Monday, March 27, 2023

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - March 26 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 












MARCH 26



PSALMS: 26, 56, 86, 116, 146


PROVERBS: 26


OLD TESTAMENT: 1 KINGS 14:1 - 15:24


NEW TESTAMENT: ACTS 10:1 - 23



PSALMS: 26


1 Judge me, LORD, for I have walked in my integrity.

I have trusted also in LORD without wavering. 

2 Examine me, LORD, and prove me.

Try my heart and my mind. 

3 For your loving kindness is before my eyes.

I have walked in your truth. 

4 I have not sat with deceitful men,

Neither will I go in with hypocrites. 

5 I hate the assembly of evil-doers,

And will not sit with the wicked. 

6 I will wash my hands in innocence,

So I will go about your altar, LORD; 

7 That I may make the voice of thanksgiving to be heard,

And tell of all your wondrous works. 

8 LORD, I love the habitation of your house,

The place where your glory dwells. 

9 Don't gather my soul with sinners,

Nor my life with bloodthirsty men; 

10 In whose hands is wickedness,

Their right hand is full of bribes. 

11 But as for me, I will walk in my integrity.

Redeem me, and be merciful to me. 

12 My foot stands in an even place.

In the congregations will I bless the LORD.



PSALMS: 56


1 Be merciful to me, God, for man wants to swallow me up.

All day long, he attacks and oppresses me. 

2 My enemies want to swallow me up all day long,

For they are many who fight proudly against me. 

3 When I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. 

4 In God, I praise his word. In God,

I put my trust. I will not be afraid.

What can flesh do to me? 

5 All day long they twist my words.

All their thoughts are against me for evil. 

6 They conspire and lurk,

Watching my steps, they are eager to take my life. 

7 Shall they escape by iniquity? I

n anger cast down the peoples, God. 

8 You number my wanderings.

You put my tears into your bottle.

Aren't they in your book? 

9 Then shall my enemies turn back in the day that I call.

I know this, that God is for me. 

10 In God, I will praise his word. In the LORD,

I will praise his word. 

11 I have put my trust in God.

I will not be afraid.

What can man do to me? 

12 Your vows are on me, God.

I will give thank offerings to you. 

13 For you have delivered my soul from death,

And prevented my feet from falling,

That I may walk before God in the light of the living.



PSALMS: 86


1 Hear, LORD, and answer me,

For I am poor and needy. 

2 Preserve my soul, for I am godly.

You, my God, save your servant who trusts in you. 

3 Be merciful to me, Lord,

For I call to you all day long.

4 Bring joy to the soul of your servant,

For to you, Lord, do I lift up my soul. 

5 For you, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive;

Abundant in loving kindness to all those who call on you. 

6 Hear, LORD, my prayer.

Listen to the voice of my petitions. 

7  In the day of my trouble I will call on you,

For you will answer me. 

8 There is no one like you among the gods, Lord,

Nor any deeds like your deeds. 

9 All nations you have made will come and worship before you, Lord.

They shall glorify your name. 

10 For you are great, and do wondrous things.

You are God alone. 

11 Teach me your way, LORD.

I will walk in your truth.

Make my heart undivided to fear your name. 

12 I will praise you, Lord my God, with my whole heart.

I will glorify your name forevermore. 

13 For your loving kindness is great toward me.

You have delivered my soul from the lowest She'ol. 

14 God, the proud have risen up against me.

A company of violent men have sought after my soul,

And they don't hold regard for you before them. 

15 But you, Lord, are a merciful and gracious God,

Slow to anger, and abundant in loving kindness and truth. 

16 Turn to me, and have mercy on me!

Give your strength to your servant.

Save the son of your handmaid. 

17  Show me a sign of your goodness,

That those who hate me may see it, and be put to shame,

Because you, LORD, have helped me, and comforted me.



PSALMS: 116


1 I love the LORD, because he listens to my voice,

And my cries for mercy. 

2 Because he has turned his ear to me,

Therefore I will call on him as long as I live. 

3 The cords of death surrounded me,

The pains of She'ol got a hold on me.

I found trouble and sorrow. 

4 Then called I on the name of the LORD:

"The LORD, I beg you, deliver my soul." 

5 Gracious is the LORD, and righteous;

Yes, our God is merciful. 

6 The LORD preserves the simple.

I was brought low, and he saved me. 

7 Return to your rest, my soul,

For the LORD has dealt bountifully with you. 

8 For you have delivered my soul from death,

My eyes from tears,

And my feet from falling. 

9 I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living. 

10 I believed, therefore I said,

"I was greatly afflicted." 

11 I said in my haste,

"All men are liars." 

12 What will I give to the LORD for all his benefits toward me?

13 I will take the cup of salvation,

and call on the name of the LORD. 

14 I will pay my vows to the LORD,

Yes, in the presence of all his people. 

15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his holy ones. 

16 LORD, truly I am your servant.

I am your servant, the son of your handmaid.

You have freed me from my chains. 

17 I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving,

And will call on the name of the LORD. 

18 I will pay my vows to the LORD,

Yes, in the presence of all his people, 

19 In the courts of the LORD's house,

In the midst of you, Yerushalayim.

Praise the LORD!



PSALMS: 146


1 Praise the LORD!

Praise the LORD, my soul. 

2 While I live, I will praise the LORD.

I will sing praises to my God as long as I exist. 

3 Don't put your trust in princes,

Each a son of man in whom there is no help. 

4 His spirit departs, and he returns to the eretz.

In that very day, his thoughts perish. 

5 Happy is he who has the God of Ya`akov for his help,

Whose hope is in the LORD, his God: 

6 Who made heaven and eretz,

The sea, and all that is in them;

Who keeps truth forever; 

7 Who executes justice for the oppressed;

Who gives food to the hungry.

The LORD frees the prisoners. 

8 The LORD opens the eyes of the blind.

The LORD raises up those who are bowed down.

The LORD loves the righteous. 

9 The LORD preserves the sojourners.

He upholds the fatherless and widow,

But the way of the wicked he turns upside down. 

10 The LORD will reign forever;

Your God, O Tziyon, to all generations. Praise the LORD!



PROVERBS: 26


1 Like snow in summer, and as rain in harvest,

So honor is not fitting for a fool. 

2 Like a fluttering sparrow,

Like a darting swallow,

So the undeserved curse doesn't come to rest. 

3 A whip for the horse, a bridle for the donkey,

And a rod for the back of fools! 

4 Don't answer a fool according to his folly,

Lest you also be like him.

5 Answer a fool according to his folly,

Lest he be wise in his own eyes. 

6 One who sends a message by the hand of a fool

Is cutting off feet and drinking violence. 

7 Like the legs of the lame that hang loose:

So is a parable in the mouth of fools. 

8 As one who binds a stone in a sling,

So is he who gives honor to a fool. 

9 Like a thornbush that goes into the hand of a drunkard,

So is a parable in the mouth of fools. 

10 As an archer who wounds all,

So is he who hires a fool

Or he who hires those who pass by. 

11 As a dog that returns to his vomit,

So is a fool who repeats his folly. 

12 Do you see a man wise in his own eyes?

There is more hope for a fool than for him. 

13 The sluggard says,

"There is a lion in the road!

A fierce lion roams the streets!" 

14 As the door turns on its hinges,

So does the sluggard on his bed. 

15 The sluggard buries his hand in the dish.

He is too lazy to bring it back to his mouth. 

16 The sluggard is wiser in his own eyes

Than seven men who answer with discretion. 

17 Like one who seizes a dog's ears

Is one who passes by and meddles in a quarrel not his own. 

18 Like a madman who shoots firebrands, arrows, and death, 

19 Is the man who deceives his neighbor and says,

"Am I not joking?" 

20 For lack of wood the fire goes out;

Where there is no gossip, a quarrel dies down. 

21 As coals are to hot embers, And wood to fire,

So is a contentious man to kindle strife.

22 The words of a whisperer are as dainty morsels,

They go down into the innermost parts. 

23 Like silver dross on an earthen vessel

Are the lips of a fervent one with an evil heart. 

24 A malicious man disguises himself with his lips,

But he harbors evil in his heart. 

25 When his speech is charming, don't believe him;

For there are seven abominations in his heart: 

26 His malice may be concealed by deception,

But his wickedness will be exposed in the assembly. 

27 Whoever digs a pit shall fall into it. ‘

Whoever rolls a stone, it will come back on him. 

28 A lying tongue hates those it hurts;

And a flattering mouth works ruin.



OLD TESTAMENT: 1 KINGS 14:1 - 15:24


14:1 At that time Aviyah the son of Yarov`am fell sick. 2 Yarov`am said to his wife, Please get up and disguise yourself, that you not be known to be the wife of Yarov`am; and get you to Shiloh: behold, there is Achiyah the prophet, who spoke concerning me that I should be king over this people. 3 Take with you ten loaves, and cakes, and a jar of honey, and go to him: he will tell you what shall become of the child. 4 Yarov`am's wife did so, and arose, and went to Shiloh, and came to the house of Achiyah. Now Achiyah could not see; for his eyes were set by reason of his age. 5 The LORD said to Achiyah, Behold, the wife of Yarov`am comes to inquire of you concerning her son; for he is sick: thus and thus shall you tell her; for it will be, when she comes in, that she will feign herself to be another woman. 6 It was so, when Achiyah heard the sound of her feet, as she came in at the door, that he said, Come in, you wife of Yarov`am; why feign you yourself to be another? for I am sent to you with heavy news. 7 Go, tell Yarov`am, Thus says the LORD, the God of Yisra'el: Because I exalted you from among the people, and made you prince over my people Yisra'el, 8 and tore the kingdom away from the house of David, and gave it you; and yet you have not been as my servant David, who kept my mitzvot, and who followed me with all his heart, to do that only which was right in my eyes, 9 but have done evil above all who were before you, and have gone and made you other gods, and molten images, to provoke me to anger, and have cast me behind your back: 10 therefore, behold, I will bring evil on the house of Yarov`am, and will cut off from Yarov`am every man-child, him who is shut up and him who is left at large in Yisra'el, and will utterly sweep away the house of Yarov`am, as a man sweeps away dung, until it be all gone. 11 Him who dies of Yarov`am in the city shall the dogs eat; and him who dies in the field shall the birds of the sky eat: for the LORD has spoken it. 12 Arise you therefore, get you to your house: [and] when your feet enter into the city, the child shall die. 13 All Yisra'el shall mourn for him, and bury him; for he only of Yarov`am shall come to the grave, because in him there is found some good thing toward the LORD, the God of Yisra'el, in the house of Yarov`am. 14 Moreover the LORD will raise him up a king over Yisra'el, who shall cut off the house of Yarov`am that day: but what? even now. 15 For the LORD will strike Yisra'el, as a reed is shaken in the water; and he will root up Yisra'el out of this good land which he gave to their fathers, and will scatter them beyond the River, because they have made their Asherim, provoking the LORD to anger. 16 He will give Yisra'el up because of the sins of Yarov`am, which he has sinned, and with which he has made Yisra'el to sin. 17 Yarov`am's wife arose, and departed, and came to Tirtzah: [and] as she came to the threshold of the house, the child died. 18 All Yisra'el buried him, and mourned for him, according to the word of the LORD, which he spoke by his servant Achiyah the prophet. 19 The rest of the acts of Yarov`am, how he warred, and how he reigned, behold, they are written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Yisra'el. 20 The days which Yarov`am reigned were two and twenty years: and he slept with his fathers, and Nadav his son reigned in his place. 21 Rechav`am the son of Shlomo reigned in Yehudah. Rechav`am was forty-one years old when he began to reign, and he reigned seventeen years in Yerushalayim, the city which the LORD had chosen out of all the tribes of Yisra'el, to put his name there: and his mother's name was Na`amah the `Ammonite. 22 Yehudah did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD, and they provoked him to jealousy with their sins which they committed, above all that their fathers had done. 23 For they also built them high places, and pillars, and Asherim, on every high hill, and under every green tree; 24 and there were also sodomites in the land: they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD drove out before the children of Yisra'el. 25 It happened in the fifth year of king Rechav`am, that Shishak king of Mitzrayim came up against Yerushalayim; 26 and he took away the treasures of the house of the LORD, and the treasures of the king's house; he even took away all: and he took away all the shields of gold which Shlomo had made. 27 King Rechav`am made in their place shields of brass, and committed them to the hands of the captains of the guard, who kept the door of the king's house. 28 It was so, that as often as the king went into the house of the LORD, the guard bore them, and brought them back into the guard-chamber. 29 Now the rest of the acts of Rechav`am, and all that he did, aren't they written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Yehudah? 30 There was war between Rechav`am and Yarov`am continually. 31 Rechav`am slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the city of David: and his mother's name was Na`amah the `Ammonite. Aviyam his son reigned in his place.


15:1 Now in the eighteenth year of king Yarov`am the son of Nevat began Aviyam to reign over Yehudah. 2 Three years reigned he in Yerushalayim: and his mother's name was Ma`akhah the daughter of Avishalom. 3 He walked in all the sins of his father, which he had done before him; and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as the heart of David his father. 4 Nevertheless for David's sake did the LORD his God give him a lamp in Yerushalayim, to set up his son after him, and to establish Yerushalayim; 5 because David did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, and didn't turn aside from anything that he commanded him all the days of his life, except only in the matter of Uriyah the Hittite. 6 Now there was war between Rechav`am and Yarov`am all the days of his life. 7  The rest of the acts of Aviyam, and all that he did, aren't they written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Yehudah? There was war between Aviyam and Yarov`am. 8 Aviyam slept with his fathers; and they buried him in the city of David: and Asa his son reigned in his place. 9 In the twentieth year of Yarov`am king of Yisra'el began Asa to reign over Yehudah. 10 Forty-one years reigned he in Yerushalayim: and his mother's name was Ma`akhah the daughter of Avishalom. 11 Asa did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, as did David his father. 12 He put away the sodomites out of the land, and removed all the idols that his fathers had made. 13 Also Ma`akhah his mother he removed from being queen, because she had made an abominable image for an Asherah; and Asa cut down her image, and burnt it at the brook Kidron. 14 But the high places were not taken away: nevertheless the heart of Asa was perfect with the LORD all his days. 15 He brought into the house of the LORD the things that his father had dedicated, and the things that himself had dedicated, silver, and gold, and vessels. 16 There was war between Asa and Ba`sha king of Yisra'el all their days. 17  Ba`sha king of Yisra'el went up against Yehudah, and built Ramah, that he might not allow anyone to go out or come in to Asa king of Yehudah. 18 Then Asa took all the silver and the gold that were left in the treasures of the house of the LORD, and the treasures of the king's house, and delivered them into the hand of his servants; and king Asa sent them to Ben-Hadad, the son of Tavrimon, the son of Hezyon, king of Aram, who lived at Dammesek, saying, 19 [There is] a league between me and you, between my father and your father: behold, I have sent to you a present of silver and gold; go, break your league with Ba`sha king of Yisra'el, that he may depart from me. 20Ben-Hadad listened to king Asa, and sent the captains of his armies against the cities of Yisra'el, and struck `Iyon, and Dan, and Avel-Beit-Ma`akhah, and all Kinnarot, with all the land of Naftali. 21 It happened, when Ba`sha heard of it, that he left off building Ramah, and lived in Tirtzah. 22 Then king Asa made a proclamation to all Yehudah; none was exempted: and they carried away the stones of Ramah, and the timber of it, with which Ba`sha had built; and king Asa built therewith Geva of Binyamin, and Mitzpah. 23 Now the rest of all the acts of Asa, and all his might, and all that he did, and the cities which he built, aren't they written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Yehudah? But in the time of his old age he was diseased in his feet. 24 Asa slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the city of David his father; and Yehoshafat his son reigned in his place.



NEW TESTAMENT: ACTS 10:1 - 23


10:1 Now there was a certain man in Caesarea, Cornelius by name, a centurion of what was called the Italian Regiment, 

2 a devout man, and one who feared God with all his house, who gave gifts for the needy generously to the people, and always prayed to God. 

3 At about the ninth hour of the day, he clearly saw in a vision an angel of God coming to him, and saying to him, "Cornelius!" 

4 He, fastening his eyes on him, and being frightened, said, "What is it, Lord?" He said to him, "Your prayers and your gifts to the needy have gone up for a memorial before God. 

5 Now send men to Yafo, and get Shim`on, who is surnamed Kefa. 

6 He lodges with one Shim`on, a tanner, whose house is by the seaside." 

7  When the angel who spoke to him had departed, Cornelius called two of his household servants and a devout soldier of those who waited on him continually.

8 Having explained everything to them, he sent them to Yafo. 

9 Now on the next day as they were on their journey, and got close to the city, Kefa went up on the housetop to pray at about noon. 

10 He became hungry and desired to eat, but while they were preparing, he fell into a trance. 

11 He saw heaven opened and a certain container descending to him, like a great sheet let down by four corners on the eretz, 

12 in which were all kinds of four-footed animals of the eretz, wild animals, reptiles, and birds of the sky. 

13 A voice came to him, "Rise, Kefa, kill and eat!" 

14 But Kefa said, "Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean." 

15 A voice came to him again the second time, "What God has cleansed, you must not make unholy." 

16 This was done three times, and immediately the vessel was received up into heaven. 

17  Now while Kefa was very perplexed in himself what the vision which he had seen might mean, behold, the men who were sent by Cornelius, having made inquiry for Shim`on's house, stood before the gate, 

18 and called and asked whether Shim`on, who was surnamed Kefa, was lodging there. 

19 While Kefa thought about the vision, the Spirit said to him, "Behold, three men seek you. 

20 But arise, get down, and go with them, doubting nothing; for I have sent them." 

21 Kefa went down to the men, and said, "Behold, I am he whom you seek. Why have you come?" 

22 They said, "Cornelius, a centurion, a righteous man and one who fears God, and well spoken of by all the nation of the Yehudim, was directed by a holy angel to invite you to his house, and to listen to what you say. 

23 So he called them in and lodged them. On the next day Kefa arose and went out with them, and some of the brothers from Yafo accompanied him.


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment