Saturday, August 17, 2019

THEINC-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - August 17 - Full Text - Shabbat Shalom!

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 

AUGUST 17

PSALMS: 17, 47, 77, 107, 137

PROVERBS: 17

OLD TESTAMENT: EZEKIEL 14:12 – 16:41

NEW TESTAMENT: HEBREWS 7:18 - 28

PSALMS: 17

1 Hear, LORD, my righteous plea;
Give ear to my prayer, that doesn't go out of deceitful lips. 
2 Let my sentence come forth from your presence;
Let your eyes look on equity. 
3 You have proved my heart;
you have visited me in the night;
You have tried me, and found nothing;
I have resolved that my mouth shall not disobey. 
4 As for the works of men,
by the word of your lips I have kept myself from the ways of the violent. 
5 My steps have held fast to your paths,
My feet have not slipped. 
6 I have called on you, for you will answer me, God:
Turn your ear to me.
Hear my speech. 
7 Show your marvelous loving kindness,
You who save those who take refuge by
your right hand from their enemies. 
8 Keep me as the apple of your eye;
Hide me under the shadow of your wings, 
9 From the wicked who oppress me,
My deadly enemies, who compass me about. 
10 They close up their callous hearts.
With their mouth they speak proudly.
11 They have now surrounded us in our steps.
They set their eyes to cast us down to the eretz. 
12 He is like a lion that is greedy of his prey,
As it were a young lion lurking in secret places. 
13 Arise, LORD, Confront him, cast him down.
Deliver my soul from the wicked by your sword; 
14 From men by your hand, LORD,
From men of the world, whose portion is in this life,
Whose belly you fill with your treasure:
They are satisfied with children,
Leave the rest of their substance to their babes. 
15 As for me, I shall see your face in righteousness;
I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with seeing your form.

PSALMS:  47

1 Oh clap your hands, all you nations.
Shout to God with the voice of triumph! 
2 For the LORD Elyon is awesome.
He is a great King over all the eretz. 
3 He subdues nations under us,
And peoples under our feet. 
4 He chooses our inheritance for us,
The glory of Ya`akov whom he loved.
Selah. 
5 God has gone up with a shout,
The LORD with the sound of a shofar. 
6 Sing praise to God, sing praises.
Sing praises to our King, sing praises. 
7 For God is the King of all the eretz.
Sing praises with understanding. 
8 God reigns over the nations.
God sits on his holy throne. 
9 The princes of the peoples are gathered together,
The people of the God of Avraham.
For the shields of the eretz belong to God.
He is greatly exalted!

PSALMS:  77

1 My cry goes to God! Indeed,
I cry to God for help,
And for him to listen to me. 
2 In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord.
My hand was stretched out in the night, and didn't get tired.
My soul refused to be comforted. 
3 I remember God, and I groan.
I complain, and my spirit is overwhelmed.
Selah. 
4 You hold my eyelids open.
I am so troubled that I can't speak. 
5 I have considered the days of old,
The years of ancient times. 
6 I remember my song in the night.
I consider in my own heart;
My spirit diligently inquires: 
7 "Will the Lord reject us forever?
Will he be favorable no more? 
8 Has his loving kindness vanished forever?
Does his promise fail for generations? 
9 Has God forgotten to be gracious?
Has he, in anger, withheld his compassion?"
Selah. 
10Then I thought,
"I will appeal to this:
The years of the right hand of Ha`Elyon." 
11 I will remember the LORD's deeds;
For I will remember your wonders of old. 
12 I will also meditate on all your work,
And consider your doings. 
13 Your way, God, is in the sanctuary.
What god is great like God? 
14 You are the God who does wonders.
You have made your strength known among the peoples. 
15 You have redeemed your people with your arm,
The sons of Ya`akov and Yosef. Selah. 
16 The waters saw you, God.
The waters saw you, and they writhed.
The depths also convulsed.
17 The clouds poured out water.
The skies resounded with thunder.
Your arrows also flashed around. 
18 The voice of your thunder was in the whirlwind.
The lightnings lit up the world.
The eretz trembled and shook. 
19 Your way was through the sea;
Your paths through the great waters.
Your footsteps were not known. 
20 You led your people like a flock,
By the hand of Moshe and Aharon.

PSALMS:  107

1 Give thanks to the LORD,
For he is good,
For his loving kindness endures forever. 
2 Let the redeemed by the LORD say so,
Whom he has redeemed from the hand of the adversary, 
3 Gathered out of the lands,
From the east and from the west,
From the north and from the south. 
4 They wandered in the wilderness in a desert way.
They found no city to live in. 
5 Hungry and thirsty,
Their soul fainted in them. 
6 Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble,
And he delivered them out of their distresses, 
7 He led them also by a straight way,
That they might go to a city to live in. 
8 Let them praise the LORD for his loving kindness,
For his wonderful works to the children of men! 
9 For he satisfies the longing soul.
He fills the hungry soul with good. 
10 Some sat in darkness and in the shadow of death,
Being bound in affliction and iron, 
11 Because they rebelled against the words of God,
And condemned the counsel of Ha`Elyon. 
12 Therefore he brought down their heart with labor.
They fell down, and there was none to help. 
13 Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble,
And he saved them out of their distresses. 
14 He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death,
And broke their bonds in sunder. 
15 Let them praise the LORD for his loving kindness,
For his wonderful works to the children of men! 
16 For he has broken the gates of brass,
And cut through bars of iron.
17  Fools are afflicted because of their disobedience,
And because of their iniquities. 
18 Their soul abhors all kinds of food.
They draw near to the gates of death. 
19 Then they cry to the LORD in their trouble,
He saves them out of their distresses. 
20 He sends his word, and heals them,
And delivers them from their graves. 
21 Let them praise the LORD for his loving kindness,
For his wonderful works to the children of men! 
22 Let them offer the sacrifices of thanksgiving,
And declare his works with singing. 
23 Those who go down to the sea in ships,
Who do business in great waters; 
24 These see the LORD's works,
And his wonders in the deep. 
25 For he commands, and raises the stormy wind,
Which lifts up its waves.
26 They mount up to the sky;
they go down again to the depths.
Their soul melts away because of trouble. 
27 They reel back and forth, and stagger like a drunken man,
And are at their wits' end. 
28 Then they cry to the LORD in their trouble,
He brings them out of their distress. 
29 He makes the storm a calm,
So that its waves are still.
30 Then are they glad because it is calm,
So he brings them to their desired haven. 
31 Let them praise the LORD for his loving kindness,
For his wonderful works to the children of men! 
32 Let them exalt him also in the assembly of the people,
And praise him in the seat of the Zakenim. 
33 He turns rivers into a desert,
Water springs into a thirsty ground, 
34 And a fruitful land into a salt waste,
For the wickedness of those who dwell in it. 
35 He turns a desert into a pool of water,
And a dry land into water springs. 
36 There he makes the hungry to live,
That they may prepare a city to live in, 
37  Sow fields, plant vineyards,
And reap the fruits of increase. 
38 He blesses them also, so that they are multiplied greatly.
He doesn't allow their cattle to decrease. 
39 Again, they are diminished and bowed down
Through oppression, trouble, and sorrow. 
40 He pours contempt on princes,
And causes them to wander in a trackless waste. 
41 Yet he lifts the needy out of their affliction,
And increases their families like a flock.
42 The upright will see it, and be glad.
All the wicked will shut their mouths. 
43 Whoever is wise will pay attention to these things.
They will consider the loving
kindnesses of the LORD.

PSALMS:  137

1 By the rivers of Bavel, there we sat down.
Yes, we wept, when we remembered Tziyon. 
2 On the willows in the midst of it,
We hung up our harps. 
3 For there, those who led us captive asked us for songs.
Those who tormented us demanded songs of joy:
"Sing us one of the songs of Tziyon!" 
4 How can we sing the LORD's song in a foreign land? 
5 If I forget you, Yerushalayim,
Let my right hand forget its skill. 
6 Let my tongue stick to the roof of my mouth,
If I don't remember you;
If I don't prefer Yerushalayim above my chief joy. 
Remember, LORD, against the children of Edom,
The day of Yerushalayim;
Who said, "Raze it! Raze it even to its foundation!" 
Daughter of Bavel, doomed to destruction,
He will be happy who rewards you,
As you have served us. 
9 Happy shall he be,
Who takes and dashes your little ones against the rock.

PROVERBS: 17

1 Better is a dry morsel with quietness,
Than a house full of feasting with strife. 
2 A servant who deals wisely will rule over a son who causes shame,
And shall have a part in the inheritance among the brothers. 
3 The refining pot is for silver, and the furnace for gold,
But the LORD tests the hearts. 
4 An evil-doer gives heed to wicked lips.
A liar gives ear to a mischievous tongue. 
5 Whoever mocks the poor reproaches his Maker.
He who is glad at calamity shall not be unpunished. 
6 Children's children are the crown of old men;
The glory of children are their parents. 
7 Arrogant speech isn't fitting for a fool,
Much less do lying lips fit a prince. 
8 A bribe is a precious stone in the eyes of him who gives it;
Wherever he turns, he prospers.
9 He who covers an offense promotes love;
But he who repeats a matter separates best friends. 
10 A rebuke enters deeper into one who has understanding
Than a hundred lashes into a fool. 
11 An evil man seeks only rebellion;
Therefore a cruel messenger shall be sent against him. 
12 Let a bear robbed of her cubs meet a man,
Rather than a fool in his folly. 
13 Whoever rewards evil for good,
Evil shall not depart from his house. 
14 The beginning of strife is like breaching a dam,
Therefore stop contention before quarreling breaks out. 
15 He who justifies the wicked, and he who condemns the righteous,
Both of them alike are an abomination to the LORD. 
16 Why is there money in the hand of a fool to buy wisdom,
Seeing he has no understanding? 
17 A friend loves at all times;
And a brother is born for adversity. 
18 A man void of understanding strikes hands,
And becomes collateral in the presence of his neighbor. 
19 He who loves disobedience loves strife.
One who builds a high gate seeks destruction. 
20 One who has a perverse heart doesn't find prosperity,
And one who has a deceitful tongue falls into trouble. 
21 He who becomes the father of a fool grieves.
The father of a fool has no joy. 
22 A cheerful heart makes good medicine,
But a crushed spirit dries up the bones. 
23 A wicked man receives a bribe in secret,
To pervert the ways of justice. 
24 Wisdom is before the face of one who has understanding,
But the eyes of a fool wander to the ends of the eretz. 
25 A foolish son brings grief to his father,
And bitterness to her who bore him. 
26 Also to punish the righteous is not good,
Nor to flog officials for their integrity. 
27 He who spares his words has knowledge.
He who is even tempered is a man of understanding. 
28 Even a fool, when he keeps silent, is counted wise.
When he shuts his lips, he is thought to be discerning.

OLD TESTAMENT: EZEKIEL 14:12 – 16:41

14:12 The word of the LORD came to me, saying, 13 Son of man, when a land sins against me by committing a trespass, and I stretch out my hand on it, and break the staff of the bread of it, and send famine on it, and cut off from it man and animal; 14 though these three men, Noach, Daniyel, and Iyov, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, says the Lord GOD. 15 If I cause evil animals to pass through the land, and they ravage it, and it be made desolate, so that no man may pass through because of the animals; 16 though these three men were in it, as I live, says the Lord GOD, they should deliver neither sons nor daughters; they only should be delivered, but the land should be desolate. 17  Or if I bring a sword on that land, and say, Sword, go through the land; so that I cut off from it man and animal; 18 though these three men were in it, as I live, says the Lord GOD, they should deliver neither sons nor daughters, but they only should be delivered themselves. 19 Or if I send a pestilence into that land, and pour out my wrath on it in blood, to cut off from it man and animal;
20 though Noach, Daniyel, and Iyov, were in it, as I live, says the Lord GOD, they should deliver neither son nor daughter; they should but deliver their own souls by their righteousness. 21 For thus says the Lord GOD: How much more when I send my four sore judgments on Yerushalayim, the sword, and the famine, and the evil animals, and the pestilence, to cut off from it man and animal! 22 Yet, behold, therein shall be left a remnant that shall be carried forth, both sons and daughters: behold, they shall come forth to you, and you shall see their way and their doings; and you shall be comforted concerning the evil that I have brought on Yerushalayim, even concerning all that I have brought on it. 23 They shall comfort you, when you see their way and their doings; and you shall know that I have not done without cause all that I have done in it, says the Lord GOD.
15:1 The word of the LORD came to me, saying, 2 Son of man, what is the vine tree more than any tree, the vine-branch which is among the trees of the forest? 3 Shall wood be taken of it to make any work? or will men take a pin of it to hang any vessel thereon?4 Behold, it is cast into the fire for fuel; the fire has devoured both the ends of it, and the midst of it is burned: is it profitable for any work? 5 Behold, when it was whole, it was meet for no work: how much less, when the fire has devoured it, and it is burned, shall it yet be meet for any work! 6 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: As the vine tree among the trees of the forest, which I have given to the fire for fuel, so will I give the inhabitants of Yerushalayim. 7 I will set my face against them; they shall go forth from the fire, but the fire shall devour them; and you shall know that I am the LORD, when I set my face against them. 8 I will make the land desolate, because they have committed a trespass, says the Lord GOD.
16:1 Again the word of the LORD came to me, saying, 2 Son of man, cause Yerushalayim to know her abominations; 3 and say, Thus says the Lord GOD to Yerushalayim: Your birth and your birth is of the land of the Kana`ani; the Amori was your father, and your mother was a Hittite. 4 As for your birth, in the day you were born your navel was not cut, neither were you washed in water to cleanse you; you weren't salted at all, nor swaddled at all. 5 No eye pitied you, to do any of these things to you, to have compassion on you; but you were cast out in the open field, for that your person was abhorred, in the day that you were born. 6 When I passed by you, and saw you weltering in your blood, I said to you, [Though you are] in your blood, live; yes, I said to you, [Though you are] in your blood, live. 7 I caused you to multiply as that which grows in the field, and you did increase and wax great, and you attained to excellent ornament; your breasts were fashioned, and your hair was grown; yet you were naked and bare. 8 Now when I passed by you, and looked at you, behold, your time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over you, and covered your nakedness: yes, I swore to you, and entered into a covenant with you, says the Lord GOD, and you became mine. 9 Then washed I you with water; yes, I thoroughly washed away your blood from you, and I anointed you with oil. 10 I clothed you also with embroidered work, and shod you with sealskin, and I girded you about with fine linen, and covered you with silk. 11 I decked you with ornaments, and I put bracelets on your hands, and a chain on your neck. 12 I put a ring on your nose, and ear-rings in your ears, and a beautiful crown on your head. 13 Thus was you decked with gold and silver; and your clothing was of fine linen, and silk, and embroidered work; you ate fine flour, and honey, and oil; and you were exceeding beautiful, and you did prosper to royal estate. 14 Your renown went forth among the nations for your beauty; for it was perfect, through my majesty which I had put on you, says the Lord GOD. 15 But you did trust in your beauty, and played the prostitute because of your renown, and poured out your prostitution on everyone who passed by; his it was. 16 You did take of your garments, and mad for you high places decked with various colors, and played the prostitute on them: [the like things] shall not come, neither shall it be [so]. 17  You did also take your beautiful jewels of my gold and of my silver, which I had given you, and mad for you images of men, and did play the prostitute with them; 18 and you took your embroidered garments, and covered them, and did set my oil and my incense before them. 19 My bread also which I gave you, fine flour, and oil, and honey, with which I fed you, you did even set it before them for a sweet savor; and [thus] it was, says the Lord GOD. 20 Moreover you have taken your sons and your daughters, whom you have borne to me, and these have you sacrificed to them to be devoured. Were your prostitution a small matter, 21 that you have slain my children, and delivered them up, in causing them to pass through [the fire] to them? 22 In all your abominations and your prostitution you have not remembered the days of your youth, when you were naked and bare, and was weltering in your blood. 23 It is happen after all your wickedness, (woe, woe to you! says the Lord GOD,) 24 that you have built to you a vaulted place, and have made you a lofty place in every street. 25 You have built your lofty place at the head of every way, and have made your beauty an abomination, and have opened your feet to everyone who passed by, and multiplied your prostitution. 26 You have also committed sexual immorality with the Mitzrim, your neighbors, great of flesh; and have multiplied your prostitution, to provoke me to anger. 27 See therefore, I have stretched out my hand over you, and have diminished your ordinary [food], and delivered you to the will of those who hate you, the daughters of the Pelishtim, who are ashamed of your lewd way. 28 You have played the prostitute also with the Ashshur, because you were insatiable; yes, you have played the prostitute with them, and yet you weren't satisfied. 29 You have moreover multiplied your prostitution to the land of traffic, to Kasdim; and yet you weren't satisfied herewith. 30 How weak is your heart, says the Lord GOD, seeing you do all these things, the work of an impudent prostitute; 31 in that you build your vaulted place at the head of every way, and make your lofty place in every street, and have not been as a prostitute, in that you scorn hire. 32 A wife who commits adultery! who takes strangers instead of her husband! 33 They give gifts to all prostitutes; but you give your gifts to all your lovers, and bribe them, that they may come to you on every side for your prostitution. 34 You are different from [other] women in your prostitution, in that none follows you to play the prostitute; and whereas you give hire, and no hire is given to you, therefore you are different. 35 Therefore, prostitute, hear the word of the LORD: 36 Thus says the Lord GOD, Because your filthiness was poured out, and your nakedness uncovered through your prostitution with your lovers; and because of all the idols of your abominations, and for the blood of your children, that you gave to them; 37 therefore see, I will gather all your lovers, with whom you have taken pleasure, and all those who you have loved, with all those who you have hated; I will even gather them against you on every side, and will uncover your nakedness to them, that they may see all your nakedness. 38 I will judge you, as women who break wedlock and shed blood are judged; and I will bring on you the blood of wrath and jealousy. 39 I will also give you into their hand, and they shall throw down your vaulted place, and break down your lofty places; and they shall strip you of your clothes, and take your beautiful jewels; and they shall leave you naked and bare. 40 They shall also bring up a company against you, and they shall stone you with stones, and thrust you through with their swords. 41 They shall burn your houses with fire, and execute judgments on you in the sight of many women; and I will cause you to cease from playing the prostitute, and you shall also give no hire any more.

NEW TESTAMENT: HEBREWS 7:18 - 28

7:18 For there is an annulling of a foregoing mitzvah because of its weakness and uselessness
19 (for the law made nothing perfect), and a bringing in thereupon of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
20 Inasmuch as it is not without the taking of an oath,
21 for they indeed have been made Kohanim without an oath; but he with an oath by him that says of him, "The Lord swore and will not change his mind, 'You are a Kohen forever, According to the order of Malki-Tzedek'".
22 By so much has Yeshua become the collateral of a better covenant.
23 Many, indeed, have been made Kohanim, because they are hindered from continuing by death.
24 But he, because he lives forever, has his priesthood unchangeable.
25 Therefore he is also able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, seeing he ever lives to make intercession for them.
26 For such a Kohen Gadol was fitting for us: holy, guiltless, undefiled, separated from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
27 who doesn't need, like those Kohenim Gedolim, to daily offer up sacrifices, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. For this he did once for all, when he offered up himself.
28 For the law appoints men Kohenim Gedolim, having infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was after the law, appoints a Son, perfected forevermore.

 John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment