Friday, February 23, 2024

THEinc-HIM Daily Bible Meditation - October 4 - Full Text

Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 














OCTOBER 4

PSALMS:  4, 34, 64, 94, 124

PROVERBS:  4

OLD TESTAMENT:  ZECHARIAH 6:1 - 7:14

NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATIONS 15:1 - 8

PSALMS:  4

1 For the leader. 
With stringed instruments. 
A psalm of David: 
O God, my vindicator! 
Answer me when I call! 
When I was distressed, you set me free; 
now have mercy on me, and hear my prayer. 
2 Men of rank, how long will you shame my honor, 
love what is vain, chase after lies? 
(Selah) 
3 Understand that ADONAI sets apart the godly person for himself; 
ADONAI will hear when I call to him. 
4 You can be angry, but do not sin! 
Think about this as you lie in bed, and calm down. 
(Selah) 
5 Offer sacrifices rightly, 
and put your trust in ADONAI. 
6 Many ask, "Who can show us some good?" 
ADONAI, lift the light of your face over us! 
7 You have filled my heart with more joy 
than all their grain and new wine. 
8 I will lie down and sleep in peace; 
for, ADONAI, you alone make me live securely.


PSALMS:  34

1 By David, 
when he pretended to be insane before Avimelekh, 
who then drove him away; 
so he left: 
I will bless ADONAI at all times; 
his praise will always be in my mouth. 
2 When I boast, it will be about ADONAI; 
the humble will hear of it and be glad. 
3 Proclaim with me the greatness of ADONAI; 
let us exalt his name together. 
4 I sought ADONAI, and he answered me; 
he rescued me from everything I feared. 
5 They looked to him and grew radiant; 
their faces will never blush for shame. 
6 This poor man cried; 
ADONAI heard and saved him from all his troubles. 
7 The angel of ADONAI, 
who encamps around those who fear him, delivers them. 
8 Taste, and see that ADONAI is good. 
How blessed are those who take refuge in him! 
9 Fear ADONAI, you holy ones of his, 
for those who fear him lack nothing. 
10 Young lions can be needy, they can go hungry, 
but those who seek ADONAI lack nothing good. 
11 Come, children, listen to me; 
I will teach you the fear of ADONAI. 
12 Which of you takes pleasure in living? 
Who wants a long life to see good things?
13 [If you do,] keep your tongue from evil 
and your lips from deceiving talk; 
14 turn from evil, and do good; 
seek peace, go after it! 
15 The eyes of ADONAI watch over the righteous, 
and his ears are open to their cry. 
16 But the face of ADONAI opposes those who do evil, 
to cut off all memory of them from the earth. 
17 [The righteous] cried out, and ADONAI heard, 
and he saved them from all their troubles. 
18 ADONAI is near those with broken hearts; 
he saves those whose spirit is crushed. 
19 The righteous person suffers many evils, 
but ADONAI rescues him out of them all. 
20 He protects all his bones; 
not one of them gets broken. 
21 Evil will kill the wicked, and those who 
hate the righteous will be condemned.
22 But ADONAI redeems his servants; 
no one who takes refuge in him will be condemned.


PSALMS:  64

1 For the leader. 
A psalm of David: 
Hear my voice, God, as I plead: 
preserve my life from fear of the enemy. 
2 Hide me from the secret intrigues of the wicked 
and the open insurrection of evildoers. 
3 They sharpen their tongues like a sword; 
they aim their arrows, poisoned words, 
4 in order to shoot from cover at the innocent, 
shooting suddenly and fearing nothing. 
5 They support each other's evil plans; 
they talk of hiding snares and ask, "Who would see them?"
6 They search for ways to commit crimes, 
bringing their diligent search to completion when each 
of them has thought it through in the depth of his heart. 
7  Suddenly God shoots them down with an arrow, 
leaving them with wounds; 
8 their own tongues make them stumble. 
All who see them shake their heads. 
9 Everyone is awestruck they acknowledge that it is God at work, 
they understand what he has done. 
10 The righteous will rejoice in ADONAI; 
they will take refuge in him; 
all the upright in heart will exult.


PSALMS:  94

1 God of vengeance, ADONAI! 
God of vengeance, appear! 
2 Assert yourself as judge of the earth! 
Pay back the proud as they deserve! 
3 How long are the wicked, ADONAI, 
how long are the wicked to triumph? 
4 They pour out insolent words, 
they go on bragging, all these evildoers. 
5 They crush your people, ADONAI, 
they oppress your heritage. 
6 They kill widows and strangers 
and murder the fatherless. 
7 They say, "Yah isn't looking; 
the God of Ya'akov won't notice." 
8 Take notice, yourselves, you boors among the people! 
You fools, when will you understand? 
9 Will the one who planted the ear not hear? 
Will the one who formed the eye not see?
10 Will the one who disciplines nations not correct them? 
Will the teacher of humanity not know? 
11 ADONAI understands that people's thoughts 
are merely a puff of wind. 
12 How happy the man whom you correct, Yah, 
whom you teach from your Torah, 
13 giving him respite from days of trouble, 
till a pit is dug for the wicked! 
14 For ADONAI will not desert his people, 
he will not abandon his heritage. 
15 Justice will once again become righteous, 
and all the upright in heart will follow it. 
16 Who will champion my cause against the wicked? 
Who will stand up for me against evildoers? 
17 If ADONAI hadn't helped me, 
I would soon have dwelt in the land of silence. 
18 When I said, "My foot is slipping!"
your grace, ADONAI, supported me. 
19 When my cares within me are many, 
your comforts cheer me up. 
20 Can unjust judges be allied with you, 
those producing wrong in the name of law? 
21 They band together against the righteous 
and condemn the innocent to death. 
22 But ADONAI has become my stronghold, 
my God is my rock of refuge.
23 But he repays them as their guilt deserves; 
he will cut them off with their own evil; 
ADONAI our God will cut them off.


PSALMS:  124

1 A song of ascents. 
By David: 
If ADONAI hadn't been for us -let Isra'el repeat it - 
2 If ADONAI hadn't been for us 
when people rose to attack us, 
3 then, when their anger blazed against us, 
they would have swallowed us alive! 
4 Then the water would have engulfed us, 
the torrent would have swept over us. 
5 Yes, the raging water would have swept right over us. 
6 Blessed be ADONAI, 
who did not leave us to be a prey for their teeth! 
7 We escaped like a bird from the hunter's trap; 
the trap is broken, and we have escaped. 
8 Our help is in the name of ADONAI, 
the maker of heaven and earth.


PROVERBS:  4

1 Listen, children, to a father's instruction; 
pay attention, in order to gain insight; 
2 for I am giving you good advice; 
so don't abandon my teaching. 
3 For I too was once a child to my father; 
and my mother, too, thought of me as her special darling. 
4 He too taught me; he said to me, 
"Let your heart treasure my words; 
keep my commands, and live; 
5 gain wisdom, gain insight; 
don't forget or turn from the words I am saying. 
6 Don't abandon [wisdom]; 
then she will preserve you; 
love her, and she will protect you. 
7 The beginning of wisdom is: get wisdom! 
And along with all your getting, get insight! 
8 Cherish her, and she will exalt you; 
embrace her, and she will bring you honor; 
9 she will give your head a garland of grace, 
bestow on you a crown of glory." 
10 Listen, my son, receive what I say, 
and the years of your life will be many. 
11 I'm directing you on the way of wisdom, 
guiding you in paths of uprightness; 
12 when you walk, your step won't be hindered; 
and if you run, you won't stumble. 
13 Hold fast to discipline, don't let it go; 
guard it, for it is your life. 
14 Don't follow the path of the wicked 
or walk on the way of evildoers.
15 Avoid it, don't go on it, 
turn away from it, and pass on. 
16 For they can't sleep if they haven't done evil, 
they are robbed of sleep unless they make someone fall. 
17  For they eat the bread of wickedness 
and drink the wine of violence. 
18 But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, 
shining ever brighter until full daylight. 
19 The way of the wicked is like darkness; 
they don't even know what makes them stumble. 
20 My son, pay attention to what I am saying; 
incline your ear to my words. 
21 Don't let them out of your sight, 
keep them deep in your heart; 
22 for they are life to those who find them 
and health to their whole being. 
23 Above everything else, guard your heart; 
for it is the source of life's consequences. 
24 Keep crooked speech out of your mouth, 
banish deceit from your lips. 
25 Let your eyes look straight ahead, 
fix your gaze on what lies in front of you. 
26 Level the path for your feet, 
let all your ways be properly prepared; 
27 then deviate neither right nor left; 
and keep your foot far from evil.


OLD TESTAMENT:  ZECHARIAH 6:1 - 7:14

6:1 Again I lifted up my eyes, and saw, and, behold, four chariots came out from between two mountains; and the mountains were mountains of brass. 2 In the first chariot were red horses; in the second chariot black horses; 3 in the third chariot white horses; and in the fourth chariot dappled horses, all of them powerful. 4 Then I asked the angel who talked with me, "What are these, my lord?"5 The angel answered me, "These are the four winds of the sky, which go forth from standing before the Lord of all the eretz. 6 The one with the black horses goes out toward the north country; and the white went out after them; and the dappled went forth toward the south country." 7  The strong went out, and sought to go that they might walk back and forth through the eretz: and he said, "Go around and through the eretz!" So they walked back and forth through the eretz. 8 Then he called to me, and spoke to me, saying, "Behold, those who go toward the north country have quieted my spirit in the north country." 9 The word of the LORD came to me, saying, 10 "Take of them of the captivity, even of Heldai, of Toviyah, and of Yedayah; and come the same day, and go into the house of Yoshiyahu the son of Tzefanyah, where they have come from Bavel. 11 Yes, take silver and gold, and make crowns, and set them on the head of Yehoshua the son of Yehotzadak, the Kohen Gadol; 12 and speak to him, saying, 'Thus says the LORD of Hosts, "Behold, the man whose name is the Branch: and he shall grow up out of his place; and he shall build the temple of the LORD; 13 even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule on his throne; and he shall be a Kohen on his throne; and the counsel of shalom shall be between them both. 14 The crowns shall be to Helem, and to Toviyah, and to Yedayah, and to Hen the son of Tzefanyah, for a memorial in the temple of the LORD. 15 Those who are far off shall come and build in the temple of the LORD; and you shall know that the LORD of hosts has sent me to you. This will happen, if you will diligently obey the voice of the LORD your God."'" 

7:1 It happened in the fourth year of king Daryavesh that the word of the LORD came to Zekharyah in the fourth day of the ninth month, the month of Kislev. 2 The people of Beit-El sent Sar'etzer and Regem-Melekh, and their men, to entreat the LORD's favor, 
3 and to speak to the Kohanim of the house of the LORD of Hosts, and to the prophets, saying, "Should I weep in the fifth month, separating myself, as I have done these so many years?" 4 Then the word of the LORD of Hosts came to me, saying, 5 "Speak to all the people of the land, and to the Kohanim, saying, 'When you fasted and mourned in the fifth and in the seventh month for these seventy years, did you at all fast to me, really to me? 6 When you eat, and when you drink, don't you eat for yourselves, and drink for yourselves? 7 Aren't these the words which the LORD proclaimed by the former prophets, when Yerushalayim was inhabited and in prosperity, and its cities around her, and the South and the lowland were inhabited?'" 8 The word of the LORD came to Zekharyah, saying, 9 "Thus has the LORD of Hosts spoken, saying, 'Execute true judgment, and show kindness and compassion every man to his brother. 10 Don't oppress the widow, nor the fatherless, the sojourner, nor the poor; and let none of you devise evil against his brother in your heart.' 11 But they refused to listen, and turned their backs, and stopped their ears, that they might not hear. 12 Yes, they made their hearts as hard as flint, lest they might hear the law, and the words which the LORD of Hosts had sent by his Spirit by the former prophets. Therefore great wrath came from the LORD of Hosts. 13 It has come to pass that, as he called, and they refused to listen, so they will call, and I will not listen," said the LORD of Hosts; 14 "but I will scatter them with a whirlwind among all the nations which they have not known. Thus the land was desolate after them, so that no man passed through nor returned: for they made the pleasant land desolate." 


NEW TESTAMENT:  REVELATIONS 15:1 - 8

15:1 I saw another great and marvelous sign in the sky: seven angels having the seven last plagues, for in them God's wrath is finished. 
2 I saw something like a sea of glass mixed with fire, and those who overcame the beast, and his image, and the number of his name, standing on the sea of glass, having harps of God. 
3 They sang the song of Moshe, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, "Great and marvelous are your works, Lord God, Shaddai; Righteous and true are your ways, you King of the nations. 
4 Who wouldn't fear you, Lord, And glorify your name? For you only are holy. For all the nations will come and worship before you. For your righteous acts have been revealed. 
5 After these things I looked, and the temple of the tent of the testimony in heaven was opened. 
6 The seven angels who had the seven plagues came out from the temple, clothed with pure, bright linen, and wearing golden sashes around their breasts. 
7  One of the four living creatures gave to the seven angels seven golden bowls full of the wrath of God, who lives forever and ever. 
8 The temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power. No one was able to enter into the temple, until the seven plagues of the seven angels would be finished.

John 3:16-21 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. G 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." H

No comments:

Post a Comment