Thursday, July 6, 2023

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - June 13 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 














JUNE 13


PSALMS:  13, 43, 73, 103, 133

PROVERBS:  13

OLD TESTAMENT:  ECCLESIASTES 1:1 - 3:22

NEW TESTAMENT:  2 CORINTHIANS 6:1 - 13


PSALMS:  13

1 How long, LORD? 
Will you forget me forever? 
How long will you hide your face from me? 
2 How long shall I take counsel in my soul, 
Having sorrow in my heart every day? 
How long shall my enemy triumph over me? 
3 Behold, and answer me, LORD, my God. 
Give light to my eyes, lest I sleep in death; 
4 Lest my enemy say, "I have prevailed against him;
" Lest my adversaries rejoice when I fall. 
5 But I trust in your loving kindness. 
My heart rejoices in your yeshu`ah.
6 I will sing to the LORD, 
Because he has been good to me.


PSALMS:  43

1 Vindicate me, God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation. 
Oh, deliver me from deceitful and wicked men. 
2 For you are the God of my strength. 
Why have you rejected me? 
Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy? 
3 Oh, send out your light and your truth. 
Let them lead me. Let them bring me to your holy hill, 
To your tents. 
4 Then I will go to the altar of God, 
To God, my exceeding joy. 
I will praise you on the harp, God, my God. 
5 Why are you in despair, my soul? 
Why are you disturbed within me? Hope in God! 
For I shall still praise him, 
The saving help of my face, and my God.


PSALMS:  73

1 Surely God is good to Yisra'el, 
To those who are pure in heart.
2 But as for me, my feet were almost gone. 
My steps had nearly slipped. 
3 For I was envious of the arrogant, 
When I saw the prosperity of the wicked. 
4 For there are no struggles in their death, 
But their strength is firm. 
5 They are free from burdens of men, 
Neither are they plagued like other men. 
6 Therefore pride is like a chain around their neck. 
Violence covers them like a garment. 
7 Their eyes bulge with fat. 
Their minds pass the limits of conceit. 
8 They scoff and speak with malice. 
In arrogance, they threaten oppression. 
9 They have set their mouth in the heavens. 
Their tongue walks through the eretz. 
10 Therefore their people return to them, 
And they drink up waters of abundance. 
11 They say, "How does God know? 
Is there knowledge in Ha`Elyon?" 
12 Behold, these are the wicked. 
Being always at ease, they increase in riches.
13 Surely in vain I have cleansed my heart, 
And washed my hands in innocence, 
14 For all day long have I been plagued, 
And punished every morning. 
15 If I had said, "I will speak thus;" 
Behold, I would have betrayed the generation of your children. 
16 When I tried to understand this, 
It was too painful for me; 
17  Until I entered God's sanctuary, 
And considered their latter end. 
18 Surely you set them in slippery places. 
You throw them down to destruction. 
19 How they are suddenly destroyed! 
They are completely swept away with terrors. 
20 As a dream when one wakes up, 
So, Lord, when you awake, you will despise their fantasies. 
21 For my soul was grieved. 
I was embittered in my heart. 
22 I was so senseless and ignorant. 
I was a brute beast before you. 
23 Nevertheless, I am continually with you. 
You have held my right hand. 
24 You will guide me with your counsel, 
And afterward receive me to glory. 
25 Who do I have in heaven? 
There is no one on eretz who I desire besides you. 
26 My flesh and my heart fails, 
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 
27 For, behold, those who are far from you shall perish. 
You have destroyed all those who are unfaithful to you. 
28 But it is good for me to come close to God. 
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge, 
That I may tell of all your works.


PSALMS:  103

1 Praise the LORD, my soul! 
All that is within me, praise his holy name! 
2 Praise the LORD, my soul, 
And don't forget all his benefits;
3 Who forgives all your sins; 
Who heals all your diseases; 
4 Who redeems your life from destruction; 
Who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies; 
5 Who satisfies your desire with good things, 
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. 
6 The LORD executes righteous acts, 
And justice for all who are oppressed.
7 He made known his ways to Moshe, 
His deeds to the children of Yisra'el. 
8 The LORD is merciful and gracious, 
Slow to anger, and abundant in loving kindness. 
9 He will not always accuse; 
Neither will he stay angry forever. 
10 He has not dealt with us according to our sins, 
Nor rewarded us for our iniquities. 
11 For as the heavens are high above the eretz, 
So great is his loving kindness toward those who fear him. 
12 As far as the east is from the west, 
So far has he removed our transgressions from us. 
13 Like a father has compassion on his children, 
So the LORD has compassion on those who fear him. 
14 For he knows how we are made. 
He remembers that we are dust. 
15 As for man, his days are like grass. 
As a flower of the field, so he flourishes. 
16 For the wind passes over it, and it is gone. 
Its place remembers it no more. 
17 But the LORD's loving kindness is from everlasting 
to everlasting with those who fear him, 
His righteousness to children's children; 
18 To those who keep his covenant, 
To those who remember to obey his precepts. 
19 The LORD has established his throne in the heavens. 
His kingdom rules over all. 
20 Praise the LORD, you angels of his, 
Who are mighty in strength, who fulfill his word, 
Obeying the voice of his word. 
21 Praise the LORD, all you hosts of his, 
You servants of his, who do his pleasure. 
22 Praise the LORD, all you works of his, 
In all places of his dominion. 
Praise the LORD, my soul.


PSALMS:  133

1 See how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to live together in unity! 
2 It is like the precious oil on the head, 
That ran down on the beard, 
Even Aharon's beard; 
That came down on the edge of his robes; 
3 Like the dew of Hermon, 
That comes down on the hills of Tziyon: 
For there the LORD gives the blessing, 
Even life forevermore.


PROVERBS:  13

1 A wise son listens to his father's instruction, 
But a scoffer doesn't listen to rebuke. 
2 By the fruit of his lips, a man enjoys good things; 
But the unfaithful crave violence. 
3 He who guards his mouth guards his soul.
 One who opens wide his lips comes to ruin. 
4 The soul of the sluggard desires, and has nothing, 
But the desire of the diligent shall be fully satisfied. 
5 A righteous man hates lies, 
But a wicked man brings shame and disgrace. 
6 Righteousness guards the way of integrity, 
But wickedness overthrows the sinner. 
7 There are some who pretend to be rich, yet have nothing. 
There are some who pretend to be poor, yet have great wealth. 
8 The ransom of a man's life is his riches, 
But the poor hears no threats. 
9 The light of the righteous shines brightly, 
But the lamp of the wicked is snuffed out. 
10 By pride comes only quarrels, 
But with ones who take advice is wisdom. 
11 Wealth gained dishonestly dwindles away, 
But he who gathers by hand makes it grow. 
12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick, 
But when longing is fulfilled, it is a tree of life. 
13 Whoever despises instruction will pay for it, 
But he who respects a command will be rewarded. 
14 The teaching of the wise is a spring of life, 
To turn from the snares of death. 
15 Good understanding wins favor; 
But the way of the unfaithful is hard. 
16 Every prudent man acts from knowledge, 
But a fool exposes folly. 
17 A wicked messenger falls into trouble, 
But a trustworthy envoy gains healing.
18 Poverty and shame come to him who refuses discipline, 
But he who heeds correction shall be honored. 
19 Longing fulfilled is sweet to the soul, 
But fools detest turning from evil. 
20 One who walks with wise men grows wise, 
But a companion of fools suffers harm.
21 Misfortune pursues sinners, 
But prosperity rewards the righteous. 
22 A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children, 
But the wealth of the sinner is stored for the righteous. 
23 An abundance of food is in poor people's fields, 
But injustice sweeps it away. 
24 One who spares the rod hates his son, 
But one who loves him is careful to discipline him. 
25 The righteous one eats to the satisfying of his soul, 
But the belly of the wicked goes hungry.


OLD TESTAMENT:  ECCLESIASTES 1:1 - 3:22

1:1 The words of Kohelet, the son of David, king in Yerushalayim: 2 "Vanity of vanities," says Kohelet; "Vanity of vanities, all is vanity." 3 What does man gain from all his labor in which he labors under the sun? 4 One generation goes, and another generation comes; but the eretz remains forever. 5 The sun also rises, and the sun goes down, and hurries to its place where it rises. 6 The wind goes toward the south, and turns around to the north. It turns around continually as it goes, and the wind returns again to its courses. 7 All the rivers run into the sea, yet the sea is not full. To the place where the rivers flow, there they flow again. 8 All things are full of weariness beyond uttering. The eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing. 9 That which has been is that which shall be; and that which has been done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. 10 Is there a thing of which it may be said, "Behold, this is new?" It has been long ago, in the ages which were before us. 11 There is no memory of the former; neither shall there be any memory of the latter that are to come, among those that shall come after. 12 I, Kohelet, was king over Yisra'el in Yerushalayim. 13 I applied my heart to seek and to search out by wisdom concerning all that is done under the sky. It is a heavy burden that God has given to the sons of men to be afflicted with. 14 I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and a chasing after wind. 15 That which is crooked can't be made straight; and that which is lacking can't be counted. 16 I said to myself, "Behold, I have obtained for myself great wisdom above all who were before me in Yerushalayim. Yes, my heart has had great experience of wisdom and knowledge." 17 I applied my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing after wind. 18 For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow. 

2:1 I said in my heart, "Come now, I will test you with mirth: therefore enjoy pleasure;" and, behold, this also was vanity. 2 I said of laughter, "It is foolishness;" and of mirth, "What does it accomplish?" 3 I searched in my heart how to cheer my flesh with wine, my heart yet guiding me with wisdom, and how to lay hold of folly, until I might see what it was good for the sons of men that they should do under heaven all the days of their lives. 4 I made myself great works. I built myself houses. I planted myself vineyards. 5 I made myself gardens and parks, and I planted trees in them of all kinds of fruit. 6 I made myself pools of water, to water from it the forest where trees were reared. 7 I bought men-servants and maid-servants, and had servants born in my house. I also had great possessions of herds and flocks, above all who were before me in Yerushalayim; 8 I also gathered silver and gold for myself, and the treasure of kings and of the provinces. I got myself men-singers and women-singers, and the delights of the sons of men -- musical instruments, and that of all sorts. 9 So I was great, and increased more than all who were before me in Yerushalayim. My wisdom also remained with me. 10 Whatever my eyes desired, I didn't keep from them. I didn't withhold my heart from any joy, for my heart rejoiced because of all my labor, and this was my portion from all my labor. 11 Then I looked at all the works that my hands had worked, and at the labor that I had labored to do; and, behold, all was vanity and a chasing after wind, and there was no profit under the sun. 12 I turned myself to consider wisdom, madness, and folly: for what can the king's successor do? Just that which has been done long ago. 13 Then I saw that wisdom excels folly, as far as light excels darkness.14 The wise man's eyes are in his head, and the fool walks in darkness -- and yet I perceived that one event happens to them all. 15 Then said I in my heart, "As it happens to the fool, so will it happen even to me; and why was I then more wise?" Then said I in my heart that this also is vanity. 16 For of the wise man, even as of the fool, there is no memory for ever, seeing that in the days to come all will have been long forgotten. Indeed, the wise man must die just like the fool! 17 So I hated life, because the work that is worked under the sun was grievous to me; for all is vanity and a chasing after wind. 18 I hated all my labor in which I labored under the sun, seeing that I must leave it to the man who comes after me. 19 Who knows whether he will be a wise man or a fool? Yet he will have rule over all of my labor in which I have labored, and in which I have shown myself wise under the sun. This also is vanity. 20 Therefore I began to cause my heart to despair concerning all the labor in which I had labored under the sun. 21 For there is a man whose labor is with wisdom, with knowledge, and with skillfulness; yet he shall leave it for his portion to a man who has not labored therein. This also is vanity and a great evil. 22 For what has a man of all his labor, and of the striving of his heart, in which he labors under the sun? 23 For all his days are sorrows, and his travail is grief; yes, even in the night his heart takes no rest. This also is vanity. 24 There is nothing better for a man than that he should eat and drink, and make his soul enjoy good in his labor. This also I saw, that it is from the hand of God. 25 For who can eat, or who can have enjoyment, more than I? 26 For to the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge, and joy; but to the sinner he gives travail, to gather and to heap up, that he may give to him who pleases God. This also is vanity and a chasing after wind. 

3:1 For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven: 2 A time to be born, And a time to die; A time to plant, And a time to pluck up that which is planted; 3 A time to kill, And a time to heal; A time to break down, And a time to build up; 4 A time to weep, And a time to laugh; A time to mourn, And a time to dance; 5 A time to cast away stones, And a time to gather stones together; A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing; 6 A time to seek, And a time to lose; A time to keep, And a time to cast away; 7 A time to tear, And a time to sew; A time to keep silence, And a time to speak; 8 A time to love, And a time to hate; A time for war, And a time for shalom. 9 What profit has he who works in that in which he labors? 10 I have seen the burden which God has given to the sons of men to be afflicted with. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in their hearts, yet so that man can't find out the work that God has done from the beginning even to the end. 12 I know that there is nothing better for them than to rejoice, and to do good as long as they live. 13 Also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy good in all his labor, is the gift of God. 14I know that whatever God does, it shall be forever. Nothing can be added to it, nor anything taken from it; and God has done it, that men should fear before him. 15 That which is has been long ago, and that which is to be has been long ago: and God seeks again that which is passed away. 16 Moreover I saw under the sun, in the place of justice, that wickedness was there; and in the place of righteousness, that wickedness was there. 17 I said in my heart, "God will judge the righteous and the wicked; for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work." 18 I said in my heart, "As for the sons of men, God tests them, so that they may see that they themselves are like animals. 19 For that which happens to the sons of men happens to animals. Even one thing happens to them. As the one dies, so the other dies. Yes, they have all one breath; and man has no advantage over the animals: for all is vanity. 20 All go to one place. All are from the dust, and all turn to dust again. 21 Who knows the spirit of man, whether it goes upward, and the spirit of the animal, whether it goes downward to the eretz?" 22 Therefore I saw that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his works; for that is his portion: for who can bring him to see what will be after him? 


NEW TESTAMENT:  2 CORINTHIANS 6:1 - 13

6:1 Working together, we entreat also that you not receive the grace of God in vain, 
2 for he says, "At an acceptable time I listened to you, In a day of salvation I helped you." Behold, now is the acceptable time. Behold, now is the day of salvation. 
3 We give no occasion of stumbling in anything, that our service may not be blamed, 
4 but in everything commending ourselves, as servants of God, in great endurance, in afflictions, in hardships, in distresses, 
5 in beatings, in imprisonments, in riots, in labors, in watchings, in fastings; 
6 in pureness, in knowledge, in patience, in kindness, in the Ruach HaKodesh, in sincere love, 
7  in the word of truth, in the power of God; by the armor of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,
8 by glory and dishonor, by evil report and good report; as deceivers, and yet true; 
9 as unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and behold, we live; as punished, and not killed; 
10 as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things. 
11 Our mouth is open to you, Corinthians. Our heart is enlarged. 
12 You are not restricted by us, but you are restricted by your own affections. 
13 Now in return, I speak as to my children, you also be enlarged.

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment