Thursday, May 13, 2021

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation – May 13 – Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 














MAY 13



PSALMS: 13, 43, 73, 103, 133


PROVERBS: 13


OLD TESTAMENT: 2 CHRONICLES 32:1 - 33:13


NEW TESTAMENT: ROMANS 15:23 - 16:9



PSALMS: 13


1 How long, LORD?

Will you forget me forever?

How long will you hide your face from me? 

2 How long shall I take counsel in my soul,

Having sorrow in my heart every day?

How long shall my enemy triumph over me? 

3 Behold, and answer me, LORD, my God.

Give light to my eyes, lest I sleep in death; 

4 Lest my enemy say, "I have prevailed against him;

" Lest my adversaries rejoice when I fall. 

5 But I trust in your loving kindness.

My heart rejoices in your yeshu`ah.

6 I will sing to the LORD,

Because he has been good to me.



PSALMS: 43


1 Vindicate me, God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation.

Oh, deliver me from deceitful and wicked men. 

2 For you are the God of my strength.

Why have you rejected me?

Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy? 

3 Oh, send out your light and your truth.

Let them lead me. Let them bring me to your holy hill,

To your tents. 

4 Then I will go to the altar of God,

To God, my exceeding joy.

I will praise you on the harp, God, my God. 

5 Why are you in despair, my soul?

Why are you disturbed within me? Hope in God!

For I shall still praise him,

The saving help of my face, and my God.



PSALMS: 73


1 Surely God is good to Yisra'el,

To those who are pure in heart.

2 But as for me, my feet were almost gone.

My steps had nearly slipped. 

3 For I was envious of the arrogant,

When I saw the prosperity of the wicked. 

4 For there are no struggles in their death,

But their strength is firm. 

5 They are free from burdens of men,

Neither are they plagued like other men. 

6 Therefore pride is like a chain around their neck.

Violence covers them like a garment. 

7 Their eyes bulge with fat.

Their minds pass the limits of conceit. 

8 They scoff and speak with malice.

In arrogance, they threaten oppression. 

9 They have set their mouth in the heavens.

Their tongue walks through the eretz. 

10 Therefore their people return to them,

And they drink up waters of abundance. 

11 They say, "How does God know?

Is there knowledge in Ha`Elyon?" 

12 Behold, these are the wicked.

Being always at ease, they increase in riches.

13 Surely in vain I have cleansed my heart,

And washed my hands in innocence, 

14 For all day long have I been plagued,

And punished every morning. 

15 If I had said, "I will speak thus;"

Behold, I would have betrayed the generation of your children. 

16 When I tried to understand this,

It was too painful for me; 

17  Until I entered God's sanctuary,

And considered their latter end. 

18 Surely you set them in slippery places.

You throw them down to destruction. 

19 How they are suddenly destroyed!

They are completely swept away with terrors. 

20 As a dream when one wakes up,

So, Lord, when you awake, you will despise their fantasies. 

21 For my soul was grieved.

I was embittered in my heart. 

22 I was so senseless and ignorant.

I was a brute beast before you. 

23 Nevertheless, I am continually with you.

You have held my right hand. 

24 You will guide me with your counsel,

And afterward receive me to glory. 

25 Who do I have in heaven?

There is no one on eretz who I desire besides you. 

26 My flesh and my heart fails,

But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 

27 For, behold, those who are far from you shall perish.

You have destroyed all those who are unfaithful to you. 

28 But it is good for me to come close to God.

I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,

That I may tell of all your works.



PSALMS: 103


1 Praise the LORD, my soul!

All that is within me, praise his holy name! 

2 Praise the LORD, my soul,

And don't forget all his benefits;

3 Who forgives all your sins;

Who heals all your diseases; 

4 Who redeems your life from destruction;

Who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies; 

5 Who satisfies your desire with good things,

So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. 

6 The LORD executes righteous acts,

And justice for all who are oppressed.

7 He made known his ways to Moshe,

His deeds to the children of Yisra'el. 

8 The LORD is merciful and gracious,

Slow to anger, and abundant in loving kindness. 

9 He will not always accuse;

Neither will he stay angry forever. 

10 He has not dealt with us according to our sins,

Nor rewarded us for our iniquities. 

11 For as the heavens are high above the eretz,

So great is his loving kindness toward those who fear him. 

12 As far as the east is from the west,

So far has he removed our transgressions from us. 

13 Like a father has compassion on his children,

So the LORD has compassion on those who fear him. 

14 For he knows how we are made.

He remembers that we are dust. 

15 As for man, his days are like grass.

As a flower of the field, so he flourishes. 

16 For the wind passes over it, and it is gone.

Its place remembers it no more. 

17 But the LORD's loving kindness is from everlasting

to everlasting with those who fear him,

His righteousness to children's children; 

18 To those who keep his covenant,

To those who remember to obey his precepts. 

19 The LORD has established his throne in the heavens.

His kingdom rules over all. 

20 Praise the LORD, you angels of his,

Who are mighty in strength, who fulfill his word,

Obeying the voice of his word. 

21 Praise the LORD, all you hosts of his,

You servants of his, who do his pleasure. 

22 Praise the LORD, all you works of his,

In all places of his dominion.

Praise the LORD, my soul.



PSALMS: 133


1 See how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to live together in unity! 

2 It is like the precious oil on the head,

That ran down on the beard,

Even Aharon's beard;

That came down on the edge of his robes; 

3 Like the dew of Hermon,

That comes down on the hills of Tziyon:

For there the LORD gives the blessing,

Even life forevermore.



PROVERBS: 13


1 A wise son listens to his father's instruction,

But a scoffer doesn't listen to rebuke. 

2 By the fruit of his lips, a man enjoys good things;

But the unfaithful crave violence. 

3 He who guards his mouth guards his soul.

One who opens wide his lips comes to ruin. 

4 The soul of the sluggard desires, and has nothing,

But the desire of the diligent shall be fully satisfied. 

5 A righteous man hates lies,

But a wicked man brings shame and disgrace. 

6 Righteousness guards the way of integrity,

But wickedness overthrows the sinner. 

7 There are some who pretend to be rich, yet have nothing.

There are some who pretend to be poor, yet have great wealth. 

8 The ransom of a man's life is his riches,

But the poor hears no threats. 

9 The light of the righteous shines brightly,

But the lamp of the wicked is snuffed out. 

10 By pride comes only quarrels,

But with ones who take advice is wisdom. 

11 Wealth gained dishonestly dwindles away,

But he who gathers by hand makes it grow. 

12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick,

But when longing is fulfilled, it is a tree of life. 

13 Whoever despises instruction will pay for it,

But he who respects a command will be rewarded. 

14 The teaching of the wise is a spring of life,

To turn from the snares of death. 

15 Good understanding wins favor;

But the way of the unfaithful is hard. 

16 Every prudent man acts from knowledge,

But a fool exposes folly. 

17 A wicked messenger falls into trouble,

But a trustworthy envoy gains healing.

18 Poverty and shame come to him who refuses discipline,

But he who heeds correction shall be honored. 

19 Longing fulfilled is sweet to the soul,

But fools detest turning from evil. 

20 One who walks with wise men grows wise,

But a companion of fools suffers harm.

21 Misfortune pursues sinners,

But prosperity rewards the righteous. 

22 A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children,

But the wealth of the sinner is stored for the righteous. 

23 An abundance of food is in poor people's fields,

But injustice sweeps it away. 

24 One who spares the rod hates his son,

But one who loves him is careful to discipline him. 

25 The righteous one eats to the satisfying of his soul,

But the belly of the wicked goes hungry.



OLD TESTAMENT: 2 CHRONICLES 32:1 - 33:13


32:1 After these things, and this faithfulness, Sancheriv king of Ashshur came, and entered into Yehudah, and encamped against the fortified cities, and thought to win them for himself. 2 When Hizkiyahu saw that Sancheriv was come, and that he was purposed to fight against Yerushalayim, 3 he took counsel with his princes and his mighty men to stop the waters of the springs which were outside of the city; and they helped him. 4 So there was gathered much people together, and they stopped all the springs, and the brook that flowed through the midst of the land, saying, Why should the kings of Ashshur come, and find much water? 5 He took courage, and built up all the wall that was broken down, and raised [it] up to the towers, and the other wall outside, and strengthened Millo [in] the city of David, and made weapons and shields in abundance. 6 He set captains of war over the people, and gathered them together to him in the broad place at the gate of the city, and spoke comfortably to them, saying, 7 Be strong and of good courage, don't be afraid nor dismayed for the king of Ashshur, nor for all the multitude who is with him; for there is a greater with us than with him: 8 with him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the LORD our God to help us, and to fight our battles. The people rested themselves on the words of Hizkiyahu king of Yehudah. 9 After this did Sancheriv king of Ashshur send his servants to Yerushalayim, (now he was before Lakhish, and all his power with him,) to Hizkiyahu king of Yehudah, and to all Yehudah who were at Yerushalayim, saying, 10 Thus says Sancheriv king of Ashshur, Whereon do you trust, that you abide the siege in Yerushalayim? 11 Does not Hizkiyahu persuade you, to give you over to die by famine and by thirst, saying, the LORD our God will deliver us out of the hand of the king of Ashshur? 12 Has not the same Hizkiyahu taken away his high places and his altars, and commanded Yehudah and Yerushalayim, saying, You shall worship before one altar, and on it shall you burn incense? 13 Don't you know what I and my fathers have done to all the peoples of the lands? Were the gods of the nations of the lands in any wise able to deliver their land out of my hand? 14 Who was there among all the gods of those nations which my fathers utterly destroyed, that could deliver his people out of my hand, that your God should be able to deliver you out of my hand? 15 Now therefore don't let Hizkiyahu deceive you, nor persuade you after this manner, neither believe you him; for no god of any nation or kingdom was able to deliver his people out of my hand, and out of the hand of my fathers: how much less shall your God deliver you out of my hand? 16 His servants spoke yet more against the LORD God, and against his servant Hizkiyahu. 17 He wrote also letters, to rail on the LORD, the God of Yisra'el, and to speak against him, saying, As the gods of the nations of the lands, which have not delivered their people out of my hand, so shall the God of Hizkiyahu not deliver his people out of my hand. 18 They cried with a loud voice in the Yehudim' language to the people of Yerushalayim who were on the wall, to frighten them, and to trouble them; that they might take the city. 19 They spoke of the God of Yerushalayim, as of the gods of the peoples of the eretz, which are the work of men's hands. 20 Hizkiyahu the king, and Yesha`yahu the prophet the son of Amotz, prayed because of this, and cried to heaven. 21 The LORD sent an angel, who cut off all the mighty men of valor, and the leaders and captains, in the camp of the king of Ashshur. So he returned with shame of face to his own land. When he was come into the house of his god, those who came forth from his own bowels killed him there with the sword. 22 Thus the LORD saved Hizkiyahu and the inhabitants of Yerushalayim from the hand of Sancheriv the king of Ashshur, and from the hand of all [others], and guided them on every side. 23 Many brought gifts to the LORD to Yerushalayim, and precious things to Hizkiyahu king of Yehudah; so that he was exalted in the sight of all nations from thenceforth. 24 In those days Hizkiyahu was sick even to death: and he prayed to the LORD; and he spoke to him, and gave him a sign. 25 But Hizkiyahu didn't render again according to the benefit done to him; for his heart was lifted up: therefore there was wrath on him, and on Yehudah and Yerushalayim. 26 Notwithstanding Hizkiyahu humbled himself for the pride of his heart, both he and the inhabitants of Yerushalayim, so that the wrath of the LORD didn't come on them in the days of Hizkiyahu. 27 Hizkiyahu had exceeding much riches and honor: and he provided him treasuries for silver, and for gold, and for precious stones, and for spices, and for shields, and for all manner of goodly vessels; 28 store-houses also for the increase of grain and new wine and oil; and stalls for all manner of animals, and flocks in folds. 

29 Moreover he provided him cities, and possessions of flocks and herds in abundance; for God had given him very much substance. 30 This same Hizkiyahu also stopped the upper spring of the waters of Gichon, and brought them straight down on the west side of the city of David. Hizkiyahu prospered in all his works. 31 However in [the business of] the ambassadors of the princes of Bavel, who sent to him to inquire of the wonder that was done in the land, God left him, to try him, that he might know all that was in his heart. 32 Now the rest of the acts of Hizkiyahu, and his good deeds, behold, they are written in the vision of Yesha`yahu the prophet the son of Amotz, in the book of the kings of Yehudah and Yisra'el. 33 Hizkiyahu slept with his fathers, and they buried him in the ascent of the tombs of the sons of David: and all Yehudah and the inhabitants of Yerushalayim did him honor at his death. Menashsheh his son reigned in his place.


33:1 Menashsheh was twelve years old when he began to reign; and he reigned fifty-five years in Yerushalayim. 2 He did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD, after the abominations of the nations whom the LORD cast out before the children of Yisra'el. 3 For he built again the high places which Hizkiyahu his father had broken down; and he reared up altars for the Ba`alim, and made Asherot, and worshiped all the host of the sky, and served them. 4 He built altars in the house of the LORD, whereof the LORD said, In Yerushalayim shall my name be forever. 5 He built altars for all the host of the sky in the two courts of the house of the LORD. 6 He also made his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom; and he practiced sorcery, and used enchantments, and practiced sorcery, and dealt with those who had familiar spirits, and with wizards: he worked much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger. 7  He set the engraved image of the idol, which he had made, in the house of God, of which God said to David and to Shlomo his son, In this house, and in Yerushalayim, which I have chosen out of all the tribes of Yisra'el, will I put my name forever: 8 neither will I any more remove the foot of Yisra'el from off the land which I have appointed for your fathers, if only they will observe to do all that I have commanded them, even all the law and the statutes and the ordinances [given] by Moshe. 9 Menashsheh seduced Yehudah and the inhabitants of Yerushalayim, so that they did evil more than did the nations whom the LORD destroyed before the children of Yisra'el. 10 The LORD spoke to Menashsheh, and to his people; but they gave no heed. 11 Therefore the LORD brought on them the captains of the host of the king of Ashshur, who took Menashsheh in chains, and bound him with fetters, and carried him to Bavel. 12 When he was in distress, he begged the LORD his God, and humbled himself greatly before the God of his fathers. 13 He prayed to him; and he was entreated of him, and heard his supplication, and brought him again to Yerushalayim into his kingdom. Then Menashsheh knew that the LORD he was God.



NEW TESTAMENT: ROMANS 15:23 - 16:9


15:23 but now, no longer having any place in these regions, and having these many years a longing to come to you, 24 whenever I journey to Spain, I will come to you. For I hope to see you on my journey, and to be helped on my way there by you, if first I may enjoy your company for a while. 25 But now, I say, I am going to Yerushalayim, serving the holy ones. 26 For it has been the good pleasure of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor among the holy ones who are at Yerushalayim. 27  Yes, it has been their good pleasure, and they are their debtors. For if the Goyim have been made partakers of their spiritual things, they owe it to them also to serve them in fleshly things. 28 When therefore I have accomplished this, and have sealed to them this fruit, I will go on by you to Spain. 29 I know that, when I come to you, I will come in the fullness of the blessing of the Good News of Messiah. 30 Now I beg you, brothers, by our Lord Yeshua the Messiah, and by the love of the Spirit, that you strive together with me in your prayers to God for me, 31 that I may be delivered from those who are disobedient in Yehudah, and that my service which I have for Yerushalayim may be acceptable to the holy ones; 32 that I may come to you in joy through the will of God, and together with you, find rest. 33 Now the God of shalom be with you all. Amein.


16:1 I commend to you Phoebe, our sister, who is a servant of the assembly that is at Cenchreae, 2 that you receive her in the Lord, in a way worthy of the holy ones, and that you assist her in whatever matter she may need from you, for she herself also has been a helper of many, and of my own self. 3 Greet Prisca and Aquila, my fellow workers in Messiah Yeshua, 4 who for my life, laid down their own necks; to whom not only I give thanks, but also all the assemblies of the Goyim. 5 Greet the assembly that is in their house. Greet Epaenetus, my beloved, who is the first fruits of Achaia to Messiah. 6 Greet Miryam, who labored much for us. 7  Greet Andronicus and Junias, my relatives and my fellow prisoners, who are notable among the apostles, who also have been in Messiah before me. 8 Greet Amplias, my beloved in the Lord. 9 Greet Urbanus, our fellow worker in Messiah, and Stachys, my beloved.


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment