Friday, July 7, 2023

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - June 25 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 













JUNE 25


PSALMS:   25, 55, 85, 115, 145

PROVERBS:  25

OLD TESTAMENT:  ISAIAH 15:1 - 18:7

NEW TESTAMENT:  GALATIANS 1:1 - 24


PSALMS:  25

1 To you, LORD, do I lift up my soul. 
2 My God, in you have I trusted, 
Let me not be put to shame. 
Don't let my enemies triumph over me. 
3 Yes, no one who waits for you shall be put to shame. 
They shall be put to shame who deal treacherously without cause. 
4 Show me your ways, LORD. 
Teach me your paths. 
5 Guide me in your truth, and teach me, 
For you are the God of my salvation, 
I wait for you all day long. 
6 LORD, remember your tender mercies and your loving kindness, 
For they are from old times. 
7 Don't remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions. 
Remember me according to your loving kindness, 
For your goodness' sake, LORD. 
8 Good and upright is the LORD, 
Therefore he will instruct sinners in the way.
9 He will guide the humble in justice. 
He will teach the humble his way. 
10 All the paths of the LORD are loving kindness and truth 
To such as keep his covenant and his testimonies. 
11 For your name's sake, LORD, 
Pardon my iniquity, for it is great. 
12 What man is he who fears the LORD? 
He shall instruct him in the way that he shall choose. 
13 His soul shall dwell at ease. 
His seed shall inherit the land. 
14 The friendship of the LORD is with those who fear him. 
He will show them his covenant. 
15 My eyes are ever on the LORD, 
For he will pluck my feet out of the net. 
16 Turn to me, and have mercy on me, 
For I am desolate and afflicted. 
17  The troubles of my heart are enlarged. 
Oh bring me out of my distresses. 
18 Consider my affliction and my travail. 
Forgive all my sins. 
19 Consider my enemies, for they are many. 
They hate me with cruel hatred. 
20 Oh keep my soul, and deliver me. 
Let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you. 
21 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, 
For I wait for you. 
22 Redeem Yisra'el, God, 
Out all of his troubles.


PSALMS:  55

1 Listen to my prayer, God. 
Don't hide yourself from my supplication. 
2 Attend to me, and answer me. 
I am restless in my complaint, and moan, 
3 Because of the voice of the enemy, 
Because of the oppression of the wicked. 
For they bring suffering on me. 
In anger they hold a grudge against me. 
4 My heart is severely pained within me. 
The terrors of death have fallen on me. 
5 Fearfulness and trembling have come on me. 
Horror has overwhelmed me. 
6 I said, "Oh that I had wings like a dove! 
Then I would fly away, and be at rest. 
7 Behold, then I would wander far off. 
I would lodge in the wilderness." 
Selah. 
8 "I would hurry to a shelter from the stormy wind and tempest." 
9 Confuse them, Lord, and confound their language, 
For I have seen violence and strife in the city. 
10 Day and night they prowl around on its walls. 
Malice and abuse are also within her. 
11 Destructive forces are within her. 
Threats and lies don't depart from her streets. 
12 For it was not an enemy who insulted me, 
Then I could have endured it. 
Neither was it he who hated me who raised himself up against me, 
Then I would have hid myself from him. 
13 But it was you, a man like me, 
My companion, and my familiar friend. 
14 We took sweet fellowship together. 
We walked in God's house with the throng. 
15 Let death come suddenly on them. 
Let them go down alive into She'ol. 
For wickedness is in their dwelling, in the midst of them. 
16 As for me, I will call on God. 
The LORD will save me. 
17 Evening, morning, and at noon, I will cry out in distress. 
He will hear my voice. 
18 He has redeemed my soul in shalom from the battle that was against me, 
Although there are many who oppose me. 
19 God, who is enthroned forever, 
Will hear, and answer them. 
Selah. 
They never change, 
Who don't fear God. 
20 He raises his hands against his friends. 
He has violated his covenant. 
21 His mouth was smooth as butter, 
But his heart was war. 
His words were softer than oil, 
Yet they were drawn swords. 
22 Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you. 
He will never allow the righteous to be moved. 
23 But you, God, will bring them down into the pit of destruction. 
Bloodthirsty and deceitful men shall not live out half their days, 
But I will trust in you.


PSALMS:  85

1 LORD, you have been favorable to your land. 
You have restored the fortunes of Ya`akov. 
2 You have forgiven the iniquity of your people. 
You have covered all their sin. 
Selah. 
3 You have taken away all your wrath. 
You have turned from the fierceness of your anger. 
4 Turn us, God of our salvation, 
And cause your indignation toward us to cease. 
5 Will you be angry with us forever? 
Will you draw out your anger to all generations? 
6 Won't you revive us again, 
That your people may rejoice in you? 
7 Show us your loving kindness, LORD. 
Grant us your salvation. 
8 I will hear what God, the LORD, will speak, 
For he will speak shalom to his people, his holy ones; 
But let them not turn again to folly. 
9 Surely his salvation is near those who fear him, 
That glory may dwell in our land.
10 Mercy and truth meet together. 
Righteousness and shalom have kissed each other. 
11 Truth springs out of the eretz. 
Righteousness has looked down from heaven. 
12 Yes, the LORD will give that which is good. 
Our land will yield its increase. 
13 Righteousness goes before him, 
And prepares the way for his steps.


PSALMS:  115

1 Not to us, LORD, not to us, 
But to your name give glory, 
For your loving kindness, and for your truth's sake. 
2 Why should the nations say, 
"Where is their God, now?" 
3 But our God is in the heavens. 
He does whatever he pleases. 
4 Their idols are silver and gold, 
The work of men's hands. 
5 They have mouths, but they don't speak; 
They have eyes, but they don't see; 
6 They have ears, but they don't hear; 
They have noses, but they don't smell; 
7  They have hands, but they don't feel; 
They have feet, but they don't walk; 
Neither do they speak through their throat. 
8 Those who make them will be like them; 
Yes, everyone who trusts in them. 
9 Yisra'el, trust in the LORD! 
He is their help and their shield. 
10 House of Aharon, trust in the LORD! 
He is their help and their shield. 
11 You who fear the LORD, trust in the LORD! 
He is their help and their shield. 
12 The LORD remembers us. 
He will bless us. 4
He will bless the house of Yisra'el. 
He will bless the house of Aharon. 
13 He will bless those who fear the LORD, 
Both small and great. 
14 May the LORD increase you more and more, 
You and your children. 
15 Blessed are you by the LORD, 
Who made heaven and eretz. 
16 The heavens are the heavens of the LORD; 
But the eretz has he given to the children of men. 
17  The dead don't praise the LORD, 
Neither any who go down into silence; 
18 But we will bless the LORD, 
From this time forth and forevermore. 
Praise the LORD!


PSALMS:  145

1 I will exalt you, my God, the King. 
I will praise your name forever and ever. 
2 Every day I will praise you. 
I will extol your name forever and ever. 
3 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised! 
His greatness is unsearchable. 
4 One generation will commend your works to another, 
And will declare your mighty acts. 
5 Of the glorious majesty of your honor, 
Of your wondrous works, I will meditate. 
6 Men will speak of the might of your awesome acts. 
I will declare your greatness. 
7 They will utter the memory of your great goodness, 
And will sing of your righteousness. 
8 The LORD is gracious, merciful, 
Slow to anger, and of great loving kindness. 
9 The LORD is good to all. 
His tender mercies are over all his works.
10 All your works will give thanks to you, LORD. 
Your holy ones will extol you. 
11 They will speak of the glory of your kingdom, 
And talk about your power; 
12 To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, 
The glory of the majesty of his kingdom. 
13 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom. 
Your dominion endures throughout all generations. 
14 The LORD upholds all who fall, 
And raises up all those who are bowed down. 
15 The eyes of all wait for you. 
You give them their food in due season. 
16 You open your hand, 
And satisfy the desire of every living thing. 
17  The LORD is righteous in all his ways, 
And gracious in all his works. 
18 The LORD is near to all those who call on him, 
To all who call on him in truth. 
19 He will fulfill the desire of those who fear him. 
He also will hear their cry, and will save them. 
20 The LORD preserves all those who love him, 
But all the wicked he will destroy. 
21 My mouth will speak the praise of the LORD. 
Let all flesh bless his holy name forever and ever.


PROVERBS:  25

1 These also are proverbs of Shlomo, 
which the men of Hizkiyahu king of Yehudah copied out. 
2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing, 
But the glory of kings is to search out a matter. 
3 As the heavens for height, and the eretz for depth, 
So the hearts of kings are unsearchable. 
4 Take away the dross from the silver, 
And material comes out for the refiner; 
5 Take away the wicked from the king's presence, 
And his throne will be established in righteousness. 
6 Don't exalt yourself in the presence of the king, 
Or claim a place among great men; 
7 For it is better that it be said to you, "Come up here,
" Than that you should be put lower in the presence of the prince, 
Whom your eyes have seen. 
8 Don't be hasty in bringing charges to court. 
What will you do in the end when your neighbor shames you? 
9 Debate your case with your neighbor, 
And don't betray the confidence of another; 
10 Lest one who hears it put you to shame, 
And your bad reputation never depart. 
11 A word fitly spoken Is like apples of gold in settings of silver. 
12 As an ear-ring of gold, and an ornament of fine gold, 
So is a wise reprover to an obedient ear. 
13 As the cold of snow in the time of harvest, 
So is a faithful messenger to those who send him; 
For he refreshes the soul of his masters. 
14 As clouds and wind without rain, 
So is he who boasts of gifts deceptively. 
15 By patience a ruler is persuaded. 
A soft tongue breaks the bone. 
16 Have you found honey? 
Eat as much as is sufficient for you, 
Lest you eat too much, and vomit it. 
17 Let your foot be seldom in your neighbor's house, 
Lest he be weary of you, and hate you. 
18 A man who gives false testimony against his neighbor 
Is like a club, a sword, or a sharp arrow. 
19 Confidence in someone unfaithful in time of trouble 
Is like a bad tooth, or a lame foot. 
20 As one who takes away a garment in cold weather, 
Or vinegar on soda, So is one who sings songs to a heavy heart. 
21 If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; 
If he is thirsty, give him water to drink: 
22 For you will heap coals of fire on his head, 
And the LORD will reward you. 
23 The north wind brings forth rain: 
So a backbiting tongue brings an angry face. 
24 It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, 
Than to share a house with a contentious woman. 
25 Like cold water to a thirsty soul, 
So is good news from a far country. 
26 Like a muddied spring, and a polluted well, 
So is a righteous man who gives way before the wicked. 
27 It is not good to eat much honey; 
Nor is it honorable to seek ones own honor. 
28 Like a city that is broken down and without walls 
Is a man whose spirit is without restraint.


OLD TESTAMENT:  ISAIAH 15:1 - 18:7

15:1 The burden of Mo'av. For in a night `Ar of Mo'av is laid waste, [and] brought to nothing; for in a night Kir of Mo'av is laid waste, [and] brought to nothing. 2 They are gone up to Bayit, and to Divon, to the high places, to weep: Mo'av wails over Nevo, and over Medeva; on all their heads is baldness, every beard is cut off. 3 In their streets they gird themselves with sackcloth; on their housetops, and in their broad places, everyone wails, weeping abundantly. 4 Heshbon cries out, and El`aleh; their voice is heard even to Yahatz: therefore the armed men of Mo'av cry aloud; his soul trembles within him. 5 My heart cries out for Mo'av; her nobles [flee] to Tzo`ar, to Eglat-Shelishi-Yah: for by the ascent of Luchit with weeping they go up; for in the way of Horonayim they raise up a cry of destruction. 6 For the waters of Nimrim shall be desolate; for the grass is withered away, the tender grass fails, there is no green thing. 7 Therefore the abundance they have gotten, and that which they have laid up, shall they carry away over the brook of the willows. 8 For the cry is gone round about the borders of Mo'av; the wailing of it to Eglayim, and the wailing of it to Beer-elim. 9 For the waters of Dimon are full of blood; for I will bring yet more on Dimon, a lion on them of Mo'av that escape, and on the remnant of the land. 

16:1 Send the lambs for the ruler of the land from Selah to the wilderness, to the mountain of the daughter of Tziyon. 2 For it shall be that, as wandering birds, as a scattered nest, so shall the daughters of Mo'av be at the fords of the Arnon. 3 Give counsel, execute justice; make your shade as the night in the midst of the noonday; hide the outcasts; don't betray the fugitive. 4 Let my outcasts dwell with you; as for Mo'av, be a covert to him from the face of the destroyer. For the extortioner is brought to nothing, destruction ceases, the oppressors are consumed out of the land. 5 A throne shall be established in lovingkindness; and one shall sit thereon in truth, in the tent of David, judging, and seeking justice, and swift to do righteousness. 6 We have heard of the pride of Mo'av, [that] he is very proud; even of his arrogance, and his pride, and his wrath; his boastings are nothing. 7 Therefore shall Mo'av wail for Mo'av, everyone shall wail: for the raisin-cakes of Kir-Hareset shall you mourn, utterly stricken. 8 For the fields of Heshbon languish, [and] the vine of Sivmah; the lords of the nations have broken down the choice branches of it, which reached even to Ya`zer, which wandered into the wilderness; its shoots were spread abroad, they passed over the sea. 9 Therefore I will weep with the weeping of Ya`zer for the vine of Sivmah; I will water you with my tears, Heshbon, and El`aleh: for on your summer fruits and on your harvest the [battle] shout is fallen. 10 Gladness is taken away, and joy out of the fruitful field; and in the vineyards there shall be no singing, neither joyful noise: nobody shall tread out wine in the presses; I have made the [vintage] shout to cease. 11 Why my heart sounds like a harp for Mo'av, and my inward parts for Kir-Heres. 12 It shall happen, when Mo'av presents himself, when he wearies himself on the high place, and shall come to his sanctuary to pray, that he shall not prevail. 13 This is the word that the LORD spoke concerning Mo'av in time past. 14 But now the LORD has spoken, saying, Within three years, as the years of a hireling, the glory of Mo'av shall be brought into contempt, with all his great multitude; and the remnant shall be very small and of no account. 

17:1 The burden of Dammesek. Behold, Dammesek is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap. 2 The cities of `Aro`er are forsaken; they shall be for flocks, which shall lie down, and none shall make them afraid. 3 The fortress shall cease from Efrayim, and the kingdom from Dammesek, and the remnant of Aram; they shall be as the glory of the children of Yisra'el, says the LORD of Hosts. 4 It shall happen in that day, that the glory of Ya`akov shall be made thin, and the fatness of his flesh shall wax lean. 5 It shall be as when the harvester gathers the standing grain, and his arm reaps the ears; yes, it shall be as when one gleans ears in the valley of Refa'im. 6 Yet there shall be left therein gleanings, as the shaking of an olive tree, two or three berries in the top of the uppermost bough, four or five in the outmost branches of a fruitful tree, says the LORD, the God of Yisra'el. 7 In that day shall men look to their Maker, and their eyes shall have respect to the Holy One of Yisra'el. 8 They shall not look to the altars, the work of their hands; neither shall they have respect to that which their fingers have made, either the Asherim, or the sun-images. 9 In that day shall their strong cities be as the forsaken places in the wood and on the mountain top, which were forsaken from before the children of Yisra'el; and it shall be a desolation. 10 For you have forgotten the God of your salvation, and have not been mindful of the rock of your strength; therefore you plant pleasant plants, and set it with strange slips. 11 In the day of your planting you hedge it in, and in the morning you make your seed to blossom; but the harvest flees away in the day of grief and of desperate sorrow. 12 Ah, the uproar of many peoples, who roar like the roaring of the seas; and the rushing of nations, that rush like the rushing of mighty waters! 13 The nations shall rush like the rushing of many waters: but he shall rebuke them, and they shall flee far off, and shall be chased as the chaff of the mountains before the wind, and like the whirling dust before the storm. 14 At evening, behold, terror; [and] before the morning they are no more. This is the portion of those who despoil us, and the lot of those who rob us. 

18:1 Ah, the land of the rustling of wings, which is beyond the rivers of Kush; 2 that sends ambassadors by the sea, even in vessels of papyrus on the waters, [saying], Go, you swift messengers, to a nation tall and smooth, to a people awesome from their beginning onward, a nation that measures out and treads down, whose land the rivers divide! 3 All you inhabitants of the world, and you dwellers on the eretz, when an ensign is lifted up on the mountains, look; and when the shofar is blown, listen. 4 For thus has the LORD said to me, I will be still, and I will see in my dwelling-place, like clear heat in sunshine, like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest. 5 For before the harvest, when the blossom is over, and the flower becomes a ripening grape, he will cut off the sprigs with pruning-hooks, and the spreading branches will he take away [and] cut down. 6 They shall be left together to the ravenous birds of the mountains, and to the animals of the eretz; and the ravenous birds shall summer on them, and all the animals of the eretz shall winter on them. 7 In that time shall a present be brought to the LORD of Hosts [from] a people tall and smooth, even from a people awesome from their beginning onward, a nation that measures out and treads down, whose land the rivers divide, to the place of the name of the LORD of Hosts, Mount Tziyon. 


NEW TESTAMENT: GALATIANS 1:1 - 24

1:1 Sha'ul, an apostle (not from men, neither through man, but through Yeshua the Messiah, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead), 
2 and all the brothers who are with me, to the assemblies of Galatia: 
3 Grace to you and shalom from God the Father, and our Lord Yeshua the Messiah, 
4 who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us out of this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father -- 
5 to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amein. 
6 I marvel that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Messiah to a different Good News; 
7 and there isn't another Good News. Only there are some who trouble you, and want to pervert the Good News of Messiah. 
8 But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you any Good News other than that which we preached to you, let him be cursed. 
9 As we have said before, so I now say again: if any man preaches to you any Good News other than that which you received, let him be cursed. 
10 For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? For if I were still pleasing men, I wouldn't be a servant of Messiah. 
11 But I make known to you, brothers, concerning the Good News which was preached by me, that it is not according to man. 
12 For neither did I receive it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came to me through revelation of Yeshua the Messiah. 
13 For you have heard of my way of living in time past in the Yehudim' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the assembly of God, and ravaged it. 
14 I advanced in the Yehudim' religion beyond many of my own age among my countrymen, being more exceedingly zealous for the traditions of my fathers. 
15 But when it was the good pleasure of God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me through his grace, 
16 to reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the Goyim, I didn't immediately confer with flesh and blood, 
17 nor did I go up to Yerushalayim to those who were apostles before me, but I went away into `Arav. Then I returned to Dammesek. 
18 Then after three years I went up to Yerushalayim to visit Kefa, and stayed with him fifteen days. 
19 But of the other apostles I saw no one, except Ya`akov, the Lord's brother. 
20 Now about the things which I write to you, behold, before God, I'm not lying. 
21 Then I came to the regions of Aram and Cilicia. 
22 I was still unknown by face to the assemblies of Yehudah which were in Messiah, 
23 but they only heard: "He who once persecuted us now preaches the faith that he once tried to destroy." 
24 They glorified God in me.

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment