Thursday, January 13, 2022

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation – January 13 – Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 












JANUARY 13



PSALMS: 13, 43, 73, 103, 133


PROVERBS: 13


OLD TESTAMENT: DEUTERONOMY 26:1 - 27:26


NEW TESTAMENT: LUKE 10:38 - 11:13



OLD TESTAMENT: ISAIAH 66:1 - 24


PSALMS: 13


1 How long, LORD?

Will you forget me forever?

How long will you hide your face from me? 

2 How long shall I take counsel in my soul,

Having sorrow in my heart every day?

How long shall my enemy triumph over me? 

3 Behold, and answer me, LORD, my God.

Give light to my eyes, lest I sleep in death; 

4 Lest my enemy say, "I have prevailed against him;

" Lest my adversaries rejoice when I fall. 

5 But I trust in your loving kindness.

My heart rejoices in your yeshu`ah.

6 I will sing to the LORD,

Because he has been good to me.



PSALMS: 43


1 Vindicate me, God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation.

Oh, deliver me from deceitful and wicked men. 

2 For you are the God of my strength.

Why have you rejected me?

Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy? 

3 Oh, send out your light and your truth.

Let them lead me. Let them bring me to your holy hill,

To your tents. 

4 Then I will go to the altar of God,

To God, my exceeding joy.

I will praise you on the harp, God, my God. 

5 Why are you in despair, my soul?

Why are you disturbed within me? Hope in God!

For I shall still praise him,

The saving help of my face, and my God.



PSALMS: 73


1 Surely God is good to Yisra'el,

To those who are pure in heart.

2 But as for me, my feet were almost gone.

My steps had nearly slipped. 

3 For I was envious of the arrogant,

When I saw the prosperity of the wicked. 

4 For there are no struggles in their death,

But their strength is firm. 

5 They are free from burdens of men,

Neither are they plagued like other men. 

6 Therefore pride is like a chain around their neck.

Violence covers them like a garment. 

7 Their eyes bulge with fat.

Their minds pass the limits of conceit. 

8 They scoff and speak with malice.

In arrogance, they threaten oppression. 

9 They have set their mouth in the heavens.

Their tongue walks through the eretz. 

10 Therefore their people return to them,

And they drink up waters of abundance. 

11 They say, "How does God know?

Is there knowledge in Ha`Elyon?" 

12 Behold, these are the wicked.

Being always at ease, they increase in riches.

13 Surely in vain I have cleansed my heart,

And washed my hands in innocence, 

14 For all day long have I been plagued,

And punished every morning. 

15 If I had said, "I will speak thus;"

Behold, I would have betrayed the generation of your children. 

16 When I tried to understand this,

It was too painful for me; 

17  Until I entered God's sanctuary,

And considered their latter end. 

18 Surely you set them in slippery places.

You throw them down to destruction. 

19 How they are suddenly destroyed!

They are completely swept away with terrors. 

20 As a dream when one wakes up,

So, Lord, when you awake, you will despise their fantasies. 

21 For my soul was grieved.

I was embittered in my heart. 

22 I was so senseless and ignorant.

I was a brute beast before you. 

23 Nevertheless, I am continually with you.

You have held my right hand. 

24 You will guide me with your counsel,

And afterward receive me to glory. 

25 Who do I have in heaven?

There is no one on eretz who I desire besides you. 

26 My flesh and my heart fails,

But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 

27 For, behold, those who are far from you shall perish.

You have destroyed all those who are unfaithful to you. 

28 But it is good for me to come close to God.

I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,

That I may tell of all your works.



PSALMS: 103


1 Praise the LORD, my soul!

All that is within me, praise his holy name! 

2 Praise the LORD, my soul,

And don't forget all his benefits;

3 Who forgives all your sins;

Who heals all your diseases; 

4 Who redeems your life from destruction;

Who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies; 

5 Who satisfies your desire with good things,

So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. 

6 The LORD executes righteous acts,

And justice for all who are oppressed.

7 He made known his ways to Moshe,

His deeds to the children of Yisra'el. 

8 The LORD is merciful and gracious,

Slow to anger, and abundant in loving kindness. 

9 He will not always accuse;

Neither will he stay angry forever. 

10 He has not dealt with us according to our sins,

Nor rewarded us for our iniquities. 

11 For as the heavens are high above the eretz,

So great is his loving kindness toward those who fear him. 

12 As far as the east is from the west,

So far has he removed our transgressions from us. 

13 Like a father has compassion on his children,

So the LORD has compassion on those who fear him. 

14 For he knows how we are made.

He remembers that we are dust. 

15 As for man, his days are like grass.

As a flower of the field, so he flourishes. 

16 For the wind passes over it, and it is gone.

Its place remembers it no more. 

17 But the LORD's loving kindness is from everlasting

to everlasting with those who fear him,

His righteousness to children's children; 

18 To those who keep his covenant,

To those who remember to obey his precepts. 

19 The LORD has established his throne in the heavens.

His kingdom rules over all. 

20 Praise the LORD, you angels of his,

Who are mighty in strength, who fulfill his word,

Obeying the voice of his word. 

21 Praise the LORD, all you hosts of his,

You servants of his, who do his pleasure. 

22 Praise the LORD, all you works of his,

In all places of his dominion.

Praise the LORD, my soul.



PSALMS: 133


1 See how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to live together in unity! 

2 It is like the precious oil on the head,

That ran down on the beard,

Even Aharon's beard;

That came down on the edge of his robes; 

3 Like the dew of Hermon,

That comes down on the hills of Tziyon:

For there the LORD gives the blessing,

Even life forevermore.



PROVERBS: 13


1 A wise son listens to his father's instruction,

But a scoffer doesn't listen to rebuke. 

2 By the fruit of his lips, a man enjoys good things;

But the unfaithful crave violence. 

3 He who guards his mouth guards his soul.

One who opens wide his lips comes to ruin. 

4 The soul of the sluggard desires, and has nothing,

But the desire of the diligent shall be fully satisfied. 

5 A righteous man hates lies,

But a wicked man brings shame and disgrace. 

6 Righteousness guards the way of integrity,

But wickedness overthrows the sinner. 

7 There are some who pretend to be rich, yet have nothing.

There are some who pretend to be poor, yet have great wealth. 

8 The ransom of a man's life is his riches,

But the poor hears no threats. 

9 The light of the righteous shines brightly,

But the lamp of the wicked is snuffed out. 

10 By pride comes only quarrels,

But with ones who take advice is wisdom. 

11 Wealth gained dishonestly dwindles away,

But he who gathers by hand makes it grow. 

12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick,

But when longing is fulfilled, it is a tree of life. 

13 Whoever despises instruction will pay for it,

But he who respects a command will be rewarded. 

14 The teaching of the wise is a spring of life,

To turn from the snares of death. 

15 Good understanding wins favor;

But the way of the unfaithful is hard. 

16 Every prudent man acts from knowledge,

But a fool exposes folly. 

17 A wicked messenger falls into trouble,

But a trustworthy envoy gains healing.

18 Poverty and shame come to him who refuses discipline,

But he who heeds correction shall be honored. 

19 Longing fulfilled is sweet to the soul,

But fools detest turning from evil. 

20 One who walks with wise men grows wise,

But a companion of fools suffers harm.

21 Misfortune pursues sinners,

But prosperity rewards the righteous. 

22 A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children,

But the wealth of the sinner is stored for the righteous. 

23 An abundance of food is in poor people's fields,

But injustice sweeps it away. 

24 One who spares the rod hates his son,

But one who loves him is careful to discipline him. 

25 The righteous one eats to the satisfying of his soul,

But the belly of the wicked goes hungry.



OLD TESTAMENT: DEUTERONOMY 26:1 - 27:26


26:1 It shall be, when you are come in to the land which the LORD your God gives you for an inheritance, and possess it, and dwell therein, 2 that you shall take of the first of all the fruit of the ground, which you shall bring in from your land that the LORD your God gives you; and you shall put it in a basket, and shall go to the place which the LORD your God shall choose, to cause his name to dwell there. 3 You shall come to the Kohen who shall be in those days, and tell him, I profess this day to the LORD your God, that I am come to the land which the LORD swore to our fathers to give us. 4 The Kohen shall take the basket out of your hand, and set it down before the altar of the LORD your God. 5 You shall answer and say before the LORD your God, A Arammian ready to perish was my father; and he went down into Mitzrayim, and sojourned there, few in number; and he became there a nation, great, mighty, and populous. 6 The Mitzrim dealt ill with us, and afflicted us, and laid on us hard bondage: 7  and we cried to the LORD, the God of our fathers, and the LORD heard our voice, and saw our affliction, and our toil, and our oppression; 8 and the LORD brought us forth out of Mitzrayim with a mighty hand, and with an outstretched arm, and with great terror, and with signs, and with wonders; 9 and he has brought us into this place, and has given us this land, a land flowing with milk and honey. 10 Now, behold, I have brought the first of the fruit of the ground, which you, the LORD, have given me. You shall set it down before the LORD your God, and worship before the LORD your God: 11 and you shall rejoice in all the good which the LORD your God has given to you, and to your house, you, and the Levite, and the sojourner who is in the midst of you. 12 When you have made an end of tithing all the tithe of your increase in the third year, which is the year of tithing, then you shall give it to the Levite, to the sojourner, to the fatherless, and to the widow, that they may eat within your gates, and be filled. 13 You shall say before the LORD your God, I have put away the holy things out of my house, and also have given them to the Levite, and to the sojourner, to the fatherless, and to the widow, according to all your mitzvah which you have commanded me: I have not transgressed any of your mitzvot, neither have I forgotten them: 14 I have not eaten of it in my mourning, neither have I put away of it, being unclean, nor given of it for the dead: I have listened to the voice of the LORD my God; I have done according to all that you have commanded me. 15 Look down from your holy habitation, from heaven, and bless your people Yisra'el, and the ground which you have given us, as you swore to our fathers, a land flowing with milk and honey. 16 This day the LORD your God commands you to do these statutes and ordinances: you shall therefore keep and do them with all your heart, and with all your soul. 17 You have declared the LORD this day to be your God, and that you would walk in his ways, and keep his statutes, and his mitzvot, and his ordinances, and listen to his voice: 18 and the LORD has declared you this day to be a people for his own possession, as he has promised you, and that you should keep all his mitzvot; 19 and to make you high above all nations that he has made, in praise, and in name, and in honor; and that you may be a holy people to the LORD your God, as he has spoken.


27:1 Moshe and the Zakenim of Yisra'el commanded the people, saying, Keep all the mitzvah which I command you this day. 2 It shall be on the day when you shall pass over the Yarden to the land which the LORD your God gives you, that you shall set yourself up great stones, and plaster them with plaster: 3 and you shall write on them all the words of this law, when you are passed over; that you may go in to the land which the LORD your God gives you, a land flowing with milk and honey, as the LORD, the God of your fathers, has promised you. 4 It shall be, when you are passed over the Yarden, that you shall set up these stones, which I command you this day, in Mount `Eval, and you shall plaster them with plaster. 5 There shall you build an altar to the LORD your God, an altar of stones: you shall lift up no iron [tool] on them. 6 You shall build the altar of the LORD your God of uncut stones; and you shall offer burnt offerings thereon to the LORD your God: 7 and you shall sacrifice peace-offerings, and shall eat there; and you shall rejoice before the LORD your God. 8 You shall write on the stones all the words of this law very plainly. 9 Moshe and the Kohanim the Levites spoke to all Yisra'el, saying, Keep silence, and listen, Yisra'el: this day you are become the people of the LORD your God. 10 You shall therefore obey the voice of the LORD your God, and do his mitzvot and his statutes, which I command you this day. 11 Moshe charged the people the same day, saying, 12These shall stand on Mount Gerizim to bless the people, when you are passed over the Yarden: Shim`on, and Levi, and Yehudah, and Yissakhar, and Yosef, and Binyamin. 13 These shall stand on Mount `Eval for the curse: Re'uven, Gad, and Asher, and Zevulun, Dan, and Naftali. 14 The Levites shall answer, and tell all the men of Yisra'el with a loud voice, 15 Cursed be the man who makes an engraved or molten image, an abomination to the LORD, the work of the hands of the craftsman, and sets it up in secret. All the people shall answer and say, Amein. 16 Cursed be he who sets light by his father or his mother. All the people shall say, Amein. 17 Cursed be he who removes his neighbor's landmark. All the people shall say, Amein. 18 Cursed be he who makes the blind to wander out of the way. All the people shall say, Amein. 19 Cursed be he who wrests the justice [due] to the sojourner, fatherless, and widow. All the people shall say, Amein. 20 Cursed be he who lies with his father's wife, because he has uncovered his father's skirt. All the people shall say, Amein. 21 Cursed be he who lies with any manner of animal. All the people shall say, Amein. 22 Cursed be he who lies with his sister, the daughter of his father, or the daughter of his mother. All the people shall say, Amein. 23 Cursed be he who lies with his mother-in-law. All the people shall say, Amein. 24 Cursed be he who strikes his neighbor in secret. All the people shall say, Amein. 25 Cursed be he who takes a bribe to kill an innocent person. All the people shall say, Amein. 26 Cursed be he who doesn't confirm the words of this law to do them. All the people shall say, Amein.



NEW TESTAMENT: LUKE 10:38 - 11:13


10:38 It happened as they went on their way, he entered into a certain village, and a certain woman named Marta received him into her house. 39 She had a sister called Miryam, who also sat at Yeshua' feet, and heard his word. 40 But Marta was distracted with much serving, and she came up to him, and said, "Lord, don't you care that my sister left me to serve alone? Ask her therefore to help me."41 Yeshua answered her, "Marta, Marta, you are anxious and troubled about many things, 42 but one thing is needed. Miryam has chosen the good part, which will not be taken away from her."


11:1 It happened, that when he finished praying in a certain place, one of his talmidim said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, just as Yochanan also taught his talmidim." 2 He said to them, "When you pray, say, 'Our Father in heaven, May your name be kept holy. May your kingdom come. May your desire be done on Eretz, as it is in heaven. 3 Give us day by day our daily bread. 4 Forgive us our sins, For we ourselves also forgive everyone who is indebted to us. Bring us not into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one.'" 5 He said to them, "Which of you, if you go to a friend at midnight, and tell him, 'Friend, lend me three loaves of bread, 6 for a friend of mine has come to me from a journey, and I have nothing to set before him,' 7 and he from within will answer and say, 'Don't bother me. The door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed. I can't get up and give it to you'? 8 I tell you, although he will not rise and give it to him because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence, he will get up and give him as many as he needs. 9 "I tell you, keep asking, and it will be given you. Keep seeking, and you will find. Keep knocking, and it will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives. He who seeks finds. To him who knocks it will be opened. 11 "Which of you fathers, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, he won't give him a snake instead of a fish, will he? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, he won't give him a scorpion, will he? 13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Ruach HaKodesh to those who ask him?"


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment