Tuesday, July 18, 2023

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - July 18 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 














JULY 18


PSALMS:  18, 48, 78, 108, 138

PROVERBS:  18

OLD TESTAMENT:  JEREMIAH 8:8 - 9:26

NEW TESTAMENT:  COLOSSIANS 3:1 - 17


PSALMS:  18

1 I love you, LORD, my strength. 
2 The LORD is my rock, 
and my fortress, and my deliverer; 
My God, my rock, in whom I will take refuge; 
My shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower. 
3 I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; 
So shall I be saved from my enemies. 
4 The cords of death surrounded me. 
The floods of ungodliness made me afraid. 
5 The cords of She'ol were round about me; 
The snares of death came on me. 
6 In my distress I called on the LORD, 
And cried to my God. 
He heard my voice out of his temple, 
My cry before him came into his ears. 
7 Then the eretz shook and trembled. 
The foundations also of the mountains quaked and were shaken, 
Because he was angry. 
8 There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, 
Fire out of his mouth devoured; 
Coals were kindled by it. 
9 He bowed the heavens also, and came down. 
Thick darkness was under his feet. 
10 He rode on a Keruv, and flew. 
Yes, he soared on the wings of the wind. 
11 He made darkness his hiding-place, his pavilion around him, 
Darkness of waters, thick clouds of the skies. 
12 At the brightness before him his thick clouds passed, 
Hailstones and coals of fire. 
13 The LORD also thundered in the sky, 
The Elyon uttered his voice, 
Hailstones and coals of fire.
14 He sent out his arrows, and scattered them; 
Yes, lightnings manifold, and routed them. 
15 Then the channels of waters appeared, 
The foundations of the world were laid bare, 
At your rebuke, LORD, 
At the blast of the breath of your nostrils. 
16 He sent from on high. 
He took me. 
He drew me out of many waters. 
17 He delivered me from my strong enemy, 
From those who hated me; 
for they were too mighty for me. 
18 They came on me in the day of my calamity, 
But the LORD was my support. 
19 He brought me forth also into a large place. 
He delivered me, because he delighted in me.
20 The LORD has rewarded me according to my righteousness. 
According to the cleanness of my hands has he recompensed me.
21 For I have kept the ways of the LORD, 
And have not wickedly departed from my God. 
22 For all his ordinances were before me. 
I didn't put away his statutes from me. 
23 I was also blameless with him. 
I kept myself from my iniquity. 
24 Therefore has the LORD recompensed me according to my righteousness, According to the cleanness of my hands in his eyesight. 
25 With the merciful you will show yourself merciful. 
With the perfect man, you will show yourself perfect. 
26 With the pure, you will show yourself pure. 
With the crooked you will show yourself shrewd. 
27 For you will save the afflicted people, 
But the haughty eyes you will bring down. 
28 For you will light my lamp. 
The LORD, my God, will light up my darkness.
29 For by you, I advance through a troop. 
By my God, I leap over a wall. 
30 As for God, his way is perfect. 
The word of the LORD is tried. 
He is a shield to all those who take refuge in him. 
31 For who is God, except the LORD? 
Who is a rock, besides our God, 
32 The God who arms me with strength, and makes my way perfect? 
33 He makes my feet like hinds' feet, 
And sets me on my high places. 
34 He teaches my hands to war; 
So that my arms bend a bow of bronze.
35 You have also given me the shield of your salvation. 
Your right hand sustains me. 
Your gentleness has made me great. 
36 You have enlarged my steps under me, 
My feet have not slipped. 
37 I will pursue my enemies, and overtake them. 
Neither will I turn again until they are consumed. 
38 I will strike them through, so that they will not be able to rise. 
They shall fall under my feet. 
39 For you have girded me with strength to the battle. 
You have subdued under me those who rose up against me. 
40 You have also made my enemies turn their backs to me, 
That I might cut off those who hate me. 
41 They cried, but there was none to save; 
Even to the LORD, but he didn't answer them. 
42 Then I beat them small as the dust before the wind. 
I cast them out as the mire of the streets. 
43 You have delivered me from the strivings of the people. 
You have made me the head of the nations. 
A people whom I have not known shall serve me. 
44 As soon as they hear of me they shall obey me. 
The foreigners shall submit themselves to me. 
45 The foreigners shall fade away, 
And shall come trembling out of their close places. 
46 The LORD lives; 
and blessed be my rock. 
Exalted be the God of my salvation, 
47 Even the God who executes vengeance for me, 
And subdues peoples under me. 
48 He rescues me from my enemies. 
Yes, you lift me up above those who rise up against me. 
You deliver me from the violent man. 
49 Therefore I will give thanks to you, LORD, among the nations, 
And will sing praises to your name. 
50 He gives great deliverance to his king, 
And shows loving kindness to his anointed, 
To David and to his seed, forevermore.


PSALMS:  48

1 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised, 
In the city of our God, in his holy mountain. 
2 Beautiful in elevation, the joy of the whole eretz, 
Is Mount Tziyon, on the north sides, 
The city of the great King. 
3 God has shown himself in her citadels as a refuge. 
4 For, behold, the kings assembled themselves, 
They passed by together.
5 They saw it, then were they amazed. 
They were dismayed, 
They hurried away. 
6 Trembling took hold of them there, 
Pain, as of a woman in travail. 
7  With the east wind, you break the ships of Tarshish. 
8 As we have heard, so have we seen, 
In the city of the LORD of Hosts, in the city of our God. 
God will establish it forever. 
Selah. 
9 We have thought about your loving kindness, 
God, In the midst of your temple. 
10 As is your name, God, 
So is your praise to the ends of the eretz. 
Your right hand is full of righteousness. 
11 Let Mount Tziyon be glad! 
Let the daughters of Yehudah rejoice, 
Because of your judgments. 
12 Walk about Tziyon, and go around her. 
Number the towers of it; 
13 Mark well her bulwarks. 
Consider her palaces, ‘
That you may tell it to the next generation. 
14 For this God is our God forever and ever. 
He will be our guide even to death.


PSALMS:  78

1 Hear my law, my people. 
Turn your ears to the words of my mouth. 
2 I will open my mouth in a parable. 
I will utter dark sayings of old, 
3 Which we have heard and known, 
Our fathers have told us.
4 We will not hide them from their children, 
Telling to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, 
His strength, and his wondrous works that he has done. 
5 For he established a testimony in Ya`akov, 
And appointed a law in Yisra'el, 
Which he commanded our fathers, 
That they should make them known to their children; 
6 That the generation to come might know, 
even the children who should be born; Who should arise and tell their children, 
7 That they might set their hope in God, 
And not forget the works of God, 
But keep his mitzvot, 
8 And might not be as their fathers, 
A stubborn and rebellious generation, 
A generation that didn't make their hearts loyal, 
Whose spirit was not steadfast with God. 
9 The children of Efrayim, being armed and carrying bows, 
Turned back in the day of battle. 
10 They didn't keep the covenant of God, 
And refused to walk in his law.
11 They forgot his doings, 
His wondrous works that he had shown them. 
12 Marvelous things did he in the sight of their fathers, 
In the land of Mitzrayim, in the field of Tzo`an. 
13 He split the sea, and caused them to pass through; 
He made the waters stand as a heap.
14 In the daytime he also led them with a cloud, 
All the night with a light of fire. 
15 He split rocks in the wilderness, 
And gave them drink abundantly as out of the depths. 
16 He brought streams also out of the rock, 
And caused waters to run down like rivers. 
17 Yet they still went on to sin against him, 
To rebel against Ha`Elyon in the desert.
18 They tempted God in their heart 
By asking food according to their desire. 
19 Yes, they spoke against God. 
They said, "Can God prepare a table in the wilderness? 
20 Behold, he struck the rock, so that waters gushed out, 
Streams overflowed. 
Can he give bread also? 
Will he provide flesh for his people?" 
21 Therefore the LORD heard, and was angry. 
A fire was kindled against Ya`akov, 
Anger also went up against Yisra'el, 
22 Because they didn't believe in God, 
And didn't trust in his yeshu`ah. 
23 Yet he commanded the skies above, 
And opened the doors of heaven. 
24 He rained down manna on them to eat, 
And gave them food from the sky. 
25 Man ate the bread of angels. 
He sent them food to the full. 
26 He caused the east wind to blow in the sky. 
By his power he guided the south wind.
27 He rained also flesh on them as the dust; 
Winged birds as the sand of the seas. 
28 He let them fall in the midst of their camp, 
Around their habitations. 
29 So they ate, and were well filled. 
He gave them their own desire. 
30 They didn't turn from their cravings. 
Their food was yet in their mouths, 
31 When the anger of God went up against them, 
And killed some of the fattest of them, 
And struck down the young men of Yisra'el. 
32 For all this they still sinned, 
And didn't believe in his wondrous works. 
33 Therefore he consumed their days in vanity, 
And their years in terror. 
34 When he killed them, then they inquired after him. 
They returned and sought God earnestly. 
35 They remembered that God was their rock, ‘
The El `Elyon their redeemer. 
36 But they flattered him with their mouth, 
And lied to him with their tongue. 
37  For their heart was not right with him, 
Neither were they faithful in his covenant. 
38 But he, being merciful, forgave iniquity, 
and didn't destroy them. 
Yes, many times he turned his anger away, 
And didn't stir up all his wrath. 
39 He remembered that they were but flesh, 
A wind that passes away, and doesn't come again. 
40 How often did they rebel against him in the wilderness, 
And grieve him in the desert! 
41 They turned again and tempted God, 
And provoked the Holy One of  Yisra'el. 
42 They didn't remember his hand, 
Nor the day when he redeemed them from the adversary; 
43 How he set his signs in Mitzrayim, 
His wonders in the field of Tzo`an, 
44 Turned their rivers into blood, 
Their streams, so that they could not drink. 
45 He sent among them swarms of flies, which devoured them; 
Frogs, which destroyed them. 
46 He gave also their increase to the caterpillar, 
Their labor to the arbeh. 
47 He destroyed their vines with hail, 
Their sycamore-fig trees with frost.
48 He gave over their cattle also to the hail, 
And their flocks to hot thunderbolts. 
49 He threw on them the fierceness of his anger, 
Wrath, indignation, and trouble, 
And a band of angels of evil. 
50 He made a path for his anger. 
He didn't spare their soul from death, 
But gave their life over to the pestilence, 
51 And struck all the firstborn in Mitzrayim, 
The chief of their strength in the tents of Ham. 
52 But he led forth his own people like sheep, 
And guided them in the wilderness like a flock. 
53 He led them safely, so that they weren't afraid, 
But the sea overwhelmed their enemies. 
54 He brought them to the border of his sanctuary, 
To this mountain, which his right hand had taken. 
55 He also drove out the nations before them, 
Allotted them for an inheritance by line, 
And made the tribes of Yisra'el to dwell in their tents. 
56 Yet they tempted and rebelled against 
Ha`Elyon God, And didn't keep his testimonies; 
57 But turned back, and dealt treacherously like their fathers. 
They were turned aside like a deceitful bow. 
58 For they provoked him to anger with their high places, 
And moved him to jealousy with their engraved images. 
59 When God heard this, he was angry, 
And greatly abhorred Yisra'el;
60 So that he forsook the tent of Shiloh, 
The tent which he placed among men; 
61 And delivered his strength into captivity, 
His glory into the adversary's hand. 
62 He also gave his people over to the sword, 
And was angry with his inheritance. 
63 Fire devoured their young men; 
Their virgins had no wedding song. 
64 Their Kohanim fell by the sword; 
Their widows made no lamentation. 
65 Then the Lord awakened as one out of sleep, 
Like a mighty man who shouts by reason of wine. 
66 He struck his adversaries backward. 
He put them to a perpetual reproach. 
67 Moreover he rejected the tent of Yosef, 
And didn't choose the tribe of Efrayim, 
68 But chose the tribe of Yehudah, 
Mount Tziyon which he loved. 
69 He built his sanctuary like the heights, 
Like the eretz which he has established forever. 
70 He also chose David his servant, 
And took him from the sheepfolds;
71 From following the ewes that have their young he brought him 
To be the shepherd of Ya`akov, his people, and Yisra'el, his inheritance.
72 So he was their shepherd according to the integrity of his heart, 
And guided them by the skillfulness of his hands.


PSALMS:  108

1 My heart is steadfast, God. 
I will sing and I will make music with my soul. 
2 Wake up, harp and lyre! 
I will wake up the dawn. 
3 I will give thanks to you, LORD, among the nations. 
I will sing praises to you among the peoples. 
4 For your loving kindness is great above the heavens. 
Your faithfulness reaches to the skies. 
5 Be exalted, God, above the heavens, 
Let your glory be over all the eretz. 
6 That your beloved may be delivered, 
Save with your right hand, and answer us. 
7 God has spoken from his sanctuary: 
"In triumph, I will divide Shekhem, and measure out the valley of Sukkot. 
8 Gil`ad is mine. 
Menashsheh is mine. 
Efrayim also is my helmet. 
Yehudah is my scepter. 
9 Mo'av is my wash pot. 
I will toss my sandal on Edom. 
I will shout over Peleshet." 
10 Who will bring me into the fortified city? 
Who has led me to Edom? 
11 Haven't you rejected us, God? 
‘You don't go forth, God, with our armies. 
12 Give us help against the enemy, 
For the help of man is vain. 
13 Through God, we will do valiantly. 
For it is he who will tread down our enemies.


PROVERBS:  18

1 An unfriendly man pursues selfishness, 
And defies all sound judgment. 
2 A fool has no delight in understanding, 
But only in broadcasting his own opinion. 
3 When wickedness comes, contempt also comes, 
And with shame comes disgrace. 
4 The words of a man's mouth are like deep waters. 
The fountain of wisdom is like a flowing brook. 
5 To be partial to the faces of the wicked is not good, 
Nor to deprive the innocent of justice. 
6 A fool's lips come into strife, 
And his mouth invites beatings. 
7 A fool's mouth is his destruction, 
And his lips are a snare to his soul. 
8 The words of a gossip are like dainty morsels: 
They go down into a person's innermost parts. 
9 One who is slack in his work 
Is brother to him who is a master of destruction. 
10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: 
The righteous run to him, and are safe. 
11 The rich man's wealth is his strong city, 
Like an unscalable wall in his own imagination. 
12 Before destruction the heart of man is proud, 
But before honor is humility. 
13 He who gives answer before he hears, 
That is folly and shame to him. 
14 A man's spirit will sustain him in sickness, 
But a crushed spirit who can bear? 
15 The heart of the discerning gets knowledge. 
The ear of the wise seeks knowledge.
16 A man's gift makes room for him, 
And brings him before great men. 
17  He who pleads his cause first seems right; 
Until another comes and questions him. 
18 The lot settles disputes, 
And keeps strong ones apart. 
19 A brother offended is more difficult than a fortified city; 
And disputes are like the bars of a castle. 
20 A man's stomach is filled with the fruit of his mouth. 
With the harvest of his lips he is satisfied. 
21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue; 
Those who love it will eat its fruit. 
22 Whoever finds a wife finds a good thing, 
And obtains favor of the LORD. 
23 The poor pleads for mercy, 
But the rich answers harshly. 
24 A man of many companions may be ruined, 
But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.


OLD TESTAMENT:  JEREMIAH 8:8 - 9:26

8:8 How do you say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? But, behold, the false pen of the Sofrim has worked falsely. 9 The wise men are put to shame, they are dismayed and taken: behold, they have rejected the word of the LORD; and what manner of wisdom is in them? 10 Therefore will I give their wives to others, and their fields to those who shall possess them: for everyone from the least even to the greatest is given to covetousness; from the prophet even to the Kohen every one deals falsely. 11 They have healed the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Shalom, shalom; when there is no shalom. 12 Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore shall they fall among those who fall; in the time of their visitation they shall be cast down, says the LORD. 13 I will utterly consume them, says the LORD: there shall be no grapes on the vine, nor figs on the fig tree, and the leaf shall fade; and [the things that] I have given them shall pass away from them. 14 Why do we sit still? assemble yourselves, and let us enter into the fortified cities, and let us be silent there; for the LORD our God has put us to silence, and given us water of gall to drink, because we have sinned against the LORD. 15 We looked for shalom, but no good came; [and] for a time of healing, and, behold, dismay! 16 The snorting of his horses is heard from Dan: at the sound of the neighing of his strong ones the whole land trembles; for they are come, and have devoured the land and all that is in it; the city and those who dwell therein. 
17  For, behold, I will send serpents, adders, among you, which will not be charmed; and they shall bite you, says the LORD. 18 Oh that I could comfort myself against sorrow! my heart is faint within me. 19 Behold, the voice of the cry of the daughter of my people from a land that is very far off: isn't the LORD in Tziyon? Isn't her King in her? Why have they provoked me to anger with their engraved images, and with foreign vanities? 20 The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved. 21 For the hurt of the daughter of my people am I hurt: I mourn; dismay has taken hold on me. 22 Is there no balm in Gil`ad? is there no physician there? why then isn't the health of the daughter of my people recovered? 

9:1 Oh that my head were waters, and my eyes a spring of tears, that I might weep day and night for the slain of the daughter of my people! 2 Oh that I had in the wilderness a lodging-place of wayfaring men; that I might leave my people, and go from them! for they are all adulterers, an assembly of treacherous men. 3 They bend their tongue, [as it were] their bow, for falsehood; and they are grown strong in the land, but not for truth: for they proceed from evil to evil, and they don't know me, says the LORD. 4 Take you heed everyone of his neighbor, and don't you trust in any brother; for every brother will utterly supplant, and every neighbor will go about with slanders. 5 They will deceive everyone his neighbor, and will not speak the truth: they have taught their tongue to speak lies; they weary themselves to commit iniquity. 6 Your habitation is in the midst of deceit; through deceit they refuse to know me, says the LORD. 7 Therefore thus says the LORD of Hosts, Behold, I will melt them, and try them; for how [else] should I do, because of the daughter of my people? 8 Their tongue is a deadly arrow; it speaks deceit: one speaks peaceably to his neighbor with his mouth, but in his heart he lays wait for him. 9 Shall I not visit them for these things? says the LORD; shall not my soul be avenged on such a nation as this? 10 For the mountains will I take up a weeping and wailing, and for the pastures of the wilderness a lamentation, because they are burned up, so that none passes through; neither can men hear the voice of the cattle; both the birds of the sky and the animals are fled, they are gone. 11 I will make Yerushalayim heaps, a dwelling-place of jackals; and I will make the cities of Yehudah a desolation, without inhabitant. 12 Who is the wise man, that may understand this? and [who is] he to whom the mouth of the LORD has spoken, that he may declare it? why is the land perished and burned up like a wilderness, so that none passes through? 13 The LORD says, Because they have forsaken my law which I set before them, and have not obeyed my voice, neither walked therein, 14 but have walked after the stubbornness of their own heart, and after the Ba`alim, which their fathers taught them; 15 therefore thus says the LORD of Hosts, the God of Yisra'el, Behold, I will feed them, even this people, with wormwood, and give them water of gall to drink. 16 I will scatter them also among the nations, whom neither they nor their fathers have known; and I will send the sword after them, until I have consumed them. 17 T hus says the LORD of Hosts, Consider you, and call for the mourning women, that they may come; and send for the skillful women, that they may come: 18 and let them make haste, and take up a wailing for us, that our eyes may run down with tears, and our eyelids gush out with waters. 19 For a voice of wailing is heard out of Tziyon, How are we ruined! we are greatly confounded, because we have forsaken the land, because they have cast down our dwellings. 20 Yet hear the word of the LORD, you women, and let your ear receive the word of his mouth; and teach your daughters wailing, and everyone her neighbor lamentation. 21 For death is come up into our windows, it is entered into our palaces; to cut off the children from outside, [and] the young men from the streets. 22 Speak, Thus says the LORD, The dead bodies of men shall fall as dung on the open field, and as the handful after the harvester; and none shall gather [them]. 23 Thus says the LORD, Don't let the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, don't let the rich man glory in his riches; 24 but let him who glories glory in this, that he has understanding, and knows me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice, and righteousness, in the eretz: for in these things I delight, says the LORD. 25 Behold, the days come, says the LORD, that I will punish all those who are circumcised in [their] uncircumcision: 26 Mitzrayim, and Yehudah, and Edom, and the children of `Ammon, and Mo'av, and all that have the corners [of their hair] cut off, who dwell in the wilderness; for all the nations are uncircumcised, and all the house of Yisra'el are uncircumcised in heart. 


NEW TESTAMENT:  COLOSSIANS 3:1 - 17

3:1 If then you were raised together with Messiah, seek the things that are above, where Messiah is, seated on the right hand of God. 
2 Set your mind on the things that are above, not on the things that are on the eretz. 
3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Messiah in God. 
4 When Messiah, our life, is revealed, then you will also be revealed with him in glory. 
5 Put to death therefore your members which are on the eretz: sexual immorality, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry; 
6 for which things' sake the wrath of God comes on the sons of disobedience. 
7  You also once walked in those, when you lived in them; 
8 but now you also put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and shameful speaking out of your mouth. 
9 Don't lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old man with his doings, 
10 and have put on the new man, that is being renewed in knowledge after the image of his Creator, 
11 where there can't be Yevanit and Yehudi, circumcision and uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, bondservant, freeman; but Messiah is all, and in all. 
12 Put on therefore, as God's elect, holy and beloved, a heart of compassion, kindness, lowliness, humility, and perseverance; 
13 bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, if any man has a complaint against any; even as Messiah forgave you, so you also do. 
14 Above all these things, walk in love, which is the bond of perfection. 
15 And let the shalom of Messiah rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. 
16 Let the word of Messiah dwell in you richly; in all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your heart to God. 
17 Whatever you do, in word or in deed, do all in the name of the Lord Yeshua, giving thanks to God, the Father, through him.

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment