Friday, July 7, 2023

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - June 21 - Full Text - Happy Birthday Jeremy Charles Horowitz!

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 















JUNE 21


PSALMS:   21, 51, 81, 111, 141

PROVERBS:  21

OLD TESTAMENT:  ISAIAH 6:1 - 7:25

NEW TESTAMENT:  2 CORINTHIANS 11:16 - 33


PSALMS:  21

1 The king rejoices in your strength, LORD! 
How greatly he rejoices in your yeshu`ah! 
2 You have given him his heart's desire, 
And have not withheld the request of his lips. 
Selah. 
3 For you meet him with the blessings of goodness; 
You set a crown of fine gold on his head. 
4 He asked life of you, you gave it to him, 
Even length of days forever and ever. 
5 His glory is great in your salvation. 
You lay honor and majesty on him. 
6 For you make him most blessed forever. 
You make him glad with joy in your presence. 
7 For the king trusts in the LORD. 
Through the loving kindness of Ha`Elyon, 
he shall not be moved. 
8 Your hand will find out all of your enemies. 
Your right hand will find out those who hate you. 
9 You will make them as a fiery furnace in the time of your anger. 
The LORD will swallow them up in his wrath. 
The fire shall devour them. 
10 You will destroy their descendants from the eretz, 
Their posterity from among the children of men. 
11 For they intended evil against you. 
They plotted evil against you which cannot succeed. 
12 For you will make them turn their back, 
When you aim drawn bows at their face. 
13 Be exalted, LORD, in your strength, 
So we will sing and praise your power.


PSALMS:  51

1 Have mercy on me, God, according to your loving kindness. 
According to the multitude of your tender mercies, blot out my transgressions. 
2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity. 
Cleanse me from my sin. 
3 For I know my transgressions. 
My sin is constantly before me. 
4 Against you, and you only, have I sinned, 
And done that which is evil in your sight; 
That you may be proved right when you speak, 
And justified when you judge. 
5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity. 
In sin did my mother conceive me. 
6 Behold, you desire truth in the inward parts. 
You teach me wisdom in the inmost place.
7 Purify me with hyssop, and I will be clean. 
Wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. 
8 Let me hear joy and gladness, 
That the bones which you have broken may rejoice. 
9 Hide your face from my sins, 
And blot out all of my iniquities. 
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God. 
Renew a right spirit within me. 
11 Don't throw me from your presence, 
And don't take your holy Spirit from me. 
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation. 
Uphold me with a willing spirit. 
13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways. 
Sinners shall be converted to you.
14 Deliver me from blood guiltiness, 
O God, the God of my salvation. 
My tongue shall sing aloud of your righteousness. 
15 Lord, open my lips. 
My mouth shall declare your praise. 
16 For you don't delight in sacrifice, or else I would give it. 
You have no pleasure in burnt offering. 
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit. 
A broken and contrite heart, 
O God, you will not despise. 
18 Do well in your good pleasure to Tziyon. 
Build the walls of Yerushalayim. 
19 Then will you delight in the sacrifices of righteousness, 
In burnt offerings and in whole burnt offerings. 
Then they will offer bulls on your altar.


PSALMS:  81

1 Sing aloud to God, our strength! 
Make a joyful noise to the God of Ya`akov! 
2 Raise a song, and bring here the tambourine, 
The pleasant lyre with the harp. 
3 Blow the shofar at the New Moon, 
At the full moon, on our feast day. 
4 For it is a statute for Yisra'el, 
An ordinance of the God of Ya`akov. 
5 He appointed it in Yosef for a testimony, 
When he went out over the land of Mitzrayim, 
I heard a language that I didn't know. 
6 "I removed his shoulder from the burden. 
His hands were freed from the basket. 
7 You called in trouble, and I delivered you. 
I answered you in the secret place of thunder. 
I tested you at the waters of Merivah." 
Selah. 
8 "Hear, my people, and I will testify to you. 
Yisra'el, if you would listen to me! 
9 There shall be no strange god in you, 
Neither shall you worship any foreign god. 
10 I am the LORD, your God, 
Who brought you up out of the land of Mitzrayim. 
Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it. 
11 But my people didn't listen to my voice. 
Yisra'el desired none of me.
12 So I let them go after the stubbornness of their hearts, 
That they might walk in their own counsels. 
13 Oh that my people would listen to me, 
That Yisra'el would walk in my ways! 
14 I would soon subdue their enemies,
 And turn my hand against their adversaries. 
15 The haters of the LORD would cringe before him, 
And their punishment would last forever. 
16 But he would have also fed them with the finest of the wheat. 
I will satisfy you with honey out of the rock."


PSALMS:  111

1 Praise the LORD! 
I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart, 
In the council of the upright, and in the congregation. 
2 The works of the LORD are great, 
Pondered by all those who delight in them. 
3 His work is honor and majesty. 
His righteousness endures forever. 
4 He has caused his wonderful works to be remembered. 
The LORD is gracious and merciful. 
5 He has given food to those who fear him. 
He always remembers his covenant. 
6 He has shown his people the power of his works, 
In giving them the heritage of the nations. 
7 The works of his hands are truth and justice. 
All his precepts are sure. 
8 They are established forever and ever. 
They are done in truth and uprightness. 
9 He has sent redemption to his people. 
He has ordained his covenant forever. 
His name is holy and awesome! 
10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom. 
All those who do his work have a good understanding. 
His praise endures forever!


PSALMS:  141

1 LORD, I have called on you. Come to me quickly! 
Listen to my voice when I call to you. 
2 Let my prayer be set before you like incense; ‘
The lifting up of my hands like the evening sacrifice. 
3 Set a watch, LORD, before my mouth. 
Keep the door of my lips. 
4 Don't incline my heart to any evil thing, ‘
To practice deeds of wickedness with men who work iniquity. 
Don't let me eat of their delicacies. 
5 Let the righteous strike me, it is kindness; 
Let him reprove me, it is like oil on the head; 
Don't let my head refuse it; 
Yet my prayer is always against evil deeds. 
6 Their judges are thrown down by the sides of the rock. 
They will hear my words, for they are well spoken. 
7 "As when one plows and breaks up the eretz, 
Our bones are scattered at the mouth of She'ol." 
8 For my eyes are on you, LORD, the Lord. 
In you, I take refuge. Don't leave my soul destitute. 
9 Keep me from the snare which they have laid for me, 
From the traps of the workers of iniquity. 
10 Let the wicked fall together into their own nets, 
While I pass by.


PROVERBS:  21

1 The king's heart is in the LORD's hand like the watercourses. 
He turns it wherever he desires. 
2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, 
But the LORD weighs the hearts. 
3 To do righteousness and justice 
Is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice. 
4 A high look, and a proud heart, 
The lamp of the wicked, is sin. 
5 The plans of the diligent surely lead to profit; 
And everyone who is hasty surely rushes to poverty. 
6 Getting treasures by a lying tongue 
Is a fleeting vapor for those who seek death. 
7 The violence of the wicked will drive them away, 
Because they refuse to do what is right. 
8 The way of the guilty is devious, 
But the conduct of the innocent is upright. 
9 It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, 
Than to share a house with a contentious woman. 
10 The soul of the wicked desires evil; 
His neighbor finds no mercy in his eyes. 
11 When the mocker is punished, the simple gains wisdom; 
When the wise is instructed, he receives knowledge. 
12 The Righteous One considers the house of the wicked, 
And brings the wicked to ruin. 
13 Whoever stops his ears at the cry of the poor, 
He will also cry out, but shall not be heard.
14 A gift in secret pacifies anger; 
And a bribe in the cloak, strong wrath. 
15 It is joy to the righteous to do justice; 
But it is a destruction to the workers of iniquity. 
16 The man who wanders out of the way of understanding 
Shall rest in the assembly of the dead. 
17  He who loves pleasure shall be a poor man: 
He who loves wine and oil shall not be rich. 
18 The wicked is a ransom for the righteous; 
The treacherous for the upright. 
19 It is better to dwell in a desert land, 
Than with a contentious and fretful woman. 
20 There is precious treasure and oil in the dwelling of the wise; 
But a foolish man swallows it up. 
21 He who follows after righteousness and kindness 
Finds life, righteousness, and honor. 
22 A wise man scales the city of the mighty, 
And brings down the strength of its confidence. 
23Whoever guards his mouth and his tongue 
Keeps his soul from troubles. 
24 The proud and haughty man, "scoffer" is his name; 
He works in the arrogance of pride. 
25 The desire of the sluggard kills him, 
For his hands refuse to labor. 
26 There are those who covet greedily all the day long; 
But the righteous gives and doesn't withhold.
27 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination: 
How much more, when he brings it with a wicked mind! 
28 A false witness will perish, 
And a man who listens speaks to eternity. 
29 A wicked man hardens his face; 
But as for the upright, he establishes his ways. 
30 There is no wisdom nor understanding 
Nor counsel against the LORD. 
31 The horse is prepared for the day of battle; 
But victory is with the LORD.


OLD TESTAMENT:  ISAIAH 6:1 - 7:25

6-1 In the year that king `Uzziyah died I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up; and his train filled the temple. 2 Above him stood the serafim: each one had six wings; with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he did fly. 3 One cried to another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of Hosts: the whole eretz is full of his glory. 4 The foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who cried, and the house was filled with smoke. 5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of Hosts. 6 Then flew one of the serafim to me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: 7 and he touched my mouth with it, and said, Behold, this has touched your lips; and your iniquity is taken away, and your sin forgiven. 8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then I said, Here am I; send me. 9 He said, "Go, and tell this people, 'You hear indeed, but don't understand; and you see indeed, but don't perceive.' 10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and turn again, and be healed." 11 Then I said, "Lord, how long?" He answered, "Until cities are waste without inhabitant, and houses without man, and the land becomes utterly waste, 12 and the LORD has removed men far away, and the forsaken places are many in the midst of the land. 13 If there are yet a tenth in it, it also shall in turn be eaten up: as a terebinth, and as an oak, whose stock remains, when they are felled; so the holy seed is the stock of it." 

7:1 It happened in the days of Achaz the son of Yotam, the son of `Uzziyah, king of Yehudah, that Retzin the king of Aram, and Pekach the son of Remalyahu, king of Yisra'el, went up to Yerushalayim to war against it, but could not prevail against it. 2 It was told the house of David, saying, "Aram is allied with Efrayim." His heart trembled, and the heart of his people, as the trees of the forest tremble with the wind. 3 Then the LORD said to Yesha`yahu, "Go forth now to meet Achaz, you, and She'ar-Yashuv your son, at the end of the conduit of the upper pool, in the highway of the fuller's field; 4 and say to him, 'Take heed, and be quiet; don't be afraid, neither let your heart be faint, because of these two tails of smoking firebrands, for the fierce anger of Retzin and Aram, and of the son of Remalyahu. 5 Because Aram, Efrayim, and the son of Remalyahu, have purposed evil against you, saying, 6 "Let us go up against Yehudah, and vex it, and let us make a breach therein for us, and set up a king in the midst of it, even the son of Tav'el;" 7 thus says the Lord GOD, "It shall not stand, neither shall it happen." 8 For the head of Aram is Dammesek, and the head of Dammesek is Retzin; and within sixty-five years shall Efrayim be broken in pieces, so that it shall not be a people: 9 and the head of Efrayim is Shomron, and the head of Shomron is Remalyahu's son. If you will not believe, surely you shall not be established.'" 10 The LORD spoke again to Achaz, saying, 11 Ask a sign of the LORD your God; ask it either in the depth, or in the height above. 12 But Achaz said, I will not ask, neither will I tempt the LORD. 13 He said, "Listen now, house of David: Is it a small thing for you to weary men, that you will weary my God also? 14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: behold, an almah shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanu'el. 15 Butter and honey shall he eat, when he knows to refuse the evil, and choose the good. 16 For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land whose two kings you abhor shall be forsaken. 17 The LORD will bring on you, and on your people, and on your father's house, days that have not come, from the day that Efrayim departed from Yehudah [even] the king of Ashshur. 18 It shall happen in that day, that the LORD will hiss for the fly that is in the uttermost part of the rivers of Mitzrayim, and for the bee that is in the land of Ashshur. 19 They shall come, and shall rest all of them in the desolate valleys, and in the clefts of the rocks, and on all thorn-hedges, and on all pastures. 20 In that day will the Lord shave with a razor that is hired in the parts beyond the River, [even] with the king of Ashshur, the head and the hair of the feet; and it shall also consume the beard. 21 It shall happen in that day, that a man shall keep alive a young cow, and two sheep; 22 and it shall happen, that because of the abundance of milk which they shall give he shall eat butter: for butter and honey shall everyone eat that is left in the midst of the land. 23 It shall happen in that day, that every place, where there were a thousand vines at a thousand silver shekels, shall be for briers and thorns. 24 With arrows and with bow shall one come there, because all the land shall be briers and thorns. 25 All the hills that were dug with the mattock, you shall not come there for fear of briers and thorns; but it shall be for the sending forth of oxen, and for the treading of sheep." 


NEW TESTAMENT:  2 CORINTHIANS 11:16 - 33

11:16 I say again, let no one think me foolish. But if so, yet receive me as foolish, that I also may boast a little. 
17 That which I speak, I don't speak after the Lord, but as in foolishness, in this confidence of boasting. 
18 Seeing that many boast after the flesh, I will also boast.
19 For you bear with the foolish gladly, being wise. 
20 For you bear with a man, if he brings you into bondage, if he devours you, if he takes you captive, if he exalts himself, if he strikes you on the face.
21 I speak by way of disparagement, as though we had been weak. Yet however any is bold (I speak in foolishness), I am bold also. 
22 Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Yisra'elites? So am I. Are they the seed of Avraham? So am I. 
23 Are they servants of Messiah? (I speak as one beside himself) I am more so; in labors more abundantly, in prisons more abundantly, in stripes above measure, in deaths often. 
24 Five times from the Yehudim I received forty stripes minus one. 
25 Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I suffered shipwreck. I have been a night and a day in the deep. 
26 I have been in travels often, perils of rivers, perils of robbers, perils from my countrymen, perils from the Goyim, perils in the city, perils in the wilderness, perils in the sea, perils among false brothers; 
27 in labor and travail, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, and in cold and nakedness. 
28 Besides those things that are outside, there is that which presses on me daily, anxiety for all the assemblies. 
29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is caused to stumble, and I don't burn? 
30 If I must boast, I will boast of the things that concern my weakness. 
31 The God and Father of the Lord Yeshua the Messiah, he who is blessed forevermore, knows that I don't lie. 
32 In Dammesek the governor under Aretas the king guarded the city of the Damascenes desiring to arrest me. 
33 Through a window I was let down in a basket by the wall, and escaped his hands.

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment