Friday, July 7, 2023

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - June 26 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 














JUNE 26


PSALMS:   26, 56, 86, 116, 146

PROVERBS:  26

OLD TESTAMENT:  ISAIAH 19:1 – 21:17

NEW TESTAMENT:  GALATIANS 2:1 - 16


PSALMS:  26

1 Judge me, LORD, for I have walked in my integrity. 
I have trusted also in LORD without wavering. 
2 Examine me, LORD, and prove me. 
Try my heart and my mind. 
3 For your loving kindness is before my eyes. 
I have walked in your truth. 
4 I have not sat with deceitful men, 
Neither will I go in with hypocrites. 
5 I hate the assembly of evil-doers, 
And will not sit with the wicked. 
6 I will wash my hands in innocence, 
So I will go about your altar, LORD; 
7 That I may make the voice of thanksgiving to be heard, 
And tell of all your wondrous works. 
8 LORD, I love the habitation of your house, 
The place where your glory dwells. 
9 Don't gather my soul with sinners, 
Nor my life with bloodthirsty men; 
10 In whose hands is wickedness, 
Their right hand is full of bribes. 
11 But as for me, I will walk in my integrity. 
Redeem me, and be merciful to me. 
12 My foot stands in an even place. 
In the congregations will I bless the LORD.


PSALMS:  56

1 Be merciful to me, God, for man wants to swallow me up. 
All day long, he attacks and oppresses me. 
2 My enemies want to swallow me up all day long, 
For they are many who fight proudly against me. 
3 When I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. 
4 In God, I praise his word. In God, 
I put my trust. I will not be afraid. 
What can flesh do to me? 
5 All day long they twist my words. 
All their thoughts are against me for evil. 
6 They conspire and lurk, 
Watching my steps, they are eager to take my life. 
7 Shall they escape by iniquity? I
n anger cast down the peoples, God. 
8 You number my wanderings. 
You put my tears into your bottle. 
Aren't they in your book? 
9 Then shall my enemies turn back in the day that I call. 
I know this, that God is for me. 
10 In God, I will praise his word. In the LORD, 
I will praise his word. 
11 I have put my trust in God. 
I will not be afraid. 
What can man do to me? 
12 Your vows are on me, God.
 I will give thank offerings to you. 
13 For you have delivered my soul from death, 
And prevented my feet from falling, 
That I may walk before God in the light of the living.


PSALMS:  86

1 Hear, LORD, and answer me, 
For I am poor and needy. 
2 Preserve my soul, for I am godly. 
You, my God, save your servant who trusts in you. 
3 Be merciful to me, Lord, 
For I call to you all day long.
4 Bring joy to the soul of your servant, 
For to you, Lord, do I lift up my soul. 
5 For you, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive; 
Abundant in loving kindness to all those who call on you. 
6 Hear, LORD, my prayer. 
Listen to the voice of my petitions. 
7  In the day of my trouble I will call on you, 
For you will answer me. 
8 There is no one like you among the gods, Lord, 
Nor any deeds like your deeds. 
9 All nations you have made will come and worship before you, Lord. 
They shall glorify your name. 
10 For you are great, and do wondrous things. 
You are God alone. 
11 Teach me your way, LORD. 
I will walk in your truth. 
Make my heart undivided to fear your name. 
12 I will praise you, Lord my God, with my whole heart. 
I will glorify your name forevermore. 
13 For your loving kindness is great toward me. 
You have delivered my soul from the lowest She'ol. 
14 God, the proud have risen up against me. 
A company of violent men have sought after my soul, 
And they don't hold regard for you before them. 
15 But you, Lord, are a merciful and gracious God, 
Slow to anger, and abundant in loving kindness and truth. 
16 Turn to me, and have mercy on me! 
Give your strength to your servant. 
Save the son of your handmaid. 
17  Show me a sign of your goodness, 
That those who hate me may see it, and be put to shame, 
Because you, LORD, have helped me, and comforted me.


PSALMS:  116

1 I love the LORD, because he listens to my voice, 
And my cries for mercy. 
2 Because he has turned his ear to me, 
Therefore I will call on him as long as I live. 
3 The cords of death surrounded me, 
The pains of She'ol got a hold on me. 
I found trouble and sorrow. 
4 Then called I on the name of the LORD: 
"The LORD, I beg you, deliver my soul." 
5 Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; 
Yes, our God is merciful. 
6 The LORD preserves the simple. 
I was brought low, and he saved me. 
7 Return to your rest, my soul, 
For the LORD has dealt bountifully with you. 
8 For you have delivered my soul from death, 
My eyes from tears, 
And my feet from falling. 
9 I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living. 
10 I believed, therefore I said, 
"I was greatly afflicted." 
11 I said in my haste, 
"All men are liars." 
12 What will I give to the LORD for all his benefits toward me?
13 I will take the cup of salvation, 
and call on the name of the LORD. 
14 I will pay my vows to the LORD, 
Yes, in the presence of all his people. 
15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his holy ones. 
16 LORD, truly I am your servant. 
I am your servant, the son of your handmaid. 
You have freed me from my chains. 
17 I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving, 
And will call on the name of the LORD. 
18 I will pay my vows to the LORD, 
Yes, in the presence of all his people, 
19 In the courts of the LORD's house, 
In the midst of you, Yerushalayim. 
Praise the LORD!


PSALMS:  146

1 Praise the LORD! 
Praise the LORD, my soul. 
2 While I live, I will praise the LORD. 
I will sing praises to my God as long as I exist. 
3 Don't put your trust in princes, 
Each a son of man in whom there is no help. 
4 His spirit departs, and he returns to the eretz. 
In that very day, his thoughts perish. 
5 Happy is he who has the God of Ya`akov for his help, 
Whose hope is in the LORD, his God: 
6 Who made heaven and eretz, 
The sea, and all that is in them; 
Who keeps truth forever; 
7 Who executes justice for the oppressed; 
Who gives food to the hungry. 
The LORD frees the prisoners. 
8 The LORD opens the eyes of the blind. 
The LORD raises up those who are bowed down. 
The LORD loves the righteous. 
9 The LORD preserves the sojourners. 
He upholds the fatherless and widow, 
But the way of the wicked he turns upside down. 
10 The LORD will reign forever; 
Your God, O Tziyon, to all generations. Praise the LORD!


PROVERBS:  26

1 Like snow in summer, and as rain in harvest, 
So honor is not fitting for a fool. 
2 Like a fluttering sparrow, 
Like a darting swallow, 
So the undeserved curse doesn't come to rest. 
3 A whip for the horse, a bridle for the donkey, 
And a rod for the back of fools! 
4 Don't answer a fool according to his folly, 
Lest you also be like him.
5 Answer a fool according to his folly, 
Lest he be wise in his own eyes. 
6 One who sends a message by the hand of a fool 
Is cutting off feet and drinking violence. 
7 Like the legs of the lame that hang loose: 
So is a parable in the mouth of fools. 
8 As one who binds a stone in a sling, 
So is he who gives honor to a fool. 
9 Like a thornbush that goes into the hand of a drunkard, 
So is a parable in the mouth of fools. 
10 As an archer who wounds all, 
So is he who hires a fool
 Or he who hires those who pass by. 
11 As a dog that returns to his vomit, 
So is a fool who repeats his folly. 
12 Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? 
There is more hope for a fool than for him. 
13 The sluggard says, 
"There is a lion in the road! 
A fierce lion roams the streets!" 
14 As the door turns on its hinges, 
So does the sluggard on his bed. 
15 The sluggard buries his hand in the dish. 
He is too lazy to bring it back to his mouth. 
16 The sluggard is wiser in his own eyes 
Than seven men who answer with discretion. 
17 Like one who seizes a dog's ears 
Is one who passes by and meddles in a quarrel not his own. 
18 Like a madman who shoots firebrands, arrows, and death, 
19 Is the man who deceives his neighbor and says,
 "Am I not joking?" 
20 For lack of wood the fire goes out; 
Where there is no gossip, a quarrel dies down. 
21 As coals are to hot embers, And wood to fire, 
So is a contentious man to kindle strife.
22 The words of a whisperer are as dainty morsels, 
They go down into the innermost parts. 
23 Like silver dross on an earthen vessel 
Are the lips of a fervent one with an evil heart. 
24 A malicious man disguises himself with his lips, 
But he harbors evil in his heart. 
25 When his speech is charming, don't believe him; 
For there are seven abominations in his heart: 
26 His malice may be concealed by deception, 
But his wickedness will be exposed in the assembly. 
27  Whoever digs a pit shall fall into it. ‘
Whoever rolls a stone, it will come back on him. 
28 A lying tongue hates those it hurts; 
And a flattering mouth works ruin.


OLD TESTAMENT:  ISAIAH 19:1 – 21:17

19:1 The burden of Mitzrayim. Behold, the LORD rides on a swift cloud, and comes to Mitzrayim: and the idols of Mitzrayim shall tremble at his presence; and the heart of Mitzrayim shall melt in the midst of it. 2 I will stir up the Mitzrim against the Mitzrim: and they shall fight everyone against his brother, and everyone against his neighbor; city against city, [and] kingdom against kingdom. 3 The spirit of Mitzrayim shall fail in the midst of it; and I will destroy the counsel of it: and they shall seek to the idols, and to the charmers, and to those who have familiar spirits, and to the wizards. 4 I will give over the Mitzrim into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, says the Lord, the LORD of Hosts. 5 The waters shall fail from the sea, and the river shall be wasted and become dry. 6 The rivers shall become foul; the streams of Mitzrayim shall be diminished and dried up; the reeds and flags shall wither away. 7 The meadows by the Nile, by the brink of the Nile, and all the sown fields of the Nile, shall become dry, be driven away, and be no more. 8 The fishermen shall lament, and all those who cast angle into the Nile shall mourn, and those who spread nets on the waters shall languish. 9 Moreover those who work in combed flax, and those who weave white cloth, shall be confounded. 10 The pillars [of Mitzrayim] shall be broken in pieces; all those who work for hire [shall be] grieved in soul. 11 The princes of Tzo`an are utterly foolish; the counsel of the wisest counselors of Par`oh is become brutish: how do you say to Par`oh, I am the son of the wise, the son of ancient kings? 12 Where then are your wise men? and let them tell you now; and let them know what the LORD of Hosts has purposed concerning Mitzrayim. 13 The princes of Tzo`an are become fools, the princes of Mof are deceived; they have caused Mitzrayim to go astray, who are the corner-stone of her tribes. 14 The LORD has mixed a spirit of perverseness in the midst of her; and they have caused Mitzrayim to go astray in every work of it, as a drunken man staggers in his vomit. 15 Neither shall there be for Mitzrayim any work, which head or tail, palm-branch or rush, may do. 16 In that day shall the Mitzrim be like women; and they shall tremble and fear because of the shaking of the hand of the LORD of Hosts, which he shakes over them.17 The land of Yehudah shall become a terror to Mitzrayim; everyone to whom mention is made of it shall be afraid, because of the purpose of the LORD of Hosts, which he purposes against it. 18 In that day there shall be five cities in the land of Mitzrayim that speak the language of Kana`an, and swear to the LORD of hosts; one shall be called The city of destruction. 19 In that day shall there be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Mitzrayim, and a pillar at the border of it to the LORD. 20 It shall be for a sign and for a witness to the LORD of Hosts in the land of Mitzrayim; for they shall cry to the LORD because of oppressors, and he will send them a savior, and a defender, and he will deliver them. 21 The LORD shall be known to Mitzrayim, and the Mitzrim shall know the LORD in that day; yes, they shall worship with sacrifice and offering, and shall vow a vow to the LORD, and shall perform it. 22 The LORD will strike Mitzrayim, smiting and healing; and they shall return to the LORD, and he will be entreated of them, and will heal them. 23 In that day shall there be a highway out of Mitzrayim to Ashshur, and the Ashshur shall come into Mitzrayim, and the Mitzrian into Ashshur; and the Mitzrim shall worship with the Ashshur. 24 In that day shall Yisra'el be the third with Mitzrayim and with Ashshur, a blessing in the midst of the eretz; 25 because the LORD of Hosts has blessed them, saying, Blessed be Mitzrayim my people, and Ashshur the work of my hands, and Yisra'el my inheritance. 

20:1 In the year that Tartan came to Ashdod, when Sargon the king of Ashshur sent him, and he fought against Ashdod and took it; 2 at that time the LORD spoke by Yesha`yahu the son of Amotz, saying, Go, and loose the sackcloth from off your loins, and put your shoe from off your foot. He did so, walking naked and barefoot. 3 The LORD said, Like as my servant Yesha`yahu has walked naked and barefoot three years for a sign and a wonder concerning Mitzrayim and concerning Kush; 4 so shall the king of Ashshur lead away the captives of Mitzrayim, and the exiles of Kush, young and old, naked and barefoot, and with buttocks uncovered, to the shame of Mitzrayim. 5 They shall be dismayed and confounded, because of Kush their expectation, and of Mitzrayim their glory. 6 The inhabitant of this coast-land shall say in that day, Behold, such is our expectation, where we fled for help to be delivered from the king of Ashshur: and we, how shall we escape? 

21:1 The burden of the wilderness of the sea. As whirlwinds in the South sweep through, it comes from the wilderness, from an awesome land. 2 A grievous vision is declared to me; the treacherous man deals treacherously, and the destroyer destroys. Go up, `Elam; besiege, Madai; all the sighing of it have I made to cease. 3 Therefore are my loins filled with anguish; pangs have taken hold on me, as the pangs of a woman in travail: I am pained so that I can't hear; I am dismayed so that I can't see. 4 My heart flutters, horror has frightened me; the twilight that I desired has been turned into trembling to me. 5 They prepare the table, they set the watch, they eat, they drink: rise up, you princes, anoint the shield. 6 For thus has the Lord said to me, Go, set a watchman: let him declare what he sees: 7 and when he sees a troop, horsemen in pairs, a troop of donkeys, a troop of camels, he shall listen diligently with much heed. 8 He cried as a lion: Lord, I stand continually on the watch-tower in the day-time, and am set in my ward whole nights; 9 and, behold, here comes a troop of men, horsemen in pairs. He answered, Fallen, fallen is Bavel; and all the engraved images of her gods are broken to the ground. 10 You my threshing, and the grain of my floor! that which I have heard from the LORD of hosts, the God of Yisra'el, have I declared to you. 11 The burden of Dumah. One calls to me out of Se`ir, Watchman, what of the night? Watchman, what of the night? 12 The watchman said, "The morning comes, and also the night. If you will inquire, inquire. Come back again." 13 The burden on `Arav. In the forest in `Arav shall you lodge, you caravans of Dedanim. 14 To him who was thirsty they brought water; the inhabitants of the land of Tema did meet the fugitives with their bread. 15 For they fled away from the swords, from the drawn sword, and from the bent bow, and from the heat of battle. 16 For thus has the Lord said to me, Within a year, according to the years of a hireling, all the glory of Kedar shall fail; 17 and the residue of the number of the archers, the mighty men of the children of Kedar, shall be few; for the LORD, the God of Yisra'el, has spoken it. 


NEW TESTAMENT:  GALATIANS 2:1 - 16

2:1 Then after a period of fourteen years I went up again to Yerushalayim with Bar-Nabba, taking Titus also with me. 
2 I went up by revelation, and I laid before them the Good News which I preach among the Goyim, but privately before those who were respected, for fear that I might be running, or had run, in vain. 
3 But not even Titus, who was with me, being a Yevanit, was compelled to be circumcised. 
4 This was because of the false brothers secretly brought in, who stole in to spy out our liberty which we have in Messiah Yeshua, that they might bring us into bondage; 
5 to whom we gave no place in the way of subjection, not for an hour, that the truth of the Good News might continue with you. 
6 But from those who were reputed to be important (whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God doesn't show partiality to man) -- they, I say, who were respected imparted nothing to me, 
7 but to the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the Good News for the uncircumcision, even as Kefa with the Good News for the circumcision
8 (for he who appointed Kefa to the apostleship of the circumcision appointed me also to the Goyim); 
9 and when they perceived the grace that was given to me, Ya`akov and Kefa and Yochanan, they who were reputed to be pillars, gave to me and Bar-Nabba the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Goyim, and they to the circumcision. 
10 They only asked us to remember the poor -- which very thing I was also zealous to do. 
11 But when Kefa came to Antioch, I resisted him to the face, because he stood condemned.
12 For before some people came from Ya`akov, he ate with the Goyim. But when they came, he drew back and separated himself, fearing those who were of the circumcision. 
13 And the rest of the Yehudim joined him in his hypocrisy; so much that even Bar-Nabba was carried away with their hypocrisy. 
14 But when I saw that they didn't walk uprightly according to the truth of the Good News, I said to Kefa before them all, "If you, being a Yehudi, live as the Goyim do, and not as the Yehudim do, why do you compel the Goyim to live as the Yehudim do? 
15 "We, being Yehudim by nature, and not Goy sinners, 
16 yet knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but through the faith of Yeshua the Messiah, even we believed in Messiah Yeshua, that we might be justified by faith in Messiah, and not by the works of the law, because no flesh will be justified by the works of the law.

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment