Saturday, June 5, 2021

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - June 5 - Full Text - Shabbat Shalom!

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 















JUNE 5



PSALMS: 5, 35, 65, 95, 125


PROVERBS: 5


OLD TESTAMENT: JOB 16:1 - 19:29


NEW TESTAMENT: 1 CORITHIANS 16:1 - 24



PSALMS: 5


1 For the leader.

On wind instruments.

A psalm of David:

Give ear to my words,

ADONAI, consider my inmost thoughts. 

2 Listen to my cry for help,

my king and my God, for I pray to you. 

3 ADONAI, in the morning you will hear my voice;

in the morning I lay my needs before you and wait expectantly. 

4 For you are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness;

evil cannot remain with you. 

5 Those who brag cannot stand before your eyes,

you hate all who do evil, 

6 you destroy those who tell lies,

ADONAI detests men of blood and deceivers. 

7 But I can enter your house because of your great grace and love;

I will bow down toward your holy temple in reverence for you. 

8 Lead me, ADONAI, in your righteousness

because of those lying in wait for me;

make your way straight before me. 

9 For in their mouths there is nothing sincere,

within them are calamities, their throats are open tombs,

they flatter with their tongues. 

10 God, declare them guilty!

Let them fall through their own intrigues,

For their many crimes, throw them down;

since they have rebelled against you.

11 But let all who take refuge in you rejoice,

let them forever shout for joy!

Shelter them;

and they will be glad,

those who love your name.

12 For you, ADONAI, bless the righteous;

you surround them with favor like a shield.



PSALMS: 35


1 By David: ADONAI, oppose those who oppose me;

fight against those who fight against me. 

2 Grasp your shield and protective gear,

and rise to my defense. 

3 Brandish spear and battle-axe against my pursuers;

let me hear you say, "I am your salvation." 

4 May those who seek my life be disgraced and put to confusion;

may those who are plotting harm for me be repulsed and put to shame. 

5 May they be like chaff before the wind,

with the angel of ADONAI to drive them on. 

6 May their way be dark and slippery,

with the angel of ADONAI to pursue them. 

7 For unprovoked, they hid their net over a pit;

unprovoked, they dug it for me. 

8 May destruction come over him unawares.

May the net he concealed catch himself;

may he fall into it and be destroyed. 

9 Then I will be joyful in ADONAI,

I will rejoice in his salvation. 

10 All my bones will say, "Who is like you?

Who can rescue the weak from those stronger than they,

the poor and needy from those who exploit them?" 

11 Malicious witnesses come forward,

asking me things about which I know nothing. 

12 They repay me evil for good;

it makes me feel desolate as a parent bereaved. 

13 But I, when they were ill, wore sackcloth;

I put myself out and fasted;

I can pray that what I prayed for them might also happen to me. 

14 I behaved as I would for my friend or my brother;

I bent down in sorrow as if mourning my mother. 

15 But when I stumble, they gather in glee;

they gather against me and strike me unawares;

they tear me apart unceasingly. 

16 With ungodly mocking and grimacing,

they grind their teeth at me. 

17 Adonai, how much longer will you look on?

Rescue me from their assaults, save the one life I have from the lions! 

18 I will give you thanks in the great assembly,

I will give you praise among huge crowds of people.

19 Don't let those who are wrongfully my enemies gloat over me;

and those who hate me unprovoked -don't let them smirk at me. 

20 For they don't speak words of peace but devise ways

to deceive the peaceful of the land. 

21 They shout to accuse me,

"Aha! Aha! we saw you with our own eyes!" 

22 You saw them, ADONAI;

don't stay silent.

Adonai, don't stay far away from me. 

23 Wake up! Get up, my God, my Lord!

Defend me and my cause! 

24 Give judgment for me, ADONAI, my God,

as your righteousness demands.

Don't let them gloat over me. 

25 Don't let them say to themselves,

"Aha! We got what we wanted!"

or say, "We swallowed them up!" 

26 May those who gloat over my distress be disgraced and humiliated.

May those who aggrandize themselves at my expense be covered

with shame and confusion. 

27  But may those who delight in my righteousness

shout for joy and be glad!

Let them say always, "How great is ADONAI,

who delights in the peace of his servant!

"Then my tongue will tell of your righteousness

and praise you all day long.



PSALMS: 65


1 For the leader. A psalm of David.

A song: To you, God, in Tziyon, silence is praise;

and vows to you are to be fulfilled. 

2 You who listen to prayer,

to you all living creatures come. 

3 When deeds of wickedness overwhelm me,

you will atone for our crimes. 

4 How blessed are those you choose and bring near,

so that they can remain in your courtyards!

We will be satisfied with the goodness of your house,

the Holy Place of your temple. 

5 It is just that you answer us with awesome deeds,

God of our salvation, you in whom all put their trust,

to the ends of the earth and on distant seas. 

6 By your strength you set up the mountains.

You are clothed with power. 

7 You still the roaring of the seas,

their crashing waves, and the peoples' turmoil. 

8 This is why those living at the ends of the earth stand in awe of your signs.

The places where the sun rises and sets you cause to sing for joy. 

9 You care for the earth and water it, you enrich it greatly;

with the river of God, full of water,

you provide them grain and prepare the ground. 

10 Soaking its furrows and settling its soil,

you soften it with showers and bless its growth. 

11 You crown the year with your goodness,

your tracks overflow with richness. 

12The desert pastures drip water,

the hills are wrapped with joy, 

13 the meadows are clothed with flocks and the valleys blanketed with grain,

so they shout for joy and break into song.



PSALMS: 95


1 Come, let's sing to ADONAI!

Let's shout for joy to the Rock of our salvation! 

2 Let's come into his presence with thanksgiving;

let's shout for joy to him with songs of praise. 

3 For ADONAI is a great God,

a great king greater than all gods. 

4 He holds the depths of the earth in his hands;

the mountain peaks too belong to him. 

5 The sea is his - he made it -and

his hands shaped the dry land. 

6 Come, let's bow down and worship;

let's kneel before ADONAI who made us. 

7 For he is our God, and we are the people in his pasture, the sheep in his care.

If only today you would listen to his voice: 

8 "Don't harden your hearts, as you did at M'rivah,

as you did on that day at Massah in the desert, 

9 when your fathers put me to the test;

they challenged me, even though they saw my work. 

10 For forty years I loathed that generation;

I said, 'This is a people whose hearts go astray,

they don't understand how I do things.' 

11 Therefore I swore in my anger

that they would not enter my rest."



PSALMS: 125


1 A song of ascents:

Those who trust in ADONAI are like Mount Tziyon,

which cannot be moved but remains forever. 

2 Yerushalayim!

Mountains all around it!

Thus ADONAI is around his people henceforth and forever. 

3 For the scepter of wickedness will not rule the inheritance of the righteous,

so that the righteous will not themselves turn their hands to evil. 

4 Do good, ADONAI, to the good, to those upright in their hearts. 

5 But as for those who turn aside to their own crooked ways,

may ADONAI turn them away, along with those who do evil.

Shalom on Isra'el!



PROVERBS: 5


1 My son, pay attention to my wisdom;

incline your ear to my understanding; 

2 so that you will preserve discretion

and your lips keep watch over knowledge. 

3 For the lips of a woman who is a stranger drop honey,

her mouth is smoother than oil; 

4 but in the end she is as bitter as wormwood,

sharp as a double-edged sword.

5 Her feet go down to death, her steps lead straight to Sh'ol; 

6she doesn't walk the level path of life -her course wanders all over,

but she doesn't know it. 

7 So now, children, listen to me;

don't turn away from what I am saying: 

8 distance your way from her,

stay far from the door of her house; 

9 so that you won't give your vigor to others

and your years to someone who is cruel, 

10 so strangers won't be filled with your strength

and what you worked for go to a foreign house. 

11 Then, when your flesh and bones have shrunk,

at the end of your life, you would moan, 

12 "How I hated discipline!

My whole being despised reproof, 

13 I ignored what my teachers said,

I didn't listen to my instructors. 

14 I took part in almost every kind of evil,

and the whole community knew it." 

15 Drink the water from your own cistern, f

resh water from your own well. 

16 Let what your springs produce be dispersed outside,

streams of water flowing in the streets; 

17 but let them be for you alone

and not for strangers with you. 

18 Let your fountain, the wife of your youth, be blessed;

find joy in her 

19 a lovely deer, a graceful fawn;

let her breasts satisfy you at all times,

always be infatuated with her love. 

20 My son, why be infatuated with an unknown woman?

Why embrace the body of a loose woman? 

21 For ADONAI is watching a man's ways;

he surveys all his paths. 

22 A wicked person's own crimes will trap him,

he will be held fast by the ropes of his sin. 

23 He will die from lack of discipline;

the magnitude of his folly will make him totter and fall.



OLD TESTAMENT: JOB 16:1 - 19:29


16:1 Then Iyov answered, 2 "I have heard many such things. Miserable comforters are you all! 3 Shall vain words have an end? Or what provokes you that you answer? 4 I also could speak as you do. If your soul were in my soul's place, I could join words together against you, And shake my head at you. 5 But I would strengthen you with my mouth. The solace of my lips would relieve you. 6 "Though I speak, my grief is not subsided. Though I forbear, what am I eased? 7  But now, God, you have surely worn me out. You have made desolate all my company. 8 You have shriveled me up. This is a witness against me. My leanness rises up against me, It testifies to my face. 9 He has torn me in his wrath, and persecuted me; He has gnashed on me with his teeth: My adversary sharpens his eyes on me. 10 They have gaped on me with their mouth; They have struck me on the cheek reproachfully. They gather themselves together against me. 11 God delivers me to the ungodly, And casts me into the hands of the wicked. 12 I was at ease, and he broke me apart. Yes, he has taken me by the neck, and dashed me to pieces. He has also set me up for his target. 13 His archers surround me. He splits my kidneys apart, and does not spare. He pours out my gall on the ground. 14 He breaks me with breach on breach. He runs on me like a Rafa. 15 I have sewed sackcloth on my skin, And have thrust my horn in the dust. 16 My face is red with weeping. Deep darkness is on my eyelids. 17 Although there is no violence in my hands, And my prayer is pure. 18 "Eretz, don't cover my blood, Let my cry have no place to rest. 19 Even now, behold, my witness is in heaven. He who vouches for me is on high. 20 My friends scoff at me. My eyes pour out tears to God, 21 That he would maintain the right of a man with God, Of a son of man with his neighbor! 22 For when a few years are come, I shall go the way from whence I shall not return.


17:1 "My spirit is consumed, my days are extinct, And the grave is ready for me. 2 Surely there are mockers with me, My eye dwells on their provocation. 3 "Now give a pledge, be collateral for me with yourself. Who is there who will strike hands with me? 4 For you have hidden their heart from understanding, Therefore shall you not exalt them. 5 He who denounces his friends for a prey, Even the eyes of his children shall fail. 6 "But he has made me a byword of the people. They spit in my face. 7 My eye also is dim by reason of sorrow. All my members are as a shadow. 8 Upright men shall be astonished at this. The innocent shall stir up himself against the godless. 9 Yet shall the righteous hold on his way. He who has clean hands shall grow stronger and stronger. 10 But as for you all, come on now again; I shall not find a wise man among you. 11 My days are past, my plans are broken off, As are the thoughts of my heart. 12 They change the night into day, Saying 'The light is near' in the presence of darkness. 13 If I look for She'ol as my house, If I have spread my couch in the darkness, 14 If I have said to corruption, 'You are my father;' To the worm, 'My mother,' and 'my sister;' 15 Where then is my hope? As for my hope, who shall see it? 16 Shall it go down with me to the gates of She'ol, Or descend together into the dust?"


18:1 Then Bildad the Shuchite answered, 2 "How long will you hunt for words? Consider, and afterwards we will speak. 3 Why are we counted as animals, Which have become unclean in your sight? 4 You who tear yourself in your anger, Shall the eretz be forsaken for you? Or shall the rock be removed out of its place? 5 "Yes, the light of the wicked shall be put out, The spark of his fire shall not shine. 6 The light shall be dark in his tent, His lamp above him shall be put out. 7 The steps of his strength shall be shortened, His own counsel shall cast him down. 8 For he is cast into a net by his own feet, And he wanders into its mesh. 9 A snare shall take him by the heel; A trap shall lay hold on him. 10 A noose is hidden for him in the ground, A trap for him in the way. 11 Terrors shall make him afraid on every side, And shall chase him at his heels. 12 His strength shall be famished, Calamity shall be ready at his side. 13 The members of his body shall be devoured, The firstborn of death shall devour his members. 14 He shall be rooted out of his tent where he trusts. He shall be brought to the king of terrors. 15 There shall dwell in his tent that which is none of his. Sulfur shall be scattered on his habitation. 16 His roots shall be dried up beneath, Above shall his branch be cut off. 17  His memory shall perish from the eretz. He shall have no name in the street. 18 He shall be driven from light into darkness, And chased out of the world. 19 He shall have neither son nor grandson among his people, Nor any remaining where he sojourned. 20 Those who come after shall be astonished at his day, As those who went before were frightened. 21 Surely such are the dwellings of the unrighteous, This is the place of him who doesn't know God."


19:1 Then Iyov answered, 2 "How long will you torment me, And crush me with words? 3 You have reproached me ten times. You aren't ashamed that you attack me. 4 If it is true that I have erred, My error remains with myself. 5 If indeed you will magnify yourselves against me, And plead against me my reproach; 6 Know now that God has subverted me, And has surrounded me with his net. 7 "Behold, I cry out of wrong, but I am not heard: I cry for help, but there is no justice. 8 He has walled up my way so that I can't pass, And has set darkness in my paths. 9 He has stripped me of my glory, And taken the crown from my head. 10 He has broken me down on every side, and I am gone. My hope he has plucked up like a tree. 11 He has also kindled his wrath against me. He counts me among his adversaries. 12 His troops come on together, Build a siege ramp against me, And encamp around my tent. 13 "He has put my brothers far from me. My acquaintances are wholly estranged from me. 14 My relatives have gone away. My familiar friends have forgotten me. 15 Those who dwell in my house, and my maids, count me for a stranger. I am an alien in their sight. 16 I call to my servant, and he gives me no answer; I beg him with my mouth. 17 My breath is offensive to my wife. I am loathsome to the children of my own mother. 18 Even young children despise me. If I arise, they speak against me. 19 All my familiar friends abhor me. They whom I loved have turned against me. 20 My bones stick to my skin and to my flesh. I have escaped by the skin of my teeth. 21 "Have pity on me, have pity on me, you my friends; For the hand of God has touched me. 22 Why do you persecute me as God, And are not satisfied with my flesh? 23 "Oh that my words were now written! Oh that they were inscribed in a book! 24 That with an iron pen and lead They were engraved in the rock forever! 25 But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives. In the end, he will stand upon the eretz. 26 After my skin is destroyed, Then in my flesh shall I see God, 27 Whom I, even I, shall see on my side. My eyes shall see, and not as a stranger. "My heart is consumed within me. 28 If you say, 'How we will persecute him!' Because the root of the matter is found in me, 29 Be afraid of the sword, For wrath brings the punishments of the sword, That you may know there is a judgment."




NEW TESTAMENT: 1 CORITHIANS 16:1 - 24


16:1 Now concerning the collection for the holy ones, as I commanded the assemblies of Galatia, you do likewise. 

2 On the first day of the week, let each one of you save, as he may prosper, that no collections be made when I come. 

3 When I arrive, I will send whoever you approve with letters to carry your gracious gift to Yerushalayim. 

4 If it is appropriate for me to go also, they will go with me. 

5 But I will come to you when I have passed through Macedonia, for I am passing through Macedonia. 

6 But with you it may be that I will stay, or even winter, that you may send me on my journey wherever I go.

7  For I do not wish to see you now in passing, but I hope to stay a while with you, if the Lord permits. 

8 But I will stay at Ephesus until Shavu`ot, 

9 for a great and effective door has opened to me, and there are many adversaries. 

10 Now if Timothy comes, see that he is with you without fear, for he does the work of the Lord, as I also do.

11 Therefore let no one despise him. But set him forward on his journey in shalom, that he may come to me; for I expect him with the brothers. 

12 But concerning Apollos, the brother, I begged him much to come to you with the brothers; and it was not all his desire to come now; but he will come when he has an opportunity. 

13 Watch! Stand firm in the faith! Be men! Be strong! 

14 Let all that you do be done in love. 

15 Now I beg you, brothers (you know the house of Stephanas, that it is the first fruits of Achaia, and that they have set themselves to minister to the holy ones), 

16 that you also be in subjection to such, and to everyone who helps in the work and labors.

17  I rejoice at the coming of Stephanas, Fortunatus, and Achaicus; for that which was lacking on your part, they supplied. 

18 For they refreshed my spirit and yours. Therefore acknowledge those who are like that. 

19 The assemblies of Asia greet you. Aquila and Priscilla greet you much in the Lord, together with the assembly that is in their house. 

20 All the brothers greet you. Greet one another with a holy kiss. 

21 This greeting is by me, Sha'ul, with my own hand. 

22 If any man doesn't love the Lord Yeshua the Messiah, let him be accursed. Maranata! 

23 The grace of the Lord Yeshua the Messiah be with you. 

24 My love to all of you in Messiah Yeshua. Amein.


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment