Sunday, January 8, 2023

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation – January 8 – Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 












JANUARY 8



PSALMS: 8, 38, 68, 98, 128


PROVERBS: 8


OLD TESTAMENT: DEUTERONOMY 13:1 - 15:23


NEW TESTAMENT: LUKE 8:40 - 9:6



PSALMS: 8


1 LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the eretz,

Who has set your glory above the heavens! 

2 From the lips of babes and infants you have established strength,

Because of your adversaries, that you might silence the enemy and the avenger. 

3 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers,

The moon and the stars, which you have ordained; 

4 What is man, that you think of him?

The son of man, that you care for him? 

5 For you have made him a little lower than God,

And crowned him with glory and honor. 

6 You make him ruler over the works of your hands.

You have put all things under his feet: 

7 All sheep and oxen,

Yes, and the animals of the field, 

8 The birds of the sky, the fish of the sea,

And whatever passes through the paths of the seas. 

9 LORD, our Lord,

How majestic is your name in all the eretz!



PSALMS: 38


1 LORD, don't rebuke me in your wrath,

Neither chasten me in your hot displeasure. 

2 For your arrows have pierced me,

Your hand presses hard on me. 

3 There is no soundness in my flesh because of your indignation,

Neither is there any health in my bones because of my sin. 

4 For my iniquities have gone over my head.

As a heavy burden, they are too heavy for me. 

5 My wounds are loathsome and corrupt,

Because of my foolishness. 

6 I am pained and bowed down greatly.

I go mourning all day long. 

7 For my loins are filled with burning.

There is no soundness in my flesh. 

8 I am faint and severely bruised.

I have groaned by reason of the anguish of my heart. 

9 Lord, all my desire is before you.

My groaning is not hidden from you. 

10 My heart throbs. My strength fails me.

As for the light of my eyes, it also is gone from me. 

11 My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my plague.

My kinsmen stand afar off. 

12 They also who seek after my life lay snares.

Those who seek my hurt speak mischievous things,

And meditate deceits all day long. 

13 But I, as a deaf man, don't hear.

I am as a mute man who doesn't open his mouth. 

14 Yes, I am as a man who doesn't hear,

In whose mouth are no reproofs. 

15 For in you, LORD, do I hope.

You will answer, Lord my God. 

16 For I said, "Don't let them gloat over me,

Or exalt themselves over me when my foot slips." 

17  For I am ready to fall.

My pain is continually before me. 

18 For I will declare my iniquity.

I will be sorry for my sin. 

19 But my enemies are vigorous and many.

Those who hate me without reason are numerous. 

20 They who also render evil for good are adversaries to me,

Because I follow what is good. 

21 Don't forsake me, LORD.

My God, don't be far from me.

22 Hurry to help me,

Lord, my salvation.



PSALMS: 68


1 Let God arise!

Let his enemies be scattered!

Let them who hate him also flee before him. 

2 As smoke is driven away, so drive them away.

As wax melts before the fire,

So let the wicked perish at the presence of God. 

3 But let the righteous be glad.

Let them rejoice before God.

Yes, let them rejoice with gladness. 

4 Sing to God! Sing praises to his name!

Extol him who rides on the clouds -- To the LORD, his name!

Rejoice before him. 

5 A father of the fatherless, and a defender of the widows,

Is God in his holy habitation.

6 God sets the lonely in families.

He brings out the prisoners with singing,

But the rebellious dwell in a sun-scorched land. 

7 God, when you went forth before your people,

When you marched through the wilderness...

Selah. 

8 The eretz trembled.

The sky also poured down rain at the presence of the God of Sinai --

At the presence of God, the God of Yisra'el. 

9 You, God, sent a plentiful rain.

You confirmed your inheritance, when it was weary. 

10 Your congregation lived therein.

You, God, prepared your goodness for the poor. 

11 The Lord announced the word.

The ones who proclaim it are a great company. 

12 "Kings of armies flee! They flee!"

She who waits at home divides the spoil, 

13 While you sleep among the campfires,

The wings of a dove sheathed with silver,

Her feathers with shining gold. 

14 When Shaddai scattered kings in her,

It snowed on Tzalmon. 

15 The mountains of Bashan are majestic mountains.

The mountains of Bashan are rugged. 

16 Why do you look in envy, you rugged mountains,

At the mountain where God chooses to reign?

Yes, the LORD will dwell there forever. 

17 The chariots of God are tens of thousands and thousands of thousands.

The Lord is among them, from Sinai, into the sanctuary. 

18 You have ascended on high.

You have led away captives.

You have received gifts among men,

Yes, among the rebellious also,

that the LORD God might dwell there. 

19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears our burdens,

Even the God who is our salvation. Selah. 

20 God is to us a God of deliverance.

To the LORD, the Lord,

belongs escape from death. 

21 But God will strike through the head of his enemies,

The hairy scalp of such a one as still continues in his guiltiness. 

22 The Lord said, "I will bring you again from Bashan,

I will bring you again from the depths of the sea; 

23 That you may crush them, dipping your foot in blood,

That the tongues of your dogs may have their portion from your enemies." 

24 They have seen your goings, God,

Even the goings of my God, my King, into the sanctuary. 

25 The singers went before, the minstrels followed after,

In the midst of the ladies playing with timbrels, 

26"Bless God in the congregations,

Even the Lord in the assembly of Yisra'el!" 

27 There is little Binyamin, their ruler,

The princes of Yehudah, their council,

The princes of Zevulun, and the princes of Naftali. 

28 Your God has commanded your strength.

Strengthen, God, that which you have done for us. 

29 Because of your temple at Yerushalayim,

Kings shall bring presents to you. 

30 Rebuke the wild animal of the reeds,

The multitude of the bulls, with the calves of the peoples.

Being humbled, may it bring bars of silver.

Scatter the nations that delight in war. 

31 Princes shall come out of Mitzrayim.

Kush shall hurry to stretch out her hands to God. 

32 Sing to God, you kingdoms of the eretz!

Sing praises to the Lord!

Selah. 

33 To him who rides on the heaven of heavens, which are of old;

Behold, he utters his voice, a mighty voice. 

34 Ascribe strength to God!

His excellency is over Yisra'el,

His strength is in the skies. 

35 You are awesome, God, in your sanctuaries.

The God of Yisra'el gives strength and power to his people.

Praise be to God!



PSALMS: 98


1 Sing to the LORD a new song,

For he has done marvelous things!

His right hand, and his holy arm,

have worked salvation for him. 

2 The LORD has made known his yeshu`ah.

He has openly shown his righteousness in the sight of the nations. 

3 He has remembered his loving kindness

and his faithfulness toward the house of Yisra'el.

All the ends of the eretz have seen the yeshu`ah of our God. 

4 Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the eretz!

Burst out and sing for joy, yes, sing praises! 

5 Sing praises to the LORD with the harp,

With the harp and the voice of melody. 

6 With trumpets and sound of the ram's horn.

Make a joyful noise before the King, the LORD. 

7  Let the sea roar with its fullness;

The world, and those who dwell therein. 

8 Let the rivers clap their hands.

Let the mountains sing for joy together. 

9 Let them sing before the LORD,

For he comes to judge the eretz.

He will judge the world with righteousness,

And the peoples with equity.



PSALMS: 128


1 Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD,

Who walks in his ways. 

2 For you will eat the labor of your hands.

You will be happy, and it will be well with you. 

3 Your wife will be as a fruitful vine,

In the innermost parts of your house;

Your children like olive plants, Around your table. 

4 Behold, thus is the man blessed who fears the LORD. 

5 May the LORD bless you out of Tziyon,

And may you see the good of Yerushalayim all the days of your life. 

6 Yes, may you see your children's children.

Shalom be upon Yisra'el.



PROVERBS: 8


1 Doesn't wisdom cry out?

Doesn't understanding raise her voice?

2 On the top of high places by the way,

Where the paths meet, she stands. 

3 Beside the gates, at the entry of the city,

At the entry doors, she cries aloud: 

4 "To you men, I call!

I send my voice to the sons of mankind. 

5 You simple, understand prudence.

You fools, be of an understanding heart. 

6 Hear, for I will speak excellent things.

The opening of my lips is for right things. 

7 For my mouth speaks truth.

Wickedness is an abomination to my lips. 

8 All the words of my mouth are in righteousness.

There is nothing crooked or perverse in them. 

9 They are all plain to him who understands,

Right to those who find knowledge. 

10 Receive my instruction rather than silver;

Knowledge rather than choice gold. 

11 For wisdom is better than rubies.

All the things that may be desired can't be compared to it. 

12 "I, wisdom, have made prudence my dwelling.

Find out knowledge and discretion. 

13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil.

I hate pride, arrogance, the evil way, and the perverse mouth. 

14 Counsel and sound knowledge are mine.

I have understanding and power. 

15 By me kings reign,

And princes decree justice. 

16 By me princes rule; Nobles,

and all the righteous rulers of the eretz. 

17 I love those who love me.

Those who seek me diligently will find me. 

18 With me are riches, honor,

Enduring wealth, and prosperity. 

19 My fruit is better than gold, yes, than fine gold;

My yield than choice silver. 

20 I walk in the way of righteousness,

In the midst of the paths of justice; 

21 That I may give wealth to those who love me.

I fill their treasuries.

22 "The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his work,

Before his deeds of old. 

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning,

Before the eretz existed. 

24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth,
When there were no springs abounding with water. 

25 Before the mountains were settled in place,

Before the hills, I was brought forth; 

26 While as yet he had not made the eretz, nor the fields,

Nor the beginning of the dust of the world. 

27  When he established the heavens, I was there;

When he set a circle on the surface of the deep, 

28 When he established the clouds above,

When the springs of the deep became strong, 

29 When he gave to the sea its boundary,

That the waters should not violate his mitzvah,

When he marked out the foundations of the eretz; 

30 Then I was the craftsman by his side.

I was a delight day by day,

Always rejoicing before him, 

31 Rejoicing in his whole world.

My delight was with the sons of men. 

32 "Now therefore, my sons, listen to me,

For blessed are those who keep my ways. 

33 Hear instruction, and be wise, Don't refuse it. 

34 Blessed is the man who hears me,

Watching daily at my gates,

Waiting at my door posts. 

35 For whoever finds me, finds life,

And will obtain favor from the LORD. 

36 But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul.

All those who hate me love death."



OLD TESTAMENT: DEUTERONOMY 13:1 - 15:23


13:1 If there arise in the midst of you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and he give you a sign or a wonder, 2 and the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spoke to you, saying, Let us go after other gods, which you have not known, and let us serve them; 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet, or to that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proves you, to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 You shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his mitzvot, and obey his voice, and you shall serve him, and cleave to him. 5 That prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death, because he has spoken rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Mitzrayim, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to draw you aside out of the way which the LORD your God commanded you to walk in. So shall you put away the evil from the midst of you. 6 If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son, or your daughter, or the wife of your bosom, or your friend, who is as your own soul, entice you secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which you have not known, you, nor your fathers; 7  of the gods of the peoples who are round about you, near to you, or far off from you, from the one end of the eretz even to the other end of the eretz; 8 you shall not consent to him, nor listen to him; neither shall your eye pity him, neither shall you spare, neither shall you conceal him: 9 but you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first on him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 You shall stone him to death with stones, because he has sought to draw you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Mitzrayim, out of the house of bondage. 

11 All Yisra'el shall hear, and fear, and shall not do any more such wickedness as this is in the midst of you.12 If you shall hear tell concerning one of your cities, which the LORD your God gives you to dwell there, saying, 13 Certain base fellows are gone out from the midst of you, and have drawn away the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which you have not known; 14 then shall you inquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is done in the midst of you, 15 you shall surely strike the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein and the cattle of it, with the edge of the sword. 16 You shall gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street of it, and shall burn with fire the city, and all the spoil of it every whit, to the LORD your God: and it shall be a heap forever; it shall not be built again. 

17  There shall cleave nothing of the devoted thing to your hand; that the LORD may turn from the fierceness of his anger, and show you mercy, and have compassion on you, and multiply you, as he has sworn to your fathers; 18 when you shall listen to the voice of the LORD your God, to keep all his mitzvot which I command you this day, to do that which is right in the eyes of the LORD your God.


14:1 You are the children of the LORD your God: you shall not cut yourselves, nor make any baldness between your eyes for the dead. 2 For you are a holy people to the LORD your God, and the LORD has chosen you to be a people for his own possession, above all peoples who are on the face of the eretz. 3 You shall not eat any abominable thing. 4 These are the animals which you may eat: the ox, the sheep, and the goat, 5 the hart, and the gazelle, and the roebuck, and the wild goat, and the gazelle, and the antelope, and the chamois. 6 Every animal that parts the hoof, and has the hoof cloven in two, [and] chews the cud, among the animals, that may you eat. 7  Nevertheless these you shall not eat of them that chew the cud, or of those who have the hoof cloven: the camel, and the hare, and the rabbit; because they chew the cud but don't part the hoof, they are unclean to you. 8 The pig, because he doesn't part the hoof but doesn't chew the cud, he is unclean to you: of their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch. 9 These you may eat of all that are in the waters: whatever has fins and scales may you eat; 10 and whatever doesn't have fins and scales you shall not eat; it is unclean to you. 11 Of all clean birds you may eat.12 But these are they of which you shall not eat: the eagle, and the peres, and the ozniah, 13 and the red kite, and the ayah, and the daah after its kind, 14 and every orev after its kind, 15 and the bas haya`anah, and the takhmos, and the sea-mew, and the netz after its kind, 16  the kos, and the yanshuf, and the tanshemet, 17  and the ka`at, and the rakham, and the shalakh, 18 and the khasidah, and the anafah after its kind, and the dukifat, and the atalef. 19 All winged creeping things are unclean to you: they shall not be eaten. 20 Of all clean birds you may eat. 21 You shall not eat of anything that dies of itself: you may give it to the sojourner who is within your gates, that he may eat it; or you may sell it to a foreigner: for you are a holy people to the LORD your God. You shall not boil a kid in its mother's milk. 22 You shall surely tithe all the increase of your seed, that which comes forth from the field year by year. 23 You shall eat before the LORD your God, in the place which he shall choose, to cause his name to dwell there, the tithe of your grain, of your new wine, and of your oil, and the firstborn of your herd and of your flock; that you may learn to fear the LORD your God always. 24 If the way be too long for you, so that you are not able to carry it, because the place is too far from you, which the LORD your God shall choose, to set his name there, when the LORD your God shall bless you; 25 then shall you turn it into money, and bind up the money in your hand, and shall go to the place which the LORD your God shall choose: 26 and you shall bestow the money for whatever your soul desires, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatever your soul asks of you; and you shall eat there before the LORD your God, and you shall rejoice, you and your household. 27  The Levite who is within your gates, you shall not forsake him; for he has no portion nor inheritance with you. 28 At the end of every three years you shall bring forth all the tithe of your increase in the same year, and shall lay it up within your gates: 29 and the Levite, because he has no portion nor inheritance with you, and the sojourner, and the fatherless, and the widow, who are within your gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hand which you do.


15:1 At the end of every seven years you shall make a release. 2 This is the manner of the release: every creditor shall release that which he has lent to his neighbor; he shall not exact it of his neighbor and his brother; because the LORD's release has been proclaimed. 3 Of a foreigner you may exact it: but whatever of your is with your brother your hand shall release. 4 However there shall be no poor with you; (for the LORD will surely bless you in the land which the LORD your God gives you for an inheritance to possess it;) 5 if only you diligently listen to the voice of the LORD your God, to observe to do all this mitzvah which I command you this day. 6 For the LORD your God will bless you, as he promised you: and you shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow; and you shall rule over many nations, but they shall not rule over you. 7  If there be with you a poor man, one of your brothers, within any of your gates in your land which the LORD your God gives you, you shall not harden your heart, nor shut your hand from your poor brother; 8 but you shall surely open your hand to him, and shall surely lend him sufficient for his need [in that] which he wants. 9 Beware that there not be a base thought in your heart, saying, The seventh year, the year of release, is at hand; and your eye be evil against your poor brother, and you give him nothing; and he cry to the LORD against you, and it be sin to you. 10 You shall surely give him, and your heart shall not be grieved when you give to him; because that for this thing the LORD your God will bless you in all your work, and in all that you put your hand to. 11 For the poor will never cease out of the land: therefore I command you, saying, You shall surely open your hand to your brother, to your needy, and to your poor, in your land. 12 If your brother, a Hebrew man, or a Hebrew woman, be sold to you, and serve you six years; then in the seventh year you shall let him go free from you. 13 When you let him go free from you, you shall not let him go empty: 14 you shall furnish him liberally out of your flock, and out of your threshing floor, and out of your winepress; as the LORD your God has blessed you, you shall give to him. 15  You shall remember that you were a bondservant in the land of Mitzrayim, and the LORD your God redeemed you: therefore I command you this thing today. 16 It shall be, if he tell you, I will not go out from you; because he loves you and your house, because he is well with you; 17  then you shall take an awl, and thrust it through his ear to the door, and he shall be your servant forever. Also to your maid-servant you shall do likewise. 18 It shall not seem hard to you, when you let him go free from you; for to the double of the hire of a hireling has he served you six years: and the LORD your God will bless you in all that you do. 19 All the firstborn males that are born of your herd and of your flock you shall sanctify to the LORD your God: you shall do no work with the firstborn of your herd, nor shear the firstborn of your flock. 20 You shall eat it before the LORD your God year by year in the place which the LORD shall choose, you and your household. 21 If it have any blemish, [as if it be] lame or blind, any ill blemish whatever, you shall not sacrifice it to the LORD your God. 22 You shall eat it within your gates: the unclean and the clean [shall eat it] alike, as the gazelle, and as the hart. 23 Only you shall not eat its blood; you shall pour it out on the ground as water.



NEW TESTAMENT: LUKE 8:40 - 9:6


8:40 It happened, as Yeshua returned, the multitude welcomed him, for they were all waiting for him. 41 Behold, there came a man named Ya'ir, and he was a ruler of the synagogue. He fell down at Yeshua' feet, and begged him to come into his house, 42 for he had an only daughter, about twelve years of age, and she was dying. But as he went, the multitudes thronged him. 43 A woman who had a flow of blood for twelve years, who had spent all her living on physicians, and could not be healed by any, 44 came behind him, and touched the tzitzit of his cloak, and immediately the flow of her blood stopped. 45 Yeshua said, "Who touched me?" When all denied, Kefa and those with him said, "Master, the multitudes press and jostle you, and you say, 'Who touched me?'" 46 But Yeshua said, "Someone did touch me, for I perceived that power has gone out of me." 47 When the woman saw that she was not hidden, she came trembling, and falling down before him declared to him in the presence of all the people the reason why she had touched him, and how she was healed immediately. 48 He said to her, "Daughter, cheer up. Your faith has made you well. Go in shalom." 49 While he still spoke, one from the ruler of the synagogue's house came, saying to him, "Your daughter is dead. Don't trouble the Teacher."50 But Yeshua hearing it, answered him, "Don't be afraid. Only believe, and she will be healed." 51 When he came to the house, he didn't allow anyone to enter in, except Kefa, Yochanan, Ya`akov, the father of the girl, and her mother. 52 All were weeping and mourning her, but he said, "Don't weep. She isn't dead, but sleeping." 53 They laughed him to scorn, knowing that she was dead. 54 But he put them all outside, and taking her by the hand, he called, saying, "Little girl, arise!" 55 Her spirit returned, and she rose up immediately. He commanded that something be given to her to eat. 56 Her parents were amazed, but he charged them to tell no one what had been done.


9:1 He called the twelve together, and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases. 2 He sent them forth to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick. 3 He said to them, "Take nothing for your journey -- neither staffs, nor wallet, nor bread, nor money; neither have two coats apiece. 4 Into whatever house you enter, stay there, and depart from there. 5 As many as don't receive you, when you depart from that city, shake off even the dust from your feet for a testimony against them." 6 They departed, and went throughout the villages, preaching the Good News, and healing everywhere.


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment