Wednesday, January 10, 2024

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - August 20 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 














AUGUST 20


PSALMS:  20, 50, 80, 110, 140

PROVERBS:  20

OLD TESTAMENT:  EZEKIEL 20:1 - 49

NEW TESTAMENT:  HEBREWS 9:11 - 27


PSALMS:  20

1 May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble. 
May the name of the God of Ya`akov set you up on high, 
2 Send you help from the sanctuary, 
Grant you support from Tziyon, 
3 Remember all your offerings, 
And accept your burnt-sacrifice. Selah. 
4 May He grant you your heart's desire, 
And fulfill all your counsel. 
5 We will triumph in your yeshu`ah. 
In the name of our God we will set up our banners: 
The LORD fulfill all your petitions. 
6 Now I know that the LORD saves his anointed. 
He will answer him from his holy heaven, 
With the saving strength of his right hand. 
7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses, 
But we trust the name of the LORD our God. 
8 They are bowed down and fallen, 
But we rise up, and stand upright.
9 Save, LORD; 
Let the King answer us when we call!


PSALMS:  50

1 The Mighty One, God, the LORD, speaks, 
And calls the eretz from sunrise to sunset. 
2 Out of Tziyon, the perfection of beauty, 
God shines forth. 
3 Our God comes, and does not keep silent. 
A fire devours before him. 
It is very tempestuous around him. 
4 He calls to the heavens above, 
To the eretz, that he may judge his people: 
5 "Gather my holy ones together to me, 
Those who have made a covenant with me by sacrifice." 
6 The heavens shall declare his righteousness, 
For God himself is judge. 
Selah. 
7 "Hear, my people, and I will speak; 
Yisra'el, and I will testify against you. 
I am God, your God. 
8 I don't rebuke you for your sacrifices. 
Your burnt offerings are continually before me. 
9 I have no need for a bull from your stall, 
Nor male goats from your pens. 
10 For every animal of the forest is mine, 
And the cattle on a thousand hills. 
11 I know all the birds of the mountains. 
The wild animals of the field are mine. 
12 If I were hungry, I would not tell you, 
For the world is mine, and all that is in it.
13 Will I eat the flesh of bulls, 
Or drink the blood of goats? 
14 Offer to God the sacrifice of thanksgiving. 
Pay your vows to Ha`Elyon.
15 Call on me in the day of trouble. 
I will deliver you, and you will honor me." 
16 But to the wicked God says, 
"What right do you have to declare my statutes, 
That you have taken my covenant on your lips,
17  Seeing you hate instruction, 
And throw my words behind you?
18 When you saw a thief, you consented with him, 
And have participated with adulterers. 
19 "You give your mouth to evil. 
You harnesses your tongue for deceit. 
20 You sit and speak against your brother. 
You slander your own mother's son. 
21 You have done these things, and I kept silent. 
You thought that the "I AM" was just like you. 
I will rebuke you, and accuse you in front of your eyes. 
22 "Now consider this, you who forget God, 
Lest I tear you into pieces, and there be none to deliver. 
23 Whoever offers the sacrifice of thanksgiving glorifies me, 
And prepares his way so that I will show God's salvation to him."


PSALMS:  80

1 Hear us, Shepherd of Yisra'el, 
You who lead Yosef like a flock, 
You who sit above the Keruvim, shine forth. 
2 Before Efrayim and Binyamin and Menashsheh, 
stir up your might, 
Come to save us. 
3 Turn us again, God. 
Cause your face to shine, 
And we will be saved.
4 LORD God Tzva'ot, 
How long will you be angry against the prayer of your people? 
5 You have fed them with the bread of tears, 
And given them tears to drink in large measure. 
6 You make us a source of contention to our neighbors. 
Our enemies laugh among themselves. 
7 Turn us again, 
God Tzva'ot. 
Cause your face to shine, 
And we will be saved. 
8 You brought a vine out of Mitzrayim. 
You drove out the nations, and planted it. 
9 You cleared the ground for it. 
It took deep root, and filled the land. 
10 The mountains were covered with its shadow. 
Its boughs were like God's cedars. 
11 It sent out its branches to the sea, 
Its shoots to the River. 
12 Why have you broken down its walls, 
So that all those who pass by the way pluck it? 
13 The boar out of the wood ravages it. 
The wild animals of the field feed on it. 
14 Turn again, we beg you, God Tzva'ot. 
Look down from heaven, and see, and visit this vine, 
15 The stock which your right hand planted, 
The branch that you made strong for yourself. 
16 It is burned with fire. It is cut down. 
They perish at your rebuke. 
17  Let your hand be on the man of your right hand, 
On the son of man whom you made strong for yourself. 
18 So we will not turn away from you. 
Revive us, and we will call on your name. 
19 Turn us again, LORD God Tzva'ot. 
Cause your face to shine, and we will be saved.


PSALMS:  110

1 The LORD says to my Lord, "Sit at my right hand, 
Until I make your enemies your footstool for your feet." 
2 The LORD will send forth the rod of your strength out of Tziyon. 
Rule in the midst of your enemies. 
3 Your people offer themselves willingly in the day of your power, 
In holy array. 
Out of the womb of the morning, you have the dew of your youth. 
4 The LORD has sworn, and will not change his mind:
 "You are a Kohen forever in the order of Malki-Tzedek." 
5 The Lord is at your right hand. 
He will crush kings in the day of his wrath.
6 He will judge among the nations. 
He will heap up dead bodies. 
He will crush the ruler of the whole eretz. 
7 He will drink of the brook in the way; 
Therefore will he lift up his head.


PSALMS:  140

1 Deliver me, LORD, from the evil man. 
Preserve me from the violent man; 
2 Those who devise mischief in their hearts. 
They continually gather themselves together for war. 
3 They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent. 
Viper's poison is under their lips. 
Selah. 
4 LORD, keep me from the hands of the wicked. 
Preserve me from the violent men: 
Who have determined to trip my feet. 
5 The proud have hidden a snare for me, 
They have spread the cords of a net by the path. 
They have set traps for me. 
Selah. 
6 I said to the LORD, 
"You are my God.
" Listen to the cry of my petitions, LORD. 
7 LORD, the Lord, the strength of my yeshu`ah, 
You have covered my head in the day of battle. 
8 LORD, don't grant the desires of the wicked. 
Don't let their evil plans succeed, or they will become proud. Selah. 
9 As for the head of those who surround me, 
Let the mischief of their own lips cover them. 
10 Let burning coals fall on them. 
Let them be thrown into the fire, 
Into miry pits, from where they never rise. 
11 An evil speaker won't be established in the eretz. 
Evil will hunt the violent man to overthrow him. 
12 I know that the LORD will maintain the cause of the afflicted, 
And justice for the needy. 
13 Surely the righteous will give thanks to your name. 
The upright will dwell in your presence.


PROVERBS:  20

1 Wine is a mocker, and beer is a brawler; 
Whoever is let astray by them is not wise. 
2 The terror of a king is like the roaring of a lion: 
He who provokes him to anger forfeits his own life. 
3 It is an honor for a man to keep aloof from strife; 
But every fool will be quarreling.
4 The sluggard will not plow by reason of the winter; 
Therefore he shall beg in harvest, and have nothing. 
5 Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water; 
But a man of understanding will draw it out.
6 Many men claim to be men of unfailing love, 
But who can find a faithful man? 
7 A righteous man who walks in his integrity, 
Blessed are his children after him. 
8 A king who sits on the throne of judgment 
Scatters away all evil with his eyes. 
9 Who can say, "I have made my heart pure. 
I am clean and without sin?" 
10 Differing weights and differing measures, 
Both of them alike are an abomination to the LORD. 
11 Even a child makes himself known by his doings, 
Whether his work is pure, and whether it is right. 
12 The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, 
The LORD has made even both of them. 
13 Don't love sleep, lest you come to poverty; 
Open your eyes, and you shall be satisfied with bread. 
14 "It's no good, it's no good," says the buyer; 
But when he is gone his way, then he boasts.
15 There is gold and abundance of rubies; 
But the lips of knowledge are a rare jewel. 
16 Take the garment of one who puts up collateral for a stranger; 
And hold him in pledge for a wayward woman. 
17 Fraudulent food is sweet to a man, 
But afterwards his mouth is filled with gravel. 
18 Plans are established by advice; 
By wise guidance you wage war! 
19 He who goes about as a tale-bearer reveals secrets; 
Therefore don't keep company with him who opens wide his lips. 
20 Whoever curses his father or his mother, 
His lamp shall be put out in blackness of darkness. 
21 An inheritance quickly gained at the beginning, 
Won't be blessed in the end. 
22 Don't say, 
"I will pay back evil." 
Wait for the LORD, and he will save you. 
23 The LORD detests differing weights, 
And dishonest scales are not pleasing. 
24 A man's steps are from the LORD; 
How then can man understand his way? 
25 It is a snare to a man make a rash dedication, 
And later reconsider his vows. 
26 A wise king winnows out the wicked, 
And drives the threshing wheel over them. 
27 The spirit of man is the LORD's lamp, 
Searching all his innermost parts.
28 Love and faithfulness keep the king safe. 
His throne is sustained by love. 
29 The glory of young men is their strength. 
The splendor of old men is their gray hair. 
30 Wounding blows cleanse away evil, 
And beatings purge the innermost parts.


OLD TESTAMENT:  EZEKIEL 20:1 - 49

20:1 It happened in the seventh year, in the fifth [month], the tenth [day] of the month, that certain of the Zakenim of Yisra'el came to inquire of the LORD, and sat before me. 
2 The word of the LORD came to me, saying, 
3 Son of man, speak to the Zakenim of Yisra'el, and tell them, Thus says the Lord GOD: Is it to inquire of me that you have come? As I live, says the Lord GOD, I will not be inquired of by you.
4 Will you judge them, son of man, will you judge them? Cause them to know the abominations of their fathers; 
5 and tell them, Thus says the Lord GOD: In the day when I chose Yisra'el, and swore to the seed of the house of Ya`akov, and made myself known to them in the land of Mitzrayim, when I swore to them, saying, I am the LORD your God; 
6 in that day I swore to them, to bring them forth out of the land of Mitzrayim into a land that I had searched out for them, flowing with milk and honey, which is the glory of all lands. 
7  I said to them, Cast you away every man the abominations of his eyes, and don't defile yourselves with the idols of Mitzrayim; I am the LORD your God. 
8 But they rebelled against me, and would not listen to me; they did not every man cast away the abominations of their eyes, neither did they forsake the idols of Mitzrayim. Then I said I would pour out my wrath on them, to accomplish my anger against them in the midst of the land of Mitzrayim. 
9 But I worked for my name's sake, that it should not be profaned in the sight of the nations, among which they were, in whose sight I made myself known to them, in bringing them forth out of the land of Mitzrayim. 
10 So I caused them to go forth out of the land of Mitzrayim, and brought them into the wilderness. 
11 I gave them my statutes, and shown them my ordinances, which if a man do, he shall live in them. 
12 Moreover also I gave them my Shabbatot, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD who sanctifies them. 
13 But the house of Yisra'el rebelled against me in the wilderness: they didn't walk in my statutes, and they rejected my ordinances, which if a man keep, he shall live in them; and my Shabbatot they greatly profaned. Then I said I would pour out my wrath on them in the wilderness, to consume them. 
14 But I worked for my name's sake, that it should not be profaned in the sight of the nations, in whose sight I brought them out. 
15 Moreover also I swore to them in the wilderness, that I would not bring them into the land which I had given them, flowing with milk and honey, which is the glory of all lands; 
16 because they rejected my ordinances, and didn't walk in my statutes, and profaned my Shabbatot: for their heart went after their idols. 
17Nevertheless my eye spared them, and I didn't destroy them, neither did I make a full end of them in the wilderness. 
18 I said to their children in the wilderness, Don't you walk in the statutes of your fathers, neither observe their ordinances, nor defile yourselves with their idols. 
19 I am the LORD your God: walk in my statutes, and keep my ordinances, and do them; 
20 and make my Shabbatot holy; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that you may know that I am the LORD your God. 
21 But the children rebelled against me; they didn't walk in my statutes, neither kept my ordinances to do them, which if a man do, he shall live in them; they profaned my Shabbatot. Then I said I would pour out my wrath on them, to accomplish my anger against them in the wilderness. 
22 Nevertheless I withdrew my hand, and worked for my name's sake, that it should not be profaned in the sight of the nations, in whose sight I brought them forth. 
23 Moreover I swore to them in the wilderness, that I would scatter them among the nations, and disperse them through the countries; 
24 because they had not executed my ordinances, but had rejected my statutes, and had profaned my Shabbatot, and their eyes were after their fathers' idols. 
25 Moreover also I gave them statutes that were not good, and ordinances in which they should not live; 
26 and I polluted them in their own gifts, in that they caused to pass through [the fire] all that opens the womb, that I might make them desolate, to the end that they might know that I am the LORD. 
27 Therefore, son of man, speak to the house of Yisra'el, and tell them, Thus says the Lord GOD: In this moreover have your fathers blasphemed me, in that they have committed a trespass against me. 
28 For when I had brought them into the land, which I swore to give to them, then they saw every high hill, and every thick tree, and they offered there their sacrifices, and there they presented the provocation of their offering; there also they made their sweet savor, and they poured out there their drink-offerings. 
29 Then I said to them, What means the high place whereunto you go? So the name of it is called Bamah to this day. 
30 Therefore tell the house of Yisra'el, Thus says the Lord GOD: Do you pollute yourselves after the manner of your fathers? and play you the prostitute after their abominations? 
31 and when you offer your gifts, when you make your sons to pass through the fire, do you pollute yourselves with all your idols to this day? and shall I be inquired of by you, house of Yisra'el? As I live, says the Lord GOD, I will not be inquired of by you; 
32 and that which comes into your mind shall not be at all, in that you say, We will be as the nations, as the families of the countries, to serve wood and stone. 
33 As I live, says the Lord GOD, surely with a mighty hand, and with an outstretched arm, and with wrath poured out, will I be king over you: 
34 and I will bring you out from the peoples, and will gather you out of the countries in which you are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with an outstretched arm, and with wrath poured out; 
35 and I will bring you into the wilderness of the peoples, and there will I enter into judgment with you face to face. 
36 Like as I entered into judgment with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Mitzrayim, so will I enter into judgment with you, says the Lord GOD. 
37 I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant; 
38 and I will purge out from among you the rebels, and those who disobey against me; I will bring them forth out of the land where they sojourn, but they shall not enter into Eretz-Yisra'el: and you shall know that I am the LORD. 
39 As for you, house of Yisra'el, thus says the Lord GOD: Go you, serve everyone his idols, and hereafter also, if you will not listen to me; but my holy name shall you no more profane with your gifts, and with your idols. 
40 For in my holy mountain, in the mountain of the height of Yisra'el, says the Lord GOD, there shall all the house of Yisra'el, all of them, serve me in the land: there will I accept them, and there will I require your offerings, and the first fruits of your offerings, with all your holy things. 
41 As a sweet savor will I accept you, when I bring you out from the peoples, and gather you out of the countries in which you have been scattered; and I will be sanctified in you in the sight of the nations. 
42 You shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall bring you into Eretz-Yisra'el, into the country which I swore to give to your fathers. 
43 There shall you remember your ways, and all your doings, in which you have polluted yourselves; and you shall loathe yourselves in your own sight for all your evils that you have committed. 
44 You shall know that I am the LORD, when I have dealt with you for my name's sake, not according to your evil ways, nor according to your corrupt doings, you house of Yisra'el, says the Lord GOD. 
45 The word of the LORD came to me, saying, 
46 Son of man, set your face toward the south, and drop [your word] toward the south, and prophesy against the forest of the field in the South; 
47 and tell the forest of the South, Hear the word of the LORD: Thus says the Lord GOD, Behold, I will kindle a fire in you, and it shall devour every green tree in you, and every dry tree: the flaming flame shall not be quenched, and all faces from the south to the north shall be burnt thereby. 
48 All flesh shall see that I, the LORD, have kindled it; it shall not be quenched. 
49 Then said I, Ah Lord GOD! they say of me, Isn't he a speaker of parables?


NEW TESTAMENT:  HEBREWS 9:11 - 27

9:11 But Messiah having come as a Kohen Gadol of the coming good things, through the greater and more perfect tent, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this creation, 
12 nor yet through the blood of goats and calves, but through his own blood, entered in once for all into the Holy Place, having obtained eternal redemption. 
13 For if the blood of goats and bulls, and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those who have been defiled, sanctify to the cleanness of the flesh:
14 how much more will the blood of Messiah, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? 
15 For this cause he is the mediator of a new covenant, that a death having taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance. 
16 For where a last will and testament is, there must of necessity be the death of him who made it. 
17 For a will is in force where there has been death, for it is never in force while he who made it lives. 
18 Therefore even the first covenant has not been dedicated without blood. 
19 For when every mitzvah had been spoken by Moshe to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of the calves and the goats, with water and scarlet wool and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people, 
20saying, "This is the blood of the covenant which God commanded toward you." 
21 Moreover he sprinkled the tent and all the vessels of the ministry in like manner with the blood. 
22 According to the law, nearly everything is cleansed with blood, and apart from shedding of blood there is no remission. 
23 It was necessary therefore that the copies of the things in the heavens should be cleansed with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
24 For Messiah entered not into a holy place made with hands, similar in pattern to the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear before the face of God for us; 
25 nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the Kohen Gadol enters into the holy place year by year with blood not his own, 
26 or else he must have suffered often since the foundation of the world. But now once at the end of the ages, he has been revealed to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. 
27 Inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once, and after this, judgment,

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment