Wednesday, October 20, 2021

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation – October 20 – Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 















OCTOBER 20



PSALMS: 20, 50, 80, 110, 140


PROVERBS: 20


OLD TESTAMENT: GENESIS 20:1 - 22:24


NEW TESTAMENT: MATTHEW 7:15 - 29



PSALMS: 20


1 May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble.

May the name of the God of Ya`akov set you up on high, 

2 Send you help from the sanctuary,

Grant you support from Tziyon, 

3 Remember all your offerings,

And accept your burnt-sacrifice. Selah. 

4 May He grant you your heart's desire,

And fulfill all your counsel. 

5 We will triumph in your yeshu`ah.

In the name of our God we will set up our banners:

The LORD fulfill all your petitions. 

6 Now I know that the LORD saves his anointed.

He will answer him from his holy heaven,

With the saving strength of his right hand. 

7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses,

But we trust the name of the LORD our God. 

8 They are bowed down and fallen,

But we rise up, and stand upright.

9 Save, LORD;

Let the King answer us when we call!



PSALMS: 50


1 The Mighty One, God, the LORD, speaks,

And calls the eretz from sunrise to sunset. 

2 Out of Tziyon, the perfection of beauty,

God shines forth. 

3 Our God comes, and does not keep silent.

A fire devours before him.

It is very tempestuous around him. 

4 He calls to the heavens above,

To the eretz, that he may judge his people: 

5 "Gather my holy ones together to me,

Those who have made a covenant with me by sacrifice." 

6 The heavens shall declare his righteousness,

For God himself is judge.

Selah. 

7 "Hear, my people, and I will speak;

Yisra'el, and I will testify against you.

I am God, your God. 

8 I don't rebuke you for your sacrifices.

Your burnt offerings are continually before me. 

9 I have no need for a bull from your stall,

Nor male goats from your pens. 

10 For every animal of the forest is mine,

And the cattle on a thousand hills. 

11 I know all the birds of the mountains.

The wild animals of the field are mine. 

12 If I were hungry, I would not tell you,

For the world is mine, and all that is in it.

13 Will I eat the flesh of bulls,

Or drink the blood of goats? 

14 Offer to God the sacrifice of thanksgiving.

Pay your vows to Ha`Elyon.

15 Call on me in the day of trouble.

I will deliver you, and you will honor me." 

16 But to the wicked God says,

"What right do you have to declare my statutes,

That you have taken my covenant on your lips,

17  Seeing you hate instruction,

And throw my words behind you?

18 When you saw a thief, you consented with him,

And have participated with adulterers. 

19 "You give your mouth to evil.

You harnesses your tongue for deceit. 

20 You sit and speak against your brother.

You slander your own mother's son. 

21 You have done these things, and I kept silent.

You thought that the "I AM" was just like you.

I will rebuke you, and accuse you in front of your eyes. 

22 "Now consider this, you who forget God,

Lest I tear you into pieces, and there be none to deliver. 

23 Whoever offers the sacrifice of thanksgiving glorifies me,

And prepares his way so that I will show God's salvation to him."



PSALMS: 80


1 Hear us, Shepherd of Yisra'el,

You who lead Yosef like a flock,

You who sit above the Keruvim, shine forth. 

2 Before Efrayim and Binyamin and Menashsheh,

stir up your might,

Come to save us. 

3 Turn us again, God.

Cause your face to shine,

And we will be saved.

4 LORD God Tzva'ot,

How long will you be angry against the prayer of your people? 

5 You have fed them with the bread of tears,

And given them tears to drink in large measure. 

6 You make us a source of contention to our neighbors.

Our enemies laugh among themselves. 

7 Turn us again,

God Tzva'ot.

Cause your face to shine,

And we will be saved. 

8 You brought a vine out of Mitzrayim.

You drove out the nations, and planted it. 

9 You cleared the ground for it.

It took deep root, and filled the land. 

10 The mountains were covered with its shadow.

Its boughs were like God's cedars. 

11 It sent out its branches to the sea,

Its shoots to the River. 

12 Why have you broken down its walls,

So that all those who pass by the way pluck it? 

13 The boar out of the wood ravages it.

The wild animals of the field feed on it. 

14 Turn again, we beg you, God Tzva'ot.

Look down from heaven, and see, and visit this vine, 

15 The stock which your right hand planted,

The branch that you made strong for yourself. 

16 It is burned with fire. It is cut down.

They perish at your rebuke. 

17  Let your hand be on the man of your right hand,

On the son of man whom you made strong for yourself. 

18 So we will not turn away from you.

Revive us, and we will call on your name. 

19 Turn us again, LORD God Tzva'ot.

Cause your face to shine, and we will be saved.



PSALMS: 110


1 The LORD says to my Lord, "Sit at my right hand,

Until I make your enemies your footstool for your feet." 

2 The LORD will send forth the rod of your strength out of Tziyon.

Rule in the midst of your enemies. 

3 Your people offer themselves willingly in the day of your power,

In holy array.

Out of the womb of the morning, you have the dew of your youth. 

4 The LORD has sworn, and will not change his mind:

"You are a Kohen forever in the order of Malki-Tzedek." 

5 The Lord is at your right hand.

He will crush kings in the day of his wrath.

6 He will judge among the nations.

He will heap up dead bodies.

He will crush the ruler of the whole eretz. 

7 He will drink of the brook in the way;

Therefore will he lift up his head.



PSALMS: 140


1 Deliver me, LORD, from the evil man.

Preserve me from the violent man; 

2 Those who devise mischief in their hearts.

They continually gather themselves together for war. 

3 They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent.

Viper's poison is under their lips.

Selah. 

4 LORD, keep me from the hands of the wicked.

Preserve me from the violent men:

Who have determined to trip my feet. 

5 The proud have hidden a snare for me,

They have spread the cords of a net by the path.

They have set traps for me.

Selah. 

6 I said to the LORD,

"You are my God.

" Listen to the cry of my petitions, LORD. 

7 LORD, the Lord, the strength of my yeshu`ah,

You have covered my head in the day of battle. 

8 LORD, don't grant the desires of the wicked.

Don't let their evil plans succeed, or they will become proud. Selah. 

9 As for the head of those who surround me,

Let the mischief of their own lips cover them. 

10 Let burning coals fall on them.

Let them be thrown into the fire,

Into miry pits, from where they never rise. 

11 An evil speaker won't be established in the eretz.

Evil will hunt the violent man to overthrow him. 

12 I know that the LORD will maintain the cause of the afflicted,

And justice for the needy. 

13 Surely the righteous will give thanks to your name.

The upright will dwell in your presence.



PROVERBS: 20


1 Wine is a mocker, and beer is a brawler;

Whoever is let astray by them is not wise. 

2 The terror of a king is like the roaring of a lion:

He who provokes him to anger forfeits his own life. 

3 It is an honor for a man to keep aloof from strife;

But every fool will be quarreling.

4 The sluggard will not plow by reason of the winter;

Therefore he shall beg in harvest, and have nothing. 

5 Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water;

But a man of understanding will draw it out.

6 Many men claim to be men of unfailing love,

But who can find a faithful man? 

7 A righteous man who walks in his integrity,

Blessed are his children after him. 

8 A king who sits on the throne of judgment

Scatters away all evil with his eyes. 

9 Who can say, "I have made my heart pure.

I am clean and without sin?" 

10 Differing weights and differing measures,

Both of them alike are an abomination to the LORD. 

11 Even a child makes himself known by his doings,

Whether his work is pure, and whether it is right. 

12 The hearing ear, and the seeing eye,

The LORD has made even both of them. 

13 Don't love sleep, lest you come to poverty;

Open your eyes, and you shall be satisfied with bread. 

14 "It's no good, it's no good," says the buyer;

But when he is gone his way, then he boasts.

15 There is gold and abundance of rubies;

But the lips of knowledge are a rare jewel. 

16 Take the garment of one who puts up collateral for a stranger;

And hold him in pledge for a wayward woman. 

17 Fraudulent food is sweet to a man,

But afterwards his mouth is filled with gravel. 

18 Plans are established by advice;

By wise guidance you wage war! 

19 He who goes about as a tale-bearer reveals secrets;

Therefore don't keep company with him who opens wide his lips. 

20 Whoever curses his father or his mother,

His lamp shall be put out in blackness of darkness. 

21 An inheritance quickly gained at the beginning,

Won't be blessed in the end. 

22 Don't say,

"I will pay back evil."

Wait for the LORD, and he will save you. 

23 The LORD detests differing weights,

And dishonest scales are not pleasing. 

24 A man's steps are from the LORD;

How then can man understand his way? 

25 It is a snare to a man make a rash dedication,

And later reconsider his vows. 

26 A wise king winnows out the wicked,

And drives the threshing wheel over them. 

27 The spirit of man is the LORD's lamp,

Searching all his innermost parts.

28 Love and faithfulness keep the king safe.

His throne is sustained by love. 

29 The glory of young men is their strength.

The splendor of old men is their gray hair. 

30 Wounding blows cleanse away evil,

And beatings purge the innermost parts.



OLD TESTAMENT: GENESIS 20:1 - 22:24


20:1 Avraham journeyed from there toward the land of the South, and lived between Kadesh and Shur. He sojourned in Gerar. 2 Avraham said about Sarah his wife, "She is my sister." Avimelekh king of Gerar sent, and took Sarah. 3 But God came to Avimelekh in a dream of the night, and said to him, "Behold, you are a dead man, because of the woman whom you have taken. For she is a man's wife." 4 Now Avimelekh had not come near her. He said, "Lord, will you kill even a righteous nation? 5 Didn't he tell me, 'She is my sister?' She, even she herself said, 'He is my brother.' In the integrity of my heart and the innocence of my hands have I done this." 6 God said to him in the dream, "Yes, I know that in the integrity of your heart you have done this, and I also withheld you from sinning against me. Therefore I didn't allow you to touch her. 7 Now therefore, restore the man's wife. For he is a prophet, and he will pray for you, and you will live. If you don't restore her, know for sure that you will die, you, and all who are yours. 

8 Avimelekh rose early in the morning, and called all his servants, and told all these things in their ear. The men were very scared. 9 Then Avimelekh called Avraham, and said to him, "What have you done to us? How have I sinned against you, that you have brought on me and on my kingdom a great sin? You have done deeds to me that ought not to be done!"10 Avimelekh said to Avraham, "What did you see, that you have done this thing?" 11 Avraham said, "Because I thought, 'Surely the fear of God is not in this place. They will kill me for my wife's sake.' 12 Moreover she is indeed my sister, the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife. 13 It happened, when God caused me to wander from my father's house, that I said to her, 'This is your kindness which you shall show to me. Everywhere that we go, say of me, "He is my brother."'" 14 Avimelekh took sheep and oxen, men-servants and women-servants, and gave them to Avraham, and restored Sarah, his wife to him. 15 Avimelekh said, "Behold, my land is before you. Dwell where it pleases you." 16 To Sarah he said, "Behold, I have given your brother a thousand pieces of silver. Behold, it is for you a covering of the eyes to all that are with you. In front of all you are vindicated." 17Avraham prayed to God. God healed Avimelekh, and his wife, and his maid-servants, and they bore children. 18 For the LORD had closed up tight all the wombs of the house of Avimelekh, because of Sarah, Avraham's wife.


21:1 The LORD visited Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did to Sarah as he had spoken. 2 Sarah conceived, and bore Avraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him. 3 Avraham called his son who was born to him, whom Sarah bare to him, Yitzchak. 4 Avraham circumcised his son, Yitzchak, when he was eight days old, as God had commanded him. 5 Avraham was one hundred years old when his son, Yitzchak, was born to him. 6 Sarah said, "God has made me laugh. Everyone who hears will laugh with me." 7 She said, "Who would have said to Avraham, that Sarah would nurse children? For I have borne him a son in his old age." 8 The child grew, and was weaned. Avraham made a great feast on the day that Yitzchak was weaned. 9 Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Mitzrian, whom she had borne to Avraham, mocking. 10Therefore she said to Avraham, "Cast out this handmaid and her son! For the son of this handmaid will not be heir with my son, even with Yitzchak." 11 The thing was very grievous in Avraham's sight on account of his son. 12 God said to Avraham, "Don't let it be grievous in your sight because of the boy, and because of your handmaid. In all that Sarah says to you, listen to her voice. For from Yitzchak will your seed be called. 13 Also of the son of the handmaid will I make a nation, because he is your seed." 14Avraham rose up early in the morning, and took bread and a bottle of water, and gave it to Hagar, putting it on her shoulder, and gave her the child, and sent her away. She departed, and wandered in the wilderness of Be'er-Sheva. 15 The water in the bottle was spent, and she cast the child under one of the shrubs. 16 She went and sat down opposite him, a good way off, about a bow shot away. For she said, "Don't let me see the death of the child." She sat over against him, and lifted up her voice, and wept. 17  God heard the voice of the boy. The angel of God called to Hagar out of the sky, and said to her, "What ails you, Hagar? Don't be afraid. For God has heard the voice of the boy where he is. 18 Get up, lift up the boy, and hold him in your hand. For I will make him a great nation." 19 God opened her eyes, and she saw a well of water. She went, filled the bottle with water, and gave the boy drink. 20 God was with the boy, and he grew. He lived in the wilderness, and became, as he grew up, an archer. 21 He lived in the wilderness of Paran. His mother took a wife for him out of the land of Mitzrayim. 22 It happened at that time, that Avimelekh and Pikhol the captain of his host spoke to Avraham, saying, "God is with you in all that you do. 23 Now therefore swear to me here by God that you will not deal falsely with me, nor with my son, nor with my son's son. But according to the kindness that I have done to you, you shall do to me, and to the land in which you have sojourned." 24 Avraham said, "I will swear." 25 Avraham complained to Avimelekh because of a water well, which Avimelekh's servants had violently taken away. 26 Avimelekh said, I don't know who has done this thing. Neither did you tell me, neither did I hear of it, until today." 27 Avraham took sheep and oxen, and gave them to Avimelekh. Those two made a covenant. 28 Avraham set seven ewe lambs of the flock by themselves. 29 Avimelekh said to Avraham, "What do these seven ewe lambs which you have set by themselves mean?" 30 He said, "You shall take these seven ewe lambs from my hand, that it may be a witness to me, that I have dug this well." 31 Therefore he called that place Be'er-Sheva, because they both swore there. 32 So they made a covenant at Be'er-Sheva. Avimelekh rose up with Pikhol, the captain of his host, and they returned into the land of the Pelishtim. 33 Avraham planted a tamarisk tree in Be'er-Sheva, and called there on the name of the LORD, the Everlasting God. 34 Avraham sojourned in the land of the Pelishtim many days.


22:1 It happened after these things, that God tested Avraham, and said to him, "Avraham!" He said, "Here I am." 2 He said, "Now take your son, your only son, whom you love, even Yitzchak, and go into the land of Moriyah. Offer him there for a burnt offering on one of the mountains which I will tell you of." 3 Avraham rose early in the morning, and saddled his donkey, and took two of his young men with him, and Yitzchak his son. He split the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went to the place of which God had told him. 4 On the third day Avraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place far off. 5 Avraham said to his young men, "Stay here with the donkey. The boy and I will go yonder. We will worship, and come back to you. 6 Avraham took the wood of the burnt offering and laid it on Yitzchak his son. He took in his hand the fire and the knife. They both went together. 7 Yitzchak spoke to Avraham his father, and said, "My father?" He said, "Here I am, my son." He said, "Here is the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?" 8 Avraham said, "God will provide himself the lamb for a burnt offering, my son." So they both went together. 9 They came to the place which God had told him of. Avraham built the altar there, and laid the wood in order, bound Yitzchak his son, and laid him on the altar, on the wood. 10 Avraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to kill his son. 11 The angel of the LORD called to him out of the sky, and said, "Avraham, Avraham!" He said, "Here I am." 12 He said, "Don't lay your hand on the boy, neither do anything to him. For now I know that you fear God, seeing you have not withheld your son, your only son, from me." 13 Avraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and saw that behind him was a ram caught in the thicket by his horns. Avraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering instead of his son. 14 Avraham called the name of that place Yahweh-jireh. As it is said to this day, "In the LORD's mountain it will be provided. 15 The angel of the LORD called to Avraham a second time out of the sky, 16 and said, "I have sworn by myself, says the LORD, because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son, 17 that in blessing I will bless you, and in multiplying I will multiply your seed as the stars of the heavens, and as the sand which is on the seashore. Your seed will possess the gate of his enemies. 18 In your seed will all the nations of the eretz be blessed, because you have obeyed my voice." 19 So Avraham returned to his young men, and they rose up and went together to Be'er-Sheva. Avraham lived at Be'er-Sheva. 20 It happened after these things, that it was told Avraham, saying, "Behold, Milkah, she also has borne children to your brother Nachor: 21`Utz his firstborn, Buz his brother, Kemu'el the father of Aram, 22 Kesed, Hazo, Pildash, Yidlaf, and Betu'el." 23 Betu'el became the father of Rivka. These eight Milkah bore to Nachor, Avraham's brother. 24 His concubine, whose name was Re'umah, also bare Tebah, Gacham, Tachash, and Ma`akhah.



NEW TESTAMENT: MATTHEW 7:15 - 29


7:15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravening wolves. 

16 By their fruits you will know them. Do you gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles? 

17 Even so, every good tree brings forth good fruit; but the corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit. 

18 A good tree can't bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 

19 Every tree that doesn't grow good fruit is cut down, and thrown into the fire. 

20 Therefore, by their fruits you will know them. 

21 Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 

22 Many will tell me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, didn't we prophesy by your name, by your name cast out demons, and by your name do many mighty works?'

23 Then I will tell them, 'I never knew you. Depart from me, you who work iniquity.' 

24 "Everyone therefore who hears these words of mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man, who built his house on a rock. 

25 The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it didn't fall, for it was founded on the rock. 

26 Everyone who hears these words of mine, and doesn't do them will be like a foolish man, who built his house on the sand. 

27  The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it fell -- and great was its fall." 

28 It happened, when Yeshua had finished saying these things, that the multitudes were astonished at his teaching, 

29 for he taught them with authority, and not like the Sofrim.


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment