Friday, July 7, 2023

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - June 27 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 













JUNE 27


PSALMS:   27, 57, 87, 117, 147

PROVERBS:  27

OLD TESTAMENT:  ISAIAH 22:1 - 24:23

NEW TESTAMENT:  GALATIANS 2:17 - 3:9


Psalms 27

1 The LORD is my light and my salvation. 
Whom shall I fear? 
The LORD is the strength of my life. 
Of whom shall I be afraid? 
2 When evil-doers came at me to eat up my flesh, 
Even my adversaries and my foes, they stumbled and fell. 
3 Though a host should encamp against me, 
My heart shall not fear. 
Though war should rise against me, 
Even then I will be confident. 
4 One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after, 
That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, 
To see the beauty of the LORD, 
And to inquire in his temple. 
5 For in the day of trouble he will keep me secretly in his pavilion. 
In the covert of his tent will he hide me. 
He will lift me up on a rock. 
6 Now shall my head be lifted up above my enemies around me. 
I will offer sacrifices of joy in his tent. 
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD. 
7 Hear, LORD, when I cry with my voice. 
Have mercy also on me, and answer me. 
8 When you said, "Seek my face," 
My heart said to you, 
"I will seek your face, LORD." 
9 Don't hide your face from me. 
Don't put your servant away in anger. 
You have been my help. 
Don't abandon me, neither forsake me, 
God of my salvation. 
10 When my father and my mother forsake me, 
Then the LORD will take me up. 
11 Teach me your way, LORD. 
Lead me in a straight path, because of my enemies.
12 Don't deliver me over to the desire of my adversaries, 
For false witnesses have risen up against me, 
Such as breathe out cruelty. 
13 I am still confident of this: 
I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. 
14 Wait for the LORD. 
Be strong, and let your heart take courage. 
Yes, wait for the LORD.


PSALMS:  57

1 Be merciful to me, God, be merciful to me, 
For my soul takes refuge in you. 
Yes, in the shadow of your wings, 
I will take refuge, 
Until disaster has passed. 
2 I cry out to El `Elyon, 
To God who accomplishes my requests for me. 
3 He will send from heaven, and save me, 
He rebukes the one who is pursuing me. 
Selah. 
God will send out his loving kindness and his truth. 
4 My soul is among lions. 
I lie among those who are set on fire, 
Even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, 
And their tongue a sharp sword. 
5 Be exalted, God, above the heavens! 
Let your glory be above all the eretz! 
6 They have prepared a net for my steps. 
My soul is bowed down. 
They dig a pit before me. 
They fall into the midst of it themselves. 
Selah. 
7 My heart is steadfast, God, my heart is steadfast. 
I will sing, yes, 
I will sing praises. 
8 Wake up, my glory! 
Wake up, psaltery and harp! 
I will wake up the dawn. 
9 I will give thanks to you, Lord, among the peoples. 
I will sing praises to you among the nations. 
10 For your great loving kindness reaches to the heavens, 
And your truth to the skies. 
11 Be exalted, God, above the heavens. 
Let your glory be over all the eretz.


PSALMS:  87

1 His foundation is in the holy mountains. 
2 The LORD loves the gates of Tziyon More than all the dwellings of Ya`akov. 
3 Glorious things are spoken about you, city of God. 
Selah. 
4 I will record Rachav and Bavel among those who acknowledge me. 
Behold, Peleshet, Tzor, and also Kush: 
"This one was born there." 
5 Yes, of Tziyon it will be said, 
"This one and that one was born in her;" 
The Elyon himself will establish her. 
6 The LORD will count, when he writes up the peoples, 
"This one was born there." 
Selah. 
7 Those who sing as well as those who dance say, "
All my springs are in you."


PSALMS:  117

1 Praise the LORD, all you nations! 
Extol him, all you peoples! 
2 For his loving kindness is great toward us. 
The LORD's faithfulness endures forever. 
Praise the LORD!


PSALMS:  147

1 Praise the LORD, 
For it is good to sing praises to our God; 
For it is pleasant and fitting to praise him. 
2 The LORD builds up Yerushalayim. 
He gathers together the outcasts of Yisra'el. 
3 He heals the broken in heart, 
And binds up their wounds. 
4 He counts the number of the stars. 
He calls them all by their names. 
5 Great is our Lord, and mighty in power. 
His understanding is infinite. 
6 The LORD upholds the humble. 
He brings the wicked down to the ground.
7  Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving. 
Sing praises on the harp to our God, 
8 Who covers the sky with clouds, 
Who prepares rain for the eretz, 
Who makes grass grow on the mountains. 
9 He provides food for the cattle, 
And for the young ravens when they call. 
10 He doesn't delight in the strength of the horse. 
He takes no pleasure in the legs of a man. 
11 The LORD takes pleasure in those who fear him, 
In those who hope in his loving kindness. 
12 Praise the LORD, Yerushalayim! 
Praise your God, Tziyon! 
13 For he has strengthened the bars of your gates. 
He has blessed your children within you. 
14He makes shalom in your borders. 
He fills you with the finest of the wheat. 
15 He sends out his mitzvah on eretz. 
His word runs very swiftly. 
16 He gives snow like wool, 
And scatters frost like ashes.
17  He hurls down his hail like pebbles. 
Who can stand before his cold? 
18 He sends out his word, and melts them. 
He causes his wind to blow, and the waters flow. 
19 He shows his word to Ya`akov; 
His statutes and his ordinances to Yisra'el. 
20 He has not done this for any nation; 
They don't know his ordinances. 
Praise the LORD!


PROVERBS:  27

1 Don't boast about tomorrow; 
For you don't know what a day may bring forth. 
2 Let another man praise you, 
And not your own mouth; 
A stranger, and not your own lips. 
3 A stone is heavy, And sand is a burden; 
But a fool's provocation is heavier than both. 
4 Wrath is cruel, 
And anger is overwhelming; 
But who is able to stand before jealousy? 
5 Better is open rebuke Than hidden love. 
6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; 
Although the kisses of an enemy are profuse.
7 A full soul loathes a honeycomb; 
But to a hungry soul, every bitter thing is sweet. 
8 As a bird that wanders from her nest, 
So is a man who wanders from his home. 
9 Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart; 
So does earnest counsel from a man's friend. 
10 Don't forsake your friend and your father's friend. 
Don't go to your brother's house in the day of your disaster: 
Better is a neighbor who is near than a distant brother. 
11 Be wise, my son, 
And bring joy to my heart, 
Then I can answer my tormentor. 
12 A prudent man sees danger and takes refuge; 
But the simple pass on, and suffer for it:
13 Take his garment when he puts up collateral for a stranger; 
Hold it for a wayward woman! 
14 He who blesses his neighbor with a loud voice early in the morning, 
It will be taken as a curse by him.
15 A continual dropping on a rainy day 
And a contentious wife are alike: 
16 Restraining her is like restraining the wind, 
Or like grasping oil in his right hand. 
17 Iron sharpens iron; 
So a man sharpens his friend's countenance. 
18 Whoever tends the fig tree shall eat its fruit. 
He who looks after his master shall be honored. 
19 As water reflects a face, 
So a man's heart reflects the man. 
20 She'ol and Avaddon are never satisfied; 
And a man's eyes are never satisfied.
21 The crucible is for silver, 
And the furnace for gold; 
But man is refined by his praise. 
22 Though you grind a fool in a mortar with a pestle along with grain, 
Yet his foolishness will not be removed from him. 
23 Know well the state of your flocks, 
And pay attention to your herds: 
24 For riches are not forever, 
Nor does even the crown endure to all generations. 
25 The hay is removed, and the new growth appears, 
The grasses of the hills are gathered in. 
26 The lambs are for your clothing, 
And the goats are the price of a field. 
27  There will be plenty of goats' milk for your food, 
For your family's food, 
And for the nourishment of your servant girls.


OLD TESTAMENT:  ISAIAH 22:1 - 24:23

22:1 The burden of the valley of vision. What ails you now, that you are wholly gone up to the housetops? 2 You that are full of shouting, a tumultuous city, a joyous town; your slain are not slain with the sword, neither are they dead in battle. 3 All your rulers fled away together, they were bound by the archers; all who were found of you were bound together; they fled afar off. 4 Therefore said I, Look away from me, I will weep bitterly; don't labor to comfort me for the destruction of the daughter of my people. 5 For it is a day of confusion, and of treading down, and of perplexity, from the Lord, the LORD of Hosts, in the valley of vision; a breaking down of the walls, and a crying to the mountains. 6 `Elam bore the quiver, with chariots of men [and] horsemen; and Kir uncovered the shield. 7 It happened that your choicest valleys were full of chariots, and the horsemen set themselves in array at the gate. 8 He took away the covering of Yehudah; and you did look in that day to the armor in the house of the forest. 9 You saw the breaches of the city of David, that they were many; and you gathered together the waters of the lower pool; 10 and you numbered the houses of Yerushalayim, and you broke down the houses to fortify the wall; 11 you made also a reservoir between the two walls for the water of the old pool. But you didn't look to him who had done this, neither did you have respect for him who purposed it long ago. 12 In that day did the Lord, the LORD of Hosts, call to weeping, and to mourning, and to baldness, and to girding with sackcloth: 13 and behold, joy and gladness, killing oxen and killing sheep, eating flesh and drinking wine: let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die. 14 The LORD of Hosts revealed himself in my ears, Surely this iniquity shall not be forgiven you until you die, says the Lord, the LORD of Hosts. 15 Thus says the Lord, the LORD of Hosts, Go, get yourself to this treasurer, even to Shevna, who is over the house, [and say], 16 "What are you doing here? and who has you here, that you have hewed out a tomb here? Cutting him out a tomb on high, chiseling a habitation for himself in the rock!" 17 Behold, the LORD, like a [strong] man, will hurl you away violently; yes, he will wrap you up closely. 18 He will surely wind you round and round, [and toss you] like a ball into a large country; there shall you die, and there shall be the chariots of your glory, you shame of your lord's house. 19 I will thrust you from your office; and from your station shall you be pulled down. 20 It shall happen in that day, that I will call my servant Elyakim the son of Hilkiyah: 21 and I will cloth him with your robe, and strengthen him with your belt, and I will commit your government into his hand; and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Yerushalayim, and to the house of Yehudah. 22 The key of the house of David will I lay on his shoulder; and he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open. 23 I will fasten him as a nail in a sure place; and he shall be for a throne of glory to his father's house. 24 They shall hang on him all the glory of his father's house, the offspring and the issue, every small vessel, from the cups even to all the pitchers. 25 In that day, says the LORD of hosts, shall the nail that was fastened in a sure place give way; and it shall be hewn down, and fall; and the burden that was on it shall be cut off; for the LORD has spoken it. 

23:1 The burden of Tzor. Howl, you ships of Tarshish; for it is laid waste, so that there is no house, no entering in: from the land of Kittim it is revealed to them. 2 Be still, you inhabitants of the coast, you whom the merchants of Tzidon, that pass over the sea, have replenished. 3 On great waters the seed of the Shichor, the harvest of the Nile, was her revenue; and she was the market of nations. 4 Be ashamed, Tzidon; for the sea has spoken, the stronghold of the sea, saying, I have not travailed, nor brought forth, neither have I nourished young men, nor brought up virgins 5 When the report comes to Mitzrayim, they shall be sorely pained at the report of Tzor. 6 Pass over to Tarshish; wail, you inhabitants of the coast. 7 Is this your joyous [city], whose antiquity is of ancient days, whose feet carried her afar off to sojourn? 8 Who has purposed this against Tzor, the giver of crowns, whose merchants are princes, whose traffickers are the honorable of the eretz? 9 The LORD of hosts has purposed it, to stain the pride of all glory, to bring into contempt all the honorable of the eretz. 10 Pass through your land as the Nile, daughter of Tarshish; there is no restraint any more. 11 He has stretched out his hand over the sea, he has shaken the kingdoms: the LORD has given mitzvah concerning Kana`an, to destroy the strongholds of it. 12 He said, You shall no more rejoice, you oppressed virgin daughter of Tzidon: arise, pass over to Kittim; even there shall you have no rest. 
13 Behold, the land of the Kasdim: this people was not; the Ashshur founded it for those who dwell in the wilderness; they set up their towers; they overthrew the palaces of it; they made it a ruin. 14 Howl, you ships of Tarshish; for your stronghold is laid waste 15 It shall come to pass in that day, that Tzor shall be forgotten seventy years, according to the days of one king: after the end of seventy years it shall be to Tzor as in the song of the prostitute. 16 Take a harp, go about the city, you prostitute that has been forgotten; make sweet melody, sing many songs, that you may be remembered. 17 It shall happen after the end of seventy years, that the LORD will visit Tzor, and she shall return to her hire, and shall play the prostitute with all the kingdoms of the world on the surface of the eretz. 18 Her merchandise and her hire shall be holiness to the LORD: it shall not be treasured nor laid up; for her merchandise shall be for those who dwell before the LORD, to eat sufficiently, and for durable clothing. 

24:1 Behold, the LORD makes the eretz empty, and makes it waste, and turns it upside down, and scatters abroad the inhabitants of it. 2 It shall be, as with the people, so with the Kohen; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the creditor, so with the debtor; as with the taker of interest, so with the giver of interest to him. 3 The eretz shall be utterly emptied, and utterly laid waste; for the LORD has spoken this word. 4 The eretz mourns and fades away, the world languishes and fades away, the lofty people of the eretz do languish. 5 The eretz also is polluted under the inhabitants of it; because they have transgressed the laws, violated the statutes, broken the everlasting covenant. 6 Therefore has the curse devoured the eretz, and those who dwell therein are found guilty: therefore the inhabitants of the eretz are burned, and few men left. 7 The new wine mourns, the vine languishes, all the merry-hearted do sigh. 8 The mirth of timbrels ceases, the noise of those who rejoice ends, the joy of the harp ceases. 9 They shall not drink wine with a song; strong drink shall be bitter to those who drink it. 10 The waste city is broken down; every house is shut up, that no man may come in. 11 There is a crying in the streets because of the wine; all joy is darkened, the mirth of the land is gone. 12 In the city is left desolation, and the gate is struck with destruction. 13 For thus shall it be in the midst of the eretz among the peoples, as the shaking of an olive tree, as the gleanings when the vintage is done. 14 These shall lift up their voice, they shall shout; for the majesty of the LORD they cry aloud from the sea. 15 Therefore glorify the LORD in the east, even the name of the LORD, the God of Yisra'el, in the isles of the sea! 16 From the uttermost part of the eretz have we heard songs: Glory to the righteous. But I said, I pine away, I pine away, woe is me! the treacherous have dealt treacherously; yes, the treacherous have dealt very treacherously. 17 Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are on you, O inhabitant of the eretz. 18 It shall happen, that he who flees from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he who comes up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows on high are opened, and the foundations of the eretz tremble. 19 The eretz is utterly broken, the eretz is torn apart, the eretz is shaken violently. 20 The eretz shall stagger like a drunken man, and shall sway back and forth like a hammock; and the disobedience of it shall be heavy on it, and it shall fall, and not rise again. 21 It shall happen in that day, that the LORD will punish the host of the high ones on high, and the kings of the eretz on the eretz. 22 They shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison; and after many days shall they be visited. 23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed; for the LORD of Hosts will reign on Mount Tziyon, and in Yerushalayim; and before his Zakenim shall be glory. 


NEW TESTAMENT:  GALATIANS 2:17 - 3:9

2:17 But if, while we sought to be justified in Messiah, we ourselves also were found sinners, is Messiah a servant of sin? God forbid! 18 For if I build up again those things which I destroyed, I prove myself a law-breaker. 19 For I, through the law, died to the law, that I might live to God. 20 I have been crucified with Messiah, and it is no longer I that live, but Messiah living in me. That life which I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself up for me. 21 I don't make void the grace of God. For if righteousness is through the law, then Messiah died for nothing!" 

3:1 Foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you not to obey the truth, before whose eyes Yeshua the Messiah was openly set forth among you as crucified? 2 I just want to learn this from you. Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by hearing of faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now completed in the flesh? 4 Did you suffer so many things in vain, if it is indeed in vain? 5 He therefore that supplies the Spirit to you, and works miracles among you, does he do it by the works of the law, or by hearing of faith? 6 Even as Avraham "believed God, and it was counted to him for righteousness." 7 Know therefore that those who are of faith, the same are sons of Avraham. 8 The Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Goyim by faith, preached the Good News beforehand to Avraham, saying, "In you will all the nations be blessed." 9 So then, those who are of faith are blessed with the faithful Avraham. 

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment