Tuesday, July 11, 2023

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - July 11 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 














JULY 11


PSALMS:  11, 41, 71, 101, 131

PROVERBS:  11

OLD TESTAMENT:  ISAIAH 60:1 - 62:5

NEW TESTAMENT:  PHILIPPIANS 1:27 - 2:18


PSALMS:  11

1 In the LORD do I take refuge. 
How can you say to my soul, 
"Flee as a bird to your mountain!" 
2 For, behold, the wicked bend their bows. 
They set their arrows on the strings, 
That they may shoot in darkness at the upright in heart. 
3 If the foundations are destroyed, 
What can the righteous do? 
4 The LORD is in his holy temple. 
The LORD is on his throne in heaven. 
His eyes observe. 
His eyes examine the children of men. 
5 The LORD examines the righteous, 
But the wicked and him who loves violence his soul hates.
6 On the wicked he will rain blazing coals; 
Fire, sulfur, and scorching wind shall be the portion of their cup. 
7 For the LORD is righteous. 
He loves righteousness. 
The upright shall see his face.


PSALMS:  41

1 Blessed is he who considers the poor: 
The LORD will deliver him in the day of evil. 
2 The LORD will preserve him, and keep him alive, 
He shall be blessed on the eretz, 
And he will not surrender him to the will of his enemies. 
3 The LORD will sustain him on his sickbed, 
And restore him from his bed of illness. 
4 I said, "LORD, have mercy on me. 
Heal me, for I have sinned against you." 
5 My enemies speak evil against me: 
"When will he die, and his name perish?" 
6 If he come to see me, he speaks falsehood. 
His heart gathers iniquity to itself. 
When he goes abroad, he tells it. 
7 All who hate me whisper together against me. 
They imagine the worst for me.
8 "An evil disease," they say, "has afflicted him. 
Now that he lies he shall rise up no more." 
9 Yes, my own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, 
Who ate bread with me, 
Has lifted up his heel against me.
10 But you, LORD, have mercy on me, and raise me up, 
That I may repay them. 
11 By this I know that you delight in me, 
Because my enemy doesn't triumph over me. 
12 As for me, you uphold me in my integrity, 
And set me in your presence forever. 
13 Blessed be the LORD, the God of Yisra'el, 
From everlasting and to everlasting! Amein and amein.


PSALMS:  71

1 In you, LORD, I take refuge. 
Never let me be put to shame. 
2 Deliver me in your righteousness, and rescue me. 
Turn your ear to me, and save me. 
3 Be to me a rock of refuge to which I may always go. 
Give the command to save me, 
For you are my rock and my fortress. 
4 Rescue me, my God, from the hand of the wicked, 
From the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man. 
5 For you are my hope, Lord GOD; 
My confidence from my youth. 
6 I have relied on you from the womb. 
You are he who took me out of my mother's womb. 
I will always praise you. 
7 I am a marvel to many, 
But you are my strong refuge. 
8 My mouth shall be filled with your praise, 
With your honor all the day. 
9 Don't reject me in my old age. 
Don't forsake me when my strength fails. 
10 For my enemies talk about me. 
Those who watch for my soul conspire together, 
11 Saying, "God has forsaken him. 
Pursue and take him, for no one will rescue him." 
12 God, don't be far from me. 
My God, hurry to help me. 
13 Let my accusers be put to shame and consumed. 
Let them be covered with disgrace and scorn who want to harm me. 
14 But I will always hope, 
And will add to all of your praise. 
15 My mouth will tell about your righteousness, 
And of your salvation all day, 
Though I don't know its full measure. 
16 I will come with the mighty acts of the Lord GOD. 
I will make mention of your righteousness, even of yours alone. 
17 God, you have taught me from my youth. 
Until now, I have declared your wondrous works. 
18 Yes, even when I am old and gray-headed, 
God, don't forsake me, 
Until I have declared your strength to the next generation, 
Your might to everyone who is to come. 
19 Your righteousness also, God, reaches to the heavens; 
You who have done great things. 
God, who is like you? 
20 You, who have shown us many and bitter troubles, 
You will let me live. 
You will bring us up again from the depths of the eretz. 
21 Increase my honor, And comfort me again. 
22 I will also praise you with the harp for your faithfulness, my God. 
I sing praises to you with the lyre, 
Holy One of Yisra'el. 
23 My lips shall shout for joy! 
My soul, which you have redeemed, sings praises to you! 
24 My tongue will also talk about your righteousness all day long, 
For they are put to shame, and they are confounded, 
who want to harm me.


PSALMS:  101

1 I will sing of loving kindness and justice. 
To you, LORD, I will sing praises. 
2 I will be careful to live a blameless life. 
When will you come to me? 
I will walk within my house with a blameless heart. 
3 I will set no vile thing before my eyes. 
I hate the deeds of faithless men. 
They will not cling to me. 
4 A perverse heart will be far from me. 
I will have nothing to do with evil. 
5 I will silence whoever secretly slanders his neighbor. 
I won't tolerate one who is haughty and conceited. 
6 My eyes will be on the faithful of the land, 
That they may dwell with me. 
He who walks in a perfect way, He will serve me.
7 He who practices deceit won't dwell within my house. 
He who speaks falsehood won't be established before my eyes. 
8 Morning by morning, I will destroy all the wicked of the land; 
To cut off all the workers of iniquity from the LORD's city.


PSALMS:  131

1 LORD, my heart isn't haughty, nor my eyes lofty; 
Neither do I concern myself with great matters, 
Or things too wonderful for me. 
2 Surely I have stilled and quieted my soul, 
Like a weaned child with his mother, 
Like a weaned child is my soul within me. 
3 Yisra'el, hope in the LORD, 
From this time forth and forevermore.


PROVERBS:  11

1 A false balance is an abomination to the LORD, 
But accurate weights are his delight. 
2 When pride comes, then comes shame, 
But with humility comes wisdom. 
3 The integrity of the upright shall guide them, 
But the perverseness of the treacherous shall destroy them. 
4 Riches don't profit in the day of wrath, 
But righteousness delivers from death. 
5 The righteousness of the blameless will direct his way, 
But the wicked shall fall by his own wickedness. 
6 The righteousness of the upright shall deliver them, 
But the unfaithful will be trapped by evil desires. 
7 When a wicked man dies, hope perishes, 
And expectation of power comes to nothing. 
8 The righteous is delivered out of trouble, 
And the wicked takes his place.
9 With his mouth the godless man destroys his neighbor, 
But the righteous will be delivered through knowledge. 
10 When it goes well with the righteous, the city rejoices. 
When the wicked perish, there is shouting. 
11 By the blessing of the upright, the city is exalted, 
But it is overthrown by the mouth of the wicked. 
12 One who despises his neighbor is void of wisdom, 
But a man of understanding holds his shalom. 
13 One who brings gossip betrays a confidence, 
But one who is of a trustworthy spirit is one who keeps a secret. 
14 Where there is no wise guidance, the nation falls, 
But in the multitude of counselors there is victory. 
15 He who is collateral for a stranger will suffer for it, 
But he who refuses pledges of collateral is secure. 
16 A gracious woman obtains honor, 
But violent men obtain riches. 
17 The merciful man does good to his own soul, 
But he who is cruel troubles his own flesh. 
18 The wicked earns deceitful wages, 
But he who sows righteousness reaps a sure reward. 
19 He who is truly righteous gets life. 
He who pursues evil gets death. 
20 Those who are perverse in heart are an abomination to the LORD, 
But those whose ways are blameless are his delight. 
21 Most assuredly, the evil man will not be unpunished, 
But the seed of the righteous will be delivered. 
22 Like a gold ring in a pig's snout, 
Is a beautiful woman who lacks discretion. 
23 The desire of the righteous is only good. 
The expectation of the wicked is wrath. 
24 There is one who scatters, and increases yet more. 
There is one who withholds more than is appropriate, but gains poverty. 
25 The liberal soul shall be made fat. 
He who waters shall be watered also himself. 
26 He who withholds grain, the people will curse him, 
But blessing will be on the head of him who sells it. 
27  He who diligently seeks good seeks favor, 
But he who searches after evil, it shall come to him. 
28 He who trusts in his riches will fall, 
But the righteous shall flourish as the green leaf. 
29 He who troubles his own house shall inherit the wind. 
The foolish shall be servant to the wise of heart. 
30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life. 
He who is wise wins souls. 
31 Behold, the righteous shall be repaid in the eretz; 
How much more the wicked and the sinner!


OLD TESTAMENT:  ISAIAH 60:1 - 62:5

60:1 Arise, shine; for your light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen on you. 2 For, behold, darkness shall cover the eretz, and gross darkness the peoples; but the LORD will arise on you, and his glory shall be seen on you. 3 Nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising. 4 Lift up your eyes round about, and see: they all gather themselves together, they come to you; your sons shall come from far, and your daughters shall be carried in the arms. 5 Then you shall see and be radiant, and your heart shall thrill and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be turned to you, the wealth of the nations shall come to you. 6 The multitude of camels shall cover you, the dromedaries of Midyan and `Efah; all they from Sheva shall come; they shall bring gold and frankincense, and shall proclaim the praises of the LORD. 7 All the flocks of Kedar shall be gathered together to you, the rams of Nevayot shall minister to you; they shall come up with acceptance on my altar; and I will glorify the house of my glory. 8 Who are these who fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows? 9 Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring your sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, for the name of the LORD your God, and for the Holy One of Yisra'el, because he has glorified you. 10 Foreigners shall build up your walls, and their kings shall minister to you: for in my wrath I struck you, but in my favor have I had mercy on you. 11 Your gates also shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night; that men may bring to you the wealth of the nations, and their kings led captive. 12 For that nation and kingdom that will not serve you shall perish; yes, those nations shall be utterly wasted.13 The glory of Levanon shall come to you, the fir tree, the pine, and the box tree together, to beautify the place of my sanctuary; and I will make the place of my feet glorious. 14 The sons of those who afflicted you shall come bending to you; and all those who despised you shall bow themselves down at the soles of your feet; and they shall call you The city of the LORD, The Tziyon of the Holy One of Yisra'el. 15 Whereas you have been forsaken and hated, so that no man passed through you, I will make you an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations. 16 You shall also suck the milk of the nations, and shall suck the breast of kings; and you shall know that I, the LORD, am your Savior, and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Ya`akov. 17 For brass I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for stones iron. I will also make your officers shalom, and righteousness your ruler. 
18 Violence shall no more be heard in your land, desolation nor destruction within your borders; but you shall call your walls Salvation, and your gates Praise. 19 The sun shall be no more your light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light to you: but the LORD will be to you an everlasting light, and your God your glory. 20 Your sun shall no more go down, neither shall your moon withdraw itself; for the LORD will be your everlasting light, and the days of your mourning shall be ended. 21 Your people also shall be all righteous; they shall inherit the land forever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified. 22 The little one shall become a thousand, and the small one a strong nation; I, the LORD, will hasten it in its time. 

61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is on me; because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the humble; he has sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening [of the prison] to those who are bound; 2 to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; 3 to appoint to those who mourn in Tziyon, to give to them a garland for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they may be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he may be glorified. 4 They shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations. 5 Strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and foreigners shall be your plowmen and your vine-dressers. 6 But you shall be named the Kohanim of the LORD; men shall call you the ministers of our God: you shall eat the wealth of the nations, and in their glory shall you boast yourselves. 7 Instead of your shame [you shall have] double; and instead of dishonor they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess double; everlasting joy shall be to them. 8 For I, the LORD, love justice, I hate robbery with iniquity; and I will give them their recompense in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them. 9 Their seed shall be known among the nations, and their offspring among the peoples; all who see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD has blessed.10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation, he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. 11 For as the eretz brings forth its bud, and as the garden causes the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations. 

62:1 For Tziyon's sake will I not hold my shalom, and for Yerushalayim's sake I will not rest, until her righteousness go forth as brightness, and her yeshu`ah as a lamp that burns. 2 The nations shall see your righteousness, and all kings your glory, and you shall be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name. 3 You shall also be a crown of beauty in the hand of the LORD, and a royal diadem in the hand of your God. 4 You shall no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall your land any more be termed Desolate: but you shall be called Heftzi-Bah, and your land Beulah; for the LORD delights in you, and your land shall be married. 5 For as a young man marries a virgin, so shall your sons marry you; and as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God rejoice over you. 


NEW TESTAMENT:  PHILIPPIANS 1:27 - 2:18

1:27 Only let your manner of life be worthy of the Good News of Messiah, that, whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of your state, that you stand firm in one spirit, with one soul striving for the faith of the Good News; 28 and in nothing frightened by the adversaries, which is for them a proof of destruction, but to you of salvation, and that from God. 29 Because it has been granted to you on behalf of Messiah, not only to believe in him, but also to suffer on his behalf, 30 having the same conflict which you saw in me, and now hear is in me. 

2:1 If there is therefore any exhortation in Messiah, if any consolation of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any tender mercies and compassion, 2 make my joy full, that you be of the same mind, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind; 3 doing nothing through rivalry or through conceit, but in humility, each counting others better than himself; 4 each of you not just looking to his own things, but each of you also to the things of others. 5 Have this in your mind, which was also in Messiah Yeshua, 6 who, existing in the form of God, didn't consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself, becoming obedient to death, yes, the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also highly exalted him, and gave to him the name which is above every name; 10 that at the name of Yeshua every knee would bow, of those in heaven, those on eretz, and those under the eretz,11 and that every tongue would confess that Yeshua the Messiah is Lord, to the glory of God, the Father. 12 So then, my beloved, even as you have always obeyed, not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13 For it is God who works in you both to will and to work, for his good pleasure. 14 Do all things without murmurings and disputes, 15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you are seen as lights in the world, 
16 holding up the word of life; that I may have something to boast in the day of Messiah, that I didn't run in vain nor labor in vain. 17 Yes, and if I am poured out on the sacrifice and service of your faith, I rejoice, and rejoice with you all. 18 In the same way, you also rejoice, and rejoice with me. 

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment