Friday, July 7, 2023

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - June 20 - Full Text - Happy Memorial Birthday Evelyn Mae Brown Thompson!

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 















JUNE 20


PSALMS:  20, 50, 80, 110, 140

PROVERBS:  20

OLD TESTAMENT:  ISAIAH 3:1 - 5:30

NEW TESTAMENT:  2 CORINTHIANS 11:1 - 15


PSALMS:  20

1 May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble. 
May the name of the God of Ya`akov set you up on high, 
2 Send you help from the sanctuary, 
Grant you support from Tziyon, 
3 Remember all your offerings, 
And accept your burnt-sacrifice. Selah. 
4 May He grant you your heart's desire, 
And fulfill all your counsel. 
5 We will triumph in your yeshu`ah. 
In the name of our God we will set up our banners: 
The LORD fulfill all your petitions. 
6 Now I know that the LORD saves his anointed. 
He will answer him from his holy heaven, 
With the saving strength of his right hand. 
7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses, 
But we trust the name of the LORD our God. 
8 They are bowed down and fallen, 
But we rise up, and stand upright.
9 Save, LORD; 
Let the King answer us when we call!


PSALMS:  50

1 The Mighty One, God, the LORD, speaks, 
And calls the eretz from sunrise to sunset. 
2 Out of Tziyon, the perfection of beauty, 
God shines forth. 
3 Our God comes, and does not keep silent. 
A fire devours before him. 
It is very tempestuous around him. 
4 He calls to the heavens above, 
To the eretz, that he may judge his people: 
5 "Gather my holy ones together to me, 
Those who have made a covenant with me by sacrifice." 
6 The heavens shall declare his righteousness, 
For God himself is judge. 
Selah. 
7 "Hear, my people, and I will speak; 
Yisra'el, and I will testify against you. 
I am God, your God. 
8 I don't rebuke you for your sacrifices. 
Your burnt offerings are continually before me. 
9 I have no need for a bull from your stall, 
Nor male goats from your pens. 
10 For every animal of the forest is mine, 
And the cattle on a thousand hills. 
11 I know all the birds of the mountains. 
The wild animals of the field are mine. 
12 If I were hungry, I would not tell you, 
For the world is mine, and all that is in it.
13 Will I eat the flesh of bulls, 
Or drink the blood of goats? 
14 Offer to God the sacrifice of thanksgiving. 
Pay your vows to Ha`Elyon.
15 Call on me in the day of trouble. 
I will deliver you, and you will honor me." 
16 But to the wicked God says, 
"What right do you have to declare my statutes, 
That you have taken my covenant on your lips,
17  Seeing you hate instruction, 
And throw my words behind you?
18 When you saw a thief, you consented with him, 
And have participated with adulterers. 
19 "You give your mouth to evil. 
You harnesses your tongue for deceit. 
20 You sit and speak against your brother. 
You slander your own mother's son. 
21 You have done these things, and I kept silent. 
You thought that the "I AM" was just like you. 
I will rebuke you, and accuse you in front of your eyes. 
22 "Now consider this, you who forget God, 
Lest I tear you into pieces, and there be none to deliver. 
23 Whoever offers the sacrifice of thanksgiving glorifies me, 
And prepares his way so that I will show God's salvation to him."


PSALMS:  80

1 Hear us, Shepherd of Yisra'el, 
You who lead Yosef like a flock, 
You who sit above the Keruvim, shine forth. 
2 Before Efrayim and Binyamin and Menashsheh, 
stir up your might, 
Come to save us. 
3 Turn us again, God. 
Cause your face to shine, 
And we will be saved.
4 LORD God Tzva'ot, 
How long will you be angry against the prayer of your people? 
5 You have fed them with the bread of tears, 
And given them tears to drink in large measure. 
6 You make us a source of contention to our neighbors. 
Our enemies laugh among themselves. 
7 Turn us again, 
God Tzva'ot. 
Cause your face to shine, 
And we will be saved. 
8 You brought a vine out of Mitzrayim. 
You drove out the nations, and planted it. 
9 You cleared the ground for it. 
It took deep root, and filled the land. 
10 The mountains were covered with its shadow. 
Its boughs were like God's cedars. 
11 It sent out its branches to the sea, 
Its shoots to the River. 
12 Why have you broken down its walls, 
So that all those who pass by the way pluck it? 
13 The boar out of the wood ravages it. 
The wild animals of the field feed on it. 
14 Turn again, we beg you, God Tzva'ot. 
Look down from heaven, and see, and visit this vine, 
15 The stock which your right hand planted, 
The branch that you made strong for yourself. 
16 It is burned with fire. It is cut down. 
They perish at your rebuke. 
17  Let your hand be on the man of your right hand, 
On the son of man whom you made strong for yourself. 
18 So we will not turn away from you. 
Revive us, and we will call on your name. 
19 Turn us again, LORD God Tzva'ot. 
Cause your face to shine, and we will be saved.


PSALMS:  110

1 The LORD says to my Lord, "Sit at my right hand, 
Until I make your enemies your footstool for your feet." 
2 The LORD will send forth the rod of your strength out of Tziyon. 
Rule in the midst of your enemies. 
3 Your people offer themselves willingly in the day of your power, 
In holy array. 
Out of the womb of the morning, you have the dew of your youth. 
4 The LORD has sworn, and will not change his mind:
 "You are a Kohen forever in the order of Malki-Tzedek." 
5 The Lord is at your right hand. 
He will crush kings in the day of his wrath.
6 He will judge among the nations. 
He will heap up dead bodies. 
He will crush the ruler of the whole eretz. 
7 He will drink of the brook in the way; 
Therefore will he lift up his head.


PSALMS:  140

1 Deliver me, LORD, from the evil man. 
Preserve me from the violent man; 
2 Those who devise mischief in their hearts. 
They continually gather themselves together for war. 
3 They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent. 
Viper's poison is under their lips. 
Selah. 
4 LORD, keep me from the hands of the wicked. 
Preserve me from the violent men: 
Who have determined to trip my feet. 
5 The proud have hidden a snare for me, 
They have spread the cords of a net by the path. 
They have set traps for me. 
Selah. 
6 I said to the LORD, 
"You are my God.
" Listen to the cry of my petitions, LORD. 
7 LORD, the Lord, the strength of my yeshu`ah, 
You have covered my head in the day of battle. 
8 LORD, don't grant the desires of the wicked. 
Don't let their evil plans succeed, or they will become proud. Selah. 
9 As for the head of those who surround me, 
Let the mischief of their own lips cover them. 
10 Let burning coals fall on them. 
Let them be thrown into the fire, 
Into miry pits, from where they never rise. 
11 An evil speaker won't be established in the eretz. 
Evil will hunt the violent man to overthrow him. 
12 I know that the LORD will maintain the cause of the afflicted, 
And justice for the needy. 
13 Surely the righteous will give thanks to your name. 
The upright will dwell in your presence.


PROVERBS:  20

1 Wine is a mocker, and beer is a brawler; 
Whoever is let astray by them is not wise. 
2 The terror of a king is like the roaring of a lion: 
He who provokes him to anger forfeits his own life. 
3 It is an honor for a man to keep aloof from strife; 
But every fool will be quarreling.
4 The sluggard will not plow by reason of the winter; 
Therefore he shall beg in harvest, and have nothing. 
5 Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water; 
But a man of understanding will draw it out.
6 Many men claim to be men of unfailing love, 
But who can find a faithful man? 
7 A righteous man who walks in his integrity, 
Blessed are his children after him. 
8 A king who sits on the throne of judgment 
Scatters away all evil with his eyes. 
9 Who can say, "I have made my heart pure. 
I am clean and without sin?" 
10 Differing weights and differing measures, 
Both of them alike are an abomination to the LORD. 
11 Even a child makes himself known by his doings, 
Whether his work is pure, and whether it is right. 
12 The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, 
The LORD has made even both of them. 
13 Don't love sleep, lest you come to poverty; 
Open your eyes, and you shall be satisfied with bread. 
14 "It's no good, it's no good," says the buyer; 
But when he is gone his way, then he boasts.
15 There is gold and abundance of rubies; 
But the lips of knowledge are a rare jewel. 
16 Take the garment of one who puts up collateral for a stranger; 
And hold him in pledge for a wayward woman. 
17 Fraudulent food is sweet to a man, 
But afterwards his mouth is filled with gravel. 
18 Plans are established by advice; 
By wise guidance you wage war! 
19 He who goes about as a tale-bearer reveals secrets; 
Therefore don't keep company with him who opens wide his lips. 
20 Whoever curses his father or his mother, 
His lamp shall be put out in blackness of darkness. 
21 An inheritance quickly gained at the beginning, 
Won't be blessed in the end. 
22 Don't say, 
"I will pay back evil." 
Wait for the LORD, and he will save you. 
23 The LORD detests differing weights, 
And dishonest scales are not pleasing. 
24 A man's steps are from the LORD; 
How then can man understand his way? 
25 It is a snare to a man make a rash dedication, 
And later reconsider his vows. 
26 A wise king winnows out the wicked, 
And drives the threshing wheel over them. 
27 The spirit of man is the LORD's lamp, 
Searching all his innermost parts.
28 Love and faithfulness keep the king safe. 
His throne is sustained by love. 
29 The glory of young men is their strength. 
The splendor of old men is their gray hair. 
30 Wounding blows cleanse away evil, 
And beatings purge the innermost parts.


OLD TESTAMENT:  ISAIAH 3:1 - 5:30

3:1 For, behold, the Lord, the LORD of Hosts, takes away from Yerushalayim and from Yehudah supply and support, The whole supply of bread, And the whole supply of water; 2 The mighty man, The man of war, The judge, The prophet, The diviner, The elder, 3 The captain of fifty, The honorable man, The counselor, The skilled craftsman, And the clever enchanter. 4 I will give boys to be their princes, And children shall rule over them. 5 The people will be oppressed, Everyone by another, And everyone by his neighbor. The child will behave himself proudly against the old man, And the base against the honorable. 6 Indeed a man shall take hold of his brother in the house of his father, saying, "You have clothing, you be our ruler, And let this ruin be under your hand." 7 In that day he will cry out, saying, I will not be a healer; For in my house is neither bread nor clothing. You shall not make me ruler of the people. 8 For Yerushalayim is ruined, and Yehudah is fallen; Because their tongue and their doings are against the LORD, To provoke the eyes of his glory. 9 The look of their faces testify against them. They parade their sin like Sedom. They don't hide it. Woe to their soul! For they have brought disaster upon themselves. 10 Tell the righteous "Good!" For they shall eat the fruit of their deeds. 11 Woe to the wicked! Disaster is upon them; For the deeds of his hands will be paid back to him. 12 As for my people, children are their oppressors, And women rule over them. My people, those who lead you cause you to err, And destroy the way of your paths. 13 The LORD stands up to contend, And stands to judge the peoples. 14 The LORD will enter into judgment with the Zakenim of his people, And their leaders: "It is you who have eaten up the vineyard. The spoil of the poor is in your houses. 15 What do you mean that you crush my people, And grind the face of the poor?" says the Lord, the LORD of Hosts. 16 Moreover the LORD said, "Because the daughters of Tziyon are haughty, And walk with outstretched necks and flirting eyes, Walking to trip as they go, Jingling ornaments on their feet; 17 Therefore the Lord brings sores on the crown of the head of the women of Tziyon, And the LORD will make their scalps bald." 18 In that day the Lord will take away the beauty of their anklets, the headbands, the crescent necklaces, 19 the earrings, the bracelets, the veils, 20 the headdresses, the ankle chains, the sashes, the perfume bottles, the charms, 21 the signet rings, the nose rings, 22 the fine robes, the capes, the cloaks, the purses, 23 the hand-mirrors, the fine linen garments, the tiaras, and the shawls. 24 It shall happen that instead of sweet spices, there shall be rottenness; Instead of a belt, a rope; Instead of well set hair, baldness; Instead of a robe, a girding of sackcloth; And branding instead of beauty. 25 Your men shall fall by the sword, And your mighty in the war. 26 Her gates shall lament and mourn; And she shall be desolate and sit on the ground. 

4:1 Seven women shall take hold of one man in that day, saying, "We will eat our own bread, and wear our own clothing: only let us be called by your name. Take away our reproach." 2 In that day, the LORD's branch will be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the land will be the beauty and glory of the survivors of Yisra'el. 3 It will happen, that he who is left in Tziyon, and he who remains in Yerushalayim, shall be called holy, even everyone who is written among the living in Yerushalayim; 4 when the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Tziyon, and shall have purged the blood of Yerushalayim from its midst, by the spirit of justice, and by the spirit of burning. 5 The LORD will create over the whole habitation of Mount Tziyon, and over her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night; for over all the glory will be a canopy. 6 There will be a pavilion for a shade in the daytime from the heat, and for a refuge and for a shelter from storm and from rain. 

5:1 Let me sing for my well beloved a song of my beloved about his vineyard. My beloved had a vineyard on a very fruitful hill. 2 He dug it up, Gathered out its stones, Planted it with the choicest vine, Built a tower in its midst, And also cut out a winepress therein. He looked for it to yield grapes, But it yielded wild grapes. 3 Now, inhabitants of Yerushalayim and men of Yehudah, Please judge between me and my vineyard. 4 What could have been done more to my vineyard, that I have not done in it? Why, when I looked for it to yield grapes, did it yield wild grapes? 5 Now I will tell you what I will do to my vineyard. I will take away its hedge, and it will be eaten up. I will break down its wall of it, and it will be trampled down. 6 I will lay it a wasteland. It won't be pruned nor hoed, But it will grow briers and thorns. I will also command the clouds that they rain no rain on it. 7 For the vineyard of the LORD of Hosts is the house of Yisra'el, And the men of Yehudah his pleasant plant: And he looked for justice, but, behold, oppression; For righteousness, but, behold, a cry of distress. 8 Woe to those who join house to house, Who lay field to field, until there is no room, And you are made to dwell alone in the midst of the land! 9 In my ears, the LORD of Hosts says: "Surely many houses will be desolate, Even great and beautiful, unoccupied. 10 For ten acres of vineyard shall yield one bath, And a homer of seed shall yield an efah. 11 Woe to those who rise up early in the morning, that they may follow strong drink; who stay late into the night, until wine inflames them! 12 The harp and the lute, the tambourine and the pipe, and wine, are [in] their feasts; but they don't regard the work of the LORD, neither have they considered the operation of his hands. 13 Therefore my people are gone into captivity for lack of knowledge; and their honorable men are famished, and their multitude are parched with thirst. 14 Therefore She'ol has enlarged its desire, and opened its mouth without measure; and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he who rejoices among them, descend [into it]. 15 The mean man is bowed down, and the great man is humbled, and the eyes of the lofty are humbled: 16 but the LORD of Hosts is exalted in justice, and God the Holy One is sanctified in righteousness. 17 Then shall the lambs feed as in their pasture, and the waste places of the fat ones shall wanderers eat. 18 Woe to those who draw iniquity with cords of falsehood, and sin as it were with a cart rope; 19 who say, Let him make speed, let him hasten his work, that we may see it; and let the counsel of the Holy One of Yisra'el draw near and come, that we may know it! 20 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! 21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight! 22 Woe to those who are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink; 23 who justify the wicked for a bribe, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him! 24 Therefore as the tongue of fire devours the stubble, and as the dry grass sinks down in the flame, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust; because they have rejected the law of the LORD of Hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Yisra'el. 25 Therefore is the anger of the LORD kindled against his people, and he has stretched forth his hand against them, and has struck them; and the mountains tremble, and their dead bodies are as refuse in the midst of the streets. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still. 26 He will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss for them from the end of the eretz; and, behold, they shall come with speed swiftly. 27 None shall be weary nor stumble among them; none shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the belt of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken: 28 whose arrows are sharp, and all their bows bent; their horses' hoofs shall be accounted as flint, and their wheels as a whirlwind: 29 their roaring shall be like a lioness, they shall roar like young lions; yes, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and carry it away safe, and there shall be none to deliver. 30 They shall roar against them in that day like the roaring of the sea: and if one look to the land, behold, darkness [and] distress; and the light is darkened in the clouds of it. 


NEW TESTAMENT:  2 CORINTHIANS 11:1 - 15

11:1 I wish that you would bear with me in a little foolishness, but indeed you do bear with me. 
2 For I am jealous over you with a godly jealousy. For I married you to one husband, that I might present you as a pure virgin to Messiah. 
3 But I am afraid that by any means, as the serpent deceived Havah in his craftiness, so your minds might be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Messiah. 
4 For if he who comes preaches another Yeshua, whom we did not preach, or if you receive a different spirit, which you did not receive, or a different Good News, which you did not accept, you put up with that well enough. 
5 For I reckon that I am not at all behind the very best apostles. 
6 But though I am unskilled in speech, yet I am not unskilled in knowledge. No, in every way we have been revealed to you in all things. 
7 Or did I commit a sin in humbling myself that you might be exalted, because I preached to you God's Good News for nothing? 
8 I robbed other assemblies, taking wages from them that I might serve you. 
9 When I was present with you and was in need, I wasn't a burden on anyone, for the brothers, when they came from Macedonia, supplied the measure of my need. In everything I kept myself from being burdensome to you, and I will continue to do so.
10 As the truth of Messiah is in me, no one will stop me from this boasting in the regions of Achaia. 
11 Why? Because I don't love you? God knows. 
12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them that desire an occasion, that in which they boast, they may be found even as we. 
13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as Messiah's apostles. 
14 And no wonder, for even Hasatan masquerades as an angel of light. 
15 It is no great thing therefore if his ministers also masquerade as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment