Thursday, February 22, 2024

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation -September 24 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 













SEPTEMBER 24


PSALMS:   24, 54, 84, 114, 144

PROVERBS:  24

OLD TESTAMENT:  JONAH 1:1 - 4:11

NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATION 5:1 - 14


PSALMS:  24

1 The eretz is the LORD's, with its fullness; 
The world, and those who dwell therein. 
2 For he has founded it on the seas, 
And established it on the floods. 
3 Who may ascend to the LORD's hill? 
Who may stand in his holy place? 
4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart; 
Who has not lifted up his soul to falsehood, 
And has not sworn deceitfully. 
5 He shall receive a blessing from the LORD, 
Righteousness from the God of his salvation. 
6 This is the generation of those who seek Him, 
Who seek your face --  even Ya`akov. 
Selah. 
7 Lift up your heads, you gates; 
Be lifted up, you everlasting doors: 
The King of glory will come in. 
8 Who is the King of glory? 
The LORD strong and mighty, 
The LORD mighty in battle.
9 Lift up your heads, you gates; 
Yes, lift them up, you everlasting doors: 
The King of glory will come in. 
10 Who is this King of glory? 
The LORD of Hosts, 
He is the King of glory. 
Selah.


PSALMS:  54

1 Save me, God, by your name. 
Vindicate me in your might. 
2 Hear my prayer, God. 
Listen to the words of my mouth. 
3 For strangers have risen up against me. 
Violent men have sought after my soul. 
They haven't set God before them. 
Selah. 
4 Behold, God is my helper. 
The Lord is the one who sustains my soul. 
5 He will repay the evil to my enemies. 
Destroy them in your truth. 
6 With a free will offering, I will sacrifice to you. 
I will give thanks to your name, LORD, for it is good. 
7 For he has delivered me out of all trouble. 
My eye has seen triumph over my enemies.


PSALMS:  84

1 How lovely are your dwellings, 
LORD of Hosts! 
2 My soul longs, and even faints for the courts of the LORD. 
My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. 
3 Yes, the sparrow has found a home, 
And the swallow a nest for herself, 
where she may have her young, 
Near your altars, LORD of Hosts, 
My King, and my God. 
4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house. 
They are always praising you. Selah. 
5 Blessed is the man whose strength is in you; 
Who have set their hearts on a pilgrimage. 
6 Passing through the valley of Weeping, 
they make it a place of springs. 
Yes, the autumn rain covers it with blessings. 
7 They go from strength to strength. 
Everyone of them appears before God in Tziyon. 
8 LORD, God Tzva'ot, hear my prayer. 
Listen, God of Ya`akov. 
Selah. 
9 Behold, God our shield, 
Look at the face of your anointed. 
10 For a day in your courts is better than a thousand. 
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, 
Than to dwell in the tents of wickedness. 
11 For the LORD God is a sun and a shield. 
The LORD will give grace and glory. 
He withholds no good thing from those who walk blamelessly. 
12 LORD of Hosts, 
Blessed is the man who trusts in you.


PSALMS:  114

1 When Yisra'el went forth out of Mitzrayim, 
The house of Ya`akov from a people of foreign language; 
2 Yehudah became his sanctuary, 
Yisra'el his dominion. 
3 The sea saw it, and fled. 
The Yarden was driven back. 
4 The mountains skipped like rams, 
The little hills like lambs. 
5 What was it, you sea, that you fled? 
You Yarden, that you turned back? 
6 You mountains, that you skipped like rams; 
You little hills, like lambs? 
7 Tremble, you eretz, at the presence of the Lord, 
At the presence of the God of Ya`akov, 
8 Who turned the rock into a pool of water, 
The flint into a spring of waters.


PSALMS:  144

1 Blessed be the LORD, my rock, 
Who teaches my hands to war, 
And my fingers to battle: 
2 My loving kindness, my fortress, 
My high tower, my deliverer, 
My shield, and he in whom I take refuge; 
Who subdues my people under me. 
3 LORD, what is man, that you care for him? 
Or the son of man, that you think of him? 
4 Man is like a breath. 
His days are like a shadow that passes away. 
5 Part your heavens, LORD, and come down. 
Touch the mountains, and they will smoke. 
6 Throw out lightning, and scatter them. 
Send out your arrows, and rout them. 
7 Stretch out your hand from above, 
Rescue me, and deliver me out of great waters, 
Out of the hands of foreigners; 
8 Whose mouths speak deceit, 
Whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood. 
9 I will sing a new song to you, God. 
On a ten-stringed lyre, 
I will sing praises to you. 
10 You are he who gives salvation to kings, 
Who rescues David, his servant, from the deadly sword. 
11 Rescue me, and deliver me out of the hands of foreigners, 
Whose mouths speak deceit, 
Whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood. 
12 Then our sons will be like well-nurtured plants, 
Our daughters like pillars carved to adorn a palace. 
13 Our barns are full, filled with all kinds of provision. 
Our sheep bring forth thousands and ten thousands in our fields. 
14 Our oxen will pull heavy loads. 
There is no breaking in, and no going away, 
And no outcry in our streets. 
15 Happy are the people who are in such a situation. 
Happy are the people whose God is the LORD.


PROVERBS:   24

1 Don't you be envious against evil men; 
Neither desire to be with them: 
2 For their hearts plot violence, 
And their lips talk about mischief. 
3 Through wisdom a house is built; 
By understanding it is established; 
4 By knowledge the rooms are filled 
With all rare and beautiful treasure. 
5 A wise man has great power; 
And a knowledgeable man increases strength; 
6 For by wise guidance you wage your war; 
And victory is in many advisors. 
7 Wisdom is too high for a fool: 
He doesn't open his mouth in the gate. 
8 One who plots to do evil 
Will be called a schemer. 
9 The schemes of folly are sin. 
The mocker is detested by men. 
10 If you falter in the time of trouble, 
Your strength is small. 
11 Rescue those who are being led away to death! 
Indeed, hold back those who are staggering to the slaughter! 
12 If you say, 
"Behold, we didn't know this;" 
Doesn't he who weighs the hearts consider it? 
He who keeps your soul, doesn't he know it? 
Shall he not render to every man according to his work?
13 My son, eat honey, for it is good; 
The droppings of the honeycomb, which are sweet to your taste: 
14 So you shall know wisdom to be to your soul; 
If you have found it, then will there be a reward, 
Your hope will not be cut off. 
15 Don't lay in wait, wicked man, against the habitation of the righteous. 
Don't destroy his resting-place: 
16 For a righteous man falls seven times, and rises up again; 
But the wicked are overthrown by calamity. 
17 Don't rejoice when your enemy falls. 
Don't let your heart be glad when he is overthrown;
18 Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, 
And he turn away his wrath from him. 
19 Don't fret yourself because of evildoers; 
Neither be envious of the wicked: 
20 For there will be no reward to the evil man; 
And the lamp of the wicked shall be snuffed out. 
21 My son, fear the LORD and the king. 
Don't join those who are rebellious: 
22 For their calamity will rise suddenly; 
The destruction from them both -- who knows? 
23 These also are sayings of the wise. 
To show partiality in judgment is not good. 
24 He who says to the wicked, "You are righteous;" 
Peoples shall curse him, and nations shall abhor him -- 
25 But it will go well with those who convict the guilty, 
And a rich blessing will come on them. 
26 An honest answer Is like a kiss on the lips. 
27 Prepare your work outside. 
Make it ready for you in the field. 
Afterwards, build your house. 
28 Don't be a witness against your neighbor without cause. 
Don't deceive with your lips.
29 Don't say, "I will do to him as he has done to me; 
I will render to the man according to his work." 
30 I went by the field of the sluggard, 
By the vineyard of the man void of understanding; 
31 Behold, it was all grown over with thorns. 
Its surface was covered with nettles, 
And its stone wall was broken down. 
32 Then I saw, and considered well. 
I saw, and received instruction: 
33 A little sleep, a little slumber, 
A little folding of the hands to sleep; 
34 So shall your poverty come as a robber, 
And your want as an armed man.


OLD TESTAMENT:  JONAH 1:1 - 4:11

1;1 Now the word of the LORD came to Yonah the son of Ammittai, saying, 2 "Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and preach against it, for their wickedness has come up before me." 3 But Yonah rose up to flee to Tarshish from the presence of the LORD. He went down to Yafo, and found a ship going to Tarshish; so he paid its fare, and went down into it, to go with them to Tarshish from the presence of the LORD. 4 But the LORD sent out a great wind on the sea, and there was a mighty tempest on the sea, so that the ship was likely to break up. 5 Then the mariners were afraid, and cried every man to his god. They threw the cargo that was in the ship into the sea, to lighten it. But Yonah had gone down into the innermost parts of the ship, and he was laying down, and was fast asleep. 6 So the shipmaster came to him, and said to him, "What do you mean, sleeper? Arise, call on your gods! Maybe the gods will notice us, so that we won't perish." 7  They all said to each other, "Come, let us cast lots, that we may know for whose cause this evil is on us." So they cast lots, and the lot fell on Yonah. 8 Then they asked him, "Tell us, please, for whose cause this evil is on us. What is your occupation? Where do you come from? What is your country? Of what people are you?" 9 He said to them, "I am a Hebrew, and I fear the LORD, the God of heaven, who has made the sea and the dry land." 10 Then were the men exceedingly afraid, and said to him, "What is this that you have done?" For the men knew that he was fleeing from the presence of the LORD, because he had told them. 11 Then said they to him, "What shall we do to you, that the sea may be calm to us?" For the sea grew more and more tempestuous. 12 He said to them, "Take me up, and throw me into the sea. Then the sea will be calm for you; for I know that because of me this great tempest is on you." 13 Nevertheless the men rowed hard to get them back to the land; but they could not, for the sea grew more and more tempestuous against them. 14 Therefore they cried to the LORD, and said, "We beg you, LORD, we beg you, let us not perish for this man's life, and don't lay on us innocent blood; for you, LORD, have done as it pleased you."15 So they took up Yonah, and threw him into the sea; and the sea ceased its raging. 16 Then the men feared the LORD exceedingly; and they offered a sacrifice to the LORD, and made vows. 17  The LORD prepared a great fish to swallow up Yonah, and Yonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights. 

2:1 Then Yonah prayed to the LORD, his God, out of the fish's belly. 2 He said, "I called because of my affliction to the LORD. He answered me. Out of the belly of She'ol I cried. You heard my voice. 3 For you threw me into the depths, In the heart of the seas. The flood was all around me. All your waves and your billows passed over me. 4 I said, 'I have been banished from your sight; Yet I will look again toward your holy temple.' 5 The waters surrounded me, Even to the soul. The deep was around me. The weeds were wrapped around my head. 6 I went down to the bottoms of the mountains. The eretz barred me in forever: Yet have you brought up my life from the pit, LORD my God. 7  "When my soul fainted within me, I remembered the LORD. My prayer came in to you, into your holy temple. 8 Those who regard lying vanities forsake their own mercy. 9 But I will sacrifice to you with the voice of thanksgiving. I will pay that which I have vowed. Salvation belongs to the LORD." 10 The LORD spoke to the fish, and it vomited out Yonah on the dry land. 

3:1 The word of the LORD came to Yonah the second time, saying, 2 "Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and preach to it the message that I give you." 3 So Yonah arose, and went to Nineveh, according to the word of the LORD. Now Nineveh was an exceedingly great city, three days' journey across. 4 Yonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried out, and said, "Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown!" 5 The people of Nineveh believed God; and they proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them. 6 The news reached the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, and took off his royal robe, covered himself with sackcloth, and sat in ashes. 7 He made a proclamation and published through Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying, "Let neither man nor animal, herd nor flock, taste anything; let them not feed, nor drink water; 8 but let them be covered with sackcloth, both man and animal, and let them cry mightily to God. Yes, let them turn everyone from his evil way, and from the violence that is in his hands. 9 Who knows whether God will not turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, so that we might not perish?" 10 God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way. God repented of the evil which he said he would do to them, and he didn't do it. 

4:1 But it displeased Yonah exceedingly, and he was angry. 2 He prayed to the LORD, and said, "Please, LORD, wasn't this what I said when I was still in my own country? Therefore I hurried to flee to Tarshish, for I knew that you are a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and abundant in lovingkindness, and you repent of the evil. 3 Therefore now, LORD, take, I beg you, my life from me; for it is better for me to die than to live." 4 The LORD said, "Is it right for you to be angry?" 5 Then Yonah went out of the city, and sat on the east side of the city, and there made himself a booth, and sat under it in the shade, until he might see what would become of the city. 6 The LORD God prepared a vine, and made it to come up over Yonah, that it might be a shade over his head, to deliver him from his discomfort. So Yonah was exceedingly glad because of the vine. 7  But God prepared a worm at dawn the next day, and it chewed on the vine, so that it withered. 8 It happened, when the sun arose, that God prepared a sultry east wind; and the sun beat on Yonah's head, so that he fainted, and requested for himself that he might die, and said, "It is better for me to die than to live." 9 God said to Yonah, "Is it right for you to be angry about the vine?" He said, "I am right to be angry, even to death." 10 The LORD said, "You have been concerned for the vine, for which you have not labored, neither made it grow; which came up in a night, and perished in a night. 
11  Shouldn't I be concerned for Nineveh, that great city, in which are more than one hundred twenty thousand persons who can't discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?" 


NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATION 5:1 - 14

5:1 I saw, in the right hand of him who sat on the throne, a book written within and on the back, sealed shut with seven seals. 
2 I saw a mighty angel proclaiming with a loud voice, "Who is worthy to open the book, and to break its seals?" 
3 No one in heaven, or on the eretz, or under the eretz, was able to open the book, or to look in it.
4 And I wept much, because no one was found worthy to open the book, or to look in it. 
5 One of the Zakenim said to me, "Don't weep. Behold, the Lion who is of the tribe of Yehudah, the Root of David, has overcome to open the book and its seven seals." 
6 I saw in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the Zakenim, a Lamb standing, as though it had been slain, having seven horns, and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God, sent forth into all the eretz. 
7  Then he came, and he took it out of the right hand of him who sat on the throne. 
8 Now when he had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four Zakenim fell down before the Lamb, each one having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the holy ones. 
9 They sang a new song, saying, "You are worthy to take the book, And to open its seals: For you were killed, And bought us for God with your blood, Out of every tribe, language, people, and nation, 
10 And made them kings and Kohanim to our God, And they reign on eretz." 
11 I saw, and I heard a voice of many angels around the throne, the living creatures, and the Zakenim; and the number of them was ten thousands of ten thousands, and thousands of thousands; 
12 saying with a loud voice, "Worthy is the Lamb who has been killed to receive the power, riches, wisdom, might, honor, glory, and blessing!"
13 I heard every created thing which is in heaven, on the eretz, under the eretz, on the sea, and everything in them, saying, "To him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb be the blessing, the honor, the glory, and the dominion, forever and ever. Amein." 
14 The four living creatures said, "Amein!" The Zakenim fell down and worshiped.

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment