Wednesday, October 27, 2021

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - October 27 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 













OCTOBER 27



PSALMS: 27, 57, 87, 117, 147


PROVERBS: 27


OLD TESTAMENT: GENESIS 32:13 - 34:31


NEW TESTAMENT: MATTHEW 11:7 - 30



Psalms 27


1 The LORD is my light and my salvation.

Whom shall I fear?

The LORD is the strength of my life.

Of whom shall I be afraid? 

2 When evil-doers came at me to eat up my flesh,

Even my adversaries and my foes, they stumbled and fell. 

3 Though a host should encamp against me,

My heart shall not fear.

Though war should rise against me,

Even then I will be confident. 

4 One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after,

That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,

To see the beauty of the LORD,

And to inquire in his temple. 

5 For in the day of trouble he will keep me secretly in his pavilion.

In the covert of his tent will he hide me.

He will lift me up on a rock. 

6 Now shall my head be lifted up above my enemies around me.

I will offer sacrifices of joy in his tent.

I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD. 

7 Hear, LORD, when I cry with my voice.

Have mercy also on me, and answer me. 

8 When you said, "Seek my face,"

My heart said to you,

"I will seek your face, LORD." 

9 Don't hide your face from me.

Don't put your servant away in anger.

You have been my help.

Don't abandon me, neither forsake me,

God of my salvation. 

10 When my father and my mother forsake me,

Then the LORD will take me up. 

11 Teach me your way, LORD.

Lead me in a straight path, because of my enemies.

12 Don't deliver me over to the desire of my adversaries,

For false witnesses have risen up against me,

Such as breathe out cruelty. 

13 I am still confident of this:

I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. 

14 Wait for the LORD.

Be strong, and let your heart take courage.

Yes, wait for the LORD.



PSALMS: 57


1 Be merciful to me, God, be merciful to me,

For my soul takes refuge in you.

Yes, in the shadow of your wings,

I will take refuge,

Until disaster has passed. 

2 I cry out to El `Elyon,

To God who accomplishes my requests for me. 

3 He will send from heaven, and save me,

He rebukes the one who is pursuing me.

Selah.

God will send out his loving kindness and his truth. 

4 My soul is among lions.

I lie among those who are set on fire,

Even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows,

And their tongue a sharp sword. 

5 Be exalted, God, above the heavens!

Let your glory be above all the eretz! 

6 They have prepared a net for my steps.

My soul is bowed down.

They dig a pit before me.

They fall into the midst of it themselves.

Selah. 

7 My heart is steadfast, God, my heart is steadfast.

I will sing, yes,

I will sing praises. 

8 Wake up, my glory!

Wake up, psaltery and harp!

I will wake up the dawn. 

9 I will give thanks to you, Lord, among the peoples.

I will sing praises to you among the nations. 

10 For your great loving kindness reaches to the heavens,

And your truth to the skies. 

11 Be exalted, God, above the heavens.

Let your glory be over all the eretz.



PSALMS: 87


1 His foundation is in the holy mountains. 

2 The LORD loves the gates of Tziyon More than all the dwellings of Ya`akov. 

3 Glorious things are spoken about you, city of God.

Selah. 

4 I will record Rachav and Bavel among those who acknowledge me.

Behold, Peleshet, Tzor, and also Kush:

"This one was born there." 

5 Yes, of Tziyon it will be said,

"This one and that one was born in her;"

The Elyon himself will establish her. 

6 The LORD will count, when he writes up the peoples,

"This one was born there."

Selah. 

7 Those who sing as well as those who dance say, "

All my springs are in you."



PSALMS: 117


1 Praise the LORD, all you nations!

Extol him, all you peoples! 

2 For his loving kindness is great toward us.

The LORD's faithfulness endures forever.

Praise the LORD!



PSALMS: 147


1 Praise the LORD,

For it is good to sing praises to our God;

For it is pleasant and fitting to praise him. 

2 The LORD builds up Yerushalayim.

He gathers together the outcasts of Yisra'el. 

3 He heals the broken in heart,

And binds up their wounds. 

4 He counts the number of the stars.

He calls them all by their names. 

5 Great is our Lord, and mighty in power.

His understanding is infinite. 

6 The LORD upholds the humble.

He brings the wicked down to the ground.

7  Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving.

Sing praises on the harp to our God, 

8 Who covers the sky with clouds,

Who prepares rain for the eretz,

Who makes grass grow on the mountains. 

9 He provides food for the cattle,

And for the young ravens when they call. 

10 He doesn't delight in the strength of the horse.

He takes no pleasure in the legs of a man. 

11 The LORD takes pleasure in those who fear him,

In those who hope in his loving kindness. 

12 Praise the LORD, Yerushalayim!

Praise your God, Tziyon! 

13 For he has strengthened the bars of your gates.

He has blessed your children within you. 

14He makes shalom in your borders.

He fills you with the finest of the wheat. 

15 He sends out his mitzvah on eretz.

His word runs very swiftly. 

16 He gives snow like wool,

And scatters frost like ashes.

17  He hurls down his hail like pebbles.

Who can stand before his cold? 

18 He sends out his word, and melts them.

He causes his wind to blow, and the waters flow. 

19 He shows his word to Ya`akov;

His statutes and his ordinances to Yisra'el. 

20 He has not done this for any nation;

They don't know his ordinances.

Praise the LORD!



PROVERBS: 27


1 Don't boast about tomorrow;

For you don't know what a day may bring forth. 

2 Let another man praise you,

And not your own mouth;

A stranger, and not your own lips. 

3 A stone is heavy, And sand is a burden;

But a fool's provocation is heavier than both. 

4 Wrath is cruel,

And anger is overwhelming;

But who is able to stand before jealousy? 

5 Better is open rebuke Than hidden love. 

6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend;

Although the kisses of an enemy are profuse.

7 A full soul loathes a honeycomb;

But to a hungry soul, every bitter thing is sweet. 

8 As a bird that wanders from her nest,

So is a man who wanders from his home. 

9 Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart;

So does earnest counsel from a man's friend. 

10 Don't forsake your friend and your father's friend.

Don't go to your brother's house in the day of your disaster:

Better is a neighbor who is near than a distant brother. 

11 Be wise, my son,

And bring joy to my heart,

Then I can answer my tormentor. 

12 A prudent man sees danger and takes refuge;

But the simple pass on, and suffer for it:

13 Take his garment when he puts up collateral for a stranger;

Hold it for a wayward woman! 

14 He who blesses his neighbor with a loud voice early in the morning,

It will be taken as a curse by him.

15 A continual dropping on a rainy day

And a contentious wife are alike: 

16 Restraining her is like restraining the wind,

Or like grasping oil in his right hand. 

17 Iron sharpens iron;

So a man sharpens his friend's countenance. 

18 Whoever tends the fig tree shall eat its fruit.

He who looks after his master shall be honored. 

19 As water reflects a face,

So a man's heart reflects the man. 

20 She'ol and Avaddon are never satisfied;

And a man's eyes are never satisfied.

21 The crucible is for silver,

And the furnace for gold;

But man is refined by his praise. 

22 Though you grind a fool in a mortar with a pestle along with grain,

Yet his foolishness will not be removed from him. 

23 Know well the state of your flocks,

And pay attention to your herds: 

24 For riches are not forever,

Nor does even the crown endure to all generations. 

25 The hay is removed, and the new growth appears,

The grasses of the hills are gathered in. 

26 The lambs are for your clothing,

And the goats are the price of a field. 

27 There will be plenty of goats' milk for your food,

For your family's food,

And for the nourishment of your servant girls.



OLD TESTAMENT: GENESIS 32:13 - 34:31


32:13 He lodged there that night, and took from that which he had with him, a present for Esav, his brother: 14 two hundred female goats and twenty male goats, two hundred ewes and twenty rams, 15 thirty milk camels and their colts, forty cows, ten bulls, twenty she-donkeys and ten foals. 16 He delivered them into the hands of his servants, every herd by itself, and said to his servants, "Pass over before me, and put a space between herd and herd."17 He commanded the foremost, saying, "When Esav, my brother, meets you, and asks you, saying, 'Whose are you? Where are you going? Whose are these before you?' 18 Then you shall say, 'They are your servant, Ya`akov's. It is a present sent to my lord, Esav. Behold, he also is behind us.'" 19 He commanded also the second, and the third, and all that followed the herds, saying, "This is how you shall speak to Esav, when you find him. 20 You shall say, 'Not only that, but behold, your servant, Ya`akov, is behind us.'" For, he said, "I will appease him with the present that goes before me, and afterward I will see his face. Perhaps he will accept me." 21 So the present passed over before him: and he himself lodged that night in the camp. 22 He rose up that night, and took his two wives, and his two handmaids, and his eleven sons, and passed over the ford of the Yabbok. 23 He took them, and sent them over the stream, and sent over that which he had. 24 Ya`akov was left alone, and wrestled with a man there until the breaking of the day. 25 When he saw that he didn't prevail against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh, and the hollow of Ya`akov's thigh was strained, as he wrestled. 26 The man said, "Let me go, for the day breaks." Ya`akov said, "I won't let you go, unless you bless me." 27  He said to him, "What is your name?" He said, "Ya`akov." 28 He said, "Your name will no longer be called 'Ya`akov,' but, 'Yisra'el,' for you have fought with God and with men, and have prevailed." 29 Ya`akov asked him, "Please tell me your name." He said, "Why is it that you ask what my name is?" He blessed him there. 30Ya`akov called the name of the place Peni'el: for, he said, "I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." 31 The sun rose on him as he passed over Peni'el, and he limped because of his thigh. 32 Therefore the children of Yisra'el don't eat the sinew of the hip, which is on the hollow of the thigh, to this day, because he touched the hollow of Ya`akov's thigh in the sinew of the hip.


33:1 Ya`akov lifted up his eyes, and looked, and, behold, Esav was coming, and with him four hundred men. He divided the children between Le'ah, Rachel, and to the two handmaids. 2 He put the handmaids and their children in front, Le'ah and her children after, and Rachel and Yosef at the rear. 3 He himself passed over in front of them, and bowed himself to the ground seven times, until he came near to his brother. 4 Esav ran to meet him, embraced him, fell on his neck, kissed him, and they wept. 5 He lifted up his eyes, and saw the women and the children; and said, "Who are these with you?" He said, "The children whom God has graciously given your servant." 6 Then the handmaids came near with their children, and they bowed themselves. 7 Le'ah also and her children came near, and bowed themselves. After them, Yosef came near with Rachel, and they bowed themselves. 8 Esav said, "What do you mean by all this company which I met?" Ya`akov said, "To find favor in the sight of my lord." 9 Esav said, "I have enough, my brother; let that which you have be yours." 10 Ya`akov said, "Please, no, if I have now found favor in your sight, then receive my present at my hand, because I have seen your face, as one sees the face of God, and you were pleased with me. 11 Please take the gift that I brought to you; because God has dealt graciously with me, and because I have enough." He urged him, and he took it. 12 Esav said, "Let us take our journey, and let us go, and I will go before you." 13Ya`akov said to him, "My lord knows that the children are tender, and that the flocks and herds with me have their young, and if they overdrive them one day, all the flocks will die. 14 Please let my lord pass over before his servant: and I will lead on gently, according to the pace of the cattle that are before me and according to the pace of the children, until I come to my lord to Se`ir." 15 Esav said, "Let me now leave with you some of the folk who are with me." He said, "Why? Let me find favor in the sight of my lord."16 So Esav returned that day on his way to Se`ir.17 Ya`akov journeyed to Sukkot, built himself a house, and made shelters for his cattle. Therefore the name of the place is called Sukkot. 18 Ya`akov came in shalom to the city of Shekhem, which is in the land of Kana`an, when he came from Paddan-Aram; and encamped before the city. 19 He bought the parcel of ground, where he had spread his tent, at the hand of the children of Hamor, Shekhem's father, for one hundred pieces of money. 20 He erected an altar there, and called it El-Elohe-Yisra'el.


34:1 Dinah, the daughter of Le'ah, whom she bore to Ya`akov, went out to see the daughters of the land.2 Shekhem the son of Hamor the Hivvi, the prince of the land, saw her. He took her, lay with her, and humbled her. 3 His soul joined to Dinah, the daughter of Ya`akov, and he loved the young lady, and spoke kindly to the young lady. 4 Shekhem spoke to his father, Hamor, saying, "Get me this young lady as a wife." 5 Now Ya`akov heard that he had defiled Dinah, his daughter; and his sons were with his cattle in the field. Ya`akov held his shalom until they came. 6 Hamor the father of Shekhem went out to Ya`akov to talk with him. 7 The sons of Ya`akov came in from the field when they heard it. The men were grieved, and they were very angry, because he had done folly in Yisra'el in lying with Ya`akov's daughter; which thing ought not to be done. 8 Hamor talked with them, saying, "The soul of my son, Shekhem, longs for your daughter. Please give her to him as a wife. 9 Make marriages with us. Give your daughters to us, and take our daughters for yourselves. 10 You shall dwell with us: and the land will be before you. Live and trade in it, and get possessions in it." 11 Shekhem said to her father and to her brothers, "Let me find favor in your eyes, and whatever you will tell me I will give. 12 Ask me a great amount for a dowry, and I will give whatever you ask of me, but give me the young lady as a wife."13 The sons of Ya`akov answered Shekhem and Hamor his father with deceit, and spoke, because he had defiled Dinah their sister, 14 and said to them, "We can't do this thing, to give our sister to one who is uncircumcised; for that is a reproach to us. 15 Only on this condition will we consent to you. If you will be as we are, that every male of you be circumcised; 16 then will we give our daughters to you, and we will take your daughters to us, and we will dwell with you, and we will become one people. 17 But if you will not listen to us, to be circumcised, then we will take our sister, and we will be gone. 18 Their words pleased Hamor, and Shekhem, Hamor's son. 19 The young man didn't wait to do this thing, because he had delight in Ya`akov's daughter, and he was honored above all the house of his father. 

20 Hamor and Shekhem, his son, came to the gate of their city, and talked with the men of their city, saying, 21 "These men are peaceful with us. Therefore let them live in the land and trade in it. For, behold, the land is large enough for them. Let us take their daughters to us for wives, and let us give them our daughters. 22 Only on this condition will the men consent to us to dwell with us, to become one people, if every male among us be circumcised, as they are circumcised. 23 Won't their cattle and their substance and all their animals be ours? Only let us give our consent to them, and they will dwell with us." 24 All who went out of the gate of his city listened to Hamor, and to Shekhem his son; and every male was circumcised, all who went out of the gate of his city. 25 It happened on the third day, when they were sore, that two of Ya`akov's sons, Shim`on and Levi, Dinah's brothers, each took his sword, came upon the unsuspecting city, and killed all the males. 26 They killed Hamor and Shekhem, his son, with the edge of the sword, and took Dinah out of Shekhem's house, and went away. 27 Ya`akov's sons came on the dead, and plundered the city, because they had defiled their sister. 28 They took their flocks, their herds, their donkeys, that which was in the city, that which was in the field; 29 and all their wealth. They took captive all their little ones and their wives, and took as plunder everything that was in the house. 30 Ya`akov said to Shim`on and Levi, "You have troubled me, to make me odious to the inhabitants of the land, among the Kana`anim and the Perizzi. I am few in number. They will gather themselves together against me and strike me, and I will be destroyed, I and my house." 31 They said, "Should he deal with our sister as with a prostitute?"



NEW TESTAMENT: MATTHEW 11:7 - 30


11:7 As these went their way, Yeshua began to say to the multitudes concerning Yochanan, "What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken by the wind? 

8 But what did you go out to see? A man in soft clothing? Behold, those who wear soft clothing are in king's houses. 

9 But why did you go out? To see a prophet? Yes, I tell you, and much more than a prophet. 

10 For this is he, of whom it is written, 'Behold, I send my messenger before your face, who will prepare your way before you.' 

11 Most assuredly I tell you, among those who are born of women there has not arisen anyone greater than Yochanan the immerser; yet he who is least in the Kingdom of Heaven is greater than he. 

12 From the days of Yochanan the immerser until now, the Kingdom of Heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force. 

13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until Yochanan. 

14 If you are willing to receive it, this is Eliyah, who is to come. 

15 He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

16 "But what will I compare this generation to? It is like children sitting in the marketplaces, who call to their companions 

17 and say, 'We played the flute for you, and you didn't dance. We mourned for you, and you didn't lament.' 

18 For Yochanan came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon.' 

19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Behold, a gluttonous man and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' But wisdom is justified by her children." 

20 Then he began to denounce the cities in which most of his mighty works were done, because they didn't repent. 

21 "Woe to you, Kora'zin! Woe to you, Beit-Tzaidah! For if the mighty works had been done in Tzor and Tzidon which were done in you, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

22 But I tell you, it will be more tolerable for Tzor and Tzidon in the day of judgment than for you. 

23 You, Kafar-Nachum, who are exalted to Heaven, you will go down to She'ol. For if the mighty works had been done in Sedom which were done in you, it would have remained until this day. 

24 But I tell you that it will be more tolerable for the land of Sedom, in the day of judgment, than for you." 

25 At that time, Yeshua answered, "I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and eretz, that you hid these things from the wise and understanding, and revealed them to infants. 

26 Yes, Father, for so it was well-pleasing in your sight. 

27 All things have been delivered to me by my Father. No one knows the Son, except the Father; neither does anyone know the Father, except the Son, and he to whom the Son wants to reveal him. 

28 "Come to me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. 

29 Take my yoke on you, and learn from me, for I am humble and lowly in heart; and you will find rest for your souls. 

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment