Monday, March 27, 2023

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation – March 27 – Full Text 

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 












MARCH 27



PSALMS: 27, 57, 87, 117, 147


PROVERBS: 27


OLD TESTAMENT: 1 KINGS 15:25 - 17:24


NEW TESTAMENT: ACTS 10:24 - 48



Psalms 27


1 The LORD is my light and my salvation.

Whom shall I fear?

The LORD is the strength of my life.

Of whom shall I be afraid? 

2 When evil-doers came at me to eat up my flesh,

Even my adversaries and my foes, they stumbled and fell. 

3 Though a host should encamp against me,

My heart shall not fear.

Though war should rise against me,

Even then I will be confident. 

4 One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after,

That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,

To see the beauty of the LORD,

And to inquire in his temple. 

5 For in the day of trouble he will keep me secretly in his pavilion.

In the covert of his tent will he hide me.

He will lift me up on a rock. 

6 Now shall my head be lifted up above my enemies around me.

I will offer sacrifices of joy in his tent.

I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD. 

7 Hear, LORD, when I cry with my voice.

Have mercy also on me, and answer me. 

8 When you said, "Seek my face,"

My heart said to you,

"I will seek your face, LORD." 

9 Don't hide your face from me.

Don't put your servant away in anger.

You have been my help.

Don't abandon me, neither forsake me,

God of my salvation. 

10 When my father and my mother forsake me,

Then the LORD will take me up. 

11 Teach me your way, LORD.

Lead me in a straight path, because of my enemies.

12 Don't deliver me over to the desire of my adversaries,

For false witnesses have risen up against me,

Such as breathe out cruelty. 

13 I am still confident of this:

I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. 

14 Wait for the LORD.

Be strong, and let your heart take courage.

Yes, wait for the LORD.



PSALMS: 57


1 Be merciful to me, God, be merciful to me,

For my soul takes refuge in you.

Yes, in the shadow of your wings,

I will take refuge,

Until disaster has passed. 

2 I cry out to El `Elyon,

To God who accomplishes my requests for me. 

3 He will send from heaven, and save me,

He rebukes the one who is pursuing me.

Selah.

God will send out his loving kindness and his truth. 

4 My soul is among lions.

I lie among those who are set on fire,

Even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows,

And their tongue a sharp sword. 

5 Be exalted, God, above the heavens!

Let your glory be above all the eretz! 

6 They have prepared a net for my steps.

My soul is bowed down.

They dig a pit before me.

They fall into the midst of it themselves.

Selah. 

7 My heart is steadfast, God, my heart is steadfast.

I will sing, yes,

I will sing praises. 

8 Wake up, my glory!

Wake up, psaltery and harp!

I will wake up the dawn. 

9 I will give thanks to you, Lord, among the peoples.

I will sing praises to you among the nations. 

10 For your great loving kindness reaches to the heavens,

And your truth to the skies. 

11 Be exalted, God, above the heavens.

Let your glory be over all the eretz.



PSALMS: 87


1 His foundation is in the holy mountains. 

2 The LORD loves the gates of Tziyon More than all the dwellings of Ya`akov. 

3 Glorious things are spoken about you, city of God.

Selah. 

4 I will record Rachav and Bavel among those who acknowledge me.

Behold, Peleshet, Tzor, and also Kush:

"This one was born there." 

5 Yes, of Tziyon it will be said,

"This one and that one was born in her;"

The Elyon himself will establish her. 

6 The LORD will count, when he writes up the peoples,

"This one was born there."

Selah. 

7 Those who sing as well as those who dance say, "

All my springs are in you."



PSALMS: 117


1 Praise the LORD, all you nations!

Extol him, all you peoples! 

2 For his loving kindness is great toward us.

The LORD's faithfulness endures forever.

Praise the LORD!



PSALMS: 147


1 Praise the LORD,

For it is good to sing praises to our God;

For it is pleasant and fitting to praise him. 

2 The LORD builds up Yerushalayim.

He gathers together the outcasts of Yisra'el. 

3 He heals the broken in heart,

And binds up their wounds. 

4 He counts the number of the stars.

He calls them all by their names. 

5 Great is our Lord, and mighty in power.

His understanding is infinite. 

6 The LORD upholds the humble.

He brings the wicked down to the ground.

7  Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving.

Sing praises on the harp to our God, 

8 Who covers the sky with clouds,

Who prepares rain for the eretz,

Who makes grass grow on the mountains. 

9 He provides food for the cattle,

And for the young ravens when they call. 

10 He doesn't delight in the strength of the horse.

He takes no pleasure in the legs of a man. 

11 The LORD takes pleasure in those who fear him,

In those who hope in his loving kindness. 

12 Praise the LORD, Yerushalayim!

Praise your God, Tziyon! 

13 For he has strengthened the bars of your gates.

He has blessed your children within you. 

14He makes shalom in your borders.

He fills you with the finest of the wheat. 

15 He sends out his mitzvah on eretz.

His word runs very swiftly. 

16 He gives snow like wool,

And scatters frost like ashes.

17  He hurls down his hail like pebbles.

Who can stand before his cold? 

18 He sends out his word, and melts them.

He causes his wind to blow, and the waters flow. 

19 He shows his word to Ya`akov;

His statutes and his ordinances to Yisra'el. 

20 He has not done this for any nation;

They don't know his ordinances.

Praise the LORD!



PROVERBS: 27


1 Don't boast about tomorrow;

For you don't know what a day may bring forth. 

2 Let another man praise you,

And not your own mouth;

A stranger, and not your own lips. 

3 A stone is heavy, And sand is a burden;

But a fool's provocation is heavier than both. 

4 Wrath is cruel,

And anger is overwhelming;

But who is able to stand before jealousy? 

5 Better is open rebuke Than hidden love. 

6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend;

Although the kisses of an enemy are profuse.

7 A full soul loathes a honeycomb;

But to a hungry soul, every bitter thing is sweet. 

8 As a bird that wanders from her nest,

So is a man who wanders from his home. 

9 Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart;

So does earnest counsel from a man's friend. 

10 Don't forsake your friend and your father's friend.

Don't go to your brother's house in the day of your disaster:

Better is a neighbor who is near than a distant brother. 

11 Be wise, my son,

And bring joy to my heart,

Then I can answer my tormentor. 

12 A prudent man sees danger and takes refuge;

But the simple pass on, and suffer for it:

13 Take his garment when he puts up collateral for a stranger;

Hold it for a wayward woman! 

14 He who blesses his neighbor with a loud voice early in the morning,

It will be taken as a curse by him.

15 A continual dropping on a rainy day

And a contentious wife are alike: 

16 Restraining her is like restraining the wind,

Or like grasping oil in his right hand. 

17 Iron sharpens iron;

So a man sharpens his friend's countenance. 

18 Whoever tends the fig tree shall eat its fruit.

He who looks after his master shall be honored. 

19 As water reflects a face,

So a man's heart reflects the man. 

20 She'ol and Avaddon are never satisfied;

And a man's eyes are never satisfied.

21 The crucible is for silver,

And the furnace for gold;

But man is refined by his praise. 

22 Though you grind a fool in a mortar with a pestle along with grain,

Yet his foolishness will not be removed from him. 

23 Know well the state of your flocks,

And pay attention to your herds: 

24 For riches are not forever,

Nor does even the crown endure to all generations. 

25 The hay is removed, and the new growth appears,

The grasses of the hills are gathered in. 

26 The lambs are for your clothing,

And the goats are the price of a field. 

27 There will be plenty of goats' milk for your food,

For your family's food,

And for the nourishment of your servant girls.



OLD TESTAMENT: 1 KINGS 15:25 - 17:24


15:25 Nadav the son of Yarov`am began to reign over Yisra'el in the second year of Asa king of Yehudah; and he reigned over Yisra'el two years. 26 He did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD, and walked in the way of his father, and in his sin with which he made Yisra'el to sin. 27 Ba`sha the son of Achiyah, of the house of Yissakhar, conspired against him; and Ba`sha struck him at Gibbeton, which belonged to the Pelishtim; for Nadav and all Yisra'el were laying siege to Gibbeton. 28 Even in the third year of Asa king of Yehudah did Ba`sha kill him, and reigned in his place. 29 It happened that, as soon as he was king, he struck all the house of Yarov`am: he didn't leave to Yarov`am any who breathed, until he had destroyed him; according to the saying of the LORD, which he spoke by his servant Achiyah the Shiloni; 30 for the sins of Yarov`am which he sinned, and with which he made Yisra'el to sin, because of his provocation with which he provoked the LORD, the God of Yisra'el, to anger. 31 Now the rest of the acts of Nadav, and all that he did, aren't they written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Yisra'el? 32 There was war between Asa and Ba`sha king of Yisra'el all their days. 33 In the third year of Asa king of Yehudah began Ba`sha the son of Achiyah to reign over all Yisra'el in Tirtzah, [and reigned] twenty-four years. 34 He did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD, and walked in the way of Yarov`am, and in his sin with which he made Yisra'el to sin.


16:1 The word of the LORD came to Yehu the son of Hanani against Ba`sha, saying, 2 Because I exalted you out of the dust, and made you prince over my people Yisra'el, and you have walked in the way of Yarov`am, and have made my people Yisra'el to sin, to provoke me to anger with their sins; 3 behold, I will utterly sweep away Ba`sha and his house; and I will make your house like the house of Yarov`am the son of Nevat. 4 Him who dies of Ba`sha in the city shall the dogs eat; and him who dies of his in the field shall the birds of the sky eat. 5 Now the rest of the acts of Ba`sha, and what he did, and his might, aren't they written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Yisra'el? 6 Ba`sha slept with his fathers, and was buried in Tirtzah; and Elah his son reigned in his place. 7  Moreover by the prophet Yehu the son of Hanani came the word of the LORD against Ba`sha, and against his house, both because of all the evil that he did in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger with the work of his hands, in being like the house of Yarov`am, and because he struck him. 8 In the twenty-sixth year of Asa king of Yehudah began Elah the son of Ba`sha to reign over Yisra'el in Tirtzah, [and reigned] two years. 9 His servant Zimri, captain of half his chariots, conspired against him. Now he was in Tirtzah, drinking himself drunk in the house of Artza, who was over the household in Tirtzah: 10 and Zimri went in and struck him, and killed him, in the twenty-seventh year of Asa king of Yehudah, and reigned in his place. 11 It happened, when he began to reign, as soon as he sat on his throne, that he struck all the house of Ba`sha: he didn't leave him a single man-child, neither of his relatives, nor of his friends. 12 Thus did Zimri destroy all the house of Ba`sha, according to the word of the LORD, which he spoke against Ba`sha by Yehu the prophet, 13 for all the sins of Ba`sha, and the sins of Elah his son, which they sinned, and with which they made Yisra'el to sin, to provoke the LORD, the God of Yisra'el, to anger with their vanities. 14 Now the rest of the acts of Elah, and all that he did, aren't they written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Yisra'el? 15 In the twenty-seventh year of Asa king of Yehudah did Zimri reign seven days in Tirtzah. Now the people were encamped against Gibbeton, which belonged to the Pelishtim. 16 The people who were encamped heard say, Zimri has conspired, and has also struck the king: therefore all Yisra'el made `Omri, the captain of the host, king over Yisra'el that day in the camp. 17  `Omri went up from Gibbeton, and all Yisra'el with him, and they besieged Tirtzah. 18 It happened, when Zimri saw that the city was taken, that he went into the castle of the king's house, and burnt the king's house over him with fire, and died, 19 for his sins which he sinned in doing that which was evil in the sight of the LORD, in walking in the way of Yarov`am, and in his sin which he did, to make Yisra'el to sin. 20 Now the rest of the acts of Zimri, and his treason that he did, aren't they written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Yisra'el? 21 Then were the people of Yisra'el divided into two parts: half of the people followed Tivni the son of Ginat, to make him king; and half followed `Omri. 22 But the people who followed `Omri prevailed against the people who followed Tivni the son of Ginat: so Tivni died, and `Omri reigned. 23 In the thirty-first year of Asa king of Yehudah began `Omri to reign over Yisra'el, [and reigned] twelve years: six years reigned he in Tirtzah. 24 He bought the hill Shomron of Shemer for two talents of silver; and he built on the hill, and called the name of the city which he built, after the name of Shemer, the owner of the hill, Shomron. 25 `Omri did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD, and dealt wickedly above all who were before him. 26 For he walked in all the way of Yarov`am the son of Nevat, and in his sins with which he made Yisra'el to sin, to provoke the LORD, the God of Yisra'el, to anger with their vanities. 27  Now the rest of the acts of `Omri which he did, and his might that he shown, aren't they written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Yisra'el? 28 So `Omri slept with his fathers, and was buried in Shomron; and Ach'av his son reigned in his place. 29 In the thirty-eighth year of Asa king of Yehudah began Ach'av the son of `Omri to reign over Yisra'el: and Ach'av the son of `Omri reigned over Yisra'el in Shomron twenty-two years. 30 Ach'av the son of `Omri did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD above all that were before him. 31 It happened, as if it had been a light thing for him to walk in the sins of Yarov`am the son of Nevat, that he took as wife Izevel the daughter of Etba`al king of the Tzidonim, and went and served Ba`al, and worshiped him. 32 He reared up an altar for Ba`al in the house of Ba`al, which he had built in Shomron. 33 Ach'av made the Asherah; and Ach'av did yet more to provoke the LORD, the God of Yisra'el, to anger than all the kings of Yisra'el who were before him. 34 In his days did Hi'el the Beit-Eli build Yericho: he laid the foundation of it with the loss of Aviram his firstborn, and set up the gates of it with the loss of his youngest son Seguv, according to the word of the LORD, which he spoke by Yehoshua the son of Nun.


17:1 Eliyah the Tishbi, who was of the sojourners of Gil`ad, said to Ach'av, As the LORD, the God of Yisra'el, lives, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word. 2 The word of the LORD came to him, saying, 3 Get you hence, and turn you eastward, and hide yourself by the brook Kerit, that is before the Yarden. 4 It shall be, that you shall drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed you there. 5 So he went and did according to the word of the LORD; for he went and lived by the brook Kerit, that is before the Yarden. 6 The ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning, and bread and flesh in the evening; and he drank of the brook. 7 It happened after a while, that the brook dried up, because there was no rain in the land. 8 The word of the LORD came to him, saying, 9 Arise, get you to Tzarfat, which belongs to Tzidon, and dwell there: behold, I have commanded a widow there to sustain you. 10 So he arose and went to Tzarfat; and when he came to the gate of the city, behold, a widow was there gathering sticks: and he called to her, and said, Please get me a little water in a vessel, that I may drink. 11 As she was going to get it, he called to her, and said, Please bring me a morsel of bread in your hand. 12 She said, As the LORD your God lives, I aren't they a cake, but a handful of meal in the jar, and a little oil in the jar: and, behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and bake it for me and my son, that we may eat it, and die. 13 Eliyah said to her, Don't be afraid; go and do as you have said; but make me of it a little cake first, and bring it forth to me, and afterward make for you and for your son. 14 For thus says the LORD, the God of Yisra'el, The jar of meal shall not empty, neither shall the jar of oil fail, until the day that the LORD sends rain on the eretz. 15 She went and did according to the saying of Eliyah: and she, and he, and her house, ate [many] days. 16 The jar of meal didn't empty, neither did the jar of oil fail, according to the word of the LORD, which he spoke by Eliyah. 17 It happened after these things, that the son of the woman, the mistress of the house, fell sick; and his sickness was so sore, that there was no breath left in him. 18 She said to Eliyah, What have I to do with you, you man of God? you are come to me to bring my sin to memory, and to kill my son! 19 He said to her, Give me your son. He took him out of her bosom, and carried him up into the chamber, where he abode, and laid him on his own bed. 20 He cried to the LORD, and said, LORD my God, have you also brought evil on the widow with whom I sojourn, by killing her son? 21 He stretched himself on the child three times, and cried to the LORD, and said, LORD my God, please let this child's soul come into him again. 22 The LORD listened to the voice of Eliyah; and the soul of the child came into him again, and he revived. 23 Eliyah took the child, and brought him down out of the chamber into the house, and delivered him to his mother; and Eliyah said, Behold, your son lives. 24 The woman said to Eliyah, Now I know that you are a man of God, and that the word of the LORD in your mouth is truth.



NEW TESTAMENT: ACTS 10:24 - 48


10:24 On the next day they entered into Caesarea. Cornelius was waiting for them, having called together his relatives and his near friends. 

25 When it happened that Kefa entered, Cornelius met him, fell down at his feet, and worshiped him. 

26 But Kefa raised him up, saying, "Stand up! I myself am also a man." 

27 As he talked with him, he went in and found many gathered together. 

28 He said to them, "You yourselves know how it is an unlawful thing for a man who is a Yehudi to join himself or come to one of another nation, but God has shown me that I shouldn't call any man unholy or unclean. 

29 Therefore also I came without complaint when I was sent for. I ask therefore, why did you send for me?" 

30 Cornelius said, "Four days ago, I was fasting until this hour, and at the ninth hour, I prayed in my house, and behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing, 

31 and said, 'Cornelius, your prayer is heard, and your gifts to the needy are remembered in the sight of God. 

32 Send therefore to Yafo, and summon Shim`on, who is surnamed Kefa. He lodges in the house of Shim`on a tanner, by the seaside. When he comes, he will speak to you.' 

33 Therefore I sent to you at once, and it was good of you to come. Now therefore we are all here present in the sight of God to hear all things that have been commanded you by God." 

34 Kefa opened his mouth and said, "Truly I perceive that God doesn't show favoritism; 

35 but in every nation he who fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him. 

36 The word which he sent to the children of Yisra'el, preaching good news of shalom by Yeshua the Messiah -- he is Lord of all -- 

37 that spoken word you yourselves know, which was proclaimed throughout all Yehudah, beginning from the Galil, after the immersion which Yochanan preached; 

38 even Yeshua of Natzeret, how God anointed him with the Ruach HaKodesh and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him. 

39 We are witnesses of all things which he did both in the country of the Yehudim, and in Yerushalayim; whom they also killed, hanging him on a tree. 

40 God raised him up the third day, and gave him to be revealed, 

41 not to all the people, but to witnesses who were chosen before by God, to us, who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. 

42 He charged us to preach to the people and to testify that this is he who is appointed by God as the Judge of the living and the dead. 

43 All the prophets testify about him, that through his name everyone who believes in him will receive remission of sins." 

44 While Kefa was still speaking these words, the Ruach HaKodesh fell on all those who heard the word. 

45 They of the circumcision who believed were amazed, as many as came with Kefa, because the gift of the Ruach HaKodesh was also poured out on the Goyim. 

46 For they heard them speak with other languages and magnify God. Then Kefa answered, 

47  "Can any man forbid the water, that these who have received the Ruach HaKodesh as well as we should not be immersed?" 

48 He commanded them to be immersed in the name of Yeshua the Messiah. Then they asked him to stay some days.


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment