Tuesday, November 1, 2022

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation – October 30 – Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 












OCTOBER 30



PSALMS: 30, 60, 90, 120, 150


PROVERBS: 30


OLD TESTAMENT: GENESIS 39:1 - 41:16


NEW TESTAMENT: MATTHEW 12:46 - 13:23



PSALMS: 30


1 I will extol you, LORD, for you have raised me up,

And have not made my foes to rejoice over me. 

2 LORD my God, I cried to you, and you have healed me. 

3 LORD, you have brought up my soul from She'ol.

You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. 

4 Sing praise to the LORD, you holy ones of his.

Give thanks to his holy name. 

5 For his anger is but for a moment;

His favor is for a lifetime.

Weeping may stay for the night,

But joy comes in the morning. 

6 As for me, I said in my prosperity, "I shall never be moved." 

7 You, LORD, when you favored me, made my mountain to stand strong.

But when you hid your face, I was troubled. 

8 I cried to you, LORD.

To the LORD I made supplication: 

9 "What profit is there in my destruction, if I go down to the pit?

Shall the dust praise you?

Shall it declare your truth? 

10 Hear, LORD, and have mercy on me. LORD, be my helper." 

11 You have turned my mourning into dancing for me.

You have removed my sackcloth, and clothed me with gladness, 

12 To the end that my heart may sing praise to you, and not be silent.

LORD my God, I will give thanks to you forever.



PSALMS: 60


1 God, you have rejected us.

You have broken us down.

You have been angry.

Restore us to you, again. 

2 You have made the land tremble.

You have torn it.

Mend its fractures,

For it quakes. 

3 You have shown your people hard things.

You have made us drink the wine that makes us stagger. 

4 You have given a banner to those who fear you,

That it may be displayed because of the truth.

Selah.

5 So that your beloved may be delivered,

Save with your right hand, and answer us. 

6 God has spoken from his sanctuary:

"I will triumph.

I will divide Shekhem,

And measure out the valley of Sukkot.

7 Gil`ad is mine, and Menashsheh is mine.

Efrayim also is the defense of my head.

Yehudah is my scepter. 

8 Mo'av is my wash basin.

I will throw my shoe on Edom.

I shout in triumph over Peleshet." 

9 Who will bring me into the strong city?

Who has led me to Edom? 

10 Haven't you, God, rejected us?

You don't go out with our armies, God. 

11 Give us help against the adversary,

For the help of man is vain. 

12 Through God we shall do valiantly,

For it is he who will tread down our adversaries.



PSALMS: 90


1 Lord, you have been our dwelling place In all generations. 

2 Before the mountains were brought forth,

Or ever you had formed the eretz and the world,

Even from everlasting to everlasting, you are God. 

3 You turn man to destruction, saying,

"Return, you children of men." 

4 For a thousand years in your sight

Are but as yesterday when it is past,

As a watch in the night. 

5 You sweep them away as they sleep.

In the morning they sprout like new grass. 

6 In the morning it sprouts and springs up.

By evening, it is withered and dry.

7 For we are consumed in your anger.

We are troubled in your wrath. 

8 You have set our iniquities before you,

Our secret sins in the light of your presence. 

9 For all our days have passed away in your wrath.

We bring our years to an end as a sigh. 

10 The days of our years are seventy,

Or even by reason of strength eighty years;

Yet their pride is but labor and sorrow,

For it passes quickly, and we fly away. 

11 Who knows the power of your anger,

Your wrath according to the fear that is due to you? 

12 So teach us to number our days,

That we may gain a heart of wisdom. 

13 Relent, LORD! How long?

Have compassion on your servants. 

14 Satisfy us in the morning with your loving kindness,

That we may rejoice and be glad all our days. 

15 Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us,

For as many years as we have seen evil. 

16 Let your work appear to your servants;

Your glory to their children. 

17 Let the favor of the Lord our God be on us;

Establish the work of our hands for us;

Yes, establish the work of our hands.



PSALMS: 120


1 The LORD says to my Lord, "Sit at my right hand,

Until I make your enemies your footstool for your feet." 

2 The LORD will send forth the rod of your strength out of Tziyon.

Rule in the midst of your enemies. 

3 Your people offer themselves willingly in the day of your power,

In holy array.

Out of the womb of the morning,

you have the dew of your youth. 

4 The LORD has sworn, and will not change his mind:

"You are a Kohen forever in the order of Malki-Tzedek." 

5 The Lord is at your right hand.

He will crush kings in the day of his wrath.

6 He will judge among the nations.

He will heap up dead bodies.

He will crush the ruler of the whole eretz. 

7 He will drink of the brook in the way;

Therefore will he lift up his head.



PSALMS: 150


1 Deliver me, LORD, from the evil man.

Preserve me from the violent man; 

2 Those who devise mischief in their hearts.

They continually gather themselves together for war. 

3 They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent.

Viper's poison is under their lips. Selah. 

4 LORD, keep me from the hands of the wicked.

Preserve me from the violent men:

Who have determined to trip my feet. 

5 The proud have hidden a snare for me,

They have spread the cords of a net by the path.

They have set traps for me. Selah. 

6 I said to the LORD, "You are my God."

Listen to the cry of my petitions, LORD. 

7 LORD, the Lord, the strength of my yeshu`ah,

You have covered my head in the day of battle. 

8 LORD, don't grant the desires of the wicked.

Don't let their evil plans succeed,

or they will become proud.

Selah. 

9 As for the head of those who surround me,

Let the mischief of their own lips cover them. 

10 Let burning coals fall on them.

Let them be thrown into the fire,

Into miry pits, from where they never rise. 

11 An evil speaker won't be established in the eretz.

Evil will hunt the violent man to overthrow him. 

12 I know that the LORD will maintain the cause of the afflicted,

And justice for the needy. 

13 Surely the righteous will give thanks to your name.

The upright will dwell in your presence.



PROVERBS: 30


1 The words of Agur the son of Yakeh, the oracle:

The man says to 'Iti'el, To 'Iti'el and Ucal: 

2 "Surely I am the most ignorant man,

And don't have a man's understanding. 

3 I have not learned wisdom,

Neither do I have the knowledge of the Holy One. 

4 Who has ascended up into heaven, and descended?

Who has gathered the wind in his fists?

Who has bound the waters in his garment?

Who has established all the ends of the eretz? ‘

What is his name, and what is his son's name, if you know? 

5 "Every word of God is flawless.

He is a shield to those who take refuge in him. 

6 Don't you add to his words,

Lest he reprove you, and you be found a liar. 

7 "Two things I have asked of you;

Don't deny me before I die: 

8 Remove far from me falsehood and lies.

Give me neither poverty nor riches.

Feed me with the food that is needful for me; 

9 Lest I be full, deny you, and say,

'Who is the LORD?'

Or lest I be poor, and steal,

And so dishonor the name of my God. 

10 "Don't slander a servant to his master,

Lest he curse you, and you be held guilty. 

11 There is a generation that curses their father,

And doesn't bless their mother. 

12 There is a generation that is pure in their own eyes,

Yet are not washed from their filthiness. 

13 There is a generation, oh how lofty are their eyes!

Their eyelids are lifted up. 

14 There is a generation whose teeth are like swords,

And their jaws like knives,

To devour the poor from the eretz,

and the needy from among men. 

15 "The leach has two daughters:

'Give, give.'

"There are three things that are never satisfied;

Four that don't say, 'Enough:' 

16 She'ol, the barren womb;

The eretz that is not satisfied with water;

The fire that doesn't say, 'Enough;' 

17 And the eye that mocks at his father,

And scorns obedience to his mother:

The ravens of the valley shall pick it out,

The young eagles shall eat it. 

18 "There are three things which are too amazing for me,

Four which I don't understand: 

19 The way of an eagle in the air;

The way of a serpent on a rock;

The way of a ship in the midst of the sea;

And the way of a man with a maiden. 

20 So is the way of an adulterous woman:

She eats and wipes her mouth,

And says, 'I have done nothing wrong.' 

21 "For three things the eretz tremble,

And under four, it can't bear up: 

22 For a servant when he is king;

A fool when he is filled with food; 

23 For an unloved woman when she is married;

And a handmaid who is heir to her mistress.

24 "There are four things which are little on the eretz,

But they are exceeding wise: 

25 The ants are not a strong people,

Yet they provide their food in the summer; 

26 The conies are but a feeble folk,

Yet make they their houses in the rocks; 

27 The locusts have no king,

Yet they advance in ranks; 

28 You can catch a lizard with your hands,

Yet she is in kings' palaces. 

29 "There are three things which are stately in their march,

Four which are stately in going: 

30 The lion, which is mightiest among animals,

And doesn't turn away for any; 

31 The greyhound, the male goat also;

And the king against whom there is no rising up. 

32 "If you have done foolishly in lifting up yourself,

Or if you have thought evil,

Put your hand over your mouth. 

33 For as the churning of milk brings forth butter,

And the wringing of the nose brings forth blood;

So the forcing of wrath brings forth strife."



OLD TESTAMENT: GENESIS 39:1 - 41:16


39:1 Yosef was brought down to Mitzrayim. Potifar, an officer of Par`oh's, the captain of the guard, a Mitzrian, bought him from the hand of the Yishme`elim that had brought him down there. 2 The LORD was with Yosef, and he was a prosperous man. He was in the house of his master the Mitzrian. 3 His master saw that the LORD was with him, and that the LORD made all that he did prosper in his hand. 4 Yosef found favor in his sight. He ministered to him, and he made him overseer over his house, and all that he had he put into his hand. 5 It happened from the time that he made him overseer in his house, and over all that he had, that the LORD blessed the Mitzrian's house for Yosef's sake; and the blessing of the LORD was on all that he had, in the house and in the field. 6 He left all that he had in Yosef's hand. He didn't concern himself with anything, except for the food which he ate. Yosef was well-built and handsome. 7 It happened after these things, that his master's wife cast her eyes on Yosef; and she said, "Lie with me." 8 But he refused, and said to his master's wife, "Behold, my master doesn't know what is with me in the house, and he has put all that he has into my hand. 9 He isn't greater in this house than I, neither has he kept back anything from me but you, because you are his wife. How then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?" 10 It happened that as she spoke to Yosef day by day, that he didn't listen to her, to lie by her, or to be with her. 11 It happened about this time, that he went into the house to do his work, and there were none of the men of the house inside. 12 She caught him by his garment, saying, "Lie with me!" He left his garment in her hand, and ran outside. 13 It happened, when she saw that he had left his garment in her hand, and had run outside, 14 that she called to the men of her house, and spoke to them, saying, "Behold, he has brought in a Hebrew to us to mock us. He came in to me to lie with me, and I cried with a loud voice. 15 It happened, when he heard that I lifted up my voice and cried, that he left his garment by me, and ran outside." 16 She laid up his garment by her, until his master came home. 17 She spoke to him according to these words, saying, "The Hebrew servant, whom you have brought to us, came in to me to mock me, 18 and it happened, as I lifted up my voice and cried, that he left his garment by me, and ran outside." 19 It happened, when his master heard the words of his wife, which she spoke to him, saying, "This is what your servant did to me," that his wrath was kindled. 20 Yosef's master took him, and put him into the prison, the place where the king's prisoners were bound, and he was there in the custody. 21 But the LORD was with Yosef, and showed kindness to him, and gave him favor in the sight of the keeper of the prison. 22 The keeper of the prison committed to Yosef's hand all the prisoners who were in the prison. Whatever they did there, he was the doer of it. 23 The keeper of the prison didn't look after anything that was under his hand, because the LORD was with him; and that which he did, the LORD made it prosper.


40:1 It happened after these things, that the butler of the king of Mitzrayim and his baker offended their lord, the king of Mitzrayim. 2 Par`oh was angry against his two officers, against the chief of the butlers, and against the chief of the bakers. 3 He put them in custody in the house of the captain of the guard, into the prison, the place where Yosef was bound. 4 The captain of the guard assigned them to Yosef, and he took care of them. They stayed in prison many days. 5 They both dreamed a dream, each man his dream, in one night, each man according to the interpretation of his dream, the butler and the baker of the king of Mitzrayim, who were bound in the prison. 6 Yosef came in to them in the morning, and saw them, and, saw that they were sad. 7 He asked Par`oh's officers who were with him in custody in his master's house, saying, "Why do you look so sad today?" 8 They said to him, "We have dreamed a dream, and there is no one who can interpret it." Yosef said to them, "Don't interpretations belong to God? Please tell it to me."9 The chief butler told his dream to Yosef, and said to him, "In my dream, behold, a vine was in front of me, 10 and in the vine were three branches. It was as though it budded, its blossoms shot forth, and the clusters of it brought forth ripe grapes. 11 Par`oh's cup was in my hand; and I took the grapes, and pressed them into Par`oh's cup, and I gave the cup into Par`oh's hand." 12 Yosef said to him, "This is the interpretation of it: the three branches are three days. 13 Within three more days, Par`oh will lift up your head, and restore you to your office. You will give Par`oh's cup into his hand, the way you did when you were his butler. 14 But remember me when it will be well with you, and show kindness, please, to me, and make mention of me to Par`oh, and bring me out of this house. 15 For indeed, I was stolen away out of the land of the Hebrews, and here also have I done nothing that they should put me into the dungeon." 16 When the chief baker saw that the interpretation was good, he said to Yosef, "I also was in my dream, and, behold, three baskets of white bread were on my head. 17 In the uppermost basket there was of all kinds of baked food for Par`oh, and the birds ate them out of the basket on my head."18 Yosef answered, "This is the interpretation of it. The three baskets are three days. 19 Within three more days, Par`oh will lift up your head from off you, and will hang you on a tree; and the birds will eat your flesh from off you." 20 It happened the third day, which was Par`oh's birthday, that he made a feast for all his servants, and he lifted up the head of the chief butler and the head of the chief baker among his servants. 21 He restored the chief butler to his butlership again, and he gave the cup into Par`oh's hand; 22 but he hanged the chief baker, as Yosef had interpreted to them. 23 Yet the chief butler didn't remember Yosef, but forgot him.


41:1 It happened at the end of two full years, that Par`oh dreamed: and, behold, he stood by the river. 2 Behold, there came up out of the river seven cattle, well-favored and fat-fleshed, and they fed in the reed-grass. 3 Behold, seven other cattle came up after them out of the river, ill-favored and lean-fleshed, and stood by the other cattle on the brink of the river. 4 The ill-favored and lean-fleshed cattle ate up the seven well-favored and fat cattle. So Par`oh awoke. 5 He slept and dreamed a second time: and, behold, seven ears of grain came up on one stalk, rank and good. 6 Behold, seven ears, thin and blasted with the east wind, sprung up after them. 7 The thin ears swallowed up the seven rank and full ears. Par`oh awoke, and, behold, it was a dream. 8 It happened in the morning that his spirit was troubled, and he sent and called for all the magicians of Mitzrayim, and all the wise men of it. Par`oh told them his dream, but there was no one who could interpret them to Par`oh. 9 Then the chief butler spoke to Par`oh, saying, "I remember my faults today. 10 Par`oh was angry with his servants, and put me in custody in the house of the captain of the guard, me and the chief baker. 11 We dreamed a dream in one night, I and he. We dreamed each man according to the interpretation of his dream. 12 There was with us there a young man, a Hebrew, servant to the captain of the guard, and we told him, and he interpreted to us our dreams. To each man according to his dream he did interpret. 13 It happened, as he interpreted to us, so it was: me he restored to my office, and him he hanged." 14 Then Par`oh sent and called Yosef, and they brought him hastily out of the dungeon. He shaved himself, changed his clothing, and came in to Par`oh. 15 Par`oh said to Yosef, "I have dreamed a dream, and there is no one who can interpret it. I have heard it said of you, that when you hear a dream you can interpret it." 16 Yosef answered Par`oh, saying, "It isn't in me: God will give Par`oh an answer of shalom."



NEW TESTAMENT: MATTHEW 12:46 - 13:23


12:46 While he was yet speaking to the multitudes, behold, his mother and his brothers stood outside, seeking to speak to him. 47 One said to him, "Behold, your mother and your brothers stand outside, seeking to speak to you." 48 But he answered him who told him, "Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?" 49 He stretched forth his hand towards his talmidim, and said, "Behold, my mother and my brothers! 50 For whoever will do the will of my Father who is in heaven, he is my brother, and sister, and mother."


13:1 On that day Yeshua went out of the house, and sat by the seaside. 2 Great multitudes gathered to him, so that he entered into a boat, and sat, and all the multitude stood on the beach. 3 He spoke to them many things in parables, saying, "Behold, a farmer went forth to sow. 4 As he sowed, some seeds fell by the roadside, and the birds came and devoured them. 5 Others fell on rocky ground, where they didn't have much soil, and immediately they sprang up, because they had no depth of eretz. 6 When the sun had risen, they were scorched. Because they had no root, they withered away. 

7  Others fell on thorns. The thorns grew up and choked them: 8 and others fell on good soil, and yielded fruit: some one hundred times, some sixty, and some thirty. 9 He who has ears to hear, let him hear." 10 The talmidim came, and said to him, "Why do you speak to them in parables?" 11 He answered them, "To you it is given to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven, but it is not given to them. 12 For whoever has, to him will be given, and he will have abundance, but whoever doesn't have, from him will be taken away even that which he has. 13 Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they don't see, and hearing, they don't hear, neither do they understand. 14 In them the prophecy of Yesha`yahu is fulfilled, which says, 'By hearing you will hear, And will in no way understand; Seeing you will see, And will in no way perceive: 15 For this people's heart has grown callous, Their ears are dull of hearing, Their eyes they have closed; Or else perhaps they might perceive with their eyes, Hear with their ears, Understand with their heart, And should turn again; And I would heal them.' 16 "But blessed are your eyes, for they see; and your ears, for they hear. 17 For most assuredly I tell you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see the things which you see, and didn't see them; and to hear the things which you hear, and didn't hear them. 18 "Hear, then, the parable of the farmer. 19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and doesn't understand it, the evil one comes, and snatches away that which has been sown in his heart. This is what was sown by the roadside. 20 What was sown on the rocky places, this is he who hears the word, and immediately with joy receives it; 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures for a while. When oppression or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles. 22 What was sown among the thorns, this is he who hears the word, but the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful. 23 What was sown on the good ground, this is he who hears the word, and understands it, who most assuredly bears fruit, and brings forth, some one hundred times, some sixty, some thirty."


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment