Wednesday, June 9, 2021

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - June 9 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 








JUNE 9



PSALMS: 9, 39, 69, 99, 129


PROVERBS: 9


OLD TESTAMENT: JOB 31:1 - 33:33


NEW TESTAMENT: 2 CORINTHIANS 3:1 - 18



PSALMS: 9


1 I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart.

I will tell of all your marvelous works. 

2 I will be glad and rejoice in you.

I will sing praise to your name, O Elyon. 

3 When my enemies turn back,

They stumble and perish in your presence. 

4 For you have maintained my right and my cause.

You sit on the throne judging righteously. 

5 You have rebuked the nations.

You have destroyed the wicked.

You have blotted out their name forever and ever. 

6 The enemy is overtaken by endless ruin.

The very memory of the cities which you have overthrown has perished. 

7 But the LORD reigns forever.

He has prepared his throne for judgment. 

8 He will judge the world in righteousness.

He will administer judgment to the peoples in uprightness. 

9 The LORD will also be a high tower for the oppressed;

A high tower in times of trouble. 

10 Those who know your name will put their trust in you,

For you, LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you. 

11 Sing praises to the LORD, who dwells in Tziyon,

And declare among the people what he has done.

12 For he who avenges blood remembers them.

He doesn't forget the cry of the afflicted. 

13 Have mercy on me, LORD.

See my affliction by those who hate me,

And lift me up from the gates of death; 

14 That I may show forth all your praise.

In the gates of the daughter of Tziyon I will rejoice in your salvation. 

15 The nations have sunk down in the pit that they made;

In the net which they hid, their own foot is taken. 

16 The LORD has made himself known.

He has executed judgment.

The wicked is snared by the work of his own hands.

Meditation.

Selah. 

17  The wicked shall be turned back to She'ol,

Even all the nations that forget God. 

18 For the needy shall not always be forgotten,

Nor the hope of the poor perish forever. 

19 Arise, LORD! Don't let man prevail.

Let the nations be judged in your sight. 

20 Put them in fear, LORD.

Let the nations know that they are only men.

Selah.



PSALMS: 39


1 I said, "I will watch my ways, so that I don't sin with my tongue.

I will keep my mouth with a bridle while the wicked is before me." 

2 I was mute with silence.

I held my shalom, even from good.

My sorrow was stirred. 

3 My heart was hot within me.

While I meditated, the fire burned:

I spoke with my tongue: 

4 "LORD, make me to know my end,

What is the measure of my days.

Let me know how frail I am. 

5 Behold, you have made my days hand breadths.

My lifetime is as nothing before you.

Surely every man stands as a breath."

Selah. 

6"Surely every man walks like a shadow.

Surely they busy themselves in vain.

He heaps up, and doesn't know who shall gather. 

7 Now, Lord, what do I wait for?

My hope is in you. 

8 Deliver me from all my transgressions.

Don't make me the reproach of the foolish. 

9 I was mute, I didn't open my mouth,

Because you did it. 

10 Remove your scourge away from me.

I am overcome by the blow of your hand. 

11 When you rebuke and correct man for iniquity,

You consume his wealth like a moth.

Surely every man is but a breath."

Selah. 

12 "Hear my prayer, LORD,

and give ear to my cry.

Don't be silent at my tears.

For I am a stranger with you,

A sojourner, as all my fathers were. 

13 Oh spare me, that I may recover strength,

Before I go away, and be no more."



PSALMS: 69


1 Save me, God,

For the waters have come up to my neck! 

2 I sink in deep mire, where there is no foothold.

I have come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me. 

3 I am weary with my crying.

My throat is dry.

My eyes fail, looking for my God. 

4 Those who hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of my head.

Those who want to cut me off, being my enemies wrongfully, are mighty.

I have to restore what I didn't take away. 

5 God, you know my foolishness.

My sins aren't hidden from you. 

6 Don't let those who wait for you be put to shame through me,

Lord GOD of Hosts.

Don't let those who seek you be brought to dishonor through me,

God of Yisra'el. 

7 Because for your sake, I have borne reproach.

Shame has covered my face. 

8 I have become a stranger to my brothers,

An alien to my mother's children. 

9 For the zeal of your house consumes me.

The reproaches of those who reproach you have fallen on me. 

10 When I wept and I fasted,

That was to my reproach. 

11 When I made sackcloth my clothing,

I became a byword to them. 

12 Those who sit in the gate talk about me.

I am the song of the drunkards. 

13 But as for me, my prayer is to you, LORD, in an acceptable time.

God, in the abundance of your loving kindness,

answer me in the truth of your salvation. 

14 Deliver me out of the mire, and don't let me sink.

Let me be delivered from those who hate me, and out of the deep waters.

15 Don't let the flood waters overwhelm me,

Neither let the deep swallow me up.

Don't let the pit shut its mouth on me. 

16 Answer me, LORD, for your loving kindness is good.

According to the multitude of your tender mercies, turn to me. 

17 Don't hide your face from your servant, For I am in distress.

Answer me speedily! 

18 Draw near to my soul, and redeem it.

Ransom me because of my enemies. 

19 You know my reproach, my shame, and my dishonor.

My adversaries are all before you. 

20 Reproach has broken my heart, and I am full of heaviness.

I looked for some to take pity, but there was none;

For comforters, but I found none. 

21 They also gave me gall for my food.

In my thirst, they gave me vinegar to drink.

22 Let their table before them become a snare.

May it become a retribution and a trap. 

23 Let their eyes be darkened, so that they can't see.

Make their loins continually to shake. 

24 Pour out your indignation on them.

Let the fierceness of your anger overtake them.

25 Let their habitation be desolate.

Let no one dwell in their tents.

26 For they persecute him whom you have wounded.

They tell of the sorrow of those whom you have hurt. 

27 Charge them with crime upon crime.

Don't let them come into your righteousness. 

28 Let them be blotted out of the book of life,

And not be written with the righteous. 

29 But I am in pain and distress.

Let your yeshu`ah, God, protect me. 

30 I will praise the name of God with a song,

And will magnify him with thanksgiving. 

31 It will please the LORD better than an ox,

Or a bull that has horns and hoofs. 

32 The humble have seen it, and are glad.

You who seek after God, let your heart live. 

33 For the LORD hears the needy,

And doesn't despise his captive people. 

34 Let heaven and eretz praise him;

The seas, and everything that moves therein! 

35 For God will save Tziyon, and build the cities of Yehudah.

They shall settle there, and own it. 

36 The children also of his servants shall inherit it.

Those who love his name shall dwell therein.



PSALMS: 99

1 The LORD reigns!

Let the peoples tremble.

He sits enthroned among the Keruvim.

Let the eretz be moved. 

2 The LORD is great in Tziyon.

He is high above all the peoples. 

3 Let them praise your great and awesome name.

He is Holy! 

4 The King's strength also loves justice.

You do establish equity.

You execute justice and righteousness in Ya`akov. 

5 Exalt the LORD our God.

Worship at his footstool.

He is Holy! 

6 Moshe and Aharon were among his Kohanim,

Shemu'el among those who call on his name;

They called on the LORD, and he answered them. 

7 He spoke to them in the pillar of cloud.

They kept his testimonies,

The statute that he gave them. 

8 You answered them, LORD our God.

You are a God who forgave them,

Although you took vengeance for their doings. 

9 Exalt the LORD, our God.

Worship at his holy hill,

For the LORD, our God, is holy!



PSALMS: 129


1 Many times have they afflicted me from my youth up.

Let Yisra'el now say, 

2 Many times have they afflicted me from my youth up,

Yet they have not prevailed against me. 

3 The plowers plowed on my back.

They made their furrows long. 

4 The LORD is righteous.

He has cut apart the cords of the wicked. 

5 Let them be put to shame and turned backward,

All those who hate Tziyon. 

6 Let them be as the grass on the housetops,

Which withers before it grows up; 

7 With which the reaper doesn't fill his hand,

Nor he who binds sheaves, his bosom. 

8 Neither do those who go by say,

"The blessing of the LORD be on you.

We bless you in the name of the LORD."



PROVERBS: 9


1 Wisdom has built her house.

She has carved out her seven pillars.

2 She has prepared her meat.

She has mixed her wine.

She has also set her table. 

3 She has sent out her maidens.

She cries from the highest places of the city: 

4 "Whoever is simple, let him turn in here!"

As for him who is void of understanding, she says to him, 

5 "Come, eat some of my bread,

Drink some of the wine which I have mixed! 

6 Leave your simple ways, and live.

Walk in the way of understanding." 

7 He who corrects a mocker invites insult.

He who reproves a wicked man invites abuse. 

8 Don't reprove a scoffer, lest he hate you.

Reprove a wise man, and he will love you. 

9 Instruct a wise man, and he will be still wiser.

Teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning. 

10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom.

The knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. 

11 For by me your days will be multiplied.

The years of your life will be increased. 

12 If you are wise, you are wise for yourself.

If you mock, you alone will bear it. 

13 The foolish woman is loud,

Undisciplined, and knows nothing. 

14 She sits at the door of her house,

On a seat in the high places of the city, 

15 To call to those who pass by,

Who go straight on their ways, 

16 "Whoever is simple, let him turn in here."

As for him who is void of understanding, she says to him, 

17 "Stolen water is sweet.

Food eaten in secret is pleasant." 

18 But he doesn't know that the dead are there,

That her guests are in the depths of She'ol.



OLD TESTAMENT: JOB 31:1 - 33:33


31:1 "I made a covenant with my eyes, How then should I look lustfully at a young woman? 2 For what is the portion from God above, And the heritage from Shaddai on high? 3 Is it not calamity to the unrighteous, And disaster to the workers of iniquity? 4 Doesn't he see my ways, And number all my steps? 5 "If I have walked with falsehood, And my foot has hurried to deceit 6 (Let me be weighed in an even balance, That God may know my integrity); 7 If my step has turned out of the way, If my heart walked after my eyes, If any defilement has stuck to my hands, 8 Then let me sow, and let another eat; Yes, let the produce of my field be rooted out. 9 "If my heart has been enticed to a woman, And I have laid wait at my neighbor's door; 10 Then let my wife grind for another, And let others sleep with her. 

11 For that would be a heinous crime; Yes, it would be an iniquity to be punished by the judges: 12 For it is a fire that consumes to destruction, And would root out all my increase. 13 "If I have despised the cause of my man-servant Or of my maid-servant, When they contended with me; 14 What then shall I do when God rises up? When he visits, what shall I answer him? 15 Didn't he who made me in the womb make him? Didn't one fashion us in the womb? 16 "If I have withheld the poor from their desire, Or have caused the eyes of the widow to fail,17 Or have eaten my morsel alone, And the fatherless has not eaten of it 18 (No, from my youth he grew up with me as with a father, Her have I guided from my mother's womb); 19 If I have seen any perish for want of clothing, Or that the needy had no covering; 20 If his heart hasn't blessed me, If he hasn't been warmed with my sheep's fleece; 21 If I have lifted up my hand against the fatherless, Because I saw my help in the gate: 22 Then let my shoulder fall from the shoulder-blade, And my arm be broken from the bone. 23 For calamity from God is a terror to me, By reason of his majesty I can do nothing. 24 "If I have made gold my hope, And have said to the fine gold, 'You are my confidence;' 25 If I have rejoiced because my wealth was great, And because my hand had gotten much; 26 If I have seen the sun when it shined, Or the moon moving in splendor, 27 And my heart has been secretly enticed, My hand threw a kiss from my mouth: 28 This also would be an iniquity to be punished by the judges; For I should have denied the God who is above. 29 "If I have rejoiced at the destruction of him who hated me, Or lifted up myself when evil found him; 30 (Yes, I have not allowed my mouth to sin By asking his life with a curse); 31 If the men of my tent have not said, 'Who can find one who has not been filled with his meat?' 32 (The sojourner has not lodged in the street; But I have opened my doors to the traveler); 33 If like Adam I have covered my transgressions, By hiding my iniquity in my heart, 34 Because I feared the great multitude, And the contempt of families terrified me, So that I kept silence, and didn't go out of the door-- 35 Oh that I had one to hear me! (Behold, here is my signature, let Shaddai answer me); Let the accuser write my indictment! 36 Surely I would carry it on my shoulder; And I would bind it to me as a crown. 37 I would declare to him the number of my steps. As a prince would I go near to him. 38 If my land cries out against me, And the furrows of it weep together; 39 If I have eaten the fruits of it without money, Or have caused the owners of it to lose their life: 40 Let briars grow instead of wheat, And stinkweed instead of barley." The words of Iyov are ended.


32:1 So these three men ceased to answer Iyov, because he was righteous in his own eyes. 2 Then the wrath of Elihu, the son of Barakh'el, the Buzite, of the family of Ram, was kindled against Iyov. His wrath was kindled, because he justified himself rather than God. 3 Also his wrath was kindled against his three friends, because they had found no answer, and yet had condemned Iyov. 4 Now Elihu had waited to speak to Iyov, because they were elder than he. 5 When Elihu saw that there was no answer in the mouth of these three men, his wrath was kindled. 6 Elihu the son of Barakh'el the Buzite answered, "I am young, and you are very old; Therefore I held back, and didn't dare show you my opinion. 7 I said, 'Days should speak, And multitude of years should teach wisdom.' 8 But there is a spirit in man, And the breath of Shaddai gives them understanding. 9 It is not the great who are wise, Nor the aged who understand justice. 10 Therefore I said, 'Listen to me; I also will show my opinion.' 11 "Behold, I waited for your words, And I listened for your reasoning, While you searched out what to say. 12 Yes, I gave you my full attention, But there was no one who convinced Iyov, Or who answered his words, among you. 13 Beware lest you say, 'We have found wisdom, God may refute him, not man:' 14 For he has not directed his words against me; Neither will I answer him with your speeches. 15 "They are amazed. They answer no more. They don't have a word to say. 16 Shall I wait, because they don't speak, Because they stand still, and answer no more? 17 I also will answer my part, And I also will show my opinion. 18 For I am full of words. The spirit within me constrains me. 19 Behold, my breast is as wine which has no vent; Like new wineskins it is ready to burst. 20 I will speak, that I may be refreshed. I will open my lips and answer. 21 Please don't let me respect any man's person, Neither will I give flattering titles to any man. 22 For I don't know how to give flattering titles; Or else my Maker would soon take me away.


33:1 "However, Iyov, Please hear my speech, And listen to all my words. 2 See now, I have opened my mouth. My tongue has spoken in my mouth. 3 My words shall utter the uprightness of my heart; That which my lips know they shall speak sincerely. 4 The Spirit of God has made me, And the breath of Shaddai gives me life. 5 If you can, answer me; Set your words in order before me, and stand forth. 6 Behold, I am toward God even as you are: I am also formed out of the clay. 7 Behold, my terror shall not make you afraid, Neither shall my pressure be heavy on you. 8 "Surely you have spoken in my hearing, I have heard the voice of your words, saying, 9 'I am clean, without disobedience. I am innocent, neither is there iniquity in me: 10 Behold, he finds occasions against me, He counts me for his enemy: 11 He puts my feet in the stocks, He marks all my paths.' 12 "Behold, I will answer you. In this you are not just; For God is greater than man. 13 Why do you strive against him, Because he doesn't give account of any of his matters? 14 For God speaks once, Yes twice, though man pays no attention. 15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, When deep sleep falls on men, In slumbering on the bed; 16 Then he opens the ears of men, And seals their instruction, 17 That he may withdraw man from his purpose, And hide pride from man. 18 He keeps back his soul from the pit, And his life from perishing by the sword. 19 He is chastened also with pain on his bed, With continual strife in his bones; 20 So that his life abhors bread, And his soul dainty food. 21 His flesh is so consumed away, that it can't be seen; His bones that were not seen stick out. 22 Yes, his soul draws near to the pit, And his life to the destroyers. 23 "If there is beside him an angel, An interpreter, one among a thousand, To show to man what is right for him; 24 Then God is gracious to him, and says, 'Deliver him from going down to the pit, I have found a ransom.' 25 His flesh shall be fresher than a child's; He returns to the days of his youth. 26 He prays to God, and he is favorable to him, So that he sees his face with joy: He restores to man his righteousness. 27 He sings before men, and says, 'I have sinned, and perverted that which was right, And it didn't profit me. 28 He has redeemed my soul from going into the pit, My life shall see the light.' 29 "Behold, God works all these things, Twice, yes three times, with a man, 30 To bring back his soul from the pit, That he may be enlightened with the light of the living. 31 Mark well, Iyov, and listen to me: Hold your shalom, and I will speak. 32 If you have anything to say, answer me: Speak, for I desire to justify you. 33 If not, listen to me: Hold your shalom, and I will teach you wisdom."



NEW TESTAMENT: 2 CORINTHIANS 3:1 - 18


3:1 Are we beginning again to commend ourselves? Or do we need, as do some, letters of commendation to you or from you? 

2 You are our letter, written in our hearts, known and read by all men; 

3 being revealed that you are a letter of Messiah, ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tablets of stone, but in tablets that are hearts of flesh. 

4 Such confidence we have through Messiah toward God; 

5 not that we are sufficient of ourselves, to account anything as from ourselves; but our sufficiency is from God; 

6 who also made us sufficient as servants of a new covenant; not of the letter, but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 

7 But if the service of death, written engraved on stones, came with glory, so that the children of Yisra'el could not look steadfastly on the face of Moshe for the glory of his face; which was passing away: 

8 won't service of the Spirit be with much more glory? 

9 For if the service of condemnation has glory, the service of righteousness exceeds much more in glory. 

10 For most assuredly that which has been made glorious has not been made glorious in this respect, by reason of the glory that surpasses. 

11 For if that which passes away was with glory, much more that which remains is in glory. 

12 Having therefore such a hope, we use great boldness of speech, 

13 and not as Moshe, who put a veil on his face, that the children of Yisra'el wouldn't look steadfastly on the end of that which was passing away. 

14 But their minds were hardened, for until this very day at the reading of the old covenant the same veil remains, because in Messiah it passes away. 

15 But to this day, when Moshe is read, a veil lies on their heart. 

16 But whenever one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 

17 Now the Lord is the Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 

18 But we all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are transformed into the same image from glory to glory, even as from the Lord, the Spirit.


 John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment