Sunday, May 8, 2022

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation – May 8 – Full Text – Happy Birthday Jared Meyer! Happy Mother’s Day!

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 














MAY 8



PSALMS: 8, 38, 68, 98, 128


PROVERBS: 8


OLD TESTAMENT: 2 CHRONICLES 21:1 - 23:21


NEW TESTAMENT: ROMANS 11:13 - 36



PSALMS: 8


1 LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the eretz,

Who has set your glory above the heavens! 

2 From the lips of babes and infants you have established strength,

Because of your adversaries, that you might silence the enemy and the avenger. 

3 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers,

The moon and the stars, which you have ordained; 

4 What is man, that you think of him?

The son of man, that you care for him? 

5 For you have made him a little lower than God,

And crowned him with glory and honor. 

6 You make him ruler over the works of your hands.

You have put all things under his feet: 

7 All sheep and oxen,

Yes, and the animals of the field, 

8 The birds of the sky, the fish of the sea,

And whatever passes through the paths of the seas. 

9 LORD, our Lord,

How majestic is your name in all the eretz!



PSALMS: 38


1 LORD, don't rebuke me in your wrath,

Neither chasten me in your hot displeasure. 

2 For your arrows have pierced me,

Your hand presses hard on me. 

3 There is no soundness in my flesh because of your indignation,

Neither is there any health in my bones because of my sin. 

4 For my iniquities have gone over my head.

As a heavy burden, they are too heavy for me. 

5 My wounds are loathsome and corrupt,

Because of my foolishness. 

6 I am pained and bowed down greatly.

I go mourning all day long. 

7 For my loins are filled with burning.

There is no soundness in my flesh. 

8 I am faint and severely bruised.

I have groaned by reason of the anguish of my heart. 

9 Lord, all my desire is before you.

My groaning is not hidden from you. 

10 My heart throbs. My strength fails me.

As for the light of my eyes, it also is gone from me. 

11 My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my plague.

My kinsmen stand afar off. 

12 They also who seek after my life lay snares.

Those who seek my hurt speak mischievous things,

And meditate deceits all day long. 

13 But I, as a deaf man, don't hear.

I am as a mute man who doesn't open his mouth. 

14 Yes, I am as a man who doesn't hear,

In whose mouth are no reproofs. 

15 For in you, LORD, do I hope.

You will answer, Lord my God. 

16 For I said, "Don't let them gloat over me,

Or exalt themselves over me when my foot slips." 

17  For I am ready to fall.

My pain is continually before me. 

18 For I will declare my iniquity.

I will be sorry for my sin. 

19 But my enemies are vigorous and many.

Those who hate me without reason are numerous. 

20 They who also render evil for good are adversaries to me,

Because I follow what is good. 

21 Don't forsake me, LORD.

My God, don't be far from me.

22 Hurry to help me,

Lord, my salvation.



PSALMS: 68


1 Let God arise!

Let his enemies be scattered!

Let them who hate him also flee before him. 

2 As smoke is driven away, so drive them away.

As wax melts before the fire,

So let the wicked perish at the presence of God. 

3 But let the righteous be glad.

Let them rejoice before God.

Yes, let them rejoice with gladness. 

4 Sing to God! Sing praises to his name!

Extol him who rides on the clouds -- To the LORD, his name!

Rejoice before him. 

5 A father of the fatherless, and a defender of the widows,

Is God in his holy habitation.

6 God sets the lonely in families.

He brings out the prisoners with singing,

But the rebellious dwell in a sun-scorched land. 

7 God, when you went forth before your people,

When you marched through the wilderness...

Selah. 

8 The eretz trembled.

The sky also poured down rain at the presence of the God of Sinai --

At the presence of God, the God of Yisra'el. 

9 You, God, sent a plentiful rain.

You confirmed your inheritance, when it was weary. 

10 Your congregation lived therein.

You, God, prepared your goodness for the poor. 

11 The Lord announced the word.

The ones who proclaim it are a great company. 

12 "Kings of armies flee! They flee!"

She who waits at home divides the spoil, 

13 While you sleep among the campfires,

The wings of a dove sheathed with silver,

Her feathers with shining gold. 

14 When Shaddai scattered kings in her,

It snowed on Tzalmon. 

15 The mountains of Bashan are majestic mountains.

The mountains of Bashan are rugged. 

16 Why do you look in envy, you rugged mountains,

At the mountain where God chooses to reign?

Yes, the LORD will dwell there forever. 

17 The chariots of God are tens of thousands and thousands of thousands.

The Lord is among them, from Sinai, into the sanctuary. 

18 You have ascended on high.

You have led away captives.

You have received gifts among men,

Yes, among the rebellious also,

that the LORD God might dwell there. 

19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears our burdens,

Even the God who is our salvation. Selah. 

20 God is to us a God of deliverance.

To the LORD, the Lord,

belongs escape from death. 

21 But God will strike through the head of his enemies,

The hairy scalp of such a one as still continues in his guiltiness. 

22 The Lord said, "I will bring you again from Bashan,

I will bring you again from the depths of the sea; 

23 That you may crush them, dipping your foot in blood,

That the tongues of your dogs may have their portion from your enemies." 

24 They have seen your goings, God,

Even the goings of my God, my King, into the sanctuary. 

25 The singers went before, the minstrels followed after,

In the midst of the ladies playing with timbrels, 

26"Bless God in the congregations,

Even the Lord in the assembly of Yisra'el!" 

27 There is little Binyamin, their ruler,

The princes of Yehudah, their council,

The princes of Zevulun, and the princes of Naftali. 

28 Your God has commanded your strength.

Strengthen, God, that which you have done for us. 

29 Because of your temple at Yerushalayim,

Kings shall bring presents to you. 

30 Rebuke the wild animal of the reeds,

The multitude of the bulls, with the calves of the peoples.

Being humbled, may it bring bars of silver.

Scatter the nations that delight in war. 

31 Princes shall come out of Mitzrayim.

Kush shall hurry to stretch out her hands to God. 

32 Sing to God, you kingdoms of the eretz!

Sing praises to the Lord!

Selah. 

33 To him who rides on the heaven of heavens, which are of old;

Behold, he utters his voice, a mighty voice. 

34 Ascribe strength to God!

His excellency is over Yisra'el,

His strength is in the skies. 

35 You are awesome, God, in your sanctuaries.

The God of Yisra'el gives strength and power to his people.

Praise be to God!



PSALMS: 98


1 Sing to the LORD a new song,

For he has done marvelous things!

His right hand, and his holy arm,

have worked salvation for him. 

2 The LORD has made known his yeshu`ah.

He has openly shown his righteousness in the sight of the nations. 

3 He has remembered his loving kindness

and his faithfulness toward the house of Yisra'el.

All the ends of the eretz have seen the yeshu`ah of our God. 

4 Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the eretz!

Burst out and sing for joy, yes, sing praises! 

5 Sing praises to the LORD with the harp,

With the harp and the voice of melody. 

6 With trumpets and sound of the ram's horn.

Make a joyful noise before the King, the LORD. 

7  Let the sea roar with its fullness;

The world, and those who dwell therein. 

8 Let the rivers clap their hands.

Let the mountains sing for joy together. 

9 Let them sing before the LORD,

For he comes to judge the eretz.

He will judge the world with righteousness,

And the peoples with equity.



PSALMS: 128


1 Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD,

Who walks in his ways. 

2 For you will eat the labor of your hands.

You will be happy, and it will be well with you. 

3 Your wife will be as a fruitful vine,

In the innermost parts of your house;

Your children like olive plants, Around your table. 

4 Behold, thus is the man blessed who fears the LORD. 

5 May the LORD bless you out of Tziyon,

And may you see the good of Yerushalayim all the days of your life. 

6 Yes, may you see your children's children.

Shalom be upon Yisra'el.



PROVERBS: 8


1 Doesn't wisdom cry out?

Doesn't understanding raise her voice?

2 On the top of high places by the way,

Where the paths meet, she stands. 

3 Beside the gates, at the entry of the city,

At the entry doors, she cries aloud: 

4 "To you men, I call!

I send my voice to the sons of mankind. 

5 You simple, understand prudence.

You fools, be of an understanding heart. 

6 Hear, for I will speak excellent things.

The opening of my lips is for right things. 

7 For my mouth speaks truth.

Wickedness is an abomination to my lips. 

8 All the words of my mouth are in righteousness.

There is nothing crooked or perverse in them. 

9 They are all plain to him who understands,

Right to those who find knowledge. 

10 Receive my instruction rather than silver;

Knowledge rather than choice gold. 

11 For wisdom is better than rubies.

All the things that may be desired can't be compared to it. 

12 "I, wisdom, have made prudence my dwelling.

Find out knowledge and discretion. 

13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil.

I hate pride, arrogance, the evil way, and the perverse mouth. 

14 Counsel and sound knowledge are mine.

I have understanding and power. 

15 By me kings reign,

And princes decree justice. 

16 By me princes rule; Nobles,

and all the righteous rulers of the eretz. 

17 I love those who love me.

Those who seek me diligently will find me. 

18 With me are riches, honor,

Enduring wealth, and prosperity. 

19 My fruit is better than gold, yes, than fine gold;

My yield than choice silver. 

20 I walk in the way of righteousness,

In the midst of the paths of justice; 

21 That I may give wealth to those who love me.

I fill their treasuries.

22 "The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his work,

Before his deeds of old. 

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning,

Before the eretz existed. 

24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth,
When there were no springs abounding with water. 

25 Before the mountains were settled in place,

Before the hills, I was brought forth; 

26 While as yet he had not made the eretz, nor the fields,

Nor the beginning of the dust of the world. 

27  When he established the heavens, I was there;

When he set a circle on the surface of the deep, 

28 When he established the clouds above,

When the springs of the deep became strong, 

29 When he gave to the sea its boundary,

That the waters should not violate his mitzvah,

When he marked out the foundations of the eretz; 

30 Then I was the craftsman by his side.

I was a delight day by day,

Always rejoicing before him, 

31 Rejoicing in his whole world.

My delight was with the sons of men. 

32 "Now therefore, my sons, listen to me,

For blessed are those who keep my ways. 

33 Hear instruction, and be wise, Don't refuse it. 

34 Blessed is the man who hears me,

Watching daily at my gates,

Waiting at my door posts. 

35 For whoever finds me, finds life,

And will obtain favor from the LORD. 

36 But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul.

All Those who hate me love death.”



OLD TESTAMENT: 2 CHRONICLES 21:1 - 23:21


21:1 Yehoshafat slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the city of David: and Yehoram his son reigned in his place. 2 He had brothers, the sons of Yehoshafat: `Azaryah, and Yechi'el, and Zekharyah, and `Azaryah, and Mikha'el, and Shefatyah; all these were the sons of Yehoshafat king of Yisra'el. 3 Their father gave them great gifts, of silver, and of gold, and of precious things, with fortified cities in Yehudah: but the kingdom gave he to Yehoram, because he was the firstborn. 4 Now when Yehoram was risen up over the kingdom of his father, and had strengthened himself, he killed all his brothers with the sword, and various also of the princes of Yisra'el. 5 Yehoram was thirty-two years old when he began to reign; and he reigned eight years in Yerushalayim. 6 He walked in the way of the kings of Yisra'el, as did the house of Ach'av; for he had the daughter of Ach'av as wife: and he did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD. 7 However the LORD would not destroy the house of David, because of the covenant that he had made with David, and as he promised to give a lamp to him and to his children always. 8 In his days Edom revolted from under the hand of Yehudah, and made a king over themselves. 9 Then Yehoram passed over with his captains, and all his chariots with him: and he rose up by night, and struck the Edom who surrounded him, along with the captains of the chariots. 10 So Edom revolted from under the hand of Yehudah to this day: then did Livna revolt at the same time from under his hand, because he had forsaken the LORD, the God of his fathers. 11 Moreover he made high places in the mountains of Yehudah, and made the inhabitants of Yerushalayim to play the prostitute, and led Yehudah astray. 12 There came a writing to him from Eliyah the prophet, saying, Thus says the LORD, the God of David your father, Because you have not walked in the ways of Yehoshafat your father, nor in the ways of Asa king of Yehudah, 13 but have walked in the way of the kings of Yisra'el, and have made Yehudah and the inhabitants of Yerushalayim to play the prostitute, like as the house of Ach'av did, and also have slain your brothers of your father's house, who were better than yourself: 14 behold, the LORD will strike with a great plague your people, and your children, and your wives, and all your substance; 15 and you shall have great sickness by disease of your bowels, until your bowels fall out by reason of the sickness, day by day. 16 The LORD stirred up against Yehoram the spirit of the Pelishtim, and of the `Aravi'im who are beside the Kushim: 17 and they came up against Yehudah, and broke into it, and carried away all the substance that was found in the king's house, and his sons also, and his wives; so that there was never a son left him, save Yeho'achaz, the youngest of his sons.18 After all this the LORD struck him in his bowels with an incurable disease. 19 It happened, in process of time, at the end of two years, that his bowels fell out by reason of his sickness, and he died of sore diseases. His people made no burning for him, like the burning of his fathers. 20 Thirty-two years old was he when he began to reign, and he reigned in Yerushalayim eight years: and he departed without being desired; and they buried him in the city of David, but not in the tombs of the kings.


22:1 The inhabitants of Yerushalayim made Achazyah his youngest son king in his place; for the band of men who came with the `Aravi'im to the camp had slain all the eldest. So Achazyah the son of Yehoram king of Yehudah reigned. 2 Forty-two years old was Achazyah when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Yerushalayim: and his mother's name was `Atalyah the daughter of `Omri. 3 He also walked in the ways of the house of Ach'av; for his mother was his counselor to do wickedly. 4 He did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD, as did the house of Ach'av; for they were his counselors after the death of his father, to his destruction. 5 He walked also after their counsel, and went with Yehoram the son of Ach'av king of Yisra'el to war against Haza'el king of Aram at Ramot-Gil`ad: and the Aram wounded Yoram. 6 He returned to be healed in Yizre`el of the wounds which they had given him at Ramah, when he fought against Haza'el king of Aram. `Azaryah the son of Yehoram king of Yehudah went down to see Yehoram the son of Ach'av in Yizre`el, because he was sick. 7  Now the destruction of Achazyah was of God, in that he went to Yoram: for when he was come, he went out with Yehoram against Yehu the son of Nimshi, whom the LORD had anointed to cut off the house of Ach'av. 8 It happened, when Yehu was executing judgment on the house of Ach'av, that he found the princes of Yehudah, and the sons of the brothers of Achazyah, ministering to Achazyah, and killed them. 9 He sought Achazyah, and they caught him (now he was hiding in Shomron), and they brought him to Yehu, and killed him; and they buried him, for they said, He is the son of Yehoshafat, who sought the LORD with all his heart. The house of Achazyah had no power to hold the kingdom. 10 Now when `Atalyah the mother of Achazyah saw that her son was dead, she arose and destroyed all the seed royal of the house of Yehudah. 11 But Yehoshav`at, the daughter of the king, took Yo'ash the son of Achazyah, and stole him away from among the king's sons who were slain, and put him and his nurse in the bedchamber. So Yehoshav`at, the daughter of king Yehoram, the wife of Yehoiada the Kohen (for she was the sister of Achazyah), hid him from `Atalyah, so that she didn't kill him. 12 He was with them hid in the house of God six years: and `Atalyah reigned over the land.


23:1 In the seventh year Yehoiada strengthened himself, and took the captains of hundreds, `Azaryah the son of Yerocham, and Yishma'el the son of Yehochanan, and `Azaryah the son of `Oved, and Ma`aseyah the son of `Adayah, and Elishaphat the son of Zikhri, into covenant with him. 2 They went about in Yehudah, and gathered the Levites out of all the cities of Yehudah, and the heads of fathers' [houses] of Yisra'el, and they came to Yerushalayim. 3 All the assembly made a covenant with the king in the house of God. He said to them, Behold, the king's son shall reign, as the LORD has spoken concerning the sons of David. 4 This is the thing that you shall do: a third part of you, who come in on the Shabbat, of the Kohanim and of the Levites, shall be porters of the thresholds 5 and a third part shall be at the king's house; and a third part at the gate of the foundation: and all the people shall be in the courts of the house of the LORD. 6 But let none come into the house of the LORD, save the Kohanim, and those who minister of the Levites; they shall come in, for they are holy: but all the people shall keep the charge of the LORD. 7  The Levites shall compass the king round about, every man with his weapons in his hand; and whoever comes into the house, let him be slain: and be you with the king when he comes in, and when he goes out. 8 So the Levites and all Yehudah did according to all that Yehoiada the Kohen commanded: and they took every man his men, those who were to come in on the Shabbat; with those who were to go out on the Shabbat; for Yehoiada the Kohen didn't dismiss the shift. 9 Yehoiada the Kohen delivered to the captains of hundreds the spears, and bucklers, and shields, that had been king David's, which were in the house of God. 10 He set all the people, every man with his weapon in his hand, from the right side of the house to the left side of the house, along by the altar and the house, by the king round about. 11 Then they brought out the king's son, and put the crown on him, and [gave him] the testimony, and made him king: and Yehoiada and his sons anointed him; and they said, [Long] live the king. 12  When `Atalyah heard the noise of the people running and praising the king, she came to the people into the house of the LORD: 13 and she looked, and, behold, the king stood by his pillar at the entrance, and the captains and the trumpets by the king; and all the people of the land rejoiced, and blew trumpets; the singers also [played] on instruments of music, and led the singing of praise. Then `Atalyah tore her clothes, and said, Treason! treason! 14 Yehoiada the Kohen brought out the captains of hundreds who were set over the host, and said to them, Have her forth between the ranks; and whoever follows her, let him be slain with the sword: for the Kohen said, Don't kill her in the house of the LORD 15 So they made way for her; and she went to the entrance of the horse gate to the king's house: and they killed her there. 16 Yehoiada made a covenant between himself, and all the people, and the king, that they should be the LORD's people. 17  All the people went to the house of Ba`al, and broke it down, and broke his altars and his images in pieces, and killed Mattan the Kohen of Ba`al before the altars. 18 Yehoiada appointed the officers of the house of the LORD under the hand of the Kohanim the Levites, whom David had distributed in the house of the LORD, to offer the burnt offerings of the LORD, as it is written in the law of Moshe, with rejoicing and with singing, according to the order of David. 19 He set the porters at the gates of the house of the LORD, that no one who was unclean in anything should enter in 20 He took the captains of hundreds, and the nobles, and the governors of the people, and all the people of the land, and brought down the king from the house of the LORD: and they came through the upper gate to the king's house, and set the king on the throne of the kingdom. 21 So all the people of the land rejoiced, and the city was quiet. `Atalyah they had slain with the sword



NEW TESTAMENT: ROMANS 11:13 - 36


11:13 For I speak to you who are Goyim. Since then as I am an apostle to Goyim, I glorify my ministry; 

14 if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh, and may save some of them. 

15 For if the rejection of them is the reconciling of the world, what would the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? 

16 If the first fruit is holy, so is the lump. If the root is holy, so are the branches. 

17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them, and became partaker with them of the root of the richness of the olive tree; 

18 don't boast over the branches. But if you boast, it is not you who bear the root, but the root you. 

19 You will say then, "Branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in." 

20 True; by their unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by your faith. Don't be conceited, but fear; 

21 for if God didn't spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. 

22 See then the goodness and severity of God. Toward those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in his goodness; otherwise you also will be cut off. 

23 They also, if they don't continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 

24 For if you were cut out of that which is by nature a wild olive tree, and were grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree, how much more will these, which are the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree? 

25 For I don't desire, brothers, to have you ignorant of this mystery, so that you won't be wise in your own conceits, that a hardening in part has happened to Yisra'el, until the fullness of the Goyim has come in, 

26 and so all Yisra'el will be saved. Even as it is written, "There will come out of Tziyon the Deliverer, And he will turn away ungodliness from Ya`akov. 

27  This is my covenant to them, When I will take away their sins." 

28 Concerning the Good News, they are enemies for your sake. But concerning the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sake. 

29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 

30 For as you in time past were disobedient to God, but now have obtained mercy by their disobedience, 

31 even so these also have now been disobedient, that by the mercy shown to you they may also obtain mercy. 

32 For God has shut up all to disobedience, that he might have mercy on all.

33 Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and the knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past tracing out! 

34 "For who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?" 

35 "Or who has first given to him, And it will be repaid to him again?" 

36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things. To him be the glory for ever! Amein.


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment