Friday, February 23, 2024

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - October 9 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 












OCTOBER 9


PSALMS:   9, 39, 69, 99, 129

PROVERBS:  9

OLD TESTAMENT:  ZECHARIAH 14:1 - 21

NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATIONS 20:1 - 15


PSALMS:  9

1 I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart. 
I will tell of all your marvelous works. 
2 I will be glad and rejoice in you. 
I will sing praise to your name, O Elyon. 
3 When my enemies turn back, 
They stumble and perish in your presence. 
4 For you have maintained my right and my cause. 
You sit on the throne judging righteously. 
5 You have rebuked the nations. 
You have destroyed the wicked. 
You have blotted out their name forever and ever. 
6 The enemy is overtaken by endless ruin. 
The very memory of the cities which you have overthrown has perished. 
7 But the LORD reigns forever. 
He has prepared his throne for judgment. 
8 He will judge the world in righteousness. 
He will administer judgment to the peoples in uprightness. 
9 The LORD will also be a high tower for the oppressed; 
A high tower in times of trouble. 
10 Those who know your name will put their trust in you, 
For you, LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you. 
11 Sing praises to the LORD, who dwells in Tziyon, 
And declare among the people what he has done.
12 For he who avenges blood remembers them. 
He doesn't forget the cry of the afflicted. 
13 Have mercy on me, LORD. 
See my affliction by those who hate me, 
And lift me up from the gates of death; 
14 That I may show forth all your praise. 
In the gates of the daughter of Tziyon I will rejoice in your salvation. 
15 The nations have sunk down in the pit that they made; 
In the net which they hid, their own foot is taken. 
16 The LORD has made himself known. 
He has executed judgment. 
The wicked is snared by the work of his own hands. 
Meditation. 
Selah. 
17  The wicked shall be turned back to She'ol, 
Even all the nations that forget God. 
18 For the needy shall not always be forgotten, 
Nor the hope of the poor perish forever. 
19 Arise, LORD! Don't let man prevail. 
Let the nations be judged in your sight. 
20 Put them in fear, LORD. 
Let the nations know that they are only men. 
Selah.


PSALMS:  39

1 I said, "I will watch my ways, so that I don't sin with my tongue. 
I will keep my mouth with a bridle while the wicked is before me." 
2 I was mute with silence. 
I held my shalom, even from good. 
My sorrow was stirred. 
3 My heart was hot within me. 
While I meditated, the fire burned: 
I spoke with my tongue: 
4 "LORD, make me to know my end, 
What is the measure of my days. 
Let me know how frail I am. 
5 Behold, you have made my days hand breadths. 
My lifetime is as nothing before you. 
Surely every man stands as a breath." 
Selah. 
6"Surely every man walks like a shadow. 
Surely they busy themselves in vain. 
He heaps up, and doesn't know who shall gather. 
7 Now, Lord, what do I wait for? 
My hope is in you. 
8 Deliver me from all my transgressions. 
Don't make me the reproach of the foolish. 
9 I was mute, I didn't open my mouth, 
Because you did it. 
10 Remove your scourge away from me. 
I am overcome by the blow of your hand. 
11 When you rebuke and correct man for iniquity, 
You consume his wealth like a moth. 
Surely every man is but a breath." 
Selah. 
12 "Hear my prayer, LORD, 
and give ear to my cry. 
Don't be silent at my tears. 
For I am a stranger with you, 
A sojourner, as all my fathers were. 
13 Oh spare me, that I may recover strength, 
Before I go away, and be no more."


PSALMS:  69

1 Save me, God, 
For the waters have come up to my neck! 
2 I sink in deep mire, where there is no foothold. 
I have come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me. 
3 I am weary with my crying. 
My throat is dry. 
My eyes fail, looking for my God. 
4 Those who hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of my head. 
Those who want to cut me off, being my enemies wrongfully, are mighty. 
I have to restore what I didn't take away. 
5 God, you know my foolishness. 
My sins aren't hidden from you. 
6 Don't let those who wait for you be put to shame through me, 
Lord GOD of Hosts. 
Don't let those who seek you be brought to dishonor through me, 
God of Yisra'el. 
7 Because for your sake, I have borne reproach. 
Shame has covered my face. 
8 I have become a stranger to my brothers, 
An alien to my mother's children. 
9 For the zeal of your house consumes me. 
The reproaches of those who reproach you have fallen on me. 
10 When I wept and I fasted, 
That was to my reproach. 
11 When I made sackcloth my clothing, 
I became a byword to them. 
12 Those who sit in the gate talk about me. 
I am the song of the drunkards. 
13 But as for me, my prayer is to you, LORD, in an acceptable time. 
God, in the abundance of your loving kindness, 
answer me in the truth of your salvation. 
14 Deliver me out of the mire, and don't let me sink. 
Let me be delivered from those who hate me, and out of the deep waters.
15 Don't let the flood waters overwhelm me, 
Neither let the deep swallow me up. 
Don't let the pit shut its mouth on me. 
16 Answer me, LORD, for your loving kindness is good. 
According to the multitude of your tender mercies, turn to me. 
17 Don't hide your face from your servant, For I am in distress. 
Answer me speedily! 
18 Draw near to my soul, and redeem it. 
Ransom me because of my enemies. 
19 You know my reproach, my shame, and my dishonor. 
My adversaries are all before you. 
20 Reproach has broken my heart, and I am full of heaviness. 
I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; 
For comforters, but I found none. 
21 They also gave me gall for my food. 
In my thirst, they gave me vinegar to drink.
22 Let their table before them become a snare. 
May it become a retribution and a trap. 
23 Let their eyes be darkened, so that they can't see. 
Make their loins continually to shake. 
24 Pour out your indignation on them. 
Let the fierceness of your anger overtake them.
25 Let their habitation be desolate. 
Let no one dwell in their tents.
26 For they persecute him whom you have wounded. 
They tell of the sorrow of those whom you have hurt. 
27 Charge them with crime upon crime. 
Don't let them come into your righteousness. 
28 Let them be blotted out of the book of life, 
And not be written with the righteous. 
29 But I am in pain and distress. 
Let your yeshu`ah, God, protect me. 
30 I will praise the name of God with a song, 
And will magnify him with thanksgiving. 
31 It will please the LORD better than an ox, 
Or a bull that has horns and hoofs. 
32 The humble have seen it, and are glad. 
You who seek after God, let your heart live. 
33 For the LORD hears the needy, 
And doesn't despise his captive people. 
34 Let heaven and eretz praise him; 
The seas, and everything that moves therein! 
35 For God will save Tziyon, and build the cities of Yehudah. 
They shall settle there, and own it. 
36 The children also of his servants shall inherit it. 
Those who love his name shall dwell therein.


PSALMS:  99

1 The LORD reigns! 
Let the peoples tremble. 
He sits enthroned among the Keruvim. 
Let the eretz be moved. 
2 The LORD is great in Tziyon. 
He is high above all the peoples. 
3 Let them praise your great and awesome name. 
He is Holy! 
4 The King's strength also loves justice. 
You do establish equity. 
You execute justice and righteousness in Ya`akov. 
5 Exalt the LORD our God. 
Worship at his footstool. 
He is Holy! 
6 Moshe and Aharon were among his Kohanim, 
Shemu'el among those who call on his name; 
They called on the LORD, and he answered them. 
7 He spoke to them in the pillar of cloud. 
They kept his testimonies, 
The statute that he gave them. 
8 You answered them, LORD our God. 
You are a God who forgave them, 
Although you took vengeance for their doings. 
9 Exalt the LORD, our God. 
Worship at his holy hill, 
For the LORD, our God, is holy!


PSALMS:  129

1 Many times have they afflicted me from my youth up. 
Let Yisra'el now say, 
2 Many times have they afflicted me from my youth up, 
Yet they have not prevailed against me. 
3 The plowers plowed on my back. 
They made their furrows long. 
4 The LORD is righteous. 
He has cut apart the cords of the wicked. 
5 Let them be put to shame and turned backward, 
All those who hate Tziyon. 
6 Let them be as the grass on the housetops, 
Which withers before it grows up; 
7 With which the reaper doesn't fill his hand, 
Nor he who binds sheaves, his bosom. 
8 Neither do those who go by say, 
"The blessing of the LORD be on you. 
We bless you in the name of the LORD."


PROVERBS:  9

1 Wisdom has built her house. 
She has carved out her seven pillars.
2 She has prepared her meat. 
She has mixed her wine. 
She has also set her table. 
3 She has sent out her maidens. 
She cries from the highest places of the city: 
4 "Whoever is simple, let him turn in here!" 
As for him who is void of understanding, she says to him, 
5 "Come, eat some of my bread, 
Drink some of the wine which I have mixed! 
6 Leave your simple ways, and live. 
Walk in the way of understanding." 
7 He who corrects a mocker invites insult. 
He who reproves a wicked man invites abuse. 
8 Don't reprove a scoffer, lest he hate you. 
Reprove a wise man, and he will love you. 
9 Instruct a wise man, and he will be still wiser. 
Teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning. 
10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom. 
The knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. 
11 For by me your days will be multiplied. 
The years of your life will be increased. 
12 If you are wise, you are wise for yourself. 
If you mock, you alone will bear it. 
13 The foolish woman is loud, 
Undisciplined, and knows nothing. 
14 She sits at the door of her house, 
On a seat in the high places of the city, 
15 To call to those who pass by, 
Who go straight on their ways, 
16 "Whoever is simple, let him turn in here." 
As for him who is void of understanding, she says to him, 
17 "Stolen water is sweet. 
Food eaten in secret is pleasant." 
18 But he doesn't know that the dead are there, 
That her guests are in the depths of She'ol.


OLD TESTAMENT:  ZECHARIAH 14:1 - 21

1 Behold, a day of the LORD comes, when your spoil will be divided in your midst. 
2 For I will gather all nations against Yerushalayim to battle; and the city will be taken, the houses rifled, and the women ravished. half of the city will go out into captivity, and the rest of the people will not be cut off from the city. 
3 Then the LORD will go out and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4 His feet will stand in that day on the Mount of Olives, which is before Yerushalayim on the east; and the Mount of Olives will be split in two, from east to west, making a very great valley. Half of the mountain will move toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5 You shall flee by the valley of my mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach to Atzel; yes, you shall flee, just like you fled from before the earthquake in the days of `Uzziyah king of Yehudah. The LORD my God will come, and all the holy ones with you. 
6 It will happen in that day, that there will not be light, cold, or frost. 
7  It will be a unique day which is known to the LORD; not day, and not night; but it will come to pass, that at evening time there will be light.
8 It will happen in that day, that living waters will go out from Yerushalayim; half of them toward the eastern sea, and half of them toward the western sea; in summer and in winter will it be. 
9 The LORD will be King over all the eretz. In that day the LORD will be one, and his name one. 
10 All the land will be made like the `Aravah, from Geva to Rimmon south of Yerushalayim; and she will be lifted up, and will dwell in her place, from Binyamin's gate to the place of the first gate, to the corner gate, and from the tower of Hanan'el to the king's wine-presses. 
11 Men will dwell therein, and there will be no more curse; but Yerushalayim will dwell safely. 
12 This will be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the peoples who have warred against Yerushalayim: their flesh will consume away while they stand on their feet, and their eyes will consume away in their sockets, and their tongue will consume away in their mouth. 
13 It will happen in that day, that a great panic from the LORD will be among them; and they will lay hold everyone on the hand of his neighbor, and his hand will rise up against the hand of his neighbor. 
14 Yehudah also will fight at Yerushalayim; and the wealth of all the surrounding nations will be gathered together: gold, and silver, and clothing, in great abundance. 
15 So will be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the donkey, and of all the animals that will be in those camps, as that plague. 
16 It will happen that everyone who is left of all the nations that came against Yerushalayim will go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of Hosts, and to keep the feast of booths. 
17 It will be, that whoever of all the families of the eretz doesn't go up to Yerushalayim to worship the King, the LORD of Hosts, on them there will be no rain. 
18 If the family of Mitzrayim doesn't go up, and doesn't come, neither will it rain on them. This will be the plague with which the LORD will strike the nations that don't go up to keep the feast of booths. 
19 This will be the punishment of Mitzrayim, and the punishment of all the nations that don't go up to keep the feast of booths. 
20 In that day there will be on the bells of the horses, "HOLY TO THE LORD;" and the pots in the LORD's house will be like the bowls before the altar. 
21 Yes, every pot in Yerushalayim and in Yehudah will be holy to the LORD of Hosts; and all those who sacrifice will come and take of them, and cook in them. In that day there will no longer be a Kana`ani in the house of the LORD of Hosts.


NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATIONS 20:1 - 15

The Thousand Years
1  And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 
2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 
3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time. 
4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 
5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 
6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.
The Judgment of Satan
7  When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 
8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 
9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 
10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
The Judgment of the Dead
11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 
12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 
13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 
14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 
15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment