Wednesday, March 2, 2022

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation – March 2 – Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 














MARCH 2



PSALMS: 2, 32, 62, 92, 122


PROVERBS: 2


OLD TESTAMENT: 2 SAMUEL 1:1 - 2:11


NEW TESTAMENT: JOHN 12:20 - 50



PSALMS: 2


1 Why are the nations in an uproar,

the peoples grumbling in vain?

2 The earth's kings are taking positions,

leaders conspiring together,

against ADONAI and his anointed. 

3 They cry, "Let's break their fetters!

Let's throw off their chains!" 

4 He who sits in heaven laughs;

Adonai looks at them in derision. 

5 Then in his anger he rebukes them,

terrifies them in his fury. 

6 "I myself have installed my king on Tziyon,

my holy mountain." 

7 "I will proclaim the decree:

ADONAI said to me,

'You are my son;

today I became your father. 

8 Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance;

the whole wide world will be your possession. 

9 You will break them with an iron rod,

shatter them like a clay pot.'" 

10 Therefore, kings, be wise;

be warned, you judges of the earth. 

11 Serve ADONAI with fear;

rejoice, but with trembling. 

12 Kiss the son, lest he be angry,

and you perish along the way,

when suddenly his anger blazes.

How blessed are all who take refuge in him.



PSALMS: 32


1 By David.

A maskil:

How blessed are those whose offense is forgiven,

those whose sin is covered! 

2 How blessed those to whom ADONAI imputes no guilt,

in whose spirit is no deceit! 

3 When I kept silent,

my bones wasted away because of my groaning all day long;

4 day and night your hand was heavy on me;

the sap in me dried up as in a summer drought.

(Selah) 

5 When I acknowledged my sin to you,

when I stopped concealing my guilt,

and said, "I will confess my offenses to ADONAI";

then you, you forgave the guilt of my sin. (Selah) 

6 This is what everyone faithful should pray at a time when you can be found.

Then, when the floodwaters are raging, they will not reach to him. 

7 You are a hiding-place for me, you will keep me from distress;

you will surround me with songs of deliverance. (Selah) 

8 "I will instruct and teach you in this way that you are to go;

I will give you counsel;

my eyes will be watching you." 

9 Don't be like a horse or mule that has no understanding,

that has to be curbed with bit and bridle,

or else it won't come near you. 

10 Many are the torments of the wicked,

but grace surrounds those who trust in ADONAI. 

11 Be glad in ADONAI;

rejoice, you righteous!

Shout for joy, all you upright in heart!



PSALMS: 62


1 For the leader.

Set in the style of Y'dutun.

A psalm of David:

My soul waits in silence for God alone;

my salvation comes from him. 

2 He alone is my rock and salvation, my stronghold;

I won't be greatly moved. 

3 How long will you assail a person in order to murder him, all of you,

as if he were a sagging wall or a shaky fence? 

4 They only want to shake him from his height,

they take delight in lying with their mouths they bless, but inwardly they curse.

(Selah) 

5 My soul, wait in silence for God alone,

because my hope comes from him. 

6 He alone is my rock and salvation, my stronghold;

I won't be moved.

7  My safety and honor rest on God.

My strong rock and refuge are in God. 

8 Trust in him, people, at all times;

pour out your heart before him;

God is a refuge for us. (Selah) 

9 Ordinary folks are merely a breath and important people a sham;

if you lay them on a balance-scale, they go up both together are lighter than nothing. 

10 Don't put your trust in extortion, don't put false hopes in robbery;

even if wealth increases, don't set your heart on it. 

11 God has spoken once, I have heard it twice:

strength belongs to God. 

12 Also to you, Adonai, belongs grace;

for you reward all as their deeds deserve.



PSALMS: 92


1 A psalm.

A song for Shabbat:

It is good to give thanks to ADONAI and sing praises to your name, 'Elyon, 

2 to tell in the morning about your grace and at night about your faithfulness, 

3 to the music of a ten-stringed [harp] and a lute,

with the melody sounding on a lyre. 

4 For, ADONAI, what you do makes me happy;

I take joy in what your hands have made. 

5 How great are your deeds, ADONAI!

How very deep your thoughts! 

6 Stupid people can't know, fools don't understand, 

7 that when the wicked sprout like grass, and all who do evil prosper,

it is so that they can be eternally destroyed, 

8 while you, ADONAI, are exalted forever. 

9 For your enemies, ADONAI, your enemies will perish;

all evildoers will be scattered. 

10 But you have given me the strength of a wild bull;

you anoint me with fresh olive oil. 

11 My eyes have gazed with pleasure on my enemies' ruin,

my ears have delighted in the fall of my foes. 

12 The righteous will flourish like a palm tree,

they will grow like a cedar in the L'vanon.

13 Planted in the house of ADONAI,

they will flourish in the courtyards of our God. 

14 Even in old age they will be vigorous,

still full of sap, still bearing fruit, 

15 proclaiming that ADONAI is upright, my Rock,

in whom there is no wrong.



PSALMS: 122


1 A song of ascents.

By David: I was glad when they said to me,

"The house of ADONAI! Let's go!" 

2 Our feet were already standing at your gates, Yerushalayim. 

3 Yerushalayim, built as a city fostering friendship and unity. 

4 The tribes have gone up there, the tribes of ADONAI,

as a witness to Isra'el, to give thanks to the name of ADONAI. 

5 For there the thrones of justice were set up,

the thrones of the house of David. 

6 Pray for shalom in Yerushalayim;

may those who love you prosper. 

7 May shalom be within your ramparts,

prosperity in your palaces. 

8 For the sake of my family and friends,

I say, "Shalom be within you!" 

9 For the sake of the house of ADONAI our God,

I will seek your well-being.



PROVERBS: 2


1 My son, if you will receive my words and

store my commands inside you, 

2 paying attention to wisdom inclining

your mind toward understanding 

3 yes, if you will call for insight and

raise your voice for discernment, 

4 if you seek it as you would silver and

search for it as for hidden treasure - 

5 then you will understand the fear of ADONAI and find knowledge of God. 

6 For ADONAI gives wisdom;

from his mouth comes knowledge and understanding. 

7 He stores up common sense for the upright,

is a shield to those whose conduct is blameless, 

8 in order to guard the courses of justice and preserve

the way of those faithful to him. 

9 Then you will understand righteousness,

justice, fairness and every good path. 

10 For wisdom will enter your heart,

knowledge will be enjoyable for you, 

11 discretion will watch over you,

and discernment will guard you. 

12 They will save you from the way of evil and

from those who speak deceitfully, 

13 who leave the paths of honesty

to walk the ways of darkness, 

14 who delight in doing evil and

take joy in being stubbornly deceitful, 

15 from those whose tracks are twisted and

whose paths are perverse. 

16 They will save you from a woman who is a stranger,

from a loose woman with smooth talk, 

17 who abandons the ruler she had in her youth and

forgets the covenant of her God. 

18 Her house is sinking toward death,

her paths lead to the dead. 

19 None who go to her return;

they never regain the path to life. 

20 Thus you will walk on the way of good people

and keep to the paths of the righteous. 

21 For the upright will live in the land,

the pure-hearted will remain there; 

22 but the wicked will be cut off from the land,

the unfaithful rooted out of it.



OLD TESTAMENT: 2 SAMUEL 1:1 - 2:11


1:1 happened after the death of Sha'ul, when David was returned from the slaughter of the `Amaleki, and David had abode two days in Tziklag; 2 it happened on the third day, that behold, a man came out of the camp from Sha'ul, with his clothes torn, and dirt on his head: and so it was, when he came to David, that he fell to the eretz, and did obeisance. 3 David said to him, From whence come you? He said to him, Out of the camp of Yisra'el am I escaped. 4 David said to him, How went the matter? Please tell me. He answered, The people are fled from the battle, and many of the people also are fallen and dead; and Sha'ul and Yonatan his son are dead also. 5 David said to the young man who told him, How know you that Sha'ul and Yonatan his son are dead? 6 The young man who told him said, As I happened by chance on Mount Gilboa, behold, Sha'ul was leaning on his spear; and, behold, the chariots and the horsemen followed hard after him. 7  When he looked behind him, he saw me, and called to me. I answered, Here am I. 8 He said to me, Who are you? I answered him, I am an `Amaleki. 9 He said to me, Stand, I pray you, beside me, and kill me; for anguish has taken hold of me, because my life is yet whole in me. 10 So I stood beside him, and killed him, because I was sure that he could not live after that he was fallen: and I took the crown that was on his head, and the bracelet that was on his arm, and have brought them here to my lord. 11 Then David took hold on his clothes, and tore them; and likewise all the men who were with him: 12 and they mourned, and wept, and fasted until even, for Sha'ul, and for Yonatan his son, and for the people of the LORD, and for the house of Yisra'el; because they were fallen by the sword. 13 David said to the young man who told him, Whence are you? He answered, I am the son of a sojourner, an `Amaleki. 14 David said to him, How were you not afraid to put forth your hand to destroy the LORD's anointed? 15 David called one of the young men, and said, Go near, and fall on him. He struck him, so that he died. 16 David said to him, Your blood be on your head; for your mouth has testified against you, saying, I have slain the LORD's anointed. 17  David lamented with this lamentation over Sha'ul and over Yonatan his son 18 (and he bade them teach the children of Yehudah [the song of] the bow: behold, it is written in the book of Yashar): 19 Your glory, Yisra'el, is slain on your high places! How are the mighty fallen! 20 Don't tell it in Gat, Don't publish it in the streets of Ashkelon; Lest the daughters of the Pelishtim rejoice, Lest the daughters of the uncircumcised triumph. 21 You mountains of Gilboa, Let there be no dew nor rain on you, neither fields of offerings: For there the shield of the mighty was vilely cast away, The shield of Sha'ul, not anointed with oil. 22 From the blood of the slain, from the fat of the mighty, The bow of Yonatan didn't turn back, The sword of Sha'ul didn't return empty. 23 Sha'ul and Yonatan were lovely and pleasant in their lives, In their death they were not divided: They were swifter than eagles, They were stronger than lions. 24 You daughters of Yisra'el, weep over Sha'ul, Who clothed you in scarlet delicately, Who put ornaments of gold on your clothing. 25 How are the mighty fallen in the midst of the battle! Yonatan is slain on your high places. 26 I am distressed for you, my brother Yonatan: Very pleasant have you been to me: Your love to me was wonderful, Passing the love of women. 27 How are the mighty fallen, The weapons of war perished!


2:1 It happened after this, that David inquired of the LORD, saying, Shall I go up into any of the cities of Yehudah? the LORD said to him, Go up. David said, Where shall I go up? He said, To Hevron. 2 So David went up there, and his two wives also, Achino'am the Yizre`elite, and Avigayil the wife of Naval the Karmelite. 3 His men who were with him did David bring up, every man with his household: and they lived in the cities of Hevron. 4 The men of Yehudah came, and there they anointed David king over the house of Yehudah. They told David, saying, The men of Yavesh-Gil`ad were those who buried Sha'ul. 5 David sent messengers to the men of Yavesh-Gil`ad, and said to them, Blessed be you of the LORD, that you have shown this kindness to your lord, even to Sha'ul, and have buried him. 6 Now the LORD show lovingkindness and truth to you: and I also will requite you this kindness, because you have done this thing. 7  Now therefore let your hands be strong, and be you valiant; for Sha'ul your lord is dead, and also the house of Yehudah have anointed me king over them. 8 Now Aviner the son of Ner, captain of Sha'ul's host, had taken Ish-Boshet the son of Sha'ul, and brought him over to Machanayim; 9 and he made him king over Gil`ad, and over the Ashuri, and over Yizre`el, and over Efrayim, and over Binyamin, and over all Yisra'el. 10 Ish-Boshet, Sha'ul's son, was forty years old when he began to reign over Yisra'el, and he reigned two years. But the house of Yehudah followed David. 11 The time that David was king in Hevron over the house of Yehudah was seven years and six months.



NEW TESTAMENT: JOHN 12:20 - 50


12:20 Now there were certain Yevanim among those that went up to worship at the feast. 

21 These, therefore, came to Pilipos, who was from Beit-Tzaidah of the Galil, and asked him, saying, "Sir, we want to see Yeshua." 

22 Pilipos came and told Andrai, and in turn, Andrai came with Pilipos, and they told Yeshua. 

23 Yeshua answered them, "The time has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. 

24 Most assuredly I tell you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the eretz and dies, it remains by itself alone. But if it dies, it bears much fruit.

25 He who loves his life will lose it. He who hates his life in this world will keep it to eternal life. 

26 If anyone serves me, let him follow me. Where I am, there will my servant also be. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him. 

27 "Now my soul is troubled. What shall I say? 'Father, save me from this time?' But for this cause I came to this time. 

28 Father, glorify your name!" Then there came a voice out of the sky, saying, "I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again."

29 The multitude therefore, who stood by and heard it, said that it had thundered. Others said, "An angel has spoken to him." 

30 Yeshua answered, "This voice hasn't come for my sake, but for your sakes. 

31 Now is the judgment of this world. Now the prince of this world will be cast out. 

32 And I, if I am lifted up from the eretz, will draw all people to myself." 

33 But he said this, signifying by what kind of death he should die. 

34 The multitude answered him, "We have heard out of the law that the Messiah remains forever. How do you say, 'The Son of Man must be lifted up?' Who is this Son of Man?"

35 Yeshua therefore said to them, "Yet a little while the light is with you. Walk while you have the light, that darkness doesn't overtake you. He who walks in the darkness doesn't know where he is going.

36 While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light." Yeshua said these things, and he departed and hid himself from them. 

37 But though he had done so many signs before them, yet they didn't believe in him, 

38 that the word of Yesha`yahu the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spoke, "Lord, who has believed our report? To whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?" 

39 For this cause they couldn't believe, for Yesha`yahu said again, 

40 "He has blinded their eyes and he hardened their heart, Lest they should see with their eyes, And perceive with their heart, And would turn, And I would heal them." 

41 Yesha`yahu said these things when he saw his glory, and he spoke of him. 

42 Nevertheless even of the rulers many believed in him, but because of the Perushim they didn't confess it, so that they wouldn't be put out of the synagogue, 

43 for they loved men's praise more than God's praise. 

44 Yeshua cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me, believes not in me, but in him who sent me. 

45 He who sees me sees him who sent me. 

46 I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in me may not remain in the darkness. 

47 If anyone listens to my sayings, and doesn't believe, I don't judge him. For I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. 

48 He who rejects me, and doesn't receive my sayings, has one who judges him. The word that I spoke, the same will judge him in the last day. 

49 For I spoke not from myself, but the Father who sent me, he gave me a mitzvah, what I should say, and what I should speak. 

50 I know that his mitzvah is eternal life. The things therefore which I speak, even as the Father has said to me, so I speak."


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment