Wednesday, January 10, 2024

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - August 25 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 













AUGUST 25


PSALMS:  25, 55, 85, 115, 145

PROVERBS:  25

OLD TESTAMENT:  EZEKIEL 29:1 - 30:26

NEW TESTAMENT:  HEBREWS 11:32 – 12:13


PSALMS:  25

1 To you, LORD, do I lift up my soul. 
2 My God, in you have I trusted, 
Let me not be put to shame. 
Don't let my enemies triumph over me. 
3 Yes, no one who waits for you shall be put to shame. 
They shall be put to shame who deal treacherously without cause. 
4 Show me your ways, LORD. 
Teach me your paths. 
5 Guide me in your truth, and teach me, 
For you are the God of my salvation, 
I wait for you all day long. 
6 LORD, remember your tender mercies and your loving kindness, 
For they are from old times. 
7 Don't remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions. 
Remember me according to your loving kindness, 
For your goodness' sake, LORD. 
8 Good and upright is the LORD, 
Therefore he will instruct sinners in the way.
9 He will guide the humble in justice. 
He will teach the humble his way. 
10 All the paths of the LORD are loving kindness and truth 
To such as keep his covenant and his testimonies. 
11 For your name's sake, LORD, 
Pardon my iniquity, for it is great. 
12 What man is he who fears the LORD? 
He shall instruct him in the way that he shall choose. 
13 His soul shall dwell at ease. 
His seed shall inherit the land. 
14 The friendship of the LORD is with those who fear him. 
He will show them his covenant. 
15 My eyes are ever on the LORD, 
For he will pluck my feet out of the net. 
16 Turn to me, and have mercy on me, 
For I am desolate and afflicted. 
17  The troubles of my heart are enlarged. 
Oh bring me out of my distresses. 
18 Consider my affliction and my travail. 
Forgive all my sins. 
19 Consider my enemies, for they are many. 
They hate me with cruel hatred. 
20 Oh keep my soul, and deliver me. 
Let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you. 
21 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, 
For I wait for you. 
22 Redeem Yisra'el, God, 
Out all of his troubles.


PSALMS:  55

1 Listen to my prayer, God. 
Don't hide yourself from my supplication. 
2 Attend to me, and answer me. 
I am restless in my complaint, and moan, 
3 Because of the voice of the enemy, 
Because of the oppression of the wicked. 
For they bring suffering on me. 
In anger they hold a grudge against me. 
4 My heart is severely pained within me. 
The terrors of death have fallen on me. 
5 Fearfulness and trembling have come on me. 
Horror has overwhelmed me. 
6 I said, "Oh that I had wings like a dove! 
Then I would fly away, and be at rest. 
7 Behold, then I would wander far off. 
I would lodge in the wilderness." 
Selah. 
8 "I would hurry to a shelter from the stormy wind and tempest." 
9 Confuse them, Lord, and confound their language, 
For I have seen violence and strife in the city. 
10 Day and night they prowl around on its walls. 
Malice and abuse are also within her. 
11 Destructive forces are within her. 
Threats and lies don't depart from her streets. 
12 For it was not an enemy who insulted me, 
Then I could have endured it. 
Neither was it he who hated me who raised himself up against me, 
Then I would have hid myself from him. 
13 But it was you, a man like me, 
My companion, and my familiar friend. 
14 We took sweet fellowship together. 
We walked in God's house with the throng. 
15 Let death come suddenly on them. 
Let them go down alive into She'ol. 
For wickedness is in their dwelling, in the midst of them. 
16 As for me, I will call on God. 
The LORD will save me. 
17 Evening, morning, and at noon, I will cry out in distress. 
He will hear my voice. 
18 He has redeemed my soul in shalom from the battle that was against me, 
Although there are many who oppose me. 
19 God, who is enthroned forever, 
Will hear, and answer them. 
Selah. 
They never change, 
Who don't fear God. 
20 He raises his hands against his friends. 
He has violated his covenant. 
21 His mouth was smooth as butter, 
But his heart was war. 
His words were softer than oil, 
Yet they were drawn swords. 
22 Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you. 
He will never allow the righteous to be moved. 
23 But you, God, will bring them down into the pit of destruction. 
Bloodthirsty and deceitful men shall not live out half their days, 
But I will trust in you.


PSALMS:  85

1 LORD, you have been favorable to your land. 
You have restored the fortunes of Ya`akov. 
2 You have forgiven the iniquity of your people. 
You have covered all their sin. 
Selah. 
3 You have taken away all your wrath. 
You have turned from the fierceness of your anger. 
4 Turn us, God of our salvation, 
And cause your indignation toward us to cease. 
5 Will you be angry with us forever? 
Will you draw out your anger to all generations? 
6 Won't you revive us again, 
That your people may rejoice in you? 
7 Show us your loving kindness, LORD. 
Grant us your salvation. 
8 I will hear what God, the LORD, will speak, 
For he will speak shalom to his people, his holy ones; 
But let them not turn again to folly. 
9 Surely his salvation is near those who fear him, 
That glory may dwell in our land.
10 Mercy and truth meet together. 
Righteousness and shalom have kissed each other. 
11 Truth springs out of the eretz. 
Righteousness has looked down from heaven. 
12 Yes, the LORD will give that which is good. 
Our land will yield its increase. 
13 Righteousness goes before him, 
And prepares the way for his steps.


PSALMS:  115

1 Not to us, LORD, not to us, 
But to your name give glory, 
For your loving kindness, and for your truth's sake. 
2 Why should the nations say, 
"Where is their God, now?" 
3 But our God is in the heavens. 
He does whatever he pleases. 
4 Their idols are silver and gold, 
The work of men's hands. 
5 They have mouths, but they don't speak; 
They have eyes, but they don't see; 
6 They have ears, but they don't hear; 
They have noses, but they don't smell; 
7  They have hands, but they don't feel; 
They have feet, but they don't walk; 
Neither do they speak through their throat. 
8 Those who make them will be like them; 
Yes, everyone who trusts in them. 
9 Yisra'el, trust in the LORD! 
He is their help and their shield. 
10 House of Aharon, trust in the LORD! 
He is their help and their shield. 
11 You who fear the LORD, trust in the LORD! 
He is their help and their shield. 
12 The LORD remembers us. 
He will bless us. 4
He will bless the house of Yisra'el. 
He will bless the house of Aharon. 
13 He will bless those who fear the LORD, 
Both small and great. 
14 May the LORD increase you more and more, 
You and your children. 
15 Blessed are you by the LORD, 
Who made heaven and eretz. 
16 The heavens are the heavens of the LORD; 
But the eretz has he given to the children of men. 
17  The dead don't praise the LORD, 
Neither any who go down into silence; 
18 But we will bless the LORD, 
From this time forth and forevermore. 
Praise the LORD!


PSALMS:  145

1 I will exalt you, my God, the King. 
I will praise your name forever and ever. 
2 Every day I will praise you. 
I will extol your name forever and ever. 
3 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised! 
His greatness is unsearchable. 
4 One generation will commend your works to another, 
And will declare your mighty acts. 
5 Of the glorious majesty of your honor, 
Of your wondrous works, I will meditate. 
6 Men will speak of the might of your awesome acts. 
I will declare your greatness. 
7 They will utter the memory of your great goodness, 
And will sing of your righteousness. 
8 The LORD is gracious, merciful, 
Slow to anger, and of great loving kindness. 
9 The LORD is good to all. 
His tender mercies are over all his works.
10 All your works will give thanks to you, LORD. 
Your holy ones will extol you. 
11 They will speak of the glory of your kingdom, 
And talk about your power; 
12 To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, 
The glory of the majesty of his kingdom. 
13 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom. 
Your dominion endures throughout all generations. 
14 The LORD upholds all who fall, 
And raises up all those who are bowed down. 
15 The eyes of all wait for you. 
You give them their food in due season. 
16 You open your hand, 
And satisfy the desire of every living thing. 
17  The LORD is righteous in all his ways, 
And gracious in all his works. 
18 The LORD is near to all those who call on him, 
To all who call on him in truth. 
19 He will fulfill the desire of those who fear him. 
He also will hear their cry, and will save them. 
20 The LORD preserves all those who love him, 
But all the wicked he will destroy. 
21 My mouth will speak the praise of the LORD. 
Let all flesh bless his holy name forever and ever.


PROVERBS:  25

1 These also are proverbs of Shlomo, 
which the men of Hizkiyahu king of Yehudah copied out. 
2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing, 
But the glory of kings is to search out a matter. 
3 As the heavens for height, and the eretz for depth, 
So the hearts of kings are unsearchable. 
4 Take away the dross from the silver, 
And material comes out for the refiner; 
5 Take away the wicked from the king's presence, 
And his throne will be established in righteousness. 
6 Don't exalt yourself in the presence of the king, 
Or claim a place among great men; 
7 For it is better that it be said to you, "Come up here,
" Than that you should be put lower in the presence of the prince, 
Whom your eyes have seen. 
8 Don't be hasty in bringing charges to court. 
What will you do in the end when your neighbor shames you? 
9 Debate your case with your neighbor, 
And don't betray the confidence of another; 
10 Lest one who hears it put you to shame, 
And your bad reputation never depart. 
11 A word fitly spoken Is like apples of gold in settings of silver. 
12 As an ear-ring of gold, and an ornament of fine gold, 
So is a wise reprover to an obedient ear. 
13 As the cold of snow in the time of harvest, 
So is a faithful messenger to those who send him; 
For he refreshes the soul of his masters. 
14 As clouds and wind without rain, 
So is he who boasts of gifts deceptively. 
15 By patience a ruler is persuaded. 
A soft tongue breaks the bone. 
16 Have you found honey? 
Eat as much as is sufficient for you, 
Lest you eat too much, and vomit it. 
17 Let your foot be seldom in your neighbor's house, 
Lest he be weary of you, and hate you. 
18 A man who gives false testimony against his neighbor 
Is like a club, a sword, or a sharp arrow. 
19 Confidence in someone unfaithful in time of trouble 
Is like a bad tooth, or a lame foot. 
20 As one who takes away a garment in cold weather, 
Or vinegar on soda, So is one who sings songs to a heavy heart. 
21 If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; 
If he is thirsty, give him water to drink: 
22 For you will heap coals of fire on his head, 
And the LORD will reward you. 
23 The north wind brings forth rain: 
So a backbiting tongue brings an angry face. 
24 It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, 
Than to share a house with a contentious woman. 
25 Like cold water to a thirsty soul, 
So is good news from a far country. 
26 Like a muddied spring, and a polluted well, 
So is a righteous man who gives way before the wicked. 
27 It is not good to eat much honey; 
Nor is it honorable to seek ones own honor. 
28 Like a city that is broken down and without walls 
Is a man whose spirit is without restraint.


OLD TESTAMENT:  EZEKIEL 29:1 - 30:26

1 In the tenth year, in the tenth [month], in the twelfth [day] of the month, the word of the LORD came to me, saying, 2 Son of man, set your face against Par`oh king of Mitzrayim, and prophesy against him, and against all Mitzrayim; 3 speak, and say, Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I am against you, Par`oh king of Mitzrayim, the great monster that lies in the midst of his rivers, that has said, My river is my own, and I have made it for myself. 4 I will put hooks in your jaws, and I will cause the fish of your rivers to stick to your scales; and I will bring you up out of the midst of your rivers, with all the fish of your rivers which stick to your scales. 5 I will cast you forth into the wilderness, you and all the fish of your rivers: you shall fall on the open field; you shall not be brought together, nor gathered; I have given you for food to the animals of the eretz and to the birds of the sky. 6 All the inhabitants of Mitzrayim shall know that I am the LORD, because they have been a staff of reed to the house of Yisra'el. 7 When they took hold of you by your hand, you did break, and did tear all their shoulders; and when they leaned on you, you broke, and mad all their loins to be at a stand. 8 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I will bring a sword on you, and will cut off from you man and animal. 9 The land of Mitzrayim shall be a desolation and a waste; and they shall know that I am the LORD. Because he has said, The river is mine, and I have made it; 10 therefore, behold, I am against you, and against your rivers, and I will make the land of Mitzrayim an utter waste and desolation, from Migdol to Seven even to the border of Kush. 11 No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of animal shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years. 12 I will make the land of Mitzrayim a desolation in the midst of the countries that are desolate; and her cities among the cities that are laid waste shall be a desolation forty years; and I will scatter the Mitzrim among the nations, and will disperse them through the countries. 13 For thus says the Lord GOD: At the end of forty years will I gather the Mitzrim from the peoples where they were scattered; 14 and I will bring back the captivity of Mitzrayim, and will cause them to return into the land of Patros, into the land of their birth; and they shall be there a base kingdom. 15 It shall be the base of the kingdoms; neither shall it any more lift itself up above the nations: and I will diminish them, that they shall no more rule over the nations. 16 It shall be no more the confidence of the house of Yisra'el, bringing iniquity to memory, when they turn to look after them: and they shall know that I am the Lord GOD. 17 It came to pass in the seven and twentieth year, in the first [month], in the first [day] of the month, the word of the LORD came to me, saying,18 Son of man, Nevukhadretztzar king of Bavel caused his army to serve a great service against Tzor: every head was made bald, and every shoulder was worn; yet had he no wages, nor his army, from Tzor, for the service that he had served against it.19 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I will give the land of Mitzrayim to Nevukhadretztzar king of Bavel; and he shall carry off her multitude, and take her spoil, and take her prey; and it shall be the wages for his army. 20 I have given him the land of Mitzrayim as his recompense for which he served, because they worked for me, says the Lord GOD. 21In that day will I cause a horn to bud forth to the house of Yisra'el, and I will give you the opening of the mouth in the midst of them; and they shall know that I am the LORD. 

1 The word of the LORD came again to me, saying,2 Son of man, prophesy, and say, Thus says the Lord GOD: Wail, Alas for the day! 3 For the day is near, even the day of the LORD is near; it shall be a day of clouds, a time of the nations. 4 A sword shall come on Mitzrayim, and anguish shall be in Kush, when the slain shall fall in Mitzrayim; and they shall take away her multitude, and her foundations shall be broken down. 5 Kush, and Put, and Lud, and all the mixed people, and Kuv, and the children of the land that is in league, shall fall with them by the sword. 6 Thus says the LORD: They also who uphold Mitzrayim shall fall; and the pride of her power shall come down: from Migdol to Seven shall they fall in it by the sword, says the Lord GOD. 7They shall be desolate in the midst of the countries that are desolate; and her cities shall be in the midst of the cities that are wasted. 8 They shall know at I am the LORD, when I have set a fire in Mitzrayim, and all her helpers are destroyed. 9 In that day shall messengers go forth from before me in ships to make the careless Kushim afraid; and there shall be anguish on them, as in the day of Mitzrayim; for, behold, it comes. 10 Thus says the Lord GOD: I will also make the multitude of Mitzrayim to cease, by the hand of Nevukhadretztzar king of Bavel. 11 He and his people with him, the terrible of the nations, shall be brought in to destroy the land; and they shall draw their swords against Mitzrayim, and fill the land with the slain. 12 I will make the rivers dry, and will sell the land into the hand of evil men; and I will make the land desolate, and all that is therein, by the hand of strangers: I, the LORD, have spoken it. 13Thus says the Lord GOD: I will also destroy the idols, and I will cause the images to cease from Mof; and there shall be no more a prince from the land of Mitzrayim: and I will put a fear in the land of Mitzrayim. 14 I will make Patros desolate, and will set a fire in Tzo`an, and will execute judgments on No. 15 I will pour my wrath on Sin, the stronghold of Mitzrayim; and I will cut off the multitude of No. 16 I will set a fire in Mitzrayim: Sin shall be in great anguish, and No shall be broken up; and Mof [shall have] adversaries in the day-time. 17 The young men of Aven and of Pi-Veset shall fall by the sword; and these [cities] shall go into captivity. 18 At Techafneches also the day shall withdraw itself, when I shall break there the yokes of Mitzrayim, and the pride of her power shall cease in her: as for her, a cloud shall cover her, and her daughters shall go into captivity. 19 Thus will I execute judgments on Mitzrayim; and they shall know that I am the LORD.20 It happened in the eleventh year, in the first [month], in the seventh [day] of the month, that the word of the LORD came to me, saying, 21 Son of man, I have broken the arm of Par`oh king of Mitzrayim; and, behold, it has not been bound up, to apply [healing] medicines, to put a bandage to bind it, that it be strong to hold the sword. 22 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I am against Par`oh king of Mitzrayim, and will break his arms, the strong [arm], and that which was broken; and I will cause the sword to fall out of his hand. 23 I will scatter the Mitzrim among the nations, and will disperse them through the countries. 24 I will strengthen the arms of the king of Bavel, and put my sword in his hand: but I will break the arms of Par`oh, and he shall groan before him with the groanings of a deadly wounded man. 25 I will hold up the arms of the king of Bavel; and the arms of Par`oh shall fall down; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall put my sword into the hand of the king of Bavel, and he shall stretch it out on the land of Mitzrayim. 26 I will scatter the Mitzrim among the nations, and disperse them through the countries; and they shall know that I am the LORD. 


NEW TESTAMENT:  HEBREWS 11:32 – 12:13

11:32 What will I more say? For the time will fail me if I tell of Gid`on, Barak, Shimshon, Yiftach, David, Shemu'el, and the prophets; 33 who, through faith, subdued kingdoms, worked out righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, 34 quenched the power of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, from weakness were made strong, grew mighty in war, and turned to flight armies of aliens. 35 Women received their dead by resurrection. Others were tortured, not accepting their deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection. 36 Others were tried by mocking and scourging, yes, moreover by bonds and imprisonment. 37  They were stoned. They were sawn apart. They were tempted. They were slain with the sword. They went around in sheepskins, in goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, ill-treated 38 (of whom the world was not worthy), wandering in deserts and mountains and caves, and the holes of the eretz. 39 These all, having had testimony given to them through their faith, didn't receive the promise, 40 God having provided some better thing concerning us, so that apart from us they should not be made perfect. 

12:1 Therefore let us also, seeing we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 looking to Yeshua, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 For consider him who has endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, that you don't grow weary, fainting in your souls. 4 You have not yet resisted to blood, striving against sin; 5 and you have forgotten the exhortation which reasons with you as with sons, "My son, don't take lightly the chastening of the Lord, Nor faint when you are reproved by him; 6 For whom the Lord loves, he chastens, And scourges every son whom he receives." 7  It is for discipline that you endure. God deals with you as with sons, for what son is there whom his father doesn't discipline? 8 But if you are without discipline, whereof all have been made partakers, then are you illegitimate, and not sons. 9 Furthermore, we had the fathers of our flesh to chasten us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much rather be in subjection to the Father of spirits, and live? 10 For they indeed, for a few days, punished us as seemed good to them; but he for our profit, that we may be partakers of his holiness. 11 All chastening seems for the present to be not joyous but grievous; yet afterward it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been exercised thereby. 12 Therefore, lift up the hands that hang down and the feeble knees, 13 and make straight paths for your feet, that that which is lame may not be dislocated, but rather be healed. 

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment