Wednesday, December 8, 2021

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation – December 8 – Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 












DECEMBER 8



PSALMS: 8, 38, 68, 98, 128


PROVERBS: 8


OLD TESTAMENT: LEVITICUS 20:22 - 22:16


NEW TESTAMENT: MARK 9:1 - 29



PSALMS: 8


1 LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the eretz,

Who has set your glory above the heavens! 

2 From the lips of babes and infants you have established strength,

Because of your adversaries, that you might silence the enemy and the avenger. 

3 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers,

The moon and the stars, which you have ordained; 

4 What is man, that you think of him?

The son of man, that you care for him? 

5 For you have made him a little lower than God,

And crowned him with glory and honor. 

6 You make him ruler over the works of your hands.

You have put all things under his feet: 

7 All sheep and oxen,

Yes, and the animals of the field, 

8 The birds of the sky, the fish of the sea,

And whatever passes through the paths of the seas. 

9 LORD, our Lord,

How majestic is your name in all the eretz!



PSALMS: 38


1 LORD, don't rebuke me in your wrath,

Neither chasten me in your hot displeasure. 

2 For your arrows have pierced me,

Your hand presses hard on me. 

3 There is no soundness in my flesh because of your indignation,

Neither is there any health in my bones because of my sin. 

4 For my iniquities have gone over my head.

As a heavy burden, they are too heavy for me. 

5 My wounds are loathsome and corrupt,

Because of my foolishness. 

6 I am pained and bowed down greatly.

I go mourning all day long. 

7 For my loins are filled with burning.

There is no soundness in my flesh. 

8 I am faint and severely bruised.

I have groaned by reason of the anguish of my heart. 

9 Lord, all my desire is before you.

My groaning is not hidden from you. 

10 My heart throbs. My strength fails me.

As for the light of my eyes, it also is gone from me. 

11 My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my plague.

My kinsmen stand afar off. 

12 They also who seek after my life lay snares.

Those who seek my hurt speak mischievous things,

And meditate deceits all day long. 

13 But I, as a deaf man, don't hear.

I am as a mute man who doesn't open his mouth. 

14 Yes, I am as a man who doesn't hear,

In whose mouth are no reproofs. 

15 For in you, LORD, do I hope.

You will answer, Lord my God. 

16 For I said, "Don't let them gloat over me,

Or exalt themselves over me when my foot slips." 

17  For I am ready to fall.

My pain is continually before me. 

18 For I will declare my iniquity.

I will be sorry for my sin. 

19 But my enemies are vigorous and many.

Those who hate me without reason are numerous. 

20 They who also render evil for good are adversaries to me,

Because I follow what is good. 

21 Don't forsake me, LORD.

My God, don't be far from me.

22 Hurry to help me,

Lord, my salvation.



PSALMS: 68


1 Let God arise!

Let his enemies be scattered!

Let them who hate him also flee before him. 

2 As smoke is driven away, so drive them away.

As wax melts before the fire,

So let the wicked perish at the presence of God. 

3 But let the righteous be glad.

Let them rejoice before God.

Yes, let them rejoice with gladness. 

4 Sing to God! Sing praises to his name!

Extol him who rides on the clouds -- To the LORD, his name!

Rejoice before him. 

5 A father of the fatherless, and a defender of the widows,

Is God in his holy habitation.

6 God sets the lonely in families.

He brings out the prisoners with singing,

But the rebellious dwell in a sun-scorched land. 

7 God, when you went forth before your people,

When you marched through the wilderness...

Selah. 

8 The eretz trembled.

The sky also poured down rain at the presence of the God of Sinai --

At the presence of God, the God of Yisra'el. 

9 You, God, sent a plentiful rain.

You confirmed your inheritance, when it was weary. 

10 Your congregation lived therein.

You, God, prepared your goodness for the poor. 

11 The Lord announced the word.

The ones who proclaim it are a great company. 

12 "Kings of armies flee! They flee!"

She who waits at home divides the spoil, 

13 While you sleep among the campfires,

The wings of a dove sheathed with silver,

Her feathers with shining gold. 

14 When Shaddai scattered kings in her,

It snowed on Tzalmon. 

15 The mountains of Bashan are majestic mountains.

The mountains of Bashan are rugged. 

16 Why do you look in envy, you rugged mountains,

At the mountain where God chooses to reign?

Yes, the LORD will dwell there forever. 

17 The chariots of God are tens of thousands and thousands of thousands.

The Lord is among them, from Sinai, into the sanctuary. 

18 You have ascended on high.

You have led away captives.

You have received gifts among men,

Yes, among the rebellious also,

that the LORD God might dwell there. 

19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears our burdens,

Even the God who is our salvation. Selah. 

20 God is to us a God of deliverance.

To the LORD, the Lord,

belongs escape from death. 

21 But God will strike through the head of his enemies,

The hairy scalp of such a one as still continues in his guiltiness. 

22 The Lord said, "I will bring you again from Bashan,

I will bring you again from the depths of the sea; 

23 That you may crush them, dipping your foot in blood,

That the tongues of your dogs may have their portion from your enemies." 

24 They have seen your goings, God,

Even the goings of my God, my King, into the sanctuary. 

25 The singers went before, the minstrels followed after,

In the midst of the ladies playing with timbrels, 

26"Bless God in the congregations,

Even the Lord in the assembly of Yisra'el!" 

27 There is little Binyamin, their ruler,

The princes of Yehudah, their council,

The princes of Zevulun, and the princes of Naftali. 

28 Your God has commanded your strength.

Strengthen, God, that which you have done for us. 

29 Because of your temple at Yerushalayim,

Kings shall bring presents to you. 

30 Rebuke the wild animal of the reeds,

The multitude of the bulls, with the calves of the peoples.

Being humbled, may it bring bars of silver.

Scatter the nations that delight in war. 

31 Princes shall come out of Mitzrayim.

Kush shall hurry to stretch out her hands to God. 

32 Sing to God, you kingdoms of the eretz!

Sing praises to the Lord!

Selah. 

33 To him who rides on the heaven of heavens, which are of old;

Behold, he utters his voice, a mighty voice. 

34 Ascribe strength to God!

His excellency is over Yisra'el,

His strength is in the skies. 

35 You are awesome, God, in your sanctuaries.

The God of Yisra'el gives strength and power to his people.

Praise be to God!



PSALMS: 98


1 Sing to the LORD a new song,

For he has done marvelous things!

His right hand, and his holy arm,

have worked salvation for him. 

2 The LORD has made known his yeshu`ah.

He has openly shown his righteousness in the sight of the nations. 

3 He has remembered his loving kindness

and his faithfulness toward the house of Yisra'el.

All the ends of the eretz have seen the yeshu`ah of our God. 

4 Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the eretz!

Burst out and sing for joy, yes, sing praises! 

5 Sing praises to the LORD with the harp,

With the harp and the voice of melody. 

6 With trumpets and sound of the ram's horn.

Make a joyful noise before the King, the LORD. 

7  Let the sea roar with its fullness;

The world, and those who dwell therein. 

8 Let the rivers clap their hands.

Let the mountains sing for joy together. 

9 Let them sing before the LORD,

For he comes to judge the eretz.

He will judge the world with righteousness,

And the peoples with equity.



PSALMS: 128


1 Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD,

Who walks in his ways. 

2 For you will eat the labor of your hands.

You will be happy, and it will be well with you. 

3 Your wife will be as a fruitful vine,

In the innermost parts of your house;

Your children like olive plants, Around your table. 

4 Behold, thus is the man blessed who fears the LORD. 

5 May the LORD bless you out of Tziyon,

And may you see the good of Yerushalayim all the days of your life. 

6 Yes, may you see your children's children.

Shalom be upon Yisra'el.



PROVERBS: 8


1 Doesn't wisdom cry out?

Doesn't understanding raise her voice?

2 On the top of high places by the way,

Where the paths meet, she stands. 

3 Beside the gates, at the entry of the city,

At the entry doors, she cries aloud: 

4 "To you men, I call!

I send my voice to the sons of mankind. 

5 You simple, understand prudence.

You fools, be of an understanding heart. 

6 Hear, for I will speak excellent things.

The opening of my lips is for right things. 

7 For my mouth speaks truth.

Wickedness is an abomination to my lips. 

8 All the words of my mouth are in righteousness.

There is nothing crooked or perverse in them. 

9 They are all plain to him who understands,

Right to those who find knowledge. 

10 Receive my instruction rather than silver;

Knowledge rather than choice gold. 

11 For wisdom is better than rubies.

All the things that may be desired can't be compared to it. 

12 "I, wisdom, have made prudence my dwelling.

Find out knowledge and discretion. 

13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil.

I hate pride, arrogance, the evil way, and the perverse mouth. 

14 Counsel and sound knowledge are mine.

I have understanding and power. 

15 By me kings reign,

And princes decree justice. 

16 By me princes rule; Nobles,

and all the righteous rulers of the eretz. 

17 I love those who love me.

Those who seek me diligently will find me. 

18 With me are riches, honor,

Enduring wealth, and prosperity. 

19 My fruit is better than gold, yes, than fine gold;

My yield than choice silver. 

20 I walk in the way of righteousness,

In the midst of the paths of justice; 

21 That I may give wealth to those who love me.

I fill their treasuries.

22 "The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his work,

Before his deeds of old. 

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning,

Before the eretz existed. 

24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth,
When there were no springs abounding with water. 

25 Before the mountains were settled in place,

Before the hills, I was brought forth; 

26 While as yet he had not made the eretz, nor the fields,

Nor the beginning of the dust of the world. 

27  When he established the heavens, I was there;

When he set a circle on the surface of the deep, 

28 When he established the clouds above,

When the springs of the deep became strong, 

29 When he gave to the sea its boundary,

That the waters should not violate his mitzvah,

When he marked out the foundations of the eretz; 

30 Then I was the craftsman by his side.

I was a delight day by day,

Always rejoicing before him, 

31 Rejoicing in his whole world.

My delight was with the sons of men. 

32 "Now therefore, my sons, listen to me,

For blessed are those who keep my ways. 

33 Hear instruction, and be wise, Don't refuse it. 

34 Blessed is the man who hears me,

Watching daily at my gates,

Waiting at my door posts. 

35 For whoever finds me, finds life,

And will obtain favor from the LORD. 

36 But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul.

All those who hate me love death."



OLD TESTAMENT: LEVITICUS 20:22 - 22:16


20:22 You shall therefore keep all my statutes, and all my ordinances, and do them; that the land, where I bring you to dwell therein, not vomit you out. 23 You shall not walk in the customs of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they did all these things, and therefore I abhorred them. 24 But I have said to you, You shall inherit their land, and I will give it to you to possess it, a land flowing with milk and honey: I am the LORD your God, who has separated you from the peoples. 25 You shall therefore make a distinction between the clean animal and the unclean, and between the unclean fowl and the clean: and you shall not make your souls abominable by animal, or by bird, or by anything with which the ground teems, which I have separated from you as unclean. 26 You shall be holy to me: for I, the LORD, am holy, and have set you apart from the peoples, that you should be mine. 27 A man also or a woman that has a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones; their blood shall be on them.


21:1 The LORD said to Moshe, Speak to the Kohanim, the sons of Aharon, and say to them, There shall none defile himself for the dead among his people; 2 except for his relatives, that is near to him, for his mother, and for his father, and for his son, and for his daughter, and for his brother, 3 and for his sister a virgin, that is near to him, that has had no husband; for her may he defile himself. 4 He shall not defile himself, [being] a chief man among his people, to profane himself. 5 They shall not make baldness on their head, neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any cuttings in their flesh. 6 They shall be holy to their God, and not profane the name of their God; for the offerings of the LORD made by fire, the bread of their God, they do offer: therefore they shall be holy. 7  They shall not take a woman that is a prostitute, or profane; neither shall they take a woman put away from her husband: for he is holy to his God. 8 You shall sanctify him therefore; for he offers the bread of your God: he shall be holy to you: for I the LORD, who sanctify you, am holy. 9 The daughter of any Kohen, if she profane herself by playing the prostitute, she profanes her father: she shall be burnt with fire. 10 He who is the Kohen Gadol among his brothers, on whose head the anointing oil is poured, and that is consecrated to put on the garments, shall not let the hair of his head go loose, nor tear his clothes; 11 neither shall he go in to any dead body, nor defile himself for his father, or for his mother; 12 neither shall he go out of the sanctuary, nor profane the sanctuary of his God; for the crown of the anointing oil of his God is on him: I am the LORD. 13 He shall take a wife in her virginity. 14 A widow, or one divorced, or a profane woman, a prostitute, these shall he not take: but a virgin of his own people shall he take as a wife. 15 He shall not profane his seed among his people: for I am the LORD who sanctifies him. 16 The LORD spoke to Moshe, saying, 

17 Speak to Aharon, saying, Whoever he be of your seed throughout their generations that has a blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God. 18For whatever man he be that has a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that has a flat nose, or any deformity, 19 or a man that is broken-footed, or broken-handed, 20 or crook-backed, or a dwarf, or that has a blemish in his eye, or is scurvy, or scabbed, or has his stones broken; 21 no man of the seed of Aharon the Kohen, that has a blemish, shall come near to offer the offerings of the LORD made by fire: he has a blemish; he shall not come near to offer the bread of his God. 22 He shall eat the bread of his God, both of the most holy, and of the holy: 23 only he shall not go in to the veil, nor come near to the altar, because he has a blemish; that he not profane my sanctuaries: for I am the LORD who sanctifies them. 24 So Moshe spoke to Aharon, and to his sons, and to all the children of Yisra'el.


22:1 The LORD spoke to Moshe, saying, 2 Speak to Aharon and to his sons, that they separate themselves from the holy things of the children of Yisra'el, which they make holy to me, and that they not profane my holy name: I am the LORD. 3 Tell them, Whoever he be of all your seed throughout your generations, that approaches to the holy things, which the children of Yisra'el make holy to the LORD, having his uncleanness on him, that soul shall be cut off from before me: I am the LORD. 4 Whatever man of the seed of Aharon is a leper, or has an issue; he shall not eat of the holy things, until he is clean. Whoever touches anything that is unclean by the dead, or a man whose seed goes from him; 5 or whoever touches any creeping thing, whereby he may be made unclean, or a man of whom he may take uncleanness, whatever uncleanness he has; 6the soul that touches any such shall be unclean until the even, and shall not eat of the holy things, unless he bathe his flesh in water. 7 When the sun is down, he shall be clean; and afterward he shall eat of the holy things, because it is his bread. 8 That which dies of itself, or is torn by animals, he shall not eat, to defile himself therewith: I am the LORD. 9 They shall therefore keep my charge, lest they bear sin for it, and die therein, if they profane it: I am the LORD who sanctifies them. 10 There shall no stranger eat of the holy thing: a sojourner of the Kohen's, or a hired servant, shall not eat of the holy thing. 11 But if a Kohen buy any soul, the purchase of his money, he shall eat of it; and such as are born in his house, they shall eat of his bread. 12 If a Kohen's daughter be married to a stranger, she shall not eat of the heave-offering of the holy things. 13 But if a Kohen's daughter be a widow, or divorced, and have no child, and be returned to her father's house, as in her youth, she shall eat of her father's bread: but there shall no stranger eat of it. 14 If a man eat of the holy thing unwittingly, then he shall put the fifth part of it to it, and shall give to the Kohen the holy thing. 15 They shall not profane the holy things of the children of Yisra'el, which they offer to the LORD, 16 and [so] cause them to bear the iniquity that brings guilt, when they eat their holy things: for I am the LORD who sanctifies them.



NEW TESTAMENT: MARK 9:1 - 29


9:1 He said to them, "Most assuredly I tell you, there are some standing here who will in no way taste death, until they see the kingdom of God come with power." 

2 After six days Yeshua took with him Kefa, Ya`akov, and Yochanan, and brought them up onto a high mountain privately by themselves, and he was changed into another form in front of them. 

3 His clothing became glistening, exceedingly white, like snow, such as no launderer on eretz can whiten them. 

4 Eliyah and Moshe appeared to them, and they were talking with Yeshua. 

5 Kefa answered Yeshua, "Rabbi, it is good for us to be here. Let's make three tents: one for you, one for Moshe, and one for Eliyah." 

6 For he didn't know what to say, for they were very afraid. 

7 A cloud came, overshadowing them, and a voice came out of the cloud, "This is my beloved Son. Listen to him." 

8 Suddenly looking around, they saw no one with them any more, except Yeshua only. 

9 As they were coming down from the mountain, he charged them that they should tell no one what things they had seen, until the Son of Man had risen again from the dead. 

10 They kept the saying, questioning among themselves what the rising again from the dead should mean. 

11 They asked him, saying, "Why do the Sofrim say that Eliyah must come first?" 

12 He said to them, "Eliyah indeed comes first, and restores all things. How is it written about the Son of Man, that he should suffer many things and be despised? 

13 But I tell you that Eliyah has come, and they have also done to him whatever they wanted to, even as it is written about him." 

14 Coming to the talmidim, he saw a great multitude around them, and Sofrim questioning them. 

15 Immediately all the multitude, when they saw him, were greatly amazed, and running to him greeted him.

16 He asked the Sofrim, "What are you asking them?" 

17 One of the multitude answered, "Teacher, I brought to you my son, who has a mute spirit; 

18 and wherever it seizes him, it dashes him down, and he foams at the mouth, and grinds his teeth, and wastes away. I asked your talmidim to cast it out, and they weren't able." 

19 He answered him, "Unbelieving generation, how long will I be with you? How long will I bear with you? Bring him to me." 

20 They brought him to him, and when he saw him, immediately the spirit convulsed him, and he fell on the ground, wallowing and foaming at the mouth.

21 He asked his father, "How long has it been since this has come to him?" He said, "From childhood. 

22 Often it has cast him both into the fire and into the water, to destroy him. But if you can do anything, have compassion on us, and help us." 

23 Yeshua said to him, "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes."

24 Immediately the father of the child cried out with tears, "I believe. Help my unbelief!" 

25 When Yeshua saw that a multitude came running together, he rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to him, "You mute and deaf spirit, I command you, come out of him, and enter no more into him!" 

26 Having cried out, and convulsed greatly, it came out of him. The boy became like one dead; so much that most of them said, "He is dead." 

27 But Yeshua took him by the hand, and raised him up; and he arose. 

28 When he had come into the house, his talmidim asked him privately, "Why couldn't we cast it out?" 

29 He said to them, "This kind can come out by nothing, except by prayer and fasting."


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment