Saturday, March 18, 2023

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation – March 18 – Full Text – Shabbat Shalom!

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 














MARCH 18



PSALMS: 18, 48, 78, 108, 138


PROVERBS: 18


OLD TESTAMENT: 1 KINGS 2:1 - 3:2


NEW TESTAMENT: ACTS 5:1 - 42



PSALMS: 18


1 I love you, LORD, my strength. 

2 The LORD is my rock,

and my fortress, and my deliverer;

My God, my rock, in whom I will take refuge;

My shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower. 

3 I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised;

So shall I be saved from my enemies. 

4 The cords of death surrounded me.

The floods of ungodliness made me afraid. 

5 The cords of She'ol were round about me;

The snares of death came on me. 

6 In my distress I called on the LORD,

And cried to my God.

He heard my voice out of his temple,

My cry before him came into his ears. 

7 Then the eretz shook and trembled.

The foundations also of the mountains quaked and were shaken,

Because he was angry. 

8 There went up a smoke out of his nostrils,

Fire out of his mouth devoured;

Coals were kindled by it. 

9 He bowed the heavens also, and came down.

Thick darkness was under his feet. 

10 He rode on a Keruv, and flew.

Yes, he soared on the wings of the wind. 

11 He made darkness his hiding-place, his pavilion around him,

Darkness of waters, thick clouds of the skies. 

12 At the brightness before him his thick clouds passed,

Hailstones and coals of fire. 

13 The LORD also thundered in the sky,

The Elyon uttered his voice,

Hailstones and coals of fire.

14 He sent out his arrows, and scattered them;

Yes, lightnings manifold, and routed them. 

15 Then the channels of waters appeared,

The foundations of the world were laid bare,

At your rebuke, LORD,

At the blast of the breath of your nostrils. 

16 He sent from on high.

He took me.

He drew me out of many waters. 

17 He delivered me from my strong enemy,

From those who hated me;

for they were too mighty for me. 

18 They came on me in the day of my calamity,

But the LORD was my support. 

19 He brought me forth also into a large place.

He delivered me, because he delighted in me.

20 The LORD has rewarded me according to my righteousness.

According to the cleanness of my hands has he recompensed me.

21 For I have kept the ways of the LORD,

And have not wickedly departed from my God. 

22 For all his ordinances were before me.

I didn't put away his statutes from me. 

23 I was also blameless with him.

I kept myself from my iniquity. 

24 Therefore has the LORD recompensed me according to my righteousness, According to the cleanness of my hands in his eyesight. 

25 With the merciful you will show yourself merciful.

With the perfect man, you will show yourself perfect. 

26 With the pure, you will show yourself pure.

With the crooked you will show yourself shrewd. 

27 For you will save the afflicted people,

But the haughty eyes you will bring down. 

28 For you will light my lamp.

The LORD, my God, will light up my darkness.

29 For by you, I advance through a troop.

By my God, I leap over a wall. 

30 As for God, his way is perfect.

The word of the LORD is tried.

He is a shield to all those who take refuge in him. 

31 For who is God, except the LORD?

Who is a rock, besides our God, 

32 The God who arms me with strength, and makes my way perfect? 

33 He makes my feet like hinds' feet,

And sets me on my high places. 

34 He teaches my hands to war;

So that my arms bend a bow of bronze.

35 You have also given me the shield of your salvation.

Your right hand sustains me.

Your gentleness has made me great. 

36 You have enlarged my steps under me,

My feet have not slipped. 

37 I will pursue my enemies, and overtake them.

Neither will I turn again until they are consumed. 

38 I will strike them through, so that they will not be able to rise.

They shall fall under my feet. 

39 For you have girded me with strength to the battle.

You have subdued under me those who rose up against me. 

40 You have also made my enemies turn their backs to me,

That I might cut off those who hate me. 

41 They cried, but there was none to save;

Even to the LORD, but he didn't answer them. 

42 Then I beat them small as the dust before the wind.

I cast them out as the mire of the streets. 

43 You have delivered me from the strivings of the people.

You have made me the head of the nations.

A people whom I have not known shall serve me. 

44 As soon as they hear of me they shall obey me.

The foreigners shall submit themselves to me. 

45 The foreigners shall fade away,

And shall come trembling out of their close places. 

46 The LORD lives;

and blessed be my rock.

Exalted be the God of my salvation, 

47 Even the God who executes vengeance for me,

And subdues peoples under me. 

48 He rescues me from my enemies.

Yes, you lift me up above those who rise up against me.

You deliver me from the violent man. 

49 Therefore I will give thanks to you, LORD, among the nations,

And will sing praises to your name. 

50 He gives great deliverance to his king,

And shows loving kindness to his anointed,

To David and to his seed, forevermore.



PSALMS: 48


1 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised,

In the city of our God, in his holy mountain. 

2 Beautiful in elevation, the joy of the whole eretz,

Is Mount Tziyon, on the north sides,

The city of the great King. 

3 God has shown himself in her citadels as a refuge. 

4 For, behold, the kings assembled themselves,

They passed by together.

5 They saw it, then were they amazed.

They were dismayed,

They hurried away. 

6 Trembling took hold of them there,

Pain, as of a woman in travail. 

7  With the east wind, you break the ships of Tarshish. 

8 As we have heard, so have we seen,

In the city of the LORD of Hosts, in the city of our God.

God will establish it forever.

Selah. 

9 We have thought about your loving kindness,

God, In the midst of your temple. 

10 As is your name, God,

So is your praise to the ends of the eretz.

Your right hand is full of righteousness. 

11 Let Mount Tziyon be glad!

Let the daughters of Yehudah rejoice,

Because of your judgments. 

12 Walk about Tziyon, and go around her.

Number the towers of it; 

13 Mark well her bulwarks.

Consider her palaces, ‘

That you may tell it to the next generation. 

14 For this God is our God forever and ever.

He will be our guide even to death.



PSALMS: 78


1 Hear my law, my people.

Turn your ears to the words of my mouth. 

2 I will open my mouth in a parable.

I will utter dark sayings of old, 

3 Which we have heard and known,

Our fathers have told us.

4 We will not hide them from their children,

Telling to the generation to come the praises of the LORD,

His strength, and his wondrous works that he has done. 

5 For he established a testimony in Ya`akov,

And appointed a law in Yisra'el,

Which he commanded our fathers,

That they should make them known to their children; 

6 That the generation to come might know,

even the children who should be born; Who should arise and tell their children, 

7 That they might set their hope in God,

And not forget the works of God,

But keep his mitzvot, 

8 And might not be as their fathers,

A stubborn and rebellious generation,

A generation that didn't make their hearts loyal,

Whose spirit was not steadfast with God. 

9 The children of Efrayim, being armed and carrying bows,

Turned back in the day of battle. 

10 They didn't keep the covenant of God,

And refused to walk in his law.

11 They forgot his doings,

His wondrous works that he had shown them. 

12 Marvelous things did he in the sight of their fathers,

In the land of Mitzrayim, in the field of Tzo`an. 

13 He split the sea, and caused them to pass through;

He made the waters stand as a heap.

14 In the daytime he also led them with a cloud,

All the night with a light of fire. 

15 He split rocks in the wilderness,

And gave them drink abundantly as out of the depths. 

16 He brought streams also out of the rock,

And caused waters to run down like rivers. 

17 Yet they still went on to sin against him,

To rebel against Ha`Elyon in the desert.

18 They tempted God in their heart

By asking food according to their desire. 

19 Yes, they spoke against God.

They said, "Can God prepare a table in the wilderness? 

20 Behold, he struck the rock, so that waters gushed out,

Streams overflowed.

Can he give bread also?

Will he provide flesh for his people?" 

21 Therefore the LORD heard, and was angry.

A fire was kindled against Ya`akov,

Anger also went up against Yisra'el, 

22 Because they didn't believe in God,

And didn't trust in his yeshu`ah. 

23 Yet he commanded the skies above,

And opened the doors of heaven. 

24 He rained down manna on them to eat,

And gave them food from the sky. 

25 Man ate the bread of angels.

He sent them food to the full. 

26 He caused the east wind to blow in the sky.

By his power he guided the south wind.

27 He rained also flesh on them as the dust;

Winged birds as the sand of the seas. 

28 He let them fall in the midst of their camp,

Around their habitations. 

29 So they ate, and were well filled.

He gave them their own desire. 

30 They didn't turn from their cravings.

Their food was yet in their mouths, 

31 When the anger of God went up against them,

And killed some of the fattest of them,

And struck down the young men of Yisra'el. 

32 For all this they still sinned,

And didn't believe in his wondrous works. 

33 Therefore he consumed their days in vanity,

And their years in terror. 

34 When he killed them, then they inquired after him.

They returned and sought God earnestly. 

35 They remembered that God was their rock, ‘

The El `Elyon their redeemer. 

36 But they flattered him with their mouth,

And lied to him with their tongue. 

37 For their heart was not right with him,

Neither were they faithful in his covenant. 

38 But he, being merciful, forgave iniquity,

and didn't destroy them.

Yes, many times he turned his anger away,

And didn't stir up all his wrath. 

39 He remembered that they were but flesh,

A wind that passes away, and doesn't come again. 

40 How often did they rebel against him in the wilderness,

And grieve him in the desert! 

41 They turned again and tempted God,

And provoked the Holy One of Yisra'el. 

42 They didn't remember his hand,

Nor the day when he redeemed them from the adversary; 

43 How he set his signs in Mitzrayim,

His wonders in the field of Tzo`an, 

44 Turned their rivers into blood,

Their streams, so that they could not drink. 

45 He sent among them swarms of flies, which devoured them;

Frogs, which destroyed them. 

46 He gave also their increase to the caterpillar,
Their labor to the arbeh. 

47 He destroyed their vines with hail,

Their sycamore-fig trees with frost.

48 He gave over their cattle also to the hail,

And their flocks to hot thunderbolts. 

49 He threw on them the fierceness of his anger,

Wrath, indignation, and trouble,

And a band of angels of evil. 

50 He made a path for his anger.

He didn't spare their soul from death,

But gave their life over to the pestilence, 

51 And struck all the firstborn in Mitzrayim,

The chief of their strength in the tents of Ham. 

52 But he led forth his own people like sheep,

And guided them in the wilderness like a flock. 

53 He led them safely, so that they weren't afraid,

But the sea overwhelmed their enemies. 

54 He brought them to the border of his sanctuary,

To this mountain, which his right hand had taken. 

55 He also drove out the nations before them,

Allotted them for an inheritance by line,

And made the tribes of Yisra'el to dwell in their tents. 

56 Yet they tempted and rebelled against

Ha`Elyon God, And didn't keep his testimonies; 

57 But turned back, and dealt treacherously like their fathers.

They were turned aside like a deceitful bow. 

58 For they provoked him to anger with their high places,

And moved him to jealousy with their engraved images. 

59 When God heard this, he was angry,

And greatly abhorred Yisra'el;

60 So that he forsook the tent of Shiloh,

The tent which he placed among men; 

61 And delivered his strength into captivity,

His glory into the adversary's hand. 

62 He also gave his people over to the sword,

And was angry with his inheritance. 

63 Fire devoured their young men;

Their virgins had no wedding song. 

64 Their Kohanim fell by the sword;

Their widows made no lamentation. 

65 Then the Lord awakened as one out of sleep,

Like a mighty man who shouts by reason of wine. 

66 He struck his adversaries backward.

He put them to a perpetual reproach. 

67 Moreover he rejected the tent of Yosef,

And didn't choose the tribe of Efrayim, 

68 But chose the tribe of Yehudah,

Mount Tziyon which he loved. 

69 He built his sanctuary like the heights,

Like the eretz which he has established forever. 

70 He also chose David his servant,

And took him from the sheepfolds;

71 From following the ewes that have their young he brought him

To be the shepherd of Ya`akov, his people, and Yisra'el, his inheritance.

72 So he was their shepherd according to the integrity of his heart,

And guided them by the skillfulness of his hands.



PSALMS: 108


1 My heart is steadfast, God.

I will sing and I will make music with my soul. 

2 Wake up, harp and lyre!

I will wake up the dawn. 

3 I will give thanks to you, LORD, among the nations.

I will sing praises to you among the peoples. 

4 For your loving kindness is great above the heavens.

Your faithfulness reaches to the skies. 

5 Be exalted, God, above the heavens,

Let your glory be over all the eretz. 

6 That your beloved may be delivered,

Save with your right hand, and answer us. 

7 God has spoken from his sanctuary:

"In triumph, I will divide Shekhem, and measure out the valley of Sukkot. 

8 Gil`ad is mine.

Menashsheh is mine.

Efrayim also is my helmet.

Yehudah is my scepter. 

9 Mo'av is my wash pot.

I will toss my sandal on Edom.

I will shout over Peleshet." 

10 Who will bring me into the fortified city?

Who has led me to Edom? 

11 Haven't you rejected us, God?

You don't go forth, God, with our armies. 

12 Give us help against the enemy,

For the help of man is vain. 

13 Through God, we will do valiantly.

For it is he who will tread down our enemies.



PROVERBS: 18


1 An unfriendly man pursues selfishness,

And defies all sound judgment. 

2 A fool has no delight in understanding,

But only in broadcasting his own opinion. 

3 When wickedness comes, contempt also comes,

And with shame comes disgrace. 

4 The words of a man's mouth are like deep waters.

The fountain of wisdom is like a flowing brook. 

5 To be partial to the faces of the wicked is not good,

Nor to deprive the innocent of justice. 

6 A fool's lips come into strife,

And his mouth invites beatings. 

7 A fool's mouth is his destruction,

And his lips are a snare to his soul. 

8 The words of a gossip are like dainty morsels:

They go down into a person's innermost parts. 

9 One who is slack in his work

Is brother to him who is a master of destruction. 

10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower:

The righteous run to him, and are safe. 

11 The rich man's wealth is his strong city,

Like an unscalable wall in his own imagination. 

12 Before destruction the heart of man is proud,

But before honor is humility. 

13 He who gives answer before he hears,

That is folly and shame to him. 

14 A man's spirit will sustain him in sickness,

But a crushed spirit who can bear? 

15 The heart of the discerning gets knowledge.

The ear of the wise seeks knowledge.

16 A man's gift makes room for him,

And brings him before great men. 

17  He who pleads his cause first seems right;

Until another comes and questions him. 

18 The lot settles disputes,

And keeps strong ones apart. 

19 A brother offended is more difficult than a fortified city;

And disputes are like the bars of a castle. 

20 A man's stomach is filled with the fruit of his mouth.

With the harvest of his lips he is satisfied. 

21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue;

Those who love it will eat its fruit. 

22 Whoever finds a wife finds a good thing,

And obtains favor of the LORD. 

23 The poor pleads for mercy,

But the rich answers harshly. 

24 A man of many companions may be ruined,

But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.



OLD TESTAMENT: 1 KINGS 2:1 - 3:2


2:1 Now the days of David drew near that he should die; and he charged Shlomo his son, saying, 2 I am going the way of all the eretz: be you strong therefore, and show yourself a man; 3 and keep the charge of the LORD your God, to walk in his ways, to keep his statutes, [and] his mitzvot, and his ordinances, and his testimonies, according to that which is written in the law of Moshe, that you may prosper in all that you do, and wherever you turn yourself. 4 That the LORD may establish his word which he spoke concerning me, saying, If your children take heed to their way, to walk before me in truth with all their heart and with all their soul, there shall not fail you (said he) a man on the throne of Yisra'el. 5 Moreover you know also what Yo'av the son of Tzeru'yah did to me, even what he did to the two captains of the hosts of Yisra'el, to Aviner the son of Ner, and to `Amasa the son of Yeter, whom he killed, and shed the blood of war in shalom, and put the blood of war on his sash that was about his loins, and in his shoes that were on his feet. 6 Do therefore according to your wisdom, and don't let his gray head go down to She'ol in shalom. 7 But show kindness to the sons of Barzillai the Gil`adite, and let them be of those who eat at your table; for so they came to me when I fled from Avshalom your brother. 8 Behold, there is with you Shim`i the son of Gera, the Binyamini, of Bachurim, who cursed me with a grievous curse in the day when I went to Machanayim; but he came down to meet me at the Yarden, and I swore to him by the LORD, saying, I will not put you to death with the sword. 9 Now therefore don't hold him guiltless, for you are a wise man; and you will know what you ought to do to him, and you shall bring his gray head down to She'ol with blood. 10 David slept with his fathers, and was buried in the city of David. 11 The days that David reigned over Yisra'el were forty years; seven years reigned he in Hevron, and thirty-three years reigned he in Yerushalayim. 12 Shlomo sat on the throne of David his father; and his kingdom was established greatly. 13 Then Adoniyahu the son of Haggit came to Bat-Sheva the mother of Shlomo. She said, Come you peaceably? He said, Peaceably. 14 He said moreover, I have somewhat to tell you. She said, Say on. 15 He said, You know that the kingdom was mine, and that all Yisra'el set their faces on me, that I should reign: however the kingdom is turned about, and is become my brother's; for it was his from the LORD. 16 Now I ask one petition of you; don't deny me. She said to him, Say on. 17 He said, Please speak to Shlomo the king (for he will not tell you 'no'), that he give me Avishag the Shunammite as wife.18 Bat-Sheva said, Well; I will speak for you to the king. 19 Bat-Sheva therefore went to king Shlomo, to speak to him for Adoniyahu. The king rose up to meet her, and bowed himself to her, and sat down on his throne, and caused a throne to be set for the king's mother; and she sat on his right hand. 20Then she said, I ask one small petition of you; don't deny me. The king said to her, Ask on, my mother; for I will not deny you. 21 She said, Let Avishag the Shunammite be given to Adoniyahu your brother as wife. 22 King Shlomo answered his mother, Why do you ask Avishag the Shunammite for Adoniyahu? ask for him the kingdom also; for he is my elder brother; even for him, and for Avyatar the Kohen, and for Yo'av the son of Tzeru'yah. 23 Then king Shlomo swore by the LORD, saying, God do so to me, and more also, if Adoniyahu has not spoken this word against his own life. 24 Now therefore as the LORD lives, who has established me, and set me on the throne of David my father, and who has made me a house, as he promised, surely Adoniyahu shall be put to death this day. 25 King Shlomo sent by Benayah the son of Yehoiada; and he fell on him, so that he died. 26 To Avyatar the Kohen said the king, Get you to `Anatot, to your own fields; for you are worthy of death: but I will not at this time put you to death, because you bear the ark of the Lord GOD before David my father, and because you were afflicted in all in which my father was afflicted. 27  So Shlomo thrust out Avyatar from being Kohen to the LORD, that he might fulfill the word of the LORD, which he spoke concerning the house of `Eli in Shiloh. 28 The news came to Yo'av; for Yo'av had turned after Adoniyahu, though he didn't turn after Avshalom. Yo'av fled to the Tent of the LORD, and caught hold on the horns of the altar. 29 It was told king Shlomo, Yo'av is fled to the Tent of the LORD, and, behold, he is by the altar. Then Shlomo sent Benayah the son of Yehoiada, saying, Go, fall on him. 30 Benayah came to the Tent of the LORD, and said to him, Thus says the king, Come forth. He said, No; but I will die here. Benayah brought the king word again, saying, Thus said Yo'av, and thus he answered me. 31 The king said to him, Do as he has said, and fall on him, and bury him; that you may take away the blood, which Yo'av shed without cause, from me and from my father's house. 32 The LORD will return his blood on his own head, because he fell on two men more righteous and better than he, and killed them with the sword, and my father David didn't know it, [to wit], Aviner the son of Ner, captain of the host of Yisra'el, and `Amasa the son of Yeter, captain of the host of Yehudah. 33 So shall their blood return on the head of Yo'av, and on the head of his seed forever: but to David, and to his seed, and to his house, and to his throne, shall there be shalom for ever from the LORD. 34 Then Benayah the son of Yehoiada went up, and fell on him, and killed him; and he was buried in his own house in the wilderness. 35 The king put Benayah the son of Yehoiada in his room over the host; and Tzadok the Kohen did the king put in the room of Avyatar. 36 The king sent and called for Shim`i, and said to him, Build yourself a house in Yerushalayim, and dwell there, and don't go forth from there any where. 37 For on the day you go out, and pass over the brook Kidron, know you for certain that you shall surely die: your blood shall be on your own head. 38 Shim`i said to the king, The saying is good: as my lord the king has said, so will your servant do. Shim`i lived in Yerushalayim many days. 39 It happened at the end of three years, that two of the servants of Shim`i ran away to Akhish, son of Ma`akhah, king of Gat. They told Shim`i, saying, Behold, your servants are in Gat. 40 Shim`i arose, and saddled his donkey, and went to Gat to Akhish, to seek his servants; and Shim`i went, and brought his servants from Gat. 41 It was told Shlomo that Shim`i had gone from Yerushalayim to Gat, and was come again. 42 The king sent and called for Shim`i, and said to him, Didn't I adjure you by the LORD, and protest to you, saying, Know for certain, that on the day you go out, and walk abroad any where, you shall surely die? and you said to me, The saying that I have heard is good. 43 Why then have you not kept the oath of the LORD, and the mitzvah that I have charged you with? 44 The king said moreover to Shim`i, You know all the wickedness which your heart is privy to, that you did to David my father: therefore the LORD shall return your wickedness on your own head. 45 But king Shlomo shall be blessed, and the throne of David shall be established before the LORD forever. 46 So the king commanded Benayah the son of Yehoiada; and he went out, and fell on him, so that he died. The kingdom was established in the hand of Shlomo.


3:1 Shlomo made affinity with Par`oh king of Mitzrayim, and took Par`oh's daughter, and brought her into the city of David, until he had made an end of building his own house, and the house of the LORD, and the wall of Yerushalayim round about. 2 Only the people sacrificed in the high places, because there was no house built for the name of the LORD until those days.



NEW TESTAMENT: ACTS 5:1 - 42


5:1 But a certain man named Hananyah, with Shappirah, his wife, sold a possession, 

2 and kept back part of the price, his wife also being aware of it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet. 

3 But Kefa said, "Hananyah, why has Hasatan filled your heart to lie to the Ruach HaKodesh, and to keep back part of the price of the land? 

4 While you kept it, didn't it remain your own? After it was sold, wasn't it in your power? How is it that you have conceived this thing in your heart? You haven't lied to men, but to God." 

5 Hananyah, hearing these words, fell down and died. Great fear came on all who heard these things. 

6 The young men arose and wrapped him up, and they carried him out and buried him. 

7 About three hours later, his wife, not knowing what had happened, came in. 

8 Kefa answered her, "Tell me whether you sold the land for so much." She said, "Yes, for so much." 

9 But Kefa asked her, "How is it that you have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? Behold, the feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out." 

10 She fell down immediately at his feet, and died. The young men came in and found her dead, and they carried her out and buried her by her husband. 

11 Great fear came on the whole assembly, and on all who heard these things.

12 By the hands of the apostles many signs and wonders were done among the people. They were all with one accord in Shlomo's porch. 

13 None of the rest dared to join them, however the people honored them. 

14 More believers were added to the Lord, multitudes of both men and women. 

15 They even carried out the sick into the streets, and laid them on cots and mattresses, so that as Kefa came by, at the least his shadow might overshadow some of them. 

16 Multitudes also came together from the cities around Yerushalayim, bringing sick people, and those who were tormented by unclean spirits: and they were all healed. 

17 But the Kohen Gadol rose up, and all those who were with him (which is the sect of the Tzedukim), and they were filled with jealousy, 

18 and laid hands on the apostles, and put them in public custody. 

19 But an angel of the Lord opened the prison doors by night, and brought them out, and said, 

20 "Go stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of this life." 

21 When they heard this, they entered into the temple about daybreak, and taught. But the Kohen Gadol came, and those who were with him, and called the council together, and all the senate of the children of Yisra'el, and sent to the prison to have them brought. 

22 But the officers who came didn't find them in the prison. They returned and reported, 

23 "We found the prison shut and locked, and the guards standing before the doors, but when we had opened it up, we found no one inside!" 

24 Now when the Kohen Gadol, the captain of the temple, and the chief Kohanim heard these words, they were very perplexed about them and what might become of this. 

25 One came and told them, "Behold, the men whom you put in prison are in the temple, standing and teaching the people."

26 Then the captain went with the officers, and brought them without violence, for they were afraid that the people might stone them. 

27 When they had brought them, they set them before the council. The Kohen Gadol questioned them, 

28 saying, "Didn't we strictly charge you not to teach in this name? Behold, you have filled Yerushalayim with your teaching, and intend to bring this man's blood on us." 

29 But Kefa and the apostles answered, "We must obey God rather than men. 

30 The God of our fathers raised up Yeshua, whom you killed, hanging him on a tree. 

31 God exalted him with his right hand to be a Prince and a Savior, to give repentance to Yisra'el, and remission of sins. 

32 We are His witnesses of these things; and so also is the Ruach HaKodesh, whom God has given to those who obey him." 

33 But they, when they heard this, were cut to the heart, and determined to kill them. 

34 But one stood up in the council, a Parush named Gamli'el, a teacher of the law, honored by all the people, and commanded to take the apostles out a little while. 

35 He said to them, "You men of Yisra'el, be careful concerning these men, what you are about to do. 

36 For before these days Todah rose up, making himself out to be somebody; to whom a number of men, about four hundred, joined themselves: who was slain; and all, as many as obeyed him, were dispersed, and came to nothing. 

37 After this man, Yehudah of the Galil rose up in the days of the enrollment, and drew away some people after him. He also perished, and all, as many as obeyed him, were scattered abroad. 

38 Now I tell you, refrain from these men, and leave them alone. For if this counsel or this work is of men, it will be overthrown. 

39 But if it is of God, you will not be able to overthrow it, and you would be found even to be fighting against God!" 

40 They agreed with him. Summoning the apostles, they beat them and charged them not to speak in the name of Yeshua, and let them go. 

41 They therefore departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer dishonor for Yeshua' name. 

42 Every day, in the temple and at home, they never stopped teaching and preaching Yeshua, the Messiah.


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment