Sunday, February 5, 2023

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation – February 5 – Daily Post – Tu Bishvat!

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 















FEBRUARY 5



PSALMS: 5, 35, 65, 95, 125


PROVERBS: 5


OLD TESTAMENT: JUDGES 7:1 - 8:17


NEW TESTAMENT: LUKE 23:13 - 43



PSALMS: 5


1 For the leader.

On wind instruments.

A psalm of David:

Give ear to my words,

ADONAI, consider my inmost thoughts. 

2 Listen to my cry for help,

my king and my God, for I pray to you. 

3 ADONAI, in the morning you will hear my voice;

in the morning I lay my needs before you and wait expectantly. 

4 For you are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness;

evil cannot remain with you. 

5 Those who brag cannot stand before your eyes,

you hate all who do evil, 

6 you destroy those who tell lies,

ADONAI detests men of blood and deceivers. 

7 But I can enter your house because of your great grace and love;

I will bow down toward your holy temple in reverence for you. 

8 Lead me, ADONAI, in your righteousness

because of those lying in wait for me;

make your way straight before me. 

9 For in their mouths there is nothing sincere,

within them are calamities, their throats are open tombs,

they flatter with their tongues. 

10 God, declare them guilty!

Let them fall through their own intrigues,

For their many crimes, throw them down;

since they have rebelled against you.

11 But let all who take refuge in you rejoice,

let them forever shout for joy!

Shelter them;

and they will be glad,

those who love your name.

12 For you, ADONAI, bless the righteous;

you surround them with favor like a shield.



PSALMS: 35


1 By David: ADONAI, oppose those who oppose me;

fight against those who fight against me. 

2 Grasp your shield and protective gear,

and rise to my defense. 

3 Brandish spear and battle-axe against my pursuers;

let me hear you say, "I am your salvation." 

4 May those who seek my life be disgraced and put to confusion;

may those who are plotting harm for me be repulsed and put to shame. 

5 May they be like chaff before the wind,

with the angel of ADONAI to drive them on. 

6 May their way be dark and slippery,

with the angel of ADONAI to pursue them. 

7 For unprovoked, they hid their net over a pit;

unprovoked, they dug it for me. 

8 May destruction come over him unawares.

May the net he concealed catch himself;

may he fall into it and be destroyed. 

9 Then I will be joyful in ADONAI,

I will rejoice in his salvation. 

10 All my bones will say, "Who is like you?

Who can rescue the weak from those stronger than they,

the poor and needy from those who exploit them?" 

11 Malicious witnesses come forward,

asking me things about which I know nothing. 

12 They repay me evil for good;

it makes me feel desolate as a parent bereaved. 

13 But I, when they were ill, wore sackcloth;

I put myself out and fasted;

I can pray that what I prayed for them might also happen to me. 

14 I behaved as I would for my friend or my brother;

I bent down in sorrow as if mourning my mother. 

15 But when I stumble, they gather in glee;

they gather against me and strike me unawares;

they tear me apart unceasingly. 

16 With ungodly mocking and grimacing,

they grind their teeth at me. 

17 Adonai, how much longer will you look on?

Rescue me from their assaults, save the one life I have from the lions! 

18 I will give you thanks in the great assembly,

I will give you praise among huge crowds of people.

19 Don't let those who are wrongfully my enemies gloat over me;

and those who hate me unprovoked -don't let them smirk at me. 

20 For they don't speak words of peace but devise ways

to deceive the peaceful of the land. 

21 They shout to accuse me,

"Aha! Aha! we saw you with our own eyes!" 

22 You saw them, ADONAI;

don't stay silent.

Adonai, don't stay far away from me. 

23 Wake up! Get up, my God, my Lord!

Defend me and my cause! 

24 Give judgment for me, ADONAI, my God,

as your righteousness demands.

Don't let them gloat over me. 

25 Don't let them say to themselves,

"Aha! We got what we wanted!"

or say, "We swallowed them up!" 

26 May those who gloat over my distress be disgraced and humiliated.

May those who aggrandize themselves at my expense be covered

with shame and confusion. 

27  But may those who delight in my righteousness

shout for joy and be glad!

Let them say always, "How great is ADONAI,

who delights in the peace of his servant!

"Then my tongue will tell of your righteousness

and praise you all day long.



PSALMS: 65


1 For the leader. A psalm of David.

A song: To you, God, in Tziyon, silence is praise;

and vows to you are to be fulfilled. 

2 You who listen to prayer,

to you all living creatures come. 

3 When deeds of wickedness overwhelm me,

you will atone for our crimes. 

4 How blessed are those you choose and bring near,

so that they can remain in your courtyards!

We will be satisfied with the goodness of your house,

the Holy Place of your temple. 

5 It is just that you answer us with awesome deeds,

God of our salvation, you in whom all put their trust,

to the ends of the earth and on distant seas. 

6 By your strength you set up the mountains.

You are clothed with power. 

7 You still the roaring of the seas,

their crashing waves, and the peoples' turmoil. 

8 This is why those living at the ends of the earth stand in awe of your signs.

The places where the sun rises and sets you cause to sing for joy. 

9 You care for the earth and water it, you enrich it greatly;

with the river of God, full of water,

you provide them grain and prepare the ground. 

10 Soaking its furrows and settling its soil,

you soften it with showers and bless its growth. 

11 You crown the year with your goodness,

your tracks overflow with richness. 

12The desert pastures drip water,

the hills are wrapped with joy, 

13 the meadows are clothed with flocks and the valleys blanketed with grain,

so they shout for joy and break into song.



PSALMS: 95


1 Come, let's sing to ADONAI!

Let's shout for joy to the Rock of our salvation! 

2 Let's come into his presence with thanksgiving;

let's shout for joy to him with songs of praise. 

3 For ADONAI is a great God,

a great king greater than all gods. 

4 He holds the depths of the earth in his hands;

the mountain peaks too belong to him. 

5 The sea is his - he made it -and

his hands shaped the dry land. 

6 Come, let's bow down and worship;

let's kneel before ADONAI who made us. 

7 For he is our God, and we are the people in his pasture, the sheep in his care.

If only today you would listen to his voice: 

8 "Don't harden your hearts, as you did at M'rivah,

as you did on that day at Massah in the desert, 

9 when your fathers put me to the test;

they challenged me, even though they saw my work. 

10 For forty years I loathed that generation;

I said, 'This is a people whose hearts go astray,

they don't understand how I do things.' 

11 Therefore I swore in my anger

that they would not enter my rest."



PSALMS: 125


1 A song of ascents:

Those who trust in ADONAI are like Mount Tziyon,

which cannot be moved but remains forever. 

2 Yerushalayim!

Mountains all around it!

Thus ADONAI is around his people henceforth and forever. 

3 For the scepter of wickedness will not rule the inheritance of the righteous,

so that the righteous will not themselves turn their hands to evil. 

4 Do good, ADONAI, to the good, to those upright in their hearts. 

5 But as for those who turn aside to their own crooked ways,

may ADONAI turn them away, along with those who do evil.

Shalom on Isra'el!



PROVERBS: 5


1 My son, pay attention to my wisdom;

incline your ear to my understanding; 

2 so that you will preserve discretion

and your lips keep watch over knowledge. 

3 For the lips of a woman who is a stranger drop honey,

her mouth is smoother than oil; 

4 but in the end she is as bitter as wormwood,

sharp as a double-edged sword.

5 Her feet go down to death, her steps lead straight to Sh'ol; 

6she doesn't walk the level path of life -her course wanders all over,

but she doesn't know it. 

7 So now, children, listen to me;

don't turn away from what I am saying: 

8 distance your way from her,

stay far from the door of her house; 

9 so that you won't give your vigor to others

and your years to someone who is cruel, 

10 so strangers won't be filled with your strength

and what you worked for go to a foreign house. 

11 Then, when your flesh and bones have shrunk,

at the end of your life, you would moan, 

12 "How I hated discipline!

My whole being despised reproof, 

13 I ignored what my teachers said,

I didn't listen to my instructors. 

14 I took part in almost every kind of evil,

and the whole community knew it." 

15 Drink the water from your own cistern,

fresh water from your own well. 

16 Let what your springs produce be dispersed outside,

streams of water flowing in the streets; 

17 but let them be for you alone

and not for strangers with you. 

18 Let your fountain, the wife of your youth, be blessed;

find joy in her 

19 a lovely deer, a graceful fawn;

let her breasts satisfy you at all times,

always be infatuated with her love. 

20 My son, why be infatuated with an unknown woman?

Why embrace the body of a loose woman? 

21 For ADONAI is watching a man's ways;

he surveys all his paths. 

22 A wicked person's own crimes will trap him,

he will be held fast by the ropes of his sin. 

23 He will die from lack of discipline;

the magnitude of his folly will make him totter and fall.



OLD TESTAMENT: JUDGES 7:1 - 8:17


7:1 Then Yerubba`al, who is Gid`on, and all the people who were with him, rose up early, and encamped beside the spring of Harod: and the camp of Midyan was on the north side of them, by the hill of Moreh, in the valley. 2 The LORD said to Gid`on, The people who are with you are too many for me to give the Midyanim into their hand, lest Yisra'el vaunt themselves against me, saying, My own hand has saved me. 3 Now therefore proclaim in the ears of the people, saying, Whoever is fearful and trembling, let him return and depart from Mount Gil`ad. There returned of the people twenty-two thousand; and there remained ten thousand. 4 The LORD said to Gid`on, The people are yet too many; bring them down to the water, and I will try them for you there: and it shall be, that of whom I tell you, This shall go with you, the same shall go with you; and of whoever I tell you, This shall not go with you, the same shall not go. 5 So he brought down the people to the water: and the LORD said to Gid`on, Everyone who laps of the water with his tongue, as a dog laps, him shall you set by himself; likewise everyone who bows down on his knees to drink. 6 The number of those who lapped, putting their hand to their mouth, was three hundred men: but all the rest of the people bowed down on their knees to drink water. 7  The LORD said to Gid`on, By the three hundred men who lapped will I save you, and deliver the Midyanim into your hand; and let all the people go every man to his place. 8 So the people took victuals in their hand, and their trumpets; and he sent all the men of Yisra'el every man to his tent, but retained the three hundred men: and the camp of Midyan was beneath him in the valley. 9 It happened the same night, that the LORD said to him, Arise, get you down into the camp; for I have delivered it into your hand. 10 But if you fear to go down, go you with Purah your servant down to the camp: 11 and you shall hear what they say; and afterward shall your hands be strengthened to go down into the camp. Then went he down with Purah his servant to the outermost part of the armed men who were in the camp. 12 The Midyanim and the `Amaleki and all the children of the east lay along in the valley like locusts for multitude; and their camels were without number, as the sand which is on the sea-shore for multitude. 13 When Gid`on had come, behold, there was a man telling a dream to his fellow; and he said, Behold, I dreamed a dream; and, behold, a cake of barley bread tumbled into the camp of Midyan, and came to the tent, and struck it so that it fell, and turned it upside down, so that the tent lay flat. 14 His fellow answered, This is nothing else save the sword of Gid`on the son of Yo'ash, a man of Yisra'el: into his hand God has delivered Midyan, and all the host. 15 It was so, when Gid`on heard the telling of the dream, and the interpretation of it, that he worshiped; and he returned into the camp of Yisra'el, and said, Arise; for the LORD has delivered into your hand the host of Midyan. 16 He divided the three hundred men into three companies, and he put into the hands of all of them trumpets, and empty pitchers, with torches within the pitchers.17 He said to them, Look on me, and do likewise: and, behold, when I come to the outermost part of the camp, it shall be that, as I do, so shall you do. 18 When I blow the shofar, I and all who are with me, then blow you the trumpets also on every side of all the camp, and say, For the LORD and for Gid`on. 

19 So Gid`on, and the hundred men who were with him, came to the outermost part of the camp in the beginning of the middle watch, when they had but newly set the watch: and they blew the trumpets, and broke in pieces the pitchers that were in their hands. 20 The three companies blew the trumpets, and broke the pitchers, and held the torches in their left hands, and the trumpets in their right hands with which to blow; and they cried, The sword of the LORD and of Gid`on. 21 They stood every man in his place round about the camp; and all the host ran; and they shouted, and put [them] to flight. 22 They blew the three hundred trumpets, and the LORD set every man's sword against his fellow, and against all the host; and the host fled as far as Beit-Hashitta toward Tzererah, as far as the border of Avel-Mecholah, by Tabbat. 23 The men of Yisra'el were gathered together out of Naftali, and out of Asher, and out of all Menashsheh, and pursued after Midyan. 24 Gid`on sent messengers throughout all the hill-country of Efrayim, saying, Come down against Midyan, and take before them the waters, as far as Beit-Barah, even the Yarden. So all the men of Efrayim were gathered together, and took the waters as far as Beit-Barah, even the Yarden. 25 They took the two princes of Midyan, `Orev and Ze'ev; and they killed `Orev at the rock of `Orev, and Ze'ev they killed at the winepress of Ze'ev, and pursued Midyan: and they brought the heads of `Orev and Ze'ev to Gid`on beyond the Yarden.


8:1 The men of Efrayim said to him, Why have you served us thus, that you didn't call us, when you went to fight with Midyan? They did chide with him sharply. 2 He said to them, What have I now done in comparison with you? Isn't the gleaning of the grapes of Efrayim better than the vintage of Avi-Ezer? 3 God has delivered into your hand the princes of Midyan, `Orev and Ze'ev: and what was I able to do in comparison with you? Then their anger was abated toward him, when he had said that. 4 Gid`on came to the Yarden, [and] passed over, he, and the three hundred men who were with him, faint, yet pursuing. 5 He said to the men of Sukkot, Please give loaves of bread to the people who follow me; for they are faint, and I am pursuing after Zevach and Tzalmunnah, the kings of Midyan. 6 The princes of Sukkot said, Are the hands of Zevach and Tzalmunnah now in your hand, that we should give bread to your army? 7 Gid`on said, Therefore when the LORD has delivered Zevach and Tzalmunnah into my hand, then I will tear your flesh with the thorns of the wilderness and with briers. 8 He went up there to Penu'el, and spoke to them in like manner; and the men of Penu'el answered him as the men of Sukkot had answered. 9 He spoke also to the men of Penu'el, saying, When I come again in shalom, I will break down this tower. 10 Now Zevach and Tzalmunnah were in Karkor, and their hosts with them, about fifteen thousand men, all who were left of all the host of the children of the east; for there fell one hundred twenty thousand men who drew sword. 11 Gid`on went up by the way of those who lived in tents on the east of Novach and Yogbehah, and struck the host; for the host was secure. 12 Zevach and Tzalmunnah fled; and he pursued after them; and he took the two kings of Midyan, Zevach and Tzalmunnah, and confused all the host. 13 Gid`on the son of Yo'ash returned from the battle from the ascent of Heres. 14 He caught a young man of the men of Sukkot, and inquired of him: and he described for him the princes of Sukkot, and the Zakenim of it, seventy-seven men. 15 He came to the men of Sukkot, and said, See Zevach and Tzalmunnah, concerning whom you did taunt me, saying, Are the hands of Zevach and Tzalmunnah now in your hand, that we should give bread to your men who are weary? 16 He took the Zakenim of the city, and thorns of the wilderness and briers, and with them he taught the men of Sukkot. 17 He broke down the tower of Penu'el, and killed the men of the city.



NEW TESTAMENT: LUKE 23:13 - 43


23:13 Pilate called together the chief Kohanim and the rulers and the people, 

14 and said to them, "You brought this man to me as one that perverts the people, and see, I have examined him before you, and found no basis for a charge against this man concerning those things of which you accuse him 

15 Neither has Herod, for I sent you to him, and see, nothing worthy of death has been done by him. 

16 I will therefore chastise him and release him." 

17 Now he had to release one prisoner to them at the feast. 

18 But they all cried out together, saying, "Away with this man! Release to us Bar-Abba!" --

19 one who was thrown into prison for a certain revolt in the city, and for murder 

20 Then Pilate spoke to them again, desiring to release Yeshua, 

21 but they shouted, saying, "Crucify! Crucify him!

22 He said to them the third time, "Why? What evil has this man done? I have found no capital crime in him. I will therefore chastise him and release him." 

23 But they were urgent with loud voices, asking that he might be crucified. Their voices and the voices of the chief Kohanim prevailed. 

24 Pilate adjudged that what they asked for should be done. 

25 He released him who had been thrown into prison for insurrection and murder, for whom they asked, but he delivered Yeshua up to their will. 

26 When they led him away, they grabbed one Shim`on of Cyrene, coming from the country, and laid on him the cross, to carry it after Yeshua. 

27 A great multitude of the people followed him, including women who also mourned and lamented him. 

28 But Yeshua, turning to them, said, "Daughters of Yerushalayim, don't weep for me, but weep for yourselves and for your children. 

29 For behold, the days are coming in which they will say, 'Blessed are the barren, the wombs that never bore, and the breasts that never nursed.' 

30 Then they will begin to tell the mountains, 'Fall on us!' and to the hills, 'Cover us.' 

31 For if they do these things in the green tree, what will be done in the dry?" 

32 There were also others, two criminals, led with him to be put to death.

33 When they came to the place that is called The Skull, they crucified him there with the criminals, one on the right and the other on the left. 

34 Yeshua said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't know what they are doing." Dividing his garments among them, they cast lots. 

35 The people stood watching. The rulers with them also scoffed at him, saying, "He saved others. Let him save himself, if this is the Messiah of God, his chosen one!" 

36 The soldiers also mocked him, coming to him and offering him vinegar 

37 and saying, "If you are the King of the Yehudim, save yourself!" 

38 An inscription was also written over him in letters of Yevanit, Latin, and Hebrew: "THIS IS THE KING OF THE YEHUDIM. 

39 One of the criminals who was hanged insulted him, saying, "If you are the Messiah, save yourself and us!" 

40 But the other answered, and rebuking him said, "Don't you even fear God, seeing you are in the same condemnation?

41 And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward for our deeds, but this man has done nothing wrong." 

42 He said to Yeshua, "Lord, remember me when you come into your kingdom."

43 Yeshua said to him, "Assuredly I tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise."


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment