Thursday, July 6, 2023

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - June 4 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 















JUNE 4


PSALMS:   4, 34, 64, 94, 124

PROVERBS:  4

OLD TESTAMENT:  JOB 12:1 - 15:35

NEW TESTAMENT:  1 CORINTHIANS 15:29 - 58


PSALMS:  4

1 For the leader. 
With stringed instruments. 
A psalm of David: 
O God, my vindicator! 
Answer me when I call! 
When I was distressed, you set me free; 
now have mercy on me, and hear my prayer. 
2 Men of rank, how long will you shame my honor, 
love what is vain, chase after lies? 
(Selah) 
3 Understand that ADONAI sets apart the godly person for himself; 
ADONAI will hear when I call to him. 
4 You can be angry, but do not sin! 
Think about this as you lie in bed, and calm down. 
(Selah) 
5 Offer sacrifices rightly, 
and put your trust in ADONAI. 
6 Many ask, "Who can show us some good?" 
ADONAI, lift the light of your face over us! 
7 You have filled my heart with more joy 
than all their grain and new wine. 
8 I will lie down and sleep in peace; 
for, ADONAI, you alone make me live securely.


PSALMS:  34

1 By David, 
when he pretended to be insane before Avimelekh, 
who then drove him away; 
so he left: 
I will bless ADONAI at all times; 
his praise will always be in my mouth. 
2 When I boast, it will be about ADONAI; 
the humble will hear of it and be glad. 
3 Proclaim with me the greatness of ADONAI; 
let us exalt his name together. 
4 I sought ADONAI, and he answered me; 
he rescued me from everything I feared. 
5 They looked to him and grew radiant; 
their faces will never blush for shame. 
6 This poor man cried; 
ADONAI heard and saved him from all his troubles. 
7 The angel of ADONAI, 
who encamps around those who fear him, delivers them. 
8 Taste, and see that ADONAI is good. 
How blessed are those who take refuge in him! 
9 Fear ADONAI, you holy ones of his, 
for those who fear him lack nothing. 
10 Young lions can be needy, they can go hungry, 
but those who seek ADONAI lack nothing good. 
11 Come, children, listen to me; 
I will teach you the fear of ADONAI. 
12 Which of you takes pleasure in living? 
Who wants a long life to see good things?
13 [If you do,] keep your tongue from evil 
and your lips from deceiving talk; 
14 turn from evil, and do good; 
seek peace, go after it! 
15 The eyes of ADONAI watch over the righteous, 
and his ears are open to their cry. 
16 But the face of ADONAI opposes those who do evil, 
to cut off all memory of them from the earth. 
17 [The righteous] cried out, and ADONAI heard, 
and he saved them from all their troubles. 
18 ADONAI is near those with broken hearts; 
he saves those whose spirit is crushed. 
19 The righteous person suffers many evils, 
but ADONAI rescues him out of them all. 
20 He protects all his bones; 
not one of them gets broken. 
21 Evil will kill the wicked, and those who 
hate the righteous will be condemned.
22 But ADONAI redeems his servants; 
no one who takes refuge in him will be condemned.


PSALMS:  64

1 For the leader. 
A psalm of David: 
Hear my voice, God, as I plead: 
preserve my life from fear of the enemy. 
2 Hide me from the secret intrigues of the wicked 
and the open insurrection of evildoers. 
3 They sharpen their tongues like a sword; 
they aim their arrows, poisoned words, 
4 in order to shoot from cover at the innocent, 
shooting suddenly and fearing nothing. 
5 They support each other's evil plans; 
they talk of hiding snares and ask, "Who would see them?"
6 They search for ways to commit crimes, 
bringing their diligent search to completion when each 
of them has thought it through in the depth of his heart. 
7  Suddenly God shoots them down with an arrow, 
leaving them with wounds; 
8 their own tongues make them stumble. 
All who see them shake their heads. 
9 Everyone is awestruck they acknowledge that it is God at work, 
they understand what he has done. 
10 The righteous will rejoice in ADONAI; 
they will take refuge in him; 
all the upright in heart will exult.


PSALMS:  94

1 God of vengeance, ADONAI! 
God of vengeance, appear! 
2 Assert yourself as judge of the earth! 
Pay back the proud as they deserve! 
3 How long are the wicked, ADONAI, 
how long are the wicked to triumph? 
4 They pour out insolent words, 
they go on bragging, all these evildoers. 
5 They crush your people, ADONAI, 
they oppress your heritage. 
6 They kill widows and strangers 
and murder the fatherless. 
7 They say, "Yah isn't looking; 
the God of Ya'akov won't notice." 
8 Take notice, yourselves, you boors among the people! 
You fools, when will you understand? 
9 Will the one who planted the ear not hear? 
Will the one who formed the eye not see?
10 Will the one who disciplines nations not correct them? 
Will the teacher of humanity not know? 
11 ADONAI understands that people's thoughts 
are merely a puff of wind. 
12 How happy the man whom you correct, Yah, 
whom you teach from your Torah, 
13 giving him respite from days of trouble, 
till a pit is dug for the wicked! 
14 For ADONAI will not desert his people, 
he will not abandon his heritage. 
15 Justice will once again become righteous, 
and all the upright in heart will follow it. 
16 Who will champion my cause against the wicked? 
Who will stand up for me against evildoers? 
17 If ADONAI hadn't helped me, 
I would soon have dwelt in the land of silence. 
18 When I said, "My foot is slipping!"
your grace, ADONAI, supported me. 
19 When my cares within me are many, 
your comforts cheer me up. 
20 Can unjust judges be allied with you, 
those producing wrong in the name of law? 
21 They band together against the righteous 
and condemn the innocent to death. 
22 But ADONAI has become my stronghold, 
my God is my rock of refuge.
23 But he repays them as their guilt deserves; 
he will cut them off with their own evil; 
ADONAI our God will cut them off.


PSALMS:  124

1 A song of ascents. 
By David: 
If ADONAI hadn't been for us -let Isra'el repeat it - 
2 If ADONAI hadn't been for us 
when people rose to attack us, 
3 then, when their anger blazed against us, 
they would have swallowed us alive! 
4 Then the water would have engulfed us, 
the torrent would have swept over us. 
5 Yes, the raging water would have swept right over us. 
6 Blessed be ADONAI, 
who did not leave us to be a prey for their teeth! 
7 We escaped like a bird from the hunter's trap; 
the trap is broken, and we have escaped. 
8 Our help is in the name of ADONAI, 
the maker of heaven and earth.


PROVERBS:  4

1 Listen, children, to a father's instruction; 
pay attention, in order to gain insight; 
2 for I am giving you good advice; 
so don't abandon my teaching. 
3 For I too was once a child to my father; 
and my mother, too, thought of me as her special darling. 
4 He too taught me; he said to me, 
"Let your heart treasure my words; 
keep my commands, and live; 
5 gain wisdom, gain insight; 
don't forget or turn from the words I am saying. 
6 Don't abandon [wisdom]; 
then she will preserve you; 
love her, and she will protect you. 
7 The beginning of wisdom is: get wisdom! 
And along with all your getting, get insight! 
8 Cherish her, and she will exalt you; 
embrace her, and she will bring you honor; 
9 she will give your head a garland of grace, 
bestow on you a crown of glory." 
10 Listen, my son, receive what I say, 
and the years of your life will be many. 
11 I'm directing you on the way of wisdom, 
guiding you in paths of uprightness; 
12 when you walk, your step won't be hindered; 
and if you run, you won't stumble. 
13 Hold fast to discipline, don't let it go; 
guard it, for it is your life. 
14 Don't follow the path of the wicked 
or walk on the way of evildoers.
15 Avoid it, don't go on it, 
turn away from it, and pass on. 
16 For they can't sleep if they haven't done evil, 
they are robbed of sleep unless they make someone fall. 
17  For they eat the bread of wickedness 
and drink the wine of violence. 
18 But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, 
shining ever brighter until full daylight. 
19 The way of the wicked is like darkness; 
they don't even know what makes them stumble. 
20 My son, pay attention to what I am saying; 
incline your ear to my words. 
21 Don't let them out of your sight, 
keep them deep in your heart; 
22 for they are life to those who find them 
and health to their whole being. 
23 Above everything else, guard your heart; 
for it is the source of life's consequences. 
24 Keep crooked speech out of your mouth, 
banish deceit from your lips. 
25 Let your eyes look straight ahead, 
fix your gaze on what lies in front of you. 
26 Level the path for your feet, 
let all your ways be properly prepared; 
27 then deviate neither right nor left; 
and keep your foot far from evil.


OLD TESTAMENT:  JOB 12:1 - 15:35

12:1 Then Iyov answered, 2 "No doubt, but you are the people, And wisdom shall die with you. 3 But I have understanding as well as you; I am not inferior to you: Yes, who doesn't know such things as these? 4 I am like one who is a joke to his neighbor, I, who called on God, and he answered. The just, the blameless man is a joke. 5 In the thought of him who is at ease there is contempt for misfortune, It is ready for them whose foot slips. 6 The tents of robbers prosper, Those who provoke God are secure; Who carry their God in their hands. 7 "But ask the animals, now, and they shall teach you; The birds of the sky, and they shall tell you. 8 Or speak to the eretz, and it shall teach you; The fish of the sea shall declare to you. 9 Who doesn't know that in all these, The hand of the LORD has done this, 10 In whose hand is the life of every living thing, The breath of all mankind? 11 Doesn't the ear try words, Even as the palate tastes its food? 12 With aged men is wisdom, In length of days understanding. 13 "With God is wisdom and might. He has counsel and understanding. 14 Behold, he breaks down, and it can't be built again; He imprisons a man, and there can be no release. 15 Behold, he withholds the waters, and they dry up; Again, he sends them out, and they overturn the eretz. 16 With him is strength and wisdom; The deceived and the deceiver are his. 
17  He leads counselors away stripped. He makes judges fools. 18 He loosens the bond of kings, He binds their loins with a belt. 19 He leads Kohanim away stripped, And overthrows the mighty. 20 He removes the speech of those who are trusted, And takes away the understanding of the Zakenim. 21He pours contempt on princes, And loosens the belt of the strong. 22 He uncovers deep things out of darkness, And brings out to light the shadow of death. 23 He increases the nations, and he destroys them. He enlarges the nations, and he leads them captive. 24 He takes away understanding from the chiefs of the people of the eretz, And causes them to wander in a wilderness where there is no way. 25 They grope in the dark without light. He makes them stagger like a drunken man. 

13:1 "Behold, my eye has seen all this, My ear has heard and understood it. 2 What you know, I know also. I am not inferior to you. 3 "Surely I would speak to Shaddai. I desire to reason with God. 4 But you are forgers of lies. You are all physicians of no value. 5 Oh that you would be completely silent! Then you would be wise. 6 Hear now my reasoning. Listen to the pleadings of my lips. 7  Will you speak unrighteously for God, And talk deceitfully for him? 8 Will you show partiality to him? Will you contend for God? 9 Is it good that he should search you out? Or as one deceives a man, will you deceive him? 
10 He will surely reprove you If you secretly show partiality. 11 Shall not his majesty make you afraid, And his dread fall on you? 12 Your memorable sayings are proverbs of ashes, Your defenses are defenses of clay. 13 "Be silent, leave me alone, that I may speak. Let come on me what will. 14 Why should I take my flesh in my teeth, And put my life in my hand? 15 Behold, he will kill me; I have no hope. Nevertheless, I will maintain my ways before him. 16 This also shall be my salvation, That a godless man shall not come before him. 17  Hear diligently my speech. Let my declaration be in your ears. 18 See now, I have set my cause in order. I know that I am righteous. 19 Who is he who will contend with me? For then would I hold my shalom and give up the spirit. 20 "Only don't do two things to me; Then I will not hide myself from your face: 21 Withdraw your hand far from me; And don't let your terror make me afraid. 22 Then call, and I will answer; Or let me speak, and you answer me. 23 How many are my iniquities and sins? Make me know my disobedience and my sin. 24 Why hide you your face, And hold me for your enemy? 25 Will you harass a driven leaf? Will you pursue the dry stubble? 26 For you write bitter things against me, And make me inherit the iniquities of my youth: 27 You also put my feet in the stocks, And mark all my paths. You set a bound to the soles of my feet: 28 Though I am decaying like a rotten thing, Like a garment that is moth-eaten. 

14:1 "Man, who is born of a woman, Is of few days, and full of trouble. 2 He comes forth like a flower, and is cut down. He also flees like a shadow, and doesn't continue. 3 Do you open your eyes on such a one, And bring me into judgment with you? 4 Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? Not one. 5 Seeing his days are determined, The number of his months is with you, And you have appointed his bounds that he can't pass; 6 Look away from him, that he may rest, Until he shall accomplish, as a hireling, his day. 7 "For there is hope for a tree, If it is cut down, that it will sprout again, That the tender branch of it will not cease. 8 Though the root of it grows old in the eretz, And the stock of it dies in the ground; 9 Yet through the scent of water it will bud, And put forth boughs like a plant. 10 But man dies, and is laid low. Yes, man gives up the spirit, and where is he? 11 As the waters fail from the sea, And the river wastes and dries up, 12 So man lies down and doesn't rise; Until the heavens are no more, they shall not awake, Nor be roused out of their sleep. 13"Oh that you would hide me in She'ol, That you would keep me secret, until your wrath is past, That you would appoint me a set time, and remember me! 14 If a man dies, shall he live again? All the days of my warfare would I wait, Until my release should come. 15 You would call, and I would answer you. You would have a desire to the work of your hands. 16 But now you number my steps. Don't you watch over my sin? 17 My disobedience is sealed up in a bag. You fasten up my iniquity. 18 "But the mountain falling comes to nothing; The rock is removed out of its place; 19 The waters wear the stones; The torrents of it wash away the dust of the eretz: So you destroy the hope of man. 20 You forever prevail against him, and he passes; You change his face, and send him away. 21 His sons come to honor, and he doesn't know it; They are brought low, but he doesn't perceive it of them. 22 But his flesh on him has pain; His soul within him mourns." 

15:1 Then Elifaz the Temanite answered, 2 "Should a wise man answer with vain knowledge, And fill himself with the east wind? 3 Should he reason with unprofitable talk, Or with speeches with which he can do no good? 4 Yes, you do away with fear, And hinder devotion before God. 5 For your iniquity teaches your mouth, And you choose the language of the crafty. 6 Your own mouth condemns you, and not I; Yes, your own lips testify against you. 7 "Are you the first man who was born? Or were you brought forth before the hills? 8 Have you heard the secret counsel of God? Do you limit wisdom to yourself? 9 What do you know, that we don't know? What do you understand, which is not in us? 10 With us are both the gray-headed and the very aged men, Much elder than your father. 11 Are the consolations of God too small for you, Even the word that is gentle toward you? 12 Why does your heart carry you away? Why do your eyes flash, 13 That you turn your spirit against God, And let such words go out of your mouth? 14 What is man, that he should be clean? He who is born of a woman, that he should be righteous? 15 Behold, he puts no trust in his holy ones; Yes, the heavens are not clean in his sight: 16 How much less one who is abominable and corrupt, A man who drinks iniquity like water! 17  "I will show you, listen to me; That which I have seen I will declare: 18 (Which wise men have told From their fathers, and have not hidden it; 19 To whom alone the land was given, And no stranger passed among them): 20 The wicked man travails with pain all his days, Even the number of years that are laid up for the oppressor. 21 A sound of terrors is in his ears; In prosperity the destroyer shall come on him. 22 He doesn't believe that he shall return out of darkness, He is waited for by the sword. 23 He wanders abroad for bread, saying, 'Where is it?' He knows that the day of darkness is ready at his hand. 24 Distress and anguish make him afraid; They prevail against him, as a king ready to the battle. 25 Because he has stretched out his hand against God, And behaves himself proudly against Shaddai; 26 He runs at him with a stiff neck, With the thick shields of his bucklers; 27 Because he has covered his face with his fatness, And gathered fat on his loins. 28 He has lived in desolate cities, In houses which no one inhabited, Which were ready to become heaps. 29 He shall not be rich, neither shall his substance continue, Neither shall their possessions be extended on the eretz. 30 He shall not depart out of darkness; The flame shall dry up his branches, By the breath of God's mouth shall he go away. 31 Let him not trust in emptiness, deceiving himself; For emptiness shall be his reward. 32 It shall be accomplished before his time. His branch shall not be green. 33 He shall shake off his unripe grape as the vine, And shall cast off his flower as the olive tree. 34 For the company of the godless shall be barren, And fire shall consume the tents of bribery. 35 They conceive mischief, and bring forth iniquity. Their heart prepares deceit." 


NEW TESTAMENT:  1 CORINTHIANS 15:29 - 58

15:29 Or else what will they do who are immersed for the dead? If the dead aren't raised at all, why then are they immersed for the dead?
30 Why do we also stand in jeopardy every hour? 
31 I die daily, by your boasting which I have in Messiah Yeshua our Lord. 
32 If I fought with animals at Ephesus like men, what does it profit me? If the dead are not raised, then "let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die."
33 Don't be deceived! "Evil companionships corrupt good morals."
34 Wake up righteously, and don't sin, for some have no knowledge of God. I say this to your shame. 
35 But some one will say, "How are the dead raised?" and, "With what kind of body do they come?"
36 You foolish one, that which you yourself sow is not made alive unless it dies. 
37 That which you sow, you don't sow the body that will be, but a bare grain, maybe of wheat, or of some other kind. 
38But God gives it a body even as it pleased him, and to each seed a body of its own. 
39 All flesh is not the same flesh, but there is one flesh of men, another flesh of animals, another of fish, and another of birds. 
40 There are also celestial bodies, and terrestrial bodies; but the glory of the celestial differs from that of the terrestrial. 
41 There is one glory of the sun, another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differs from another star in glory. 
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption. 
43 It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power. 
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body and there is also a spiritual body. 
45 So also it is written, "The first man, Adam, became a living soul." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 
46 However that which is spiritual isn't first, but that which is natural, then that which is spiritual. 
47 The first man is of the eretz, made of dust. The second man is the Lord from heaven. 
48 As is the one made of dust, such are those who are also made of dust; and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. 
49 As we have borne the image of those made of dust, let's also bear the image of the heavenly. 
50 Now I say this, brothers, that flesh and blood can't inherit the kingdom of God; neither does corruption inherit incorruption. 
51 Behold, I tell you a mystery. We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, 
52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last shofar. For the shofar will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we will be changed. 
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 
54 But when this corruptible will have put on incorruption, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then what is written will happen: "Death is swallowed up in victory." 
55 "Death, where is your sting? She'ol, where is your victory?" 
56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 
57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Yeshua the Messiah. 
58 Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the Lord's work, because you know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment