Sunday, October 24, 2021

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation – October 24 – Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 



OCTOBER 24



PSALMS: 24, 54, 84, 114, 144


PROVERBS: 24


OLD TESTAMENT: GENESIS 28:1 - 29:35


NEW TESTAMENT: MATTHEW 9:18 - 38



PSALMS: 24


1 The eretz is the LORD's, with its fullness;

The world, and those who dwell therein. 

2 For he has founded it on the seas,

And established it on the floods. 

3 Who may ascend to the LORD's hill?

Who may stand in his holy place? 

4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart;

Who has not lifted up his soul to falsehood,

And has not sworn deceitfully. 

5 He shall receive a blessing from the LORD,

Righteousness from the God of his salvation. 

6 This is the generation of those who seek Him,

Who seek your face -- even Ya`akov.

Selah. 

7 Lift up your heads, you gates;

Be lifted up, you everlasting doors:

The King of glory will come in. 

8 Who is the King of glory?

The LORD strong and mighty,

The LORD mighty in battle.

9 Lift up your heads, you gates;

Yes, lift them up, you everlasting doors:

The King of glory will come in. 

10 Who is this King of glory?

The LORD of Hosts,

He is the King of glory.

Selah.



PSALMS: 54


1 Save me, God, by your name.

Vindicate me in your might. 

2 Hear my prayer, God.

Listen to the words of my mouth. 

3 For strangers have risen up against me.

Violent men have sought after my soul.

They haven't set God before them.

Selah. 

4 Behold, God is my helper.

The Lord is the one who sustains my soul. 

5 He will repay the evil to my enemies.

Destroy them in your truth. 

6 With a free will offering, I will sacrifice to you.

I will give thanks to your name, LORD, for it is good. 

7 For he has delivered me out of all trouble.

My eye has seen triumph over my enemies.



PSALMS: 84


1 How lovely are your dwellings,

LORD of Hosts! 

2 My soul longs, and even faints for the courts of the LORD.

My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. 

3 Yes, the sparrow has found a home,

And the swallow a nest for herself,

where she may have her young,

Near your altars, LORD of Hosts,

My King, and my God. 

4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house.

They are always praising you. Selah. 

5 Blessed is the man whose strength is in you;

Who have set their hearts on a pilgrimage. 

6 Passing through the valley of Weeping,

they make it a place of springs.

Yes, the autumn rain covers it with blessings. 

7 They go from strength to strength.

Everyone of them appears before God in Tziyon. 

8 LORD, God Tzva'ot, hear my prayer.

Listen, God of Ya`akov.

Selah. 

9 Behold, God our shield,

Look at the face of your anointed. 

10 For a day in your courts is better than a thousand.

I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God,

Than to dwell in the tents of wickedness. 

11 For the LORD God is a sun and a shield.

The LORD will give grace and glory.

He withholds no good thing from those who walk blamelessly. 

12 LORD of Hosts,

Blessed is the man who trusts in you.



PSALMS: 114


1 When Yisra'el went forth out of Mitzrayim,

The house of Ya`akov from a people of foreign language; 

2 Yehudah became his sanctuary,

Yisra'el his dominion. 

3 The sea saw it, and fled.

The Yarden was driven back. 

4 The mountains skipped like rams,

The little hills like lambs. 

5 What was it, you sea, that you fled?

You Yarden, that you turned back? 

6 You mountains, that you skipped like rams;

You little hills, like lambs? 

7 Tremble, you eretz, at the presence of the Lord,

At the presence of the God of Ya`akov, 

8 Who turned the rock into a pool of water,

The flint into a spring of waters.



PSALMS: 144


1 Blessed be the LORD, my rock,

Who teaches my hands to war,

And my fingers to battle: 

2 My loving kindness, my fortress,

My high tower, my deliverer,

My shield, and he in whom I take refuge;

Who subdues my people under me. 

3 LORD, what is man, that you care for him?

Or the son of man, that you think of him? 

4 Man is like a breath.

His days are like a shadow that passes away. 

5 Part your heavens, LORD, and come down.

Touch the mountains, and they will smoke. 

6 Throw out lightning, and scatter them.

Send out your arrows, and rout them. 

7 Stretch out your hand from above,

Rescue me, and deliver me out of great waters,

Out of the hands of foreigners; 

8 Whose mouths speak deceit,

Whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood. 

9 I will sing a new song to you, God.

On a ten-stringed lyre,

I will sing praises to you. 

10 You are he who gives salvation to kings,

Who rescues David, his servant, from the deadly sword. 

11 Rescue me, and deliver me out of the hands of foreigners,

Whose mouths speak deceit,

Whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood. 

12 Then our sons will be like well-nurtured plants,

Our daughters like pillars carved to adorn a palace. 

13 Our barns are full, filled with all kinds of provision.

Our sheep bring forth thousands and ten thousands in our fields. 

14 Our oxen will pull heavy loads.

There is no breaking in, and no going away,

And no outcry in our streets. 

15 Happy are the people who are in such a situation.

Happy are the people whose God is the LORD.



PROVERBS: 24


1 Don't you be envious against evil men;

Neither desire to be with them: 

2 For their hearts plot violence,

And their lips talk about mischief. 

3 Through wisdom a house is built;

By understanding it is established; 

4 By knowledge the rooms are filled

With all rare and beautiful treasure. 

5 A wise man has great power;

And a knowledgeable man increases strength; 

6 For by wise guidance you wage your war;

And victory is in many advisors. 

7 Wisdom is too high for a fool:

He doesn't open his mouth in the gate. 

8 One who plots to do evil

Will be called a schemer. 

9 The schemes of folly are sin.

The mocker is detested by men. 

10 If you falter in the time of trouble,

Your strength is small. 

11 Rescue those who are being led away to death!

Indeed, hold back those who are staggering to the slaughter! 

12 If you say,

"Behold, we didn't know this;"

Doesn't he who weighs the hearts consider it?

He who keeps your soul, doesn't he know it?

Shall he not render to every man according to his work?

13 My son, eat honey, for it is good;

The droppings of the honeycomb, which are sweet to your taste: 

14 So you shall know wisdom to be to your soul;

If you have found it, then will there be a reward,

Your hope will not be cut off. 

15 Don't lay in wait, wicked man, against the habitation of the righteous.

Don't destroy his resting-place: 

16 For a righteous man falls seven times, and rises up again;

But the wicked are overthrown by calamity. 

17 Don't rejoice when your enemy falls.

Don't let your heart be glad when he is overthrown;

18 Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him,

And he turn away his wrath from him. 

19 Don't fret yourself because of evildoers;

Neither be envious of the wicked: 

20 For there will be no reward to the evil man;

And the lamp of the wicked shall be snuffed out. 

21 My son, fear the LORD and the king.

Don't join those who are rebellious: 

22 For their calamity will rise suddenly;

The destruction from them both -- who knows? 

23 These also are sayings of the wise.

To show partiality in judgment is not good. 

24 He who says to the wicked, "You are righteous;"

Peoples shall curse him, and nations shall abhor him -- 

25 But it will go well with those who convict the guilty,

And a rich blessing will come on them. 

26 An honest answer Is like a kiss on the lips. 

27 Prepare your work outside.

Make it ready for you in the field.

Afterwards, build your house. 

28 Don't be a witness against your neighbor without cause.

Don't deceive with your lips.

29 Don't say, "I will do to him as he has done to me;

I will render to the man according to his work." 

30 I went by the field of the sluggard,

By the vineyard of the man void of understanding; 

31 Behold, it was all grown over with thorns.

Its surface was covered with nettles,

And its stone wall was broken down. 

32 Then I saw, and considered well.

I saw, and received instruction: 

33 A little sleep, a little slumber,

A little folding of the hands to sleep; 

34 So shall your poverty come as a robber,

And your want as an armed man.



OLD TESTAMENT: GENESIS 28:1 - 29:35


28:1 Yitzchak called Ya`akov, blessed him, and commanded him, "You shall not take a wife of the daughters of Kana`an. 2 Arise, go to Paddan-Aram, to the house of Betu'el your mother's father. Take a wife from there from the daughters of Lavan, your mother's brother. 3 May El Shaddai bless you, and make you fruitful, and multiply you, that you may be a company of peoples, 4 and give you the blessing of Avraham, to you, and to your seed with you, that you may inherit the land where you travel, which God gave to Avraham." 5 Yitzchak sent Ya`akov away. He went to Paddan-Aram to Lavan, son of Betu'el the Arammian, Rivka's brother, Ya`akov's and Esav's mother. 6 Now Esav saw that Yitzchak had blessed Ya`akov and sent him away to Paddan-Aram, to take him a wife from there, and that as he blessed him he gave him a charge, saying, "You shall not take a wife of the daughters of Kana`an," 7 and that Ya`akov obeyed his father and his mother, and was gone to Paddan-Aram. 8 Esav saw that the daughters of Kana`an didn't please Yitzchak, his father. 9 Esav went to Yishma'el, and took, besides the wives that he had, Machalat the daughter of Yishma'el, Avraham's son, the sister of Nevayot, to be his wife. 10 Ya`akov went out from Be'er-Sheva, and went toward Haran. 11 He came to a certain place, and stayed there all night, because the sun had set. He took one of the stones of the place, and put it under his head, and lay down in that place to sleep. 12 He dreamed. Behold, a stairway set up on the eretz, and the top of it reached to heaven. Behold, the angels of God ascending and descending on it. 13 Behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, "I am the LORD, the God of Avraham your father, and the God of Yitzchak. The land whereon you lie, to you will I give it, and to your seed. 14 Your seed will be as the dust of the eretz, and you will spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south. In you and in your seed will all the families of the eretz be blessed. 15 Behold, I am with you, and will keep you, wherever you go, and will bring you again into this land. For I will not leave you, until I have done that which I have spoken of to you." 16 Ya`akov awakened out of his sleep, and he said, "Surely the LORD is in this place, and I didn't know it." 17 He was afraid, and said, "How dreadful is this place! This is none other than God's house, and this is the gate of heaven." 18 Ya`akov rose up early in the morning, and took the stone that he had put under his head, and set it up for a pillar, and poured oil on the top of it. 19 He called the name of that place Beit-El, but the name of the city was Luz at the first.20 Ya`akov vowed a vow, saying, "If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and clothing to put on, 21 so that I come again to my father's house in shalom, and the LORD will be my God, 22 then this stone, which I have set up for a pillar, will be God's house. Of all that you will give me I will surely give the tenth to you."


29:1 Then Ya`akov went on his journey, and came to the land of the children of the east. 2 He looked, and behold, a well in the field, and, behold, three flocks of sheep lying there by it. For out of that well they watered the flocks. The stone on the well's mouth was great. 3 There all the flocks were gathered. They rolled the stone from the well's mouth, and watered the sheep, and put the stone again on the well's mouth in its place. 4 Ya`akov said to them, "My relatives, where are you from?" They said, "We are from Haran." 5 He said to them, "Do you know Lavan, the son of Nachor?" They said, "We know him." 6 He said to them, "Is it well with him?" They said, "It is well. See, Rachel, his daughter, is coming with the sheep." 7 He said, "Behold, it is still the middle of the day, not time to gather the cattle together. Water the sheep, and go and feed them." 8 They said, We can't, until all the flocks are gathered together, and they roll the stone from the well's mouth. Then we water the sheep." 9 While he was yet speaking with them, Rachel came with her father's sheep, for she kept them. 10 It happened, when Ya`akov saw Rachel the daughter of Lavan, his mother's brother, and the sheep of Lavan, his mother's brother, that Ya`akov went near, and rolled the stone from the well's mouth, and watered the flock of Lavan his mother's brother. 11 Ya`akov kissed Rachel, and lifted up his voice, and wept. 12 Ya`akov told Rachel that he was her father's brother, and that he was Rivka's son. She ran and told her father. 13 It happened, when Lavan heard the news of Ya`akov, his sister's son, that he ran to meet Ya`akov, and embraced him, and kissed him, and brought him to his house. Ya`akov told Lavan all these things. 14 Lavan said to him, Surely you are my bone and my flesh. He lived with him for a month. 15 Lavan said to Ya`akov, "Because you are my brother, should you therefore serve me for nothing? Tell me, what will your wages be?" 16 Lavan had two daughters. The name of the elder was Le'ah, and the name of the younger was Rachel. 17 Le'ah's eyes were weak, but Rachel was beautiful and well favored. 18 Ya`akov loved Rachel. He said, "I will serve you seven years for Rachel, your younger daughter." 19 Lavan said, "It is better that I give her to you, than that I should give her to another man. Stay with me." 20 Ya`akov served seven years for Rachel. They seemed to him but a few days, for the love he had for her. 21 Ya`akov said to Lavan, "Give me my wife, for my days are fulfilled, that I may go in to her." 22 Lavan gathered together all the men of the place, and made a feast. 23 It happened in the evening, that he took Le'ah his daughter, and brought her to him. He went in to her. 24 Lavan gave Zilpah his handmaid to his daughter Le'ah for a handmaid. 25 It happened in the morning that, behold, it was Le'ah. He said to Lavan, "What is this you have done to me? Didn't I serve with you for Rachel? Why then have you deceived me?" 26 Lavan said, "It is not done so in our place, to give the younger before the first born. 27 Fulfill the week of this one, and we will give you the other also for the service which you will serve with me yet seven other years." 28 Ya`akov did so, and fulfilled her week. He gave him Rachel his daughter as wife. 29 Lavan gave to Rachel his daughter Bilhah, his handmaid, to be her handmaid. 30 He went in also to Rachel, and he loved also Rachel more than Le'ah, and served with him yet seven other years. 31 The LORD saw that Le'ah was hated, and he opened her womb, but Rachel was barren. 32 Le'ah conceived, and bore a son, and she named him Re'uven. For she said, "Because the LORD has looked at my affliction. For now my husband will love me." 33 She conceived again, and bare a son, and said, "Because the LORD has heard that I am hated, he has therefore given me this son also." She named him Shim`on. 34 She conceived again, and bare a son. Said, "Now this time will my husband be joined to me, because I have borne him three sons." Therefore was his name called Levi. 35 She conceived again, and bare a son. She said, "This time will I praise the LORD." Therefore she named him Yehudah. Then she stopped bearing.



NEW TESTAMENT: MATTHEW 9:18 - 38


9:18 While he told these things to them, behold, a ruler came and worshiped him, saying, "My daughter has just died, but come and lay your hand on her, and she will live." 

19 Yeshua got up and followed him, as did his talmidim. 

20 Behold, a woman who had an issue of blood for twelve years came behind him, and touched the tzitziyot of his garment; 

21 for she said within herself, "If I just touch his garment, I will be made well." 

22 But Yeshua, turning around and seeing her, said, "Daughter, cheer up! Your faith has made you well." And the woman was made well from that hour. 

23 When Yeshua came into the ruler's house, and saw the flute players, and the crowd in noisy disorder, 

24 he said to them, "Make room, because the young lady isn't dead, but sleeping." They were ridiculing him. 

25 But when the crowd was put out, he entered in, took her by the hand, and the young lady arose. 

26 The report of this went forth into all that land. 

27 As Yeshua passed by from there, two blind men followed him, calling out and saying, "Have mercy on us, son of David!" 

28 When he had come into the house, the blind men came to him. Yeshua said to them, "Do you believe that I am able to do this?" They told him, "Yes, Lord." 

29 Then he touched their eyes, saying, "According to your faith be it done to you." 

30 Their eyes were opened. Yeshua strictly charged them, saying, "See that no one knows about this." 

31 But they went out and spread abroad his fame in all that land. 

32 As they went forth, behold, there was brought to him a mute man who was demon possessed. 

33 When the demon was cast out, the mute man spoke. The multitudes marveled, saying, "Nothing like this has ever been seen in Yisra'el!"

34 But the Perushim said, "By the prince of the demons, he casts out demons." 

35 Yeshua went about all the cities and the villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the Good News of the kingdom, and healing every disease and every sickness among the people. 

36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, as sheep without a shepherd. 

37 Then he said to his talmidim, "The harvest indeed is plentiful, but the laborers are few. 

38 Pray therefore that the Lord of the harvest will send forth laborers into his harvest."


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment