Thursday, July 13, 2023

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - July 13 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 













JULY 13


PSALMS:  13, 43, 73, 103, 133

PROVERBS:  13

OLD TESTAMENT:  ISAIAH 66:1 - 24

NEW TESTAMENT:  PHILIPPIANS 3:4 - 21


PSALMS:  13

1 How long, LORD? 
Will you forget me forever? 
How long will you hide your face from me? 
2 How long shall I take counsel in my soul, 
Having sorrow in my heart every day? 
How long shall my enemy triumph over me? 
3 Behold, and answer me, LORD, my God. 
Give light to my eyes, lest I sleep in death; 
4 Lest my enemy say, "I have prevailed against him;
" Lest my adversaries rejoice when I fall. 
5 But I trust in your loving kindness. 
My heart rejoices in your yeshu`ah.
6 I will sing to the LORD, 
Because he has been good to me.


PSALMS:  43

1 Vindicate me, God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation. 
Oh, deliver me from deceitful and wicked men. 
2 For you are the God of my strength. 
Why have you rejected me? 
Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy? 
3 Oh, send out your light and your truth. 
Let them lead me. Let them bring me to your holy hill, 
To your tents. 
4 Then I will go to the altar of God, 
To God, my exceeding joy. 
I will praise you on the harp, God, my God. 
5 Why are you in despair, my soul? 
Why are you disturbed within me? Hope in God! 
For I shall still praise him, 
The saving help of my face, and my God.


PSALMS:  73

1 Surely God is good to Yisra'el, 
To those who are pure in heart.
2 But as for me, my feet were almost gone. 
My steps had nearly slipped. 
3 For I was envious of the arrogant, 
When I saw the prosperity of the wicked. 
4 For there are no struggles in their death, 
But their strength is firm. 
5 They are free from burdens of men, 
Neither are they plagued like other men. 
6 Therefore pride is like a chain around their neck. 
Violence covers them like a garment. 
7 Their eyes bulge with fat. 
Their minds pass the limits of conceit. 
8 They scoff and speak with malice. 
In arrogance, they threaten oppression. 
9 They have set their mouth in the heavens. 
Their tongue walks through the eretz. 
10 Therefore their people return to them, 
And they drink up waters of abundance. 
11 They say, "How does God know? 
Is there knowledge in Ha`Elyon?" 
12 Behold, these are the wicked. 
Being always at ease, they increase in riches.
13 Surely in vain I have cleansed my heart, 
And washed my hands in innocence, 
14 For all day long have I been plagued, 
And punished every morning. 
15 If I had said, "I will speak thus;" 
Behold, I would have betrayed the generation of your children. 
16 When I tried to understand this, 
It was too painful for me; 
17  Until I entered God's sanctuary, 
And considered their latter end. 
18 Surely you set them in slippery places. 
You throw them down to destruction. 
19 How they are suddenly destroyed! 
They are completely swept away with terrors. 
20 As a dream when one wakes up, 
So, Lord, when you awake, you will despise their fantasies. 
21 For my soul was grieved. 
I was embittered in my heart. 
22 I was so senseless and ignorant. 
I was a brute beast before you. 
23 Nevertheless, I am continually with you. 
You have held my right hand. 
24 You will guide me with your counsel, 
And afterward receive me to glory. 
25 Who do I have in heaven? 
There is no one on eretz who I desire besides you. 
26 My flesh and my heart fails, 
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 
27 For, behold, those who are far from you shall perish. 
You have destroyed all those who are unfaithful to you. 
28 But it is good for me to come close to God. 
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge, 
That I may tell of all your works.


PSALMS:  103

1 Praise the LORD, my soul! 
All that is within me, praise his holy name! 
2 Praise the LORD, my soul, 
And don't forget all his benefits;
3 Who forgives all your sins; 
Who heals all your diseases; 
4 Who redeems your life from destruction; 
Who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies; 
5 Who satisfies your desire with good things, 
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. 
6 The LORD executes righteous acts, 
And justice for all who are oppressed.
7 He made known his ways to Moshe, 
His deeds to the children of Yisra'el. 
8 The LORD is merciful and gracious, 
Slow to anger, and abundant in loving kindness. 
9 He will not always accuse; 
Neither will he stay angry forever. 
10 He has not dealt with us according to our sins, 
Nor rewarded us for our iniquities. 
11 For as the heavens are high above the eretz, 
So great is his loving kindness toward those who fear him. 
12 As far as the east is from the west, 
So far has he removed our transgressions from us. 
13 Like a father has compassion on his children, 
So the LORD has compassion on those who fear him. 
14 For he knows how we are made. 
He remembers that we are dust. 
15 As for man, his days are like grass. 
As a flower of the field, so he flourishes. 
16 For the wind passes over it, and it is gone. 
Its place remembers it no more. 
17 But the LORD's loving kindness is from everlasting 
to everlasting with those who fear him, 
His righteousness to children's children; 
18 To those who keep his covenant, 
To those who remember to obey his precepts. 
19 The LORD has established his throne in the heavens. 
His kingdom rules over all. 
20 Praise the LORD, you angels of his, 
Who are mighty in strength, who fulfill his word, 
Obeying the voice of his word. 
21 Praise the LORD, all you hosts of his, 
You servants of his, who do his pleasure. 
22 Praise the LORD, all you works of his, 
In all places of his dominion. 
Praise the LORD, my soul.


PSALMS:  133

1 See how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to live together in unity! 
2 It is like the precious oil on the head, 
That ran down on the beard, 
Even Aharon's beard; 
That came down on the edge of his robes; 
3 Like the dew of Hermon, 
That comes down on the hills of Tziyon: 
For there the LORD gives the blessing, 
Even life forevermore.


PROVERBS:  13

1 A wise son listens to his father's instruction, 
But a scoffer doesn't listen to rebuke. 
2 By the fruit of his lips, a man enjoys good things; 
But the unfaithful crave violence. 
3 He who guards his mouth guards his soul.
 One who opens wide his lips comes to ruin. 
4 The soul of the sluggard desires, and has nothing, 
But the desire of the diligent shall be fully satisfied. 
5 A righteous man hates lies, 
But a wicked man brings shame and disgrace. 
6 Righteousness guards the way of integrity, 
But wickedness overthrows the sinner. 
7 There are some who pretend to be rich, yet have nothing. 
There are some who pretend to be poor, yet have great wealth. 
8 The ransom of a man's life is his riches, 
But the poor hears no threats. 
9 The light of the righteous shines brightly, 
But the lamp of the wicked is snuffed out. 
10 By pride comes only quarrels, 
But with ones who take advice is wisdom. 
11 Wealth gained dishonestly dwindles away, 
But he who gathers by hand makes it grow. 
12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick, 
But when longing is fulfilled, it is a tree of life. 
13 Whoever despises instruction will pay for it, 
But he who respects a command will be rewarded. 
14 The teaching of the wise is a spring of life, 
To turn from the snares of death. 
15 Good understanding wins favor; 
But the way of the unfaithful is hard. 
16 Every prudent man acts from knowledge, 
But a fool exposes folly. 
17 A wicked messenger falls into trouble, 
But a trustworthy envoy gains healing.
18 Poverty and shame come to him who refuses discipline, 
But he who heeds correction shall be honored. 
19 Longing fulfilled is sweet to the soul, 
But fools detest turning from evil. 
20 One who walks with wise men grows wise, 
But a companion of fools suffers harm.
21 Misfortune pursues sinners, 
But prosperity rewards the righteous. 
22 A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children, 
But the wealth of the sinner is stored for the righteous. 
23 An abundance of food is in poor people's fields, 
But injustice sweeps it away. 
24 One who spares the rod hates his son, 
But one who loves him is careful to discipline him. 
25 The righteous one eats to the satisfying of his soul, 
But the belly of the wicked goes hungry.


OLD TESTAMENT:  ISAIAH 66:1 - 24

66:1 Thus says the LORD, heaven is my throne, and the eretz is my footstool: what manner of house will you build to me? and what place shall be my rest? 
2 For all these things has my hand made, and [so] all these things came to be, says the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, and who trembles at my word. 
3 He who kills an ox is as he who kills a man; he who sacrifices a lamb, as he who breaks a dog's neck; he who offers an offering, [as he who offers] pig's blood; he who burns frankincense, as he who blesses an idol. Yes, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delights in their abominations: 
4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears on them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spoke, they did not hear: but they did that which was evil in my eyes, and chose that in which I didn't delight. 
5 Hear the word of the LORD, you who tremble at his word: Your brothers who hate you, who cast you out for my name's sake, have said, Let the LORD be glorified, that we may see your joy; but it is those who shall be put to shame. 
6 A voice of tumult from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the LORD that renders recompense to his enemies. 
7  Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man-child. 
8 Who has heard such a thing? who has seen such things? Shall a land be born in one day? shall a nation be brought forth at once? for as soon as Tziyon travailed, she brought forth her children. 
9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? says the LORD: shall I who cause to bring forth shut [the womb]? says your God. 
10 Rejoice you with Yerushalayim, and be glad for her, all you who love her: rejoice for joy with her, all you who mourn over her; 
11 that you may suck and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that you may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory. 
12 For thus says the LORD, Behold, I will extend shalom to her like a river, and the glory of the nations like an overflowing stream: and you shall suck [of it]; you shall be borne on the side, and shall be dandled on the knees.
13 As one whom his mother comforts, so will I comfort you; and you shall be comforted in Yerushalayim. 
14 You shall see [it], and your heart shall rejoice, and your bones shall flourish like the tender grass: and the hand of the LORD shall be known toward his servants; and he will have indignation against his enemies. 
15 For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and his chariots shall be like the whirlwind; to render his anger with fierceness, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
16 For by fire will the LORD execute judgment, and by his sword, on all flesh; and the slain of the LORD shall be many. 
17 Those who sanctify themselves and purify themselves [to go] to the gardens, behind one in the midst, eating pig's flesh, and the abomination, and the akbar, they shall come to an end together, says the LORD. 
18For I [know] their works and their thoughts: [the time] comes, that I will gather all nations and languages; and they shall come, and shall see my glory. 
19 I will set a sign among them, and I will send such as escape of them to the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, who draw the bow, to Tuval and Yavan, to the isles afar off, who have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the nations. 
20 They shall bring all your brothers out of all the nations for an offering to the LORD, on horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and on mules, and on dromedaries, to my holy mountain Yerushalayim, says the LORD, as the children of Yisra'el bring their offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD. 
21 Of them also will I take for Kohanim [and] for Levites, says the LORD. 
22 For as the new heavens and the new eretz, which I will make, shall remain before me, says the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. 
23 It shall happen, that from one new moon to another, and from one Shabbat to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, says the LORD. 
24 They shall go forth, and look on the dead bodies of the men who have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring to all flesh.


NEW TESTAMENT:  PHILIPPIANS 3:4 - 21

3:4 though I myself might have confidence even in the flesh. If any other man thinks that he has confidence in the flesh, I yet more: 
5 circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Yisra'el, of the tribe of Binyamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; concerning the law, a Parush; 
6 concerning zeal, persecuting the assembly; concerning the righteousness which is in the law, found blameless. 
7 However, what things were gain to me, these have I counted loss for Messiah.
8 Yes most assuredly, and I count all things to be loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Messiah Yeshua, my Lord, for whom I suffered the loss of all things, and count them nothing but refuse, that I may gain Messiah 
9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own, that which is of the law, but that which is through faith in Messiah, the righteousness which is from God by faith; 
10 that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, becoming conformed to his death;
11 if by any means I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.
12 Not that I have already obtained, or am already made perfect; but I press on, if it is so that I may take hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Messiah Yeshua. 
13 Brothers, I don't regard myself as yet having laid hold, but one thing I do. Forgetting the things which are behind, and stretching forward to the things which are before, 
14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the high calling of God in Messiah Yeshua. 
15 Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, think this way. If in anything you think otherwise, this God will also reveal that to you. 
16 Nevertheless, to the extent that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule. Let us be of the same mind. 
17 Brothers, be imitators together of me, and note those who walk this way, even as you have us for an example. 
18 For many walk, of whom I told you often, and now tell you even weeping, as the enemies of the cross of Messiah, 
19 whose end is destruction, whose god is the belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who think about earthly things. 
20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from where we also wait for a Savior, the Lord, Yeshua the Messiah; 
21 who will change the body of our humiliation to be conformed to the body of his glory, according to the working whereby he is able even to subject all things to himself.

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment