Thursday, January 26, 2023

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation – January 26 – Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 












JANUARY 26


PSALMS: 26, 56, 86, 116, 146


PROVERBS: 26


OLD TESTAMENT: JOSHUA 15:1 - 63


NEW TESTAMENT: LUKE 18:18 - 43


PSALMS: 26


1 Judge me, LORD, for I have walked in my integrity.

I have trusted also in LORD without wavering. 

2 Examine me, LORD, and prove me.

Try my heart and my mind. 

3 For your loving kindness is before my eyes.

I have walked in your truth. 

4 I have not sat with deceitful men,

Neither will I go in with hypocrites. 

5 I hate the assembly of evil-doers,

And will not sit with the wicked. 

6 I will wash my hands in innocence,

So I will go about your altar, LORD; 

7 That I may make the voice of thanksgiving to be heard,

And tell of all your wondrous works. 

8 LORD, I love the habitation of your house,

The place where your glory dwells. 

9 Don't gather my soul with sinners,

Nor my life with bloodthirsty men; 

10 In whose hands is wickedness,

Their right hand is full of bribes. 

11 But as for me, I will walk in my integrity.

Redeem me, and be merciful to me. 

12 My foot stands in an even place.

In the congregations will I bless the LORD.



PSALMS: 56


1 Be merciful to me, God, for man wants to swallow me up.

All day long, he attacks and oppresses me. 

2 My enemies want to swallow me up all day long,

For they are many who fight proudly against me. 

3 When I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. 

4 In God, I praise his word. In God,

I put my trust. I will not be afraid.

What can flesh do to me? 

5 All day long they twist my words.

All their thoughts are against me for evil. 

6 They conspire and lurk,

Watching my steps, they are eager to take my life. 

7 Shall they escape by iniquity? I

n anger cast down the peoples, God. 

8 You number my wanderings.

You put my tears into your bottle.

Aren't they in your book? 

9 Then shall my enemies turn back in the day that I call.

I know this, that God is for me. 

10 In God, I will praise his word. In the LORD,

I will praise his word. 

11 I have put my trust in God.

I will not be afraid.

What can man do to me? 

12 Your vows are on me, God.

I will give thank offerings to you. 

13 For you have delivered my soul from death,

And prevented my feet from falling,

That I may walk before God in the light of the living.



PSALMS: 86


1 Hear, LORD, and answer me,

For I am poor and needy. 

2 Preserve my soul, for I am godly.

You, my God, save your servant who trusts in you. 

3 Be merciful to me, Lord,

For I call to you all day long.

4 Bring joy to the soul of your servant,

For to you, Lord, do I lift up my soul. 

5 For you, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive;

Abundant in loving kindness to all those who call on you. 

6 Hear, LORD, my prayer.

Listen to the voice of my petitions. 

7  In the day of my trouble I will call on you,

For you will answer me. 

8 There is no one like you among the gods, Lord,

Nor any deeds like your deeds. 

9 All nations you have made will come and worship before you, Lord.

They shall glorify your name. 

10 For you are great, and do wondrous things.

You are God alone. 

11 Teach me your way, LORD.

I will walk in your truth.

Make my heart undivided to fear your name. 

12 I will praise you, Lord my God, with my whole heart.

I will glorify your name forevermore. 

13 For your loving kindness is great toward me.

You have delivered my soul from the lowest She'ol. 

14 God, the proud have risen up against me.

A company of violent men have sought after my soul,

And they don't hold regard for you before them. 

15 But you, Lord, are a merciful and gracious God,

Slow to anger, and abundant in loving kindness and truth. 

16 Turn to me, and have mercy on me!

Give your strength to your servant.

Save the son of your handmaid. 

17  Show me a sign of your goodness,

That those who hate me may see it, and be put to shame,

Because you, LORD, have helped me, and comforted me.



PSALMS: 116


1 I love the LORD, because he listens to my voice,

And my cries for mercy. 

2 Because he has turned his ear to me,

Therefore I will call on him as long as I live. 

3 The cords of death surrounded me,

The pains of She'ol got a hold on me.

I found trouble and sorrow. 

4 Then called I on the name of the LORD:

"The LORD, I beg you, deliver my soul." 

5 Gracious is the LORD, and righteous;

Yes, our God is merciful. 

6 The LORD preserves the simple.

I was brought low, and he saved me. 

7 Return to your rest, my soul,

For the LORD has dealt bountifully with you. 

8 For you have delivered my soul from death,

My eyes from tears,

And my feet from falling. 

9 I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living. 

10 I believed, therefore I said,

"I was greatly afflicted." 

11 I said in my haste,

"All men are liars." 

12 What will I give to the LORD for all his benefits toward me?

13 I will take the cup of salvation,

and call on the name of the LORD. 

14 I will pay my vows to the LORD,

Yes, in the presence of all his people. 

15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his holy ones. 

16 LORD, truly I am your servant.

I am your servant, the son of your handmaid.

You have freed me from my chains. 

17 I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving,

And will call on the name of the LORD. 

18 I will pay my vows to the LORD,

Yes, in the presence of all his people, 

19 In the courts of the LORD's house,

In the midst of you, Yerushalayim.

Praise the LORD!



PSALMS: 146


1 Praise the LORD!

Praise the LORD, my soul. 

2 While I live, I will praise the LORD.

I will sing praises to my God as long as I exist. 

3 Don't put your trust in princes,

Each a son of man in whom there is no help. 

4 His spirit departs, and he returns to the eretz.

In that very day, his thoughts perish. 

5 Happy is he who has the God of Ya`akov for his help,

Whose hope is in the LORD, his God: 

6 Who made heaven and eretz,

The sea, and all that is in them;

Who keeps truth forever; 

7 Who executes justice for the oppressed;

Who gives food to the hungry.

The LORD frees the prisoners. 

8 The LORD opens the eyes of the blind.

The LORD raises up those who are bowed down.

The LORD loves the righteous. 

9 The LORD preserves the sojourners.

He upholds the fatherless and widow,

But the way of the wicked he turns upside down. 

10 The LORD will reign forever;

Your God, O Tziyon, to all generations. Praise the LORD!



PROVERBS: 26


1 Like snow in summer, and as rain in harvest,

So honor is not fitting for a fool. 

2 Like a fluttering sparrow,

Like a darting swallow,

So the undeserved curse doesn't come to rest. 

3 A whip for the horse, a bridle for the donkey,

And a rod for the back of fools! 

4 Don't answer a fool according to his folly,

Lest you also be like him.

5 Answer a fool according to his folly,

Lest he be wise in his own eyes. 

6 One who sends a message by the hand of a fool

Is cutting off feet and drinking violence. 

7 Like the legs of the lame that hang loose:

So is a parable in the mouth of fools. 

8 As one who binds a stone in a sling,

So is he who gives honor to a fool. 

9 Like a thornbush that goes into the hand of a drunkard,

So is a parable in the mouth of fools. 

10 As an archer who wounds all,

So is he who hires a fool

Or he who hires those who pass by. 

11 As a dog that returns to his vomit,

So is a fool who repeats his folly. 

12 Do you see a man wise in his own eyes?

There is more hope for a fool than for him. 

13 The sluggard says,

"There is a lion in the road!

A fierce lion roams the streets!" 

14 As the door turns on its hinges,

So does the sluggard on his bed. 

15 The sluggard buries his hand in the dish.

He is too lazy to bring it back to his mouth. 

16 The sluggard is wiser in his own eyes

Than seven men who answer with discretion. 

17 Like one who seizes a dog's ears

Is one who passes by and meddles in a quarrel not his own. 

18 Like a madman who shoots firebrands, arrows, and death, 

19 Is the man who deceives his neighbor and says,

"Am I not joking?" 

20 For lack of wood the fire goes out;

Where there is no gossip, a quarrel dies down. 

21 As coals are to hot embers, And wood to fire,

So is a contentious man to kindle strife.

22 The words of a whisperer are as dainty morsels,

They go down into the innermost parts. 

23 Like silver dross on an earthen vessel

Are the lips of a fervent one with an evil heart. 

24 A malicious man disguises himself with his lips,

But he harbors evil in his heart. 

25 When his speech is charming, don't believe him;

For there are seven abominations in his heart: 

26 His malice may be concealed by deception,

But his wickedness will be exposed in the assembly. 

27 Whoever digs a pit shall fall into it. ‘

Whoever rolls a stone, it will come back on him. 

28 A lying tongue hates those it hurts;

And a flattering mouth works ruin.



OLD TESTAMENT: JOSHUA 15:1 - 63


15:1 The lot for the tribe of the children of Yehudah according to their families was to the border of Edom, even to the wilderness of Tzin southward, at the uttermost part of the south. 

2 Their south border was from the uttermost part of the Salt Sea, from the bay that looks southward; 

3 and it went out southward of the ascent of `Akrabbim, and passed along to Tzin, and went up by the south of Kadesh-Barnea, and passed along by Hetzron, and went up to Addar, and turned about to Karka; 

4 and it passed along to `Atzmon, and went out at the brook of Mitzrayim; and the goings out of the border were at the sea: this shall be your south border. 

5 The east border was the Salt Sea, even to the end of the Yarden. The border of the north quarter was from the bay of the sea at the end of the Yarden; 

6 and the border went up to Beit-Hoglah, and passed along by the north of Beit-Ha`aravah; and the border went up to the stone of Bohan the son of Re'uven; 

7  and the border went up to Devir from the valley of `Akhor, and so northward, looking toward Gilgal, that is over against the ascent of Adummim, which is on the south side of the river; and the border passed along to the waters of `En-Shemesh, and the goings out of it were at `En-Rogel; 

8 and the border went up by the valley of the son of Hinnom to the side of the Yevusi southward (the same is Yerushalayim); and the border went up to the top of the mountain that lies before the valley of Hinnom westward, which is at the uttermost part of the valley of Refa'im northward; 

9 and the border extended from the top of the mountain to the spring of the waters of Nefto'ach, and went out to the cities of Mount `Efron; and the border extended to Ba`alah (the same is Kiryat-Ye`arim); 

10 and the border turned about from Ba`alah westward to Mount Se`ir, and passed along to the side of Mount Ye`arim on the north (the same is Kesalon), and went down to Beit-Shemesh, and passed along by Timnah; 

11 and the border went out to the side of `Ekron northward; and the border extended to Shikron, and passed along to Mount Ba`alah, and went out at Yavne'el; and the goings out of the border were at the sea. 

12 The west border was to the great sea, and the border [of it]. This is the border of the children of Yehudah round about according to their families. 

13 To Kalev the son of Yefunneh he gave a portion among the children of Yehudah, according to the mitzvah of the LORD to Yehoshua, even Kiryat-Arba, [which Arba was] the father of `Anak (the same is Hevron). 

14 Kalev drove out there the three sons of `Anak: Sheshai, and Achiman, and Talmai, the children of `Anak. 

15 He went up there against the inhabitants of Devir: now the name of Devir before was Kiryat-Sefer. 

16 Kalev said, He who strikes Kiryat-Sefer, and takes it, to him will I give `Akhsah my daughter as wife. 

17  `Otni'el the son of Kenaz, the brother of Kalev, took it: and he gave him `Akhsah his daughter as wife. 

18 It happened, when she came [to him], that she moved him to ask of her father a field: and she alighted from off her donkey; and Kalev said, What would you? 

19 She said, Give me a blessing; for that you have set me in the land of the South, give me also springs of water. He gave her the upper springs and the lower springs. 

20 This is the inheritance of the tribe of the children of Yehudah according to their families. 

21 The uttermost cities of the tribe of the children of Yehudah toward the border of Edom in the South were Kavtz'el, and `Eder, and Yagur, 

22  and Kinah, and Dimonah, and `Ad`adah, 

23 and Kedesh, and Hatzor, and Yitnan, 

24 Zif, and Telem, and Be`alot, 

25 and Hazor, Hadattah, and Keriot, and Hetzron (the same is Hatzor), 

26 Amam, and Shema, and Moladah, 

27  and Hatzar-Gaddah, and Heshmon, and Beit-Pelet, 

28 and Hatzar-Shu`al, and Be'er-Sheva, and Bizyotyah, 

29 Ba`alah, and `Iyim, and `Etzem,

30 and Eltolad, and Kesil, and Hormah, 

31 and Tziklag, and Madmannah, and Sansannah, 

32 and Leva'ot, and Shilchim, and `Ayin, and Rimmon: all the cities are twenty-nine, with their villages.

33 In the lowland, Eshta'ol, and Tzor`ah, and Ashnah, 

34 and Zanoach, and `En-Gannim, Tappuach, and `Enam, 

35 Yarmut, and `Adullam, Sokho, and `Azeka, 

36 and Sha`arayim, and `Aditayim, and Gederah, and Gederotayim; fourteen cities with their villages.

37  Tzenan, and Hadashah, and Migdal-gad, 

38 and Dil`an, and Mitzpeh, and Yokte'el, 

39 Lakhish, and Botzkat, and `Eglon, 

40 and Kabbon, and Lachmas, and Kitlish, 

41 and Kederot, Beit-Dagon, and Na`amah, and Makkedah; sixteen cities with their villages. 

42 Livna, and `Eter, and `Ashan, 

43 and Yiftach, and Ashnah, and Netziv, 

44 and Ke`ilah, and Akhziv, and Mareshah; nine cities with their villages. 

45 `Ekron, with its towns and its villages; 

46 from `Ekron even to the sea, all that were by the side of Ashdod, with their villages. 

47 Ashdod, its towns and its villages; `Aza, its towns and its villages; to the brook of Mitzrayim, and the great sea, and the border [of it]. 

48 In the hill-country, Shamir, and Yattir, and Sokho, 

49 and Dannah, and Kiryat-Sannah (the same is Devir), 

50 and `Anav, and Eshtemoh, and `Anim, 

51 and Goshen, and Holon, and Giloh; eleven cities with their villages. 

52 Arav, and Dumah, and Esh`an, 

53 and Yanus, and Beit-Tappuach, and Afekah, 

54 and Humtah, and Kiryat-Arba (the same is Hevron), and Tzi`or; nine cities with their villages. 

55 Ma`on, Karmel, and Zif, and Yutah, 

56 and Yizre`el, and Yokde`am, and Zanoach, 

57  Kayin, Gevah, and Timnah; ten cities with their villages. 

58 Halchul, Beit-Tzur, and Gedor, 

59 and Ma`arat, and Beit-`Anot, and Eltekon; six cities with their villages. 

60 Kiryat-Ba`al (the same is Kiryat-Ye`arim), and Rabbah; two cities with their villages. 

61 In the wilderness, Beit-Ha`aravah, Middin, and Sekhakhah, 

62 and Nivshan, and the `Ir-Hamelach, and `En-Gedi; six cities with their villages. 

63 As for the Yevusi, the inhabitants of Yerushalayim, the children of Yehudah couldn't drive them out: but the Yevusi dwell with the children of Yehudah at Yerushalayim to this day.



NEW TESTAMENT: LUKE 18:18 - 43


18:18 A certain ruler asked him, saying, "Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?" 

19 Yeshua asked him, "Why do you call me good? No one is good, except one -- God. 

20 You know the mitzvot: 'Don't commit adultery,' 'Don't murder,' 'Don't steal,' 'Don't give false testimony,' 'Honor your father and your mother.'" 

21 He said, "I have observed all these things from my youth up." 

22 When Yeshua heard these things, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell all that you have, and distribute it to the poor. You will have treasure in heaven. Come, follow me." 

23 But when he heard these things, he became very sad, for he was very rich. 

24 Yeshua, seeing that he became very sad, said, "How hard it is for those who have riches to enter into the kingdom of God! 

25 For it is easier for a camel to enter in through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." 

26 Those who heard it said, "Then who can be saved?" 

27 But he said, "The things which are impossible with men are possible with God." 

28 Kefa said, "Look, we have left everything, and followed you." 

29 He said to them, "Most assuredly I tell you, there is no one who has left house, or wife, or brothers, or parents, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake, 

30 who will not receive many times more in this time, and in the world to come, eternal life." 

31 He took the twelve aside, and said to them, "Behold, we are going up to Yerushalayim, and all the things that are written through the prophets concerning the Son of Man will be completed.

32 For he will be delivered up to the Goyim, will be mocked, treated shamefully, and spit on. 

33 They will scourge and kill him. On the third day, he will rise again." 

34 They understood none of these things. This saying was hidden from them, and they didn't understand the things that were said. 

35 It happened, as he came near Yericho, a certain blind man sat by the road, begging. 

36 Hearing a multitude going by, he asked what this meant. 

37 They told him that Yeshua of Natzeret was passing by. 

38 He cried out, "Yeshua, you son of David, have mercy on me!" 

39 Those who led the way rebuked him, that he should be quiet; but he cried out all the more, "You son of David, have mercy on me!" 

40 Yeshua, standing, commanded him to be brought to him. When he had come near, he asked him, 

41"What do you want me to do?" He said, "Lord, that I may see again."

42 Yeshua said to him, "Receive your sight. Your faith has healed you." 

43 Immediately he received his sight, and followed him, glorifying God. All the people, when they saw it, praised God.


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment