Thursday, May 6, 2021

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - May 9 - Full Text - Celebrate Mother's Day!

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 












MAY 9



PSALMS: 9, 39, 69, 99, 129


PROVERBS: 9


OLD TESTAMENT: 2 CHRONICLES 24:1 - 25:28


NEW TESTAMENT: ROMANS 12:1 - 21



PSALMS: 9


1 I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart.

I will tell of all your marvelous works. 

2 I will be glad and rejoice in you.

I will sing praise to your name, O Elyon. 

3 When my enemies turn back,

They stumble and perish in your presence. 

4 For you have maintained my right and my cause.

You sit on the throne judging righteously. 

5 You have rebuked the nations.

You have destroyed the wicked.

You have blotted out their name forever and ever. 

6 The enemy is overtaken by endless ruin.

The very memory of the cities which you have overthrown has perished. 

7 But the LORD reigns forever.

He has prepared his throne for judgment. 

8 He will judge the world in righteousness.

He will administer judgment to the peoples in uprightness. 

9 The LORD will also be a high tower for the oppressed;

A high tower in times of trouble. 

10 Those who know your name will put their trust in you,

For you, LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you. 

11 Sing praises to the LORD, who dwells in Tziyon,

And declare among the people what he has done.

12 For he who avenges blood remembers them.

He doesn't forget the cry of the afflicted. 

13 Have mercy on me, LORD.

See my affliction by those who hate me,

And lift me up from the gates of death; 

14 That I may show forth all your praise.

In the gates of the daughter of Tziyon I will rejoice in your salvation. 

15 The nations have sunk down in the pit that they made;

In the net which they hid, their own foot is taken. 

16 The LORD has made himself known.

He has executed judgment.

The wicked is snared by the work of his own hands.

Meditation.

Selah. 

17  The wicked shall be turned back to She'ol,

Even all the nations that forget God. 

18 For the needy shall not always be forgotten,

Nor the hope of the poor perish forever. 

19 Arise, LORD! Don't let man prevail.

Let the nations be judged in your sight. 

20 Put them in fear, LORD.

Let the nations know that they are only men.

Selah.



PSALMS: 39


1 I said, "I will watch my ways, so that I don't sin with my tongue.

I will keep my mouth with a bridle while the wicked is before me." 

2 I was mute with silence.

I held my shalom, even from good.

My sorrow was stirred. 

3 My heart was hot within me.

While I meditated, the fire burned:

I spoke with my tongue: 

4 "LORD, make me to know my end,

What is the measure of my days.

Let me know how frail I am. 

5 Behold, you have made my days hand breadths.

My lifetime is as nothing before you.

Surely every man stands as a breath."

Selah. 

6"Surely every man walks like a shadow.

Surely they busy themselves in vain.

He heaps up, and doesn't know who shall gather. 

7 Now, Lord, what do I wait for?

My hope is in you. 

8 Deliver me from all my transgressions.

Don't make me the reproach of the foolish. 

9 I was mute, I didn't open my mouth,

Because you did it. 

10 Remove your scourge away from me.

I am overcome by the blow of your hand. 

11 When you rebuke and correct man for iniquity,

You consume his wealth like a moth.

Surely every man is but a breath."

Selah. 

12 "Hear my prayer, LORD,

and give ear to my cry.

Don't be silent at my tears.

For I am a stranger with you,

A sojourner, as all my fathers were. 

13 Oh spare me, that I may recover strength,

Before I go away, and be no more."



PSALMS: 69


1 Save me, God,

For the waters have come up to my neck! 

2 I sink in deep mire, where there is no foothold.

I have come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me. 

3 I am weary with my crying.

My throat is dry.

My eyes fail, looking for my God. 

4 Those who hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of my head.

Those who want to cut me off, being my enemies wrongfully, are mighty.

I have to restore what I didn't take away. 

5 God, you know my foolishness.

My sins aren't hidden from you. 

6 Don't let those who wait for you be put to shame through me,

Lord GOD of Hosts.

Don't let those who seek you be brought to dishonor through me,

God of Yisra'el. 

7 Because for your sake, I have borne reproach.

Shame has covered my face. 

8 I have become a stranger to my brothers,

An alien to my mother's children. 

9 For the zeal of your house consumes me.

The reproaches of those who reproach you have fallen on me. 

10 When I wept and I fasted,

That was to my reproach. 

11 When I made sackcloth my clothing,

I became a byword to them. 

12 Those who sit in the gate talk about me.

I am the song of the drunkards. 

13 But as for me, my prayer is to you, LORD, in an acceptable time.

God, in the abundance of your loving kindness,

answer me in the truth of your salvation. 

14 Deliver me out of the mire, and don't let me sink.

Let me be delivered from those who hate me, and out of the deep waters.

15 Don't let the flood waters overwhelm me,

Neither let the deep swallow me up.

Don't let the pit shut its mouth on me. 

16 Answer me, LORD, for your loving kindness is good.

According to the multitude of your tender mercies, turn to me. 

17 Don't hide your face from your servant, For I am in distress.

Answer me speedily! 

18 Draw near to my soul, and redeem it.

Ransom me because of my enemies. 

19 You know my reproach, my shame, and my dishonor.

My adversaries are all before you. 

20 Reproach has broken my heart, and I am full of heaviness.

I looked for some to take pity, but there was none;

For comforters, but I found none. 

21 They also gave me gall for my food.

In my thirst, they gave me vinegar to drink.

22 Let their table before them become a snare.

May it become a retribution and a trap. 

23 Let their eyes be darkened, so that they can't see.

Make their loins continually to shake. 

24 Pour out your indignation on them.

Let the fierceness of your anger overtake them.

25 Let their habitation be desolate.

Let no one dwell in their tents.

26 For they persecute him whom you have wounded.

They tell of the sorrow of those whom you have hurt. 

27 Charge them with crime upon crime.

Don't let them come into your righteousness. 

28 Let them be blotted out of the book of life,

And not be written with the righteous. 

29 But I am in pain and distress.

Let your yeshu`ah, God, protect me. 

30 I will praise the name of God with a song,

And will magnify him with thanksgiving. 

31 It will please the LORD better than an ox,

Or a bull that has horns and hoofs. 

32 The humble have seen it, and are glad.

You who seek after God, let your heart live. 

33 For the LORD hears the needy,

And doesn't despise his captive people. 

34 Let heaven and eretz praise him;

The seas, and everything that moves therein! 

35 For God will save Tziyon, and build the cities of Yehudah.

They shall settle there, and own it. 

36 The children also of his servants shall inherit it.

Those who love his name shall dwell therein.



PSALMS: 99

1 The LORD reigns!

Let the peoples tremble.

He sits enthroned among the Keruvim.

Let the eretz be moved. 

2 The LORD is great in Tziyon.

He is high above all the peoples. 

3 Let them praise your great and awesome name.

He is Holy! 

4 The King's strength also loves justice.

You do establish equity.

You execute justice and righteousness in Ya`akov. 

5 Exalt the LORD our God.

Worship at his footstool.

He is Holy! 

6 Moshe and Aharon were among his Kohanim,

Shemu'el among those who call on his name;

They called on the LORD, and he answered them. 

7 He spoke to them in the pillar of cloud.

They kept his testimonies,

The statute that he gave them. 

8 You answered them, LORD our God.

You are a God who forgave them,

Although you took vengeance for their doings. 

9 Exalt the LORD, our God.

Worship at his holy hill,

For the LORD, our God, is holy!



PSALMS: 129


1 Many times have they afflicted me from my youth up.

Let Yisra'el now say, 

2 Many times have they afflicted me from my youth up,

Yet they have not prevailed against me. 

3 The plowers plowed on my back.

They made their furrows long. 

4 The LORD is righteous.

He has cut apart the cords of the wicked. 

5 Let them be put to shame and turned backward,

All those who hate Tziyon. 

6 Let them be as the grass on the housetops,

Which withers before it grows up; 

7 With which the reaper doesn't fill his hand,

Nor he who binds sheaves, his bosom. 

8 Neither do those who go by say,

"The blessing of the LORD be on you.

We bless you in the name of the LORD."



PROVERBS: 9


1 Wisdom has built her house.

She has carved out her seven pillars.

2 She has prepared her meat.

She has mixed her wine.

She has also set her table. 

3 She has sent out her maidens.

She cries from the highest places of the city: 

4 "Whoever is simple, let him turn in here!"

As for him who is void of understanding, she says to him, 

5 "Come, eat some of my bread,

Drink some of the wine which I have mixed! 

6 Leave your simple ways, and live.

Walk in the way of understanding." 

7 He who corrects a mocker invites insult.

He who reproves a wicked man invites abuse. 

8 Don't reprove a scoffer, lest he hate you.

Reprove a wise man, and he will love you. 

9 Instruct a wise man, and he will be still wiser.

Teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning. 

10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom.

The knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. 

11 For by me your days will be multiplied.

The years of your life will be increased. 

12 If you are wise, you are wise for yourself.

If you mock, you alone will bear it. 

13 The foolish woman is loud,

Undisciplined, and knows nothing. 

14 She sits at the door of her house,

On a seat in the high places of the city, 

15 To call to those who pass by,

Who go straight on their ways, 

16 "Whoever is simple, let him turn in here."

As for him who is void of understanding, she says to him, 

17 "Stolen water is sweet.

Food eaten in secret is pleasant." 

18 But he doesn't know that the dead are there,

That her guests are in the depths of She'ol.



OLD TESTAMENT: 2 CHRONICLES 24:1 - 25:28


24:1 Yo'ash was seven years old when he began to reign; and he reigned forty years in Yerushalayim: and his mother's name was Tzivyah, of Be'er-Sheva. 2 Yo'ash did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD all the days of Yehoiada the Kohen. 3 Yehoiada took for him two wives; and he became the father of sons and daughters. 4 It happened after this, that Yo'ash was minded to restore the house of the LORD. 5 He gathered together the Kohanim and the Levites, and said to them, Go out to the cities of Yehudah, and gather of all Yisra'el money to repair the house of your God from year to year; and see that you hasten the matter. However the Levites didn't hurry. 6 The king called for Yehoiada the chief, and said to him, Why haven't you required of the Levites to bring in out of Yehudah and out of Yerushalayim the tax of Moshe the servant of the LORD, and of the assembly of Yisra'el, for the tent of the testimony? 7 For the sons of `Atalyah, that wicked woman, had broken up the house of God; and also all the dedicated things of the house of the LORD did they bestow on the Ba`alim. 8 So the king commanded, and they made a chest, and set it outside at the gate of the house of the LORD. 9 They made a proclamation through Yehudah and Yerushalayim, to bring in for the LORD the tax that Moshe the servant of God laid on Yisra'el in the wilderness. 10 All the princes and all the people rejoiced, and brought in, and cast into the chest, until they had made an end. 11 It was so, that whenever the chest was brought to the king's officers by the hand of the Levites, and when they saw that there was much money, the king's Sofer and the chief Kohen's officer came and emptied the chest, and took it, and carried it to its place again. Thus they did day by day, and gathered money in abundance. 12 The king and Yehoiada gave it to such as did the work of the service of the house of the LORD; and they hired masons and carpenters to restore the house of the LORD, and also such as worked iron and brass to repair the house of the LORD. 13 So the workmen worked, and the work of repairing went forward in their hands, and they set up the house of God in its state, and strengthened it. 14 When they had made an end, they brought the rest of the money before the king and Yehoiada, whereof were made vessels for the house of the LORD, even vessels with which to minister and to offer, and spoons, and vessels of gold and silver. They offered burnt offerings in the house of the LORD continually all the days of Yehoiada. 15 But Yehoiada grew old and was full of days, and he died; one hundred thirty years old was he when he died. 16 They buried him in the city of David among the kings, because he had done good in Yisra'el, and toward God and his house. 17  Now after the death of Yehoiada came the princes of Yehudah, and made obeisance to the king. Then the king listened to them. 18 They forsook the house of the LORD, the God of their fathers, and served the Asherim and the idols: and wrath came on Yehudah and Yerushalayim for this their guiltiness. 19 Yet he sent prophets to them, to bring them again to the LORD; and they testified against them: but they would not give ear. 20 The Spirit of God came on Zekharyah the son of Yehoiada the Kohen; and he stood above the people, and said to them, Thus says God, Why disobey you the mitzvot of the LORD, so that you can't prosper? because you have forsaken the LORD, he has also forsaken you. 21 They conspired against him, and stoned him with stones at the mitzvah of the king in the court of the house of the LORD. 22 Thus Yo'ash the king didn't remember the kindness which Yehoiada his father had done to him, but killed his son. When he died, he said, the LORD look on it, and require it. 23 It happened at the end of the year, that the army of the Aram came up against him: and they came to Yehudah and Yerushalayim, and destroyed all the princes of the people from among the people, and sent all the spoil of them to the king of Dammesek. 24 For the army of the Aram came with a small company of men; and the LORD delivered a very great host into their hand, because they had forsaken the LORD, the God of their fathers. So they executed judgment on Yo'ash. 25 When they were departed for him (for they left him very sick), his own servants conspired against him for the blood of the sons of Yehoiada the Kohen, and killed him on his bed, and he died; and they buried him in the city of David, but they didn't bury him in the tombs of the kings. 26 These are those who conspired against him: Zavad the son of Shim`at the `Ammonite, and Yehozavad the son of Shimrit the Mo'avite. 27  Now concerning his sons, and the greatness of the burdens [laid] on him, and the rebuilding of the house of God, behold, they are written in the commentary of the book of the kings. Amatzyah his son reigned in his place.


25:1 Amatzyah was twenty-five years old when he began to reign; and he reigned twenty-nine years in Yerushalayim: and his mother's name was Yeho`addan, of Yerushalayim. 2 He did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, but not with a perfect heart. 3 Now it happened, when the kingdom was established to him, that he killed his servants who had killed the king his father. 4 But he didn't put their children to death, but did according to that which is written in the law in the book of Moshe, as the LORD commanded, saying, The fathers shall not die for the children, neither shall the children die for the fathers; but every man shall die for his own sin. 5 Moreover Amatzyah gathered Yehudah together, and ordered them according to their fathers' houses, under captains of thousands and captains of hundreds, even all Yehudah and Binyamin: and he numbered them from twenty years old and upward, and found them three hundred thousand chosen men, able to go forth to war, who could handle spear and shield. 6 He hired also one hundred thousand mighty men of valor out of Yisra'el for one hundred talents of silver. 7  But there came a man of God to him, saying, O king, don't let the army of Yisra'el go with you; for the LORD is not with Yisra'el, [to wit], with all the children of Efrayim. 8 But if you will go, do [valiantly], be strong for the battle: God will cast you down before the enemy; for God has power to help, and to cast down. 9 Amatzyah said to the man of God, But what shall we do for the hundred talents which I have given to the army of Yisra'el? The man of God answered, the LORD is able to give you much more than this. 10 Then Amatzyah separated them, [to wit], the army that had come to him out of Efrayim, to go home again: therefore their anger was greatly kindled against Yehudah, and they returned home in fierce anger. 11 Amatzyah took courage, and led forth his people, and went to the Valley of Salt, and struck of the children of Se`ir ten thousand. 12 [other] ten thousand did the children of Yehudah carry away alive, and brought them to the top of the rock, and cast them down from the top of the rock, so that they all were broken in pieces. 13 But the men of the army whom Amatzyah sent back, that they should not go with him to battle, fell on the cities of Yehudah, from Shomron even to Beit-Horon, and struck of them three thousand, and took much spoil. 14 Now it happened, after that Amatzyah was come from the slaughter of the Edom, that he brought the gods of the children of Se`ir, and set them up to be his gods, and bowed down himself before them, and burned incense to them. 15 Therefore the anger of the LORD was kindled against Amatzyah, and he sent to him a prophet, who said to him, Why have you sought after the gods of the people, which have not delivered their own people out of your hand? 16 It happened, as he talked with him, that [the king] said to him, Have we made you of the king's counsel? Stop! Why should you be struck down? Then the prophet stopped, and said, I know that God has determined to destroy you, because you have done this, and have not listened to my counsel. 17 Then Amatzyah king of Yehudah took advice, and sent to Yo'ash, the son of Yeho'achaz the son of Yehu, king of Yisra'el, saying, Come, let us look one another in the face. 18 Yo'ash king of Yisra'el sent to Amatzyah king of Yehudah, saying, The thistle that was in Levanon sent to the cedar that was in Levanon, saying, Give your daughter to my son as wife: and there passed by a wild animal that was in Levanon, and trod down the thistle. 19 You say, Behold, you have struck Edom; and your heart lifts you up to boast: abide now at home; why should you meddle to [your] hurt, that you should fall, even you, and Yehudah with you? 20 But Amatzyah would not hear; for it was of God, that he might deliver them into the hand [of their enemies], because they had sought after the gods of Edom. 21 So Yo'ash king of Yisra'el went up; and he and Amatzyah king of Yehudah looked one another in the face at Beit-Shemesh, which belongs to Yehudah. 22 Yehudah was put to the worse before Yisra'el; and they fled every man to his tent. 23 Yo'ash king of Yisra'el took Amatzyah king of Yehudah, the son of Yo'ash the son of Yeho'achaz, at Beit-Shemesh, and brought him to Yerushalayim, and broke down the wall of Yerushalayim from the gate of Efrayim to the corner gate, four hundred cubits. 24 [He took] all the gold and silver, and all the vessels that were found in the house of God with `Oved-'Edom, and the treasures of the king's house, the hostages also, and returned to Shomron. 25 Amatzyah the son of Yo'ash king of Yehudah lived after the death of Yo'ash son of Yeho'achaz king of Yisra'el fifteen years. 26 Now the rest of the acts of Amatzyah, first and last, behold, aren't they written in the book of the kings of Yehudah and Yisra'el? 27  Now from the time that Amatzyah did turn away from following the LORD they made a conspiracy against him in Yerushalayim; and he fled to Lakhish: but they sent after him to Lakhish, and killed him there. 28 They brought him on horses, and buried him with his fathers in the city of Yehudah.



NEW TESTAMENT: ROMANS 12:1 - 21


12:1 Therefore I beg you, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service. 

2 Don't be fashioned according to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God. 

3 For I say, through the grace that was given me, to every man who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think reasonably, as God has apportioned to each person a measure of faith. 

4 For even as we have many members in one body, and all the members don't have the same function, 

5 so we, who are many, are one body in Messiah, and individually members one of another.

6 Having gifts differing according to the grace that was given to us, if prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of our faith;

7  or service, let us give ourselves to service; or he who teaches, to his teaching; 

8 or he who exhorts, to his exhorting: he who gives, let him do it with liberality; he who rules, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness. 

9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor that which is evil. Cling to that which is good. 

10 In love of the brothers be tenderly affectionate one to another; in honor preferring one another; 

11 not lagging in diligence; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord; 

12 rejoicing in hope; enduring in oppression; continuing steadfastly in prayer; 

13 contributing to the needs of the holy ones; given to hospitality. 

14 Bless those who persecute you; bless, and don't curse. 

15 Rejoice with those who rejoice. Weep with those who weep. 

16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Don't set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Don't be wise in your own conceits. 

17  Repay no one evil for evil. Respect what is honorable in the sight of all men. 

18 If it is possible, as much as it is up to you, be at shalom with all men. 

19 Don't seek revenge yourselves, beloved, but give place to God's wrath. For it is written, "Vengeance belongs to me; I will repay, says the Lord." 

20 Therefore "If your enemy is hungry, feed him. If he is thirsty, give him a drink. For in doing so, you will heap coals of fire on his head." 

21 Don't be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment