he said, "Behold, I have come to do your will." He takes away the first, that he may establish the second, 
10 by which will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Yeshua the Messiah once for all. 
11 Every Kohen indeed stands day by day ministering and often offering the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins, 
12 but he, when he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 
13 henceforth expecting until his enemies to be made the footstool of his feet. 
14 For by one offering he has perfected forever those who are being sanctified. 
15 The Ruach HaKodesh also testifies to us, for after he has said, 
16 "This is the covenant that I will make with them: 'After those days,' says the Lord, 'I will put my laws on their heart, I will also write them on their mind;'" then, 
17 "I will remember their sins and their iniquities no more."

 John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment