Thursday, July 6, 2023

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - June 2 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 














JUNE 2

PSALMS:   2, 32, 62, 92, 122

PROVERBS:  2

OLD TESTAMENT:  JOB 4:1 - 7:21

NEW TESTAMENT:  1 CORINTHIANS 14:18 - 40


PSALMS:  2

1 Why are the nations in an uproar, 
the peoples grumbling in vain?
2 The earth's kings are taking positions, 
leaders conspiring together, 
against ADONAI and his anointed. 
3 They cry, "Let's break their fetters! 
Let's throw off their chains!" 
4 He who sits in heaven laughs; 
Adonai looks at them in derision. 
5 Then in his anger he rebukes them, 
terrifies them in his fury. 
6 "I myself have installed my king on Tziyon, 
my holy mountain." 
7 "I will proclaim the decree: 
ADONAI said to me, 
'You are my son; 
today I became your father. 
8 Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance; 
the whole wide world will be your possession. 
9 You will break them with an iron rod, 
shatter them like a clay pot.'" 
10 Therefore, kings, be wise; be warned, 
you judges of the earth. 
11 Serve ADONAI with fear; 
rejoice, but with trembling. 
12 Kiss the son, lest he be angry, 
and you perish along the way, 
when suddenly his anger blazes. 
How blessed are all who take refuge in him.


PSALMS:  32

1 By David. 
A maskil: 
How blessed are those whose offense is forgiven, 
those whose sin is covered! 
2 How blessed those to whom ADONAI imputes no guilt, 
in whose spirit is no deceit! 
3 When I kept silent, 
my bones wasted away because of my groaning all day long;
4 day and night your hand was heavy on me; 
the sap in me dried up as in a summer drought. 
(Selah) 
5 When I acknowledged my sin to you, 
when I stopped concealing my guilt, 
and said, "I will confess my offenses to ADONAI"; 
then you, you forgave the guilt of my sin. (Selah) 
6 This is what everyone faithful should pray at a time when you can be found. 
Then, when the floodwaters are raging, they will not reach to him. 
7 You are a hiding-place for me, you will keep me from distress; 
you will surround me with songs of deliverance. (Selah) 
8 "I will instruct and teach you in this way that you are to go; 
I will give you counsel; 
my eyes will be watching you." 
9 Don't be like a horse or mule that has no understanding, 
that has to be curbed with bit and bridle, 
or else it won't come near you. 
10 Many are the torments of the wicked, 
but grace surrounds those who trust in ADONAI. 
11 Be glad in ADONAI; 
rejoice, you righteous! 
Shout for joy, all you upright in heart!


PSALMS:  62

1 For the leader. 
Set in the style of Y'dutun. 
A psalm of David: 
My soul waits in silence for God alone; 
my salvation comes from him. 
2 He alone is my rock and salvation, my stronghold; 
I won't be greatly moved. 
3 How long will you assail a person in order to murder him, all of you, 
as if he were a sagging wall or a shaky fence? 
4 They only want to shake him from his height, 
they take delight in lying with their mouths they bless, but inwardly they curse. 
(Selah) 
5 My soul, wait in silence for God alone, 
because my hope comes from him. 
6 He alone is my rock and salvation, my stronghold; 
I won't be moved.
7  My safety and honor rest on God. 
My strong rock and refuge are in God. 
8 Trust in him, people, at all times; 
pour out your heart before him; 
God is a refuge for us. (Selah) 
9 Ordinary folks are merely a breath and important people a sham; 
if you lay them on a balance-scale, they go up both together are lighter than nothing. 
10 Don't put your trust in extortion, don't put false hopes in robbery; 
even if wealth increases, don't set your heart on it. 
11 God has spoken once, I have heard it twice: 
strength belongs to God. 
12 Also to you, Adonai, belongs grace; 
for you reward all as their deeds deserve.


PSALMS:  92

1 A psalm. 
A song for Shabbat: 
It is good to give thanks to ADONAI and sing praises to your name, 'Elyon, 
2 to tell in the morning about your grace and at night about your faithfulness, 
3 to the music of a ten-stringed [harp] and a lute, 
with the melody sounding on a lyre. 
4 For, ADONAI, what you do makes me happy; 
I take joy in what your hands have made. 
5 How great are your deeds, ADONAI! 
How very deep your thoughts! 
6 Stupid people can't know, fools don't understand, 
7 that when the wicked sprout like grass, and all who do evil prosper, 
it is so that they can be eternally destroyed, 
8 while you, ADONAI, are exalted forever. 
9 For your enemies, ADONAI, your enemies will perish; 
all evildoers will be scattered. 
10 But you have given me the strength of a wild bull; 
you anoint me with fresh olive oil. 
11 My eyes have gazed with pleasure on my enemies' ruin, 
my ears have delighted in the fall of my foes. 
12 The righteous will flourish like a palm tree, 
they will grow like a cedar in the L'vanon.
13 Planted in the house of ADONAI, 
they will flourish in the courtyards of our God. 
14 Even in old age they will be vigorous, 
still full of sap, still bearing fruit, 
15 proclaiming that ADONAI is upright, my Rock, 
in whom there is no wrong.


PSALMS:  122

1 A song of ascents. 
By David: I was glad when they said to me, 
"The house of ADONAI! Let's go!" 
2 Our feet were already standing at your gates, Yerushalayim. 
3 Yerushalayim, built as a city fostering friendship and unity. 
4 The tribes have gone up there, the tribes of ADONAI, 
as a witness to Isra'el, to give thanks to the name of ADONAI. 
5 For there the thrones of justice were set up, 
the thrones of the house of David. 
6 Pray for shalom in Yerushalayim; 
may those who love you prosper. 
7 May shalom be within your ramparts, 
prosperity in your palaces. 
8 For the sake of my family and friends, 
I say, "Shalom be within you!" 
9 For the sake of the house of ADONAI our God, 
I will seek your well-being.


PROVERBS:  2

1 My son, if you will receive my words and 
store my commands inside you, 
2 paying attention to wisdom inclining 
your mind toward understanding 
3 yes, if you will call for insight and 
raise your voice for discernment, 
4 if you seek it as you would silver and 
search for it as for hidden treasure - 
5 then you will understand the fear of ADONAI and find knowledge of God. 
6 For ADONAI gives wisdom; 
from his mouth comes knowledge and understanding. 
7 He stores up common sense for the upright, 
is a shield to those whose conduct is blameless, 
8 in order to guard the courses of justice and preserve 
the way of those faithful to him. 
9 Then you will understand righteousness, 
justice, fairness and every good path. 
10 For wisdom will enter your heart, 
knowledge will be enjoyable for you, 
11 discretion will watch over you, 
and discernment will guard you. 
12 They will save you from the way of evil and 
from those who speak deceitfully, 
13 who leave the paths of honesty 
to walk the ways of darkness, 
14 who delight in doing evil and 
take joy in being stubbornly deceitful, 
15 from those whose tracks are twisted and 
whose paths are perverse. 
16 They will save you from a woman who is a stranger, 
from a loose woman with smooth talk, 
17 who abandons the ruler she had in her youth and 
forgets the covenant of her God. 
18 Her house is sinking toward death, 
her paths lead to the dead. 
19 None who go to her return; 
they never regain the path to life. 
20 Thus you will walk on the way of good people 
and keep to the paths of the righteous. 
21 For the upright will live in the land, 
the pure-hearted will remain there; 
22 but the wicked will be cut off from the land, 
the unfaithful rooted out of it.


OLD TESTAMENT:  JOB 4:1 - 7:21

4:1 Then Elifaz the Temanite answered, 2 "If someone ventures to talk with you, will you be grieved? But who can withhold himself from speaking? 3 Behold, you have instructed many, You have strengthened the weak hands. 4 Your words have supported him who was falling, You have made firm the feeble knees. 5 But now it is come to you, and you faint; It touches you, and you are troubled.6 Isn't your piety your confidence, The integrity of your ways your hope? 7 "Remember, now, whoever perished, being innocent? Or where were the upright cut off? 8 According to what I have seen, those who plow iniquity, And sow trouble, Reap the same. 9 By the breath of God they perish, By the blast of his anger are they consumed. 10 The roaring of the lion, and the voice of the fierce lion, The teeth of the young lions, are broken. 11 The old lion perishes for lack of prey, The whelps of the lioness are scattered abroad. 12 "Now a thing was secretly brought to me, My ear received a whisper of it. 13 In thoughts from the visions of the night, When deep sleep falls on men, 14 Fear came on me, and trembling, Which made all my bones shake. 15 Then a spirit passed before my face; The hair of my flesh stood up. 16 It stood still, but I couldn't discern the appearance of it; A form was before my eyes. Silence, then I heard a voice, saying, 17 'Shall mortal man be more just than God? Shall a man be more pure than his Maker?18 Behold, he puts no trust in his servants. He charges his angels with error. 19 How much more, those who dwell in houses of clay, Whose foundation is in the dust, Who are crushed before the moth! 20 Between morning and evening they are destroyed. They perish forever without any regarding it. 21 Isn't their tent-cord plucked up within them? They die, and that without wisdom.' 

5:1 "Call now; is there any who will answer you? To which of the holy ones will you turn? 2 For resentment kills the foolish man, And jealousy kills the simple. 3 I have seen the foolish taking root, But suddenly I cursed his habitation. 4 His children are far from safety, They are crushed in the gate. Neither is there any to deliver them, 5 Whose harvest the hungry eats up, And take it even out of the thorns; The snare gapes for their substance. 6 For affliction doesn't come forth from the dust, Neither does trouble spring out of the ground; 7 But man is born to trouble, As the sparks fly upward. 8 "But as for me, I would seek God, To God would I commit my cause; 9 Who does great things that can't be fathomed, Marvelous things without number; 10 Who gives rain on the eretz, And sends waters on the fields; 11 So that he sets up on high those who are low, Those who mourn are exalted to safety. 12 He frustrates the devices of the crafty, So that their hands can't perform their enterprise. 13 He takes the wise in their own craftiness; The counsel of the cunning is carried headlong. 14 They meet with darkness in the day-time, And grope at noonday as in the night. 15 But he saves from the sword of their mouth, Even the needy from the hand of the mighty.16 So the poor has hope, And injustice shuts her mouth. 17 "Behold, happy is the man whom God corrects: Therefore do not despise the chastening of Shaddai. 18 For he wounds, and binds up; He injures, and his hands make whole. 19 He will deliver you in six troubles; Yes, in seven there shall no evil touch you. 20 In famine he will redeem you from death; In war, from the power of the sword. 21 You shall be hidden from the scourge of the tongue, Neither shall you be afraid of destruction when it comes. 22 At destruction and famine you shall laugh, Neither shall you be afraid of the animals of the eretz. 23 For you shall be in league with the stones of the field. The animals of the field shall be at shalom with you. 24 You shall know that your tent is in shalom. You shall visit your fold, and shall miss nothing. 25 You shall know also that your seed shall be great, Your offspring as the grass of the eretz. 26 You shall come to your grave in a full age, Like a shock of grain comes in its season. 27 Look this, we have searched it, so it is; Hear it, and know it for your good." 
6:1 Then Iyov answered, 2 "Oh that my anguish were weighed, And all my calamity laid in the balances! 3 For now it would be heavier than the sand of the seas, Therefore have my words been rash. 4 For the arrows of Shaddai are within me, My spirit drinks up their poison. The terrors of God set themselves in array against me. 5 Does the wild donkey bray when he has grass? Or does the ox low over his fodder? 6 Can that which has no flavor be eaten without salt? Or is there any taste in the white of an egg? 7 My soul refuses to touch them; They are as loathsome food to me. 8 "Oh that I might have my request; That God would grant the thing that I long for! 9Even that it would please God to crush me; That he would let loose his hand, and cut me off! 10 Be it still my consolation, Yes, let me exult in pain that doesn't spare, That I have not denied the words of the Holy One. 11 What is my strength, that I should wait? What is my end, that I should be patient? 12 Is my strength the strength of stones? Or is my flesh of brass? 13 Isn't it that I have no help in me, That wisdom is driven quite from me? 14 "To him who is ready to faint, kindness should be shown from his friend; Even to him who forsakes the fear of Shaddai.15 My brothers have dealt deceitfully as a brook, As the channel of brooks that pass away; 16 Which are black by reason of the ice, in which the snow hides itself: 17 In the dry season, they vanish. When it is hot, they are consumed out of their place. 18 The caravans that travel beside them turn aside; They go up into the waste, and perish. 19 The caravans of Tema looked, The companies of Sheva waited for them. 20 They were put to shame because they had hoped; They came there, and were confounded. 21 For now you are nothing. You see a terror, and are afraid. 22 Did I say, 'Give to me?' Or, 'Offer a present for me from your substance?' 23 Or, 'Deliver me from the adversary's hand?' Or, 'Redeem me from the hand of the oppressors?' 24 "Teach me, and I will hold my shalom; Cause me to understand wherein I have erred. 25 How forcible are words of uprightness! But your reproof, what does it reprove? 26 Do you intend to reprove words, Seeing that the speeches of one who is desperate are as wind? 27 Yes, you would even cast lots for the fatherless, And make merchandise of your friend. 28 Now therefore be pleased to look at me, For surely I shall not lie to your face. 29 Please return. Let there be no injustice; Yes, return again, my cause is righteous.30 Is there injustice on my tongue? Can't my taste discern mischievous things?
7:1 "Isn't a man forced to labor on eretz? Aren't his days like the days of a hired hand? 2 As a servant who earnestly desires the shadow, As a hireling who looks for his wages, 3 So am I made to possess months of misery, Wearisome nights are appointed to me. 4 When I lie down, I say, 'When shall I arise, and the night be gone?' I toss and turn until the dawning of the day. 5 My flesh is clothed with worms and clods of dust. My skin closes up, and breaks out afresh. 6 My days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle, And are spent without hope. 7 Oh remember that my life is a breath. My eye shall no more see good. 8 The eye of him who sees me shall see me no more. Your eyes shall be on me, but I shall not be. 9 As the cloud is consumed and vanishes away, So he who goes down to She'ol shall come up no more. 10 He shall return no more to his house, Neither shall his place know him any more. 11"Therefore I will not keep silent. I will speak in the anguish of my spirit. I will complain in the bitterness of my soul. 12 Am I a sea, or a sea-monster, That you put a guard over me? 13 When I say, 'My bed shall comfort me, My couch shall ease my complaint;' 14 Then you scar me with dreams, And terrify me through visions: 15 So that my soul chooses strangling, Death rather than my bones. 16I loathe my life. I don't want to live forever. Leave me alone; for my days are but a breath. 17 What is man, that you should magnify him, That you should set your mind on him, 18 That you should visit him every morning, And test him every moment? 19 How long will you not look away from me, Nor leave me alone until I swallow down my spittle? 20 If I have sinned, what do I do to you, you watcher of men? Why have you set me as a mark for you, So that I am a burden to myself? 21 Why do you not pardon my disobedience, and take away my iniquity? For now shall I lie down in the dust. You will seek me diligently, but I shall not be." 


NEW TESTAMENT:  1 CORINTHIANS 14:18 - 40

14:18 I thank my God, I speak with other languages more than you all.
19 However in the assembly I would rather speak five words with my understanding, that I might instruct others also, than ten thousand words in another language. 
20 Brothers, don't be children in thoughts, yet in malice be babies, but in thoughts be mature. 
21 In the law it is written, "By men of strange languages and by the lips of strangers I will speak to this people. Not even thus will they hear me, says the Lord." 
22 Therefore other languages are for a sign, not to those who believe, but to the unbelieving; but prophesying is for a sign, not to the unbelieving, but to those who believe. 
23 If therefore the whole assembly is assembled together and all speak with other languages, and unlearned or unbelieving people come in, won't they say that you are crazy? 
24 But if all prophesy, and someone unbelieving or unlearned comes in, he is reproved by all, and he is judged by all. 
25 And thus the secrets of his heart are revealed. So he will fall down on his face and worship God, declaring that God is among you indeed. 
26 What is it then, brothers? When you come together, each one of you has a psalm, has a teaching, has a revelation, has another language, has an interpretation. Let all things be done to build each other up. 
27 If any man speaks in another language, let it be two, or at the most three, and in turn; and let one interpret. 
28 But if there is no interpreter, let him keep silence in the assembly, and let him speak to himself, and to God. 
29 Let the prophets speak, two or three, and let the others discern. 
30 But if a revelation is made to another sitting by, let the first keep silence. 
31 For you all can prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be exhorted. 
32 The spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets, 
33 for God is not a God of confusion, but of shalom. As in all the assemblies of the holy ones, 
34 let your wives keep silence in the assemblies, for it has not been permitted for them to speak; but let them be in subjection, as the law also says. 
35 If they desire to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home, for it is shameful for a woman to chatter in the assembly. 
36 What? Was it from you that the word of God went forth? Or did it come to you alone? 
37 If any man thinks himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him recognize the things which I write to you, that they are the mitzvah of the Lord. 
38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant. 
39 Therefore, brothers, desire earnestly to prophesy, and don't forbid speaking with other languages. 
40 Let all things be done decently and in order.

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment