Tuesday, November 2, 2021

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation – November 2 – Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 












NOVEMBER 2



PSALMS: 2, 32, 62, 92, 122


PROVERBS: 2


OLD TESTAMENT: GENESIS 44:1 - 45:28


NEW TESTAMENT: MATTHEW 14:13 - 36



PSALMS: 2


1 Why are the nations in an uproar,

the peoples grumbling in vain?

2 The earth's kings are taking positions,

leaders conspiring together,

against ADONAI and his anointed. 

3 They cry, "Let's break their fetters!

Let's throw off their chains!" 

4 He who sits in heaven laughs;

Adonai looks at them in derision. 

5 Then in his anger he rebukes them,

terrifies them in his fury. 

6 "I myself have installed my king on Tziyon,

my holy mountain." 

7 "I will proclaim the decree:

ADONAI said to me,

'You are my son;

today I became your father. 

8 Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance;

the whole wide world will be your possession. 

9 You will break them with an iron rod,

shatter them like a clay pot.'" 

10 Therefore, kings, be wise;

be warned, you judges of the earth. 

11 Serve ADONAI with fear;

rejoice, but with trembling. 

12 Kiss the son, lest he be angry,

and you perish along the way,

when suddenly his anger blazes.

How blessed are all who take refuge in him.



PSALMS: 32


1 By David.

A maskil:

How blessed are those whose offense is forgiven,

those whose sin is covered! 

2 How blessed those to whom ADONAI imputes no guilt,

in whose spirit is no deceit! 

3 When I kept silent,

my bones wasted away because of my groaning all day long;

4 day and night your hand was heavy on me;

the sap in me dried up as in a summer drought.

(Selah) 

5 When I acknowledged my sin to you,

when I stopped concealing my guilt,

and said, "I will confess my offenses to ADONAI";

then you, you forgave the guilt of my sin. (Selah) 

6 This is what everyone faithful should pray at a time when you can be found.

Then, when the floodwaters are raging, they will not reach to him. 

7 You are a hiding-place for me, you will keep me from distress;

you will surround me with songs of deliverance. (Selah) 

8 "I will instruct and teach you in this way that you are to go;

I will give you counsel;

my eyes will be watching you." 

9 Don't be like a horse or mule that has no understanding,

that has to be curbed with bit and bridle,

or else it won't come near you. 

10 Many are the torments of the wicked,

but grace surrounds those who trust in ADONAI. 

11 Be glad in ADONAI;

rejoice, you righteous!

Shout for joy, all you upright in heart!



PSALMS: 62


1 For the leader.

Set in the style of Y'dutun.

A psalm of David:

My soul waits in silence for God alone;

my salvation comes from him. 

2 He alone is my rock and salvation, my stronghold;

I won't be greatly moved. 

3 How long will you assail a person in order to murder him, all of you,

as if he were a sagging wall or a shaky fence? 

4 They only want to shake him from his height,

they take delight in lying with their mouths they bless, but inwardly they curse.

(Selah) 

5 My soul, wait in silence for God alone,

because my hope comes from him. 

6 He alone is my rock and salvation, my stronghold;

I won't be moved.

7  My safety and honor rest on God.

My strong rock and refuge are in God. 

8 Trust in him, people, at all times;

pour out your heart before him;

God is a refuge for us. (Selah) 

9 Ordinary folks are merely a breath and important people a sham;

if you lay them on a balance-scale, they go up both together are lighter than nothing. 

10 Don't put your trust in extortion, don't put false hopes in robbery;

even if wealth increases, don't set your heart on it. 

11 God has spoken once, I have heard it twice:

strength belongs to God. 

12 Also to you, Adonai, belongs grace;

for you reward all as their deeds deserve.



PSALMS: 92


1 A psalm.

A song for Shabbat:

It is good to give thanks to ADONAI and sing praises to your name, 'Elyon, 

2 to tell in the morning about your grace and at night about your faithfulness, 

3 to the music of a ten-stringed [harp] and a lute,

with the melody sounding on a lyre. 

4 For, ADONAI, what you do makes me happy;

I take joy in what your hands have made. 

5 How great are your deeds, ADONAI!

How very deep your thoughts! 

6 Stupid people can't know, fools don't understand, 

7 that when the wicked sprout like grass, and all who do evil prosper,

it is so that they can be eternally destroyed, 

8 while you, ADONAI, are exalted forever. 

9 For your enemies, ADONAI, your enemies will perish;

all evildoers will be scattered. 

10 But you have given me the strength of a wild bull;

you anoint me with fresh olive oil. 

11 My eyes have gazed with pleasure on my enemies' ruin,

my ears have delighted in the fall of my foes. 

12 The righteous will flourish like a palm tree,

they will grow like a cedar in the L'vanon.

13 Planted in the house of ADONAI,

they will flourish in the courtyards of our God. 

14 Even in old age they will be vigorous,

still full of sap, still bearing fruit, 

15 proclaiming that ADONAI is upright, my Rock,

in whom there is no wrong.



PSALMS: 122


1 A song of ascents.

By David: I was glad when they said to me,

"The house of ADONAI! Let's go!" 

2 Our feet were already standing at your gates, Yerushalayim. 

3 Yerushalayim, built as a city fostering friendship and unity. 

4 The tribes have gone up there, the tribes of ADONAI,

as a witness to Isra'el, to give thanks to the name of ADONAI. 

5 For there the thrones of justice were set up,

the thrones of the house of David. 

6 Pray for shalom in Yerushalayim;

may those who love you prosper. 

7 May shalom be within your ramparts,

prosperity in your palaces. 

8 For the sake of my family and friends,

I say, "Shalom be within you!" 

9 For the sake of the house of ADONAI our God,

I will seek your well-being.



PROVERBS: 2


1 My son, if you will receive my words and

store my commands inside you, 

2 paying attention to wisdom inclining

your mind toward understanding 

3 yes, if you will call for insight and

raise your voice for discernment, 

4 if you seek it as you would silver and

search for it as for hidden treasure - 

5 then you will understand the fear of ADONAI and find knowledge of God. 

6 For ADONAI gives wisdom;

from his mouth comes knowledge and understanding. 

7 He stores up common sense for the upright,

is a shield to those whose conduct is blameless, 

8 in order to guard the courses of justice and preserve

the way of those faithful to him. 

9 Then you will understand righteousness,

justice, fairness and every good path. 

10 For wisdom will enter your heart,

knowledge will be enjoyable for you, 

11 discretion will watch over you,

and discernment will guard you. 

12 They will save you from the way of evil and

from those who speak deceitfully, 

13 who leave the paths of honesty

to walk the ways of darkness, 

14 who delight in doing evil and

take joy in being stubbornly deceitful, 

15 from those whose tracks are twisted and

whose paths are perverse. 

16 They will save you from a woman who is a stranger,

from a loose woman with smooth talk, 

17 who abandons the ruler she had in her youth and

forgets the covenant of her God. 

18 Her house is sinking toward death,

her paths lead to the dead. 

19 None who go to her return;

they never regain the path to life. 

20 Thus you will walk on the way of good people

and keep to the paths of the righteous. 

21 For the upright will live in the land,

the pure-hearted will remain there; 

22 but the wicked will be cut off from the land,

the unfaithful rooted out of it.



OLD TESTAMENT: GENESIS 44:1 - 45:28


44:1 He commanded the steward of his house, saying, "Fill the men's sacks with food, as much as they can carry, and put every man's money in his sack's mouth. 2 Put my cup, the silver cup, in the sack's mouth of the youngest, with his grain money." He did according to the word that Yosef had spoken. 3 As soon as the morning was light, the men were sent away, they and their donkeys. 4 When they had gone out of the city, and were not yet far off, Yosef said to his steward, "Up, follow after the men. When you overtake them, tell them, 'Why have you rewarded evil for good? 5 Isn't this that from which my lord drinks, and whereby he indeed divines? You have done evil in so doing.'" 6 He overtook them, and he spoke to them these words. 7 They said to him, "Why does my lord speak such words as these? Far be it from your servants that they should do such a thing! 8 Behold, the money, which we found in our sacks' mouths, we brought again to you out of the land of Kana`an. How then should we steal silver or gold out of your lord's house? 9 With whoever of your servants it be found, let him die, and we also will be my lord's bondservants." 10 He said, "Now also let it be according to your words: he with whom it is found will be my bond servant; and you will be blameless." 11 Then they hurried, and took down every man his sack to the ground, and opened every man his sack. 12 He searched, beginning with the eldest, and ending at the youngest. The cup was found in Binyamin's sack. 13 Then they tore their clothes, and loaded every man his donkey, and returned to the city. 14 Yehudah and his brothers came to Yosef's house, and he was still there. They fell on the ground before him. 15 Yosef said to them, "What deed is this that you have done? Don't you know that such a man as I can indeed divine?"16 Yehudah said, "What will we tell my lord? What will we speak? Or how will we clear ourselves? God has found out the iniquity of your servants. Behold, we are my lord's bondservants, both we, and he also in whose hand the cup is found." 17  He said, "Far be it from me that I should do so. The man in whose hand the cup is found, he will be my bond servant; but as for you, go up in shalom to your father." 18 Then Yehudah came near to him, and said, "Oh, my lord, please let your servant speak a word in my lord's ears, and don't let your anger burn against your servant; for you are even as Par`oh. 19 My lord asked his servants, saying, 'Have you a father, or a brother?' 20 We said to my lord, 'We have a father, an old man, and a child of his old age, a little one; and his brother is dead, and he alone is left of his mother; and his father loves him.' 21 You said to your servants, 'Bring him down to me, that I may set my eyes on him.' 22 We said to my lord, 'The boy can't leave his father: for if he should leave his father, his father would die.' 23 You said to your servants, 'Unless your youngest brother comes down with you, you will see my face no more.' 24 It happened when we came up to your servant my father, we told him the words of my lord. 25 Our father said, 'Go again, buy us a little food.' 26 We said, 'We can't go down. If our youngest brother is with us, then will we go down: for we may not see the man's face, unless our youngest brother is with us.' 27  Your servant, my father, said to us, 'You know that my wife bore me two sons: 28 and the one went out from me, and I said, "Surely he is torn in pieces;" and I haven't seen him since. 29 If you take this one also from me, and harm befalls him, you will bring down my gray hairs with sorrow to She'ol.' 30 Now therefore when I come to your servant my father, and the boy is not with us; seeing that his life is bound up in the boy's life; 31 it will happen, when he sees that the boy is no more, that he will die. Your servants will bring down the gray hairs of your servant, our father, with sorrow to She'ol. 32 For your servant became collateral for the boy to my father, saying, 'If I don't bring him to you, then I will bear the blame to my father forever.' 33 Now therefore, please let your servant stay instead of the boy, a bondservant to my lord; and let the boy go up with his brothers. 34 For how will I go up to my father, if the boy isn't with me? Lest I see the evil that will come on my father."


45:1 Then Yosef couldn't control himself before all those who stood before him, and he cried, "Cause every man to go out from me!" There stood no man with him, while Yosef made himself known to his brothers. 2 He wept aloud. The Mitzrim heard, and the house of Par`oh heard. 3 Yosef said to his brothers, "I am Yosef! Does my father still live?" His brothers couldn't answer him; for they were terrified at his presence. 4 Yosef said to his brothers, "Come near to me, please." They came near. "He said, I am Yosef, your brother, whom you sold into Mitzrayim. 5 Now don't be grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that you sold me here, for God sent me before you to preserve life. 6 For these two years has the famine been in the land, and there are yet five years, in which there will be neither plowing nor harvest. 7  God sent me before you to preserve you a remnant in the eretz, and to save you alive by a great deliverance. 8 So now it wasn't you who sent me here, but God, and he has made me a father to Par`oh, lord of all his house, and ruler over all the land of Mitzrayim. 9 Hurry, and go up to my father, and tell him, 'This is what your son Yosef says, "God has made me lord of all Mitzrayim. Come down to me. Don't wait. 10 You shall dwell in the land of Goshen, and you will be near to me, you, your children, your children's children, your flocks, your herds, and all that you have. 11 There I will nourish you; for there are yet five years of famine; lest you come to poverty, you, and your household, and all that you have."' 12 Behold, your eyes see, and the eyes of my brother Binyamin, that it is my mouth that speaks to you. 13 You shall tell my father of all my glory in Mitzrayim, and of all that you have seen. You shall hurry and bring my father down here." 14 He fell on his brother Binyamin's neck, and wept, and Binyamin wept on his neck. 15 He kissed all his brothers, and wept on them. After that his brothers talked with him. 16 The report of it was heard in Par`oh's house, saying, "Yosef's brothers have come." It pleased Par`oh well, and his servants. 

17  Par`oh said to Yosef, "Tell your brothers, 'Do this. Load your animals, and go, travel to the land of Kana`an. 18 Take your father and your households, and come to me, and I will give you the good of the land of Mitzrayim, and you will eat the fat of the land.' 19 Now you are commanded: do this. Take wagons out of the land of Mitzrayim for your little ones, and for your wives, and bring your father, and come. 20 Also, don't concern yourselves about your belongings, for the good of all of the land of Mitzrayim is yours." 21 The sons of Yisra'el did so. Yosef gave them wagons, according to the mitzvah of Par`oh, and gave them provision for the way. 22 To all of them he gave each man changes of clothing, but to Binyamin he gave three hundred pieces of silver and five changes of clothing. 23 To his father, he sent after this manner: ten donkeys laden with the good things of Mitzrayim, and ten she-asses laden with grain and bread and provision for his father by the way. 24 So he sent his brothers away, and they departed. He said to them, "See that you don't quarrel on the way." 25 They went up out of Mitzrayim, and came into the land of Kana`an, to Ya`akov their father. 26 They told him, saying, "Yosef is still alive, and he is ruler over all the land of Mitzrayim." His heart fainted, for he didn't believe them. 27 They told him all the words of Yosef, which he had said to them. When he saw the wagons which Yosef had sent to carry him, the spirit of Ya`akov, their father, revived. 28 Yisra'el said, "It is enough. Yosef my son is still alive. I will go and see him before I die."



NEW TESTAMENT: MATTHEW 14:13 - 36


14:13 Now when Yeshua heard this, he withdrew from there in a boat, to a desert place apart. When the multitudes heard it, they followed him on foot from the cities. 

14 Yeshua went out, and he saw a great multitude. He had compassion on them, and healed their sick. 

15 When evening had come, his talmidim came to him, saying, "This place is a desert, and the hour is already late. Send the multitudes away, that they may go into the villages, and buy themselves food."

16 But Yeshua said to them, "They don't need to go away. You give them something to eat." 

17 They told him, "We only have here five loaves and two fish." 

18 He said, "Bring them here to me." 

19 He commanded the multitudes to sit down on the grass; and he took the five loaves and the two fish, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, broke and gave the loaves to the talmidim, and the talmidim to the multitudes. 

20 They all ate, and were filled. They took up twelve baskets full of that which remained left over from the broken pieces.

21 Those who ate were about five thousand men, besides women and children. 

22 Immediately Yeshua made the talmidim get into the boat, and to go ahead of him to the other side, while he sent the multitudes away. 

23 After he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into the mountain apart to pray. When evening had come, he was there alone. 

24 But the boat was now in the midst of the sea, distressed by the waves, for the wind was contrary. 

25 In the fourth watch of the night Yeshua came to them, walking on the sea. 

26 When the talmidim saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, "It is a ghost!" and they cried out for fear. 

27 But immediately Yeshua spoke to them, saying "Cheer up! I AM! Don't be afraid." 

28 Kefa answered him and said, "Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the waters." 

29 He said, "Come!" Kefa went down from the boat, and walked on the waters to come to Yeshua.

30 But when he saw that the wind was strong, he was afraid, and beginning to sink, he cried out, saying, "Lord, save me!" 

31 Immediately Yeshua stretched forth his hand, took hold of him, and said to him, "You of little faith, why did you doubt?" 

32 When they got up into the boat, the wind ceased. 

33 Those who were in the boat came and worshiped him, saying, "You are truly the Son of God!"

34 When they had crossed over, they came to the land of Ginosar.

35 When the men of that place recognized him, they sent into all that region round about, and brought to him all who were sick, 

36 and they begged him that they might only touch the tzitzit of his garment. As many as touched it were made whole.


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment