Friday, July 21, 2023

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - July 21 - Full Text - Shabbat Shalom!

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 















JULY 21


PSALMS:   21, 51, 81, 111, 141

PROVERBS:  21

OLD TESTAMENT:  JEREMIAH 14:11 - 16:15

NEW TESTAMENT:  1 THESSALONIANS 2:9 - 3:13


PSALMS:  21

1 The king rejoices in your strength, LORD! 
How greatly he rejoices in your yeshu`ah! 
2 You have given him his heart's desire, 
And have not withheld the request of his lips. 
Selah. 
3 For you meet him with the blessings of goodness; 
You set a crown of fine gold on his head. 
4 He asked life of you, you gave it to him, 
Even length of days forever and ever. 
5 His glory is great in your salvation. 
You lay honor and majesty on him. 
6 For you make him most blessed forever. 
You make him glad with joy in your presence. 
7 For the king trusts in the LORD. 
Through the loving kindness of Ha`Elyon, 
he shall not be moved. 
8 Your hand will find out all of your enemies. 
Your right hand will find out those who hate you. 
9 You will make them as a fiery furnace in the time of your anger. 
The LORD will swallow them up in his wrath. 
The fire shall devour them. 
10 You will destroy their descendants from the eretz, 
Their posterity from among the children of men. 
11 For they intended evil against you. 
They plotted evil against you which cannot succeed. 
12 For you will make them turn their back, 
When you aim drawn bows at their face. 
13 Be exalted, LORD, in your strength, 
So we will sing and praise your power.


PSALMS:  51

1 Have mercy on me, God, according to your loving kindness. 
According to the multitude of your tender mercies, blot out my transgressions. 
2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity. 
Cleanse me from my sin. 
3 For I know my transgressions. 
My sin is constantly before me. 
4 Against you, and you only, have I sinned, 
And done that which is evil in your sight; 
That you may be proved right when you speak, 
And justified when you judge. 
5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity. 
In sin did my mother conceive me. 
6 Behold, you desire truth in the inward parts. 
You teach me wisdom in the inmost place.
7 Purify me with hyssop, and I will be clean. 
Wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. 
8 Let me hear joy and gladness, 
That the bones which you have broken may rejoice. 
9 Hide your face from my sins, 
And blot out all of my iniquities. 
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God. 
Renew a right spirit within me. 
11 Don't throw me from your presence, 
And don't take your holy Spirit from me. 
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation. 
Uphold me with a willing spirit. 
13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways. 
Sinners shall be converted to you.
14 Deliver me from blood guiltiness, 
O God, the God of my salvation. 
My tongue shall sing aloud of your righteousness. 
15 Lord, open my lips. 
My mouth shall declare your praise. 
16 For you don't delight in sacrifice, or else I would give it. 
You have no pleasure in burnt offering. 
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit. 
A broken and contrite heart, 
O God, you will not despise. 
18 Do well in your good pleasure to Tziyon. 
Build the walls of Yerushalayim. 
19 Then will you delight in the sacrifices of righteousness, 
In burnt offerings and in whole burnt offerings. 
Then they will offer bulls on your altar.


PSALMS:  81

1 Sing aloud to God, our strength! 
Make a joyful noise to the God of Ya`akov! 
2 Raise a song, and bring here the tambourine, 
The pleasant lyre with the harp. 
3 Blow the shofar at the New Moon, 
At the full moon, on our feast day. 
4 For it is a statute for Yisra'el, 
An ordinance of the God of Ya`akov. 
5 He appointed it in Yosef for a testimony, 
When he went out over the land of Mitzrayim, 
I heard a language that I didn't know. 
6 "I removed his shoulder from the burden. 
His hands were freed from the basket. 
7 You called in trouble, and I delivered you. 
I answered you in the secret place of thunder. 
I tested you at the waters of Merivah." 
Selah. 
8 "Hear, my people, and I will testify to you. 
Yisra'el, if you would listen to me! 
9 There shall be no strange god in you, 
Neither shall you worship any foreign god. 
10 I am the LORD, your God, 
Who brought you up out of the land of Mitzrayim. 
Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it. 
11 But my people didn't listen to my voice. 
Yisra'el desired none of me.
12 So I let them go after the stubbornness of their hearts, 
That they might walk in their own counsels. 
13 Oh that my people would listen to me, 
That Yisra'el would walk in my ways! 
14 I would soon subdue their enemies,
 And turn my hand against their adversaries. 
15 The haters of the LORD would cringe before him, 
And their punishment would last forever. 
16 But he would have also fed them with the finest of the wheat. 
I will satisfy you with honey out of the rock."


PSALMS:  111

1 Praise the LORD! 
I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart, 
In the council of the upright, and in the congregation. 
2 The works of the LORD are great, 
Pondered by all those who delight in them. 
3 His work is honor and majesty. 
His righteousness endures forever. 
4 He has caused his wonderful works to be remembered. 
The LORD is gracious and merciful. 
5 He has given food to those who fear him. 
He always remembers his covenant. 
6 He has shown his people the power of his works, 
In giving them the heritage of the nations. 
7 The works of his hands are truth and justice. 
All his precepts are sure. 
8 They are established forever and ever. 
They are done in truth and uprightness. 
9 He has sent redemption to his people. 
He has ordained his covenant forever. 
His name is holy and awesome! 
10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom. 
All those who do his work have a good understanding. 
His praise endures forever!


PSALMS:  141

1 LORD, I have called on you. Come to me quickly! 
Listen to my voice when I call to you. 
2 Let my prayer be set before you like incense; ‘
The lifting up of my hands like the evening sacrifice. 
3 Set a watch, LORD, before my mouth. 
Keep the door of my lips. 
4 Don't incline my heart to any evil thing, ‘
To practice deeds of wickedness with men who work iniquity. 
Don't let me eat of their delicacies. 
5 Let the righteous strike me, it is kindness; 
Let him reprove me, it is like oil on the head; 
Don't let my head refuse it; 
Yet my prayer is always against evil deeds. 
6 Their judges are thrown down by the sides of the rock. 
They will hear my words, for they are well spoken. 
7 "As when one plows and breaks up the eretz, 
Our bones are scattered at the mouth of She'ol." 
8 For my eyes are on you, LORD, the Lord. 
In you, I take refuge. Don't leave my soul destitute. 
9 Keep me from the snare which they have laid for me, 
From the traps of the workers of iniquity. 
10 Let the wicked fall together into their own nets, 
While I pass by.


PROVERBS:  21

1 The king's heart is in the LORD's hand like the watercourses. 
He turns it wherever he desires. 
2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, 
But the LORD weighs the hearts. 
3 To do righteousness and justice 
Is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice. 
4 A high look, and a proud heart, 
The lamp of the wicked, is sin. 
5 The plans of the diligent surely lead to profit; 
And everyone who is hasty surely rushes to poverty. 
6 Getting treasures by a lying tongue 
Is a fleeting vapor for those who seek death. 
7 The violence of the wicked will drive them away, 
Because they refuse to do what is right. 
8 The way of the guilty is devious, 
But the conduct of the innocent is upright. 
9 It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, 
Than to share a house with a contentious woman. 
10 The soul of the wicked desires evil; 
His neighbor finds no mercy in his eyes. 
11 When the mocker is punished, the simple gains wisdom; 
When the wise is instructed, he receives knowledge. 
12 The Righteous One considers the house of the wicked, 
And brings the wicked to ruin. 
13 Whoever stops his ears at the cry of the poor, 
He will also cry out, but shall not be heard.
14 A gift in secret pacifies anger; 
And a bribe in the cloak, strong wrath. 
15 It is joy to the righteous to do justice; 
But it is a destruction to the workers of iniquity. 
16 The man who wanders out of the way of understanding 
Shall rest in the assembly of the dead. 
17  He who loves pleasure shall be a poor man: 
He who loves wine and oil shall not be rich. 
18 The wicked is a ransom for the righteous; 
The treacherous for the upright. 
19 It is better to dwell in a desert land, 
Than with a contentious and fretful woman. 
20 There is precious treasure and oil in the dwelling of the wise; 
But a foolish man swallows it up. 
21 He who follows after righteousness and kindness 
Finds life, righteousness, and honor. 
22 A wise man scales the city of the mighty, 
And brings down the strength of its confidence. 
23Whoever guards his mouth and his tongue 
Keeps his soul from troubles. 
24 The proud and haughty man, "scoffer" is his name; 
He works in the arrogance of pride. 
25 The desire of the sluggard kills him, 
For his hands refuse to labor. 
26 There are those who covet greedily all the day long; 
But the righteous gives and doesn't withhold.
27 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination: 
How much more, when he brings it with a wicked mind! 
28 A false witness will perish, 
And a man who listens speaks to eternity. 
29 A wicked man hardens his face; 
But as for the upright, he establishes his ways. 
30 There is no wisdom nor understanding 
Nor counsel against the LORD. 
31 The horse is prepared for the day of battle; 
But victory is with the LORD.


OLD TESTAMENT:  JEREMIAH 14:11 - 16:15

14:11 The LORD said to me, Don't pray for this people for [their] good. 12 When they fast, I will not hear their cry; and when they offer burnt offering and meal-offering, I will not accept them; but I will consume them by the sword, and by the famine, and by the pestilence. 13 Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets tell them, You shall not see the sword, neither shall you have famine; but I will give you assured shalom in this place. 14 Then the LORD said to me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name; I didn't send them, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I to them: they prophesy to you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nothing, and the deceit of their own heart. 15 Therefore thus says the LORD concerning the prophets who prophesy in my name, and I didn't send them, yet they say, Sword and famine shall not be in this land: By sword and famine shall those prophets be consumed. 16 The people to whom they prophesy shall be cast out in the streets of Yerushalayim because of the famine and the sword; and they shall have none to bury them-them, their wives, nor their sons, nor their daughters: for I will pour their wickedness on them. 17 You shall say this word to them, Let my eyes run down with tears night and day, and let them not cease; for the virgin daughter of my people is broken with a great breach, with a very grievous wound. 18 If I go forth into the field, then, behold, the slain with the sword! and if I enter into the city, then, behold, those who are sick with famine! for both the prophet and the Kohen go about in the land, and have no knowledge. 19 Have you utterly rejected Yehudah? has your soul loathed Tziyon? why have you struck us, and there is no healing for us? We looked for shalom, but no good came; and for a time of healing, and, behold, dismay! 20 We acknowledge, LORD, our wickedness, and the iniquity of our fathers; for we have sinned against you. 21 Do not abhor [us], for your name's sake; do not disgrace the throne of your glory: remember, don't break your covenant with us.22 Are there any among the vanities of the nations that can cause rain? or can the sky give showers? Aren't you he, the LORD our God? therefore we will wait for you; for you have made all these things. 

15:1 Then said the LORD to me, Though Moshe and Shemu'el stood before me, yet my mind would not be toward this people: cast them out of my sight, and let them go forth. 2 It shall happen, when they tell you, Where shall we go forth? then you shall tell them, Thus says the LORD: Such as are for death, to death; and such as are for the sword, to the sword; and such as are for the famine, to the famine; and such as are for captivity, to captivity. 3 I will appoint over them four kinds, says the LORD: the sword to kill, and the dogs to tear, and the birds of the sky, and the animals of the eretz, to devour and to destroy. 4 I will cause them to be tossed back and forth among all the kingdoms of the eretz, because of Menashsheh, the son of Hizkiyahu, king of Yehudah, for that which he did in Yerushalayim. 5 For who will have pity on you, Yerushalayim? or who will bemoan you? or who will turn aside to ask of your welfare? 6 You have rejected me, says the LORD, you are gone backward: therefore have I stretched out my hand against you, and destroyed you; I am weary with repenting. 7 I have winnowed them with a fan in the gates of the land; I have bereaved [them] of children, I have destroyed my people; they didn't return from their ways. 8 Their widows are increased to me above the sand of the seas; I have brought on them against the mother of the young men a destroyer at noonday: I have caused anguish and terrors to fall on her suddenly. 9 She who has borne seven languishes; she has given up the spirit; her sun is gone down while it was yet day; she has been put to shame and confounded: and the residue of them will I deliver to the sword before their enemies, says the LORD. 10 Woe is me, my mother, that you have borne me a man of strife and a man of contention to the whole eretz! I have not lent, neither have men lent to me; [yet] everyone of them does curse me. 11 The LORD said, Most assuredly I will strengthen you for good; most assuredly I will cause the enemy to make supplication to you in the time of evil and in the time of affliction. 12 Can one break iron, even iron from the north, and brass? 13 Your substance and your treasures will I give for a spoil without price, and that for all your sins, even in all your borders. 14 I will make [them] to pass with your enemies into a land which you don't know; for a fire is kindled in my anger, which shall burn on you. 15 LORD, you know; remember me, and visit me, and avenge me of my persecutors; don't take me away in your longsuffering: know that for your sake I have suffered reproach. 16 Your words were found, and I ate them; and your words were to me a joy and the rejoicing of my heart: for I am called by your name, the LORD, God Tzva'ot. 17 I didn't sit in the assembly of those who make merry, nor rejoiced; I sat alone because of your hand; for you have filled me with indignation. 18 Why is my pain perpetual, and my wound incurable, which refuses to be healed? will you indeed be to me as a deceitful [brook], as waters that fail? 19 Therefore thus says the LORD, If you return, then will I bring you again, that you may stand before me; and if you take forth the precious from the vile, you shall be as my mouth: they shall return to you, but you shall not return to them. 20 I will make you to this people a fortified brazen wall; and they shall fight against you, but they shall not prevail against you; for I am with you to save you and to deliver you, says the LORD. 21 I will deliver you out of the hand of the wicked, and I will redeem you out of the hand of the terrible. 

16:1 The word of the LORD came also to me, saying, 2 You shall not take a wife, neither shall you have sons or daughters, in this place. 3 For thus says the LORD concerning the sons and concerning the daughters who are born in this place, and concerning their mothers who bore them, and concerning their fathers who became the father of them in this land: 4 They shall die grievous deaths: they shall not be lamented, neither shall they be buried; they shall be as dung on the surface of the ground; and they shall be consumed by the sword, and by famine; and their dead bodies shall be food for the birds of the sky, and for the animals of the eretz. 5 For thus says the LORD, Don't enter into the house of mourning, neither go to lament, neither bemoan them; for I have taken away my shalom from this people, says the LORD, even lovingkindness and tender mercies. 6 Both great and small shall die in this land; they shall not be buried, neither shall men lament for them, nor cut themselves, nor make themselves bald for them; 
7 neither shall men break [bread] for them in mourning, to comfort them for the dead; neither shall men give them the cup of consolation to drink for their father or for their mother. 8 You shall not go into the house of feasting to sit with them, to eat and to drink. 9 For thus says the LORD of Hosts, the God of Yisra'el: Behold, I will cause to cease out of this place, before your eyes and in your days, the voice of mirth and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride. 10 It shall happen, when you shall show this people all these words, and they shall tell you, Why has the LORD pronounced all this great evil against us? or what is our iniquity? or what is our sin that we have committed against the LORD our God? 11 Then shall you tell them, Because your fathers have forsaken me, says the LORD, and have walked after other gods, and have served them, and have worshiped them, and have forsaken me, and have not kept my law; 12 and you have done evil more than your fathers; for, behold, you walk every one after the stubbornness of his evil heart, so that you don't listen to me: 13 therefore will I cast you forth out of this land into the land that you have not known, neither you nor your fathers; and there shall you serve other gods day and night; for I will show you no favor. 14 Therefore, behold, the days come, says the LORD, that it shall no more be said, As the LORD lives, who brought up the children of Yisra'el out of the land of Mitzrayim; 15 but, As the LORD lives, who brought up the children of Yisra'el from the land of the north, and from all the countries where he had driven them. I will bring them again into their land that I gave to their fathers. 


NEW TESTAMENT:  1 THESSALONIANS 2:9 – 3:13

2:9 For you remember, brothers, our labor and travail; for working night and day, that we might not burden any of you, we preached to you the Good News of God. 10 You are witnesses with God, how holy, righteously, and blamelessly we behaved ourselves toward you who believe. 11 As you know how we exhorted, comforted, and implored everyone of you, as a father does his own children, 12 to the end that you should walk worthily of God, who calls you into his own kingdom and glory. 13 For this cause we also thank God without ceasing, that, when you received from us the word of the message of God, you accepted it not as the word of men, but, as it is in truth, the word of God, which also works in you who believe. 14 For you, brothers, became imitators of the assemblies of God which are in Yehudah in Messiah Yeshua; for you also suffered the same things from your own countrymen, even as they did from the Yehudim; 15 who killed both the Lord Yeshua and their own prophets, and drove us out, and didn't please God, and are contrary to all men; 16 forbidding us to speak to the Goyim that they may be saved; to fill up their sins always. But wrath has come on them to the uttermost. 17 But we, brothers, being bereaved of you for a short season, in presence, not in heart, tried even harder to see your face with great desire, 18 because we wanted to come to you -- indeed, I, Sha'ul, once and again -- but Hasatan hindered us. 19 For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Isn't it even you, before our Lord Yeshua at his coming? 20 For you are our glory and our joy. 

3:1 Therefore, when we couldn't stand it any longer, we thought it good to be left behind at Athens alone,2 and sent Timothy, our brother and God's servant in the Good News of Messiah, to establish you, and to comfort you concerning your faith; 3 that no one be moved by these afflictions. For you know that we are appointed to this task. 4 For most assuredly, when we were with you, we told you beforehand that we are to suffer affliction, even as it happened, and you know. 5 For this cause I also, when I couldn't stand it any longer, sent that I might know your faith, for fear that by any means the tempter had tempted you, and our labor would have been in vain. 6 But when Timothy came just now to us from you, and brought us glad news of your faith and love, and that you have good memories of us always, longing to see us, even as we also long to see you; 7 for this cause, brothers, we were comforted over you in all our distress and affliction through your faith. 8 For now we live, if you stand fast in the Lord. 9 For what thanksgiving can we render again to God for you, for all the joy with which we rejoice for your sakes before our God; 10 night and day praying exceedingly that we may see your face, and may perfect that which is lacking in your faith? 11 Now may our God and Father himself, and our Lord Yeshua the Messiah, direct our way to you; 12 and the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we also do toward you, 13 to the end he may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father, at the coming of our Lord Yeshua with all his holy ones.

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment