Thursday, July 6, 2023

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - June 3 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 













JUNE 3


PSALMS:   3, 33, 63, 93, 123

PROVERBS:  3

OLD TESTAMENT:  JOB 8:1 - 11:20

NEW TESTAMENT:  1 CORINTHIANS 15:1 - 28


PSALMS:  3

1 A psalm of David, 
when he fled from Avshalom his son: 
ADONAI, how many enemies I have! 
How countless are those attacking me; 
2 how countless those who say of me, 
"There is no salvation for him in God." 
(Selah) 
3 But you, ADONAI, are a shield for me; 
you are my glory, you lift my head high. 
4 With my voice I call out to ADONAI, 
and he answers me from his holy hill. 
(Selah) 
5 I lie down and sleep, then wake up again, 
because ADONAI sustains me. 
6 I am not afraid of the tens of thousands 
set against me on every side. 
7 Rise up, ADONAI! 
Save me, my God! 
For you slap all my enemies in the face, 
you smash the teeth of the wicked. 
8 Victory comes from ADONAI; 
may your blessing rest on your people. 
(Selah)


PSALMS:  33

1 Rejoice in ADONAI, you righteous! 
Praise is well-suited to the upright. 
2 Give thanks to ADONAI with the lyre, 
sing praises to him with a ten-stringed harp. 
3 Sing to him a new song, 
make music at your best among shouts of joy. 
4 For the word of ADONAI is true, 
and all his work is trustworthy. 
5 He loves righteousness and justice; 
the earth is full of the grace of ADONAI. 
6 By the word of ADONAI the heavens were made, 
and their whole host by a breath from his mouth. 
7 He collects the sea waters together in a heap; 
he puts the deeps in storehouses. 
8 Let all the earth fear ADONAI! 
Let all living in the world stand in awe of him. 
9 For he spoke, and there it was; 
he commanded, and there it stood. 
10 ADONAI brings to nothing the plans of nations, 
he foils the plans of the peoples. 
11 But the counsel of ADONAI stands forever, 
his heart's plans are for all generations. 
12 How blessed is the nation whose God is ADONAI, 
the people he chose as his heritage! 
13 ADONAI looks out from heaven; 
he sees every human being; 
14 from the place where he lives he 
watches everyone living on earth, 
15 he who fashioned the hearts of them 
all and understands all they do. 
16 A king is not saved by the size of his army, 
a strong man not delivered by his great strength. 
17 To rely on a horse for safety is vain, 
nor does its great power assure escape. 
18 But ADONAI's eyes watch over those who fear him, 
over those who wait for his grace 
19 to rescue them from death 
and keep them alive in famine. 
20 We are waiting for ADONAI;
 he is our help and shield. 
21 For in him our hearts rejoice, 
because we trust in his holy name. 
22 May your mercy, ADONAI, be over us, 
because we put our hope in you.


PSALMS:  63

1 A psalm of David, 
when he was in the desert of Y'hudah: 
O God, you are my God; 
I will seek you eagerly. 
My heart thirsts for you, 
my body longs for you in a land parched and exhausted, 
where no water can be found. 
2 I used to contemplate you in the sanctuary, 
seeing your power and glory; 
3 for your grace is better than life. 
My lips will worship you. 
4 Yes, I will bless you as long as I live; 
in your name I will lift up my hands. 
5 I am as satisfied as with rich food; 
my mouth praises you with joy on my lips 
6 when I remember you on my bed 
and meditate on you in the night watches. 
7 For you have been my help; 
in the shadow of your wings I rejoice; 
8 my heart clings to you; 
your right hand supports me. 
9 But those who seek to destroy my life -may 
they go to the lowest parts of the earth. 
10 May they be given over to the power of the sword; 
may they become prey for jackals. 
11 But the king will rejoice in God. 
Everyone who swears by him will exult, 
for the mouths of liars will be silenced.


PSALMS:  93

1 ADONAI is king, robed in majesty; 
ADONAI is robed, girded with strength; 
The world is well established; 
it cannot be moved. 
2 Your throne was established long ago; 
you have existed forever. 
3 ADONAI, the deep is raising up, the deep is raising up 
its voice, the deep is raising its crashing waves. 
4 More than the sound of rushing waters or the mighty breakers of the sea, 
ADONAI on high is mighty.
5 Your instructions are very sure; 
holiness befits your house, 
ADONAI, for all time to come.


PSALMS:  123

1 A song of ascents: 
I raise my eyes to you, whose throne is in heaven. 
2 As a servant looks to the hand of his master, 
or a slave-girl to the hand of her mistress, 
so our eyes turn to ADONAI our God, 
until he has mercy on us. 
3 Have mercy on us, ADONAI, have mercy; 
for we have had our fill of contempt, 
4 more than our fill of scorn from the complacent 
and contempt from the arrogant.


PROVERBS:  3

1 My son, don't forget my teaching, 
keep my commands in your heart; 
2 for they will add to you many days, 
years of life and peace.
3 Do not let grace and truth leave you -bind them around your neck; 
write them on the tablet of your heart. 
4 Then you will win favor and esteem 
in the sight of God and of people. 
5 Trust in ADONAI with all your heart; 
do not rely on your own understanding. 
6 In all your ways acknowledge him; 
then he will level your paths. 
7 Don't be conceited about your own wisdom; 
but fear ADONAI, and turn from evil. 
8 This will bring health to your body 
and give strength to your bones. 
9 Honor ADONAI with your wealth 
and with the firstfruits of all your income. 
10 Then your granaries will be filled 
and your vats overflow with new wine. 
11 My son, don't despise ADONAI's discipline 
or resent his reproof; 
12 for ADONAI corrects those he loves 
like a father who delights in his son. 
13 Happy the person who finds wisdom, 
the person who acquires understanding; 
14 for her profit exceeds that of silver, 
gaining her is better than gold, 
15 she is more precious than pearls -nothing 
you want can compare with her.
16 Long life is in her right hand, 
riches and honor in her left. 
17 Her ways are pleasant ways, 
and all her paths are peace. 
18 She is a tree of life to those who grasp her; 
whoever holds fast to her will be made happy. 
19 ADONAI by wisdom founded the earth, 
by understanding he established the heavens, 
20 by his knowledge the deep [springs] burst open 
and the dew condenses from the sky. 
21 My son, don't let these slip from your sight; 
preserve common sense and discretion; 
22 they will be life for your being 
and grace for your neck. 
23 Then you will walk your way securely, 
without hurting your foot. 
24 When you lie down, you will not be afraid; 
when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. 
25 Don't be afraid of sudden terror or destruction caused by the wicked, 
when it comes; 
26 for you can rely on ADONAI; 
he will keep your foot from being caught in a trap.
27 Don't withhold good from someone entitled to it when 
you have in hand the power to do it. 
28 Don't tell your neighbor, "Go away! 
Come another time; 
I'll give it to you tomorrow," 
when you have it now.
29 Don't plan harm against your neighbor who lives beside you trustingly. 
30 Don't quarrel with someone for no reason, if he has done you no harm. 
31 Don't envy a man of violence, don't choose any of his ways; 
32 for the perverse is an abomination to ADONAI, 
but he shares his secret counsel with the upright. 
33 ADONAI's curse is in the house of the wicked, 
but he blesses the home of the righteous. 
34 The scornful he scorns, 
but gives grace to the humble.
35 The wise win honor, 
but fools win shame.


OLD TESTAMENT:  JOB 8:1 - 11:20

8:1 Then Bildad the Shuchite answered, 2 "How long will you speak these things? Shall the words of your mouth be a mighty wind? 3 Does God pervert justice? Or does Shaddai pervert righteousness? 4 I f your children have sinned against him, He has delivered them into the hand of their disobedience; 5 If you want to seek God diligently, Make your supplication to Shaddai. 6 If you were pure and upright, Surely now he would awaken for you, And make the habitation of your righteousness prosperous. 7 Though your beginning was small, Yet your latter end would greatly increase. 8 "Please inquire of past generations, Find out about the learning of their fathers. 9 (For we are but of yesterday, and know nothing, Because our days on eretz are a shadow.) 10 Shall they not teach you, tell you, And utter words out of their heart? 11 "Can the papyrus grow up without mire? Can the rushes grow without water? 12 While it is yet in its greenness, not cut down, It withers before any other reed. 13 So are the paths of all who forget God. The hope of the godless man shall perish, 14 Whose confidence shall break apart, Whose trust is a spider's web. 15 He shall lean on his house, but it shall not stand. He shall cling to it, but it shall not endure. 16 He is green before the sun, His shoots go forth over his garden. 17  His roots are wrapped around the rock pile, He sees the place of stones. 18 If he is destroyed from his place, Then it shall deny him, saying, 'I have not seen you.' 19 Behold, this is the joy of his way: Out of the eretz shall others spring.20 "Behold, God will not cast away a blameless man, Neither will he uphold the evil-doers. 21 He will still fill your mouth with laughter, Your lips with shouting. 22 Those who hate you shall be clothed with shame. The tent of the wicked shall be no more." 

9;1 Then Iyov answered, 2 "Truly I know that it is so, But how can man be just with God? 3 If he is pleased to contend with him, He can't answer him one time in a thousand. 4 God who is wise in heart, and mighty in strength: Who has hardened himself against him, and prospered? 5 Who removes the mountains, and they don't know it, When he overturns them in his anger 6 Who shakes the eretz out of its place; The pillars of it tremble; 7  Who commands the sun, and it doesn't rise, And seals up the stars; 8 Who alone stretches out the heavens, Treads on the waves of the sea; 9 Who makes Ayish, Kesil, and the Kima, And the chambers of the south; 10 Who does great things past finding out, Yes, marvelous things without number. 11 Behold, he goes by me, and I don't see him. He passes on also, but I don't perceive him. 12 Behold, he snatches away; who can hinder him? Who will ask him, 'What are you doing?' 13 "God will not withdraw his anger; The helpers of Rachav stoop under him. 14 How much less shall I answer him, Choose my words to argue with him? 15 Whom, though I were righteous, yet would I not answer. I would make supplication to my judge. 16 If I had called, and he had answered me, Yet would I not believe that he listened to my voice. 17 For he breaks me with a tempest, Multiplies my wounds without cause. 18 He will not allow me to take my breath, But fills me with bitterness. 19 If it is a matter of strength, behold, he is mighty! If of justice, 'Who,' says he, 'will summon me?' 20 Though I am righteous, my own mouth shall condemn me. Though I am blameless, it shall prove me perverse. 21 I am blameless. I don't regard myself. I despise my life. 22 "It is all the same. Therefore I say, He destroys the blameless and the wicked. 23 If the scourge kills suddenly, He will mock at the trial of the innocent. 24 The eretz is given into the hand of the wicked. He covers the faces of the judges of it. If not he, then who is it? 25"Now my days are swifter than a runner. They flee away, they see no good, 26 They have passed away as the swift ships, As the eagle that swoops on the prey. 27 If I say, 'I will forget my complaint, I will put off my sad face, and cheer up;' 28 I am afraid of all my sorrows, I know that you will not hold me innocent. 29 I shall be condemned; Why then do I labor in vain? 30 If I wash myself with snow, And cleanse my hands with lye, 31 Yet you will plunge me in the ditch. My own clothes shall abhor me. 32 For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, That we should come together in judgment. 33 There is no umpire between us, That might lay his hand on us both. 34 Let him take his rod away from me, Let his terror not make me afraid: 35 Then I would speak, and not fear him, For I am not so in myself. 

10:1 "My soul is weary of my life; I will give free course to my complaint. I will speak in the bitterness of my soul. 2 I will tell God, 'Do not condemn me, Show me why you contend with me. 3 Is it good to you that you should oppress, That you should despise the work of your hands, And smile on the counsel of the wicked? 4 Do you have eyes of flesh? Or do you see as man sees? 5 Are your days as the days of mortals, Or your years as man's years, 6 That you inquire after my iniquity, And search after my sin? 7 Although you know that I am not wicked, There is no one who can deliver out of your hand. 8 'Your hands have framed me and fashioned me altogether; Yet you destroy me. 9 Remember, I beg you, that you have fashioned me as clay. Will you bring me into dust again? 10 Haven't you poured me out like milk, And curdled me like cheese? 11 You have clothed me with skin and flesh, And knit me together with bones and sinews. 12 You have granted me life and lovingkindness. Your visitation has preserved my spirit. 13 Yet you hid these things in your heart. I know that this is with you: 14 If I sin, then you mark me. You will not acquit me from my iniquity. 15 If I am wicked, woe to me. If I am righteous, I still shall not lift up my head, Being filled with disgrace, And conscious of my affliction. 16 If my head is held high, you hunt me like a lion. Again you show yourself powerful to me. 17 You renew your witnesses against me, And increase your indignation on me. Changes and warfare are with me. 18 "'Why, then, have you brought me forth out of the womb? I wish I had given up the spirit, and no eye had seen me. 19 I should have been as though I had not been. I should have been carried from the womb to the grave. 20 Aren't my days few? Cease then, Leave me alone, that I may find a little comfort, 21 Before I go where I shall not return from, To the land of darkness and of the shadow of death; 22 The land dark as midnight, Of the shadow of death, without any order, Where the light is as midnight.'" 

11:1 Then Tzofar, the Na`amatite, answered, 2 "Shouldn't the multitude of words be answered? Should a man full of talk be justified? 3 Should your boastings make men hold their shalom? When you mock, shall no man make you ashamed? 4 For you say, 'My doctrine is pure, I am clean in your eyes.' 5 But oh that God would speak, And open his lips against you, 6 That he would show you the secrets of wisdom! For true wisdom has two sides. Know therefore that God exacts of you less than your iniquity deserves. 7 "Can you fathom the mystery of God? Or can you probe the limits of Shaddai? 8 They are high as heaven. What can you do? Deeper than She'ol: what can you know? 9 The measure of it is longer than the eretz, And broader than the sea. 10 If he passes by, or confines, Or convenes a court, then who can oppose him? 11 For he knows false men. He sees iniquity also, even though he doesn't consider it. 12 But vain man can become wise If a man can be born as a wild donkey's colt. 13 "If you set your heart aright, Stretch out your hands toward him. 14 If iniquity is in your hand, put it far away, Don't let unrighteousness dwell in your tents. 15 Surely then shall you lift up your face without spot; Yes, you shall be steadfast, and shall not fear: 16 For you shall forget your misery; You shall remember it as waters that are passed away, 17 Life shall be clearer than the noonday; Though there is darkness, it shall be as the morning. 18 You shall be secure, because there is hope; Yes, you shall search, and shall take your rest in safety. 19 Also you shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid; Yes, many shall court your favor. 20 But the eyes of the wicked shall fail, They shall have no way to flee; Their hope shall be the giving up of the spirit." 



NEW TESTAMENT:  1 CORINTHIANS 15:1 - 28

15:1 Now I declare to you, brothers, the Good News which I preached to you, which also you received, in which you also stand, 
2 by which also you are saved, if you hold firmly the word which I preached to you -- unless you believed in vain. 
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which also I received: that Messiah died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 
4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 
5 and that he appeared to Kefa, then to the twelve. 
6 Then he appeared to over five hundred brothers at once, most of whom remain until now, but some have also fallen asleep. 
7  Then he appeared to Ya`akov, then to all the apostles, 
8 and last of all, as to the child born at the wrong time, he appeared to me also. 
9 For I am the least of the apostles, who is not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the assembly of God. 
10 But by the grace of God I am what I am. His grace which was bestowed on me was not found vain, but I worked more than all of them; yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 
11 Whether then it is I or they, so we preach, and so you believed. 
12 Now if Messiah is preached, that he has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 
13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, neither has Messiah been raised. 
14 If Messiah has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain, and your faith also is in vain. 
15 Yes, we are found false witnesses of God, because we testified about God that he raised up Messiah, whom he didn't raise up, if it is so that the dead are not raised. 
16 For if the dead aren't raised, neither has Messiah been raised. 
17 If Messiah has not been raised, your faith is vain; you are still in your sins. 
18 Then they also who are fallen asleep in Messiah have perished. 
19 If we have only hoped in Messiah in this life, we are of all men most pitiable. 
20 But now Messiah has been raised from the dead. He became the first fruits of those who are asleep. 
21 For since death came by man, the resurrection of the dead also came by man. 
22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Messiah all will be made alive. 
23 But each in his own order: Messiah the first fruits, then those who are Messiah's, at his coming.
24 Then the end comes, when he will deliver up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he will have abolished all rule and all authority and power. 
25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 
26 The last enemy that will be abolished is death. 
27 For, "He put all things in subjection under his feet." But when he says, "All things are put in subjection," it is evident that he is excepted who subjected all things to him. 
28 When all things have been subjected to him, then the Son will also himself be subjected to him who subjected all things to him, that God may be all in all.

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment