Monday, February 27, 2023

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation – February 27 – Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 












FEBRUARY 27



PSALMS: 27, 57, 87, 117, 147


PROVERBS: 27


OLD TESTAMENT: 1 SAMUEL 24:1 - 25:44


NEW TESTAMENT: JOHN 10:22 - 42



Psalms 27


1 The LORD is my light and my salvation.

Whom shall I fear?

The LORD is the strength of my life.

Of whom shall I be afraid? 

2 When evil-doers came at me to eat up my flesh,

Even my adversaries and my foes, they stumbled and fell. 

3 Though a host should encamp against me,

My heart shall not fear.

Though war should rise against me,

Even then I will be confident. 

4 One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after,

That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,

To see the beauty of the LORD,

And to inquire in his temple. 

5 For in the day of trouble he will keep me secretly in his pavilion.

In the covert of his tent will he hide me.

He will lift me up on a rock. 

6 Now shall my head be lifted up above my enemies around me.

I will offer sacrifices of joy in his tent.

I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD. 

7 Hear, LORD, when I cry with my voice.

Have mercy also on me, and answer me. 

8 When you said, "Seek my face,"

My heart said to you,

"I will seek your face, LORD." 

9 Don't hide your face from me.

Don't put your servant away in anger.

You have been my help.

Don't abandon me, neither forsake me,

God of my salvation. 

10 When my father and my mother forsake me,

Then the LORD will take me up. 

11 Teach me your way, LORD.

Lead me in a straight path, because of my enemies.

12 Don't deliver me over to the desire of my adversaries,

For false witnesses have risen up against me,

Such as breathe out cruelty. 

13 I am still confident of this:

I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. 

14 Wait for the LORD.

Be strong, and let your heart take courage.

Yes, wait for the LORD.



PSALMS: 57


1 Be merciful to me, God, be merciful to me,

For my soul takes refuge in you.

Yes, in the shadow of your wings,

I will take refuge,

Until disaster has passed. 

2 I cry out to El `Elyon,

To God who accomplishes my requests for me. 

3 He will send from heaven, and save me,

He rebukes the one who is pursuing me.

Selah.

God will send out his loving kindness and his truth. 

4 My soul is among lions.

I lie among those who are set on fire,

Even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows,

And their tongue a sharp sword. 

5 Be exalted, God, above the heavens!

Let your glory be above all the eretz! 

6 They have prepared a net for my steps.

My soul is bowed down.

They dig a pit before me.

They fall into the midst of it themselves.

Selah. 

7 My heart is steadfast, God, my heart is steadfast.

I will sing, yes,

I will sing praises. 

8 Wake up, my glory!

Wake up, psaltery and harp!

I will wake up the dawn. 

9 I will give thanks to you, Lord, among the peoples.

I will sing praises to you among the nations. 

10 For your great loving kindness reaches to the heavens,

And your truth to the skies. 

11 Be exalted, God, above the heavens.

Let your glory be over all the eretz.



PSALMS: 87


1 His foundation is in the holy mountains. 

2 The LORD loves the gates of Tziyon More than all the dwellings of Ya`akov. 

3 Glorious things are spoken about you, city of God.

Selah. 

4 I will record Rachav and Bavel among those who acknowledge me.

Behold, Peleshet, Tzor, and also Kush:

"This one was born there." 

5 Yes, of Tziyon it will be said,

"This one and that one was born in her;"

The Elyon himself will establish her. 

6 The LORD will count, when he writes up the peoples,

"This one was born there."

Selah. 

7 Those who sing as well as those who dance say, "

All my springs are in you."



PSALMS: 117


1 Praise the LORD, all you nations!

Extol him, all you peoples! 

2 For his loving kindness is great toward us.

The LORD's faithfulness endures forever.

Praise the LORD!



PSALMS: 147


1 Praise the LORD,

For it is good to sing praises to our God;

For it is pleasant and fitting to praise him. 

2 The LORD builds up Yerushalayim.

He gathers together the outcasts of Yisra'el. 

3 He heals the broken in heart,

And binds up their wounds. 

4 He counts the number of the stars.

He calls them all by their names. 

5 Great is our Lord, and mighty in power.

His understanding is infinite. 

6 The LORD upholds the humble.

He brings the wicked down to the ground.

7  Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving.

Sing praises on the harp to our God, 

8 Who covers the sky with clouds,

Who prepares rain for the eretz,

Who makes grass grow on the mountains. 

9 He provides food for the cattle,

And for the young ravens when they call. 

10 He doesn't delight in the strength of the horse.

He takes no pleasure in the legs of a man. 

11 The LORD takes pleasure in those who fear him,

In those who hope in his loving kindness. 

12 Praise the LORD, Yerushalayim!

Praise your God, Tziyon! 

13 For he has strengthened the bars of your gates.

He has blessed your children within you. 

14He makes shalom in your borders.

He fills you with the finest of the wheat. 

15 He sends out his mitzvah on eretz.

His word runs very swiftly. 

16 He gives snow like wool,

And scatters frost like ashes.

17  He hurls down his hail like pebbles.

Who can stand before his cold? 

18 He sends out his word, and melts them.

He causes his wind to blow, and the waters flow. 

19 He shows his word to Ya`akov;

His statutes and his ordinances to Yisra'el. 

20 He has not done this for any nation;

They don't know his ordinances.

Praise the LORD!



PROVERBS: 27


1 Don't boast about tomorrow;

For you don't know what a day may bring forth. 

2 Let another man praise you,

And not your own mouth;

A stranger, and not your own lips. 

3 A stone is heavy, And sand is a burden;

But a fool's provocation is heavier than both. 

4 Wrath is cruel,

And anger is overwhelming;

But who is able to stand before jealousy? 

5 Better is open rebuke Than hidden love. 

6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend;

Although the kisses of an enemy are profuse.

7 A full soul loathes a honeycomb;

But to a hungry soul, every bitter thing is sweet. 

8 As a bird that wanders from her nest,

So is a man who wanders from his home. 

9 Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart;

So does earnest counsel from a man's friend. 

10 Don't forsake your friend and your father's friend.

Don't go to your brother's house in the day of your disaster:

Better is a neighbor who is near than a distant brother. 

11 Be wise, my son,

And bring joy to my heart,

Then I can answer my tormentor. 

12 A prudent man sees danger and takes refuge;

But the simple pass on, and suffer for it:

13 Take his garment when he puts up collateral for a stranger;

Hold it for a wayward woman! 

14 He who blesses his neighbor with a loud voice early in the morning,

It will be taken as a curse by him.

15 A continual dropping on a rainy day

And a contentious wife are alike: 

16 Restraining her is like restraining the wind,

Or like grasping oil in his right hand. 

17 Iron sharpens iron;

So a man sharpens his friend's countenance. 

18 Whoever tends the fig tree shall eat its fruit.

He who looks after his master shall be honored. 

19 As water reflects a face,

So a man's heart reflects the man. 

20 She'ol and Avaddon are never satisfied;

And a man's eyes are never satisfied.

21 The crucible is for silver,

And the furnace for gold;

But man is refined by his praise. 

22 Though you grind a fool in a mortar with a pestle along with grain,

Yet his foolishness will not be removed from him. 

23 Know well the state of your flocks,

And pay attention to your herds: 

24 For riches are not forever,

Nor does even the crown endure to all generations. 

25 The hay is removed, and the new growth appears,

The grasses of the hills are gathered in. 

26 The lambs are for your clothing,

And the goats are the price of a field. 

27 There will be plenty of goats' milk for your food,

For your family's food,

And for the nourishment of your servant girls.



OLD TESTAMENT: 1 SAMUEL 24:1 - 25:44


24:1 It happened, when Sha'ul was returned from following the Pelishtim, that it was told him, saying, Behold, David is in the wilderness of `En-Gedi. 2 Then Sha'ul took three thousand chosen men out of all Yisra'el, and went to seek David and his men on the rocks of the wild goats. 3 He came to the sheep pens by the way, where was a cave; and Sha'ul went in to cover his feet. Now David and his men were abiding in the innermost parts of the cave. 4 The men of David said to him, Behold, the day of which the LORD said to you, Behold, I will deliver your enemy into your hand, and you shall do to him as it shall seem good to you. Then David arose, and cut off the skirt of Sha'ul's robe secretly. 5 It happened afterward, that David's heart struck him, because he had cut off Sha'ul's skirt. 6 He said to his men, the LORD forbid that I should do this thing to my lord, the LORD's anointed, to put forth my hand against him, seeing he is the LORD's anointed. 7 So David checked his men with these words, and didn't allow them to rise against Sha'ul. Sha'ul rose up out of the cave, and went on his way. 8 David also arose afterward, and went out of the cave, and cried after Sha'ul, saying, My lord the king. When Sha'ul looked behind him, David bowed with his face to the eretz, and did obeisance. 9 David said to Sha'ul, Why listen you to men's words, saying, Behold, David seeks your hurt? 10 Behold, this day your eyes have seen how that the LORD had delivered you today into my hand in the cave: and some bade me kill you; but [my eye] spared you; and I said, I will not put forth my hand against my lord; for he is the LORD's anointed.11 Moreover, my father, behold, yes, see the skirt of your robe in my hand; for in that I cut off the skirt of your robe, and didn't kill you, know you and see that there is neither evil nor disobedience in my hand, and I have not sinned against you, though you hunt after my life to take it. 12 The LORD judge between me and you, and the LORD avenge me of you; but my hand shall not be on you. 13 As says the proverb of the ancients, Out of the wicked comes forth wickedness; but my hand shall not be on you. 14 After whom is the king of Yisra'el come out? after whom do you pursue? after a dead dog, after a flea. 15 The LORD therefore be judge, and give sentence between me and you, and see, and plead my cause, and deliver me out of your hand. 16 It came to pass, when David had made an end of speaking these words to Sha'ul, that Sha'ul said, Is this your voice, my son David? Sha'ul lifted up his voice, and wept. 17 He said to David, You are more righteous than I; for you have rendered to me good, whereas I have rendered to you evil. 18 You have declared this day how that you have dealt well with me, because when the LORD had delivered me up into your hand, you didn't kill me. 19 For if a man finds his enemy, will he let him go away unharmed? Therefore may the LORD reward you good for that which you have done to me this day. 20 Now, behold, I know that you shall surely be king, and that the kingdom of Yisra'el shall be established in your hand. 21 Swear now therefore to me by the LORD, that you will not cut off my seed after me, and that you will not destroy my name out of my father's house. 22 David swore to Sha'ul. Sha'ul went home; but David and his men got them up to the stronghold.


25:1 Shemu'el died; and all Yisra'el gathered themselves together, and lamented him, and buried him in his house at Ramah. David arose, and went down to the wilderness of Paran. 2 There was a man in Ma`on, whose possessions were in Karmel; and the man was very great, and he had three thousand sheep, and a thousand goats: and he was shearing his sheep in Karmel. 3 Now the name of the man was Naval; and the name of his wife Avigayil; and the woman was of good understanding, and of a beautiful face: but the man was churlish and evil in his doings; and he was of the house of Kalev. 4 David heard in the wilderness that Naval was shearing his sheep. 5 David sent ten young men, and David said to the young men, Go up to Karmel, and go to Naval, and greet him in my name: 6 and thus shall you tell him who lives [in prosperity], Shalom be to you, and shalom be to your house, and shalom be to all that you have. 7  Now I have heard that you have shearers: your shepherds have now been with us, and we did them no hurt, neither was there anything missing to them, all the while they were in Karmel. 8 Ask your young men, and they will tell you: therefore let the young men find favor in your eyes; for we come in a good day. Please give whatever comes to your hand, to your servants, and to your son David. 9 When David's young men came, they spoke to Naval according to all those words in the name of David, and ceased. 10 Naval answered David's servants, and said, Who is David? and who is the son of Yishai? there are many servants now-a-days who break away every man from his master. 11 Shall I then take my bread, and my water, and my meat that I have killed for my shearers, and give it to men who I don't know where they come from? 12 So David's young men turned on their way, and went back, and came and told him according to all these words. 13 David said to his men, Gird you on every man his sword. They girded on every man his sword; and David also girded on his sword: and there went up after David about four hundred men; and two hundred abode by the baggage. 14 But one of the young men told Avigayil, Naval's wife, saying, Behold, David sent messengers out of the wilderness to Greet our master; and he railed at them. 15 But the men were very good to us, and we were not hurt, neither missed we anything, as long as we went with them, when we were in the fields: 16 they were a wall to us both by night and by day, all the while we were with them keeping the sheep. 17 Now therefore know and consider what you will do; for evil is determined against our master, and against all his house: for he is such a worthless fellow that one can't speak to him. 18 Then Avigayil made haste, and took two hundred loaves, and two bottles of wine, and five sheep ready dressed, and five measures of parched grain, and one hundred clusters of raisins, and two hundred cakes of figs, and laid them on donkeys. 19 She said to her young men, Go on before me; behold, I come after you. But she didn't tell her husband, Naval. 20 It was so, as she rode on her donkey, and came down by the covert of the mountain, that behold, David and his men came down toward her; and she met them. 21 Now David had said, Surely in vain have I kept all that this fellow has in the wilderness, so that nothing was missed of all that pertained to him: and he has returned me evil for good. 22 God do so to the enemies of David, and more also, if I leave of all that belongs to him by the morning light so much as one man-child. 23 When Avigayil saw David, she hurried, and alighted from her donkey, and fell before David on her face, and bowed herself to the ground. 24 She fell at his feet, and said, On me, my lord, on me be the iniquity; and please let your handmaid speak in your ears. Hear the words of your handmaid. 25 Please don't let my lord regard this worthless fellow, even Naval; for as his name is, so is he; Naval is his name, and folly is with him: but I your handmaid didn't see the young men of my lord, whom you did send. 26 Now therefore, my lord, as the LORD lives, and as your soul lives, seeing the LORD has withheld you from blood guiltiness, and from avenging yourself with your own hand, now therefore let your enemies, and those who seek evil to my lord, be as Naval. 27 Now this present which your servant has brought to my lord, let it be given to the young men who follow my lord. 28 Please forgive the trespass of your handmaid: for the LORD will certainly make my lord a sure house, because my lord fights the battles of the LORD; and evil shall not be found in you all your days. 29 Though men be risen up to pursue you, and to seek your soul, yet the soul of my lord shall be bound in the bundle of life with the LORD your God; and the souls of your enemies, them shall he sling out, as from the hollow of a sling. 30 It shall come to pass, when the LORD shall have done to my lord according to all the good that he has spoken concerning you, and shall have appointed you prince over Yisra'el, 31 that this shall be no grief to you, nor offense of heart to my lord, either that you have shed blood without cause, or that my lord has avenged himself. When the LORD shall have dealt well with my lord, then remember your handmaid. 32 David said to Avigayil, Blessed be the LORD, the God of Yisra'el, who sent you this day to meet me: 33 and blessed be your discretion, and blessed be you, that have kept me this day from blood guiltiness, and from avenging myself with my own hand. 34 For in very deed, as the LORD, the God of Yisra'el, lives, who has withheld me from hurting you, except you had hurried and come to meet me, surely there wouldn't have been left to Naval by the morning light so much as one man-child. 35 So David received of her hand that which she had brought him: and he said to her, Go up in shalom to your house; behold, I have listened to your voice, and have accepted your person. 36 Avigayil came to Naval; and, behold, he held a feast in his house, like the feast of a king; and Naval's heart was merry within him, for he was very drunken: therefore she told him nothing, less or more, until the morning light. 37 It happened in the morning, when the wine was gone out of Naval, that his wife told him these things, and his heart died within him, and he became as a stone. 38 It happened about ten days after, that the LORD struck Naval, so that he died. 39 When David heard that Naval was dead, he said, Blessed be the LORD, who has pleaded the cause of my reproach from the hand of Naval, and has kept back his servant from evil: and the evil-doing of Naval has the LORD returned on his own head. David sent and spoke concerning Avigayil, to take her to him as wife. 40 When the servants of David were come to Avigayil to Karmel, they spoke to her, saying, David has sent us to you, to take you to him as wife. 41 She arose, and bowed herself with her face to the eretz, and said, Behold, your handmaid is a servant to wash the feet of the servants of my lord. 

42 Avigayil hurried, and arose, and rode on a donkey, with five ladies of hers who followed her; and she went after the messengers of David, and became his wife. 43 David also took Achino'am of Yizre`el; and they became both of them his wives. 44 Now Sha'ul had given Mikhal his daughter, David's wife, to Palti the son of Layish, who was of Gallim.



NEW TESTAMENT: JOHN 10:22 - 42


10:22 It was the Feast of Hanukkah at Yerushalayim. 

23 It was winter, and Yeshua was walking in the temple, in Shlomo's porch.

24 The Yehudim therefore came around him and said to him, "How long will you hold us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly." 

25 Yeshua answered them, "I told you, and you don't believe. The works that I do in my Father's name, these testify about me. 

26 But you don't believe, because you are not of my sheep, as I told you. 

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 

28 I give eternal life to them. They will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 

29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all. No one is able to snatch them out of my Father's hand. 

30 I and the Father are one." 

31 Therefore Yehudim took up stones again to stone him. 

32 Yeshua answered them, "I have shown you many good works from my Father. For which of those works do you stone me?" 

33 The Yehudim answered him, "We don't stone you for a good work, but for blasphemy: because you, being a man, make yourself God." 

34 Yeshua answered them, "Isn't it written in your law, 'I said, you are gods?' 

35 If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture can't be broken), 

36 Do you say of him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You blaspheme,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God?' 

37 If I don't do the works of my Father, don't believe me. 

38 But if I do them, though you don't believe me, believe the works; that you may know and believe that the Father is in me, and I in the Father." 

39 They sought again to seize him, and he went forth out of their hand. 

40 He went away again beyond the Yarden into the place where Yochanan was at the first immersing, and there he stayed. 

41 Many came to him. They said, "Yochanan indeed did no sign, but everything that Yochanan said about this man is true." 

42 Many believed in him there.


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment