Sunday, December 26, 2021

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation – December 26 – Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 












DECEMBER 26



PSALMS: 26, 56, 86, 116, 146


PROVERBS: 26


OLD TESTAMENT: NUMBERS 25:17 - 26:51


NEW TESTAMENT: LUKE 2:36 - 52



PSALMS: 26


1 Judge me, LORD, for I have walked in my integrity.

I have trusted also in LORD without wavering. 

2 Examine me, LORD, and prove me.

Try my heart and my mind. 

3 For your loving kindness is before my eyes.

I have walked in your truth. 

4 I have not sat with deceitful men,

Neither will I go in with hypocrites. 

5 I hate the assembly of evil-doers,

And will not sit with the wicked. 

6 I will wash my hands in innocence,

So I will go about your altar, LORD; 

7 That I may make the voice of thanksgiving to be heard,

And tell of all your wondrous works. 

8 LORD, I love the habitation of your house,

The place where your glory dwells. 

9 Don't gather my soul with sinners,

Nor my life with bloodthirsty men; 

10 In whose hands is wickedness,

Their right hand is full of bribes. 

11 But as for me, I will walk in my integrity.

Redeem me, and be merciful to me. 

12 My foot stands in an even place.

In the congregations will I bless the LORD.



PSALMS: 56


1 Be merciful to me, God, for man wants to swallow me up.

All day long, he attacks and oppresses me. 

2 My enemies want to swallow me up all day long,

For they are many who fight proudly against me. 

3 When I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. 

4 In God, I praise his word. In God,

I put my trust. I will not be afraid.

What can flesh do to me? 

5 All day long they twist my words.

All their thoughts are against me for evil. 

6 They conspire and lurk,

Watching my steps, they are eager to take my life. 

7 Shall they escape by iniquity? I

n anger cast down the peoples, God. 

8 You number my wanderings.

You put my tears into your bottle.

Aren't they in your book? 

9 Then shall my enemies turn back in the day that I call.

I know this, that God is for me. 

10 In God, I will praise his word. In the LORD,

I will praise his word. 

11 I have put my trust in God.

I will not be afraid.

What can man do to me? 

12 Your vows are on me, God.

I will give thank offerings to you. 

13 For you have delivered my soul from death,

And prevented my feet from falling,

That I may walk before God in the light of the living.



PSALMS: 86


1 Hear, LORD, and answer me,

For I am poor and needy. 

2 Preserve my soul, for I am godly.

You, my God, save your servant who trusts in you. 

3 Be merciful to me, Lord,

For I call to you all day long.

4 Bring joy to the soul of your servant,

For to you, Lord, do I lift up my soul. 

5 For you, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive;

Abundant in loving kindness to all those who call on you. 

6 Hear, LORD, my prayer.

Listen to the voice of my petitions. 

7  In the day of my trouble I will call on you,

For you will answer me. 

8 There is no one like you among the gods, Lord,

Nor any deeds like your deeds. 

9 All nations you have made will come and worship before you, Lord.

They shall glorify your name. 

10 For you are great, and do wondrous things.

You are God alone. 

11 Teach me your way, LORD.

I will walk in your truth.

Make my heart undivided to fear your name. 

12 I will praise you, Lord my God, with my whole heart.

I will glorify your name forevermore. 

13 For your loving kindness is great toward me.

You have delivered my soul from the lowest She'ol. 

14 God, the proud have risen up against me.

A company of violent men have sought after my soul,

And they don't hold regard for you before them. 

15 But you, Lord, are a merciful and gracious God,

Slow to anger, and abundant in loving kindness and truth. 

16 Turn to me, and have mercy on me!

Give your strength to your servant.

Save the son of your handmaid. 

17  Show me a sign of your goodness,

That those who hate me may see it, and be put to shame,

Because you, LORD, have helped me, and comforted me.



PSALMS: 116


1 I love the LORD, because he listens to my voice,

And my cries for mercy. 

2 Because he has turned his ear to me,

Therefore I will call on him as long as I live. 

3 The cords of death surrounded me,

The pains of She'ol got a hold on me.

I found trouble and sorrow. 

4 Then called I on the name of the LORD:

"The LORD, I beg you, deliver my soul." 

5 Gracious is the LORD, and righteous;

Yes, our God is merciful. 

6 The LORD preserves the simple.

I was brought low, and he saved me. 

7 Return to your rest, my soul,

For the LORD has dealt bountifully with you. 

8 For you have delivered my soul from death,

My eyes from tears,

And my feet from falling. 

9 I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living. 

10 I believed, therefore I said,

"I was greatly afflicted." 

11 I said in my haste,

"All men are liars." 

12 What will I give to the LORD for all his benefits toward me?

13 I will take the cup of salvation,

and call on the name of the LORD. 

14 I will pay my vows to the LORD,

Yes, in the presence of all his people. 

15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his holy ones. 

16 LORD, truly I am your servant.

I am your servant, the son of your handmaid.

You have freed me from my chains. 

17 I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving,

And will call on the name of the LORD. 

18 I will pay my vows to the LORD,

Yes, in the presence of all his people, 

19 In the courts of the LORD's house,

In the midst of you, Yerushalayim.

Praise the LORD!



PSALMS: 146


1 Praise the LORD!

Praise the LORD, my soul. 

2 While I live, I will praise the LORD.

I will sing praises to my God as long as I exist. 

3 Don't put your trust in princes,

Each a son of man in whom there is no help. 

4 His spirit departs, and he returns to the eretz.

In that very day, his thoughts perish. 

5 Happy is he who has the God of Ya`akov for his help,

Whose hope is in the LORD, his God: 

6 Who made heaven and eretz,

The sea, and all that is in them;

Who keeps truth forever; 

7 Who executes justice for the oppressed;

Who gives food to the hungry.

The LORD frees the prisoners. 

8 The LORD opens the eyes of the blind.

The LORD raises up those who are bowed down.

The LORD loves the righteous. 

9 The LORD preserves the sojourners.

He upholds the fatherless and widow,

But the way of the wicked he turns upside down. 

10 The LORD will reign forever;

Your God, O Tziyon, to all generations. Praise the LORD!



PROVERBS: 26


1 Like snow in summer, and as rain in harvest,

So honor is not fitting for a fool. 

2 Like a fluttering sparrow,

Like a darting swallow,

So the undeserved curse doesn't come to rest. 

3 A whip for the horse, a bridle for the donkey,

And a rod for the back of fools! 

4 Don't answer a fool according to his folly,

Lest you also be like him.

5 Answer a fool according to his folly,

Lest he be wise in his own eyes. 

6 One who sends a message by the hand of a fool

Is cutting off feet and drinking violence. 

7 Like the legs of the lame that hang loose:

So is a parable in the mouth of fools. 

8 As one who binds a stone in a sling,

So is he who gives honor to a fool. 

9 Like a thornbush that goes into the hand of a drunkard,

So is a parable in the mouth of fools. 

10 As an archer who wounds all,

So is he who hires a fool

Or he who hires those who pass by. 

11 As a dog that returns to his vomit,

So is a fool who repeats his folly. 

12 Do you see a man wise in his own eyes?

There is more hope for a fool than for him. 

13 The sluggard says,

"There is a lion in the road!

A fierce lion roams the streets!" 

14 As the door turns on its hinges,

So does the sluggard on his bed. 

15 The sluggard buries his hand in the dish.

He is too lazy to bring it back to his mouth. 

16 The sluggard is wiser in his own eyes

Than seven men who answer with discretion. 

17 Like one who seizes a dog's ears

Is one who passes by and meddles in a quarrel not his own. 

18 Like a madman who shoots firebrands, arrows, and death, 

19 Is the man who deceives his neighbor and says,

"Am I not joking?" 

20 For lack of wood the fire goes out;

Where there is no gossip, a quarrel dies down. 

21 As coals are to hot embers, And wood to fire,

So is a contentious man to kindle strife.

22 The words of a whisperer are as dainty morsels,

They go down into the innermost parts. 

23 Like silver dross on an earthen vessel

Are the lips of a fervent one with an evil heart. 

24 A malicious man disguises himself with his lips,

But he harbors evil in his heart. 

25 When his speech is charming, don't believe him;

For there are seven abominations in his heart: 

26 His malice may be concealed by deception,

But his wickedness will be exposed in the assembly. 

27 Whoever digs a pit shall fall into it. ‘

Whoever rolls a stone, it will come back on him. 

28 A lying tongue hates those it hurts;

And a flattering mouth works ruin.



OLD TESTAMENT: NUMBERS 25:17 - 26:51


25:17 Vex the Midyanim, and strike them; 18 for they vex you with their wiles, with which they have deceived you in the matter of Pe`or, and in the matter of Kozbi, the daughter of the prince of Midyan, their sister, who was slain on the day of the plague in the matter of Pe`or.


26:1 It happened after the plague, that the LORD spoke to Moshe and to El`azar the son of Aharon the Kohen, saying, 2 Take the sum of all the congregation of the children of Yisra'el, from twenty years old and upward, by their fathers' houses, all who are able to go forth to war in Yisra'el. 3 Moshe and El`azar the Kohen spoke with them in the plains of Mo'av by the Yarden at Yericho, saying, 4 [Take the sum of the people], from twenty years old and upward; as the LORD commanded Moshe and the children of Yisra'el, that came forth out of the land of Mitzrayim. 5 Re'uven, the firstborn of Yisra'el; the sons of Re'uven: [of] Hanokh, the family of the Hanokhi; of Pallu, the family of the Palluites; 6 of Hetzron, the family of the Hetzroni; of Karmi, the family of the Karmi. 7 These are the families of the Re'uveni; and those who were numbered of them were forty-three thousand seven hundred thirty. 8 The sons of Pallu: Eli'av. 9 The sons of Eli'av: Nemu'el, and Datan, and Aviram. These are that Datan and Aviram, who were called of the congregation, who strove against Moshe and against Aharon in the company of Korach, when they strove against the LORD, 10 and the eretz opened its mouth, and swallowed them up together with Korach, when that company died; what time the fire devoured two hundred fifty men, and they became a sign. 11 Notwithstanding, the sons of Korach didn't die. 12 The sons of Shim`on after their families: of Nemu'el, the family of the Nemu'eli; of Yamin, the family of the Yamini; of Yakhin, the family of the Yakhini; 13 of Zerach, the family of the Zarchi; of Sha'ul, the family of the Sha'uli. 14 These are the families of the Shim`oni, twenty-two thousand two hundred. 15 The sons of Gad after their families: of Tzefon, the family of the Tzefoni; of Haggi, the family of the Haggi; of Shuni, the family of the Shuni; 16 of Ozni, the family of the Ozni; of `Eri, the family of the `Eri; 17  of Arod, the family of the Arodi; of Ar'eli, the family of the Ar'eli. 18 These are the families of the sons of Gad according to those who were numbered of them, forty thousand and five hundred. 19 The sons of Yehudah: `Er and Onan; and `Er and Onan died in the land of Kana`an. 20 The sons of Yehudah after their families were: of Shelach, the family of the Shelani; of Peretz, the family of the Partzi; of Zerach, the family of the Zarchi. 21 The sons of Peretz were: of Hetzron, the family of the Hetzroni; of Hamul, the family of the Hamuli. 22 These are the families of Yehudah according to those who were numbered of them, seventy-six thousand five hundred. 23 The sons of Yissakhar after their families: [of] Tola, the family of the Tola`i; of Puvah, the family of the Puni; 24 of Yashuv, the family of the Yashuvi; of Shimron, the family of the Shimroni. 25  These are the families of Yissakhar according to those who were numbered of them, sixty-four thousand three hundred. 26 The sons of Zevulun after their families: of Sered, the family of the Sardi; of Elon, the family of the Eloni; of Yachle'el, the family of the Yachle'eli. 27  These are the families of the Zevuloni according to those who were numbered of them, sixty thousand five hundred. 28 The sons of Yosef after their families: Menashsheh and Efrayim. 29 The sons of Menashsheh: of Makhir, the family of the Makhiri; and Makhir became the father of Gil`ad; of Gil`ad, the family of the Gil`adi. 30 These are the sons of Gil`ad: [of] I`ezer, the family of the I`ezri; of Helek, the family of the Helki; 31 and [of] Asri'el, the family of the Asri'eli; and [of] Shekhem, the family of the Shikhmi; 32 and [of] Shemida, the family of the Shemida`i; and [of] Hefer, the family of the Hefri. 33 Tzelohchad the son of Hefer had no sons, but daughters: and the names of the daughters of Tzelohchad were Mahlach, and No`ah, Hoglah, Milkah, and Tirtzah. 34 These are the families of Menashsheh; and those who were numbered of them were fifty-two thousand seven hundred. 35 These are the sons of Efrayim after their families: of Shutelach, the family of the Shutelchi; of Bekher, the family of the Bakhri; of Tachan, the family of the Tachani. 36 These are the sons of Shutelach: of `Eran, the family of the `Erani. 37  These are the families of the sons of Efrayim according to those who were numbered of them, thirty-two thousand five hundred. These are the sons of Yosef after their families. 38 The sons of Binyamin after their families: of Bela, the family of the Bal`i; of Ashbel, the family of the Ashbeli; of Achiram, the family of the Achirami; 39 of Shefufam, the family of the Shufami; of Hufam, the family of the Hufami. 40 The sons of Bela were Ard and Na`aman: [of Ard], the family of the Ardi; of Na`aman, the family of the Na`ami. 41 These are the sons of Binyamin after their families; and those who were numbered of them were forty-five thousand six hundred. 42 These are the sons of Dan after their families: of Shucham, the family of the Shuchami. These are the families of Dan after their families. 43 All the families of the Shuchami, according to those who were numbered of them, were sixty-four thousand four hundred. 44 The sons of Asher after their families: of Yimna, the family of the Yimni; of Yishvi, the family of the Yishvi; of Beri`ah, the family of the Beri`i. 45 Of the sons of Beri`ah: of Hever, the family of the Hevri; of Malki'el, the family of the Malki'eli. 46 The name of the daughter of Asher was Serach. 47  These are the families of the sons of Asher according to those who were numbered of them, fifty-three thousand and four hundred. 48 The sons of Naftali after their families: of Yachtze'el, the family of the Yachtze'eli; of Guni, the family of the Guni; 49 of Yetzer, the family of the Yitzri; of Shillem, the family of the Shillemi. 50 These are the families of Naftali according to their families; and those who were numbered of them were forty-five thousand four hundred. 51 These are those who were numbered of the children of Yisra'el, six hundred one thousand seven hundred thirty.



NEW TESTAMENT: LUKE 2:36 - 52


2:36 There was one Hanah, a prophetess, the daughter of Penu'el, of the tribe of Asher (she was of a great age, having lived with a husband seven years from her virginity, 

37 and she had been a widow for about eighty-four years), who didn't depart from the temple, worshipping with fastings and petitions night and day. 

38 Coming up at that very hour, she gave thanks to the Lord, and spoke of him to all those who were looking for redemption in Yerushalayim. 

39 When they had accomplished all things that were according to the law of the Lord, they returned into the Galil, to their own city, Natzeret. 

40 The child grew, and grew strong in spirit, filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was on him. 

41 His parents went every year to Yerushalayim at the feast of the Pesach. 

42 When he was twelve years old, they went up to Yerushalayim according to the custom of the feast, 

43 and when they had fulfilled the days, as they were returning, the boy Yeshua stayed behind in Yerushalayim. Yosef and his mother didn't know it, 

44 but supposing him to be in the company, they went a day's journey, and they looked for him among their relatives and acquaintances. 

45 When they didn't find him, they returned to Yerushalayim, looking for him. 

46 It happened after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them, and asking them questions. 

47 All who heard him were amazed at his understanding and his answers. 

48 When they saw him, they were astonished, and his mother said to him, "Son, why have you treated us this way? Behold, your father and I were anxiously looking for you." 

49 He said to them, "Why were you looking for me? Didn't you know that I must be in my Father's house?"

50 They didn't understand the saying which he spoke to them. 

51 He went down with them, and came to Natzeret. He was subject to them, and his mother kept all these sayings in her heart. 

52 Yeshua advanced in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment