Tuesday, May 24, 2022

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation – May 24 – Full Text – Happy Birthday Bubbles Horowitz!

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 














MAY 24



PSALMS: 24, 54, 84, 114, 144


PROVERBS: 24


OLD TESTAMENT: NEHEMIAH 5:14 - 7:36a


NEW TESTAMENT: 1 CORINTHIANS 8:1 - 13



PSALMS: 24


1 The eretz is the LORD's, with its fullness;

The world, and those who dwell therein. 

2 For he has founded it on the seas,

And established it on the floods. 

3 Who may ascend to the LORD's hill?

Who may stand in his holy place? 

4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart;

Who has not lifted up his soul to falsehood,

And has not sworn deceitfully. 

5 He shall receive a blessing from the LORD,

Righteousness from the God of his salvation. 

6 This is the generation of those who seek Him,

Who seek your face -- even Ya`akov.

Selah. 

7 Lift up your heads, you gates;

Be lifted up, you everlasting doors:

The King of glory will come in. 

8 Who is the King of glory?

The LORD strong and mighty,

The LORD mighty in battle.

9 Lift up your heads, you gates;

Yes, lift them up, you everlasting doors:

The King of glory will come in. 

10 Who is this King of glory?

The LORD of Hosts,

He is the King of glory.

Selah.



PSALMS: 54


1 Save me, God, by your name.

Vindicate me in your might. 

2 Hear my prayer, God.

Listen to the words of my mouth. 

3 For strangers have risen up against me.

Violent men have sought after my soul.

They haven't set God before them.

Selah. 

4 Behold, God is my helper.

The Lord is the one who sustains my soul. 

5 He will repay the evil to my enemies.

Destroy them in your truth. 

6 With a free will offering, I will sacrifice to you.

I will give thanks to your name, LORD, for it is good. 

7 For he has delivered me out of all trouble.

My eye has seen triumph over my enemies.



PSALMS: 84


1 How lovely are your dwellings,

LORD of Hosts! 

2 My soul longs, and even faints for the courts of the LORD.

My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. 

3 Yes, the sparrow has found a home,

And the swallow a nest for herself,

where she may have her young,

Near your altars, LORD of Hosts,

My King, and my God. 

4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house.

They are always praising you. Selah. 

5 Blessed is the man whose strength is in you;

Who have set their hearts on a pilgrimage. 

6 Passing through the valley of Weeping,

they make it a place of springs.

Yes, the autumn rain covers it with blessings. 

7 They go from strength to strength.

Everyone of them appears before God in Tziyon. 

8 LORD, God Tzva'ot, hear my prayer.

Listen, God of Ya`akov.

Selah. 

9 Behold, God our shield,

Look at the face of your anointed. 

10 For a day in your courts is better than a thousand.

I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God,

Than to dwell in the tents of wickedness. 

11 For the LORD God is a sun and a shield.

The LORD will give grace and glory.

He withholds no good thing from those who walk blamelessly. 

12 LORD of Hosts,

Blessed is the man who trusts in you.



PSALMS: 114


1 When Yisra'el went forth out of Mitzrayim,

The house of Ya`akov from a people of foreign language; 

2 Yehudah became his sanctuary,

Yisra'el his dominion. 

3 The sea saw it, and fled.

The Yarden was driven back. 

4 The mountains skipped like rams,

The little hills like lambs. 

5 What was it, you sea, that you fled?

You Yarden, that you turned back? 

6 You mountains, that you skipped like rams;

You little hills, like lambs? 

7 Tremble, you eretz, at the presence of the Lord,

At the presence of the God of Ya`akov, 

8 Who turned the rock into a pool of water,

The flint into a spring of waters.



PSALMS: 144


1 Blessed be the LORD, my rock,

Who teaches my hands to war,

And my fingers to battle: 

2 My loving kindness, my fortress,

My high tower, my deliverer,

My shield, and he in whom I take refuge;

Who subdues my people under me. 

3 LORD, what is man, that you care for him?

Or the son of man, that you think of him? 

4 Man is like a breath.

His days are like a shadow that passes away. 

5 Part your heavens, LORD, and come down.

Touch the mountains, and they will smoke. 

6 Throw out lightning, and scatter them.

Send out your arrows, and rout them. 

7 Stretch out your hand from above,

Rescue me, and deliver me out of great waters,

Out of the hands of foreigners; 

8 Whose mouths speak deceit,

Whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood. 

9 I will sing a new song to you, God.

On a ten-stringed lyre,

I will sing praises to you. 

10 You are he who gives salvation to kings,

Who rescues David, his servant, from the deadly sword. 

11 Rescue me, and deliver me out of the hands of foreigners,

Whose mouths speak deceit,

Whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood. 

12 Then our sons will be like well-nurtured plants,

Our daughters like pillars carved to adorn a palace. 

13 Our barns are full, filled with all kinds of provision.

Our sheep bring forth thousands and ten thousands in our fields. 

14 Our oxen will pull heavy loads.

There is no breaking in, and no going away,

And no outcry in our streets. 

15 Happy are the people who are in such a situation.

Happy are the people whose God is the LORD.



PROVERBS: 24


1 Don't you be envious against evil men;

Neither desire to be with them: 

2 For their hearts plot violence,

And their lips talk about mischief. 

3 Through wisdom a house is built;

By understanding it is established; 

4 By knowledge the rooms are filled

With all rare and beautiful treasure. 

5 A wise man has great power;

And a knowledgeable man increases strength; 

6 For by wise guidance you wage your war;

And victory is in many advisors. 

7 Wisdom is too high for a fool:

He doesn't open his mouth in the gate. 

8 One who plots to do evil

Will be called a schemer. 

9 The schemes of folly are sin.

The mocker is detested by men. 

10 If you falter in the time of trouble,

Your strength is small. 

11 Rescue those who are being led away to death!

Indeed, hold back those who are staggering to the slaughter! 

12 If you say,

"Behold, we didn't know this;"

Doesn't he who weighs the hearts consider it?

He who keeps your soul, doesn't he know it?

Shall he not render to every man according to his work?

13 My son, eat honey, for it is good;

The droppings of the honeycomb, which are sweet to your taste: 

14 So you shall know wisdom to be to your soul;

If you have found it, then will there be a reward,

Your hope will not be cut off. 

15 Don't lay in wait, wicked man, against the habitation of the righteous.

Don't destroy his resting-place: 

16 For a righteous man falls seven times, and rises up again;

But the wicked are overthrown by calamity. 

17 Don't rejoice when your enemy falls.

Don't let your heart be glad when he is overthrown;

18 Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him,

And he turn away his wrath from him. 

19 Don't fret yourself because of evildoers;

Neither be envious of the wicked: 

20 For there will be no reward to the evil man;

And the lamp of the wicked shall be snuffed out. 

21 My son, fear the LORD and the king.

Don't join those who are rebellious: 

22 For their calamity will rise suddenly;

The destruction from them both -- who knows? 

23 These also are sayings of the wise.

To show partiality in judgment is not good. 

24 He who says to the wicked, "You are righteous;"

Peoples shall curse him, and nations shall abhor him -- 

25 But it will go well with those who convict the guilty,

And a rich blessing will come on them. 

26 An honest answer Is like a kiss on the lips. 

27 Prepare your work outside.

Make it ready for you in the field.

Afterwards, build your house. 

28 Don't be a witness against your neighbor without cause.

Don't deceive with your lips.

29 Don't say, "I will do to him as he has done to me;

I will render to the man according to his work." 

30 I went by the field of the sluggard,

By the vineyard of the man void of understanding; 

31 Behold, it was all grown over with thorns.

Its surface was covered with nettles,

And its stone wall was broken down. 

32 Then I saw, and considered well.

I saw, and received instruction: 

33 A little sleep, a little slumber,

A little folding of the hands to sleep; 

34 So shall your poverty come as a robber,

And your want as an armed man.



OLD TESTAMENT: NEHEMIAH 5:14 - 7:36a


5:14 Moreover from the time that I was appointed to be their governor in the land of Yehudah, from the twentieth year even to the two and thirtieth year of Artachshasta the king, [that is], twelve years, I and my brothers have not eaten the bread of the governor. 15 But the former governors who were before me were chargeable to the people, and took of them bread and wine, besides forty shekels of silver; yes, even their servants bore rule over the people: but I didn't do so, because of the fear of God. 16 Yes, also I continued in the work of this wall, neither bought we any land: and all my servants were gathered there to the work. 17 Moreover there were at my table, of the Yehudim and the rulers, one hundred fifty men, besides those who came to us from among the nations that were round about us. 18 Now that which was prepared for one day was one ox and six choice sheep; also fowls were prepared for me, and once in ten days store of all sorts of wine: yet for all this I didn't demand the bread of the governor, because the bondage was heavy on this people. 19 Remember to me, my God, for good, all that I have done for this people.



6:1 Now it happened, when it was reported to Sanvallat and Toviyah, and to Geshem the `Arvian, and to the rest of our enemies, that I had built the wall, and that there was no breach left therein; (though even to that time I had not set up the doors in the gates;) 2 that Sanvallat and Geshem sent to me, saying, Come, let us meet together in [one of] the villages in the plain of Ono. But they thought to do me mischief. 3 I sent messengers to them, saying, I am doing a great work, so that I can't come down: why should the work cease, while I leave it, and come down to you? 4 They sent to me four times after this sort; and I answered them after the same manner. 5 Then sent Sanvallat his servant to me in like manner the fifth time with an open letter in his hand, 6 in which was written, It is reported among the nations, and Gashmu says it, that you and the Yehudim think to rebel; for which cause you are building the wall: and you would be their king, according to these words. 7  You have also appointed prophets to preach of you at Yerushalayim, saying, There is a king in Yehudah: and now shall it be reported to the king according to these words. Come now therefore, and let us take counsel together. 8 Then I sent to him, saying, There are no such things done as you say, but you feign them out of your own heart. 9 For they all would have made us afraid, saying, Their hands shall be weakened from the work, that it not be done. But now, [God], strengthen you my hands. 10 I went to the house of Shemayah the son of Delayah the son of Mehetav'el, who was shut up; and he said, Let us meet together in the house of God, within the temple, and let us shut the doors of the temple: for they will come to kill you; yes, in the night will they come to kill you. 11 I said, Should such a man as I flee? and who is there that, being such as I, would go into the temple to save his life? I will not go in. 12 I discerned, and, behold, God had not sent him; but he pronounced this prophecy against me: and Toviyah and Sanvallat had hired him. 13 For this cause was he hired, that I should be afraid, and do so, and sin, and that they might have matter for an evil report, that they might reproach me. 14 Remember, my God, Toviyah and Sanvallat according to these their works, and also the prophetess No`adyah, and the rest of the prophets, that would have put me in fear. 15 So the wall was finished in the twenty-fifth [day] of [the month] Elul, in fifty-two days. 16 It happened, when all our enemies heard [of it], that all the nations that were about us feared, and were much cast down in their own eyes; for they perceived that this work was worked of our God. 

17  Moreover in those days the nobles of Yehudah sent many letters to Toviyah, and [the letters] of Toviyah came to them. 18 For there were many in Yehudah sworn to him, because he was the son-in-law of Shekhanyahu the son of Arach; and his son Yehochanan had taken the daughter of Meshullam the son of Berekhyah as wife. 19 Also they spoke of his good deeds before me, and reported my words to him. Toviyah sent letters to put me in fear.



7:1 Now it happened, when the wall was built, and I had set up the doors, and the porters and the singers and the Levites were appointed, 2 that I gave my brother Hanani, and Hananyah the governor of the castle, charge over Yerushalayim; for he was a faithful man, and feared God above many. 3 I said to them, Don't let the gates of Yerushalayim be opened until the sun be hot; and while they stand [on guard], let them shut the doors, and bar you them: and appoint watches of the inhabitants of Yerushalayim, everyone in his watch, and everyone [to be] over against his house. 4 Now the city was wide and large; but the people were few therein, and the houses were not built. 5 My God put into my heart to gather together the nobles, and the rulers, and the people, that they might be reckoned by genealogy. I found the book of the genealogy of those who came up at the first, and I found written therein: 6 These are the children of the province, who went up out of the captivity of those who had been carried away, whom Nevukhadnetztzar the king of Bavel had carried away, and who returned to Yerushalayim and to Yehudah, everyone to his city; 7 who came with Zerubbavel, Yeshua, Nechemyah, `Azaryah, Ra`amyah, Nachamani, Mordekhai, Bilshan, Misperet, Bigvai, Nechum, Ba`anah. The number of the men of the people of Yisra'el: 8 The children of Par`osh, two thousand one hundred seventy-two. 9 The children of Shefatyah, three hundred seventy-two. 10 The children of Arach, six hundred fifty-two. 11 The children of Pachat-Mo'av, of the children of Yeshua and Yo'av, two thousand eight hundred [and] eighteen. 12 The children of `Elam, one thousand two hundred fifty-four. 13 The children of Zattu, eight hundred forty-five. 14 The children of Zakkai, seven hundred sixty. 15 The children of Binnui, six hundred forty-eight. 16 The children of Bevai, six hundred twenty-eight. 17  The children of Azgad, two thousand three hundred twenty-two. 18 The children of Adonikam, six hundred sixty-seven. 19 The children of Bigvai, two thousand sixty-seven. 20 The children of `Adin, six hundred fifty-five. 21  The children of Ater, of Hizkiyahu, ninety-eight. 22 The children of Hashum, three hundred Twenty-eight. 23 The children of Betzai, three hundred twenty-four. 24 The children of Harif, one hundred twelve. 25 The children of Giv`on, ninety-five. 26 The men of Beit-Lechem and Netofah, one hundred eighty-eight. 27 The men of `Anatot, one hundred twenty-eight. 28 The men of Beit-`Azmavet, forty-two. 29 The men of Kiryat-Ye`arim, Kefirah, and Be'erot, seven hundred forty-three. 30 The men of Ramah and Geva, six hundred twenty-one. 31 The men of Mikhmas, one hundred and twenty-two. 32 The men of Beit-El and `Ai, a hundred twenty-three. 33 The men of the other Nevo, fifty-two. 34 The children of the other `Elam, one thousand two hundred fifty-four. 35 The children of Harim, three hundred twenty. 36 The children of Yericho, three hundred forty-five.



NEW TESTAMENT: 1 CORINTHIANS 8:1 - 13


8:1 Now concerning things sacrificed to idols: We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. 

2 But if anyone thinks that he knows anything, he doesn't yet know as he ought to know. 

3 But if anyone loves God, the same is known by him. 

4 Therefore concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that no idol is anything in the world, and that there is no other God but one. 

5 For though there are things that are called "gods," whether in the heavens or on eretz; as there are many "gods" and many "lords;" 

6 yet to us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we to him; and one Lord, Yeshua the Messiah, through whom are all things, and we through him. 

7 However, that knowledge isn't in all men. But some, being used until now to the idol, eat as of a thing sacrificed to an idol, and their conscience, being weak, is defiled. 

8 But food will not commend us to God. For neither, if we don't eat, are we the worse; nor, if we eat, are we the better. 

9 But be careful that by any means this liberty of yours doesn't become a stumbling block to the weak. 

10 For if a man sees you who have knowledge sitting in an idol's temple, won't his conscience, if he is weak, be emboldened to eat things sacrificed to idols? 

11 And through your knowledge, he who is weak perishes, the brother for whose sake Messiah died. 

12 Thus, sinning against the brothers, and wounding their conscience when it is weak, you sin against Messiah. 

13 Therefore, if food causes my brother to stumble, I will eat no meat forevermore, that I don't cause my brother to stumble.


John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment