Tuesday, February 21, 2023

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation – February 21 – Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 












FEBRUARY 21



PSALMS: 21, 51, 81, 111, 141


PROVERBS: 21


OLD TESTAMENT: 1 SAMUEL 14:1 - 52


NEW TESTAMENT: JOHN 7:31 - 53



PSALMS: 21


1 The king rejoices in your strength, LORD!

How greatly he rejoices in your yeshu`ah! 

2 You have given him his heart's desire,

And have not withheld the request of his lips.

Selah. 

3 For you meet him with the blessings of goodness;

You set a crown of fine gold on his head. 

4 He asked life of you, you gave it to him,

Even length of days forever and ever. 

5 His glory is great in your salvation.

You lay honor and majesty on him. 

6 For you make him most blessed forever.

You make him glad with joy in your presence. 

7 For the king trusts in the LORD.

Through the loving kindness of Ha`Elyon,

he shall not be moved. 

8 Your hand will find out all of your enemies.

Your right hand will find out those who hate you. 

9 You will make them as a fiery furnace in the time of your anger.

The LORD will swallow them up in his wrath.

The fire shall devour them. 

10 You will destroy their descendants from the eretz,

Their posterity from among the children of men. 

11 For they intended evil against you.

They plotted evil against you which cannot succeed. 

12 For you will make them turn their back,

When you aim drawn bows at their face. 

13 Be exalted, LORD, in your strength,

So we will sing and praise your power.



PSALMS: 51


1 Have mercy on me, God, according to your loving kindness.

According to the multitude of your tender mercies, blot out my transgressions. 

2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity.

Cleanse me from my sin. 

3 For I know my transgressions.

My sin is constantly before me. 

4 Against you, and you only, have I sinned,

And done that which is evil in your sight;

That you may be proved right when you speak,

And justified when you judge. 

5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity.

In sin did my mother conceive me. 

6 Behold, you desire truth in the inward parts.

You teach me wisdom in the inmost place.

7 Purify me with hyssop, and I will be clean.

Wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. 

8 Let me hear joy and gladness,

That the bones which you have broken may rejoice. 

9 Hide your face from my sins,

And blot out all of my iniquities. 

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God.

Renew a right spirit within me. 

11 Don't throw me from your presence,

And don't take your holy Spirit from me. 

12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation.

Uphold me with a willing spirit. 

13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways.

Sinners shall be converted to you.

14 Deliver me from blood guiltiness,

O God, the God of my salvation.

My tongue shall sing aloud of your righteousness. 

15 Lord, open my lips.

My mouth shall declare your praise. 

16 For you don't delight in sacrifice, or else I would give it.

You have no pleasure in burnt offering. 

17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit.

A broken and contrite heart,

O God, you will not despise. 

18 Do well in your good pleasure to Tziyon.

Build the walls of Yerushalayim. 

19 Then will you delight in the sacrifices of righteousness,

In burnt offerings and in whole burnt offerings.

Then they will offer bulls on your altar.



PSALMS: 81


1 Sing aloud to God, our strength!

Make a joyful noise to the God of Ya`akov! 

2 Raise a song, and bring here the tambourine,

The pleasant lyre with the harp. 

3 Blow the shofar at the New Moon,

At the full moon, on our feast day. 

4 For it is a statute for Yisra'el,

An ordinance of the God of Ya`akov. 

5 He appointed it in Yosef for a testimony,

When he went out over the land of Mitzrayim,

I heard a language that I didn't know. 

6 "I removed his shoulder from the burden.

His hands were freed from the basket. 

7 You called in trouble, and I delivered you.

I answered you in the secret place of thunder.

I tested you at the waters of Merivah."

Selah. 

8 "Hear, my people, and I will testify to you.

Yisra'el, if you would listen to me! 

9 There shall be no strange god in you,

Neither shall you worship any foreign god. 

10 I am the LORD, your God,

Who brought you up out of the land of Mitzrayim.

Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it. 

11 But my people didn't listen to my voice.

Yisra'el desired none of me.

12 So I let them go after the stubbornness of their hearts,

That they might walk in their own counsels. 

13 Oh that my people would listen to me,

That Yisra'el would walk in my ways! 

14 I would soon subdue their enemies,

And turn my hand against their adversaries. 

15 The haters of the LORD would cringe before him,

And their punishment would last forever. 

16 But he would have also fed them with the finest of the wheat.

I will satisfy you with honey out of the rock."



PSALMS: 111


1 Praise the LORD!

I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart,

In the council of the upright, and in the congregation. 

2 The works of the LORD are great,

Pondered by all those who delight in them. 

3 His work is honor and majesty.

His righteousness endures forever. 

4 He has caused his wonderful works to be remembered.

The LORD is gracious and merciful. 

5 He has given food to those who fear him.

He always remembers his covenant. 

6 He has shown his people the power of his works,

In giving them the heritage of the nations. 

7 The works of his hands are truth and justice.

All his precepts are sure. 

8 They are established forever and ever.

They are done in truth and uprightness. 

9 He has sent redemption to his people.

He has ordained his covenant forever.

His name is holy and awesome! 

10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom.

All those who do his work have a good understanding.

His praise endures forever!



PSALMS: 141


1 LORD, I have called on you. Come to me quickly!

Listen to my voice when I call to you. 

2 Let my prayer be set before you like incense; ‘

The lifting up of my hands like the evening sacrifice. 

3 Set a watch, LORD, before my mouth.

Keep the door of my lips. 

4 Don't incline my heart to any evil thing, ‘

To practice deeds of wickedness with men who work iniquity.

Don't let me eat of their delicacies. 

5 Let the righteous strike me, it is kindness;

Let him reprove me, it is like oil on the head;

Don't let my head refuse it;

Yet my prayer is always against evil deeds. 

6 Their judges are thrown down by the sides of the rock.

They will hear my words, for they are well spoken. 

7 "As when one plows and breaks up the eretz,

Our bones are scattered at the mouth of She'ol." 

8 For my eyes are on you, LORD, the Lord.
In you, I take refuge. Don't leave my soul destitute. 

9 Keep me from the snare which they have laid for me,

From the traps of the workers of iniquity. 

10 Let the wicked fall together into their own nets,

While I pass by.



PROVERBS: 21


1 The king's heart is in the LORD's hand like the watercourses.

He turns it wherever he desires. 

2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes,

But the LORD weighs the hearts. 

3 To do righteousness and justice

Is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice. 

4 A high look, and a proud heart,

The lamp of the wicked, is sin. 

5 The plans of the diligent surely lead to profit;

And everyone who is hasty surely rushes to poverty. 

6 Getting treasures by a lying tongue

Is a fleeting vapor for those who seek death. 

7 The violence of the wicked will drive them away,

Because they refuse to do what is right. 

8 The way of the guilty is devious,

But the conduct of the innocent is upright. 

9 It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop,

Than to share a house with a contentious woman. 

10 The soul of the wicked desires evil;

His neighbor finds no mercy in his eyes. 

11 When the mocker is punished, the simple gains wisdom;

When the wise is instructed, he receives knowledge. 

12 The Righteous One considers the house of the wicked,

And brings the wicked to ruin. 

13 Whoever stops his ears at the cry of the poor,

He will also cry out, but shall not be heard.

14 A gift in secret pacifies anger;

And a bribe in the cloak, strong wrath. 

15 It is joy to the righteous to do justice;

But it is a destruction to the workers of iniquity. 

16 The man who wanders out of the way of understanding

Shall rest in the assembly of the dead. 

17  He who loves pleasure shall be a poor man:

He who loves wine and oil shall not be rich. 

18 The wicked is a ransom for the righteous;

The treacherous for the upright. 

19 It is better to dwell in a desert land,

Than with a contentious and fretful woman. 

20 There is precious treasure and oil in the dwelling of the wise;

But a foolish man swallows it up. 

21 He who follows after righteousness and kindness

Finds life, righteousness, and honor. 

22 A wise man scales the city of the mighty,

And brings down the strength of its confidence. 

23Whoever guards his mouth and his tongue

Keeps his soul from troubles. 

24 The proud and haughty man, "scoffer" is his name;

He works in the arrogance of pride. 

25 The desire of the sluggard kills him,

For his hands refuse to labor. 

26 There are those who covet greedily all the day long;

But the righteous gives and doesn't withhold.

27 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination:

How much more, when he brings it with a wicked mind! 

28 A false witness will perish,

And a man who listens speaks to eternity. 

29 A wicked man hardens his face;

But as for the upright, he establishes his ways. 

30 There is no wisdom nor understanding

Nor counsel against the LORD. 

31 The horse is prepared for the day of battle;

But victory is with the LORD.



OLD TESTAMENT: 1 SAMUEL 14:1 - 52


14:1 Now it fell on a day, that Yonatan the son of Sha'ul said to the young man who bore his armor, Come, and let us go over to the Pelishtim' garrison, that is on yonder side. But he didn't tell his father.

2 Sha'ul abode in the uttermost part of Gevah under the pomegranate tree which is in Migron: and the people who were with him were about six hundred men; 

3 and Achiyah, the son of Achituv, Ikhavod's brother, the son of Pinechas, the son of `Eli, the Kohen of the LORD in Shiloh, wearing an efod. The people didn't know that Yonatan was gone. 

4 Between the passes, by which Yonatan sought to go over to the Pelishtim' garrison, there was a rocky crag on the one side, and a rocky crag on the other side: and the name of the one was Botzetz, and the name of the other Senneh. 

5 The one crag rose up on the north in front of Mikhmash, and the other on the south in front of Geva. 

6 Yonatan said to the young man who bore his armor, Come, and let us go over to the garrison of these uncircumcised: it may be that the LORD will work for us; for there is no restraint to the LORD to save by many or by few. 

7 His armor bearer said to him, Do all that is in your heart: turn you, behold, I am with you according to your heart. 

8 Then said Yonatan, Behold, we will pass over to the men, and we will disclose ourselves to them. 

9 If they say thus to us, Wait until we come to you; then we will stand still in our place, and will not go up to them. 

10 But if they say thus, Come up to us; then we will go up; for the LORD has delivered them into our hand: and this shall be the sign to us. 

11 Both of them disclosed themselves to the garrison of the Pelishtim: and the Pelishtim said, Behold, the Hebrews come forth out of the holes where they had hid themselves. 

12 The men of the garrison answered Yonatan and his armor bearer, and said, Come up to us, and we will show you a thing. Yonatan said to his armor bearer, Come up after me; for the LORD has delivered them into the hand of Yisra'el. 

13 Yonatan climbed up on his hands and on his feet, and his armor bearer after him: and they fell before Yonatan; and his armor bearer killed them after him. 

14 That first slaughter, which Yonatan and his armor bearer made, was about twenty men, within as it were half a furrow's length in an acre of land. 

15 There was a trembling in the camp, in the field, and among all the people; the garrison, and the spoilers, they also trembled; and the eretz quaked: so there was an exceeding great trembling. 

16 The watchmen of Sha'ul in Gevah of Binyamin looked; and, behold, the multitude melted away, and they went [here] and there. 

17 Then said Sha'ul to the people who were with him, Number now, and see who is gone from us. When they had numbered, behold, Yonatan and his armor bearer were not there. 

18 Sha'ul said to Achiyah, Bring here the ark of God. For the ark of God was [there] at that time with the children of Yisra'el. 

19 It happened, while Sha'ul talked to the Kohen, that the tumult that was in the camp of the Pelishtim went on and increased: and Sha'ul said to the Kohen, Withdraw your hand. 

20 Sha'ul and all the people who were with him were gathered together, and came to the battle: and, behold, every man's sword was against his fellow, [and there was] a very great confusion. 

21 Now the Hebrews who were with the Pelishtim as before, and who went up with them into the camp, [from the country] round about, even they also [turned] to be with the Yisra'elites who were with Sha'ul and Yonatan. 

22 Likewise all the men of Yisra'el who had hid themselves in the hill-country of Efrayim, when they heard that the Pelishtim fled, even they also followed hard after them in the battle. 

23 So the LORD saved Yisra'el that day: and the battle passed over by Beit-Aven. 

24 The men of Yisra'el were distressed that day; for Sha'ul had adjured the people, saying, Cursed be the man who eats any food until it be evening, and I be avenged on my enemies. So none of the people tasted food. 

25 All the people came into the forest; and there was honey on the ground. 

26 When the people were come to the forest, behold, the honey dropped: but no man put his hand to his mouth; for the people feared the oath. 

27 But Yonatan didn't hear when his father charged the people with the oath: therefore he put forth the end of the rod who was in his hand, and dipped it in the honeycomb, and put his hand to his mouth; and his eyes were enlightened. 

28 Then answered one of the people, and said, Your father directly charged the people with an oath, saying, Cursed be the man who eats food this day. The people were faint. 

29 Then said Yonatan, My father has troubled the land. Please look how my eyes have been enlightened, because I tasted a little of this honey. 

30 How much more, if haply the people had eaten freely today of the spoil of their enemies which they found? for now has there been no great slaughter among the Pelishtim. 

31 They struck of the Pelishtim that day from Mikhmash to Ayalon. The people were very faint; 

32 and the people flew on the spoil, and took sheep, and oxen, and calves, and killed them on the ground; and the people ate them with the blood. 

33 Then they told Sha'ul, saying, Behold, the people sin against the LORD, in that they eat with the blood. He said, you have dealt treacherously: roll a great stone to me this day. 

34 Sha'ul said, Disperse yourselves among the people, and tell them, Bring me here every man his ox, and every man his sheep, and kill them here, and eat; and don't sin against the LORD in eating with the blood. All the people brought every man his ox with him that night, and killed them there. 

35 Sha'ul built an altar to the LORD: the same was the first altar that he built to the LORD.

36 Sha'ul said, Let us go down after the Pelishtim by night, and take spoil among them until the morning light, and let us not leave a man of them. They said, Do whatever seems good to you. Then said the Kohen, Let us draw near here to God. 

37 Sha'ul asked counsel of God, Shall I go down after the Pelishtim? will you deliver them into the hand of Yisra'el? But he didn't answer him that day. 

38 Sha'ul said, Draw near here, all you chiefs of the people; and know and see in which this sin has been this day. 

39 For, as the LORD lives, who saves Yisra'el, though it be in Yonatan my son, he shall surely die. But there was not a man among all the people who answered him. 

40Then said he to all Yisra'el, Be you on one side, and I and Yonatan my son will be on the other side. The people said to Sha'ul, Do what seems good to you. 

41 Therefore Sha'ul said to the LORD, the God of Yisra'el, Show the right. Yonatan and Sha'ul were taken [by lot]; but the people escaped. 

42 Sha'ul said, Cast [lots] between me and Yonatan my son. Yonatan was taken. 

43 Then Sha'ul said to Yonatan, Tell me what you have done. Yonatan told him, and said, I did certainly taste a little honey with the end of the rod that was in my hand; and, behold, I must die. 

44 Sha'ul said, God do so and more also; for you shall surely die, Yonatan. 

45 The people said to Sha'ul, Shall Yonatan die, who has worked this great salvation in Yisra'el? Far from it: as the LORD lives, there shall not one hair of his head fall to the ground; for he has worked with God this day. So the people rescued Yonatan, that he didn't die. 

46 Then Sha'ul went up from following the Pelishtim; and the Pelishtim went to their own place.

47 Now when Sha'ul had taken the kingdom over Yisra'el, he fought against all his enemies on every side, against Mo'av, and against the children of `Ammon, and against Edom, and against the kings of Tzovah, and against the Pelishtim: and wherever he turned himself, he put [them] to the worse. 

48 He did valiantly, and struck the `Amaleki, and delivered Yisra'el out of the hands of those who despoiled them. 

49 Now the sons of Sha'ul were Yonatan, and Yishvi, and Malki-Shua; and the names of his two daughters were these: the name of the firstborn Merav, and the name of the younger Mikhal: 

50 and the name of Sha'ul's wife was Achino'am the daughter of Achima`atz. The name of the captain of his host was Aviner the son of Ner, Sha'ul's uncle. 

51 Kish was the father of Sha'ul; and Ner the father of Aviner was the son of Aviel. 

52 There was sore war against the Pelishtim all the days of Sha'ul: and when Sha'ul saw any mighty man, or any valiant man, he took him to him.



NEW TESTAMENT: JOHN 7:31 - 53


7:31 But of the multitude, many believed in him. They said, "When the Messiah comes, will he do more signs than those which this man has done?" 

32 The Perushim heard the multitude murmuring these things concerning him, and the chief Kohanim and the Perushim sent officers to arrest him. 

33 Then Yeshua said, "Yet a little while, am I with you, then I go to him who sent me. 

34 You will seek me, and won't find me; and where I am, you can't come." 

35 The Yehudim therefore said among themselves, "Where will this man go that we won't find him? Will he go to the Diaspora among the Yevanim, and teach the Yevanim? 

36 What is this word that he said, 'You will seek me, and won't find me; and where I am, you can't come?'" 

37 Now on the last and greatest day of the feast, Yeshua stood and cried out, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink! 

38 He who believes in me, as the Scripture has said, from within him will flow rivers of living water." 

39 But he said this about the Spirit, which those believing in him were to receive. For the Ruach HaKodesh was not yet given, because Yeshua wasn't yet glorified. 

40 Many of the multitude therefore, when they heard these words, said, "This is truly the prophet." 

41 Others said, "This is the Messiah." But some said, "What, does the Messiah come out of the Galil? 

42 Hasn't the Scripture said that the Messiah comes of the seed of David, and from Beit-Lechem, the village where David was?" 

43 So there arose a division in the multitude because of him. 

44 Some of them would have arrested him, but no one laid hands on him. 

45 The officers therefore came to the chief Kohanim and Perushim, and they said to them, "Why didn't you bring him?" 

46 The officers answered, "No man ever spoke like this man!" 

47 The Perushim therefore answered them, "Are you also led astray? 

48 Have any of the rulers believed in him, or of the Perushim? 

49 But this multitude that doesn't know the law is accursed." 

50 Nakdimon (he who came to him by night, being one of them) said to them, 

51 "Does our law judge a man, unless it first hears from him personally and knows what he does?" 

52 They answered him, "Are you also from the Galil? Search, and see that no prophet has arisen out of the Galil." 

53 Everyone went to his own house,


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment