Thursday, March 3, 2022

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation – March 3 – Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 












MARCH 3



PSALMS: 3, 33, 63, 93, 123


PROVERBS: 3


OLD TESTAMENT: 2 SAMUEL 2:12 - 3:39


NEW TESTAMENT: JOHN 13:1 - 30



PSALMS: 3


1 A psalm of David, when he fled from Avshalom his son:

ADONAI, how many enemies I have!

How countless are those attacking me; 

2 how countless those who say of me,

"There is no salvation for him in God." (Selah) 

3 But you, ADONAI, are a shield for me;

you are my glory, you lift my head high. 

4 With my voice I call out to ADONAI,

and he answers me from his holy hill. (Selah) 

5 I lie down and sleep, then wake up again,

because ADONAI sustains me. 

6 I am not afraid of the tens of thousands

set against me on every side. 

7 Rise up, ADONAI! Save me, my God!

For you slap all my enemies in the face,

you smash the teeth of the wicked. 

8 Victory comes from ADONAI;

may your blessing rest on your people. (Selah)



PSALMS: 33


1 Rejoice in ADONAI, you righteous!

Praise is well-suited to the upright. 

2 Give thanks to ADONAI with the lyre,

sing praises to him with a ten-stringed harp. 

3 Sing to him a new song,

make music at your best among shouts of joy. 

4 For the word of ADONAI is true,

and all his work is trustworthy. 

5 He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the grace of ADONAI. 

6 By the word of ADONAI the heavens were made,

and their whole host by a breath from his mouth. 

7 He collects the sea waters together in a heap;

he puts the deeps in storehouses. 

8 Let all the earth fear ADONAI!

Let all living in the world stand in awe of him. 

9 For he spoke, and there it was;

he commanded, and there it stood. 

10 ADONAI brings to nothing the plans of nations,

he foils the plans of the peoples. 

11 But the counsel of ADONAI stands forever,

his heart's plans are for all generations. 

12 How blessed is the nation whose God is ADONAI,

the people he chose as his heritage! 

13 ADONAI looks out from heaven;

he sees every human being; 

14 from the place where he lives he

watches everyone living on earth, 

15 he who fashioned the hearts of them

all and understands all they do. 

16 A king is not saved by the size of his army,

a strong man not delivered by his great strength. 

17 To rely on a horse for safety is vain,

nor does its great power assure escape. 

18 But ADONAI's eyes watch over those who fear him,

over those who wait for his grace 

19 to rescue them from death

and keep them alive in famine. 

20 We are waiting for ADONAI;

he is our help and shield. 

21 For in him our hearts rejoice,

because we trust in his holy name. 

22 May your mercy, ADONAI, be over us,

because we put our hope in you.



PSALMS: 63


1 A psalm of David, when he was in the desert of Y'hudah:

O God, you are my God; I will seek you eagerly.

My heart thirsts for you,

my body longs for you in a land parched and exhausted,

where no water can be found. 

2 I used to contemplate you in the sanctuary,

seeing your power and glory; 

3 for your grace is better than life.

My lips will worship you. 

4 Yes, I will bless you as long as I live;

in your name I will lift up my hands. 

5 I am as satisfied as with rich food;

my mouth praises you with joy on my lips 

6 when I remember you on my bed

and meditate on you in the night watches. 

7 For you have been my help;

in the shadow of your wings I rejoice; 

8 my heart clings to you;

your right hand supports me. 

9 But those who seek to destroy my life -may

they go to the lowest parts of the earth. 

10 May they be given over to the power of the sword;

may they become prey for jackals. 

11 But the king will rejoice in God.

Everyone who swears by him will exult,

for the mouths of liars will be silenced.



PSALMS: 93


1 ADONAI is king, robed in majesty;

ADONAI is robed, girded with strength;

The world is well established; it cannot be moved. 

2 Your throne was established long ago;

you have existed forever. 

3ADONAI, the deep is raising up, the deep is raising up

its voice, the deep is raising its crashing waves. 

4 More than the sound of rushing waters or the mighty breakers of the sea,

ADONAI on high is mighty.

5 Your instructions are very sure;

holiness befits your house, ADONAI, for all time to come.



PSALMS: 123


1 A song of ascents:

I raise my eyes to you, whose throne is in heaven. 

2 As a servant looks to the hand of his master,

or a slave-girl to the hand of her mistress,

so our eyes turn to ADONAI our God,

until he has mercy on us. 

3 Have mercy on us, ADONAI, have mercy;

for we have had our fill of contempt, 

4 more than our fill of scorn from the complacent

and contempt from the arrogant.



PROVERBS: 3


1 My son, don't forget my teaching,

keep my commands in your heart; 

2 for they will add to you many days,

years of life and peace.

3 Do not let grace and truth leave you -bind them around your neck;

write them on the tablet of your heart. 

4 Then you will win favor and esteem

in the sight of God and of people. 

5 Trust in ADONAI with all your heart;

do not rely on your own understanding. 

6 In all your ways acknowledge him;

then he will level your paths. 

7 Don't be conceited about your own wisdom;

but fear ADONAI, and turn from evil. 

8 This will bring health to your body

and give strength to your bones. 

9 Honor ADONAI with your wealth

and with the firstfruits of all your income. 

10 Then your granaries will be filled

and your vats overflow with new wine. 

11 My son, don't despise ADONAI's discipline

or resent his reproof; 

12 for ADONAI corrects those he loves

like a father who delights in his son. 

13 Happy the person who finds wisdom,

the person who acquires understanding; 

14 for her profit exceeds that of silver,

gaining her is better than gold, 

15 she is more precious than pearls -nothing

you want can compare with her.

16 Long life is in her right hand,

riches and honor in her left. 

17Her ways are pleasant ways,

and all her paths are peace. 

18 She is a tree of life to those who grasp her;

whoever holds fast to her will be made happy. 

19 ADONAI by wisdom founded the earth,

by understanding he established the heavens, 

20 by his knowledge the deep [springs] burst open

and the dew condenses from the sky. 

21My son, don't let these slip from your sight;

preserve common sense and discretion; 

22 they will be life for your being

and grace for your neck. 

23 Then you will walk your way securely,

without hurting your foot. 

24 When you lie down, you will not be afraid;

when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. 

25 Don't be afraid of sudden terror or destruction caused by the wicked,

when it comes; 

26 for you can rely on ADONAI;

he will keep your foot

from being caught in a trap.

27 Don't withhold good from someone entitled to it when

you have in hand the power to do it. 

28 Don't tell your neighbor, "Go away! Come another time;

I'll give it to you tomorrow," when you have it now.

29 Don't plan harm against your neighbor who lives beside you trustingly. 

30 Don't quarrel with someone for no reason, if he has done you no harm. 

31 Don't envy a man of violence, don't choose any of his ways; 

32 for the perverse is an abomination to ADONAI,

but he shares his secret counsel with the upright. 

33 ADONAI's curse is in the house of the wicked,

but he blesses the home of the righteous. 

34 The scornful he scorns,

but gives grace to the humble.

35 The wise win honor,

but fools win shame.



OLD TESTAMENT: 2 SAMUEL 2:12 - 3:39


2:12 Aviner the son of Ner, and the servants of Ish-Boshet the son of Sha'ul, went out from Machanayim to Giv`on. 13 Yo'av the son of Tzeru'yah, and the servants of David, went out, and met them by the pool of Giv`on; and they sat down, the one on the one side of the pool, and the other on the other side of the pool. 14 Aviner said to Yo'av, Please let the young men arise and play before us. Yo'av said, Let them arise. 15 Then they arose and went over by number: twelve for Binyamin, and for Ish-Boshet the son of Sha'ul, and twelve of the servants of David. 16 They caught everyone his fellow by the head, and [thrust] his sword in his fellow's side; so they fell down together: therefore that place was called Helkat-Hatztzurim, which is in Giv`on. 17  The battle was very severe that day: and Aviner was beaten, and the men of Yisra'el, before the servants of David. 18 The three sons of Tzeru'yah were there, Yo'av, and Avishai, and `Asa'el: and `Asa'el was as light of foot as a wild roe. 19 `Asa'el pursued after Aviner; and in going he didn't turn to the right hand nor to the left from following Aviner. 20 Then Aviner looked behind him, and said, Is it you, `Asa'el? He answered, It is I. 21 Aviner said to him, Turn you aside to your right hand or to your left, and lay you hold on one of the young men, and take you his armor. But `Asa'el would not turn aside from following him. 22 Aviner said again to `Asa'el, Turn you aside from following me: why should I strike you to the ground? how then should I hold up my face to Yo'av your brother? 23 However he refused to turn aside: therefore Aviner with the hinder end of the spear struck him in the body, so that the spear came out behind him; and he fell down there, and died in the same place: and it happened, that as many as came to the place where `Asa'el fell down and died stood still. 24 But Yo'av and Avishai pursued after Aviner: and the sun went down when they were come to the hill of Ammah, that lies before Giach by the way of the wilderness of Giv`on. 25 The children of Binyamin gathered themselves together after Aviner, and became one band, and stood on the top of a hill. 26 Then Aviner called to Yo'av, and said, "Shall the sword devour forever? Don't you know that it will be bitterness in the latter end? How long shall it be then, before you bid the people return from following their brothers?" 27  Yo'av said, As God lives, if you had not spoken, surely then in the morning the people had gone away, nor followed everyone his brother. 28 So Yo'av blew the shofar; and all the people stood still, and pursued after Yisra'el no more, neither fought they any more. 29 Aviner and his men went all that night through the `Aravah; and they passed over the Yarden, and went through all Bitron, and came to Machanayim. 30Yo'av returned from following Aviner: and when he had gathered all the people together, there lacked of David's servants nineteen men and `Asa'el. 31 But the servants of David had struck of Binyamin, and of Aviner's men, [so that] three hundred sixty men died. 32 They took up `Asa'el, and buried him in the tomb of his father, which was in Beit-Lechem. Yo'av and his men went all night, and the day broke on them at Hevron.


3:1 Now there was long war between the house of Sha'ul and the house of David: and David grew stronger and stronger, but the house of Sha'ul grew weaker and weaker. 2 To David were sons born in Hevron: and his firstborn was Amnon, of Achino'am the Yizre`elite; 3 and his second, Chileab, of Avigayil the wife of Naval the Karmelite; and the third, Avshalom the son of Ma`akhah the daughter of Talmai king of Geshur; 4 and the fourth, Adoniyahu the son of Haggit; and the fifth, Shefatyah the son of Avital; 5 and the sixth, Yitre`am, of `Eglah, David's wife. These were born to David in Hevron. 6 It happened, while there was war between the house of Sha'ul and the house of David, that Aviner made himself strong in the house of Sha'ul. 7  Now Sha'ul had a concubine, whose name was Ritzpah, the daughter of Ayah: and [Ish-Boshet] said to Aviner, Why have you gone in to my father's concubine? 8 Then was Aviner very angry for the words of Ish-Boshet, and said, Am I a dog's head that belongs to Yehudah? This day do I show kindness to the house of Sha'ul your father, to his brothers, and to his friends, and have not delivered you into the hand of David; and yet you charge me this day with a fault concerning this woman. 9 God do so to Aviner, and more also, if, as the LORD has sworn to David, I don't do even so to him; 10 to transfer the kingdom from the house of Sha'ul, and to set up the throne of David over Yisra'el and over Yehudah, from Dan even to Be'er-Sheva. 11 He could not answer Aviner another word, because he feared him. 12 Aviner sent messengers to David on his behalf, saying, Whose is the land? saying [also], Make your league with me, and, behold, my hand shall be with you, to bring about all Yisra'el to you. 13 He said, Well; I will make a league with you; but one thing I require of you: that is, you shall not see my face, except you first bring Mikhal, Sha'ul's daughter, when you come to see my face. 14 David sent messengers to Ish-Boshet, Sha'ul's son, saying, Deliver me my wife Mikhal, whom I pledged to be married to me for one hundred foreskins of the Pelishtim. 15 Ish-Boshet sent, and took her from her husband, even from Palti'el the son of Layish. 16 Her husband went with her, weeping as he went, and followed her to Bachurim. Then said Aviner to him, Go, return: and he returned. 17  Aviner had communication with the Zakenim of Yisra'el, saying, In times past you sought for David to be king over you: 18 now then do it; for the LORD has spoken of David, saying, By the hand of my servant David I will save my people Yisra'el out of the hand of the Pelishtim, and out of the hand of all their enemies. 19 Aviner also spoke in the ears of Binyamin: and Aviner went also to speak in the ears of David in Hevron all that seemed good to Yisra'el, and to the whole house of Binyamin. 20 So Aviner came to David to Hevron, and twenty men with him. David made Aviner and the men who were with him a feast. 21 Aviner said to David, I will arise and go, and will gather all Yisra'el to my lord the king, that they may make a covenant with you, and that you may reign over all that your soul desires. David sent Aviner away; and he went in shalom. 22 Behold, the servants of David and Yo'av came from a foray, and brought in a great spoil with them: but Aviner was not with David in Hevron; for he had sent him away, and he was gone in shalom. 23 When Yo'av and all the host who was with him had come, they told Yo'av, saying, Aviner the son of Ner came to the king, and he has sent him away, and he is gone in shalom. 24 Then Yo'av came to the king, and said, What have you done? behold, Aviner came to you; why is it that you have sent him away, and he is quite gone? 25 You know Aviner the son of Ner, that he came to deceive you, and to know your going out and your coming in, and to know all that you do. 26 When Yo'av was come out from David, he sent messengers after Aviner, and they brought him back from the well of Sirah: but David didn't know it. 27 When Aviner was returned to Hevron, Yo'av took him aside into the midst of the gate to speak with him quietly, and struck him there in the body, so that he died, for the blood of `Asa'el his brother. 28 Afterward, when David heard it, he said, I and my kingdom are guiltless before the LORD forever of the blood of Aviner the son of Ner: 29 let it fall on the head of Yo'av, and on all his father's house; and let there not fail from the house of Yo'av one who has an issue, or who is a leper, or who leans on a staff, or who falls by the sword, or who lacks bread. 30 So Yo'av and Avishai his brother killed Aviner, because he had killed their brother `Asa'el at Giv`on in the battle. 31 David said to Yo'av, and to all the people who were with him, Tear your clothes, and gird you with sackcloth, and mourn before Aviner. King David followed the bier. 32 They buried Aviner in Hevron: and the king lifted up his voice, and wept at the grave of Aviner; and all the people wept. 33 The king lamented for Aviner, and said, Should Aviner die as a fool dies? 34 Your hands were not bound, nor your feet put into fetters: As a man falls before the children of iniquity, so did you fall. All the people wept again over him. 35 All the people came to cause David to eat bread while it was yet day; but David swore, saying, God do so to me, and more also, if I taste bread, or anything else, until the sun be down. 36 All the people took notice of it, and it pleased them; as whatever the king did pleased all the people. 37  So all the people and all Yisra'el understood that day that it was not of the king to kill Aviner the son of Ner. 38 The king said to his servants, "Don't you know that there a prince and a great man has fallen this day in Yisra'el? 39 I am this day weak, though anointed king; and these men the sons of Tzeru'yah are too hard for me. May the LORD reward the evil-doer according to his wickedness."



NEW TESTAMENT: JOHN 13:1 - 30


13:1 Now before the feast of the Pesach, Yeshua knowing that his time had come that he would depart out of this world to his Father, having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end. 

2 After supper, the devil having already put into the heart of Yehudah from K'riot, Shim`on's son, to betray him, 

3 Yeshua, knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he came forth from God, and was going to God, 

4 arose from supper, and laid aside his outer garments. He took a towel, and wrapped a towel around his waist. 

5 Then he poured water into the basin, and began to wash the talmidim' feet, and to wipe them with the towel that was wrapped around him. 

6 Then he came to Shim`on Kefa. He said to him, "Lord, do you wash my feet?" 

7  Yeshua answered him, "You don't know what I am doing now, but you will understand later." 

8Kefa said to him, "You will never wash my feet!" Yeshua answered him, "If I don't wash you, you have no part with me." 

9 Shim`on Kefa said to him, "Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head!"

10 Yeshua said to him, "Someone who has bathed only needs to have their feet washed, but is completely clean. You are clean, but not all of you." 

11 For he knew him who would betray him, therefore he said, "You are not all clean." 

12 So when he had washed their feet, put his outer garment back on, and sat down again, he said to them, "Do you know what I have done to you? 

13 You call me, 'Teacher' and 'Lord.' You say so correctly, for so I am. 

14 If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. 

15 For I have given you an example, that you also should do as I have done to you. 

16 Most assuredly I tell you, a servant is not greater than his lord, neither one who is sent greater than he who sent him. 

17 If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them. 

18 I don't speak concerning all of you. I know whom I have chosen. But that the Scripture may be fulfilled, 'He who eats bread with me has lifted up his heel against me.' 

19 From now on, I tell you before it happens, that when it happens, you may believe that I AM. 

20 Most assuredly I tell you, he who receives whoever I send, receives me; and he who receives me, receives him who sent me."

21 When Yeshua had said this, he was troubled in the spirit, and testified, "Most assuredly I tell you that one of you will betray me."

22 The talmidim looked at one another, perplexed about whom he spoke. 

23 One of his talmidim, whom Yeshua loved, was at the table, leaning against Yeshua' breast. 

24 Shim`on Kefa therefore beckoned to him, and said to him, "Tell us who it is of whom he speaks." 

25 He, leaning back, as he was, on Yeshua' breast, asked him, "Lord, who is it?" 

26 Yeshua therefore answered, "It is he to whom I will give this morsel when I have dipped it." So when he had dipped the morsel, he gave it to Yehudah, the son of Shim`on Ish-K'riot. 

27 After the morsel, then Hasatan entered into him. Yeshua therefore said to him, "What you do, do quickly." 

28 Now no man at the table knew why he said this to him. 

29 For some thought, because Yehudah had the money box, that Yeshua said to him, "Buy what things we need for the feast," or that he should give something to the poor. 

30 Therefore, having received that morsel, he went out immediately. It was night.


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment