Thursday, March 24, 2022

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation – March 24 – Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 












MARCH 24



PSALMS: 24, 54, 84, 114, 144


PROVERBS: 24


OLD TESTAMENT: 1 KINGS 11:1 - 12:19


NEW TESTAMENT: ACTS 9:1 - 25



PSALMS: 24


1 The eretz is the LORD's, with its fullness;

The world, and those who dwell therein. 

2 For he has founded it on the seas,

And established it on the floods. 

3 Who may ascend to the LORD's hill?

Who may stand in his holy place? 

4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart;

Who has not lifted up his soul to falsehood,

And has not sworn deceitfully. 

5 He shall receive a blessing from the LORD,

Righteousness from the God of his salvation. 

6 This is the generation of those who seek Him,

Who seek your face -- even Ya`akov.

Selah. 

7 Lift up your heads, you gates;

Be lifted up, you everlasting doors:

The King of glory will come in. 

8 Who is the King of glory?

The LORD strong and mighty,

The LORD mighty in battle.

9 Lift up your heads, you gates;

Yes, lift them up, you everlasting doors:

The King of glory will come in. 

10 Who is this King of glory?

The LORD of Hosts,

He is the King of glory.

Selah.



PSALMS: 54


1 Save me, God, by your name.

Vindicate me in your might. 

2 Hear my prayer, God.

Listen to the words of my mouth. 

3 For strangers have risen up against me.

Violent men have sought after my soul.

They haven't set God before them.

Selah. 

4 Behold, God is my helper.

The Lord is the one who sustains my soul. 

5 He will repay the evil to my enemies.

Destroy them in your truth. 

6 With a free will offering, I will sacrifice to you.

I will give thanks to your name, LORD, for it is good. 

7 For he has delivered me out of all trouble.

My eye has seen triumph over my enemies.



PSALMS: 84


1 How lovely are your dwellings,

LORD of Hosts! 

2 My soul longs, and even faints for the courts of the LORD.

My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. 

3 Yes, the sparrow has found a home,

And the swallow a nest for herself,

where she may have her young,

Near your altars, LORD of Hosts,

My King, and my God. 

4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house.

They are always praising you. Selah. 

5 Blessed is the man whose strength is in you;

Who have set their hearts on a pilgrimage. 

6 Passing through the valley of Weeping,

they make it a place of springs.

Yes, the autumn rain covers it with blessings. 

7 They go from strength to strength.

Everyone of them appears before God in Tziyon. 

8 LORD, God Tzva'ot, hear my prayer.

Listen, God of Ya`akov.

Selah. 

9 Behold, God our shield,

Look at the face of your anointed. 

10 For a day in your courts is better than a thousand.

I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God,

Than to dwell in the tents of wickedness. 

11 For the LORD God is a sun and a shield.

The LORD will give grace and glory.

He withholds no good thing from those who walk blamelessly. 

12 LORD of Hosts,

Blessed is the man who trusts in you.



PSALMS: 114


1 When Yisra'el went forth out of Mitzrayim,

The house of Ya`akov from a people of foreign language; 

2 Yehudah became his sanctuary,

Yisra'el his dominion. 

3 The sea saw it, and fled.

The Yarden was driven back. 

4 The mountains skipped like rams,

The little hills like lambs. 

5 What was it, you sea, that you fled?

You Yarden, that you turned back? 

6 You mountains, that you skipped like rams;

You little hills, like lambs? 

7 Tremble, you eretz, at the presence of the Lord,

At the presence of the God of Ya`akov, 

8 Who turned the rock into a pool of water,

The flint into a spring of waters.



PSALMS: 144


1 Blessed be the LORD, my rock,

Who teaches my hands to war,

And my fingers to battle: 

2 My loving kindness, my fortress,

My high tower, my deliverer,

My shield, and he in whom I take refuge;

Who subdues my people under me. 

3 LORD, what is man, that you care for him?

Or the son of man, that you think of him? 

4 Man is like a breath.

His days are like a shadow that passes away. 

5 Part your heavens, LORD, and come down.

Touch the mountains, and they will smoke. 

6 Throw out lightning, and scatter them.

Send out your arrows, and rout them. 

7 Stretch out your hand from above,

Rescue me, and deliver me out of great waters,

Out of the hands of foreigners; 

8 Whose mouths speak deceit,

Whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood. 

9 I will sing a new song to you, God.

On a ten-stringed lyre,

I will sing praises to you. 

10 You are he who gives salvation to kings,

Who rescues David, his servant, from the deadly sword. 

11 Rescue me, and deliver me out of the hands of foreigners,

Whose mouths speak deceit,

Whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood. 

12 Then our sons will be like well-nurtured plants,

Our daughters like pillars carved to adorn a palace. 

13 Our barns are full, filled with all kinds of provision.

Our sheep bring forth thousands and ten thousands in our fields. 

14 Our oxen will pull heavy loads.

There is no breaking in, and no going away,

And no outcry in our streets. 

15 Happy are the people who are in such a situation.

Happy are the people whose God is the LORD.



PROVERBS: 24


1 Don't you be envious against evil men;

Neither desire to be with them: 

2 For their hearts plot violence,

And their lips talk about mischief. 

3 Through wisdom a house is built;

By understanding it is established; 

4 By knowledge the rooms are filled

With all rare and beautiful treasure. 

5 A wise man has great power;

And a knowledgeable man increases strength; 

6 For by wise guidance you wage your war;

And victory is in many advisors. 

7 Wisdom is too high for a fool:

He doesn't open his mouth in the gate. 

8 One who plots to do evil

Will be called a schemer. 

9 The schemes of folly are sin.

The mocker is detested by men. 

10 If you falter in the time of trouble,

Your strength is small. 

11 Rescue those who are being led away to death!

Indeed, hold back those who are staggering to the slaughter! 

12 If you say,

"Behold, we didn't know this;"

Doesn't he who weighs the hearts consider it?

He who keeps your soul, doesn't he know it?

Shall he not render to every man according to his work?

13 My son, eat honey, for it is good;

The droppings of the honeycomb, which are sweet to your taste: 

14 So you shall know wisdom to be to your soul;

If you have found it, then will there be a reward,

Your hope will not be cut off. 

15 Don't lay in wait, wicked man, against the habitation of the righteous.

Don't destroy his resting-place: 

16 For a righteous man falls seven times, and rises up again;

But the wicked are overthrown by calamity. 

17 Don't rejoice when your enemy falls.

Don't let your heart be glad when he is overthrown;

18 Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him,

And he turn away his wrath from him. 

19 Don't fret yourself because of evildoers;

Neither be envious of the wicked: 

20 For there will be no reward to the evil man;

And the lamp of the wicked shall be snuffed out. 

21 My son, fear the LORD and the king.

Don't join those who are rebellious: 

22 For their calamity will rise suddenly;

The destruction from them both -- who knows? 

23 These also are sayings of the wise.

To show partiality in judgment is not good. 

24 He who says to the wicked, "You are righteous;"

Peoples shall curse him, and nations shall abhor him -- 

25 But it will go well with those who convict the guilty,

And a rich blessing will come on them. 

26 An honest answer Is like a kiss on the lips. 

27 Prepare your work outside.

Make it ready for you in the field.

Afterwards, build your house. 

28 Don't be a witness against your neighbor without cause.

Don't deceive with your lips.

29 Don't say, "I will do to him as he has done to me;

I will render to the man according to his work." 

30 I went by the field of the sluggard,

By the vineyard of the man void of understanding; 

31 Behold, it was all grown over with thorns.

Its surface was covered with nettles,

And its stone wall was broken down. 

32 Then I saw, and considered well.

I saw, and received instruction: 

33 A little sleep, a little slumber,

A little folding of the hands to sleep; 

34 So shall your poverty come as a robber,

And your want as an armed man.



OLD TESTAMENT: 1 KINGS 11:1 - 12:19


11:1 Now king Shlomo loved many foreign women, together with the daughter of Par`oh, women of the Mo`avim, `Ammonim, Edom, Tzidonim, and Hitti; 2 of the nations concerning which the LORD said to the children of Yisra'el, You shall not go among them, neither shall they come among you; for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Shlomo joined to these in love. 3 He had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines; and his wives turned away his heart. 4 For it happened, when Shlomo was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods; and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father. 5 For Shlomo went after `Ashoret the goddess of the Tzidonim, and after Milkom the abomination of the `Ammonim. 6 Shlomo did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD, and didn't go fully after the LORD, as did David his father. 7  Then did Shlomo build a high place for Kemosh the abomination of Mo'av, on the mountain that is before Yerushalayim, and for Molekh the abomination of the children of `Ammon. 8 So did he for all his foreign wives, who burnt incense and sacrificed to their gods. 9 The LORD was angry with Shlomo, because his heart was turned away from the LORD, the God of Yisra'el, who had appeared to him twice, 10 and had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he didn't keep that which the LORD commanded. 11 Therefore the LORD said to Shlomo, Because this is done of you, and you have not kept my covenant and my statutes, which I have commanded you, I will surely tear the kingdom from you, and will give it to your servant. 12 Notwithstanding in your days I will not do it, for David your father's sake: but I will tear it out of the hand of your son. 13 However I will not tear away all the kingdom; but I will give one tribe to your son, for David my servant's sake, and for Yerushalayim's sake which I have chosen. 14 The LORD raised up an adversary to Shlomo, Hadad the Edomite: he was of the king's seed in Edom. 15 For it happened, when David was in Edom, and Yo'av the captain of the host was gone up to bury the slain, and had struck every male in Edom 16 (for Yo'av and all Yisra'el remained there six months, until he had cut off every male in Edom); 17 that Hadad fled, he and certain Edom of his father's servants with him, to go into Mitzrayim, Hadad being yet a little child. 18 They arose out of Midyan, and came to Paran; and they took men with them out of Paran, and they came to Mitzrayim, to Par`oh king of Mitzrayim, who gave him a house, and appointed him victuals, and gave him land. 19 Hadad found great favor in the sight of Par`oh, so that he gave him as wife the sister of his own wife, the sister of Tachpenes the queen. 20 The sister of Tachpenes bore him Genuvat his son, whom Tachpenes weaned in Par`oh's house; and Genuvat was in Par`oh's house among the sons of Par`oh. 21 When Hadad heard in Mitzrayim that David slept with his fathers, and that Yo'av the captain of the host was dead, Hadad said to Par`oh, Let me depart, that I may go to my own country. 22 Then Par`oh said to him, But what have you lacked with me, that behold, you seek to go to your own country? He answered, Nothing: however only let me depart. 23 God raised up [another] adversary to him, Rezon the son of Elyada, who had fled from his lord Hadad`ezer king of Tzovah. 24 He gathered men to him, and became captain over a troop, when David killed them [of Tzovah]: and they went to Dammesek, and lived therein, and reigned in Dammesek. 25 He was an adversary to Yisra'el all the days of Shlomo, besides the mischief that Hadad [did]: and he abhorred Yisra'el, and reigned over Aram. 26 Yarov`am the son of Nevat, an Efratite of Tzeredata, a servant of Shlomo, whose mother's name was Tzeru`ah, a widow, he also lifted up his hand against the king. 27  This was the reason why he lifted up his hand against the king: Shlomo built Millo, and repaired the breach of the city of David his father. 28 The man Yarov`am was a mighty man of valor; and Shlomo saw the young man that he was industrious, and he gave him charge over all the labor of the house of Yosef. 29 It happened at that time, when Yarov`am went out of Yerushalayim, that the prophet Achiyah the Shiloni found him in the way; now [Achiyah] had clad himself with a new garment; and they two were alone in the field. 30 Achiyah laid hold of the new garment that was on him, and tore it in twelve pieces. 31 He said to Yarov`am, Take ten pieces; for thus says the LORD, the God of Yisra'el, Behold, I will tear the kingdom out of the hand of Shlomo, and will give ten tribes to you 32 (but he shall have one tribe, for my servant David's sake and for Yerushalayim's sake, the city which I have chosen out of all the tribes of Yisra'el); 33 because that they have forsaken me, and have worshiped `Ashoret the goddess of the Tzidonim, Kemosh the god of Mo'av, and Milkom the god of the children of `Ammon; and they have not walked in my ways, to do that which is right in my eyes, and [to keep] my statutes and my ordinances, as did David his father. 34 However I will not take the whole kingdom out of his hand; but I will make him prince all the days of his life, for David my servant's sake whom I chose, who kept my mitzvot and my statutes; 35 but I will take the kingdom out of his son's hand, and will give it to you, even ten tribes. 36 To his son will I give one tribe, that David my servant may have a lamp always before me in Yerushalayim, the city which I have chosen me to put my name there. 37 I will take you, and you shall reign according to all that your soul desires, and shall be king over Yisra'el. 38 It shall be, if you will listen to all that I command you, and will walk in my ways, and do that which is right in my eyes, to keep my statutes and my mitzvot, as David my servant did; that I will be with you, and will build you a sure house, as I built for David, and will give Yisra'el to you. 39 I will for this afflict the seed of David, but not forever. 40 Shlomo sought therefore to kill Yarov`am; but Yarov`am arose, and fled into Mitzrayim, to Shishak king of Mitzrayim, and was in Mitzrayim until the death of Shlomo. 41 Now the rest of the acts of Shlomo, and all that he did, and his wisdom, aren't they written in the book of the acts of Shlomo? 42 The time that Shlomo reigned in Yerushalayim over all Yisra'el was forty years. 43 Shlomo slept with his fathers, and was buried in the city of David his father: and Rechav`am his son reigned in his place.


12:1 Rechav`am went to Shekhem: for all Yisra'el were come to Shekhem to make him king. 2 It happened, when Yarov`am the son of Nevat heard of it (for he was yet in Mitzrayim, where he had fled from the presence of king Shlomo, and Yarov`am lived in Mitzrayim, 3 and they sent and called him), that Yarov`am and all the assembly of Yisra'el came, and spoke to Rechav`am, saying, 4 Your father made our yoke grievous: now therefore make you the grievous service of your father, and his heavy yoke which he put on us, lighter, and we will serve you. 5 He said to them, Depart yet for three days, then come again to me. The people departed. 6 King Rechav`am took counsel with the old men, who had stood before Shlomo his father while he yet lived, saying, What counsel give you me to return answer to this people? 7 They spoke to him, saying, If you will be a servant to this people this day, and will serve them, and answer them, and speak good words to them, then they will be your servants forever. 8 But he forsook the counsel of the old men which they had given him, and took counsel with the young men who had grown up with him, who stood before him. 9 He said to them, What counsel do you give, that we may return answer to this people, who have spoken to me, saying, Make the yoke that your father did put on us lighter? 10 The young men who had grown up with him spoke to him, saying, Thus shall you tell this people who spoke to you, saying, Your father made our yoke heavy, but make you it lighter to us; thus shall you speak to them, My little finger is thicker than my father's loins. 11 Now whereas my father did lade you with a heavy yoke, I will add to your yoke: my father chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions. 12 So Yarov`am and all the people came to Rechav`am the third day, as the king bade, saying, Come to me again the third day. 13 The king answered the people roughly, and forsook the counsel of the old men which they had given him, 14 and spoke to them after the counsel of the young men, saying, My father made your yoke heavy, but I will add to your yoke: my father chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions. 15 So the king didn't listen to the people; for it was a thing brought about of the LORD, that he might establish his word, which the LORD spoke by Achiyah the Shiloni to Yarov`am the son of Nevat. 16 When all Yisra'el saw that the king didn't listen to them, the people answered the king, saying, What portion have we in David? neither have we inheritance in the son of Yishai: to your tents, Yisra'el: now see to your own house, David. So Yisra'el departed to their tents. 17 But as for the children of Yisra'el who lived in the cities of Yehudah, Rechav`am reigned over them. 18 Then king Rechav`am sent Adoram, who was over the men subject to forced labor; and all Yisra'el stoned him to death with stones. King Rechav`am made speed to get him up to his chariot, to flee to Yerushalayim. 19 So Yisra'el rebelled against the house of David to this day.



NEW TESTAMENT: ACTS 9:1 - 25


9:1 But Sha'ul, still breathing threats and slaughter against the talmidim of the Lord, went to the Kohen Gadol, 

2 and asked for letters from him to the synagogues of Dammesek, that if he found any who were of the Way, whether men or women, he might bring them bound to Yerushalayim. 

3 As he traveled, it happened that he got close to Dammesek, and suddenly a light from the sky shone around him. 

4 He fell on the eretz, and heard a voice saying to him, "Sha'ul, Sha'ul, why do you persecute me?" 

5 He said, "Who are you, Lord?" The Lord said, "I am Yeshua, whom you are persecuting. 

6 But rise up, and enter into the city, and you will be told what you must do." 

7 The men who traveled with him stood speechless, hearing the voice, but seeing no one. 

8 Sha'ul arose from the ground, and when his eyes were opened, he saw no one. They led him by the hand, and brought him into Dammesek. 

9 He was without sight for three days, and neither ate nor drank. 

10 Now there was a certain talmid at Dammesek named Hananyah. The Lord said to him in a vision, "Hananyah!" He said, "Behold, it's me, Lord." 

11 The Lord said to him, "Arise, and go to the street which is called Straight, and inquire in the house of Yehudah for one named Sha'ul, a man of Tarsus. For behold, he is praying, 

12 and in a vision he has seen a man named Hananyah coming in, and laying his hands on him, that he might receive his sight." 

13 But Hananyah answered, "Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he did to your holy ones at Yerushalayim. 

14 Here he has authority from the chief Kohanim to bind all who call on your name." 

15 But the Lord said to him, "Go your way, for he is my chosen vessel to bear my name before the nations and kings, and the children of Yisra'el. 

16 For I will show him how many things he must suffer for my name's sake." 

17 Hananyah departed, and entered into the house. Laying his hands on him, he said, "Brother Sha'ul, the Lord, who appeared to you in the way which you came, has sent me, that you may receive your sight, and be filled with the Ruach HaKodesh." 

18 Immediately something like scales fell from his eyes, and he received his sight. He arose and was immersed. 

19 He took food and was strengthened. Sha'ul stayed several days with the talmidim who were at Dammesek. 

20 Immediately in the synagogues he proclaimed the Messiah, that he is the Son of God. 

21 All who heard him were amazed, and said, "Isn't this he who in Yerushalayim made havoc of those who called on this name? And he had come here intending to bring them bound before the chief Kohanim!" 

22 But Sha'ul increased more in strength, and confounded the Yehudim who lived at Dammesek, proving that this is the Messiah. 

23 When many days were fulfilled, the Yehudim conspired together to kill him, 

24 but their plot became known to Sha'ul. They watched the gates both day and night that they might kill him, 

25 but his talmidim took him by night, and let him down through the wall, lowering him in a basket.


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment